The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vidcaps Episode 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-13-11, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vidcaps Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-11 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

Vidcaps of E6 and a place to analyze and discuss them. Work the problem people!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Brownroach 10-13-11 1
   RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 jbug 10-13-11 3
 RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Blind Freddy 10-13-11 2
   RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 dabo 10-13-11 4
       RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Blind Freddy 10-13-11 7
           RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 dabo 10-13-11 9
               RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Brownroach 10-13-11 10
               RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 kingfish 10-13-11 11
       RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Brownroach 10-13-11 8
   RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 jbug 10-13-11 5
   RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Brownroach 10-13-11 6
       RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Flowerpower 10-13-11 16
   RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 parathor 10-13-11 12
       RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Brownroach 10-13-11 13
       RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 SquidProQuo 10-13-11 17
           RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 dabo 10-14-11 25
               RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Blind Freddy 10-14-11 27
                   RE: Vidcaps Episode 6 Brownroach 10-14-11 28
   Challenge tribephyl 10-13-11 14
       RE: Challenge Blind Freddy 10-13-11 15
       RE: Challenge SquidProQuo 10-13-11 18
           RE: Challenge tribephyl 10-14-11 19
       RE: Challenge Corvis 10-14-11 20
           RE: Challenge emydi 10-14-11 23
       RE: Challenge KObrien_fan 10-14-11 21
           RE: Challenge Brownroach 10-14-11 22
           RE: Challenge emydi 10-14-11 24
           RE: Challenge byoffer 10-14-11 26
           RE: Challenge Krautboy 10-14-11 29
               RE: Challenge SquidProQuo 10-14-11 35
           RE: Challenge tribephyl 10-14-11 31
 E6 Web promo - 'Lone Wolf' Blind Freddy 10-14-11 30
   RE: E6 Web promo - 'Lone Wolf' Brownroach 10-14-11 32
   RE: E6 Web promo - 'Lone Wolf' Corvis 10-14-11 33
   RE: E6 Web promo - 'Lone Wolf' Flowerpower 10-14-11 34
 Challenge Preview tribephyl 10-18-11 36
   RE: Challenge Preview PepeLePew13 10-18-11 37
       RE: Challenge Preview Outfrontgirl 10-18-11 38
       RE: Challenge Preview KObrien_fan 10-18-11 39
           RE: Challenge Preview tribephyl 10-18-11 41
   RE: Challenge Preview jbug 10-18-11 40
       RE: Challenge Preview Flowerpower 10-18-11 42
           RE: Challenge Preview jbug 10-18-11 43
               RE: Challenge Preview dabo 10-18-11 44
                   RE: Challenge Preview kingfish 10-18-11 45
                       RE: Challenge Preview dabo 10-18-11 47
               RE: Challenge Preview tribephyl 10-18-11 46
 Press Images tribephyl 10-19-11 48
   RE: Press Images Brownroach 10-19-11 49
       RE: Press Images KObrien_fan 10-19-11 50
           RE: Press Images Brownroach 10-19-11 52
   RE: Press Images Outfrontgirl 10-19-11 51
       RE: Press Images tribephyl 10-19-11 53
           RE: Press Images Outfrontgirl 10-19-11 54
               RE: Press Images tribephyl 10-19-11 55

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-11, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-11 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

Edna must be sitting out the challenge, she's standing next to, but not on, the mat.

ETA: Just remembered, BF -- we sort of instituted a policy of not putting vidcaps in the opening post since it makes it hard to locate the index once the thread gets going. Would you mind deleting the content and putting it in a response to your original post? Tx.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-11, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
Thank you BR

Thank you BF

10-13-11, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-11 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

E6 Preview promo caps....

CBS preview promo:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2152349792/survivor-south-pacific-next-time-on-episode-6

Preview promo vidcaps, thanks to Survivor Fever (Mayan)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s23_ep6_10_12.html

-------------------------
Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Coach (camera confessional): Brandon looks like Russell. I'm having flashbacks. It scares the hell out of me.
Ozzy (talking to Savaii tribe at camp after TC): I'm playing for myself and you guys can play it for yourselves. I'm now what you call a free agent.

Cochran (camera confessional): I hope he continues to be a cry baby because it's great for me.

Jim (at Immunity Challenge): Come on, Cochran! Everything! Flip!

Jeff Probst (calling Immunity Challenge): Savaii can't even get their coconuts in the trough!
-------------------------

ETA...sorry about the header posting of vidcaps messing things up. Is it ok now?....or do I still need to fix something? Still trying to learn the ways of the Force here

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-11, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-11 AT 12:51 PM (EST)

No prob. Savaii having trouble in the challenge could be a giveaway, but it is only a little bit of what looks like a long challenge with teams of three taking turns. Savaii could be ahead but Ozzy, Dawn and Cochran are just struggling a bit with their coconuts here. Probst comment seems like an early in the challenge comment.

Where is the Upolu wheelbarrow?

10-13-11, 01:15 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
Re: "Where is the Upolu wheelbarrow?"

In pieces?....note the errant Upolu wheel(by Coach's feet)

Did they break it?...or have to disassemble it for some off screen /yet to be seen task?

10-13-11, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
That must be it, they had to tear it down, maybe just convert it into a travois or something, it's gone ahead. Curious, it just occured to me, no one on that red mat. This must be a very complicated multi-stage challenge.

10-13-11, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
I think Ozzy, Cochran and Dawn will be going to the red mat once they dump the coconuts.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-11, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
If they have to disassemble the wheelbarrow, then Savaii is way behind. For them to even be in it at this point then the most they would have to do is remove the front wheel and carry the bigger piece downfield. Even then things look pretty bad for them.

What I can't figure is what are the runners doing? they aren't carrying either coconuts or barrow pieces in either direction.

I guess the other three Savaii are waiting downfield for the coconuts to be dumped, and maybe for the wheelbarrow to be taken apart and relocated, then they will start running back and forth for some unknown reason, like we see the Upulo's doing.

BTW, and FWIW, the II is clearly there.

10-13-11, 01:22 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
The challenge field is weirdly laid out. What are those stations you can see behind Whitney, Keith and Jim?

I'm guessing Brandon, Rick and Sophie did the wheelbarrow leg for Upolu and then went back to their mat. When Savaii gets their coconuts in the trough, Ozzy, Cochran and Dawn will go to the Savaii mat while Whitney, Keith and Jim will proceed to do whatever it is that Mikayla, Albert and Coach are doing.

10-13-11, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
perfecto BF.

Now, anyone know how this challenge works/
is this a repeat?
What do they do to get the coconuts in the wheelbarrow?
and what do they have to do with them after dumping them?

10-13-11, 01:11 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
This is perfect, BF.

Until recently we were putting the caps in the opening post, but it made it difficult to scroll through the thread as more posts were added. I think it was tribephyl who came up with this solution.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-11, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-11 AT 06:31 AM (EST)

Nevermind!

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-13-11, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
Is it me, or is Cochran (and Dawn?) actively NOT helping? Like, throwing this challenge? Because Cochran, at least, looks amazingly useless.

10-13-11, 04:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
Whitney Jim and Keith are standing directly in front of the trough:

^^^Whitney

So the runners (Mikayla, Albert, Coach for Upolu) must have to accomplish something at those stations in the background.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-13-11, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
Parathor, I was wondering the same thing. At the very least, they seem to be a poor choice as a threesome to do the wheelbarrow work....evidently they didn't think that Dawn and Cochran could do the other sections!

10-14-11, 12:37 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
They are at the final part of their stage in the challenge, Cochran and (maybe) Dawn running out of steam, it is up to challenge king Ozzy to push them through. Then Keith, Jim and Whitney have to burn rubber to try to catch and pass Upolu. It may come down to a difficult final stage.

10-14-11, 01:06 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
<snark alert>
And never underestimate SEG's propensity for inserting 'catch up' mechanisms into a chal to maximize the illusion of competitiveness. I'm sure we haven't seen our last knot untying session...and puzzle planks...where have all the puzzle planks gone?

After all you can't spell CBS w/o all its native components: CBS = See+BS

Maybe the tribes have to handpaint each puzzle piece using toenail polish or something. Savaii might be re-thinking their Elyse boot in the event of such a bump in their chal road.</snark alert>

10-14-11, 01:15 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Vidcaps Episode 6"
As KOfan pointed out, they may have to use the coconuts in the final stage. Either throw/shoot them at targets, or maybe get all of them moved into some other kind of space. That could allow a team that's behind to catch up pretty quickly.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-11, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Challenge"
Three members assemble Wheelbarrow...once assembled wheel down to position wheelbarrow under coconut trough. Dump coconuts into wheelbarrow.
Drive wheelbarrow wheel through little break in trough-area border...

Attempt to up-end wheelbarrow and dump Coconuts into receiving pit.

Once dumped, either disassemble wheelbarrow and switch players OR switch players and then disassemble wheelbarrow.

It is clearly evident that as far as the wheelbarrow/cocnut portion of the challenge is concerned, Upolo is waaay ahead.
The wheelbarrow assemblers have finished unloading their coconuts and are awaiting the results on the tribal mat.
Coach, Albert and Mikayla are already doing what Whitney, Jim and Keith are waiting to do.

Now, notice a couple of things...

Behind Whitney, Jim and Keith are a bunch of masks on sticks. In both tribal colors. From this angle I've counted 6 on Savaii and 5 on Upolo but I can assume that a sixth (at least) is hidden behind Jim.

Also note that at their feet can be glimpsed something that may resemble a puzzleboard.

While during this shot it looks like none of the Upolo masks have been altered/moved/changed/broken, there is still the 6th mask hidden behind Jim's large stature.

My thought is the masks will have to be placed in the puzzleboard, one at a time, by the other three participating members.
Sound sound?

10-13-11, 07:17 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-11 AT 07:18 PM (EST)

Good spec Tribephyl, on the 'puzzle masks' and 'puzzle board'. I couldn't figure out what that was they(Keith/Jim/Sophie) are standing on. But makes a lot of sense and looks like good spec to me.

One question I still have is what is the suspended tribal colored box in the chal apparatus used for that is seen behind/before the wheelbarrel dump stage? (seen on the right side of this vidcap)

I would think that a puzzle stage would be the last....but that other chal apparatus bothers me. I guess it could be before the wheelbarrow stage, altho no errant coconuts are seen on the ground....idunno.

Edit to add...nice Fx graphics Tribephyl btw

10-13-11, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Challenge"
Thanks Tribe!

At first glance I was thinking that they must throw the coconuts and try to knock down the masks, but I like your puzzle idea better, esp. with the different bases. Also, it doesn't appear that Albert is carrying a coconut while running to the next section. (Although it does seems weird that the coconuts don't serve another purpose once dumped.)

BF, I was wondering the same thing about the blue contraption behind them. Could that be where the coconuts are originally stored and have to be transported from? (Although certainly it's a short distance.) Another option is that it kinda looks like a springboard of some kind....need to think more on this one.

10-14-11, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Challenge"
Yes that apparatus is the coconut trough. The coconuts start there. The tribes assemble their wheelbarrows and roll them to the coconut trough, dump them in then roll the wheel barrow out...to the coconut drop point.

My thought is building the wheel barrow and perhaps unknotting the coconut trough will be skills for the first 3. The 2nd 3 will disassemble the wheel barrow and then use the masks to do a puzzle.

How they flow into each other, I can't quite see yet either.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-14-11, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Challenge"
I am always so impressed when people can take vidcaps of a challenge and figure out how they go together. Nice work, tribe!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-11, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Challenge"
ditto!

Tribey is my hero

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-11, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Challenge"
Very good spec here with little to work with. I had made a few pictures with arrows pointing here and there but then had to go to a meeting and couldn't finish them.

This one:

You can see it isn't a typical wheelbarrow, the legs are not attached to the bucket, they are tipping the bucket up instead of tipping the legs up, so it is easier to put together and take apart.

You can also see a slot in the top of the wheelbarrow.

I think that once it is taken apart they use the legs for one thing and the base for another, or the legs that form the point by the wheel looks like it could fit into that slot. We don't have enough caps to know exactly what yet.

The standing symbols almost seem elemental to me, the round ones being air, the squared off ones being fire, but whether or not they are I'm not sure that matters to this challenge. As Tribe pointed out, none have been altered at this point.

The starting mats seem to be backwards, the Upolu mat is on the right side but the Upolu coconut trough is on the left and vice versa. If they have to start by assembling the wheelbarrow at the mats and race away from the mats and pick up things along the way, then Upolu has the inside track and a shorter distance to get to their trough. The challenge area is quite large, I have drawn an overview:

Usually they will build the challenges to be equal distance, so possibly when leaving the start mats they may have to zig zag to go get whatever they are getting. Or possibly they have the wheelbarrow pieces scattered around the back of the challenge area but they take off from the starting mats in the same direction as my drawing. If they have to collect the pieces and then build the wheelbarrow and then wheel it to the coconut trough to dump the coconuts in, I can see why at this point Savaii seems so far behind.

So what are the coconuts used for once they are in the pit? What if the wheelbarrow bucket is meant to be attached to the platform that K/W/J are standing on and the legs of the wheelbarrow get flipped upside down and the narrow part gets inserted into the slot that we can see. Possibly there are more parts for a rubber sling shot that each person runs out and collects, drops at the assembly area and then they add that to the Y part of the legs now upright.

Then each tribe must shoot the coconuts using the rigged slingshot at the targets to knock them down/break them. This could explain why Mikayla comes back empty handed, they are still gathering the slingshot parts.

In any case, there has got to be something that the coconuts are used for once they are dumped in the pit.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

10-14-11, 11:31 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-11 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

Why is Jim standing *on* the "puzzleboard" piece? That piece looks almost like the front end of the wheelbarrow, I also think the wheelbarrow may lock into it somehow.

I'm wondering if there is something at each mask station that they have to memorize. Possibly on the back side of the mask. ETA: Or maybe they are picking up keys of some sort? It almost looks like Mikayla is about to hand Coach something.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-11, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Challenge"
so is KT!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-11, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Challenge"
Usually they will build the challenges to be equal distance, so possibly when leaving the start mats they may have to zig zag to go get whatever they are getting

A figure 8 route would fix the problem.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-14-11, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Challenge"

Could the six "masks" be targets that have to be knocked over by using the coconuts as projectiles? Maybe Jim, Keith and Whitney are the shooters waiting for the coconuts?

Krautboy

10-14-11, 10:41 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-11 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

I had mentioned that above, KB. That was my first thought. As Kathy points out, it seems weird to do all that work with the coconuts and then just let them sit in the pit -- must be another purpose for them.

Maybe if you knock over the mask you get to use it for the puzzle?

ETA: Just saw new promo below which answers this question and they do knock down the masks.

10-14-11, 05:19 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Challenge"
From the new promo it looks like one long challenge area, versus the semi-circular idea...

however everything else was spot on. Great going KO.

The tribes will assemble their wheel barrow, move through small obstacle course to coconut trough.
Untying a series of knots to release the coconuts.

The tribes will move out of the trough area to the coconut pit, dump their coconuts and then disassemble the wheel barrow.

Using pieces of the wheelbarrow to construct a slingshot.

Notice the upside down wheelbarrow bin, with the wheelbarrow handles being used as the Y-frame for the slingshot.

Shooting the coconuts at the masks.

The challenge is becoming less easy to establish who's ahead. BUT, Savaii will have a LOT of ground to make up.
And what's with the Mutiny graphic placed on the Upolu mask going down? Mutiny on Upolu?

10-14-11, 04:52 PM (EST)
30. "E6 Web promo - 'Lone Wolf'"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-11 AT 05:03 PM (EST)

CBS web promo is up....

CBS E6 web promo: 'Lone Wolf'
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2153686012/survivor-south-pacific-lone-wolf

Vidcaps courtest of Survivor fever (ty Mayan)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s23_ep6_wp.html

Transcript:
---------------------
Announcer: Wednesday, on an all new Survivor, Coach and Ozzy are power players. But when a blindside...

Dawn (talking to Cochran, Episode 5): Elyse has to go.

Announcer: Kicks Ozzy's closest ally off, will this team player...

Ozzy (talking to tribe after returning from Episode 5 Tribal Council): I now am a free agent.

Jim (camera confessional): Free agent for who!

Announcer: ...turn lone wolf?

Ozzy: I'm playing for myself. You guys can play it for yourselves.

Cochran (camera confessional): I hope he continues being a crybaby because it's great for me.

Announcer: Are these two leaders facing mutiny?

Coach (camera confessional): If I'm gonna coach this team, I need the people in the heat of battle to listen to me.
----------------------
Edit to add CBS web promo video link

10-14-11, 05:24 PM (EST)
32. "RE: E6 Web promo - 'Lone Wolf'"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-11 AT 05:24 PM (EST)

So KOfan was right, the coconuts are catapulted at the mask targets at the end. We also see Ozzy unlocking or turning something, probably during the construction or dissassembly of the wheelbarrow.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-14-11, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: E6 Web promo - 'Lone Wolf'"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-11 AT 05:27 PM (EST)

Nevermind - put this thought in the boot thread.

10-14-11, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: E6 Web promo - 'Lone Wolf'"

This is Coach saying, "If I'm gonna coach this team, I need the people in the heat of battle to listen to me...."

In other words, it sure sounds like the Upolu's must have lost, as they didn't listen to Coach in the heat of battle....He sure wouldn't have said that about the last hog eating challenge.....

Surprising!

10-18-11, 03:52 AM (EST)
36. "Challenge Preview"
Autobots this ain't but Kirhoffers enthusiasm is charming.
And good to know we were waaaaaaay ahead.

Transcript:
Jeff Probst:
Behind the Scenes for Survivor: South Pacific. The challenge is called "Losing Face". John Kirhoffer says this may become one of the big epic memorable challenges on our show. Right?
Kirhoffer: One of the top favorite five of my lifetime.
Probst: And we haven't even shot it. Let's take a look at how it works.
Kirhoffer (at challenge board): Losing Face. This is just a good, basic, fun Survivor feeling challenge. It's like all the special effects of the movie Transformers, brought into the Survivor world. In this challenge tribes will race to get coconuts from one end of the field to another using wheelbarrows. They start over here at their platform where their wheelbarrow is disassembled and they have to put it together. They pick it up and it's a big clunky Fred Flintstone looking transformer wheelbarrow. One person on each handle and somebody kind of following behind 'em. They get funneled into this first little zigzag area. They untie a series of knots, they pull a pin and then a tray full of coconuts tips into the wheelbarrow. We have coconut trees laying down on the side forming a little bit of a labyrinth to get through. And this wheelbarrow is pretty clunky. These people come back, get the wheelbarrow, disassembled it. Turn the barrow upside down. It forms a slingshot. They go back one at a time and take these coconuts and then it is fun. We got these big wooden masks that ...they are on a mechanism that has cervical tubing. If you nail it, it will go down. The coconuts explode. First tribe to get all their targets down wins.

gracias, SF! Tu es me corazon.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-11, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Challenge Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-11 AT 07:22 AM (EST)

Interesting. The Dream Teamers are all physically similar to the contestants in the game itself - one girl is a dead-ringer for Sophie. And there was an Ozzy-type and Mikayla-type beside her.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-11, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Challenge Preview"
I noticed the Jim type in this shot ... these are the doubles, probably use them to film the TC walks as well.

10-18-11, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Challenge Preview"
FYI- From all of the survivor parties that I have gone to and talking with the survivors, this has been confirmed by several from different seasons so I believe that it is 100% accurate:

Production has final say on what clothing each person can bring for pre-game photo shoots and in game wearing. They are required to send 2 sets of all clothing to production prior to leaving for location.

The clothing is searched to make sure nobody smuggles in or sews in any items that are forbidden, and then given back to the contestants right before filming.

The other set is used for the persons body double. They pick people that are approximately the same size and shape but not necessarily facial looks. They use these people for things like walk ins from a distance, promos, challenge previews etc.

Production controls exactly what they wear because they want these people dressed as they would in their walks of life. Hence Lill got stuck in her boyscout uniform, Ian from Palau got to be casual because he was a dolphin trainer, Cochran looks like a preppy etc.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

10-18-11, 02:19 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Challenge Preview"
I always thought this to be true, but I was shot down a couple of seasons ago (Samoa upside-down hanging challenge) when I had deduced who would most likely be going because their dreamteamer wasn't present for the new challenge preview.
At last, now I have a cite for future use.

10-18-11, 10:14 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Challenge Preview"
love it! the behind the scenes stuff is awesome.

Question: If you nail it, it will go down. The coconuts explode.

The coconuts must not be real coconuts, right? coconuts are not going to explode unless they hit with a lot of force.

10-18-11, 02:35 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Challenge Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-11 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

Tribe....you rock!

Jbug....yes, they use real coconuts! Don't get downwind of the sling shot coconuts! This reminds me of the girl that got hurt in Amazing race doing a sling shot challenge, almost knocked herself out....I think it was one of the Shopping network girls...

ETA: Exploding coconut...

10-18-11, 02:46 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Challenge Preview"

Thanks FloPo.
I remember the TAR event; can't remember what they were shooting in the sling shots.

I saw the pic above; but to me, if one were to sling shot a coconut into a hard concrete wall, I might see it exploding.

Are these targets going to fall over when hit? If so, I don't see the exploding part.

or are they firmly planted so that when the coconut hits, it will explode?

does this make sense?

10-18-11, 03:09 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Challenge Preview"
TAR17 ep1, firing watermelons at suit of armor. Poor Claire, KAPOW, right in the kisser. Brook and Claire had a laugh about it later, though

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-11, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Challenge Preview"
That woman was a trooper. She finished the challenge after taking that melon to the face. And probably seeing double.

A coconut probably would have killed her.

10-18-11, 10:13 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Challenge Preview"
Or a pineapple.

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978536758

10-18-11, 04:16 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Challenge Preview"
From the description John gives us, the masks are heavy and they are on posts/tubes connected to a lever that falls backwards once hit hard enough.
Because the masks are so heavy, the coconut will have to be smashed hard against it in order to get it to fall backwards, thusly being hard enough for a coconut to splatter.
I imagine that more than a few of them will not break and that each of those may not contain enough power to actually push the masks over, which could segue nicely into the Coach/Mikayla challenge rift.

10-19-11, 04:48 PM (EST)
48. "Press Images"

10-19-11, 05:00 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Press Images"
Where is Sophie in pic 1, I wonder.

10-19-11, 05:15 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Press Images"
She is standing next to Rick

10-19-11, 05:27 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Press Images"
In the wheelbarrow pic? I see only Rick and Brandon.

10-19-11, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Press Images"
There was spec on MESS started by birdlady that perhaps Upolu lost too many coconuts from the barrow on the first run, and that Upolu runs out of coconuts to shoot. That would mean Upolu reassembling the wheelbarrow and going back ...

what do you think?
I wish there were timestamps so we could see the order in the challenge.

10-19-11, 06:02 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Press Images"
The big problem with the timestamps is that the production uses a series of still cameras for each challenge. Finding the correct timeline between images from the same camera is easy, knuckling the images from other cameras all together is harder.
Made even harder this week because of so few images.

The Canon EOS-1D Mark IV states that these two images go in this order.

However, the third image was shot using the Canon EOS-1D Mark III...

Same thing with the RI shots. Two with the high-def cameras, making the shot of Christine solo coming prior to Elyse's solo shot.
While the long shot is a product of the EOS-1D Mark IV.

Overall, while the timestamps may not be super-useful this week, using the Savaii's load in comparison...

It seems that Brandon and Rick are seen pushing a wheelbarrow with a fair amount fewer coconuts then the Savaii have.
Whether this is a second load, I dunno.
But it would account for the obvious comeback of Savaii.

10-19-11, 06:32 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Press Images"
Thanks tribe!

I also got a reply from Kona here:
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/sreply/7761252/S23-Ep-6-Challenge

I am still confused ... as the minute stamps on any camera should be the same, only the hours different. Hours can be adjusted by time zone, but minutes should be set in the factory.

Anyway, he has 1:03 for the first shots and 1:05 for the one of Brandon and Rick. It hardly seems possible if the wheelbarrow had been disassembled.

Good theory though, on how to blow a major lead.

10-19-11, 08:17 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Press Images"
Despite the fact that YES, time is set in the factory. Each camera allows for manually changing the time within the camera. As well as the ease with which manipulation of info can be achieved AFTER uploading the data to a computer.

They can change Camera maker and model, date and time taken, date acquired or uploaded, tags, etc.
Not to mention, all of the cameras used were very likely bought in different years and from different countries. I imagine them as possibly making original time settings on the camera (or not and going with the factory standard) and through time and use and the acquisition of other cameras, all the info, aside from Tags and Titles, stays camera specific based off a timeline that does not match each other.
Kona gave me tips as well, Thank you Kona!
But Kona has spreadsheets involved with decoding their non-synchronousity.
Their oversight of matching camera time-stamps leads directly backwards but into muddying the trail of clues for spoilers.
Spoiling the Spoilers with their laziness?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •