The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-29-11, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
Thanks to Volcanic Glass for providing next week's title, "Survivalism."

Sounds like it could refer to something that Cochran or Jim would say in relation to their "deal" that we see in the promo? I.e., he's doing it because it's all part of survivalism.

CBS hasn't posted this week's clues yet, but here is Jeff's teaser from EW:

"We revisit a classic challenge and at least one Survivor has a chance to break a record set years ago by Rupert “America’s Choice” Boneham." (Must be the heavy lifting challenge where Rupert set the record at 220 lbs. Who might break that?)

Jeff also said on twitter that we'd see the 1st betrayal of an alliance next week. Is he referring to Jim and Cochran per the promos? I'm figuring that's misdirection but it does seem to imply that Ozzy's tribe goes to TC? Which team is more likely to do well in the weight lifting challenge?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism" emydi 09-29-11 1
   RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism" PepeLePew13 09-29-11 3
       RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism" Brownroach 09-29-11 4
           RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism" emydi 09-29-11 5
               RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism" SquidProQuo 09-29-11 6
               RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism" Brownroach 09-29-11 7
 RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism" dabo 09-29-11 2
 RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism" Flowerpower 09-29-11 8
 Misdirection Clues Flowerpower 09-29-11 9
   Oops! Cross-post! Sorry! kiki_k 09-29-11 11
   RE: Misdirection Clues Brownroach 09-29-11 12
       RE: Misdirection Clues kiki_k 09-29-11 13
           RE: Misdirection Clues Corvis 09-29-11 14
               RE: Misdirection Clues SquidProQuo 09-29-11 15
 CBS clues kiki_k 09-29-11 10
   RE: CBS clues SquidProQuo 09-29-11 16
       RE: CBS clues kiki_k 09-29-11 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-11, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-11 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

my money is on

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/62876

although Brandon may redeem himself

ETA

Whoops I forgot about this pic

I think KO is right in Vidcap thread...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-11, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
I think Dawn might be the hero in the lifting challenge, but she won't break the 220 lb record - it'll be a male. But I think she's the last one still standing in the end as they might be targeting the big guys first.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-11, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-11 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

Did Poopert win the challenge holding up 220 lbs.? I don't remember. (I choose to forget most things about Poopert.)

The way Probst says the contestant "has a chance" to break the record suggests the person gets laden with more weight than Poopert but can't successfully hold it up. I'd say it's probably Albert. Giving Dawn the win for Savaii?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-11, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
I believe Poopert lost that challenge bc too much weight. Andrew won it didn't he?

09-29-11, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
Yes, just looked it up and the Morgan tribe won in Pearl Islands because Poopert's tribe split the weight evenly between the 3 people vs. Morgan loaded it all on Rupert.

This morning when I googled I found a source that said that Rupert holds the record, but now I can't find it on Wikipedia or anywhere so who knows if it's accurate. I did find something on Youtube where JT talks about winning this challenge for his team, and he evidently dropped out at 220. They called the challenge "the strongest man alive" in Tocantins, so perhaps JT tied the record.

JT talks about how herding sheep, etc. helped him to do well in this challenge, so I wonder if that Marlborough looking older man would do well? Is he a farmer type? (Still don't know names) And of course we have the vidcaps of Albert and Brandon.

Can't think of what other record Poopert would hold other than weight lifting? Unless it's holding your breath under water or playing up for fan favorite.

09-29-11, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
Yes that's right, Andrew won.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-11, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
vince3 siggies may be used by everyone

Welcome back.

Shaky alliances seems to be the theme. While Coach has done a surprisingly good job this time in fostering the loyalty theme, his alliance of five includes drama queen Brandon who just can't give it up. We haven't heard from Rick or Albert, but Sophie doesn't trust the loose cannon. Coach thinks he can keep Brandon under some control, and in fact while Brandon does listen to the voices in his head he also goes running to Coach. I suspect that Sophie and Albert are just trying to calm Mikayla because they have no control over Brandon.

Ozzy's alliance doesn't know anything about real loyalty or trust, mostly they are just out to use each other to get further in the game. Keith would like to depose Ozzy at some point, with Whitney backing him up. Jim would just like to move up the ladder right now because he's fifth of the five. Elyse's position, whether she's backing Ozzy or really more buddied up with Whitney, is unknown.

Cochran and Dawn need to shake the alliance and see what happens, possibly Cochran suckers Jim into shooting himself in the foot.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-11, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 4, "Survivalism""
As Jiffy noted they are going to revisit a classic challenge and one will have a chance to break the record. It sure looks like it's going to be the lifting challenge. I thought I'd pull up the challenge from Pearl Islands:

Immunity Challenge: Tribe members would be forced to hold a pole on their shoulders behind their neck. Periodically, weight would be added to the poles. The castaways would decide which poles the weight would be added on for the opposing tribe. Last tribe standing wins immunity.

And here is how the challenge unfolded: At the Immunity Challenge, Morgan chose to add all of the weight to Rupert's pole, while Drake decided to spread the weight evenly among the Morgan tribe. Morgan's strategy worked, as Rupert could not hold the weight. In the end, Christa couldn't compete against that last two Morgan men left, giving Morgan yet another immunity win.

Then here is the challenge as it unfolded in Tocantins, during episode 4, it was a reward challenge and the winners got to send 2 members from their tribe to the losers tribe and they could steal 2 items.

At the Reward Challenge, Brendan, Tyson, and Debbie shouldered the weight for Timbira, and J.T., Joe, and Taj for Jalapao. Brendan dropped out first when he was about to carry 220 pounds (100 kg). Tyson dropped out next at 140 pounds (64 kg), leaving just Debbie for Timbira. J.T. carried 220 pounds (100 kg) before dropping out next, tying the weight carried by Rupert Boneham in Survivor: Pearl Islands. Moments later, Joe dropped out at 140 pounds (64 kg), leaving the two women to continue the challenge. Just as both women were to move to carrying 120 pounds (54 kg), Debbie dropped her pole, giving Jalapao their fourth straight challenge victory. In a rare show of sportsmanship for Survivor, Taj congratulated Debbie for a "hell of a job".

Who from each tribe is likely to go? Coach did NOT participate in this challenge, instead Tyson did and only lifted 140 pounds.

For Upolu we see the two guys are Albert and Brandon. I would bet that Mikayla will do it for them. Sophie, while bigger than Mikayla, is not as strong, imho...I don't know...?

For Savaii Jim is wider and shorter but is he as strong? Keith? I don't know, Ozzy? Definitely NOT Cochran, that's for sure. We know Dawn will win it. If this challenge is set up like the Tocantins one, then it could come down to the girls, and we know that Dawn will indeed win. I am thinking that the Savaii's will win this challenge, sending Upolu back to TC.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-11, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Misdirection Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-11 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

From they say at Mess Hall, our misdirection clues:

A CASTAWAY TURNS ON HIS ALLIANCE AND TEAMS UP WITH AN UNLIKELY TRIBE MEMBER, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 5
CHEAT TWEET: Too soon? A castaway turns on his alliance and teams up with an unlikely tribe member. #Survivor 10/5 @ 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/qHnn7b

"Survivalism" - One castaway is brought to tears when confronted with his past during an emotional tribal council, and another turns on his alliance and teams up with an unlikely tribe member. Meanwhile on Redemption Island, the second castaway is sent home, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Oct. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Wow, the clues are getting more and more blatant! Obviously, the Castaway that turns on his alliance is Jim and he's teaming up with the unlikely "mastermind", Cochran. Then clearly the castaway brought to tears when confronted with his past at the emotional TC is BRANDON. So, the Savaii's are winning the IC, sending the Upolu's to TC.

The only thing left to solve is will Christine beat Papa Bear at the RI Challenge?

Edited to edit all of the "clearly's"!

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-29-11, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Oops! Cross-post! Sorry!"
I just posted same thing below -- must have started same time as you did, FloPo!

I'm with your assessments 100% -- Brandon cries at TC about "his past" so Savaii wins IC.

Definitely Jim teaming up with Cochran at Savaii, but it comes to naught for now.

09-29-11, 06:08 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Misdirection Clues"
I am noticing a pattern: every week TaliHantz is going to be mentioned in the teasers.

Episode 2: A CASTAWAY'S STRUGGLE WITH HIS INNER DEMONS COULD SEVER AN EARLY ALLIANCE

Episode 3: One castaway reveals a shocking secret to their tribe

Episode 4: One castaway is brought to tears when confronted with his past

How much more of this are we going to have to take? I am already sick of this storyline, and of TaliHantz himself.

09-29-11, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Misdirection Clues"
I am already sick of this storyline, and of TaliHantz himself.

Amen, brother.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-29-11, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Misdirection Clues"
Double amen!

09-29-11, 06:24 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Misdirection Clues"
Triple that! (And I haven't even watched all the episodes yet but I'm still sick of him)

09-29-11, 05:59 PM (EST)
10. "CBS clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-11 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

"Survivalism" - One castaway is brought to tears when confronted with his past during an emotional tribal council, and another turns on his alliance and teams up with an unlikely tribe member. Meanwhile on Redemption Island, the second castaway is sent home, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Oct. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The first part ("One castaway is brought to tears when confronted with his past during an emotional tribal council") makes me think it is Upolu that goes to TC & it is Brandon who cries about his past. I *wish* they'd just send that nutjob packing, but they probably want to drag him as the goat to the finals. ARGGGH!

Still, pretty sure "the other" who teams up with the "unlikely tribe member" is all Jim & Cochran teaming up per the previews -- just that it comes to naught for now, as Savaii wins IC.

09-29-11, 06:26 PM (EST)
16. "RE: CBS clues"
Brandon cries but he unfortunately won't be booted, right? So who are the boot options, Christine's friend the mortician lady? Or Edna? (Or will coach protect her for now?)

09-29-11, 07:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: CBS clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-11 AT 07:32 PM (EST)

Has got to be Stacey or Edna, IMO. There are some spoilers (scroll down if you wish to see -- DON'T GO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maxx Fisher hinted in his Episode 3 spoiler article that Coach "does Edna dirty" because he is all about "Bros before hos" (god, how I hate that sexist expression, but if the misogynistic shoe fits -- and it definitely fits Coach) BUT does not indicate *when* that betrayal will happen. Another spoiler on Sucks says the boot after Papa Bear (who was a big baby according to production) is "someone 'sassy' who all of production liked" which has to be Stacey, IMO. It was allegedly from a person in production whom this poster met in a bar, so take it FWIW (not much, granted, *except* that it fits the logical boot order at Upulo).

eta -- more room to scroll.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •