The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-13-11, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-11 AT 10:59 PM (EST)

From CBS:

TENSIONS ARE HIGH AND ONE CASTAWAY REVEALS A POTENTIALLY GAME-CHANGING SECRET, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 19

CHEAT TWEET: Feeling betrayed, a castaway reveals an important secret 2 his tribe. Good decision or bad? #Survivor Oct.19 @ 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/nk0GG4

"Free Agent" – Feeling betrayed by their tribe, one castaway reveals a potentially game-changing secret, and appalled by the lack of loyalty within his tribe, another castaway threatens to leave the game. Meanwhile, on Redemption Island, Christine battles Elyse to try and win her fourth duel in a row and stay alive in the game, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Oct. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

----

We know from the preview that Ozzy is the free agent.

Feeling betrayed, a castaway reveals an important secret to his tribe = Does Ozzy tell everyone on this tribe that he has the HII as an offensive move? If he mentions that Keith knew all along, that would tick off Jim and others. Or could this clue be about Elysee and she spills some beans at RI? (the use of "their" doesn't help with gender)

Re 2nd part of clue: Ozzy wouldn't threaten to leave the game, would he? Although Cochran does say he's being a cry baby in the promo. Who are other potential people that would fit this clue? They use "he" so if we can rely on the promo monkeys it must be a male. They've been typically doing 1 clue about each tribe. Coach is big on loyalty but can't imagine him threatening to quit either....maybe Brandon if it's someone on that tribe?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... Brownroach 10-13-11 1
   On second thought... Brownroach 10-13-11 2
 RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... kingfish 10-13-11 3
   RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... dabo 10-13-11 4
       Flurry of activity OllieKat 10-13-11 5
   RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... Brownroach 10-13-11 7
       RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... SquidProQuo 10-13-11 10
 RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... kiki_k 10-13-11 6
 RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... Flowerpower 10-13-11 8
 RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... michel 10-13-11 9
   RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... Brownroach 10-14-11 12
       RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... michel 10-14-11 15
           RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... Brownroach 10-14-11 16
               RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... michel 10-14-11 17
                   RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... Brownroach 10-16-11 31
                       RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... Outfrontgirl 10-16-11 32
 RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... SquidProQuo 10-13-11 11
 RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... Outfrontgirl 10-14-11 13
 RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... tribephyl 10-14-11 14
   RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... Krautboy 10-14-11 18
       RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... tribephyl 10-14-11 19
           RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... kiki_k 10-15-11 20
               RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... michel 10-15-11 21
                   RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... kiki_k 10-15-11 22
                       RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... michel 10-15-11 24
                           RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and ... kiki_k 10-15-11 26
 WHAT IF??? Flowerpower 10-15-11 23
   RE: WHAT IF??? Krautboy 10-15-11 25
   RE: WHAT IF??? Outfrontgirl 10-15-11 27
       a couple more thoughts Outfrontgirl 10-15-11 28
           RE: a couple more thoughts Flowerpower 10-16-11 29
               RE: a couple more thoughts Outfrontgirl 10-16-11 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-11, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-11 AT 08:00 PM (EST)

Changed my mind about part of this post; see response post below.

ETA: Aside from the fact that they say "his" tribe, I don't think this could be Elyse anyway, because why would the tweet ask if it's a good or bad idea -- what effect would the decision have on her?

Feeling betrayed, a castaway reveals an important secret 2 his tribe. Good decision or bad?

10-13-11, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "On second thought..."
Threatening to leave the game sounds like more like a LilHantz ploy. So maybe that clue is about him, and the other one is about Ozzy, revealing his idol to all of Savaii.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-11, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-11 AT 06:25 PM (EST)

Free agent = Ozzy. Next week it could be someone else, but this week it's surely Ozzy.

The betrayed = Ozzy or Elyse. Probably Ozzy because Elyse has a very limited window of opportunity to reveal anything to her tribe. And she's a she.

The other castaway = ? (Brandon? - he's unstable. Cochran? Does he learn that if one of the five allied Savaii have to go, that it will be him after a poor challenge performance? Benjamin - he's also unstable).

The secret has to concern an HII, there really aren't any other secrets to reveal. The alliances have been revealed, the tribe leaders have been revealed.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-11, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Elyse would have more questions than things to reveal, and it is time for Keith and ?? to be spectators (everyone else has already been.

OllieKat 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-13-11, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OllieKat Click to send private message to OllieKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Flurry of activity"
Last week we got the clue about last night's blindside setting off a "flurry of activity" during next week's ep correct? I'm guessing that goes with "one castaway reveals a potentially game-changing secret" I'm just not sure how.

10-13-11, 07:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-11 AT 08:02 PM (EST)

I think Brandon fits best for the second castaway. Say he sees Albert or Sophie talking to Mikayla again and is shocked! SHOCKED! at their lack of loyalty. He reports back to Coach, who has had it up to here with LilHantz. LilHantz just can't go on playing the game under these circumstances and threatens to quit.

As far as Ozzy is aware only Keith knows he has the hii. I could see him now revealing it to the others with the tactic that the hii could save them all post-merge.

There's no mention of a surprising or exciting TC so I'm wondering if Upolu loses and Edna gets the boot. I'm sensing relative dullness this week from what we have so far.

10-13-11, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
I'm sensing relative dullness this week from what we have so far.

Me too...can't wait for merge

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-13-11, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Ozzy = betrayed (by Elyse blindside & those dumb@ss votes by Keith & Whitney are just as much of a betrayal) & reveals secret of his HII (what else can the secret be? All alliances have been revealed at this point). I suppose the tack is: "if you vote me out, I'm taking my HII with me so it will be of no help for us as a tribe at merge & I'll come back from RI with it to help myself only."

Brandon has got to be the one who threatens to quit -- maybe Upolu loses IC & his alliance doesn't want to boot Mikayla yet? That would be enough for him to see them as being "disloyal."

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-11, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Ozzy feels betrayed and reveals to the tribe that he has the HII, is it a good decision, or a bad one....clearly, bad.

Brandon is appalled and threatens to leave the game...good/evil, good/evil, stay/go, stay/go...cry/not cry, cry/not cry...Brandon is high drama, and while last week skipped a week and he was omitted from the clues, heeeeeeeee's back!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-11, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
There should be no question that the person that threatens to quit is Brandon. It was set-up in his emotional opening confessional of episode #5

"I don’t care what people think about me, it doesn’t matter. I’m a good guy. If I can’t win the game like that then I don’t need to win.”

There should be no question either that it is misdirection and that Mikayla is voted out in order to appease Brandon.

10-14-11, 00:10 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Really? Brandon has not gotten his way about this yet, and I think Coach is adamant about *not* wanting to appear to cave in to Brandon, particularly since he keeps reminding Coach of RussHell. So I wouldn't be surprised if Edna loses out here.

10-14-11, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
The alternative I see is Coach himself getting the boot if he opposes Brandon. There was that "Coach would be smart to eliminate Albert" that made me think Albert would be smart to eliminate Coach.

10-14-11, 05:54 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
The alternative I see is Coach himself getting the boot if he opposes Brandon

*Opposes* Brandon? Brandon does not have any power -- no one listens to him! And Brandon has not shown any inclination toward booting Coach. The only two people who have were already dispatched to RI.

Coach is totally safe for a good long time, methinks.

10-14-11, 07:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
I think you are reading this wrong. Brandon is all for loyalty and threatens to quit if he doesn't see it. Now, if Benji targets Edna or anyone else besides Mikayla that would be more reason for Brandon to quit. But I am sure he doesn't quit ergo Edna or the members of the core alliance don't leave. Mikayla is the only option left.

Now, if Benji makes a big stink about keeping Mikayla then Brandon may not need any power. The whole alliance could turn on Benji. Totally safe? Nope. He seems due for the last boot before the merge or one soon after it.

10-16-11, 10:18 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Well the recent promo suggests it is Coach who has the loyalty issues. So he may hypothetically threaten to quit without really meaning it. I don't think I'm reading it wrong that Coach is going nowhere for quite awhile.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-11, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Ah, haven't seen a new promo yet.

That is what I have been arguing for, that it's Coach who has loyalty issues and threatens to quit. The teaser never says that a player considers quitting or struggles with quitting.

To me, "threatens" means issues an ultimatum as part of playing the game.

10-13-11, 11:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Looks like we have the CBS clues pretty well wrapped up, but just wanted to post this teaser from Jeff's EW Q&A:

EW: Oh, the Ozzy fallout looks good next week. Tease us up as to what else we can expect.
JP: That’s not enough? Ozzy fallout is big. His social game is getting worse.

Jeff also has some semi-interesting commentary on how Coach started out being ostracized and Ozzy was welcomed with open arms, but things have turned because Coach has learned from the past vs. Ozzy's social game hasn't improved.

10-14-11, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Taking a stab at it ...

Ozzy feels betrayed by his tribe. We know he is the Free Agent. Normally the title will be followed by the teaser that pertains to the title, so teaser one relates to Free Agent, Ozzy The only important secret he has in his possession of the idol, so he lets everyone know.

After all, Keith betrayed him and Keith already knew about the HII, so Ozzy knows he has lost the element of surprise with the HII. If all 5 go against him, they can easily split the votes and neutralize the HII, but perhaps he can offer a perceived faction the power of the HII.

The other clue is a "he."
Who is all about loyalty? Benjamin. Loyalty is everything has been his motto this season.

Can you not hear Coach saying "The lack of loyalty within this tribe APPALLS me" or perhaps, "I'm appalled by the lack of LOYALTY in this tribe."

Would poverty-stricken Brandon who is trying to redeem his family and get them a million threaten to quit the game over LOYALTY? Even when he was called the spawn of Russell he only wept.

Not Albert, not Rick the multi-season applicant brought to us by Sears. That leaves Benjamin or Brandon.

Coach is afraid of becoming the target at merge. He probably makes some kind of ultimatum in order to get them to swear fealty to their liege lord.

Brandon or Coach, one of the two.

Getting a strong Ozzy demise vibe.
They took a lot of time to show that scene of Ozzy fishing. It seemed like an homage to the old Ozzy of Cook Islands, one last look.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-11, 04:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
without reading first. I know, big no no, but...

I had to just condense all of these together.
They are split between tribes. Starting with RI...

...On Redemption Island, Christine battles Elyse to try and win her fourth duel in a row and stay alive in the game

Sounds like a more Christine centered question. Therefore, yes. She does stay alive.

Upolu: Tensions are high and appalled by the lack of loyalty within his tribe, another castaway threatens to leave the game.
Brandon. Brandon brandon brandon. You think this season is about you? Well, so far it is. You gonna quit now? People don't wanna play right? Even though you're winning and you're sitting pretty in an alliance of 5 and even though...
...whatever. It's meant to distract us from this...

Savaii: Feeling betrayed by their tribe, one castaway reveals a potentially important game-changing secret to his tribe.
Good decision or bad?

Ozzy. Ozzy ozzy ozzy. He reveals not only that he has the idol, thereby making the playing field even between everyone of his backstabbing tribemates, but that he is a "free-agent".
You can believe that both Whitney and Keith are plying to remain in his good graces.
You can also know that of everyone he'll have the biggest sting of regret from trusting Jim.
While Cochran and Dawn may feel a certain desire to salvage their salvager, save their savior, Jim is ripe for a revolt.
He has run every vote so far. Semhar and Elyse both, to weaken Ozzy. The fact that Ozzy hasn't targeted him yet just shows how unaware he is. But methinks, with an idol under his belt, he'll just open the whole discussion up.
As in, "I'm voting for my biggest competitor. That person happens to be Jim. Vote with me or don't, I don't care. I'm playing my idol anyways. Save your votes, or don't. Again, I don't care."
So, Ozzy is safe. And everyone who votes for Jim is safe. Does this sway everyone on his tribe? Possibly.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-14-11, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
>Brandon. Brandon brandon brandon. You think
>this season is about you?
>Well, so far it is.
>You gonna quit now? People
>don't wanna play right? Even
>though you're winning and you're
>sitting pretty in an alliance
>of 5 and even though...
>
.whatever. It's meant to distract us
>from this...

>Savaii: Feeling betrayed by their tribe,
>one castaway reveals a potentially
>important game-changing secret to his
>tribe.
>Good decision or bad?

I think Brandon is the distraction from the more logical Edna boot...

http//community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3d8bb96763d39870.gif
Krautboy

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-11, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
tis true, if the boot is from Upolu.
While Coach's comment does seem portentious or foreboding of a visit to TC, I am still not completely sold on a Savaii RC/IC win.

10-15-11, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
I'm not 100% on Savaii winning IC but the promo making it look like Savaii can't possibly win it would be typical Survivor misdirection. Plus, as someone pointed out, in the "Lone Wolf" promo, Benjamin saying he needs them to listen "in the heat of battle" doesn't sound like something he'd be saying if Upolu had won. So, I'm 99% sold that Savaii wins IC.

10-15-11, 02:05 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
All that for 1%!

10-15-11, 04:23 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
No, all that for 99%. It would be 1% if I wrote after "all that" that I was only 1% sold on Savaii winning the IC.

10-15-11, 01:16 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-11 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

Sorry kiki_k, I was having a little fun with the way you started the post saying that you were not 100% sure it was savaii winning IC but ended saying you were 99% sure. It's that 1% difference that gave me a chuckle.

10-15-11, 02:01 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep. 6 Title - "Free Agent" and Clues"
Yes, I know. I was having some fun back (or trying to). LOL

10-15-11, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "WHAT IF???"
Something we haven't considered and we NEED to consider...

Here are the clues as written:

TENSIONS ARE HIGH AND ONE CASTAWAY REVEALS A POTENTIALLY GAME-CHANGING SECRET, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 19

CHEAT TWEET: Feeling betrayed, a castaway reveals an important secret 2 his tribe. Good decision or bad? #Survivor Oct.19 @ 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/nk0GG4

"Free Agent" – Feeling betrayed by their tribe, one castaway reveals a potentially game-changing secret, and appalled by the lack of loyalty within his tribe, another castaway threatens to leave the game. Meanwhile, on Redemption Island, Christine battles Elyse to try and win her fourth duel in a row and stay alive in the game, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Oct. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

We do know that the title of the show is "Free Agent", and we know that Ozzy is the free agent. After that are the clues. We have ALL assumed that the one betrayed is Ozzy, but it could indeed be Coach....we see him complaining that he can't coach them as they don't listen to him in the heat of battle....Coach could be feeling betrayed. What if he is the one that reveals to his tribe that HE has the idol...would that be enough to save Edna and boot Mikayla? Would it be enough for Coach to get what HE wants?

If Coach is the one that feels betrayed, then Ozzy could be the one that feels there is a lack of loyalty in his tribe, and he could be the one to threaten to leave the game. I just don't see Coach threatening to leave the game, where Ozzy is acting like a whiney baby who's going free agent...Cochran notes, the more he cries, the better for him.

Frankly, I just think that either clue could be about either tribe. I think it would be wise of us to consider this...fwiw.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-15-11, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: WHAT IF???"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-11 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

That makes a lot of sense...Ozzy, the free agent, would definately be appalled by the lack of loyalty from Jim, Keith and Whitney. Of everyone, he is the most likely to threaten to leave and go to Redemption Island. Ozzy has been featured as the "Lone Wolf"...what better place to be a lone wolf, than on Redemption Island. Ozzy is now playing for himself...

At the same time, if Upolu goes to TC and Coach feels betrayed, he would probably feel compelled to let the rest of the tribe know he has the idol, in order to be sure the vote is not directed at him.

I think this scenario would yield the same result for this week, with Upolu going to TC and Edna going home. Next week however, we may see Ozzy act on his threat, perhaps deciding to throw the challenge and go willingly to Redemtion Island where he feels confident he can win and return at the merge to look for a new alliance with members of Upolu.

Krautboy

10-15-11, 10:01 PM (EST)
27. "RE: WHAT IF???"
FloPo -- I do agree that the clues this week could be flipped around, and we had one episode last season where they really hoodwinked us when the teasers were for the opposite tribes than what many (including me) thought.

I am inclined not to for these reasons:

CLUE #1: "Free Agent" – Feeling betrayed by their tribe, one castaway reveals a potentially game-changing secret.

1) The title of the episode typically is connected and used as a lead-in to the first teaser. We know that Ozzy is the free agent, the promo says so, and the logic of writing would lead to the first teaser being about Ozzy's situation.

2) betrayed: The last two episodes have been about the story line of betrayal at Savai'i, so more than likely this is a carry over from TC and will lead the episode, whether or not it is the boot story. There are typically two misdirection plots to an episode. The first is pre-challenge when we see what each tribe is thinking in terms of strategy, and the misdirection is to make us think a tribe is going to TC when it isn't. The second misdirection is of course the pre-TC scramble.

Clue #1 is likely first half misdirection and set up for Episode 7.

3) The secret is obviously the HII: either Ozzy or Coach could reveal it, true. So let's look at their respective situations:

Coach has chosen to work the onion alliance strategy of a 3 within the 5, a 5 which appears to two to be a 6). Coach has now bonded his inner onion with secret knowledge of the HII. He has used the HII to make his inner circle feel invincible.

This is the opposite of Ozzy who sees it as one man's tool and shares the knowledge with one, without telling Keith that "we" have the idol. So Keith went running scared, because it is Ozzy's HII. Very different from Sophie's confessional showing she feels good about the idol.

Ozzy's lone wolf strategy is probably, fear me, I have the HII, same as what Yul used to win Cook Islands -- except Yul was post merge and not down by much in numbers, whereas Ozzy is at risk of the whole bunch turning on him and splitting the vote to make his HII ineffective. Ozzy needs a voting bloc to side with him or he is done.

Ozzy has already told someone about the idol who has crossed him on the vote, so he must know that his secret is not secure. So he may as well know for sure that everyone knows, as they might anyway by the time TC rolls around.

There is no purpose in Coach revealing the HII to everyone, as then he loses the hold on Sophie and Albert, and Sophie and Albert don't seem inclined to give away secrets. We saw that Albert likes info close to the vest at the duel, and he only included Coach and Sophie after he failed at finding the idol.

Conclusion: Ozzy will feel like the holder of his secret has betrayed him and he is playing emotionally (FEELS betrayed), so he is the one who reveals the secret.

CLUE #2:
appalled by the lack of loyalty within his tribe, another castaway threatens to leave the game.

1) Wording:
The word "loyalty" is Coach's word. So is "appalled." While I couldn't find you a clip of Coach saying "appalled" -- I am sure I have heard him use the word. Coach is dramatic that way. Ozzy the surfer would be "bummed." Coach the conductor is likely "appalled." The teaser writer likely pulled the verbiage out of a quote.

In Stacey's interviews, she ranted about Coach and his preaching about "loyalty" to them.

2) In which alliance is loyalty even a concept?

While Ozzy may feel betrayed as to trust, his alliance was not based on a belief in loyalty. It was more based on believing that the strong and adaptive on his tribe had bonded and agreed that challenge strength combined with "kool kid" status would determine who made merge.

There was no idealism involved about his alliance, and we saw that he did not trust his tribe enough to reveal the idol to more than one, and barely that. We never saw him agree to the 3+2, that was Keith and Jim. We saw him trust Keith and also Elyse, his two pairs.

Yes, Ozzy was betrayed (first clue), but he expected to be a target -- only he hoped the providing and challenge strength would give him a pass for a while. He never expected a loyal take it all the way alliance, whereas Coach formed what he hopes will be exactly that in Ep 1, and so far it has not faltered.

Coach has a larger alliance, so the phrase "within his tribe" in the second teaser makes more sense for Upolu. Coach has worked to form a bond of five in which all feel equal, and both the outsiders probably feel included. Edna thanks to Coach's reassurance, and Mikayla by being tight with Sophie and Albert (per Stacey).

While Ozzy is indeed sulking and declaring that he will play the game for himself, we get no hint that he is packing in the game. Coach is capable of making a threat to leave if his principle of loyalty is betrayed; he is twice the drama queen Ozzy will ever be.

Coach's disgruntlement has been hidden in the promos; we only see a hint and it's in a calm confessional. The boot story is being hidden. The challenge caps are misdirected to show Savai'i in horrible trouble at what could appear to be the finish to a casual viewer.

Note that after Coach talks about the heat of battle, clip is shown of Brandon and Rick with the empty wheelbarrow as if they are screwing up. However, we know they get the Upolu coconuts in first. We are not shown much of what happens later when the challenge switches to Coach, Albert, Mikayla, but we see Albert in fast action, whereas we see Mikayla apparently interacting with a coaching Coach.

Upolu is leading as they go into second half of challenge, and only three people could lose it -- Coach, Albert, Mikayla.
I doubt it is Albert, and Coach would never blame Coach ...

My guess is that he wants Mikayla out because she doesn't listen to him (or he feels that way, which is the same thing in Coach's world). Because of his Coach identity, this flips him out. What good is her athleticism if she doesn't run his plays?

Conclusion of my spec so far:
Ozzy decides he cannot trust anyone and declares himself a loner, but doesn't threaten to quit.

Coach gets hung up on the "conceptual" level of "loyalty" and principles and blah blah blah and pushes to get Mikayla out -- that is he finds a rationale to keep Edna in his pocket even though she is not a challenge asset in any way and no one else likes her because she yaps all the time, kisses butt, and has a laugh that rivals Rachel of BB on the scale of annoying.

The teaser saying as it does that the loyalty-challenged player "threatens" to quit may tell us that Coach is not getting his way. The boot is likely trending towards Edna when they arrive at TC, but somehow Coach gets placated and gets his way?

Mikayla gets a marginal thumbs up from Stacey ("she hates everyone who outlasted her") Powell. Edna gets scathing criticism. While I doubt they would be best buds in any universe, Stacey seems like one to focus her anger on those who stepped on her to get to the merge. (She does like Rick though.)

Stacey's major hate objects are Coach, Albert, Sophie, Edna, so they probably all make the merge. I think if Edna were next to go she would not be so vehement about what a waste of space she is and how dumb it was to save Edna and boot Stacey the strong. Pre-merge is pre-merge, one spot before or after does not mean much.

I think there is only going to be one more boot, in Ep 7, and it will be from Savai'i and resolve that story line -- and the returnee will most likely be from Savai'i and is that final boot before the merge. That would account for everyone on Savai'i having a pretty decent development.

10-15-11, 11:06 PM (EST)
28. "a couple more thoughts"
1) We had the storyline where Brandon came to Coach with his Stacey-induced paranoia over Sophie, Albert, Mikayla. Stacey confirms in her interviews that she thought these three were THE alliance, so she didn't make it up.

That scene was odd because it went nowhere. Upolu stuck to its agreed-upon order. What the scene did accomplish is we saw the idea was planted in Coach's brain, even though he scoffed at it.

However, this time, Stacey and Albert probably want to keep Mikayla.
Coach wants to keep Edna.
Clash among the allies. Coach has already been warned that these three could form a rogue alliance on him. This could be what leads to Coach feeling there is not enough loyalty in his tribe -- if he defines loyalty as deferring to Coach's plan, and why wouldn't he?

Of course none of this comes to a head unless Upolu goes to TC.

2) The teasers say nothing to hint at an idol getting played this week. They refer to the secret of who has the HII but not to the HII getting played. So it probably doesn't. If Savai'i went to TC, the big question would be "will Ozzy play his HII and how doe we strategize around the possibility" and we have no hint of any such idol dilemma. So most likely it doesn't come into play this week.

10-16-11, 08:22 AM (EST)
29. "RE: a couple more thoughts"
All powerful and logical assessments, OFG. You are most likely right on. As I read the clues, it appeared to me that they could really both be applied to either Coach or Ozzy, so I just wanted to point that out.

Interesting, I will have to note if the title really does apply to the first clue or not, going forward.

In the end, even if the clues were mixed up, I think either way, they lead us to the same conclusions. Thanks for all you do around here, OFG. You are really the master at noting the common threads around here, and I am so happy that you are one of us at Blows.

10-16-11, 09:28 PM (EST)
30. "RE: a couple more thoughts"
Gosh, you are WAY too kind, but thank you and BACK AT YA!

I think that is very true that whichever way the clues go this week, they do lead us to similar ideas. This is probably the most interchangeable that the clues have been to date.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •