The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

slimmyworm 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-03-01, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slimmyworm Click to send private message to slimmyworm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis"
Hey all, first post here, some spoiler analysis, plus good stuff from Mike's interview with Rich...
Thus far, I haven't been able to find much spoiler evidence relating directly to Episode 7, so I've decided to expand my focus somewhat and look a few more episodes down the line. I think there's some inferences to be made from this stuff. For my speculation I assume that the jury had to stay reasonably close to the ranch because they had to come back every few days to witness TC.

-- Mary Alderman, who owned the ranch at which the survivors went for their psychological debriefing, and were allowed to stay afterwards, has said that the survivors went into town to go shopping. When people asked who they were, she said that they were students at a local college. I don't remember the name of the school. Source: I don't have Lexis-Nexis access at home, so I can't get this now, but this article I think is pretty much common knowledge.
Now, I don't know about you, but I'm in college now, and I don't often see Rodger look-alikes hanging out around campus, other than my professors, anyway. Certainly Nick, Liz and Amber look like college students, and I guess it's plausible that Jeff, Colby, Alicia and Jerri could pass for older students. That leaves Keith and Tina in addition to Rodger. This doesn't necessarily mean much, nor is it really related to the rest of this post, and for all I know these three don't like to shop, but at least keep it in mind.

-- Jerri "stayed a little bit longer when they were finished filming and went shopping in Australia with a friend", according to her mom. Source: Huntsville Times
This quote has been used to support the hypothesis that Jerri stays until the final few days. The friend could be Amber, I guess, but we don't really know enough about merged tribe dynamics to be sure yet.

-- Mike says that he didn't get to know Keith while in the Outback, but his tribemates said he was a good guy. Source: Radio interview posted on board.

-- Mike's timeline. He spends 18 days on the island before burning his hands, then 7 days (days 19-25) in the burn unit. Then Mike says he spends 7 days in outpatient therapy (days 26-32). Finally, Mike basically says screw the doctors' advice, I'm seeing Australia. He spends two and a half weeks touring the Great Barrier Reef (days 33-49). Source: Mike's interview with Rich Hatch, ET Online
Now, of course there are only 42 days in Survivor. It is important to note the way Mike says this: "I had two and a half weeks left". The first time I read this, I was doing the mental math, and was so ready for him to say a week and a half that I just skipped over it. If he consciously knew he had another week to enjoy Australia, I think that it's possible that they all did. This would make the idea that Jerri stays another week to go shopping because she made it right to the end less significant.

What to make of all this? I'm rather interested in analyzing the Mike and Keith quote while looking at Mike's timeline. I feel like Mike would not have added the part about how Keith's tribemates said he was a good guy if he had gotten to know him while Keith had been booted and Mike was in outpatient therapy - presumably relaxing at the ranch and going back to the hospital each day - Mike would have been more likely to say he didn't get to know Keith well and simply leave it at that. If Keith is on the jury, he would have had to stay near the ranch and probably seen Mike while recuperating. (Note: this does not preclude Keith going this week and leaving to travel after a few days, since he wouldn't be on the jury.)

So in order for there to be tribemates to talk to Mike, don't some Ogakors have to be among the E8-E9-E10 bootees? I doubt when Mike talked about Keith's tribemates, that he meant the merged tribe, although I can't say that for sure. Kel should be around, but Maralyn and Mitch are already gone. In any case, Mike should be hanging out at the ranch while the 8th, 9th, and 10th bootees are there. It seems like there should be some Ogakors there, but from the quote, I don't think Keith is one of them. Does he last long, or does he go this week?

Whew, that was long...Feedback please.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis Rudyrox 03-03-01 1
   RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis Minstrel 03-03-01 3
       RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis Dalton 03-03-01 5
 RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis dangerkitty 03-03-01 2
   RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis slimmyworm 03-03-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-01, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis"
I think it's highly possible Mike wasn't staying at the ranch with the other banished contestants at all. He spent a week or two in the hospital and then another week doing out-patient care. I could be wrong but I think the ranch was rather isolated and away from the city. Micheal was most like staying close to the hospital through the course of his treatment. I'm thinking Mike didn't reunite with any of the contestants until the game was over and he was mostly recovered.

I have nothing to back that up other then it makes the most sense to me.

Mary

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-03-01, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis"
I agree with Rudyrox here, not that you aren't doing a good job trying to assess the time line (keep it up)! The problem I have is just how much, if any, could he "see the barrier reef?" The answer is in Brisbane and the burn unit there. Mike went there and unless I'm mistaken, the barrier reef is in that area. Now, I would believe that he would not enter the water with burned hands trying to be healed.

Mike said on "The Early Show," that he had a series of skin grafts, and had a series of operations scheduled. But these operations did not occur because the grafts and Mike's regenerative powers were very successful. The doctor evidently said in 25 years in the burn unit, he had never seen a patient heal as quickly and completely as Mike.

But the timeline presented carries beyond the 42 days. So, I think not only was part of Mike's "seeing the barrier reef" coincide with being at the burn unit, but that when backing up the time line, he was absent long enough not to know who is booted after him. E7 through 10 means twelve days. We know he was unattached to the bootees for at least two weeks after getting burned. So, no way we can assume anyone was or was not booted off during this time.

Mike even said that he returned home still with bandages that he told his family were as if he had a severe sunburn. He said he carried his own luggage and that hurt a lot. So his hands had not completely healed by then.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-03-01, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis"
Minstrel, may I add that Mike said on the Early
Show....he was flown to the best burn center in
the country and it was 3 HOURS away by plane.

He also said MB assigned a crewperson to stay
at the medical/burn unit with him and that MB
"phoned" him everyday. (Yeah right, but only to see
if he was still breathing!! GRRR, MB)

Certainly gave the impression that Mike didn't
have any contact with the ranch or bootee's once
his burning hunk was loaded in that helicopter...
until the show went on air, at least.

D.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-03-01, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis"
Regarding the quote from Mike that he didn't get to know Keith but heard from his tribemates that he was a good guy - I had interpreted that as Mike heard from HIS, Mike's, tribemates. Do you know absolutely if he meant one or the other? I have used this assumption in my speculation that Keith may get into the Kucha group by promising to vote out Jerri, thus guaranteeing she goes and Kucha gets majority (based partly on analysis of info and partly, I admit, on an increasingly obsessive and blood-thirsty desire to see Jerri's cackling, shrieking, sneering, egomanical, more-than-I-wanted-to-know sex fantasizing, boobs-falling-out-the-side-of-her-bikini-top, skanky ass OUTA there! But I digress).

BTW - are you a slimmy worm as opposed to a fatty worm?

slimmyworm 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-03-01, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slimmyworm Click to send private message to slimmyworm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Merged Tribe Spoiler Analysis"
>Regarding the quote from Mike that
>he didn't get to know
>Keith but heard from his
>tribemates that he was a
>good guy - I had
>interpreted that as Mike heard
>from HIS, Mike's, tribemates.

The quote as I remember it, was, "but his tribemates said he was a good guy." I'm pretty sure it was meant to indicate the Ogawhore tribe.

>BTW - are you a slimmy
>worm as opposed to a
>fatty worm?

Hmm...hadn't really thought about that when I picked the name. Maybe I should have.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •