The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Intro Speculation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-11, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Intro Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-11 AT 09:56 AM (EST)

I went to You Tube to try and get the Survivor Intro Video, and thanks as always to Survivor Phoenix who already had it there, I was able to view it.

There are various spoiler shots in the intro video. I uploaded and captured some...I speculate that there are 2 future challenges shown. The first new challenge is a water challenge of some kind where Ozzy and Brandon are shown jumping onto a water board of some kind and on their go, they are immediately pulled forward...I captured the shots of Ozzy in sequence. See how he forcefully lands on the board and yells GO to take off....

Ozzy:

And Brandon, also yelling go...

Clearly, you can see his big HANTZ tattoo on his left arm, he's shirtless, so this is after he decides to come clean with his tribe...So, if we know he's going to disclose his heritage in ep 2, this challenge could possibly be the Ep 2 IC, OR it could be in Ep 3, possibly.

Next, there is a lifting challenge. We see a shot of Albert lifting a heavy thing across his upper back here....

And, here's Brandon in the same challenge, I have drawn a red arrow in to show the blue beam he's lifting is exactly like the one that Albert is lifting....

There are 2 possibilities with the lifting challenge. Either it's another leg of the maypole challenge, note the overcast lighting, OR, it's another challenge, either the Ep 2 IC, or the Ep 3 IC

Interesting to note that Brandon is seen in the water challenge and the lifting challenge. So, if the lifting challenge is leg 2 of the maypole challenge, and that's for reward in ep 2, and then the water challenge could possibly be for immunity in ep 2. So, I don't know if these shots can provide any spoiler info regarding surviving ep 2's TC or not.

One other picture of Mikayla in a bathing suit, which they will all get for the water challenge, I'm sure....

Here is my take. I think that the may-pole challenge could indeed be a reward challenge. But, I do NOT think that the lifting challenge is the same challenge as the may pole challenge. That being said, we have vidcap proof of three challenges:

May Pole:

Lifting:

Water:

Therefore, I can assume that Brandon lives to see episode 3 and is not the boot for Ep 2.

ETA: Just went over to Sucks Mess Hall and I see that they have also posted some of the Intro shots. Modesty Blaiser posted this one of Keith, which also appears to be from the "lifting" challenge....I had thought he had been rowing, but clearly, it's lifting...

Now having second thoughs, maybe the lifting shots could be shots of another leg of the May Pole challenge...?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Lifting challenge Flowerpower 09-16-11 1
   RE: Lifting challenge kingfish 09-16-11 2
       RE: Lifting challenge Flowerpower 09-16-11 3
           RE: Lifting challenge Corvis 09-16-11 5
               RE: Lifting challenge Brownroach 09-16-11 8
   RE: Lifting challenge suzzee 09-16-11 6
 RE: Survivor Intro Speculation chinadj 09-16-11 4
   RE: Survivor Intro Speculation Blind Freddy 09-16-11 7
       RE: Survivor Intro Speculation chinadj 09-16-11 11
       RE: Survivor Intro Speculation PepeLePew13 09-16-11 13
 RE: Survivor Intro Speculation Blind Freddy 09-16-11 9
   Keith Flowerpower 09-16-11 10
       RE: Keith Modesty 09-16-11 12
           RE: Keith Flowerpower 09-16-11 15
               RE: Keith Modesty 09-17-11 18
                   RE: Keith Blind Freddy 09-17-11 20
               RE: Keith tribephyl 09-17-11 19
   RE: Survivor Intro Speculation PepeLePew13 09-16-11 14
       RE: Survivor Intro Speculation Flowerpower 09-16-11 16
       RE: Survivor Intro Speculation Blind Freddy 09-16-11 17
           RE: Survivor Intro Speculation Flowerpower 09-17-11 21
 Dawn and Jim Flowerpower 09-19-11 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-16-11, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Lifting challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-11 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

Shots of the Lifting challenge: From Modesty Blaiser:

From Me:

To me, it looks as though Albert and Brandon are wearing matching sweaters. Albert also has a black scarf on and Brandon has some kind of coat on??? You can see the lining of the garment and the hems.

Speculation: The may pole challenge is a reward challenge and the winning team gets CLOTHING, sweaters and rain coats? Possibly Upolu wins the May Pole challenge, and then the lifting challenge is ep 2 IC....

Clearly they have matching turtleneck sweaters on while Keith is lifting in his old plain clothes, so the lifting challenge is after the Upolu's have won a great reward...fwiw. I also think that the water challenge is most likely in ep 3, therefore more than likely that Brandon and Ozzy both survive to ep 3...

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-11, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lifting challenge"
Thanks for the posts, FP, you're a real peach.

And thanks for the insight, sharp as usual, you've carved away a lot of the mystery.

But I have doubts about a couple of things. First, I believe the sweater that Albert is wearing is what he showed up with on the island. I think that his sweater is just bunched around his neck giving it the appearance of being a turtleneck. He also has something else to pad the bar on his neck.

And I don't think it is the same as what Brendon is wearing. What Brandon has on is a hoodie or a rain coat (I think you're right, it seems to indicate that they received clothing) which also seems to be a bar pad, and his turtle neck is actually his tribal buff. I think.

Also, I am puzzled by the lifting challenge, Keith's bar is in front of him with hands positioned as if is doing one thing with it (lifting his body over it?), and Albert seems to be doing a heavy squat. We really can't see Brandon's bar so we don't what he is doing, except that he seems to be exerting force. So maybe he's doing what Albert is doing. And perhaps Keith is just getting into position.

It seems like an un-Survivor like challenge for them to be lifting weights (perhaps smaller tribemates, or coconuts?), and for two on one tribe being heavy lifters

09-16-11, 01:32 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Lifting challenge"
KIng: You are absolutely right! Wow, what a color difference though! It did look like a turtleneck to me, and it looked like Brandon had one on as well, but that just must be his buff. I have to admit, I found it very strange that they might win turtlenecks....lol! Well, they did have to climb the poles for turtles and end the puzzle with a turtle on top...could have been a theme....

Well, now, what do we think....is the lifting challenge the second leg of the may pole challenge, OR, is it an entirely different challenge??

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-16-11, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lifting challenge"
I think it's probably one of those endurance challenges where the strong players of the tribe have to hold a bar with some sort of weights. First used in Survivor 2 with Colby vs. Mike. Weight gets added by the other tribe, people drop out and the last one standing wins it for their tribe.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-11, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lifting challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-11 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

That's what the shots of Albert and Brandon look like to me.

I'm not completely sold that the shot of Keith is from the same event. First, as has been pointed out, he is holding the pole in front of him whereas Albert and Brandon are balancing theirs behind their necks. Also, Keith's pole looks narrower than the one in Albert's shot -- since those close-ups are at about the same distance, Keith's pole should appear thicker if anything, as it is in front of him rather than behind.

Keith's also looks rather sloppily taped over with jagged red strips, whereas Albert's pole looks more neatly smoothed out. But that could just be a trick of the video captures.

And what is the thing next to Keith's right hand, at the far left of the shot? It appears to connect with the pole.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-11, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lifting challenge"
It looks like Brandon has Edna's jacket on his neck. She's wearing it in the group picture.

A Tribe masterpiece

chinadj 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-16-11, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chinadj Click to send private message to chinadj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Intro Speculation"
I was watching the opening segment and there were two things I noticed. The opening was a bit different this season, as Jeff wasn't in a helicopter or on a volcano, etc. But as he said his usual spiel about " 39 days, etc., as he said One Remains, they flashed a shot of Sophie.
Might be coincidence or misdirection? maybe nothing.
The other thing was that they did some mini-profiles of 5 of the 16 new Survivors.
It was John (Cochrane), Elyse, Rick, Stacey & Brandon.
So are these the people CBS wants us to root for, or think of as distance players? I PVR'd the episode, but haven't had a chance to rewatch, so I'm just remembering what I saw in the moment. I live in Canada, so I can't access any of the videos on CBS or You Tube. Unless anybody knows of a site that plays the Survivor vids in Canada?
Maybe next week they will profile others? But Jeff said they weren't going to 'waste time' with long intros any more?
Well, just my 2 cents worth, not sure what it means, if anything.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-16-11, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor Intro Speculation"
Re: 'I can't access any of the videos on CBS or You Tube'

This trick works on some(but not all) You Tube videos for out of US viewing.

How to bypass YouTube Region Filtering ?

YouTube uses your computer IP address to determine your physical location / country. In order to bypass these country-specific restrictions on YouTube, try this trick:

For example, for a video of the S23 Intro...if the URL of the YouTube video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRONGH8R0Bw - just replace the /watch?v= part with /v so your new URL becomes http://www.youtube.com/v/JRONGH8R0Bw

Give that a try.
Caveat: you might get this error message if embedding is disabled by the video uploader. 'This doesn’t work as embedding is disabled for the video'

Hope this helps

chinadj 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-16-11, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chinadj Click to send private message to chinadj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor Intro Speculation"
Thanks BF!
I'm going to try that! I'm not too 'tech-savy' but that sounds pretty easy!
I know there's lots of people with the same frustrating problem, so I'm hoping you've helped a lot more than just me!
Keep up the good work, I've always appreciated your opinions.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-11, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor Intro Speculation"
Another thing that I do to bypass the U.S. only restriction – I’m in Canada – is to turn on Hotspot Shield (www.hotspotshield.com) and it creates a “virtual private network” that masks my IP address. With this, I’m able to access U.S.-only sites and also it’s useful for traveling as public wi-fi places can be filled with hackers waiting to snoop into your private information (there’s more of them than you think at places such as Starbucks, hotels or other places offering up free public wi-fi access).

Give it a try if BF`s idea doesn`t work for you. It`s also useful for accessing Hulu to view movies, TV shows, etc.

09-16-11, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor Intro Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-11 AT 06:45 PM (EST)

Here's another shot from the Intro show what looks like a similiar rope and tether attached to a blue(Upolu) Body Board. And the black shorts likely belong to Brandon again as well.

Re: the Keith shots w/the pole. I isolated the keith footage and put it in SloMo for better understanding of what's going on. To me it looks like Keith is cranking on a pole attached to a lever. To me this doesn't look like the same strong man lifting chal. Your take? Note the lever arm on the left side of the image

O/T Note: I tried to embed the video but couldn't figure it
out. Is it possible on this bd?

BF

09-16-11, 06:26 PM (EST)
10. "Keith"
I agree, guys. When I first saw the shot of Keith, I thought it was him rowing the boat. I didn't even upload that pic because I didn't think it was a challenge shot. I only brought it over here because they had talked at Sucks Mess Hall that it appeared to be him in the lifting challenge.

I don't think it is from the lifting challenge.

Modesty 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-16-11, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Modesty Click to send private message to Modesty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Keith"
Sorry to confuse you Flower - I should have been more specific. I'm on a really steep learning curve just making my own screen caps! I think the first three pics that I posted - Brandon and Ozzy in the water plus Keith winding the crank are all from the same challenge a la season 16. There may be some variations to it but Ozzy's done this one before.

I think the other one is the standard "holding the sand-bags challenge" that we've seen many times before. Unless there are two challenges in episode 2, I think these are both future episode challenges. We'll know more when they release some better sneak peeks.

09-16-11, 09:50 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Keith"

Hiya Modesty! Thanks for stopping in! You and I are BOTH on a really steep learning curve with making our own video captures, my friend! No worries.

That makes alot more sense to me! Keith is pulling the crank. I don't quite remember it from Micronesia, but I'm sure if water is involved Ozzy will smoke it.

I agree regarding the lifting challenge, that we have seen many times before. I think Andrew Savage from Pearl Islands was the first to win that challenge, no?

I am thinking that perhaps we will have 2 challenges in ep 2, so I think maybe one will end up being from episode 3....hopefully we will get some more to work with. Thanks for stopping by!

Modesty 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-11, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Modesty Click to send private message to Modesty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Keith"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr_MXv_V95Y&feature=player_detailpage

Sorry but I'm a failure at embedding. Apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks but it takes a bit of time!

That's the one from Micronesia if it helps. I'm sure you'll remember it once you see it.

09-17-11, 01:24 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Keith"
Some vidcaps from that S16-IC7 chal

That wheel crank prop looks like a match to what Keith is pulling in the S23 Intro vidcap

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-11, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Keith"
Challenge synopsis via Wiki...

Episode 7:
Immunity Challenge: A tribe member would race across a floating bridge carrying one end of a rope. The rope would then be attached to a bundle of giant puzzle pieces. The rest of the tribe would turn a winch that would reel in the bundle and the tribe member back to the beach. Five bundles would need to be hauled to the beach in this manner. Two tribe members would then assemble the puzzle pieces.

Ozzy played in this challenge and set up his Malakal tribe with an early lead. However, Eliza and Jason would win it for Airai during the puzzle portion.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-11, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor Intro Speculation"
>O/T Note: I tried to embed the video but couldn't figure
>it out. Is it possible on this bd?
>
>BF

Here`s what I do to embed videos on this site:

When copying over embedded links from sites such as Youtube, not only do you have to convert all < and > into the brackets that this site accepts, but also have to remove the "http" in the URL (leave the // in place).

Here's what the coding looked like for the video I posted some time ago:

{iframe title="Government confirms Rapture!" width="425" height="349" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mc5nOdKZotc" frameborder="0"}{/iframe}
(replace the curly brackets with the straight brackets that this site accepts)

Like this...

(click on Reply With Quote to see the code for the video)

09-16-11, 09:54 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor Intro Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-11 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

Hi Freddy! I just wanted to jump in here and tell you that you are amazing!

09-16-11, 11:55 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor Intro Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-11 AT 00:48 AM (EST)

Right back-atcha Flopo!
And thanks Pepe...I thought I had tried every angle to get that to work. I went thru the FAQs & help but must have missed something...lol. Well we'll give it another shot.

Bingo!....you're my hero Pepe!!!!

So...repeating the clip info from before....this is the clip of Keith w/the pole. I put it in slow motion. Watch the lever arm attached to the pole at the left of the frame. Keith is definitely pulling the pole to move/rotate the lever arm.

Thanks again Pepe!

09-17-11, 08:14 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor Intro Speculation"

You guys have all nailed it! It sure does look to be that challenge. Thanks so much for posting it! Ozzy should do extremely well in this challenge, but who will do the puzzle for the Savaii's. Gosh, I sure hope they don't have Cochran do it, by his own admission he says he's not too good at puzzles. Saw that in a video clip of him. Maybe Jim and one of the girls, Dawn, most likely could be really good at puzzles.

Most likely Edna and Sophie for the Upolu's...maybe even Coach...

09-19-11, 11:32 AM (EST)
22. "Dawn and Jim"
Kona at Mess Hall had posted this shot of Dawn and Jim. I had noted it as well, and concluded it was of Dawn and Jim hugging. But, I had neglected to look at the clothing...

She is wearing her jacket as well as Elyse's sweater. Note for comparison...

It really looks like Jim is lifting up Dawn in celebration. With all of those clothes on, perhaps, as Mess Hall suggests, she has added these clothes to pad her shoulders for the lifting contest. It was specified in the pre-game bios that she can bench a substantial amount of weight now, and she sure looks cut. Looks like Dawn will win her portion of the challenge, possibly the challenge. Who knows, maybe it comes down to her....she looks really really happy.

If this is the case, then participants in the weight lifting challenge: Brandon, Albert, and Dawn.

Most likely Mikayla or Sophie would participate for the Upolu's. Ozzy, Keith, Jim could all participate for the Savaiis?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •