The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff on Video - talks about how Ozzy and Coach similar"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-02-11, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff on Video - talks about how Ozzy and Coach similar"
from EW.com

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/01/survivor-south-pacific-jeff-probst-ozzy-coach/

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how... michel 09-02-11 1
 RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how... Gothmog 09-03-11 2
   RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how... michel 09-03-11 3
       RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how... SurvivorFan101 09-03-11 4
           RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how... michel 09-03-11 5
       RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how... kiki_k 09-11-11 8
 Survivor Preview Puffy 09-08-11 6
   RE: Survivor Preview kiki_k 09-11-11 9
 RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how... Outfrontgirl 09-11-11 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-02-11, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how Ozzy and Coach similar"
The only part of that interview that was true was when he said that Coach and Ozzy suck at this game. Two of the absolute worst strategists.

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-03-11, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how Ozzy and Coach similar"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-11 AT 09:04 AM (EST)

The timing in the video is interesting. In the first few seconds, Jeff, wearing a blue shirt, khaki shorts, and a baseball cap says to the camera: "Season 23. 1st immunity challenge. Here we go." He then changes clothes, and Dalton Ross explains that Jeff just finished shooting the opening of survivor "a few hours ago." So it seems to be the same day because Jeff still has paint on his legs, despite the change of clothes. Jeff calls it the "Opening Day challenge" (carefully not using the word "immunity"). In the midst of the conversation, we see flashbacks to Ozzy and Coach breaking their paint eggs (hence the paint on their legs).

Given the vidcaps in the other thread, then, was the opening challenge for immunity? Or did Jeff misspeak? Or was that footage from a different challenge, and not the opening day? (The vidcap thread noted that Jeff had a slightly different shirt on when he greeted Jeff and Ozzy than later; and he's wearing a baseball cap later.) Was the ensuing challenge, then, the one between Ozzy and Coach while their tribes watched on the sidelines? My guess is that the opening shot of Jeff is before the 2nd challenge and that the conversation is after the 1st challenge. A little bit of flim-flammery going on here.

Later in the video, Jeff says, "Judging from the first 5 minutes, it doesn't seem like Coach has (learned from his past mistakes), and it looks like maybe Ozzy has." Then he adds, "Semhar is short for this game." Semhar is on Ozzy's tribe.

It's interesting that Jeff identifies Coach as a target on the blue tribe and Semhar (not Ozzy) on the red tribe. (My apologies for not knowing the names of the tribes yet, so I'll continue to distinguish them by "red" and "blue.")

Since this is the first day, Jeff doesn't know yet who is toast, but he might at this point know which tribe has immunity. (Although I suspect, as I argued above, that the editing only makes us think that the first challenge is immunity.) I wonder if Coach's tribe lost the first challenge (if it's for immunity) because of the way Jeff talked about the decision NOT to give Coach and Ozzy immunity for the first TC. In the whole video, Jeff talks reluctantly how much he likes Coach, yet how bad he is at this game, how he hasn't learned from his mistakes (whereas Ozzy may have.) Tying that into the lack of immunity for the two returning players, we might conclude that he thinks Coach is in trouble, and that the blue tribe has lost the first challenge (which might be, though probably is not, for immunity.)

One further question: do we have any history of how Jeff's early suspects have actually fared? He's clearly targeting Coach (blue) and Semhar (red) in this video. Are those distractions or likely first boots? Does it make a difference that this video comes from EW and not CBS?

Edited to clarify that first challenge might indeed not be for immunity.

09-03-11, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how Ozzy and Coach similar"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-11 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

Lately, Jeff has spoiled the show so I wouldn't get attached to Semhar.

As for Ozzy learning from his mistakes, I doubt it. We know that they rarely do. He may start with the intention of changing but he won't, they never do.

Anyway, it's not as if Ozzy never tried to strategize: He threw a challenge to boot Billy, he organized an alliance with Cecilia, Sundra, Cao Boi and Flicka to go after Becky, Yul, Jonathan and Candice, he wanted to go with Nathan against Yul, he worked with Joel to eliminate the weak links in NuMalakal but all his alliances were dumb and poorly built. They fractured themselves.

The only times he was remotely successful with his alliances was when he followed Yul and then Parvati. Both times, he was pretty boxed in so his idea of change will be to lead and vote out threats. It'll work a while until the others see him as the next threat. Then, he won't know what hit him again.

SurvivorFan101 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-03-11, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorFan101 Click to send private message to SurvivorFan101 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how Ozzy and Coach similar"
But getting voted out is not the end of your game with the Redemption Island twist. I think they WANT RI as part of the game just to show that someone with a strong challenge game can succeed. If I were a betting person, I lay odds that Ozzy ends up on Redemption Island and makes his way back into the game at the end.

09-03-11, 09:33 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how Ozzy and Coach similar"
"But getting voted out is not the end of your game with the Redemption Island twist"

Don't get me started on the lameness of that twist. Of course it's specially made for Ozzy. As it was made for Russell and Rob. That only makes it worse.

Hopefully, if the players are smart, they vote him right back off the island. Anyway, as jury member I would never give the win to a player that had been voted out.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-11-11, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how Ozzy and Coach similar"
But the really sucky aspect of both Coach & Ozzy's games were the *social* aspects, not necessarily the strategic aspects (although neither was great at that either). In the 1 hour Survivor preview special on the TV Guide Network (TVGN) Jeff explicitly states that both Ozzy and Coach "suck at the social aspect of the game."

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-11, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Survivor Preview"
The TV Guide channel is showing a one-hour Survivor Preview show several times before the premiere.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-11-11, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor Preview"
Links on youtube (for those who might not have access to TV Guide Network)

Part A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=802okRp3fxI

Part B
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHvkCYML8aU&feature=related

Part C
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuaQFrZ_igY&feature=related

Part D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWOzFun9Nis&feature=related

Part E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2cz88PsJhU&feature=related

Part F
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7DU_7Ucgrc&feature=related

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-11, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jeff on Video - talks about how Ozzy and Coach similar"
Jeff's detailed video cast assessment is up at cbs.com -- forgive me if it's posted in some other topic ...

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2120745645/survivor-south-pacific-jeff-probst-cast-assessment

Never heard him be THAT definite about who should be first to go -- Semhar.
He is a big fan of Woody, I mean Cochran, well go listen for yourselves

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •