The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Winning Quote Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-06-11, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Winning Quote Thread"
I'm a little late with posting this thread, but it's always nice to read what we think are winning quotes.

Last night, in Episode 4, "Survialism," Coach got the winning quote. "The last two times I played this game, I had my head in the sand. That is not happening again..." "... This is my game and I'm not going to let anyone ruin it for me."

He is sounding more and more like Robfadda every day! And acting like him too. He is the one who is keeping the tribe unified - taking the time to talk to each one individually to make sure they are appeased.

Finally, he has become a student of the game. Can he win it? He just might be able to do it this time.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Winning Quote Thread tribephyl 10-06-11 1
 RE: The Winning Quote Thread Belle Book 10-06-11 2
 RE: The Winning Quote Thread Flowerpower 10-06-11 3
   RE: The Winning Quote Thread Corvis 10-06-11 5
 RE: The Winning Quote Thread Outfrontgirl 10-06-11 4
   RE: The Winning Quote Thread Flowerpower 10-07-11 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-11, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Winning Quote Thread"
I too believe Coach is capable of winning the game this time. If not the $1M at least the fan-favorite prize.
He is showing much restraint from falling into the normal pitfalls of repeat players. Much like Ozzy is proving to NOT be the edited winner this year.
Sorry, I know I just took the opportunity to slam Ozzy in a pro Coach sentiment but it's apparent that Ozzy has learned NOTHING from his prior seasons. To be evidenced further by ep5 Tribal Council.

Anyhoos, Coach is definitely leading his tribe and the only two people upset about it are the two ladies currently on Redemption Island. Everyone else on Upolu, and I do mean everyone, has their eyes focused elsewhere for TC targets. Not on Coach. The merge will only serve to benefit Coach as well, as the loyalty he's nurtured will payback for him big time. Specially against an already fractured Savaii.

However, IMO, Coach's Achilles-heel may be Brandon. At his current rate he is set up to take the fall for Brandon.
Keeping Brandon could be his undoing. Specially if they both end up in the finals.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-06-11, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Winning Quote Thread"
Compared to Ozzy, I think Coach has a much better chance of winning! But it's a little early to say for sure. We'll have to wait and see.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Winning Quote Thread"

Don't forget, Ozzy had a winning quote in the first episode...Corvis noted it in the Editing thread...

That ability to harness your passion and stand up to what everyone says is impossible and say I can do it

At the rate Ozzy is going, I'd say that all of us are the nay sayers. If he goes to RI, he indeed could be redeemed, go on an IC run, and come back into the game with both guns blazing....you never know. An Ozzy win would surely be quite worthy of the Redemption Island title, especially if it's his ticket back. Ozzy has always represented th e underdog for me. And, with the editing this season, he's still the underdog...

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-06-11, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Winning Quote Thread"
When he said that, he wasn't talking about himself however. He was talking about Semhar.

And so far the editing is showing that Cochran is actually one of the people who fits that quote.

In my mind, anyway, that's not a winner's quote for Ozzy.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Winning Quote Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

I agree about Coach's confessional, very Rabfaddah. Clearly, Ozzy is not the next Rob, Coach is.

However, I have to point out that Brandon had a winner's quote:
It's not how you start; it's how you finish. (without playing it back for exact wording).

At this point I am liking Coach and Brandon for F3, along with Cochran. I think Sophie might be a F4 type, as she has a story, yet she is not very visible at TC and Jeff mostly ignores her, which is typical of some F4 edits.

As we know, the TC lasts a long time, and it is not that Jeff ignores any player; it is that the questions selected to be aired are chosen by the editors.

FloPo, I really don't think Ozzy has a shot at this. His "no strategy" comment was shown to annoy people and cause dissent, completely unlike the success of Rob's strategy. I think Ozzy is going to be toast when the tribe decides they can do without his challenge help. His fate will lie on RI.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-11, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Winning Quote Thread"
I doubt Ozzy will win either, at this point. But, he did have a winning quote and he is being set up so far with the editing to have a shot at redemption....Redemption Island, that is, and being one of the 2 returnees to the game, he is still an underdog, as Coach is as well.

Brandon did have more than one winning quote as well.

I will try and track it down...

There ain’t no chick in the world getting in the way of me, my family and a million dollars, ever.”

Well, maybe a chick won't, but what about a guy. This reminds me of the quote that Phillip had last season, that he will outlast any guy on the other tribe...and he did.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •