The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-14-04, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 5 - Best and Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-04 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

Movie Night with Quentin Tarantino,

and no one did any songs from Pulp fiction. bummer.

my faves:
LaToya, Fantasia, Jennifer

worst:
jasmin, DIANA (what was she thinking even attempting THAT SONG????)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst I_AM_HE 04-14-04 1
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst brvnkrz 04-15-04 4
       RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst I_AM_HE 04-15-04 7
           RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst brvnkrz 04-15-04 9
       RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst So_Opinionated 04-15-04 13
           RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst brvnkrz 04-15-04 33
           RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst RollDdice 04-17-04 76
   Jennifer's Earrings tortfeasorette 04-15-04 34
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst SouperStar 04-14-04 2
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst wg_rebel 04-16-04 74
 My take... MandyM 04-14-04 3
   RE: My take... shedevil 04-15-04 5
   RE: My take... JOSHIDOL 04-15-04 27
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Mistral 04-15-04 6
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Mysterious Jedi 04-15-04 8
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Fishercat 04-15-04 10
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst 712 04-15-04 11
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst JOSHIDOL 04-15-04 28
       RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst 712 04-15-04 54
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst managerr 04-15-04 39
       RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst 712 04-15-04 50
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Lisapooh 04-15-04 12
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Schnookie Palookie 04-15-04 30
 My 2¢ Tiger Lily 04-15-04 14
   RE: My 2¢ shedevil 04-15-04 15
   RE: My 2¢ JOSHIDOL 04-15-04 31
   RE: My 2¢ mrc 04-15-04 44
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Ricky 04-15-04 16
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Godd3ss 04-15-04 17
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst EnglProf 04-15-04 53
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst ElroyJetson 04-15-04 18
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst greenmonstah 04-15-04 19
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst smiley 04-15-04 20
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst AugustGirl 04-15-04 21
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst buckeyegirl 04-15-04 22
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Bebo 04-15-04 23
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst callalilly3000 04-15-04 24
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst CantStandToLook 04-15-04 25
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst CantStandToLook 04-15-04 26
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Monicanada 04-15-04 29
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Glow 04-15-04 32
       RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst leogirl_21 04-15-04 37
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Fishercat 04-15-04 56
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Roo 04-15-04 35
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst nailbone 04-15-04 36
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst toddE 04-15-04 38
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst managerr 04-15-04 40
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst SilentObserver 04-15-04 41
       RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst shedevil 04-15-04 45
           RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst SilentObserver 04-15-04 46
               RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst shedevil 04-15-04 47
                   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst SilentObserver 04-15-04 52
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst MTW1961 04-15-04 42
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst JOSHIDOL 04-15-04 60
 My Love List DoodleBug 04-15-04 43
   "No vote for you" greenmonstah 04-15-04 48
       RE: "No vote for you" kelli_blue 04-15-04 49
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst theincrediblehugey 04-15-04 51
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst johnthemod 04-15-04 55
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst grit 04-15-04 57
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst ginger 04-15-04 58
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst miss lady diva 04-15-04 59
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst paradigm69 04-15-04 61
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst BennyBoy 04-15-04 62
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Acawap 04-15-04 63
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst JOSHIDOL 04-15-04 65
       RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst I_AM_HE 04-15-04 67
       RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst BennyBoy 04-15-04 68
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst pityme 04-15-04 64
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst geg6 04-15-04 66
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst coolflowerpowerman 04-15-04 71
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Nuke 04-15-04 69
   RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst shedevil 04-15-04 70
       RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst Nuke 04-16-04 75
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst sweet_november 04-15-04 72
 RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst wg_rebel 04-16-04 73
   I'm so confused, can somebody help ... Kristy1226 04-17-04 77
       RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... rjrabbit 04-17-04 78
           RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... shedevil 04-17-04 79
               RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... rjrabbit 04-17-04 81
                   RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... shedevil 04-17-04 82
                       RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... rjrabbit 04-17-04 83
                           RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... shedevil 04-17-04 84
       RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... Chrissy gal 04-17-04 80
       RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... okaychatt 04-18-04 85
           RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... Kristy1226 04-18-04 86
               RE: I'm so confused, can somebody h... shedevil 04-18-04 87

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-14-04, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
George – first few notes were the best I’ve heard him – but it got progressively worse. Don’t blame it on the song choice, blame it on him just not pulling it off.

Jennifer – beginning was a little breathy, but fantastic! But what was up with those earrings?

JPL - woohoo! Having fun and loving it! The thing I don’t like about this type of song though is that it doesn’t give a chance to show off the voice.

Diana – actually, I think this was maybe her best performance, as she’s been tremendously overrated to date. Caught a little here, because there was just a little less emotion than could have been there, but at the same time it was GOOD to see a little less of the overblown stuff

Fantasia – wow. That is all I have to say about that.

Jasmine – not good. last note was weak. Relatively few pitch problems unlike her usual though

John – last two notes were strong, but the rest was weak and I couldn’t feel him at all. He’s a one trick pony, but he at least does an adequate job with that one trick, so probably enough to keep him off the bottom.

Latoya – blew Diana’s last note of a few weeks ago out of the water, and the rest of the performance was good too, so fortunately its not going to make people forget a bad performance like Diana’s. The vocals weren’t her best – actually perhaps her worst - but still pretty good. Kinda pulled a Jennifer this week – power notes were great, some others a bit off. Still the most deserving to win though, IMO.

1. Fantasia

2. Jennifer

3. JPL
4. Latoya

5. Diana

6. George
7. John
8. Jasmine

Deserves to go – Jasmine or John
Will probably go – Diana

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I must agree with the almighty HE. I did my part and voted for JPL but also through some votes in for Jennifer too.
Although usually not a fan of Fantasia's, she actually moved me tonight. for me, anytime a singer is so genuinly moved by a song the way she was tonight, it does it for me. That's what this kind of song should evoke from a singer and I was absolutely stunned by the emotional value she took from the song.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.

04-15-04, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
yep, Fantasia's was so good I had to throw her a vote or two in addition to my JPL votes

04-15-04, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
braves just wants to say, she hearts HE.

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-15-04, 03:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I'm hoping Fantasia can continue to display the humility shown tonight. She did an excellent job and appeared more humble when the judges spoke. I was actually quite proud of her. I know Quentin wants the crazy Fantasia back but she must keep the humility in order to stay in the game.

04-15-04, 10:42 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I so agree So. If she had displayed that humility since the beginning I would have been a fan from the get go. I too hope she keeps it up because she has a great power if used properly.

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
76. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
>>I know Quentin wants the crazy Fantasia back but she must keep the humility in order to stay in the game. >>

So_Opinionated, have you left the RTW boards to attack Quentin and counsel Fantasia? Please check your PM or just pick up the sig pic you requested here. Hope you like it!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Coffee-fueled Pixel Pusher

tortfeasorette 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-15-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tortfeasorette Click to send private message to tortfeasorette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Jennifer's Earrings"
My husband looked up (because he was surprised that someone could actually do a GOOD cover of a Whitney song) and said, "Wow. You could bake with those earrings!" He's right -- they looked just like the wire whisk from my stand mixer...

SouperStar 156 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-04, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SouperStar Click to send private message to SouperStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-04 AT 11:52 PM (EST)

BEST: LaToya, Fantasia, Jennifer
Very close grouping.

BIG DROP OFF
JPL, George, John
Jasmine & Diana

It's just a game.

wg_rebel 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-16-04, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wg_rebel Click to send private message to wg_rebel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"

Hi Souperstar;
U R absolutely correct..

>LAST EDITED ON 04-14-04
>AT 11:52 PM (EST)

>
>BEST: LaToya, Fantasia, Jennifer
> Very close grouping.
>
>
>
>BIG DROP OFF
>JPL, George, John
>Jasmine & Diana
>
>
>It's just a game.

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-04, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "My take..."
01- George Huff "Against All Odds" - Oooooh I love this song! George looks very nice...a bit off key though! This was definitely the wrong song for him (but I LOVE the song anyway so pfffffffttttt to the judges!) He is truly a class act thanking the judges sincerely even after they dissed him.

02 - Jennifer Hudson "I Have Nothing" - OMH, my girl is AWESOME! She looks beautiful and had such a nice subtle start with the gradual build up to the powerhouse singing! I love my girl! I wanna start dialing right now! Quentin says "Hudson takes on Houston and WINS" and as for his comments....he has definitely been the best celeb judge so far!
GO JENNIFER GO!

03 - JPL "Jailhouse Rock" - he's still having fun and is rocking pretty good. He is SOOOO not as good vocally as most of the others, but he is a nice kid and he definitely makes me feel good after his performances.

04 - Diana DeGarmo "My Heart Will Go On"- she looks very mature...rough start but pretty good despite some weird phrasing. I can't resist to take a twist on Quentin though - 'DeGarmo takes on Dion and LOSES'. Sorry, but she is NO Celine!

05 - Fantasia Barrino "Summertime" - Interesting song choice and I like how she chose to present herself on stage...she looks really glamorous and WOW, what an amazing, sexy rendition of a song my grandparents made me listen to! Randy says "best of any season" and Simon says "magical". I have to agree!

06 - Jasmine Trias "When I Fall In Love" - Nice start...doesn't seem as nervous tonight..eek..bad note...overall good performance. I think Paula summed it up nicely when she said it was "pleasant"

07 - John Stevens "A Kiss Is Still A Kiss" - Nice, but this kid NEEDS to go already! Simon hit the head on the nail for me when he said "no charisma".........but then didya notice during the Herbal Essence thing, he showed more charisma than he has all season?

08 - LaToya London "Somewhere" - I SOOOOO LOVE THIS SONG! West side story is one of my FAVORITE musicals of all time!! She is such a pro! Very beautiful rendition - and she totally made it her own! That last note gave me total chills...she was soooo excellent!

Fantasia had the best performance of the night without a doubt in my opinion. But I still voted for my gal Jennifer during commercials of Bachelor and Extreme Makeover. I didn't keep track, but I bet I voted over a hundred times. Truth be told, I would be happy if Jennifer, LaToya or Fantasia won it all and I would buy any of their cds. These are the top 3 talents and I just hope it turns out that way. Would be a shame if teenyboppers rule over these fine-voiced women!

MM Maybe this world is another planet’s hell

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My take..."
01- George Huff "Against All Odds" - One of my very favorite songs, he killed it. It's dead. He has buried it.

02 - Jennifer Hudson "I Have Nothing" - She is amazing and is by far the best vocalist in the group. Her voice is the only one that has made me feel it and has given me chills.

03 - JPL "Jailhouse Rock" - It didn't show off his vocal skills, but it was good and he had the place rockin'.I love this side of him.

04 - Diana DeGarmo "My Heart Will Go On"- I like her but nobody can sing this song like Celine, nobody should even try.

05 - Fantasia Barrino "Summertime" - She sounded great, looked silly (especially with her arm flapping to show she was flying). "Circle of Life" ala Jenn, still the best of the season for me.

06 - Jasmine Trias "When I Fall In Love" - gag, heave, hurl, spew, vomit.. .*bashes head into wall and prays for mercy*

07 - John Stevens "A Kiss Is Still A Kiss" - *see comments about Jasmine, they apply here too*

08 - LaToya London "Somewhere" - gorgeous, beautiful voice, she's not Jennifer though

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-04, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: My take..."
I agree with you 100%, George did a good job with this song. It may not have been his best but it was good. Why don't the judges tell Fantasia she should be on Broadway like they have told others in the past. Her kneeling on that stage crying was a bit much.
I tried to vote for George but the line was busy all the way up to 10 o'clock. Quentin liked him.
John Stevens has got to go. How those judges could even tell him he was good. Quentin said he was no fan of his. I honestly think this show is fixed in some way. They pick who they want from the very beginning, whether these people are horrible they are going to say they were great. I think when another contestant starts getting votes, thats when they start dissing them. At this point, it looks as though they are goggled over Fantasia. She is an unwed Mother of a 2 yearold, that may be hard to be an American Idol.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Okay, I'll be the dissenter this week. Too many sappy ballads for me when there was soooo many great things we could have heard. I wasn't as thrilled as everyone else seems to be.

The Best:

1. Latoya - I put her ahead of Fantasia this week, maybe because she is my favorite, but her performance just moved me more. But I still think she could sing the phone book and I'd like it. Prejudice, I admit.

2. Fantasia - a good performance from her, and if I were the betting type, I'd pick her to win. I need to change my PTTE! But I didn't think it was any better than many of her other performances. She is consistently good, even if she bugs me. But c'mon, best performance of AI?

3. Jennifer - I'm so glad she's hit her stride. She was my favorite during the preliminaries, and I'm glad she's still around and getting more comfortable as a performer.

The Rest:

4. JPL - normally I can't stand him, but I'm giving him points tonight for being upbeat and not sucking as much as I normally think he does. I thought he pulled it off.

5. John - great choice for him, but predictable. I think he'll be safe this week, and make my life with a 15-year old easier!

Not There:

6. Jasmine - I'm still on the wall about her overall; she does well with the bluesy, soul stuff, but that's about it. She didn't cut it for me tonight. And "Lilo and Stitch" is the worst movie Disney ever made.

7. Diana - Why did she choose that song? Ewwww. She's better doing the bouncy, boppy stuff. And besides, only the Kinsey Sicks can sing this song the way I like it. Those of you who know the Kinsey Sicks know what I mean.

8. George - a sappy song, sappy movie and sappy performance. I take back everything I said about his savvy song choices. I would have paid to see him do "Strawberry Letter 23" and it would have been a nice little tribute to QT.

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-15-04, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
1. Fantasia - Wow! I'm in the group that thinks her voice can get annoying very easily, but that was amazing. Loved it.

2. Jennifer - started a little weak, but saved it and ended up doing really well. I'm starting to like her alot.

3. LaToya - consistently solid. Technically very sound. Knows her limits and how to work around them.

4. Johnny Red - His best yet. Still, very limited in range and totally lacking in personality.

5. Jasmine - Average. Emotionless. The judges are right on in the critiques, it sounds fakey when she sings. There's no connection at all.

6. JPL - I thought he sounded terrible tonight. His voice actually is tolerable when he's singing, but he did very little singing tonight. He was yelling. At least he went back to his goofy dancing act, which is what he does best.

7. George - Wrong song, dude. That didn't sound anything like the George that's been there the last few weeks. He sounded lost.

8. Diana - Eeek! She butchered that song. The first bit actually wasn't bad, but it went downhill badly after that.

Bottom 3: Diana, Jasmine, George/John S.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-15-04, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
My list

1. Fantasia (She really had an amazing performance tonight
2. Jennifer (I only saw it in pieces, but she sounded amazing. Kimberley Locke revisited)
3. John Stevens (I thought he sounded very impressive tonight. Not enough range to win this, but I think this was his song tonight. Superb performance. Watching Conan O'Brien, with guest Q.T. John Stevens looks a LOT like Conan.)
4. LaToya (Maybe I am just expecting so much out of her now, that a great performance just isn't mindblowing anymore)
5. JPL (I loved the performance on the whole, a little weak vocally, but a blast to watch)
6. Diana (Blargh! Annoying really that she picked a predictable Celine song. Purely decent)
7. George (I love George, but he wasn't on tonight)
8. Jasmine (What happened?)

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-15-04, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-04 AT 01:12 AM (EST)

Yeah, can't say I was overly impressed either...

1) Fantasia Barrino - Oh man. When all the rumours were flying around last week that we were going to get a big band-themed night, I knew she'd be the one to beat when it came to that genre. And look, I was right (although, nothing really to compare to, in this case). Judges went way overboard. Jenny Gear's performance of that song on Canadian Idol was better though, I must say. Which, by the way, you can download and view here. Just saying.

2) LaToya London - I'm not liking this ballad rut she seems to be stuck in, but damn.

3) Jennifer Hudson - I thought that was WAY better than that Lion King thing she did last week.

4) George Huff - True, not his best, but his bar was set pretty high, and I think the judges were a bit hard on him. Somebody vote for him for me, wouldya?

Okay, there's that... the other four are basically a crap shoot in my books... this is tough!

5) Jasmine Trias - I really did not enjoy that. Her voice has been grating on me lately... but good job for finally singing a song that nobody on a previous season sang (I think).

6) Diana DeGarmo - Nobody. Wants. To. Hear. That. Song. Again.
Ever.

7) John Peter Lewis - Fun to watch, okay vocally, but I can't put him above Jasmine and Diana, mainly due to his poor mic technique at parts.

8) John Stevens - Zzzzzzzzz...... Yeah, this may be your genre, but so what. Did absolutely nothing for me. And I'm afraid of you.

Bottom Three: Diana, Jasmine, JPL
Out: Diana

04-15-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I agree with you George was not that bad. At least he chose a song that was different then he is use to singing. I tried to vote for him for you but his line was busy for 2 straight hours. I do agree those judges were hard on him, even Miss Paula who finds nice things to say about the Devil. Maybe George was showing too much of a fan base too so to make sure their precious Fantasia gets in they are going to start criticizing him. Quentin T. loved him.

04-15-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Thanks man!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-15-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
but good job for finally singing a song that nobody on a previous season sang (I think).

How can you forget that heartwarming rendition of "When I Fall In Love" that Jim Verraros did in the first season of American Idol? That was the song he signed to his deaf parents remember?

Jasmine did a good job with it, but it's hard for me not hear that song and thing of Jim Verraros's version and laugh.

04-15-04, 12:48 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I obviously should not make comments like that when I only watched the first Idol season when it got down to the final 4.

My bad =)

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
First of all - could that video have been more inappropriate and icky? Let's put a guy in his mid twenties in the shower with two high school girls - and Johnny Red in a towel is so gonna be the NAMBLA (or whatever it's called) poster boy now. That was all kinds of wrong!

1. Fantasia - I"m not a fan at all, but I love that she picked an older song and she performed it so well. I thought sitting on the floor and the arm gestures were a bit forced and contrived, but still - you have to give credit where it is due - and Fantasia is due. She was so much more relatable and likeable tonight.

2. LaToya - this is a close call between first and second. LaToya was great tonight - she picked a song everybody loves and belted it. Raised the hair on my arms! Beautiful, classy, polished. I'm still waiting to see some personality from her - but for now, her voice more than makes up for it.

3. Jennifer - these three girls were so far and above the others tonight. Jennifer had the misfortune of going first which lessened the impact. She is coming into her own. I love to hear this girl sing.

4. George - well, everyone is entitled to a bad night, and this was George's. He was back to looking like an old man and this song did not play to his strengths at all. He started out rough and it did not get better.

5. Diana - if Simon wants more mature performers, they should raise the age limit. I agree, she is a child - but she's a child that stands up to criticism well. There was nothing special about this performance. I wanted to see her tackle a slow song, so I'm glad she tried that. But - could there be a more annoying slow song than this? Uninspired.

6. John Stevens - I would rather watch paint dry than listen to him sing. It was good tonight - for him. But he's nothing more than a novelty act. There's no great career waiting for him. Vocally, he was the best tonight that I've seen him - but how much is that saying really?

7. JPL - What is there to say about him. He jumps around a lot. Still not getting it.

8. Jasmine - her performance didn't strike me as awful when I heard it. The last note made my ears bleed though. And there's nothing original or genuine about her. She's inconsistent. I don't want to see her go yet because she's not the worst in the competition - but she was the worst tonight.

I would not be surprised to see Johnny Red in the bottom three this week. He had a strong performance (at least by his standards) so the hordes of teenyboppers might not feel compelled to vote a bazillion times each. That happened to Carmen last year when her best performance (Turn the Beat Around) still landed her in the bottom three, undeservedly for once.

my predictions for bottom three: Diana, Jasmine, John Stevens.

going home Diana or John Stevens

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"

Agree with everything Pooh said.

One thing I'd like to add is that I couldn't stop giggling while watching JPL bopping around cause he looked like a mini George W Bush.

An IceCat Classic

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-15-04, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "My 2¢"
George: Eh. Not bad, not good. He's definitely capable of better. He looked great, though, and took his criticism very graciously.

Jennifer: I'm falling in love with Jennifer more every week. I thought she was fantastic, even though I am sick to death of hearing Whitney songs on this show.

JPL: Um, it seems like he sings better when he's doing crazy Elvis impersonations. Entertaining? Sure. But I would like to see him actually hit some right notes in his other performances... when he's not hiding behind some silly dance moves.

Diana: Celene Dion, I hate you. Why must you plague us with your horrible music? Oh, wait... Diana's performance... Eh. No expression, butchered several important notes. Agreed with Simon about the age problem.

Fantasia: Freaking awesome. One of my all time favorite songs, and her performance of it was amazing. It made me cry. No, really... stop that snickering, He.

Jasmine: Honestly, I can't even remember her performance. Could she be any more boring?

John: I muted the TV for this song, so I don't know. I was in no mood to have one of my favorite movies ruined for me by that little punk (actually, I'm lying. I did hear it, and he was no better than he has been in previous weeks). And stop that damn snapping! For the love of all things decent, stop it.

Latoya: Amazing, as usual. As it stands right now, considering the collective weeks' performances, she deserves to win, IMO. (And as a side note, isn't she just absolutely gorgeous?)

---------

Bottom 3: Diana, Jasmine and John S (I'll admit, this one is probably just wishful thinking).

Out: Jasmine

---------

Quentin Tarantino: Okay, I adore this man (and his films), in every way possible. Glad to see a guest judge who was enthusiastic, and actually had something to say... rather than just taking up space. Can we replace Paula with him? Pretty please?

<-- is off to watch Pulp Fiction now.

04-15-04, 04:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: My 2¢"
>Latoya: Amazing, as usual.
>As it stands right now,
>considering the collective weeks' performances,
>she deserves to win, IMO.
> (And as a side
>note, isn't she just absolutely
>gorgeous?)
>

I agree with you Latoya is gorgeous and she has an equally gorgeous voice, just like Jennifer. I think Jenn deserves to win but Latoya is right after her in my opinion, those two ladies have the best voices.

04-15-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
31. "RE: My 2¢"
I agree with you about George. Every one deserves a bad night but actually he was not that bad. Yes he did take the judges criticizing him extremely well and gracious. Quentin T. howeer liked George and told him he gets bertter every week. Paula really shocked me with George, she always finds something nice to say about the horrendouse performances of Jasmine, Diana, JPL. "Oh I love your voice". I tried to vote for George but his line stayed busy.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: My 2¢"
Tiger Lily,

It must be that QT invites you into that special place where you can find joy to share with all of us.

*snarf* *puke*

If I have to hear Paula say one more utterly useless, inane comment, I'm going to go "Pulp Fiction" on my TV!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-15-04, 06:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I think the bottom three will be: Diana, Jasmine, John Stevens.

I hope John is going home this week. Diana deserves one more shot.

Quentin did a great job as a celebrity judge. Unlike most celebrity judges, you can really tell that he watches the show and follows the contestants from week to week.

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-15-04, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Godd3ss Click to send private message to Godd3ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Just a few comments:

1) John Stevens NEEDS to go. I know people said that this week was his best or whatever, but I still didnt think it was good. It is so dry and bland and I just want to punch him in his face. Was it Simon that picked him as the WildCard. He should now be punched, because I am sure there was a better person for it. I am just so sick of him.

2) I am not a Fantasia fan. She gets on my nerves and her yeah yeah yeah stuff that pops up everywhere is grating, however, she has a good voice, there is no denying that (good by meaning the notes she can hit and so on, the Macy Gray sound to it is what annoys me). That said, I had to give her major kudos because singing sitting down, especially how she was, is NOT easy. To sound as good as she did, not doing the boring standing up in front of a microphone was pretty damned incredible.

3) Lilo & Stitch is an awesome movie How can you go bad with an alien that dresses as Elvis!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-15-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Was it Simon that picked John S. as the WildCard.

I'm almost positive John Stevens was put through based on America's votes during his round. You may be confusing him with Clay, who DID have to go through as a Wild Card pick (though that was America's Wild Pick).

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-15-04, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
1. LaToya - Smooth and polished!
2. George - Love his voice
3. Fantasia - Liking her more now that she's more humble
4. Jennifer - Good but not tops tonight
5. JPL - Made most of the genre
6. Jasmine - Blah
7. Johnny Red - Made most of the genre
8. Diana - Not a good song on her

Bottom 3: Hudson, Jasmine, Diana

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Celestial:
Fantasia. She was wonderful. The girl has true, pure talent. She embodied that song.

Great:
LaToya. But, great zeus! what I boring song.
Jennifier: D.D.W. (Definite Diva in Waiting)

Cute and Amusing:
JPL. I am convinced he would make a great lead singer of a band.
Staying power as the Next AI? D.U.W. Drunk Unlce at a Wedding- as a guest you find this bizare yet amusing...for the 1st song anyway.

Worst Job Snapping
John Stevens. He has no beat, swagger or groove. Simon is right, he needs a couple of years to gain some confidence.

Holy Cringe:
George. There was nothing good about this performance. That was painful.

And the rest...
weak links to go soon.

QT
How cute is he? He was having so much fun and is obviously a huge fan. I adore him...

<--- when mad, will now use Quentin's "glass comment" on people

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Overall I must say I liked last nights show. Quentin was hilarious and was not afraid to say what was on his mind.

1. LaToya - this is a close call between first and second. Overall her best performance since the top 12 began. Of course I liked her "All by myself" the best.

2. A very very close second Fantasia - I'm a big Fantasia fan. I love her spunk and her voice is amazing each week.

3. Jennifer - her song choice was perfect for her and she sang great.

4. George - overall the worst performance by George so far. I don't think that will hurt him though. He has alot of fans.

5. Diana - she was awful tonight. I couldn't wait for her song to finish. This competition is obviously too difficult for someone of her age. She will only improve as she gets older.

6. John Stevens - Can this guy leave alredy?

7. JPL - Hated the song. Hate him. Simon was right on..in a real audition he would last 2 seconds.

8. Jasmine - I give her A for effort but when she is up against Fantasia, Latoya and Jennifer she pales in comparison.

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I loved Quentin. Best guest judge ever!

George - George's worst night is still better than John Steven's best night.

Diana - Was it me, or did she sound out of tune and flat? I totally expected the judges to blast her but they were actually tame. I give Quentin props for telling her he "didn't feel it. there was a glass wall between them". Amen Quentin!

JPL - This is going to cause a ruckus, but he sucks. I hated his performance last night. He can't dance. It's not charming. It's painful. But I'd prefer him one more week than having to suffer through Red again.

Jennifer - Awesome!

LaToya - Awesome!

Fantasia - Wow! And she didn't do the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah at the end. Yeah!

John Stevens - Simon is right. He has no charisma. Please let him be the one to go tonight. Please.

Jasmine - Better performance this week but that last note was sad. I can handle seeing her for a few more weeks if it means Jon and John go first.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-04 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-15-04 AT 08:30 AM (EST)

The Best

Jennifer Hudson-I cringed when I learned it was going be a Whitney song, but she pulled it off wonderfully.
LaToya- All I can say is: Wow!
JPL-You can't help but lvoe his personality

So-So

Fantasia-She gave a good performance, but manages to annoy me more and more every week
John Stevens-as Simon said, he has no charsima...

The Awful

Diana-I know you're recovering from having no voice, but why did you choose that Titantic song?
George- I *Heart* George, but this was his worst week yet.
Jasmine-I think she's gone this week...she's just not up to par with the singers who are left.

Edited cause I went a little underline crazy and to say that I am not a Quentin fan, but he was the best guest judge ever!

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Poor Mr. B - I made him watch with me this week. It's torture to put a voice teacher through this some weeks, but the contestants were fairly merciful to him this time. I'll include his comments too.

The best by far:

Latoya - As soon as she started singing, Mr. B commented about her being his favorite. She didn't disappoint either of us, and she delivers the whole package - a classy look, strong song choices, and polished singing. Mr. B wished she would have burned that last note a little earlier, since it's so hard to hold a straight tone.

Fantasia - I had started to move into the anti-Fantasia camp, but she pulled me back in this week with an amazing performance. As has already been pointed out, singing while sitting is no easy feat. And even though some of her moves were over the top, the singing was so good that I was willing to overlook that.

Jennifer - She has improved so much! I wasn't seeing the distracting lip moves during this week's strong performance. She has completely blossomed, and her last two song choices have been wonderful for her. (Yeah, I'm tired of Whitney songs too, but I can tolerate them when sung well.)

Nowhere near the ladies:

JPL - I did not want to rate him this high, but I can't help it. Like the ladies, he has a clear sense of the identity he wants to project onstage, and he creates a fun atmosphere for the audience. But then again, so does Willy Hung. Vocally, JPL is nowhere near the three ladies who completely outclassed him tonight. Mr. B is not a fan at all, disliking both his "clumping arond the stage" and his tendency to talk out the words rather than sing.

George - Oh, I still am a big George fan, but this was his weakest performance by far. Mr. B was pleased that he took a chance to be ballady, and he also disagreed with Randy's comments that George was sharp at times. Still, George's strength is radiating his love of singing while he's onstage, and he didn't do that last night. That made his performance ordinary.

John Stevens - Mr. B prefers listening to John without looking at the screen, and he wishes the kid would grow a personality. That being said, it was a perfect song choice for him, he sang it all right, and he looked more comfortable up there this week than he has to date in the finals. Granted, that's not saying much.

One of you must go:

Diana - I hate hate hate that song, and you are no Celine Dion. Then again, that last phrase could also be a compliment. The comment about a wall between Diana and the audience was dead on. She doesn't move me the way some of the other competitors do.

Jasmine - Ouch. Took a song I loved (yes, even though Celine sang it) and butchered it. Mr. B has a hand gesture that he does when singers go flat, and he and I were doing it in unison for most of her performance. She missed notes all over the place.

Mr. B's comment about both of them was that they still sing in their "little girl voices". Both of them lack a maturity to their sound and need the training to use their voices fully. My beef with both of them is that they don't project a strong identity when they're onstage. I don't feel like there's a way to define a "Diana performance" or a "Jasmine performance". The others in this competition (even JPL and John Stevens) have managed to create that sense of identity.

And Quentin Tarantino is soooooo cool!

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
The best:

1. Fantasia- she was great! What I really loved about her last night, was she changed her voice a little, it was so soft and lovely. She showed pure emotion, her performance touched me.

2. Laytoya- she is so beautiful, she always sounds great to me.

3. Jennifer- I love the way she can sing so low and then bring it back up in a single breath. Great vocal range.

4. John S.- I know, I know (no comments please) I liked him last night, and the week before. He won't win this competition, but I think he will make something of himself someday.

5. JPL- he had fun last night, and for the first time, I enjoyed his singing.

6. Jasmine- she is so adorable, I really wanted her to do well, but she just hasn't impressed me lately.

7. Diana- she should not have picked that song, period.

8. George- in all fairness, I missed his performance.

So, I predict the bottom two at least will be Jasmine and Diana.

Diana will leave tonight.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
This was an interesting week. I wasn't thrilled with all the performances but there was only one or two that I truly hated.

Whoever sang that carp from Titanic...awful..I hate the song and they didn't sing it well enough to change my mind. Also JPL..I'm sorry, I thought JailHouse rock would be his thing ..but it just wasn't.

Everyone else was decent..but I'm seriously getting on a plane and putting my foot in Fantasia A$$ if she doesn't stop injecting f**king yeah yeah yeahs into every f**king song. Some song dont need that sh*t.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
blatantly causing cross-threading confusion since..eh..today

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Psst Angel...how are things going in MD. Check your wavvy flag.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
misses his partner in crime

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
George Huff "Against All Odds" - Song got better as it went along, but it didn't blow me away.

Jennifer Hudson "I Have Nothing" - She sounded great. Her exaggerated facial expressions still annoy me though.

JPL "Jailhouse Rock" - One of his better performances, but he's not winning me over anymore.

Diana DeGarmo "My Heart Will Go On"- I cringed when I heard her song choice, and cringed even more when she sang it. Yuck!

Fantasia Barrino "Summertime" - Wow! Amazing song choice, and she sounded fantastic!

Jasmine Trias "When I Fall In Love" - Ummmm...next!

John Stevens "A Kiss Is Still A Kiss" - OK. Wish he would try something different.

LaToya London "Somewhere" - beautiful, but Fantasia was hands down the best of the night.

Best: Fantasia
Worst & leaving: Diana

Created by the amazing J Slice!
Go Habs Go! Please!?! <\*desperation*>

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I agree with Monicanada. Totally. Well, okay, except for the JPL thing. He was never winning me over. I agree with Simon's "real audition" - 2 seconds comment.

*waves* to her sweet Canadian SV

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
This is the first week so far that I wasn't really disappointed by the performances.

1)Fantasia - I am not even her fan, I never liked her before but that performance was amazing.
2)Latoya - Loved it as usual...
3)JPL - I am a sucker for this guy. Something about him...he's not the best vocal performer but a good overall entertainer.
4)Jennifer - Pretty good.
5)John Stevens - probably one of his better performances.
6)George - Not one of his better performances.
7)Jasmine - Oh Man, she keeps going up and down every week.
8)Diana - She gets worse every week I think. She started out this competition so great.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
>John Stevens "A Kiss Is Still
>A Kiss"
- OK. Wish
>he would try something different.

Eh...remember what happened last time he tried something different (Elton John week), could have been one of the worst Final 12 AI performances I have ever seen. Reconsider, please.

Oh, and Go Bruins!

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Best

Fantasia - The best of the evening. I haven't been a huge Fantasia fan (just not fond of her voice--it's a bit grating for me), but WOW, what an exceptional performance.

LaToya - A classy performance. She has a beautiful voice, and she knows how to work it.

Jennifer - I cringed when they announced she was doing Whitney, but she did an amazing job! I've always been impressed with her vocals, and it's great to see her coming into her own.

Mediocre

George - . George is the man, but his performance just didn't do it for me last night. I love his voice, and while I enjoyed his singing, he just didn't have the "it" factor last night.

John - I'm not a big John fan, but he did a nice job with the song.

Jasmine - Pretty voice, but she's inconsistent and sometimes weak. And what was up with the outfit? She sang a sweet ballad, but she was wearing something in which she might go shopping at the mall.

Ugh!

Jon - OK, I want Jon to do well. He's quirky and geeky, and I like the underdog. But, man, he's just out of his league.

Diana - She has gotten worse over the weeks. She didn't seem as confident, and her voice was weak. Very unemotional.

Bottom 3 picks

Diana, John, and Jasmine. I think Diana will go tonight.

Roo

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
George – eh, not good, but not awful. Everyone has an off night, and this was his.

Jennifer – she gets better every week

JPL - this is how JPL oughta do it every week. He did forget a couple of words, but a wink and a shrug and he covered it well. It's not like he forgot a whole verse or anything.

Diana – eh.

Fantasia – OK, that was just fantastic. I got chills hearing it, and I get chills now thinking about it. And Lord knows, I've not been a big Fantasia fan, but this moves her into the Final Four for me.

Jasmine – eh

Johnny Red – eh. This song was made for him, but he's not made for this competition.

LaToya – excellent as usual. Simon was right about her very early on. She shouldn't be in this competition because she doesn't need it. She should be in the studio recording.

Final Four: George, LaToya, Fantasia, Jennifer

The rest will go. In whatever order it doesn't matter.

Top three this week: Fantasia, Jennifer, LaToya

Bottom three for this week: Diana, Jasmine, Johhny Red

Voters' bottom three: Diana, Jasmine, Jennifer

Gone: Diana

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-15-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Best: Fantasia, by far. LaToya was also very good.
Worst: JPL, again, by far. I can't believe some people like him, he is just awful. Diana wasn't good, but she didn't reek like JPL.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-15-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
1. Latoya -- Last note won me over.
2. Fantasia -- Good, but let's not get carried away with over-praise judges. I loved how she was moved by the song though.
3. Jasmine -- Technically excellent, but kinda bleah. Also a nice held last note at the end.
4. JPL -- Yeah he shouted the song and started dancing crazy again. But it was a fun *performance*. (I didn't say singing) That's important to me, even if not to Simon.
5. Jennifer -- I liked it better than I thought I would.
6. Diana -- I am giving her a bonus for song selection. She tried something new--and it kinda sorta worked.
7. George -- Poor George. Wednesday voting is going to be weird, I hope he doesn't get an untimely boot.
8. Jon Stevens -- Didn't assault my ears, but put me to sleep. Zzzzzzzz.

SilentObserver 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilentObserver Click to send private message to SilentObserver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
1. Fantasia Rocks !
2. LaToya
3. Jennifer
4. Jasmine
5. George
6. Diana
7. JPL
8. John Stevens

Also, if Simon will make an issue of their ages then why don't they just raise the minimum to 19 or 20, that way they are more mature....

04-15-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
>Also, if Simon will make an
>issue of their ages then
>why don't they just raise
>the minimum to 19 or
>20, that way they are
>more mature....

I may be wrong but I believe that the point he was trying to make is that the younger ones are trying to act too grown up and should act their age. For instance John Stevens acts like a 40 year old.

04-15-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilentObserver Click to send private message to SilentObserver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Oh okay...I guess I just didn't get it...

Thanks !

04-15-04, 12:28 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
>Oh okay...I guess I just didn't
>get it...
>
>Thanks !

No problem, Simon can be confusing at times can't he? (but I love the man anyway)

04-15-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Yeah ! He can be...but just like you I do love they guy !

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I'm always one of the last ones in the pool

BEST:
Fantasia and LaToya were both phenomenal. I think they are pulling away from the rest. It seems pretty obvious. Jennifer was really good.

OKAY:
John Stevens was actually pretty good tonight, and I can't stand him! Diana was just okay. Not her most inspiring performance, and I agree that it was foolish to try and pull off that song. She's my personal favorite, but may be going tonight.

WORST:
Jasmine hit some really bad notes. Not good. JPL is just flat out a terrible singer. He does not belong with the others. George's performance was the worst of the night. He was flat-out awful. This is why he didn't originally make the top 32. It was his first bad top 12 performance, so he should get a pass from the public.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you given your TiVo a nice, firm handshake today?

04-15-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
There is no way that George was the worst toight. Please, John Stevens and Diana and Jasmine. Give me a break!!! He actually was not that bad if you listened.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "My Love List"
Received my vote:

1. Fantasia - I loved this performance. I gave her a standing ovation in my living room. Wow. Incredible.

2. Jennifer - Another standing ovation. I got chills up and down my spine listening to her. She's in the zone right now.

3. LaToya - She rounds out the top 3. Brilliant performance. Love that song and she did it wonderfully.

4. JPL - I gotta put him above George this week. He was in HIS zone and loving it. I'm with Simon though... so what. He's not idol material.

5. George - I love ya, man. That's why you're 5 on my list. You are so humble and appreciative of the judges comments. Pick a better song next time. Get back into YOUR zone.

No vote for you:

6. John Stevens - I enjoyed this because he did it well. Such a nice song too. He'll stick around another week.

7. Jasmine - I thought she did ok, but so what. I agree with Simon again.

8. Diana - oh girl. Why did you pick this song????? I think you might be going home.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. ""No vote for you""
I like the Soup Nazi take, Doodlebug...

{font size=0]It always makes me laugh

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: "No vote for you""
Best: Jennifer and LaToya
Worst: John

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-04 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

I listened to all of the performances on MP3 last night, so my impressions are based more on the audio than on the video qualities.

1. Fantasia. Twenty-four hours ago, I would have told you that Fantasia was the most talented contestant that I cared the least about. "Summertime" changed my mind completely. She didn't just start small and quickly bust out into powernotes through to the end like so many others are doing. Her interpretation had peaks and valleys and still greater peaks and then a beautiful resolution. It is great art when the singer can take you on a journey that leaves you in a better place than you started. It was pure emotion in song.

2. I am unabashedly a JPL fan. I love it that he went back to his "geek rock" mode. I disagree with those who say it wasn't much, vocally. He chose a vocal style appropriate to the song, and the inflections and nuances in his voice really sell it to the audience. He muffed a few words, but hey, Elvis did that in live performances, too, so he was keepin' it real.

3. Jennifer. On the low notes, she is a fog horn. On the high notes, better look out, cause' a freight train's comin' through! I mean this in the nicest way. It's a very melodious fog horn/train. I mean, the girl has a BIG voice. I loved the whole performance, but my favorite part was at the very end. Those notes were sweet! She left me wanting to hear more of them.

4. LaToya. I love the song, but after hearing the raw emotion in Fantasia's voice, LaToya sounded perfunctory in comparison.

5. John. Voice sounds great on the MP3. This isn't straight singinging. He's really perfected his vocal inflections for that style. My only complaint was the tempo. That song really requires the singer to linger through some of the phrases, slow it up a bit, then speed up a little, then slow again. He just kept singing along at the same pace throughout. Are they singing along with a tape?

6. George. Not his night. Makes me kind of wonder if he can't sing outside of his box. I like him in the box. I would be happy if he won this competition, but not based on this performance.

7. Diana. Valient effort. A nice change from the usual hootin' and hollerin' and not a single Come On! Nevertheless, she's doomed.

8. Jasmine. Started off nice, but the second half was just plain out of tune. I think she and Diana are both affected by laryngitis. You can't get over laryngitis in one week, especially if you continue to use your voice every day. The judges should have been much more harsh on Jasmine than Diana, in my opinion. This was clearly the most flawed performance.

Best: Fantasia, JPL, Jennifer
Worst: George, Diana, Jasmine
Going: Diana

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-15-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnthemod Click to send private message to johnthemod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Really a pretty great week, and Quentin was an awesome guest judge. I'm gonna go back and make a few comments on past weeks since I haven't been doing this, sorry for the length. (the ratings are for this week)

1. Fantasia (6,5,3,3) - I agree with Randy, definitely the best performance ever on AI. Summertime was our class song in voice last semester, and though I've heard about 100 renditions just in class, hers blew them all out of the water. AMAZING.

2. Latoya (1,2,1,2) - still pulling for her to win right now, but it's close between her and Fantasia. great performance, but not really a very exciting song (i'm not a huge fan of the music from West Side Story in general)

3. JPL (3,6,5,5) - his performance was hilarious and really fun (Elvis works for this guy). and he's sooo cute.

4. Jennifer (9,8,6,1) - sounded great, I still think she looks a little funny when she sings, love that song, but not incredibly original choice (Trenyce last year anyone?)

5. John S. (10,7,10,6) - I really want this guy gone, but of course he was going to sing "As Time Goes By" and sing it well...duh.

6. George (2,3,2,4) - not a great week for him, horrible song choice, but I'm still pulling for him to be in the top 4 overall

7. Jasmine (4,9,7,7) - she's boring, same every week, needs to go soon

8. Diana (5,4,8,8) - needs to go NOW. this girl scares me, I could totally picture her being a demented killer doll in a movie, chasing after me in the dark with an axe...creepy...also her singing has gotten lame and Titanic? C'mon Diana, c'mon (she did have the best movie choice though with Bowfinger)

RIP
Camile Velasco (11,10,9,9)
Amy Adams (8,1,4)
Matt Rogers (7,11)
Leah Labelle (12)

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-15-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
1. Jennifer. I'm surprised a lot of people aren't ranking Jennifer higher. Maybe the impact of her performance was lost because she performed early. I thought her performance was amazing - I got chills and even cried. My daughter thought I was looney.

2. Fantasia. Stunning performance, but I wasn't moved to tears the way she was. No yeah, yeah, yeahs at the end but they were in the middle of the song in two different spots. I was happy that she sang "summertime" and not "shummertime".

3. LaToya. Great job, but she still sounds like a wedding singer to me. Very automatic, very little emotion. But she's got a great range, lots of power, and she always sings in tune.

4. George. Actually, based on last night's performance, he doesn't deserve to be this high on my list. He picked the wrong song. It just didn't suit him. But he remains high on my list because of past performances.

5 & 6. JPL and John. It kills me to rank these two ahead of Jasmine but they both did better than she did last night. JPL's not a bad singer and he has a lot of energy, but he can't dance (and really should stop trying) and he doesn't always sing in tune. At least he stopped singing through his nose. John Stevens sang in tune last night and it was a good song for him, he has zero personality and I don't see myself buying an album of his music.

7. Jasmine. I like her voice but it's starting to get weak and pitchy. The top 3 on my list keep getting better but Jasmine seems to be getting worse instead of improving.

8. Diana. Another shout-fest from Diana. I like her voice, but she's been shouting these last 3 weeks and it's taking its toll. She's having more trouble staying on-key because of it. I think she deserves to stay ahead of John Stevens, but will probably go before him.

Best: Jennifer, Fantasia, LaToya
Worst: Diana, Jasmine
Going: Diana

Thanks to greenmonstah for the sig pic!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Best: Fantasia. Then Jennifer.

Can't muster enthusiasm for any of the other performers.

The worst continues to be Guys Who Aren't George. Unfortunately, that does not mean either will depart tonight.

Paula, once again, appeared to be heavily tranquilized.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

miss lady diva 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-15-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miss%20lady%20diva Click to send private message to miss%20lady%20diva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
This week was great. My list.....

1. Jennifer - SHe sang one of my all time fave songs. She's been my favorite since day one and still is.

2. Fantasia - She rocked the !!@#$ house!

3. LaToya - proved that she has a big voice, too.

Somebody should've told Diana not to sing that song. She didn't sing it well and by singing a song that soooo many people are sick of hearing proves her youth. Not much thought went into that song selection.

mld

paradigm69 6 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail paradigm69 Click to send private message to paradigm69 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Ok, first off, this was probably the best overall episode of AI this season.

Best:

Fantasia - I'm not even a fan of yours, but man, that was at totally awesome performance. You go girl.

Jennifer - Yup, you're proving why I've liked you since the very beginning.

QT - didn't know what to expect from him, but his comments, his enthusiasm, and his honesty were unexpectedly delightful

Simon - Love You. You're comment about Fantasia never using her lips better had me on the floor. THE FLOOR !!!!!!

OK:

Latoya - she still has the wedding singer feel to her, she's obviously a wonderful singer, and a seemingly wonderfully confident and collected woman, but...

John S - you said this was your show. You did ok, but I worry if that's the best you can do.

JPL - actually one of his better performances in the past 3 eps.

Bad:

Diana and Jasmine - ouch. The ship is sinking for these two. They're young, pretty, and they both sing well. But they're going very, very soon. They're young, they'll get over it.

George - not really a fan of his, but I actually felt sorry for him last night - he can do alot better than that. Great song, a really lacklustre rendition of it.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Hmm this is something different for me, but LaToya was the best tonight. Yes LaToya NOT Fantasia, although she was ok. Just because you are moved by a song doesn't mean you sang it that well.

IMO JPL has had even worse performances than John S. and should go this week, but that won't happen.

George was the worst I ever heard him, can't stand his raspy voice

Diana-oh Diana I really like you, but you needed to shine this week and you didn't, I fear an early exit from you tonight

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Worst as always was JPL. Seriously, how can anybody stand him?? his voice is so weak, it's scary. OK, maybe he's funny, maybe he'd be entertaining in the right context, but he's no american idol. I see him as at best one of those singing stand up comics.

Best I hate to say was Fantasia. I really don't like her, but that song was awesome. Was the first time I could actually sit and listen to her. Her and Jennifer both have incredible voices, but go too over the top on everything they do and have annoying personalities to ever get my vote.

I'm afraid for Diana -- I love her, but haven't seen her nail a performance since the first week. Don't know what's wrong, but I think it's weak they didn't mention she had laryngitis last week until after the voting.

and pllllllllleasee somebody explain how John Stevens never ends up even in the bottom three?? Who could POSSIBLY vote for him to be the best in the competition????? He can have only so many family members.

Ok I'm through bashing -- GO George and Diana!

04-15-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
What do you cll Fntasia's voice if you think George's is Raspy, lets say twangy with those buck teeth. I wonder if she can get an extreme makeover.
What American Idol sings from Porgy and Bess. Come on... At least George tried a song that at least most people in the 20th century are familiar with. Not sure if too many people under the age of 25 knew the summertime song.
The guy was not that bad, I think his fan base was building and that scared the judges because they are looking to crown a black woman this year. The guy was not that bad, ask Quentin Tarantino?? Also, Luther Vandross was on the news last time saying how Good he thinks George is.

04-15-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
okay, we get it, you like George

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
I wasn't necessarily using his raspy voice in a derogatory way, I was just saying that his "raspy" voice wasn't as good tonight as usual. I also think Fantasia's voice is raspy and very different. Just expressing oppinion

pityme 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-15-04, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pityme Click to send private message to pityme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
BEST: FANTASIA
GOOD: LATOYA - Like some of the posters mentioned, latoya's performance was very mechanical and i wonder why none of the judges mentioned that. She is still a good singer though.
GOOD: JASMINE- Am I the only one who thinks so?
BAD: THE REST

I wonder what the judges are thinking. JENNIFER was not good at all. She was pitchy and very mechanical and had several bad flat notes. I thought only randy mentioned it. I liked Bleah Labelle's interpretation a lot better because she sang it with a lot of passion and tried to be different form Whitney.

JOHN S. was very bad. he had flatnotes all over the place. Were the judges hard of hearing?

GEORGE was not bad at all because he sang the whole song in tune. But definitely his big voice did not show up last night.
His whole rendition was eaten up by the background music.

DIANA is simply bad,bad,bad.

JPL too was bad but he was fun.

BOTTOM 3: DIANA,GEORGE, JENNIFER ( I don't think John S and JPL will be in the bottom 3 although they deserve it)

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Quentin Tarrantino ROCKS!!!!!

Can we please replace Randy and/or Paula with him? He watches, he listens, he tells the truth.

1) Fantasia - hated her guts every week and I'm still not sold on her but...this performance was awesome. She chose the perfect song, she didn't slur her Ss, and she was really feeling the emotions of the song. This song is about the African American experience and she nailed it.

2) Latoya - week after week, she is the technical best of this bunch. I'd just like to see that she's really working it on just one song. That last note should should serve as a tutorial to the rest.

3) Jennifer - another whom I am not a fan of, but she was pretty good. Liked it better than that stupid Lion King song from last week. Still belongs in a Broadway theater or singing with a Baptist choir, but is controlling the weird faces and over the top hand gestures.

4) JPL - just too cute for words and I think he'd be great fronting a rock and roll band.

5) John S. - I was hoping he'd pick this song. Perfect for him and he did a good job, but he can't possibly last.

6) George - my personal favorite was so off last night! Hate that song and it was the worst possible choice for him. Eh, he's entitled to it for being so consistently and surprisingly good to this point. He gets a pass.

7) Diana - can this song be banned from all airwaves forever? Okay rendition, but Simon's right. She's never experienced any of these feelings so why does she keep trying to sing about them?

8) Jasmine - horrible ending. Up to that point it was one of her better performances...only a few off notes and weird phrasings. But that ending!!!!! And I would add the same criticism that I had of Diana: if you've never felt it, don't try to sing about it.

Bottom 3: Diana, Jasmine, John S.
Boot: Jasmine

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-15-04, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
1. LaToya London- Best personality, best singer.
2. Fantasia Barrino- Great singer, less likeable than LaToya
3. Diana Hudson- Good singer, great personality
4. Jennifer Hudson- Good singer, bleagh personality
5. George Huff- Best man left, but still bleagh
6. Jasmine Trias- Should be gone by now.
7. John Peter Lewis- Should be gone by now.
8. John Stevens Should have been gone right after Bleah LaBelle(MUST BE BOOTED!!!)

Nuke 9 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nuke Click to send private message to Nuke Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Worst - Quentin Tarantino. Did anyone else find him annoying?

Anyways...Jasmine is my future girlfriend, so it's unfair to rank her with the peons that are the other finalists. She will always be my number 1...even if she's probably being voted out this week or next. So...the rest:

2. Latoya

3. Fantasia

4. Jennifer

5. George

6. John Stevens

7. Diana

8. JPL

04-15-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
>Worst - Quentin Tarantino. Did anyone
>else find him annoying?
>
>Anyways...Jasmine is my future girlfriend, so
>it's unfair to rank her
>with the peons that are
>the other finalists. She will
>always be my number 1...even
>if she's probably being voted
>out this week or next.

I thought Quentin was awesome and that Jasmine was boring. Just my opinion.

Nuke 9 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 04:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nuke Click to send private message to Nuke Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
>I thought Quentin was awesome and
>that Jasmine was boring. Just
>my opinion.

Well, to me, Quentin was cheezy, hyper (as in, on drugs), annoyingly effeminate, and took the job way too seriously.

Re: Jasmine. I know most don't like her; my comments about her were more tongue-in-cheek, cuz I have a schoolboy crush.

sweet_november 8 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet_november Click to send private message to sweet_november Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"
Week Five - Best and Worst

Best
(1) LaToya - She is my favorite. She has a consistent performance every week and is the best vocalist in the competition. I want her to win sooo bad, but I think she has some fierce competition from Fantasia.

Good
(2) Fantasia - She is the best entertainer in the group. And her attitude seems to have improved this week.

(3) Jennifer - I believe that she has shown the most growth.

(4) George - His performance was okay. Even though I like the song, I think he should have chosen something else to sing.

(5) Jon Peter - He may not be the best male vocalist, but I liked this performance because it was entertaining.

(6) Jasmine - It was tolerable. There is not much I can say.

(7) Diana - I want to like her more but I am unable to connect with her. I wished she wasn't so easily forgettable.

Worst
(8) John S. - I can't understand why he hasn't been voted off. He is absolutely boring.

wg_rebel 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wg_rebel Click to send private message to wg_rebel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Week 5 - Best and Worst"

Hi Guys,
Rankings as follows:

1 - Fantasia (8.8) Very Good; her best performance.

2 - LaToya (8.75) Very Good; her steady performance.

3 - Jennifer (8.6) Very Good; her best performance by far.

These three were the best by far, this week..

4 - Jasmine (8.1) Good

5 - George (7.9) Fair

6 - Diana (7.85) Fair

7 - John Stevens (7.6) Fair; Not as good as I thought he would do in this genre.
8 - John Peter (7.5) Fair; Don't how he has lasted.

Kristy1226 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kristy1226 Click to send private message to Kristy1226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
I totally love Fantasia, and have loved her since day 1.

I am so confused, what exactly about her do people not like? I think she knows exactly when to take life seriously and when to losen up and relax.

At least she has personality, unlike LaToya. LaToya has the voice, but that is it. I believe Fantasia has the voice and the personality!

Please help me understand.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-17-04, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
Fantasia is wonderful!!

I think some people have misinterpreted her comments to the judges. Some people don't like contestants talking back to the judges. I watched her carefully when she was talking to Simon. She wasn't being mean or disrespectful but some people might have missed her smiling and saying she still loves Simon.

It just seems to me that a lot of people like the contestants to be humble and will bash anyone who isn't humble.

It's tough because you have to have confidence in yourself to make it in show business. I think the key to winning over some people is to walk that fine line between confident and cocky.

04-17-04, 09:17 PM (EST)
79. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-04 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

My reasons for not liking Fantasia:
1. Her voice
2. Her attitude
3. Her style
4.everything about her
I just don't like her.
I also understood what she said just fine and still stick by my opinion that she was rude, concieted, and childish when speaking to Simon. I don't think she was joking at all and let's say she was, I don't feel it was funny. I saw her smiling and heard what she said, in my eyes it looked like she did it out of nervousness after realizing she crossed the line.

04-17-04, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
81. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
You just listed all the reasons I don't like Jennifer.

I agree with Chrissy gal. You hit the nail on the head girl!!

04-17-04, 10:32 PM (EST)
82. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
>You just listed all the reasons
>I don't like Jennifer.
>
>I agree with Chrissy gal. You
>hit the nail on the
>head girl!!
>

I think you're talking about my post, if you are all I can say is, I'm glad I made it easier on you by listing your reasons.
I don't think she has an attitude at all but hey, you have the right to think so.

04-17-04, 10:38 PM (EST)
83. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
I was talking about your post.

I think I've seen just as many posts from people who think Jennifer has an attitude problem as I have from people who think Fantasia does. To each his/her own opinion.

04-17-04, 10:56 PM (EST)
84. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
>I was talking about your post.
>
>
>I think I've seen just as
>many posts from people who
>think Jennifer has an attitude
>problem as I have from
>people who think Fantasia does.
> To each his/her own
>opinion.

Okay just checking, I thought you were. I haven't seen nearly as many for Jennifer as I've seen for Fantasia, but I'm not saying that you haven't.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-17-04, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
80. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
I think it is all very simple - If each one of us names a singer we really like, there will be at least one poster who really dislikes that same singer.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-18-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
85. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
Fantasia has talent and a strong drive that will put her in the top two with La Toya. I can respect those traits.

However, her voice is too nasal for me and sets me on edge. I have to turn the sound off for fear of climbing the walls.

Kristy1226 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kristy1226 Click to send private message to Kristy1226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
86. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
Thank you to everyone for clarifying some things for me. I have to admit, I disagree with some of it, but that is okay. This is what I don't understand: I distinctly remember both Kelly and Clay, even Justin, and a few others openly disagreeing with Simon. I remember these clips being played over and over again.

Also, why is it not okay for Fantasia to apparently cross the line a few times (even though I don't think she has), but it is okay for Simon to cross the line week after week, often belittling fellow human beings? I am a studio dancer, and have been given criticism since I was young. I have come to realize that you have to take it with a grain of salt, or you will drive yourself crazy, as I did until I was in college. I think you have to hear what they are saying, reflect over that, and either apply or not apply it to your art. At the end of the day, you have to be happy with your peformance, which I believe Fantasia to be.

Once again, LaToya is just boring. Fantasia is exciting.

But that is my opinion.

04-18-04, 06:50 PM (EST)
87. "RE: I'm so confused, can somebody help me out?"
>Thank you to everyone for clarifying
>some things for me.
>I have to admit, I
>disagree with some of it,
>but that is okay.
>This is what I don't
>understand: I distinctly remember both
>Kelly and Clay, even Justin,
>and a few others openly
>disagreeing with Simon. I
>remember these clips being played
>over and over again.

*I wouldn't know I didn't see that happen, I doubt they were as rude as she was though.*

>
>Also, why is it not okay
>for Fantasia to apparently cross
>the line a few times
>(even though I don't think
>she has), but it is
>okay for Simon to cross
>the line week after week,
>often belittling fellow human beings?

*It is Simon's job to give her comments negative or positive, it is her job to sing, not give comments back.As he has said before, and others have said before, she better get used to it, because she will hear that from any others that have to judge her talent in the music industry.*

> I am a studio
>dancer, and have been given
>criticism since I was young.
> I have come to
>realize that you have to
>take it with a grain
>of salt, or you will
>drive yourself crazy, as I
>did until I was in
>college. I think you
>have to hear what they
>are saying, reflect over that,
>and either apply or not
>apply it to your art.
> At the end of
>the day, you have to
>be happy with your peformance,
>which I believe Fantasia to
>be.
>
>Once again, LaToya is just boring.
> Fantasia is exciting.
>
>But that is my opinion.
>
>

*I believe she is happy with everything she does on that show, I do not believe that she accepts what the judges say if it is negative, I think it makes her mad and she sees herself as vocally flawless at all times (which she isn't). Just my take on it.*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •