The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 7 Boot discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-20-11, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 7 Boot discussion"
Once again, I don't think it's clear yet which tribe is going to TC, so it's best to look at both. Who is going to RI from each tribe is a little more clear, however.

For Coachtribe, I think Edna is clearly the one to go home if they go to TC again. We see in the previews that the tribe at least makes a show of coming together and bonding after the contentious vote last episode, so presumably they see value in holding together. Edna is the lowest person on the totem pole and should be an easy vote if they lose the IC again.

There is one wrinkle to all of this, which I'll mention at the end.

At NotOzzytribe, Ozzy is clearly on the outs despite his lame attempt at getting his tribe to forgive his stupidity. And we see him in the previews offering to go to RI. It's a no brainer - if someone offers to go, everyone else's sense of self preservation says "Sure, man, go for it!"

So yeah, Edna for Coachtribe and Ozzy for NotOzzytribe. But of course, Probst wants to keep us guessing so he threw this out in the EW article:

EW: We’re almost halfway through the season, so hit us up with an extra-special tease for next week.

PROBST: Extra special? Okay. Part 1: It’s time for some Coach-chi. Part 2: An epic blunder in a challenge may cost a favorite their spot in the game.

So does someone totally screw up at the challenge and get themselves booted? This feels more like something that would happen at Coachtribe.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion emydi 10-20-11 1
   RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-20-11 5
 RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion Flowerpower 10-20-11 2
 RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion Booted 10-20-11 3
   RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion CTgirl 10-20-11 4
   RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion 5cats 10-20-11 6
       RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-21-11 10
 The Epic Blunder... Flowerpower 10-20-11 7
 RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion kingfish 10-20-11 8
   I have a message from Maxx Modesty 10-20-11 9
       Ozzy Corvis 10-21-11 12
           RE: Ozzy kingfish 10-21-11 14
               RE: Ozzy Corvis 10-21-11 15
                   RE: Ozzy kingfish 10-21-11 16
       Ozzy sacrifices himself, Christine ... Belle Book 10-21-11 17
   RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-21-11 11
       RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion dabo 10-21-11 13
 RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion SurvivorFan101 10-26-11 18
   RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion tribephyl 10-26-11 19
       RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion Belle Book 10-26-11 22
   RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion Krautboy 10-26-11 20
       RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion PepeLePew13 10-26-11 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-20-11, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
In preview, it seems Ozzy is telling Cochran that he'd go to RI if needed...I think this convo happens b4 the challenge. So they may not even go to TC. Another way Ozzy tries to ingratiate himself back into the tribe.

I can understand his frustration and actions, he was mad, he got over it, he apologized. He made the HI tell all blunder and then compounded it by lying about why he told them (tribe unity, right, at that time it was Ha I got HI suck it beyotches)
I think Dawn and Cochran saw right thru Ozzy on that one

However what I found interesting was Jim's love confessional for Ozzy. He's right about both pre and post merge uses for Ozzy.

So if Savii does go to TC, Jim and KW may not want to risk Oz losing to either Mik/Chr in most likely an endurance. I can't recall Ozzy's past challenge success in endurance challenges but I don't think he won any. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

I think DC will also be concerned about Oz using the HI to get rid of either of them (most likely Cochran).

It will be interesting if Savii goes to TC

But pending other vidcaps, etc. I am leaning towards a Upolu loss from the feel of last nite...they really stressed strength...Albert's facial expressions thruout, he was meant to be the smart one last nite's editing imho. I'd like to hear what Rick said when he voted for Mik (if he said anything at all) Probably about honoring his commitment to 6.

It should be Edna that goes, but Coach most likely is the "fave" blunderer but Jiffy's may means it's unlikely to happen. Just made up drama for a run of the mill boot.

Right now I'd say Edna.

If Savii goes, I'd say Ozzy gets his wish and he holds onto HI for post merge, if he has one. I don't think he gives it up pre boot. He may give it to winner of last duel if he loses...who knows?

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-20-11, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
I can understand his frustration and actions, he was mad, he got over it, he apologized. He made the HI tell all blunder and then compounded it by lying about why he told them (tribe unity, right, at that time it was Ha I got HI suck it beyotches)
I think Dawn and Cochran saw right thru Ozzy on that one

I thought so at first too, especially with smarmy Jim telling us that Ozzy revealing his HII was "the worst move." BUT when you juxtapose Ozzy's entire tribe knowing about his HII with what's going on in Upolu, it might not be so. If/when Brandon finds out about Benjamin having the HII this whole time (and Sophie & Albert knowing about it), heads are going to roll,* IMO. Keeping the HII from the rest of your tribe/alliance might not be the right way to go this year with the "loyalty" theme.

*And, in crazy Brandon's case, that might just be literal.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-11, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
I agree, Corvis and emy that the challenge victor is not completely clear yet. But, I think that Ozzy made great progress in the last episode. Regarding the teasers, we see Coach praying with his tribe, asking for rejuvenation, he also has to draw a line in the sand with Sophie and Albert regarding the loose cannon, Brandon. He has his work cut out for him.

Regarding the second teaser....An epic blunder in a challenge may cost a favorite their spot in the game. Well, since the teaser specifically says, "a favorite", then he is only referring to Ozzy or Coach. I agree, it could certainly be Coach and if there were odds to which one would be more likely to blunder, it would definitely be Coach. However, I think it's Ozzy. Because, it is NOT the EXPECTED one to blunder.

So, now we can start to put the puzzle together. Ozzy blunders in a big way and loses the challenge. Feeling the weight of the seemingly insurmountable odds facing the tribe at the merge, leads Ozzy to make the biggest move in 23 seasons. He's going to risk his own survivor life for the life of his tribe post merge. And, It's going to pay off big time, imo.

I think Savaii will lose the challenge, Ozzy will voluntarily plan and ask to be the one voted out to take his chances on RI. Furthermore, I think he will beat Mikayla at RI and be returned to the game.

Emy: I can specifically remember Ozzy losing at the hold your arm up so the water bucket doesn't spill water all over you challenge in Micronesia. But, in all honesty, I think Ozzy was cocky and over confident and didn't see himself in any danger whatsoever. So, he didn't feel threatened. Honestly, when Ozzy's back is up against the wall, I don't think he has EVER LOST! KO Fan would be the one to ask this question though, I am sure she can remember better than me.

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-20-11, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
I think the key word being MAY

An epic blunder in a challenge may cost a favorite their spot in the game.

I think it will be Ozzy - he almost loses the RI challenge but doesn't.

Boot Ed

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-11, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
We are getting ahead of ourselves. The week's duel will be between Mikayla and Christine. It's the immunity challenge where Ozzy may make an epic blunder. It "may" cost a favorite (Ozzy) their spot in the game because he volunteers to go to RI.

5cats 1186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-20-11, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
The epic blunder may be done on purpose by Ozzie to throw the IC.

10-21-11, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
I said this in the TH thread, but Ozzy throwing the challenge on purpose makes no sense at this point in the game. If Savaii wins this challenge they are guaranteed going into merge with even numbers (if the Upolu RI returnee sticks with Upolu -- 6v6) OR the possibility of the Upolu returnee from RI flipping to Savaii and them being up 2 (7v5).

It makes absolutely no sense to throw this challenge. Ozzy going to RI is a back up plan B after Savaii loses the challenge.

The blunderer, btw, does not have to be the same person as the favorite. Given the vidcaps, with both tribes even during the "recovering pieces" part of the challenge, the 2 callers on both tribe are probably the ones putting the puzzle together. Thus, most likely is is John (or Jim) who causes the blunder & the loss. Instead of sending the sure-to-lose-the-duel-John to RI, the plan is hatched for Ozzy to go to RI as he has a better chance than John of winning the duel and coming back in so that Savaii can at least go into merge with even number. Plus, he might even be able to use his "being sent" to RI as an opening to pretend to join up with Upolu & get their secrets to use against them at the first TC (hence, "Trojan Horse").

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-11, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The Epic Blunder..."

Just wanted to say that I agree with Kiki, that the epic blunder is most likely not the same person as one of the favorites. I expect it to be who else, the inept at challenges, Cochran.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-11, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

Where is OFG? I'm about to go off on another wild eyed scenario involving Mikayla getting revenge against Brandon.

There are indications in the clues so far that if Coachtribe goes to TC, Brandon may get booted to RI.

Even with Coach professing man-love for Brandon at the last TC, he has to be edgy about what Brandon's reaction will be when he learns that Coach has been stringing him along, and that along with Brandon's basic instability might persuade Coach to advocate voting him to RI. He knows that Brandon is getting into trust and loyalty issues, and when he learns that Coach is not being upfront about the HI, he will no longer be a Coach ally. Time for that bullet to the head.

So. Brandon goes to RI, and if Mikayla out duels Christine (not unlikely in spite of Christine's so far great record) we will have: 1) Brandon having to spend a few days/nights on the island alone with Mikayla, and as hard as that would be for Mikayla, it will definitely rattle Brandon's cage, and 2) a chance at Redemption for Mikayla in the next RI challenge.

I know this is very speculative, but it is also intriguing, and just the kind of thing MB would set up if he could. And I personally would very much like to see Brandon's buff burnt by Mikayla. Admittedly the clues as to this happening are not that strong so far, but MB has the next episode and the following week's worth of promos to set this up. If Coach Tribe goes to TC this week, and Brandon goes to RI.

Modesty 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-20-11, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Modesty Click to send private message to Modesty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I have a message from Maxx"
He's posting his spoilers on Friday night this week so you'll have to be quick with your game.

I'm not sure how I became Maxx's messenger girl...

10-21-11, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Ozzy "
Well, I'm voting then.

NotOzzyTribe loses IC. Ozzy is sent to RI. Mikayla wins the duel.

10-21-11, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ozzy "
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-11 AT 12:25 PM (EST)

I better vote now too. And hey, no money involved, I can't possibly win anyhow, why not go for the heart bet.

Coachtribe loses IC, Brandon goes to RI, Mikayla wins RI challenge.

(I don't know how to reconcile the Trojan Horse clue with CoachTribe going to TC, but maybe something will come up).

And the Devil is sitting on Brandon's left shoulder whispering in his ear "Do it Brandon, go ahead, Do it. No one's watching, no one will know, just do it. You know she wants it and you do to, right? Just do it".

Corvis, if NotOzzyTribe loses IC, how would Ozzy get to RI?

10-21-11, 12:38 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ozzy "
NotOzzyTribe is the one Ozzy is on. I was comparing it to CoachTribe in the sense that Coach has control of his tribe but Ozzy has lost control of his. But yeah, that's not really clear without the Coachtribe reference in the same tribe. Anyway.

So just to be clear, Savaii loses the IC. Ozzy is off to RI. Mikayla wins the duel.

10-21-11, 01:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ozzy "
I get it. When put that way it is perfectly clear.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-21-11, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Ozzy sacrifices himself, Christine finally loses!"
I'm voting as well.

Christine has begun to break down, so she finally loses a duel and burns her buff.

Upolu wins the Reward & Immunity Challenge, sending Savaii to Tribal Council. Although someone else (probably Cochran) screws up, Ozzy knows Cochran has no chance against Mikayla, so he volunteers to go to Redemption Island. And Savaii agrees.

10-21-11, 00:10 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-11 AT 00:16 AM (EST)

I, too, would like to see Brandon's buff burnt, BUT I seriously doubt that Mikayla -- someone we've barely heard from all season -- being the person to come back into the game from RI.

Also, I really think it will be an Ozzy v. Mikayla final duel before merge. An Ozzy v. Mikayla showdown was foreshadowed in episode 1 in one of the very few times we've heard Mikayla speak.

eta: the Mikayla confessional from Episode 1:

“The helicopter comes in and you see Coach and you see Ozzy and, of course, right off the bat, you are like: Ozzyyyyy! He’s just an amazing athlete, someone you’d want to have on your tribe. Coach, he’s going to be so loony and out there, he’s just going to be nuts.”

She wanted to play with Ozzy and she will -- on RI.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-11, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
I've thought all along that Coach and Ozzy would end up together at the merge. The CvO theme in promos has been kept going all season so far, with only a slight change last week after Ozzy lost control of Savaii to make it seem Coach was at risk of losing control of Upolu.

The subterfuge aspect of the Trojan Horse gambit shouldn't work, the best Ozzy should realistically hope for is information from Mikayla. But after the merge he's not going to be trusted by Upolu, the weak link there is that Brandon is playing for redemption not for Upolu. Still, Jim unlike Ozzy is sly enough to pick up on the more subtle cues from Upolus.

SurvivorFan101 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-26-11, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorFan101 Click to send private message to SurvivorFan101 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-11 AT 12:40 PM (EST)

Found this interesting from SUCKS:

I'm not sure what can be speculated about this, but if anyone can go, maybe they can get some intel?

Posted on Ozzy's South Pacific Facebook Fan Page:

If you're in the LA area this Wednesday, come out and watch Survivor with me at The Parlor on Melrose! All proceeds from the event go to benefit my foundation - www.mexicoskateproject.org

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-11, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
Thanks S101!
Looks like with Ozzy free to make the publicity circuit, it would seem his longevity could be in question.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-26-11, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
Yeah. If he's beginning to do publicity stuff, Ozzy might not be long for the game after all. Either Ozzy fails to return to the game after all or else he does and he goes back not long after he returns.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-26-11, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
Wish I could go, but it's a 22 hour drive from here! Darn!

Krautboy

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-11, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 7 Boot discussion"
22 hours ... so?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •