The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vidcaps, Episode 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-11, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vidcaps, Episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-11 AT 08:11 AM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Fever for the Vidcaps:

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Probst (starting challenge): Go!

Probst: Cochran's at the bottom of the totem pole.

Probst (calling challenge): Cochran getting caught up in a ribbon.

Probst: So he reinvents himself as a working machine.

Cochran: New Cochran doesn't follow mommy's advice.

Probst: And...Brandon's secret weighs heavy.

Brandon (camera confessional): I felt like I was being dishonest with Coach.

Probst: Which awakens the Dragonslayer.

Coach (camera confessional): I think that he has demons. There's going to be an a$$ whipping.

Looks like they have to unravel the pole first. Whitney, Elyse, Dawn, and Cockroach for the Red tribe, while Stacey, Sophie, Christine, and Mikayla unravel it for the Upolu's. Note Edna is on the bench. I do NOT see an idol, could this be for reward? Have they gotten rid of reward challenges though? Shouldn't this be for Immunity?

Boy, Coach is fried...serious sunburn.

A couple things to note. Jiffy said that someone is finding the HII this week, and that someone makes a disclosure. Surely, Brandon is going to spill his name. Why do these losers have a need to SPILL everything?

Regarding the idol, someone could stumble onto the clue at either camp. It's a crap shoot.

The boot candidates so far....Cochroach and Brandon. ETA: I just want to say that with Cochroach getting the first confessional of the newbies, I seriously doubt he will be going ANY TIME SOON. He's going to be one of this season stars, imo. I could be wrong, but just my thoughts. I think he's the misdirection.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2 dabo 09-15-11 1
 RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2 Flowerpower 09-16-11 2
 New Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 09-18-11 3
   Maypole challenge = IC Flowerpower 09-18-11 4
       RE: Maypole challenge = IC Scarlett O Hara 09-18-11 5
           RE: Maypole challenge = IC PepeLePew13 09-19-11 7
               RE: Maypole challenge = IC Blind Freddy 09-19-11 8
                   RE: Maypole challenge = IC Flowerpower 09-19-11 9
                       RE: Maypole challenge = IC PepeLePew13 09-19-11 10
                           Maypole Challenge = RC? Krautboy 09-19-11 11
                               RE: Maypole Challenge = RC? Brownroach 09-19-11 13
       RE: Maypole challenge = IC Modesty 09-18-11 6
 'Crate Escape' Blind Freddy 09-19-11 12
   RE: 'Crate Escape' Flowerpower 09-19-11 14
   RE: 'Crate Escape' Blind Freddy 09-20-11 15
 RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2 dabo 09-20-11 16
   RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2 Brownroach 09-20-11 17
   RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2 Blind Freddy 09-20-11 18
       RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2 dabo 09-20-11 19
 EP2: 2 Day Episode? Krautboy 09-20-11 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-11, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2"
No duel next time so there is room for a separate RC in the episode, after that there will probably be combined Reward and Immunity challenges for awhile.

09-16-11, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2"
Modesty Blaiser over at Mess Hall noted this frame:

Note there is a ring with a key on it connected to the tether....when it's unwound, they will be able to get the ring with the key in order to do some unlocking in another leg of the challenge.

09-18-11, 08:24 PM (EST)
3. "New Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-11 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Fever, once again!

Transcript:

Announcer: Survivor's wildest season has just begun. Coach and his tribe won the first Immunity. Wednesday will Ozzy lead his tribe to victory?

Ozzy (at challenge): Pull it out Cochran, pull it out. Come on!

Announcer: Plus, can Russell's nephew still keep his evil family legacy a secret?

Coach: I just think that he has demons. That we don't know about...

ETA: My take: I don't know, it just appears that Ozzy is smacking his head, and Jim is mad, but if you take a look at the promo down below, it appears that they actually finish the slide puzzle and call for the others to join them....I bet they all have to get on the mat at the end....you can see when the others(Elyse, Whitney, Cochran, and Dawn) start running over to them, that the other Upolu's are still on the mat! Looks like they are going to move ahead and possibly win this challenge. BTW, It also appears that they must get that key that is at the top of the maypole, take it and unlock the chain that prevents them from going to the next portion of the challenge.

You can see that Elyse is the one that brings the key over to unlock the chain. And, off they go. It looks like it is some kind of a slide puzzle...Ozzy and company figure it out first, and call for the others to join them. Looks like they could pull it out!

Here is the full promo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3-jjhZcXG4

Here they are working on the puzzle side by side...

Here is the vidcap where they finish the puzzle and yell, COME ON! You can see Ozzy waving come on with his arm as well...

Then, here are the MayPole players after being called by the other group that just completed the puzzle, over....note the Upolu MayPole Players still on their mat, while their tribe mates continue to work on the puzzle...

Judging by this picture of the challenge arena:

You can see the puzzle portion, then there is a big mat at the end, and I think they all must race to the mat, first tribe complete on the mat wins....I'd call this a WIN for Savaii!

I just can't see the II anywhere in the arena. I am still wondering if it is a reward challenge...?

09-18-11, 09:46 PM (EST)
4. "Maypole challenge = IC"
I think that the maypole challenge is indeed an IC. I think I spot the II...

Here is the overhead from the challenge arena:

Notice there is a table right smack in the middle of Ozzy's forehead...adjacent to the last mats of the challenge.....(or, is that a smaller puzzle that must be completed? I'm leaning toward those being mats for the finishing tribe.) I have circled it below...

Then, here is what may be the II on that table...

I circled the area in question...

Could that be that little wooden idol?

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-18-11, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Maypole challenge = IC"
Flo Po - I think you've got it! From these vidcaps, it clearly looks like the Savoii tribe will finish before the other. Ozzy will lead his tribe to victory this week!

That also does clearly look like a table there at the end of the challenge. Not sure if that's an idol we see by coach though.

Ozzy still is a cutey ... even if he does have hair like Scarlett O'Hara!

"Your'e amazing -- own it!" ... Ami Cusack talking about Ozzy

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-11, 05:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Maypole challenge = IC"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-11 AT 05:50 AM (EST)

There's certainly a table there, but I blew up the picture and tweaked the contrast, colour, brightness, etc. and there's nothing that can be seen in that picture between Coach and the other person there.

Good job on picking up the table in Ozzy's forehead (which does appear to have something resembling an idol on it there), FloPo! No wonder you found it, you'd have been staring at Ozzy anyway.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-19-11, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Maypole challenge = IC"
I agree with Pepe. I don't see anything conclusive in this pic anyway. The overhead pic of the Ozzy forehead table could have it tho.

09-19-11, 02:02 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Maypole challenge = IC"

I agree guys, but what I was really looking at was the table there. Is that the same table that is circled in Ozzy's forehead...speaking of forehead, I hope he is well...wish he'd come back!

It may have the idol on it as seen on Ozzy's forehead, but I don't know. It could also be a table for the reward. But, that shot of it by Coach, clearly, there is nothing that we can see on it. I'm still perplexed.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-11, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Maypole challenge = IC"
Don't forget that the editors could easily have edited the immunity idol out in that kind of "close up" but chose to not bother with the one in the Ozzy forehead as it is barely noticeable. The one in Blind Freddy's post looks like it could easily be Photoshopped out.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-19-11, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Maypole Challenge = RC?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-11 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

Here is the aerial view including the table/platform in question…

Notice part of the platform visible to the right of Ozzy…Jeff may be standing on it, just out of the frame, just having approved the Savaii solution to the puzzle.

In this picture of Cochran, we see a small raised platform behind him in the same location as the "table" we've been speculating about. There is no Immunity Idol visible on the platform. There is no other small square platform seen in the aerial shot of the challenge site.

A simple explanation could be that this is the Team RC and the platform is used by Jeff at the end of the puzzle phase to give him enough elevation to have an overview of the puzzle crates, so he can determine when a tribe has got the puzzle correct and can move on the the last phase.

In the shot of both tribes working on the puzzle, they may have just started, and Jeff has not yet climbed up onto the platform to get the overview.

It is very possible that this is the RC and one of the other two challenges identified in the introduction vidcaps is this week's IC.

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-11, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Maypole Challenge = RC?"
The sequencing of the clips and voice-overs about Cochran in the first preview is more suggestive of this being the RC, imo.

First we are told that Cochran is "at the bottom of the totem pole", while we see him screwing up the maypole challenge; as a result (the voice-over implies), he "reinvents himself as a working machine."

Now in the wake of the last TC, he probably decides to reinvent himself immediately, before any new challenges occur. But since this challenge is being tied in the preview to his "before" persona, it seems less likely to be the IC -- where he would be reverting to his useless former self after having been attempting to change.

The voice-over doesn't equivocate about his reinvention -- there is no "will it be enough to save him?" added afterward. It seems to imply success. So I think this challenge probably happens early.

Modesty 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-18-11, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Modesty Click to send private message to Modesty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Maypole challenge = IC"
Great job Flower.

You've pulled off some serious detection work with very little to go on and I think you've nailed it. There's still no evidence of any other challenges this week so maybe this is a combined reward/immunity after all.

Since I'm at work and unable to access any tools I'm really grateful to you for all this analysis.

Cheers!

09-19-11, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "'Crate Escape'"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-11 AT 06:37 PM (EST)

The name of the chal is 'Crate Escape'. Still no official indicator of RC/IC.

It appears there is no 'caller'... all four of each tribe are working on the crate puzzle.

Edit to add fullsized pics (ty Mayan Sun @ SF)

and here's one of Semhar at RI

09-19-11, 08:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: 'Crate Escape'"
Thanks for posting, Freddy. Still no siting of the idol or of any reward. And, note that Jeff is not standing on that table to get an overhead view....we see him walking around...

We have only been given one challenge in all of the promos. And, the few shots of the lifting challenge and the water challenge are great action shots. I would suspect if one of them were to be in this ep, we'd be seeing all kinds of vidcaps. So, at this point, I am thinking there will be only one challenge this week.

09-20-11, 02:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: 'Crate Escape'"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-11 AT 03:24 PM (EST)

The new Behind The Scenes chal preview shows how the chal works.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2137012187/survivor-south-pacific-crate-escape

After the Crate puzzle is solved by the crate crew, the maypole crew(?) unlocks a chain which allows everyone to pull the largest crate out the front(far end) of the puzzle and everyone carries it over to the smaller finish platform...to win the chal.

No mention of RC/IC....just Survivor Challenge.

09-20-11, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2"

Who is sitting out?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-11, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-11 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

Looks like Edna to me, she has a light blue top and brownish-gray slacks.

09-20-11, 02:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2"
Looks like Edna
Here's all the Upolu that are participating in the chal. All 4 men are doing the Crates while the four maypolers watch.4 Upolu Maypolers ID(l to r): Mikayla, Sophie, Stacey, Christine

...that leaves Edna

IC1 Edna

E2chal sitout

09-20-11, 03:06 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Vidcaps, Episode 2"
TY, BR and BF! So, the most at risk Upolu do participate in the challenge, Edna should be safe.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-11, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "EP2: 2 Day Episode?"
Kona over at the Mess Hall has confirmed, with Time Stamps of the press photos, that Episode 2 is a two day cycle.

The shot of Senhar on Redemption Island taken on Day 4 and the Maypole Challenge on Day 5.

Combined with the abscence of any other challenge photos, this seems indicative of a single combined RC/IC.

If that's the case, the vidcaps appear to show Savaii with a significant lead going into the final "crate carrying stage of the challenge. So, Upolu is most likely going to TC.

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •