The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-11, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Jeff gave a teaser Tout at the end of last night's episode per FP in the east coast thread:

Jiffy notes that the challenge is GREAT, and disgusting and here's the big one....

BLINDSIDE next week at TC! He said it has a lot of ramifications in the FOLLOWING week as well...

I'm probably going to be in the minority here, especially because Ozzy is revered on these boards. I like the guy too but not awestruck by him.

Here is why I think Ozzy is up to be blindsided this week. First, my overall impression last week was that Ozzy was in trouble. The editing lead me to believe that he would be seeing his end soon, or at least an exit to RI. Comments from Keith, Keith telling Whitney about the idol, comments from Jim etc.

The first episode title was "I need redemption", Ozzy spoke these words in a confessional. When Jeff was telling the group about how Redemption Island works, the camera held on Ozzy for emphasis.

This past episode when they showed Jim and Cochran talking about their survivor move to boot Elyse they flashed to a picture of Ozzy relaxing in a hammock. They showed Dawn's discontent that Ozzy must have his own strategy locked up because he "forbid" anybody else to talk strategy.

Plus we had Mark's cautionary tone in the TC before talking to Jim about "you are in the group of 5, you are the one that has to worry". Not to mention several people have voiced concern over a "Boston Rob" like run.

Couple that with the fact that Cochran and Dawn have both been edited for more of a story than just to fall as the weak people that weren't in the alliance of 5.

It makes absolutely no sense that Cochran/Jim/Dawn can blindside Elyse, especially without at least bringing in either Keith or Whitney, both of whom know about the idol. The conversation may start at booting Elyse but once news of the idol creeps in, then I think they decide it makes more sense to take out Ozzy while they can.

Add to that what Stacey said at the end of last episode "I will tell whoever comes to watch the duel that Coach is running the show" (paraphrased). What she spills could reinforce the need to oust the leader at Savaii, depending on who is the witness.

If Savaii boots Elyse in a blindside and keeps Ozzy around knowing he has an idol, what move do they have at the next TC? Not to mention that she got one of the shows first confessionals, the one about calling on her ancient ancestors. Since then she has dropped off the radar, no story to start or finish.

Ozzy's story has been one of foreboding, he even said "the red tribe looked like a strong tribe" when he joined them. Ironic that they decide they are strong enough to get by without him?

The challenges at RI have both been very gender neutral and not particularly geared to favor any particular strength. If you put Ozzy on RI, you don't necessarily have to send "a strong person" next. You put him on RI and force him to get the redemption he says that he needs.

An Ozzy boot would have ramifications on the following week as well and could be for many reasons.

Kiki K mentioned in the editing thread that she thinks a great blindside this week would be on Jim, he is getting too cocky for his own good and that his plan to make a survivor move backfires on him. Worth considering, and it would be a blindside to him since he currently is not on the chopping block.

Who else can you see as getting blindsided this week?

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Flowerpower 10-06-11 1
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion KObrien_fan 10-06-11 2
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion emydi 10-06-11 15
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 30
               RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion emydi 10-06-11 33
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Corvis 10-06-11 3
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion KObrien_fan 10-06-11 5
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Flowerpower 10-06-11 12
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion dabo 10-06-11 4
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Brownroach 10-06-11 6
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 7
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion KObrien_fan 10-06-11 8
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 9
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Brownroach 10-06-11 10
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion KObrien_fan 10-06-11 11
               RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Brownroach 10-06-11 13
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Flowerpower 10-06-11 14
               RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion KObrien_fan 10-06-11 16
               RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 17
                   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Corvis 10-06-11 18
                       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 28
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion SquidProQuo 10-06-11 19
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion KObrien_fan 10-06-11 20
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion emydi 10-06-11 22
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion KObrien_fan 10-06-11 23
               RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion emydi 10-06-11 24
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion emydi 10-06-11 21
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Brownroach 10-06-11 25
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion SquidProQuo 10-06-11 26
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Flowerpower 10-06-11 52
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 27
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Brownroach 10-06-11 31
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 32
               RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion KObrien_fan 10-06-11 39
                   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 42
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Brownroach 10-06-11 29
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion tribephyl 10-06-11 43
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Corvis 10-06-11 44
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion dabo 10-06-11 47
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Outfrontgirl 10-07-11 59
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Brownroach 10-06-11 48
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion SquidProQuo 10-08-11 90
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion tribephyl 10-09-11 91
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Scarlett O Hara 10-06-11 34
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 35
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Scarlett O Hara 10-06-11 36
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion emydi 10-06-11 37
               RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 38
                   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion emydi 10-06-11 40
                       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-06-11 41
                           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kingfish 10-07-11 69
                       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion OllieKat 10-06-11 46
               Ramifications Brownroach 10-06-11 45
                   RE: Ramifications Blind Freddy 10-06-11 49
                       RE: Ramifications Brownroach 10-06-11 50
                           RE: Ramifications Blind Freddy 10-06-11 54
                               RE: Ramifications Brownroach 10-07-11 58
                           RE: Ramifications Flowerpower 10-06-11 56
                               RE: Ramifications Brownroach 10-06-11 57
                       RE: Ramifications KObrien_fan 10-06-11 53
                       RE: Ramifications Outfrontgirl 10-07-11 61
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Belle Book 10-06-11 51
   Flurry of activity OllieKat 10-06-11 55
       RE: Flurry of activity dabo 10-07-11 60
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Outfrontgirl 10-07-11 62
 Papa Bear's Character Assessment Outfrontgirl 10-07-11 63
 Pre-merge possibilities Outfrontgirl 10-07-11 64
   RE: Pre-merge possibilities Flowerpower 10-07-11 66
       RE: Pre-merge possibilities dabo 10-07-11 67
   RE: Pre-merge possibilities Belle Book 10-07-11 73
       RE: Pre-merge possibilities dabo 10-07-11 75
 RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion michel 10-07-11 65
   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion dabo 10-07-11 68
       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion michel 10-07-11 72
           RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion Outfrontgirl 10-07-11 74
               RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion michel 10-07-11 76
                   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion kiki_k 10-07-11 77
                   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion dabo 10-07-11 78
                   RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion tribephyl 10-08-11 79
                       RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion michel 10-08-11 81
 E5 web promo VO text teasers Blind Freddy 10-07-11 70
   RE: E5 web promo VO text teasers dabo 10-07-11 71
 The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim Krautboy 10-08-11 80
   RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Ji... kiki_k 10-08-11 82
   RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Ji... Flowerpower 10-08-11 83
   RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Ji... KObrien_fan 10-08-11 84
       RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Ji... Corvis 10-08-11 85
       RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Ji... kiki_k 10-08-11 86
       RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Ji... Flowerpower 10-08-11 88
       RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Ji... michel 10-08-11 89
   RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Ji... Brownroach 10-08-11 87
 Insider Clip Pattern Krautboy 10-09-11 92
   RE: Insider Clip Pattern michel 10-10-11 93
       RE: Insider Clip Pattern Belle Book 10-10-11 94
           RE: Insider Clip Pattern michel 10-10-11 95
           RE: Insider Clip Pattern Outfrontgirl 10-11-11 99
       RE: Insider Clip Pattern dabo 10-10-11 96
           RE: Insider Clip Pattern michel 10-10-11 97
               RE: Insider Clip Pattern dabo 10-11-11 98
 Kudos SBlows Blind Freddy 10-11-11 100
   RE: Kudos SBlows KObrien_fan 10-11-11 101
       RE: Kudos SBlows Blind Freddy 10-11-11 102
           RE: Kudos SBlows Krautboy 10-11-11 103
               RE: Kudos SBlows Flowerpower 10-11-11 104

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Wow, KO, you make quite a compelling argument.

Clearly, as you note, Ozzy has had quite a foreboding story so far. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he didn't get to RI at some point, in fact, I'd be shocked if he didn't get booted at some point. But, next week? Yikes. We all thought the preview was inferring that Ozzy was the target and it implied that Cochran was the mastermind. Well, last night I didn't see Cochran as the mastermind, it was Jim's plan. Perhaps, Cochran will turn this plan into an Ozzy boot. But, would they all go along with it? Dawn seems now that she is on board with Cochran and Jim. What about the others? Well, I'm sure that they can be talked into it, as they all feel like Ozzy has already his had his chance multiple times.

When Jeff noted that there would be a blindside at TC last night, I thought that's not too much of a teaser. We see that Elyse is being set up. My thoughts were that it would indeed be Elyse that goes, and then the next week Ozzy would cause problems, and perhaps those problems would result in a boot for him, or actions that lead to his impending boot.

Right now, I'm leaning toward an Elyse boot with the ramifications and potential boot of Ozzy to follow. But, you really give us alot to figure out! Thanks.

10-06-11, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
That would make sense if Ozzy didn't have the idol, but he does have the idol.

If they blindside Elyse who is Ozzy's closest back pocket girl ally, then surely he would be on high alert as the target the next TC and would play his idol, why wouldn't he? He would have to know that an Elyse blindside was because Keith/Whitney joined up with Jim/Cochran/Dawn.

The only way it would make any sense is Ozzy first while he doesn't suspect it, blindside boot with an idol either up a tree or in his pocket.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Well...they could still flush the idol and get rid of Elyse. Cochran has to face a tie vote though..but he should win it easily...

If Ozzy doesn't play it then he goes to RI either with the HI in his pocket. But to insure that he does, they could use Keith as a double agent to go to Ozzy and say that Whitney is siding with CJD to oust him in a blindside. Ozzy says he'll play HI with OEK voting for Cochran. But then at TC KW really vote for Elyse and Cochran Jim and Dawn vote Ozzy with Ozzy playing the idol.

Elyse and Cochran tie 2-2 but on revote all vote for Elyse but Ozzy. Then next time they go to TC Ozzy is unprotected and they get him then.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-06-11, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Again, as I said down thread, what is the advantage of flushing the idol at this point (ie, pre-merge)? If merge happens at even #s or with Savaii down numbers, it is a stupid move.

And counting on Ozzy not being the one to find the HII the second time when he found the first one without even a clue is pretty stupid & risky too. But, Keith & Whitney could be morons, we know nothing about them.

10-06-11, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
true I guess the best thing to occur is that Ozzy gets booted this week and leaves HI at camp and never gets back into the game and someone else finds it in O's hiding place.

It really does come down to WWKWD

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-06-11, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Since I've been told the spoiler isn't posted until later, I'll venture over here for a little while.

I agree 100% with you, KObrien. I had the same feeling that it was going to be Ozzy getting booted the next time they go to TC. And with the word that there is a blindside next ep, it sure seems like it could be Ozzy next.

You've done a great job listing all of the hints that are leading up to it. I think the biggest one was Dawn last week putting Ozzy's name out there when talking to Cochran. (Gutsy move - I am liking Dawn more and more.) It allowed the editors to put it out there though all of the talk centered on Elyse.

And the stuff about Ozzy saying no game talk, no game talk to me was a sure sign he's in trouble.

I get that Jim doesn't want to boot Ozzy now because of challenges, but we know the next week's challenge is that terrible meat eating challenge and that's not something that needs strength to win. Cochran and Dawn can argue that just because he's good at physical challenges doesn't make him invaluable. Smarts matter. Remember how terrible Ozzy was at that puzzle in the very first challenge. He only won because of the rest of his tribe.

So yeah, I like an Ozzy boot this coming week.

10-06-11, 09:56 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Since I've been told the spoiler isn't posted until later, I'll venture over here for a little while.

That's exactly why I started this thread, so that we could discuss and figure out the boot before the sourced spoiler makes the reveal, if we can.

I feel strongly that Savaii will be the blindside tribe also because Upolu has been shown as unwavering in their loyalty to each other. The Stacey boot nailed that point home. I think Upolu will have strength in numbers at the merge, the wildcard of course is who returns from RI.

10-06-11, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I feel strongly that Savaii will be the blindside tribe also because Upolu has been shown as unwavering in their loyalty to each other.

Yes, agreed. Definitely everything seem to point to Savaii going to TC. Most likely there is a new clue hidden at camp and Coach will find it, thus we see him in the preview promo climbing and searching in trees....so, again, Savaii will get the blindside at TC.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
The main thing I get from the narrative in episode 4 is that Ozzy doesn't have it locked the way he thinks. Jim has to break someone else from the alliance or his plan can't work, so it could easily backfire on Jim himself. Keith is willing to de-throne Ozzy at some point, he may think it too soon and throw Jim under the bus. Since Keith and Whitney know about Ozzy's HII, though, they could sieze the opportunity and simply switch the target from Elyse to Ozzy, because you really do have to blindside someone holding onto the HII if you want him/her out. Or Jim could switch targets and approach Ozzy with the idea of breaking up Keith and Whitney, especially if he finds out from them about the HII. Because Keith and Whitney don't need Jim to blindside Ozzy, they only need Cochran and Dawn with Jim as insurance. Jim wants to move up, not end up at fifth again, or sixth.

Any way you cut it, the story is that things get reshuffled at Savaii, Cochran and Dawn get the advantage from that.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

There are so few people getting any face time whatsoever this season, I think all those that are (Coach, Brandon, Ozzy, Jim, Cochran) are destined to stay in the game for awhile longer.

BLINDSIDE next week at TC! He said it has a lot of ramifications in the FOLLOWING week as well...

This is just as good an argument for Elyse to get blindsided, since it would have ramifications for Ozzy the following week.

I don't get the sense this installment is being presented in a highly suspenseful way. We had discussion of a blindside of Elyse last night. Now Probst tells us there will be a blindside next week. I'm inclined to think it will be Elyse on the receiving end. It's possible they split the vote between Ozzy and Elyse, Ozzy somehow figures out that he's in danger and plays the idol; Elyse goes home. Or, they just boot Elyse for now because they want to weaken Ozzy's position.

10-06-11, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

KO you do make a compelling argument and I'm not discounting it at all. I think it is perfectly rationale and could totally happen just as you lay out.

My concerns are:

1. Jeff saying "blindside" (as we know from past experience) doesn't necessarily mean we will not expect it -- only the person being booted will be blindsided. Remember last season? Jeff was saying "blindside" every week & we all knew exactly who was going each time. Past experience with Jeff leads me to agree with Brownroach's take that it will be Elyse who is blindsided as has been laid out this last episode.

2. We just plain don't know enough about Keith or Whitney to know what they will do. IMO, it is just as likely that when Jim approaches them to boot Elyse they tell him about Ozzy's HII & they switch the target to Ozzy as it is that they decide "sr@w Jim, he's teaming up with Dawn & Cochran which is going to leave us 2 against 3" and decide to get him out instead. (My scenario *does* fit in ironically with Papa Bear's warnings to Jim, which MB always likes too). IOW, it is one thing for Keith to "betray" Ozzy with his "core 2" partner Whitney; it is another thing for him to throw his "core 4" person alliance away (and from what Papa Bear said, who proved to be a good observer of the situation, Ozzy, Elyse, Keith & Whitney are the "core 4" & Jim is the disposable 5th). Still my "Jim's plan backfires and he's the blindside" is not based on anything but my hunches from the edit he's getting -- I still don't know enough about Keith or Whitney to state that it will definitely happen that way.

I'm still not discounting your analysis, just looking at/ considering alternative scenarios. What I do think is that I will need to see some more from the next set of vidcaps to be 100% committed to any scenario.

eta: a big plus for "Ozzy's redemption" theme, btw, is that if he is blindsided with a HII in his pocket again and he is able to come back from RI, the HII will still be good. Jeff told us that last season (ie, if someone goes to RI with a HII & that person comes back into the game, his/her HII is still good). The scene when Ozzy found the HII this season & from what he said about "last time"-- that scenario jumped in my head. I predict that happening at *some point* for Ozzy's story -- whether it starts next week, I'm not sure.

10-06-11, 01:13 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I agree with you that it could be a Jim blindside as a flip for him going after Elyse (or Ozzy), and I'm not willing to dismiss the idea 100% at this point. However, I don't agree with you that Jim's edit necessarily means that he buys it this week. He can stay in the game, Ozzy can return from RI and then Jim could be ousted at the hands of Ozzy and the edit he is getting still makes sense.

In regard to Elyse, sure it would be a blindside to her, I'm not saying that it wouldn't. But don't you think Ozzy getting booted would also be a blindside to him? I'm not thinking that the boot has to be a blindside to the audience at all.

My problem with an Elyse boot this week in blindside fashion is that means Ozzy would have his idol next week and he would be alert to the fact that he needs to use it, thereby saving himself and booting one of the others that flipped the script, why would they take that chance?

I also agree that we have no real idea of what Keith and Whitney are thinking, nor what they would/will do. Neither has spoken too much. But I do know that when Ozzy told Keith about the idol and told him to keep mum, he immediately told Whitney, and he told us he didn't like that Ozzy had the idol. That to me does indicate that he realizes he isn't going to ride Ozzy all the way to the end and that possibly because of the idol, he may jump sooner rather than later. But who knows?

It's definitely worthwhile looking at all the angles and trying to figure this out. Hopefully we get some teasers and more vid caps soon

10-06-11, 01:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 01:28 PM (EST)

In regard to Elyse, sure it would be a blindside to her, I'm not saying that it wouldn't. But don't you think Ozzy getting booted would also be a blindside to him? I'm not thinking that the boot has to be a blindside to the audience at all.

No, you are completely right. I wasn't clear. I'm critiquing Jeff's hype. Jeff saying "blindside" in the past has led to some "overspec" (at least by me) to try to figure it out who this out of left field boot was going to be when it proved time & time again to be the "obvious" (to us) boot. If that is the case this season again, it leads me to believe that Elyse is the boot. IOW, it will probably be the "obvious" boot regardless of what Jeff says.

One other thing that maybe we should consider: is it better for Keith to boot Ozzy & take the HII out of play (unless he comes back from RI) or is it better to stick with your ally who has a HII which can be played to both his AND your advantage at merge in case merge happens with even numbers or with Savaii being down numbers? Again, we don't know squat about how Keith & Whitney think (or even if they think at all -- Whitney hasn't had even 1 confessional). Personally, I think it would be better to stick with Ozzy (and Elyse) at least until merge in case Ozzy's HII is needed to help then, but who knows.

10-06-11, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I posted in the ECST a scenario where Elyse would get booted next week and either Ozzy or Jim would get booted the following week.

If Keith and/or Whitney does agree to boot Elyse this week, it can later be spun to Ozzy as Jim's idea (which is in fact true). We heard Ozzy thinking that Jim is overstrategizing, so he would probably want to target Jim. The Dawn/Cochran crew can then arrange the voting so that if Ozzy plays the hii, Jim will leave; if not Ozzy will leave.

10-06-11, 01:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
That is an interesting and plausible scenario as well.

One of the other reasons I have a hard time believing an Elyse boot, so please y'all help me out. Why would she get a confessional in the first episode to highlight her and she mentioned summoning her ancient ancestors. The next episode she says something similar to Jim. Since then, she has been so far invisible.

What is her story and why is it coming to an end now?

10-06-11, 02:35 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I really couldn't say regarding her confessionals -- to be honest I don't remember either of them. They are in the South Pacific and that is her lineage, so they gave her a "human interest" confessional to tie in to the location?

As far as Elyse's story, we saw her getting close to Ozzy, and Jim noticing. That is more or less what did Semhar in. Aside from that she is one of the many nonentities this season, and I feel like one more of them will get booted before any of the "stars" do.

10-06-11, 02:41 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
There are three very plausible boot candidates and the rationale for their blindside boot...

1. Ozzy. He's been shown to be playing the same game, pretty much. Aligning with the females, not wanting to talk strategy, getting too comfortable with the HII, all the while we are hearing discord from the other members of the tribe. Keith pointing out how he has to "watch him". Jim, Cochran, Dawn, Whitney (she swore when she heard that Ozzy had the HII). He clearly is a redemption candidate and it would be SHOCKING if he doesn't get there at some point in this game. RI was made for players like Ozzy. If he were to go next week, it would be a blindside for Ozzy and for the audience. He is squeezed in right smack in the middle of the preview vidcaps this week ~ CLASSIC OFG theory, at it's core.

2. Elyse. She is the one that Jim and Cochran appear to want to blindside. She is Ozzy's back pocket girl and getting her out would "devastate" Ozzy. (Just like Natalie was Robfadda's back pocket girl). It would be a blindside for her and Ozzy, but not a blindside for the audience. Perhaps her native American journey could include a run on RI, maybe she will be the first returnee? Booting her out in a blindside would surely blindside Ozzy and cause lots of drama in the week to follow, where one of Jim, Ozzy, OR Cochran could bite the bullet.

3. Jim. Jim is at the cool kids table but just barely. Now he is in cahoots with Cochran and we know, thanks Jiffy, that he's turned on his alliance. He is firmly in with Cochran and most likely Dawn. He and Cochran will indeed be targeting either Elyse or Ozzy...he's turning on his alliance. I agree that his edit took a turn downward this week with showing absolutely no loyalty to HIS OWN PLAN! He is a very selfish player that, imo, is doomed. If loyalty is a theme of this season, Jim has only loyalty to himself. Cochran and Dawn seem to have edits that may keep them in the game for much longer. How do they get to mid-late game? They get there because the alliance of 5 will eat each other, as Papa Bear predicted. Jim is at high risk to be a casualty of this, as it was spoken to him.

As others have noted, it may come down to WWKWD? What would Keith & Whitney do. I think Keith sees Ozzy as his ticket to later game, as in his point of view, he will align with him for now, and then WATCH HIM CLOSELY, later. But, wwwd? We don't know her at all, and we don't know if she will be much of an influence on Keith either.

10-06-11, 02:55 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Excellent recap FP! I think we've done due dilligence to consider the angles, now we just need some teasers and more vidcaps to see which direction we go.

10-06-11, 03:01 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Very good synopsis of the rationale behind the 3 possible boots. Thanks FloPo!

I really see any of the 3 being possible at this point. And yes, it all does turn on WWKWD?

Now that I've been contemplating the 3 possible scenarios, the one thing that I see as the fly in the ointment for the Ozzy (and possibly the Elyse) boot is, as I said upthread, are Keith & Whitney willing to boot and/or alienate an ally with a HII at this point? I really don't see how getting rid of Ozzy's HII (either by booting him & taking it out of play or alienating him with an Elyse boot that makes him play it next TC) helps them right now. If Savaii goes into merge with even numbers or *down* numbers, isn't it better to have an alleged ally with an HII who can play it at that first pre-merge TC?

Again, though, that is how *I* would play it; I can't tell at all how Keith & Whitney would.

10-06-11, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
They could also be thinking if they force Ozzy to use the HII, it'll be back in play and perhaps of them can find it.

10-06-11, 04:22 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
And that ensures that Ozzy -- who found the first one day 2 without a clue-- doesn't find it a second time how? Too risky, IMO

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-06-11, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Here are the clues from CBS Press Express. Didn't notice a title yet -- in a hurry at work now but will check back later.

October 6, 2011
10.06.2011 AN UPSET CASTAWAY SEEKS REVENGE AND A BIG BETRAYAL SHAKES UP THE GAME AT A SURPRISING TRIBAL COUNCIL, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 12

The big betrayal/shaking up the game clue clearly relates to Jeff's original teaser about a blindside and repercussions next week.....but who's the upset castaway seeking revenge? (Thinking perhaps 1 clue per tribe)

Also, on the EW Q&A today, Jeff's teaser for next week is that something significant happens with Coach....and we do see him searching for the HII in the preview and that whole weird "don't call me Benjamin" thing. Hope he isn't becoming the joke coach again.

Quick Q: I know they've been rotating wins, but should we assume at this point that Ozzy's tribe loses and goes to TC? Wasn't sure if there's evidence or not since I haven't had a chance to look at vidcaps yet.

10-06-11, 03:58 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

I think Christine and Stacey both mock and spill on darling "Benjamin" and for that he gets upset and swears revenge. The blindside should come from the Savaii tribe and we are discussing it at length above this post, would love to hear your thoughts once you catch up.

Thanks for the teasers.

10-06-11, 03:59 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
great minds

10-06-11, 04:01 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Off topic, but hi Emy!!!!!

10-06-11, 04:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
hi KT!! I was up above too...what do you think about my flush idea?

10-06-11, 03:59 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I think the revenger is Stacey--at duel she tells Savii about Coach Benjamin running the show. He looks for HI and probably finds it.

10-06-11, 04:16 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I think it refers to Stacey also.

10-06-11, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 04:21 PM (EST)

OK, just checked back on the CBS site and now they have the title and the complete clues:

AN UPSET CASTAWAY SEEKS REVENGE AND A BIG BETRAYAL SHAKES UP THE GAME AT A SURPRISING TRIBAL COUNCIL, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 12

CHEAT TWEET: Revenge, betrayal and starvation! #Survivor, Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/rf3u5V

"Taste The Victory" – Starving castaways tap into their primal instincts at an intense Immunity Challenge, and a big betrayal shakes up the game at a surprising Tribal Council. Meanwhile, on Redemption Island a scorned castaway seeks revenge by spilling all the secrets of their former tribe, and the third castaway is sent home, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Oct. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

-----

So KO and emydi, you were right! They basically give it to us on a platter that Stacey (and perhaps her friend Christine as well) is the upset castaway looking for revenge. Will be interesting to see if Coach handles it maturely or not....guess it depends on who are the spectators at RI.

I think the key to the whole betrayal thing is Dawn. Will she (and perhaps Cochran) realize they don't have the #s and rat out Jim to Ozzy to try to win their way into the alliance? Or will she stick w/Jim and Cochran and try to bring over a 4th person? I do get the feeling that Dawn will be around longer than Jim...and Cochran saying that Jim is a shady car salesman with teeth that are too white seems to set him up....I get the vibe of that other previous poker player from him vs. liking Cochran and Dawn.

10-06-11, 08:41 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Squid: Additionally, it seems like Savaii is the one to go to TC because Coach is foraging around in the trees searching for the HII. Chances are they win the gnawing challenge and Coach finds another clue to the HII. Last week they lost, so no clue. This week a win and Coach finds a clue....seems logical.

10-06-11, 04:22 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
There isn't "hard" evidence that Ozzy's tribe loses IC & goes to TC but since we know it is a blindside & Coach's 5 have proven pretty loyal the chances of a blindside happening there are slim to none, which leaves Ozzy's tribe going to TC by default. (h/t to Brownroach -- he spec'd this in the ECST).

10-06-11, 04:34 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I don't think it was me who said that, but I agree with it. All the "plotting" that we've seen has been on Savaii. At Epolu we have a solid five, three of whom barely speak.

10-06-11, 04:41 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 04:42 PM (EST)

Sorry. I worry about inadvertently representing stuff as my own & always try to make sure to give proper credit but now that I look back in that thread what I just wrote above ^^^ was basically my synthesizing of the discussion on the ECST between you, dabo, FloPo, michel & KO. No one flat out said it in that thread the way I just did, but it is all there between the lines.

10-06-11, 05:16 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Um, yeah I actually did, lol. But it's ok, there are a lot of posts.

10-06-11, 05:40 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 05:41 PM (EST)

Aw, FFS! I just want to make sure I don't inadvertently imply something is "my idea." I swear I just glanced over at the ECST & saw the discussion with you, FloPo, etc again but didn't see it spelled out per se, but I totally believe you did. I just *knew* I read it somewhere last night.

From now on, I'm just going to state "someone said last night" etc and not fret over trying to give specific attribution. I hope everyone will be ok with that.

Sorry for all the confusion/off-topic posts that I caused.

10-06-11, 04:26 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Wait. Where's the clue about Lil Hantz? There's always a clue about Lil Hantz. There must be some mistake.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
An upset castaway seeks revenge smacks of Stacey to me. She was bitter last night and has promised a ruining of Coach's game once arrived at RI, with Christine. Even going so far as to say she WILL be back.
As KO stated above (and in agreeance with emy), Stacey vows revenge and begins her anti-Coach onslaught with the reprisal of "Benjamin". Coach is visibly flustered and probably concerned that indeed Stacey can ruin his game. Undermining his authority on the Upolu from the arena at Redemption.

A big betrayal shakes up the game at a surprising Tribal Council
To be fair I see big betrayal potential at both tribes.
They both contain open alliances of 5, that have both included a 6th from different person's perspectives. They also both contain mini-factions within the original 5. Both are ripe for betrayal from within the original 5.

But for now, the emergent need to raise the stakes this coming week speaks volumes towards Savaii heading to TC next.
The mere presence of strategic talks happening in a week the tribe doesn't go to Tribal means that their turn at Council will be coming soon.

On Savaii, Ozzy thinks he's in control but at every opportunity to flex his control, the other's rebel.
He wants Cochran gone most, Semhar goes, then Poppa Bear goes. Leaving his target, Cochran, an opportunity to make inroads with his alliance mates.
He secretly tells Keith of his idol, Keith passes the secret on to Whitney.
He tells Jim that he shouldn't strategize. Jim does exactly that, with his known target.
He salvages Dawn from emotional distress. Dawn puts him at the top of her list of bootees.
Ozzy is NOT in control of his tribe. Keith and Whitney are running the tribe. Elyse is close with Ozzy, but strategically closer to Whitney.

Since there is a betrayal, it has one of these outcomes:
1. The powers that be find out about Jim's proposed betrayal: Jim Booted.
2. The powers that be turn on their own: Ozzy Booted.
3. The power's that be are completely blindsided: Elyse Booted.

(As an aside, IMO the main reason we are not hearing from Whitney, Elyse and Keith is because the story of Ozzy must take precedence. Once Ozzy's story is finished, these three will be able to emerge.)
(OR Elyse goes this week and Keith and Whitney should become concerned of their lack of face-time.)

Pros for both Ozzy and Elyse boots would be that they would be surprising this week and have repercussion next week. (Which by the way also suggests a Savaii re-visit to TC.)

Con's for a Jim boot would be the hype that this week also effects next week. After Jim is gone, the focus goes back to Cochran or Dawn. But that doesn't seem like a ripple at all.
Besides, storywise I find that both of them get farther than this.

Con's for an Elyse boot would be getting Whitney and Keith on board. Dawn, Jim and Cochran have power only if they can divert the other 4 or by getting 1(or more) of the 4 on board.
Even in a proposed split-vote scenario, getting Keith and Whitney to not vote the same way as Ozzy and Elyse do, is impossible. There has to be a bigger pay-off than a dumbfounded Ozzy. Again, I cannot see Keith or Whitney backstabbing Elyse.

However, I DO see Keith and Whitney as capable of blindsiding Ozzy. Even at this stage. Jim may not want to get rid of Ozzy just yet. But Dawn does. Cochran would be insane not to join in. Do Dawn and Keith have a connection? Is Dawn gutsy enough to approach Keith with an offer? Both him and Whitney have stated of biding their time with Ozzy. The time is seemingly ripe.
1. Cochran, Dawn, Keith, Whitney and Elyse could blindside Ozzy and stun Jim.
OR
2. Cochran, Dawn, Jim, Keith and Whitney back-stab Elyse and stun Ozzy.
3. Cochran, Dawn, Jim, Keith and Whitney back-stab Ozzy and stun Elyse.

Looks likely, to me, it's an Ozzy boot.
and I could extend this post even longer with all the reasons why Ozzy's only chance at Redemption, with his current edit, is through winning challenges at Redemption Island. Another thread, I guess.

10-06-11, 05:51 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I am beginning to think Stacy wins the duel. Coach is clearly still pretty upset afterward about what happened at the duel. Would he be as upset if then Stacy lost and was out of the game? I don't think so.

Perhaps Stacy wins and Christine is gone. Considering we didn't see anything of Christine at RI last episode, I could see her journey ending.

10-06-11, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

Between Stacey and Christine I don't think it should matter that much to Coach which one wins and stays (maybe it does matter to him, but it really shouldn't). The hug was taken as a desperate and meaningless gesture by Stacey, made her angrier, and both the women are determined to trash Coach.

And he's getting upset over being called "Benjamin"? Coach is getting distracted with non-issues.

The real danger is Brandon. Brandon is starting to question Coach's leadership and slip into young rebel in waiting.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-11, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I do think Coach would be upset that a lot of info was revealed.
I think Stacy went out mad; clearly she felt lied to. She will be the one in the teaser.
The person who is out has very good reason to spill at RI, because it is last chance, whereas the one who stays still has cards to play.

They aren't going to show much of what goes on at RI; it is too boring. Maybe if Ozzy or Coach or Cochran or Lil Hantz were to be there.

I pretty much assume that none of the ones at RI so far are going to make returnee, so there is no big storyline at RI, but Christine has some story. Stacey got none before her boot episode, so I don't feel she has any more life in the game.

10-06-11, 06:08 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Good post, tribe.

Even in a proposed split-vote scenario, getting Keith and Whitney to not vote the same way as Ozzy and Elyse do, is impossible. There has to be a bigger pay-off than a dumbfounded Ozzy. Again, I cannot see Keith or Whitney backstabbing Elyse.

That is a good point. Although, as others have said in this thread, we really don't know what Whitney and Keith are thinking. It's possible that one or both of them doesn't like Elyse, or is also worried that she's too close to Ozzy.

I don't really see how an Ozzy boot would have ramifications at Savaii for next time though. If Elyse isn't in on it she'd be surprised, but...oh well.

10-08-11, 08:22 PM (EST)
90. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Tribe, great post! I really like how you've laid out the pros and cons for each possible boot.

The one "con" that you didn't mention, though, is that if they vote out Ozzy now, that is going to put their tribe at a big disadvantage in the challenges. Since things have been neck in neck and there's still time to the merge, just wondering if they can afford to lose Ozzy at this point? He's also a big provider of fish, etc.

The flip of this Ozzy "con" is a big "pro" for booting Elyse -- i.e. she's expendable from a challenge standpoint. And booting her has a double effect of weakening Ozzy's power and splitting up a pair but still keeping the tribe strong from a challenge standpoint.

Just a gut feeling, but I still think Dawn could be a key in all this...i.e. can she help win over Whitney/Keith? Papa Bear talks in his post game interview about how he's rooting for Keith and Dawn to make the finals and how they're both such great people and we have that shot of the 2 of them sharing meat (gross) in the vidcaps....just wondering if these 2 bond in some way?

10-09-11, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
91. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
The caps of Dawn and Keith at the challenge have me too thinking that the two of them are the instigators of the blindside.

And I can certainly see your points regarding the flipping of con/pro for Ozzy/Elyse.

Tribal strength is still a matter of concern, surely.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Just jumping in to say that Jiffy throws the word "blindside" around a lot. He used that word earlier this season, and I don't think of those votes as blindsides.

On the other hand, I do remember hearing Ozzy say, "I need redemption." I also remember him saying he'd better build a shelter because he could sleep on the ground, but his tribe could not. And finally, last week, "I'm a survivalist." All things that point to him eventually going to visit Redemption Island and surviving!

Do I think Ozzy will be blindsided? Yes, I do. Is it this week? No, I'm not feeling it yet. I also remember Ozzy saying after finding the idol, I'm not going to make the same mistake twice. I think he will use his idol and someone else (like Jim) will be blindsided and voted off.

Here's a question to ponder. If Ozzy does get blindsided and is sent to Redemption Island, can he take his Immunity idol with him and use it if he pulls a Matt and gets a second chance back into the game?

I do think that the Savaii tribe will lose the challenge. Coach is shown climbing trees looking for the HII. He must have gotten another clue after winning the IC/RC challenge.

Therefore, I am going with Savaii going back to Tribal Council.

10-06-11, 04:47 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Here's a question to ponder. If Ozzy does get blindsided and is sent to Redemption Island, can he take his Immunity idol with him and use it if he pulls a Matt and gets a second chance back into the game?

Jeff confirmed last season via a twitter question that if a player went to RI with a HII in his pocket & came back into the game, his/her HII would still be good.

I totally see Ozzy getting sent to RI with the HII in his pocket (just like last time) & coming back from RI & getting to use it. Totally makes up for his getting sent home with it in his pocket & unable to ever use it like last time.

I'm unsure that it happens this week, though, because I just can't believe Keith & Whitney would want to "flush" the HII or get rid of it pre-merge.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Thanks for your answer Kiki! I don't see him using it this week either. I agree mostly with Brown Roach. I think possibly Elyse will be "blindsided" this week and Ozzy may well be the target next week. I'd love to see Ozzy use his idol though and get Jim out instead!

I think Jim is being set up for a fall very soon.

10-06-11, 05:05 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I'm siding with KT with an Ozzy boot a complete blindside w/o flushing he idol...whether it's in Ozzy's pocket or in the tree remains the question for me

But I don't think it's Jim unless Keith tells Ozzy and then they turn the tables on Jim with Cochran and Dawn's help but like BR said that leaves CD with little power and I think they go farther than KWOE and Jim for that matter!

10-06-11, 05:09 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
You meant KO, not KT, right?

I'm not trying to nitpick, but I'm old & I get confused easily. I just glanced up the thread looking for a "KT" so please help me out & clarify who KT is before I drive myself nuts.

And I'm open to all three at this point but am leaning towards BR's prediction of Elyse (while hoping for Jim hee hee) but will await the next set of vidcaps.

10-06-11, 05:21 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
yep KO I call her KT short for her name sorry for confusion

10-06-11, 05:36 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Thanks! I'm sure it was just me that got confused.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-11, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
And FYI, sometimes Emydi is the EmyDom, or just the Dom. Or Mistress.

OllieKat 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-06-11, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OllieKat Click to send private message to OllieKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
"Redemption Island a scorned castaway seeks revenge by spilling all the secrets of their former tribe" - since the big "secret" on Upolu is you-know-who's relative (I can't even bring myself to type out their names anymore), I'm guessing that could be at least part of what gets revealed at the duel. I was actually kind of surprised to NOT see Stacey telling Christine last night. The other thing could be the five names of the alliance on Upolu - don't know that Coach being a leader would be a big secret, but who exactly is together could be.

As far as the "blindside"...I'm not sure what to think yet. There are some good points being made here though for the three most mentioned names. Y'all pretty much have me convinced that it will be Jim, Oz, or Eylse. The fact that the Upolu 5 have been shown to be really tight (other than some doubts about B) leads me to think that it would truly be a blindside to the audience if one of the sane ones were voted off. But I don't really trust that Jeff means we'll be blindsided, just that the player voted off will be.

Game-wise it just doesn't make sense to me that Keith/Whitney would turn on OZ/Elyse - maybe if it was the last vote before the merge, but not yet. Dumber things have happened though.

10-06-11, 05:52 PM (EST)
45. "Ramifications"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

I think, plain and simple, that Jeff’s “ramifications for next time” concerns the hii.

An Ozzy boot this week has no ramifications for anyone but Elyse at the next TC, and she can get voted out. No big deal.

A Jim boot this week has no real ramifications for the alliance of 5 – they lose one member, but he was shifty and they still have a majority. It has ramifications for Cochran and Dawn because it puts them back into a weak position after plotting to make a move. But again, one of them would probably just get voted out so what’s the big deal?

An Elyse boot this week has ramifications for Ozzy, assuming it is done behind his back. He will realize that people are scheming, that his alliance isn’t solid, and he will have to wonder if he needs to play the hii at the next TC. And those who know he has the hii will be wondering if he will play it and how they can guard against it if he does.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-06-11, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Ramifications"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 07:56 PM (EST)

Just for clarification...in case the semantics matter(not trying to nitpick here...all is good)....

The JP Tout in question:
http://www.tout.com/m/oglk00

Text...
------------------
"One more tease for next week...blindside, at Tribal Council. And it's a big one. And it sets off a flurry of activity in the folowing episode"
---------------------

So the words that might matter are "a flurry of activity" instead of 'ramifications'.

Again no offense meant to anyone over the parsing and I'm not sure it makes any difference....but I saw Liz kick butt once upon a time and it wasn't a pretty sight.

10-06-11, 08:00 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Ramifications"
Thanks BF. I thought the tout was reported verbatim. Now I may have to change my spec. "It's a big one" sounds pretty significant as well.

10-06-11, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Ramifications"
It's minor but possibly a significant difference(course who knows what JP thinks)

'Ramifications' implies consequences, whereas 'flurry of activity' might mean almost anything like more strategy discussions or whatever. And it's to the spillover to E6 that these words apply so that might make a difference in the impact the E5 boot selection makes on the tribe...just trying to keep things on track here

10-07-11, 00:55 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Ramifications"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-11 AT 01:05 AM (EST)

The exact quote should have been reported, or retrieved, to base a thread on it, imo. Sorry, but now I do feel a little annoyed because it makes me look at things differently. We're not supposed to be sloppy.

10-06-11, 09:25 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Ramifications"
Sorry BR, that I didn't quote it exactly.

Anyway, thanks for posting BF! I am still in the same line of thinking. Jiffy notes things are a big deal all the time, he OVER exaggerates....ALOT. So, in my mind, it's still the same stakes. Also, I think we all agree that Ozzy needs Redemption and he'll get it at RI, the question is when....So,

Jim, if he were to be the boot, what ramifications would occur the next week, what flurry of activity? There could be some flurry of activity from Dawn and Cochran. Cochran has to do something to earn the mastermind label, right? I am doubtful, at this point that Jim will be blindsided this week. If Jim is blindsided will it be because Ozzy plays his idol? If Ozzy plays the idol to get Jim out, he's vulnerable the next week....They need one more of Keith or Whitney to vote out Ozzy, all it takes is one person to let it out...

Ozzy. If he were booted, Elyse would be mad, most likely, but what other flurry of activity would happen? Would Dawn and Cochran become the targets again once Ozzy is gone? If so, I can see them throwing Jim under the bus...In order for Ozzy to get booted, the majority have to do it....Jim, Cochran, Dawn and someone at least of Keith and Whitney. I just don't see alot of flurry of activity.

However, if Elyse were to be booted, there would be hell to pay, Ozzy would certainly cause a flurry of activity, I think. Still leaning toward an Elyse boot. Blindsiding Ozzy (by booting Elyse), the one that thinks he's in charge, would be a big blindside. Also, if Elyse is blindsided, what will Ozzy do? Lean on Keith most likely, or will he turn to Dawn and Cochran....Let's try and predict what Ozzy would do...

Frankly, one could argue that Dawn and Cochran may need to be shuffling every episode....no matter who is booted.

Tribe: Great thoughts. I agree that Jiffy's tease seems to imply that Savaii may indeed be going to TC again the following week!

10-06-11, 10:25 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Ramifications"
No prob FP but with Probst it's best to be exact, or include a link -- based on past experience.

10-06-11, 09:10 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Ramifications"
I personally think that setting off a flurry of activity next episode could also refer to Upolu even though the boot is from Savaii this week.

ie: An Ozzy boot may send Upolu into throwing a challenge to boot Coach (unlikely) or to boot a strong male that can battle Ozzy or... fill in the blank.

10-07-11, 03:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Ramifications"
Glad that got clarified.

Ramifications made me think of payback or swing in balance of power, and so forth.
Flurry of activity either means literal moving around or a lot of talking.

My first thought would be that the HII gets played -- therefore everyone is running around looking for the rehidden idol that's back up for grabs.

Could also mean one or more people doing damage control due to the betrayal/blindside.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-06-11, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I see only three people as in danger: Elyse, Jim and Ozzy. However, of those three I think Jim is the least likely. Therefore, I'm guessing either Elyse or Ozzy get blindsided. But which one -- well, I'll wait and see.

OllieKat 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-06-11, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OllieKat Click to send private message to OllieKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Flurry of activity"
"And it sets off a flurry of activity in the following episode"

My initial thought was that the flurry of activity in question has to do with searching for an immunity idol. It just seems like precise wording that describes idol hunting versus, say "scrambling" which usually describes people trying to change the vote/rearrange alliances/etc.

10-07-11, 01:52 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Flurry of activity"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-11 AT 09:05 AM (EST)

Okay. Initially I was thinking flurry of activity was a result of the reshuffle at Savaii, however it goes. HII confusion could set in at any tribe with the players who are unaware of HII location.

Basically, though, Jim's grand scheme relies on one thing, Savaii going to Tribal. It doesn't matter what else he sets in place, if Savaii doesn't go to Tribal it is all irrelevant.

The set-up, though, is that Brandon is beginning to rebel agaisnt Coach in Upolu. I don't know how far Brandon will push it, but in the scene where he went to Coach about the bug Stacey put in his ear he challenged Coach about his past game performances, and he claimed (in retreat and erroneously IMO) that he was a good judge of character. Brandon may be at the start now of a rebel story.

10-07-11, 03:36 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
My main issue with an Elyse boot here is that the editors set it up in Ep 4, even though it was out of the blue to bring up Elyse.

They could easily have saved the scheming segment and blown us away with the Elyse boot in Ep 5 (if it went that way). Why would they go to all that in Ep 4 only to show us Ozzy's Girl Gets The Boot, Pt 2?

Makes more sense that the plotting sets things in motion, but someone else gets betrayed.

It's a BIG betrayal, so I don't see how it could be Keith or Whitney backstabbing Elyse, because we've been shown nothing of either of them making any promise to Elyse.

We have been shown Keith and Ozzy bonding. We saw Ozzy decide to trust Keith. So it will be big if Keith blindsides Ozzy at this point.

We saw Jim setting up an alliance of 5, but he has already decided to pursue other options, and he's on the outside. We've been told that he and Cochran think it is a big move to boot Elyse, but not a big betrayal.

Dawn has nothing to betray.

Cochran shook with Jim, so he could betray Jim.
Jim betraying Cochran would be nothing; Cochran is already on the block.

We saw that Whitney was not pleased at all to hear Ozzy has the HII. She views that as a problem, and so does Keith. So yeah, Jeff being unable to keep his mouth shut could very well indicate that Ozzy gets booted, because the boot of either returnee at this early stage is going to be a major big deal and blindside of JEFF. Imagine how he would have been surprised that a weak tribe like Savai'i would ditch Ozzy.

10-07-11, 03:57 AM (EST)
63. "Papa Bear's Character Assessment"
From Gordon Holmes' interview of Mark Papa Bear Caruso for Xfinity
http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/blogs/2011/tv-news/survivor-castaway-interview-mark-papa-bear-caruso/

Holmes: Alright, before you kick off your advertising career, let’s do some word association. Let’s start with Keith.
Papa Bear: Fantastic.

Holmes: Elyse?
Papa Bear: Sneaky.

Holmes: Cochran?
Papa Bear: Dangerous.

Holmes: Whitney?
Papa Bear: Not trustworthy.

Holmes: Dawn?
Papa Bear: Angel.

Holmes: Ozzy?
Papa Bear: (Laughs) Asleep.

Holmes: And let’s finish with Jim.
Papa Bear: I would say…not loyal.

Ozzy being asleep can't be good.
Sounds like Whitney and Elyse and Jim are all snakes to him, but Keith is a good guy.

10-07-11, 04:39 AM (EST)
64. "Pre-merge possibilities"
Want to take a look at who might go out pre-merge and not return.

F3 with jury of 9 = 12. 18 players, 7 will be voted out pre-merge, 6 will be out of the game, 1 will return.

So far:
Four booted, two out of the game.
We have only three more boots before jury starts. Either two or three of those will leave the game and not play a big part in this season of Survivor.

Semhar, Papa Bear, we know.
Christine and Stacey, still in it.

Taking a look at who is getting developed or face time:

UPOLU

Long Term edits
Brandon
Coach
Sophie (because she has confessionals).

These two are big characters.

Albert and Rick
These two are alliance "safe" like Sophie, and strong. Their story is probably waiting for development until after the early boots.

Mikayla and Edna
Both have had boot stories set up, Mikayla earlier, and Edna in Ep 4. Edna is now in the worst position, as Brandon has made noises about getting over his obsession.

IMHO, if Upolu goes back to TC two more times, it will be Edna and Mikayla, likely in that order. I think that Coach, Brandon, Albert, Rick, and Sophie are safe; therefore Upolu will not lose more than half of the remaining pre-merge challenges.

SAVAII

Long Term Edits (IMHO)
Cochran
Dawn
Keith

Less clear
Ozzy
Jim
Elyse
Whitney

Ozzy and Jim have a lot of pre-merge story, but they are in danger and edited as players who are making early mistakes -- unlike Cochran and Dawn who were marked as toast but have very strong stories of making a comeback.

Cochran and/or Ozzy could get sent to RI and be the returnee. Jim, not so sure.
Whitney's strong connection to Keith is good for her. She got featured a lot in the pre-premiere promos, but she was not first boot. I think she'll stick around and be developed later. She may be little more than another Ashley, but her discussion with Keith seems to promise some game play from her.

That leaves Elyse as a Savaii with very little development or confessional action. I think that Elyse will be pre-merge.

If two more Savai'i go pre-merge:
Elyse and Ozzy, not necessarily in that order
or
Elyse and Jim
or
Elyse and Cochran
but not likely Jim and Cochran or Ozzy and Cochran.

I feel like Savai'i is going to self-destruct, and Upolu will do better.

Savai'i will boot one in Ep 5. The clues tell us that.
BUT, what about the classic double boot in Ep 6?
That would mean that Savai'i definitely loses two, and Upolu loses one.
True, there are 18 players, not 20, but a double boot pre-merge is better than a twofer tribal post-merge.

A double boot would make for a 3-way challenge in Ep 7 though.
But I digress.

I think it's very possible that Savai'i reshuffles its alliance structure to:

Jim, Cochran, Dawn, Keith, Whitney.
Keith and Whitney would perceive themselves as in a much better position than in the 3 + 2, as Dawn and Cochran are considered weaker players.

Lastly, the editing is telling us that this season, the RI player won't be the merge boot. The RI player will hook up with the opposite tribe to give them merge numbers, at least that's the talk.

Back to the current episode -- while Cochran or Dawn could narc on Jim, I really don't see what that gets them. The four beautiful people alliance has no place for them. They have to take out Elyse or Ozzy to change the dynamic.

10-07-11, 07:41 AM (EST)
66. "RE: Pre-merge possibilities"
Nicely done, OFG. Very thorough. I think you have presented a very accurate assessment and narrowed down the choices for both tribes. Interesting to ponder a double boot.

In the preview we see Coach in the trees searching for the HII. I do think he'll find a clue, because he's up in the trees searching. But, I think that Stacey and Christine's revelations at RI mobilize him. Most likely, Coach when he tells them if anyone calls him Benjamin, he'll lose his mind, is a reaction from what the witnesses at RI tell him....they are probably quoting Stacey and Christine. Whatever they tell him was said about him at RI will anger Coach, and mobilize him to search for the idol clue/idol.

Also, if Ozzy is booted in a blindside at TC, I am sure that that would send Coach off in flurry as well, as this is his game and he's not letting anyone mess it up!

10-07-11, 09:35 AM (EST)
67. "RE: Pre-merge possibilities"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-11 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

Coach has done surprisingly well so far, though I do think he is losing his grip on authority a bit. Brandon started pressing him last episode -- if that will continue, we'll see. The silly "Benjamin" thing aside, he probably realizes the HII will be handy to have when the merge comes, when he will almost certainly be wearing a target. (That said, I don't think a rock in a tree is a particularly obvious "tell" in a place recovering from a recent tsunami.)

If Ozzy goes to Boring Island with the HII in his pocket, or even having left it at camp, once again the producers and editors have their game story to play. They love the HIIs.

It becomes a question of whether the players really understand the HII rules in respect to RI. Jeff tweated last season that if a player takes the HII to RI it is still usable if it gets back in the game.

10-07-11, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Pre-merge possibilities"
Maybe there won't be a double boot. Maybe we'll have simply one boot per episode.

Anyway, I think the following people go: Ozzy, Elyse and ... sadly, Edna if only because Maxx Fisher indicates that Edna might be betrayed by Coach because he's all for the warrior alliance rather than the girls one.

10-07-11, 05:32 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Pre-merge possibilities"
Edna already found out from Brandon's spin-cycle enough to satisfy that one.

Why anyone believes him, if anyone does, is another matter.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-11, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I can't read the whole thread but I wanted to point out that if everyone is dismissing the possibility that Upolu goes to TC simply because Coach is seen looking for the idol, let's not forget that they already have two clues.

If Coach is looking for the idol (after saying he didn't like seeing Christine doing it) it's because he must think he's in danger. Coach's story took a serious downturn last week, his honor and integrity torn apart. The tribe could turn on him and he could be the big blindside.

I feel there's more potential for an Ozzy boot, maybe even Jim, but Coach is a possibility.

Thanks Agman!

10-07-11, 09:40 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Actually, Jim's scheme turns on Savaii having to go back to Tribal. I don't think we'll get another tanked challenge to make it happen, but for anything to happen at Savaii, for Jim to succeed or fail, Savaii needs to go to Tribal.

10-07-11, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
But the only evidence I have seen for Savaii going to TC is Coach looking for the idol. Pretty slim.

10-07-11, 05:19 PM (EST)
74. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-11 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

They've been writing one teaser for each tribe, every week.
Upolu's story is that Stacey feels wrongs and spills the beans.
The other teaser is about tribal council.

They did the same last week, gave us the teaser about someone recognizable as Brandon crying at TC and the Cochran-Jim pledging was the other teaser.

Also, we know there will be blindside and betrayal this week, and the whole set-up in Ep 4 fits with that for Savai'i. Coach is not going anywhere just yet, nor any other member of his alliance, but Savai'i is going to do a major flip-flop due to Jim turning to the fringe members for a power play.

10-07-11, 08:04 PM (EST)
76. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
I know that but I am asking if there is any vidcap evidence that Savaii loses the challenge.

Coach's story took a very quick nose-dive so everyone mocking him in the preview should merit some consideration.

10-07-11, 10:39 PM (EST)
77. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
There is no vidcap evidence that Savaii loses the IC that I've seen. We are all spec'ing that based on the "blindside" clue, figuring that with all the drama & potential for flipping going on at Savaii it has to be them that is going to TC.

I do agree, Coach scrambling for the HII is not a point in favor of Savaii being the tribe that goes to TC. Regardless of how others feel about it, it does give me pause. Nonetheless, I'm 99% committed that Savaii is going to TC at this point.

10-07-11, 10:42 PM (EST)
78. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
The "mocking" is at the arena, and probably Jeff is only answering a question. I doubt if Coach is at the arena, he already made the trip, so the news of Stacey and Christine trashing him in front of the Savaiis travels back to him at Upolu. He vows death to any weak Savaii who calls him Benjamin! Or some Coach nonsense.

10-08-11, 01:36 AM (EST)
79. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Just as Cochran and Jim's conversation regarding Elyse resulted in nothing last week.
As Coach's happens this week but Upolo doesn't go to tribal.
There is a small delay.
We need to visit the controversy over at Savaii first.

Plain and simple, there is no PROOF that Savaii is council bound.
We are all extrapolating on the teasers, tweets and touts.
In order for a blindside that has a lasting effect to happen; the Savaii 5 seem more ripe with rifts and controversy and ultimately MORE probable than the Upolu.

10-08-11, 02:49 AM (EST)
81. "RE: Episode 5 Boot discussion"
Yes, more probable but not certain.
There's over 75 posts all saying it's Jim, Ozzy or Elyse...No it's Ozzy, Jim or Elyse...I think it could be Elyse, Jim or Ozzy. That isn't for me so I like to challenge it.

10-07-11, 01:30 PM (EST)
70. "E5 web promo VO text teasers"
Am adding this here since SEG seems to be trying to give an editing story thru the web promo teasers. And it might be helpful in this thread's E5 Boot discussion and the various candidates story lines.

S23E5wp VO text
----------------------
VO: The new Survivor season is on!

VO: Coach and Ozzy are dominating competitors

VO: Confident

Coach: "I think I'm sitting pretty right now"

VO: And Cocky

Ozzy: "I feel like they're really becoming, my tribe"

Cochran: "Ozzy is becoming the arrogant fisher-boy"

VO: But will this nerd...

Cochran: " I don't have any outdoorsy skills"

VO: Seize control?

Cochran: "I don't care if Ozzy thinks we're all against him. We ARE all against him"

VO: Plus...don't miss the most outrageous matchup you'll ever see

JP: "This is a disgusting challenge"

VO: New Survivor, Wednesday. Only CBS
------------------------

10-07-11, 02:39 PM (EST)
71. "RE: E5 web promo VO text teasers"
Thanks! They are definitely making it seem like Cochran is the one calling the shot. But it really has to be a group effort. Dawn won't care, I don't think, but Jim and Keith may have different aims in mind.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-08-11, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
80. "The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-11 AT 04:26 AM (EST)

Jim is sitting at the cool kids table, but he’s an outsider there. Ozzy, Elyse, Keith and Whitney are the cool kids. Papa Bear pointed this out to Jim at TC, just before he was voted out.

Jim has also made a deal with Cochran to target Elyse as a way of weaking Ozzy’s position. Jim is playing both sides against the middle to hedge his bet,.

.Ozzy reveals the advantages of swimsuits and the disadvantages of going to the duel.

"It's more of a hassle to be away from camp just for the pure strategy of it. With Jimmy and Cochran gone from camp, everyone took a breath was able to relax. The vibe around camp was really nice. Jimmy's sort of a workhorse, he's always doing something, he's loud, he's boisterous, he's always sort of in people's faces, even if he doesn't mean to be. Having Jimmy and Cochran gone really changed the dynamic of the camp. That's the whole thing about leaving. The group gets a sense of what it's like when you're gone, and if they like that, you'd better watch out."

Last week the editors chose to show us Jim and Cochran making a plan to get rid of Elyse…a strategy revealed…and we know that most of the time, “strategies revealed do not succeed”.

We saw Cochran testing the waters about voting Elyse with Dawn, and Dawn suggesting that Ozzy would be her choice. But the bottom line was that they didn’y have the numbers.

Whitney from the insider clips:

"From where I sit right now, if we're judging on strength, Cochran is definitely the weakest in this group right now, after Papa Bear. I wouldn't say he's on my list as next to go, but if I judge it like that, and we have to go to Tribal Council next, I think it's pretty apparent, unfortunately. I love the guy, but we do have to do what's best for the tribe. So hopefully we win and we won't even have to think about it, but if we don't, I think it will be - unless he just does some miraculous thing during the challenge and wins us the challenge - I think it will probably be Cochran, unfortunately."

While the editing makes it appear that Jim and Cochran have a strategy and are in control, the reality is that the cool kids are still running the show, and Jim still wants to stay at their table.

A few episodes back Jim laid out the next three boots for us…Papa Bear, Cochran and Dawn…which we have forgotten about since then. But has anything really changed?

Jim approached Cochran and made a deal to vote out Elyse, but they don’t really have the numbers to pull it off yet.

Jim is playing both sides. The cool kids against the nerds with, Jim in the middle.

Jim may realize that they don’t have the numbers to vote out Elyse and flip back to take a seat at the cool kids table.

Cochran would be blindsided by Jim’s betrayal, and Jim would live up to Jeff’s pregame assessment of him…”Slimy”.

Krautboy

10-08-11, 04:15 AM (EST)
82. "RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim"
Saying "the nerds and Jim" is redundant. No bigger nerd than the nerd who is trying to fit in with the cool kids.

10-08-11, 06:53 AM (EST)
83. "RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim"
Great thoughts there, KB. And I like it. Last week the promo pointed to Ozzy, as the one the mastermind was aiming for, and it wasn't Cochran's plan, nor was the target Ozzy, it was Elyse. This week it is still pitting Cochran vs. Ozzy, as Ozzy as the target. Cochran or Ozzy going to RI would indeed fulfill a redemption story for either. Cochran could go, indeed! With Cochran thinking he's in good with Jim now, and all of the promos inferring that Ozzy is the one in trouble, it would be a blindside for most if Cochran were to be booted.

10-08-11, 07:39 AM (EST)
84. "RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim"
it would be a blindside for most if Cochran were to be booted.

For most of whom FP? This is a blindside of a player not us.

I hear what you are saying KB and it is worth considering. I don't think that Cochran, no matter how much Jim and the others say that it will be Ozzy, would let his guard down long enough to be blindsided at this point, although I guess it's possible.

He is the next to go, he knows it. Him trying to band the others together to save his own skin is Survivor 101.

The second part of Jeff's teaser is that this weeks action would create a flurry of activity next week. If it is a Cochran boot, which the tribe expected anyway, what possible flurry would occur?

This has turned into a great thread with lots of good reasons for a possible Ozzy, Jim, Elyse, or Cochran boot. We also have a mild reason for a Coach boot. My initial thought at the end of last episode was Ozzy was toast, I'm still there.

10-08-11, 11:20 AM (EST)
85. "RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim"
It's a good case for Cochran, but in my mind Cochran doesn't have the mentality to be blindsided. He's going to think he could go even if his tribe has immunity and he has an idol. He's that neurotic.

10-08-11, 12:25 PM (EST)
86. "RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim"
If it is, indeed, Cochran, than Jeff is using the term "blindsided" very, very loosely (again).

10-08-11, 05:26 PM (EST)
88. "RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-11 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

For most of whom FP? This is a blindside of a player not us.

Clearly, it is a blindside of a player, KO Fan. But, Jiffy and SEG have often marketed a blindside to the audience, and not so much for the players. I'd say that many times it's really not a blindside for the player, but it is from the audience perspective. It's the way they misdirect as well as foreshadow in the promos as well as in the editing of the shows. Jeff Probst also buys into it with all of his hype that he posts in his past blogs and such. This happens in every season, you know this...

As Krautboy so eloquently pointed out, what has really changed in the tribe make up? It's still the 4 cool kids + Jim, and Cochran and Dawn. If the cool kids aren't buying it, it's not happening. If the other cool kids stay true to their alliance, then Whitney points out in the insider clip that it most likely will be Cochran. Which, Cochran must realize, as do the rest of the Savaii tribe. But, the audience, us, we have been led down the Elyse path in the last episode, and now down the Ozzy path in the promos.

10-08-11, 07:09 PM (EST)
89. "RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim"
I like being behind the mild reason to boot Coach!

In the editing thread, I explain why I think it will be Ozzy but I give more reasons why it could be Coach. I think it's just a question of which one goes first because it could very well be one after the other.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7706.shtml#117

Jim and Brandon are "mild" possibilities.

10-08-11, 12:50 PM (EST)
87. "RE: The Cool Kids, The Nerds and Jim"
I can't really see it being Cochran this week. The conversation where Elyse was targetted must be setting something in motion. They didn't need to show it at all since Savaii wasn't going to TC last week, so why bother if it's just going to end up that Cochran gets booted after all.

Now that we have the quote from Probst that "it's a big one", and judging from Papa Bear's interviews, I'm inclined to move into the Ozzy gets blindsided camp.

10-09-11, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
92. "Insider Clip Pattern"
I've noticed that there has been a pattern in the insider clips. The pattern is that they are used for misdirection.

This weeks insider clips showed Whitney talking about Cochran as the most likely to go next. The also showed Ozzy talking about the dangers of being away at the duel and how nice it was in camp without Jim and Cochran around. In addition, Keith talked about wanting to get on Ozzy's good side and how Jim's performance in the challenge made him a more likely target now.

All the clips that hint at a possible boot target have been misdirection. Somwthing to consider moving forward...

Krautboy

10-10-11, 06:48 PM (EST)
93. "RE: Insider Clip Pattern"
The Insider clips make it more probable that Elyse leaves instead of Ozzy. Dawn seems the only one talking about eliminating Ozzy.

BTW: There is a way that 3 is bigger than 4:

Jim goes to Ozzy and Keith saying he is afraid Cochran has the hidden immunity idol. He begs them to split the vote between Dawn and Cochran just in case. Wanting to keep his idol a secret, Ozzy humors Jim and tells Keith they will put a couple of votes on Dawn. Keith and Whitney vote Cochran, Ozzy and Elyse vote against Dawn expecting Jim to vote against Cochran but Jim, Cochran and Dawn vote against Ozzy (or Elyse)

10-10-11, 08:19 PM (EST)
94. "RE: Insider Clip Pattern"
Or maybe Keith & Whitney agree to split the vote between Ozzy and Cochran and plan to have Ozzy use the HII, thus sending Cochran out of the game. Instead, Jim joins Cochran and Dawn in voting out Elyse!

10-10-11, 08:27 PM (EST)
95. "RE: Insider Clip Pattern"
That would work also but the Insider Clips really show that Keith is tight with Ozzy for now. He was happy to go out before Jim in the weight challenge so that he could tell Ozzy that Jim was the bigger threat. That tells me Keith is playing UTR, afraid to make a move.

10-11-11, 06:38 AM (EST)
99. "RE: Insider Clip Pattern"
Thanks for the pattern note, Krautboy!

They may be misdirection, I could totally see that.

Another way to see them is they are bits that were cut for a reason, because they weren't relevant to the story. They are relevant to letting us see where people are at at a certain point in time, but for whatever reason, the story didn't go down that road.

So they were cut.
Of course they are generally too long to have ever been included as a whole, but snippets could have been used.

I don't think there will be an idol flush. I think that it will be a simple blindside.
Not 3 vs 4, 5 vs. 2.

Whitney was clearly upset at learning Ozzy had the idol. That made her see the alliance situation she had going in a different light, as something Ozzy was going to run. Furthere, Ozzy and Elyse became more obviously bonded. Really STUPID of Ozzy to be cuddling in the hammock.

You know how that works out for Big Brother contestants.

They are probably playing cuddle at night too.
They've entered couple mode. Stupid Ozzy. Couple with an HII is too dangerous.
Ozzy has forgotten that newbie players really don't come to hand the million to returning players. And especially not after Rob won. He is not playing on an equal footing. He has to look non-threatening.

He said in the opening he was not going to do another showmance.

I think the flurry next week on Savai'i will be driven by the blindside, and that Ozzy is going to be on high alert, very likely to play the HII. On Upolu, when they see Elyse at the duel, she might say that her alliance stabbed her in the back or other stuff about the core alliance, and that could make Coach very paranoid.

10-10-11, 09:09 PM (EST)
96. "RE: Insider Clip Pattern"
Well, that would be dumb, they'd deserve to fall if they fell for it. Better plan would be for the four to vote as four and if Jim is still around next day he's been put in his place.

10-10-11, 09:58 PM (EST)
97. "RE: Insider Clip Pattern"
I don't see it that way: If they do vote as four and Jim is put in his place, he would certainly flip at the first occasion. Players have to consider a tribal switch could be coming up.

Players are enamored with the split-the-vote strategy so it could be used against them.

10-11-11, 01:00 AM (EST)
98. "RE: Insider Clip Pattern"
Well, what I meant about whether Jim were still around -- he wouldn't be.

Why keep your fifth wheel when he's working against you and you have two others willing to move up?

10-11-11, 11:39 AM (EST)
100. "Kudos SBlows"
Two objectives with this post...

1) push the thread post count to 100! ....amazing...considering there is an active source spoiling out there that dampens the fervor.

2) To congratulate the SBlows spoiling posters for a job well done. They got after it early-on and often, attacking the clues, teasers and vidcaps relentlessly to narrow down the possibilities. And dissected them in a civil manner inducing respect and dignity among us all. Thank you SBlows for not giving up the ship in the face of apparent charted currents toward a boot choice. It's always more fun (even if occasionally errant) to take on the challenge and decide for yourselves. And that's why we're here right? Enjoy the moment...of the game, of our comaraderie and of life. Kudos SBlows!

10-11-11, 11:47 AM (EST)
101. "RE: Kudos SBlows"
Thanks BF, I agree. This thread has several great ideas and well developed plots. Right, wrong or indifferent we all got to express our views. I loved being part of this, it is what spoiling is all about!

10-11-11, 02:25 PM (EST)
102. "RE: Kudos SBlows"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-11 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

While the 'spoiling' of Survivor may not be rocket science or Theoretical Physics...it might meander along the path of giants.

Richard Feynman (1965 Nobel prize winner in Physics and renowned observer and independent thinker extraordinaire) reveled in the realm of curosity and the pleasure of finding things out. In fact it was his joie de vivre.

And he would have made an incredible spoiler of Survivor, should he have chosen that subject as his diversion.

"...The whole universe is very strange, but you see when you look at the details that the rules of the game are very simple...the mechanical rules by which you can figure out exactly what is going to happen when the situation is simple. It is like a chess game. If you are in a corner with only a few pieces involved, you can work out exactly what is going to happen, and you can always do that when there are only a few pieces. And yet in the real game there are so many pieces that you can't figure out what is going to happen – so there is a kind of hierarchy of different complexities. It is hard to believe. It is incredible!..."

Richard Feynman - 'Take The World From Another Point Of View' - 1973

It has been my experience as well...that the pleasure *is* in finding things out.

10-11-11, 09:35 PM (EST)
103. "RE: Kudos SBlows"
BF: Thanks for bringing your wonderful spirit and philosophy to SBlows. You've been a great addition to our group and you make SBlows a better place through your participation!

Thanks!

Krautboy

10-11-11, 10:16 PM (EST)
104. "RE: Kudos SBlows"

I agree, Freddy, you rock. And I am so grateful that you count yourself as one of us, here at Blows! And, I still get a kick out of uploading my very own vidcaps...! Thanks, there's alot you can teach us!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •