The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My vote tonight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-14-04, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My vote tonight"
Best of the show tonight is QUENTIN TARENTINO.

FINALLY! A good guest judge.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My vote tonight callalilly3000 04-14-04 1
   RE: My vote tonight shedevil 04-15-04 2
       RE: My vote tonight JOSHIDOL 04-15-04 7
           RE: My vote tonight Handola 04-15-04 20
 RE: My vote tonight Godd3ss 04-15-04 3
   RE: My vote tonight Handola 04-15-04 21
   RE: My vote tonight theincrediblehugey 04-17-04 30
 RE: My vote tonight smiley 04-15-04 4
   RE: My vote tonight littlemisssmartypants 04-15-04 5
       RE: My vote tonight Handola 04-15-04 22
 RE: My vote tonight CantStandToLook 04-15-04 6
 RE: My vote tonight Monicanada 04-15-04 8
   RE: My vote tonight mom_of_many 04-15-04 9
       RE: My vote tonight brvnkrz 04-15-04 10
 RE: My vote tonight unitabackup 04-15-04 11
   RE: My vote tonight brvnkrz 04-15-04 12
       RE: My vote tonight unitabackup 04-17-04 27
   RE: My vote tonight shedevil 04-15-04 13
       RE: My vote tonight unitabackup 04-17-04 28
   RE: My vote tonight I_AM_HE 04-15-04 19
       RE: My vote tonight unitabackup 04-17-04 29
 RE: My vote tonight managerr 04-15-04 14
   RE: My vote tonight emydi 04-15-04 15
       RE: My vote tonight ginger 04-15-04 16
           RE: My vote tonight StarryLuna 04-15-04 23
               RE: My vote tonight ginger 04-15-04 24
   Ear Delicious MandyM 04-15-04 25
 RE: My vote tonight grit 04-15-04 17
   RE: My vote tonight UmmYeah 04-15-04 18
 RE: My vote tonight So_Opinionated 04-16-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-14-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My vote tonight"
QT was great! But Fantasia knocked my socks off, she touched me with her performance, I loved her voice! Someone finally gave me the goosebumps, Fantasia has my vote. This will be the first time I vote during the finals. Fantasia was EXCELLENT!!!!

Next was Jennifer, Latoya, John S., JPL, Jasmine, Diana

(I missed George's performance, so I couldn't rank him tonight)

Tonight was the best week since week one.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-15-04, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My vote tonight"
>QT was great! But Fantasia
>knocked my socks off, she
>touched me with her performance,
>I loved her voice!
>Someone finally gave me the
>goosebumps, Fantasia has my vote.
> This will be the
>first time I vote during
>the finals. Fantasia was
>EXCELLENT!!!!
>
>Next was Jennifer, Latoya, John S.,
>JPL, Jasmine, Diana
>
>(I missed George's performance, so I
>couldn't rank him tonight)
>
>Tonight was the best week since
>week one.

You really did yourself a favor by missing George, he was horrible and painful to listen to. Fantasia did great but I liked Jennifer's song better. Quentin is a great and honest judge. It's a shame he can't take Paula's place. I loved what he told Jennifer you could tell he is a real big fan of hers, and so am I.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My vote tonight"
George was not horrible to listen to. I actually thought Fantasia was horrible to listen to and to watch. At lest George picked a different type of song. Porgy and Bess, Summertime, how old is that, you may has well rank her with John Stevens.

Handola 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-15-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Handola Click to send private message to Handola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: My vote tonight"
Summertime is a beautiful, timeless song and a brilliant choice on Fantasia's part. It was made famous in the '60's by Janis Joplin and has been sung by all the great jazz singers-old but excellent. She stepped it up and made it new. I love George, but Against All Odds will NEVER sound like anything but an '80's song. NEVER.

You must be a young one, huh Josh? : )

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Godd3ss Click to send private message to Godd3ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My vote tonight"
QT was great. I agreed that he should be added! What surprised me was some of the favorite movie choices. Granted, I love Finding Nemo. It is such a cute movie and I love Fishies, but favorite? I dont think so. There is nothing really quotable from it, you know? I would have said Pulp Fiction hands down - "Say WHAT one more time ... "

04-15-04, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Handola Click to send private message to Handola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: My vote tonight"
Well, their young. Maybe their movie experiences have been few and far between. Or maybe they were desperately trying to find a movie that somehow represents their struggle to be the next Idol. Can you imagine any of them saying that A Clockwork Orange was their favorite movie?

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-17-04, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: My vote tonight"
I wasn't at all surprised that Fantasia and LaToya both chose Finding Nemo. They both have young children.

In my experience, mothers of young children don't get to talk to many grown-ups, and they hardly ever get to see grown-up movies.

Speaking as a mother whose kids watch every animated movie video at least a bazillion times, I can assure you that Finding Nemo is a gem.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-15-04, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My vote tonight"
I*heart*Quentin Tarantino

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-15-04, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My vote tonight"
Hey all,
On a (sadly) rare date last night and I couldn't watch. Just curious who QT liked and didn't like. If anyone has time to jot down some highlights of his comments, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

04-15-04, 05:54 PM (EST)
22. "RE: My vote tonight"
He liked Jennifer, Fantasia, and Latoya the most, but he said on Access or one of those shows that he is rooting for Jennifer.

He told John Stevens that he did good but that he is not a fan of John's.

He liked JPL, thought he really sold it.

He told george that he made him forget that he hates "Against All Odds" as a song

He told Fantasia that she was da bomb. and LaToya is a power house.

He was the best guest judge EVER!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My vote tonight"
QT was definitely the best guest judge they've had in all three seasons. He didn't shy away from saying you suck, if they were bad (and he did even when all three judges thought otherwise) and at the same time has enough character to say "It was good" even to a constestant he didn't like (poor Johnny Red).

I was bummed no one did any songs from Pulp Fiction...there were so many great ones. (of course a few of them had already been sung in other rounds)

Handcrafted by RollDdice
blatantly causing cross-threading confusion since..eh..today

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-15-04, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My vote tonight"
QT was probably the most honest guest judge they've had. He was a little over-excited at times, but I'd love to see him permanantly replace Paula!

Created by the amazing J Slice!
Go Habs Go! Please!?! <\*desperation*>

mom_of_many 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-15-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mom_of_many Click to send private message to mom_of_many Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My vote tonight"
A guest judge who actually judged? Gasp!
I was a little ticked at Paula though.Right at the end when Seacrest was thanking QT for being there and being as honest as Simon, she said, "Yeah, too bad"
Does she want him to lie? Or maybe say useless comments like Ashford and Simpsons "You have nice eyes"?

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My vote tonight"
It's funny because when they said QT was going to guest judge I couldn't think of a worse idea. I was not going to be open to him as a judge, but I hae to disagree with myself. I thought he was great. And very true about the useless comments, who cares about their eyes. He was fun and I hope AI will get more judges like him.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.

unitabackup 175 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail unitabackup Click to send private message to unitabackup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My vote tonight"
Sorry. I have to disagree.

I like the guest judge thing they're doing but at least have something relevant to add. Apparently, they need to stick with music industry people.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: My vote tonight"
You don't have to apologize when you disagree Unit, that's what we want, we want differing opinions. That said, I respectfully disagree with you.
It was the music industry people that commented on the eyes and the looks. It seems that the music industry judges will only offer their opinions when they are positive and they seem to shy away from being honest when the singer are bad. I too loved the fact that QT told Jon he was not a fan.
I think QT telling Fantasia to get back to her wild roots was relevant.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.

04-17-04, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail unitabackup Click to send private message to unitabackup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: My vote tonight"
Hello brvn!

Giving any positive feedback to JPL was like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. 2 thumbs down.

In general, QT was "all-aight" but I don't care to hear him speak again. Sort of like how John and JPL have tortured their song choices - it was like "what is he saying"????

Just one word to QT - unitabackup.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: My vote tonight"
>Sorry. I have to disagree.
>
>
>I like the guest judge thing
>they're doing but at least
>have something relevant to add.
> Apparently, they need to
>stick with music industry people.
>

Paula is "music industry people" and look what that does for the show, nothing. Quentin's comments were more relevant and honest than any comment Paula has ever made.

04-17-04, 00:56 AM (EST)
28. "RE: My vote tonight"
About 1 to 10 percent of Paula's comments have been relevant and I generally like Paula but she should be removed because this "you know, you were...., I like (fill in blank here).

Please.

Better than Paula. OK. Better replacement of Paula. Nope.

Much as I would love to see Tyra Banks guest judge I wouldn't expect her to have the ear for music that I think is required to be a judge. I don't always agree with what Randy and Simon hear but the percentages are well in their favor.

I do agree with you though in general - with the state of music today, the majority of music industry folk should get the Trump treatment - You're FIRED!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: My vote tonight"
I agree. He was better than most guest judges, but that doesn't make him good - kind of like everyone being stupider than Rawb doesn't make him smart.

He looked and sounded like he forgot to take his medication.

And George improving every week? I think he's gotten worse every week. It's a shame, because I really liked him at first, but I'm completely over him now. The best thing about his performance was no stupid dips!

04-17-04, 01:00 AM (EST)
29. "RE: My vote tonight"
Yes, he took the wrong pills for the day - I totally agree with that.

George is good though - I didn't like him at first and I certainly didn't like his last performance - but he's grown on me simply because he can belt out a song and he has some sort of energy as well. I hope he does well after AI. Will he win? No. Should he win out of all the contestants? No.

But, look at AI2 - ANYTHING can happen.

:O

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-15-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: My vote tonight"
I still thought that Gladys was the best guest judge ever, but Quentin is very close. He didn't say that anyone outright sucked, but no one was really terrible tonight. I liked him.

I actually think that they don't need to have music people as guest judges. They have the music insider (Paula), the background musician (Randy), and the Record Producer (Simon). What they need now is a consumer. Quentin fits the mold because his job is to actually choose singers and songs. (Much like a consumer chooses which CD's to buy) He's energetic and intelligent.

I shuddered when they brought back Neil Sedaka and he said "ear delicious" again. I hoped to have never have to hear that term again.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: My vote tonight"
The reason I think QT did so well is that he is a big FAN of the show. He was in the audience last year and somewhere I remember it saying that he edited Kill Bill Vol. 2 around the AI schedule.

They need to get celeb judges that Love and WATCH the show every week.

Also, I thought a good contest would be: Win a chance to BE A GUEST judge on AI. What would the requirements be? 10000 posts on Reality.com?

emydi

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: My vote tonight"
He won my approval as a judge when he commented on Diana's performance of The Song That Won't Die. Something like, sure you got all the notes, but who cares? We are all sick of that song. Bonus points for not mentioning Kill Bill 2 more than a few times.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-15-04, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: My vote tonight"
I agree Ginger. I was glad he said that. I had a feeling Diana was going to attempt the Song That Must Not Be Named and it was, predictably, not good.

"No woman ever falls in love with a man unless she has a better opinion of him than he deserves."

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: My vote tonight"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-04 AT 06:33 PM (EST)

Plus, he nailed the problem. She really did hit all the notes and everything...I am still grappling with why Diana leaves me completely cold. She is certainly competent, and consistent.

Maybe she needs to do an Elvis number.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-15-04, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Ear Delicious"
Ear Delicious is what Neil Sedaka said? LMAO!!! I thought he said "You're delicious" to Seacrest and I was wondering what that was all about! LOL!

MM Maybe this world is another planet’s hell

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-15-04, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: My vote tonight"
I loved QT but my kids (ages 11 & 12) thought he was really weird. (Well, he is but that's beside the point...)

I thought he was terrific - his comments were honest (are you listening, Paula?) without being nasty (are you listening, Simon?). I think it's great that he's such a fan of the show - it really showed when he was talking to each contestant.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

UmmYeah 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UmmYeah Click to send private message to UmmYeah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: My vote tonight"
I think I have to agree with your kids. He was pretty weird...However, I did like that he wasnt like the others who thought if they said something bad their careers would go down the drain or something.

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 05:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: My vote tonight"
I wasn't expecting QT do provide any real insight BUT he was GREAT. In fact, fire Randy and bring on QT.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •