The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-11, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-11 AT 02:07 PM (EST)

Episode 6, “Free Agent”

Welcome back for another week of spoiling. There was a lot of action early on as folks tried to outwit Maxx Fisher (sourced spoiler 100% accurate so far) to figure out the boot before he released his info. And we did a collective fantastic job, here are the results:

SquidProQuo brought us the SeeBS clues for the week:

TENSIONS ARE HIGH AND ONE CASTAWAY REVEALS A POTENTIALLY GAME-CHANGING SECRET, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 19

CHEAT TWEET: Feeling betrayed, a castaway reveals an important secret 2 his tribe. Good decision or bad? #Survivor Oct.19 @ 8pmET/PT

"Free Agent" – Feeling betrayed by their tribe, one castaway reveals a potentially game-changing secret, and appalled by the lack of loyalty within his tribe, another castaway threatens to leave the game. Meanwhile, on Redemption Island, Christine battles Elyse to try and win her fourth duel in a row and stay alive in the game, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Oct. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The teasers have been split between each tribe so far this season. The consensus of the group is that the castaway threatening to quit will be crybaby Brandrama.

Lots of great discussion in that thread on who would be feeling betrayed and what they would reveal to the group. Many agree that Ozzy the lone wolf will be the one, and that possibly he will reveal the hidden immunity idol to the group as a "free agent" offering to garner votes from the highest bidder.

Combined RC/IC Challenge: BlindFreddy brings us the vidcaps and before the second set were revealed, led by BF, Dabo, and Tribephyl and others, we figured out the majority of the challenge.

Edna will sit this one out, you can see her on the side of the starting mat:

Here is an overview of the course:

The tribes are split into 2 teams of 3. First for Upolu are Rick, Brandon, and Sophie, and for Savaii are Ozzy, Cochran, and Dawn. They race to untie and gather wheelbarrow pieces and then have to assemble it.

They have to wheel it under the coconut trough seen here:

They then have to fill up the pit with the coconuts by dumping them in:

We can see from that picture that Savaii is way behind the others, as Rick, Brandon, and Sophie are done, and Coach, Albert and Mikayla are on to the next stage.

Here we see Jim, Whitney, and Keith waiting anxiously for their turn:

The next part of the challenge involves the next 3 to race out and gather the rubberband/slingshot parts and then use the wheelbarrow and handles to build the actual slingshot:

You can see the upside down wheelbarrow attached to the platform, and the y that was the wheelbarrow legs is in the slot.

They use the slingshot to splatter the 6 targets each tribe has to hit:

Who wins? Well, again at first glance we saw that Savaii was a good deal behind, this is misdirection. Here we see Mikayla getting back to the mat by Coach:

Coach is clearly saying something to her and gesturing at the same time. Coach looks worried and dumbfounded in this shot:

FlowerPower points out that in this picture:

This is Coach saying, "If I'm gonna coach this team, I need the people in the heat of battle to listen to me...."

So it is concluded that after a rough start Savaii will win this challenge.

Redemption Island:

Once again no vidcaps or hints at the challenge or who will win. Most of the speculation on this board agrees that Christine will continue her "Matt" streak.

The boot

The boot discussion thread brought to us by Corvis yielded another nice group of discussions and variations. Many weren't sure early on who would win the challenge, so if Savaii went to TC then Ozzy, Jim, Cochran, Keith, and Whitney were all named as possibilities.

But further on after it was decided that Upolu lost the challenge, the discussions narrowed to Edna or Mikayla, everyone figuring Brandon saying he will quit was misdirection. We know that Coach favors loyalty over strength. We know that Coach wants to be and feels like he is in the drivers seat. We know that Coach is disgusted by losing the challenge and needing "coachable" players. We know that Edna was sitting out the challenge.

Though Edna is weaker than Mikayla, she has shown more loyalty to Coach and is the 1 in the 5 plus 1 alliance. We know that Brandon has been wanting to boot Mikayla since day 1. This week I believe he will get his wish and the un-coachable Mikayla will be benched.

Board tally:
RI Loser: Elyse
RC/IC Winner: Savaii
Booted: Mikayla

If you would like to look ahead to the merge there is some good discussion in this thread started by Krautboy

If you would like to share in the overall season editing thread, check here

If you would like to see the sourced spoiler and his riddles, Georgianna has it here.

Last but certainly not least, please go cast your vote brought to you each week by Dabo

Great job once again gang, all of your contributions are part of what makes this such a special place to spoil!!

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... Blind Freddy 10-17-11 1
 RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... tribephyl 10-17-11 2
 RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... Krautboy 10-17-11 3
 RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... Brownroach 10-17-11 4
   RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... KObrien_fan 10-17-11 5
 RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... CTgirl 10-17-11 6
   RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... Flowerpower 10-17-11 9
       RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... CTgirl 10-17-11 10
           RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... Brownroach 10-18-11 11
 RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... kingfish 10-17-11 7
 RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... Flowerpower 10-17-11 8
   RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (... Outfrontgirl 10-18-11 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-17-11, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Re: "...all of your contributions are part of what makes this such a special place to spoil!!"

And there are no better words to describe your own efforts this and every week KO ! Thank you for a great SOTS.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Remarkable job, everyone!!!
Thank you KO for your astounding ability to see through the muck and compile it all into a cohesive SOTS.
Congrats to those who, with all the stuff we slogged through, got the RI, Immunity winner and Boot without the help of Maxx.
That was fun!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-17-11, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Thanks again KO! You are part of the glue that holds this place together and makes it a special place for us to enjoy this crazy hobby!

Thanks for the SOTS! Well done as usual!

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
if Savaii went to TC then Ozzy, Jim, Cochran, Keith, and Whitney were all named as possibilities.

I had mentioned Dawn as a possibility. So I guess we named everyone.

Wonderful SOTS, KO.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Lol, yep, I guess we had Savaii covered if they went to TC

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
I was away last week and this was a perfect way to get me back up to speed. Thanks KO - awesome job!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Hey CTGirl! Is that Barnabus from Dark Shadows? Long time, no see!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
It is indeed Barnabas Collins - a blast from the past! Agman did his magic with the siggie. There aren't any good pictures of Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins yet...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-11, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Jonathan Frid!

I remember Dark Shadows very well from my youth. It was the first show I ever saw Kate Jackson on. I think she played someone named Daphne.

HAVING A BLAST FOR HALLOWEEN!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Thanks KatyO, I am still leaning in toward a Savaii loss at IC, but I'm leaning a lot less now thanks to your very intelligent (as always, and it's sorely missed when you are absent) recap of speculations.

No matter how mad that egocentric freak Coach gets, surely Upulo can't blow that lead. Their only strategy is to "hit the targets" and they already know that, so what can they be doing wrong for him to criticize, except missing? Which isn't strategy, just incompetence.

Coach> "OK Mikayla, now hit the target"

Mikayla> "Oopsy. Sorry, I missed"

Coach> "I told you to hit the target. How can we win if you are so uncoachable as to not do what I say? I distinctly told you to hit the target and you ignored my instructions! Now we have to vote you out because you're so stubborn."

Coach, in confessional> " How can I possible coach these guys if they won't do what I'm telling them to do? What a bunch of uncoachable morons! I might as well just quit right now!"

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"

Great job, KO! Everything layed out from start to finish. And, what a week it was. We first thought that Savaii would be headed to TC, then with the clues and added promo shots deduced that it would indeed be Upolu that goes. It made sense for Edna and Mikayla to be the possible targets as they are out of the stargazer loop. OFG hit it home for me with Mikayla, she convinced me that it was she rather than Edna. But, great discussion everyone and it was fun getting around to a consensus.

KO: You, BF, and Tribe did a phenomenal job deciphering that challenge....well done! I especially loved the arrows and text used to explain them. I still marvel at the folks that can really do wonders with vidcap evidence. Thanks!

Flo Po

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-11, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S23 Ep6 State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Thank you KO!
Ditto what FloPo said, you sure can work magic with your diagrams.

Speaking as someone who has always sucked at figuring out challenges, you deserve praise if you can make it so I can picture it.

Thanks FloPo for the Mikayla shout out. Corvis all over that too.
I think I was the one to single out the cap with Coach talking to Mikayla, after YOU pointed out the confessional about heat of battle.

That point about heat of battle turned it all around this week.

I have been saying Coach is the "quit" guy all week because he is into loyalty.

It could also be Brandon. He is emotional and he could go after his alliance for refusing to consider Mikayla, but he did apologize to her.

Coach seems more like the one who would talk about loyalty within the TRIBE. I think he is going to realize that Sophie and Albert are close to Mikayla and trying to bring her along, whereas he wants Edna in his pocket, and therein lies the potential for drama. Convenient to single out Mikayla as blowing their lead, I mean, only three people are in the second half, and we know COACH didn't screw it up, ahem. And Albert looks very on it.

Perhaps there is some trick to adjusting the range of the shot.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •