The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 23: Contestant Rumors"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-11, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 23: Contestant Rumors"
Why oh why is CBS doing this to us? Danni at Survivor Skills is reporting that Brandon Hantz, son of Russhell, is on Season 23.

http://survivorskills.com/forum/index.php?topic=7787.0

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors michel 07-01-11 1
   RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors CTgirl 07-01-11 2
       RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors SpotTheDifference 07-01-11 3
           RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors michel 07-01-11 5
       RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors michel 07-01-11 4
           RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors Estee 07-01-11 7
 Wait... Estee 07-01-11 6
 Clarification CTgirl 07-01-11 8
   RE: Clarification Round Robin 07-03-11 9
       RE: Clarification tribephyl 07-03-11 10
           RE: Clarification michel 07-03-11 11
           RE: Clarification KimberA00 07-13-11 12
               RE: Clarification Estee 07-13-11 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-11, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors"
If you're asking why, maybe you didn't read Jiffy's response to Beatles at Sucks over the fact that he doesn't care anymore of what old time fans think:

http://survivorsucks.com/topic/83779/An-Open-Letter-to-Jeff-Probst-SEG-CBS-Jeff-Responds-p-3?page=3

Jeff: "...you don’t like Redemption Island. I get it. Fair enough. I’m not saying it’s the end all be all either. I think it’s a twist worth exploring and that’s what we’re doing. When you’ve been on the air for 11 years and 22 seasons you have to try new things. It’s the invoice for being successful for this long. You have to give the audience "The same thing only different." You can make fun of that line but if you want to know how storytelling on a successful show works, it can be summed up with that line. "The same thing... only different....

...Maybe you don’t feel we listen to YOU specifically, but generally speaking we listen. The job of a producer is to listen to the criticism, both good and bad, and then decide what they think is best for their show. For example, if I listened to every person who said Russell should never be on the show again, we would not have asked him back for Survivor: Redemption Island. Yet, one of the highest rated and most talked about episodes in our history was the night Russell finally left the game…for good."/

I guess he feels that the son is the same thing... only different.

07-01-11, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors"
The question was rhetorical. I know why: ratings. But the show has jumped the shark and if it weren't for my involvement with Blows, I would no longer be watching Survivor.

I understand the "same thing, only different" concept. I'm not a fan of Redemption Island but I understand why they tried it. But next season they are doing returning players and Redemption Island and Russhell Junior. That is too much same thing, same thing for me. I hope Brandon is his own person and doesn't try to copy his father; that's the only way he has a chance.

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-01-11, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors"
that's the only way he has a chance.

He could always use a fake identity a la Gary Hawkins. That is, if he doesn't look like his father.

07-01-11, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors"
They don't generally use last names so maybe he'll start out that way but I have a feeling that he'll wind up telling his allies to rely on him because he's Hantz's son. Hantz Sr. couldn't hide being a millionaire.

07-01-11, 02:52 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors"
"That is too much same thing, same thing for me"

Well said; that's how I feel also. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that sonny boy will be trying to avenge his father, prove that he was right in playing the game like a jackass.

Thank you for bringing this over. I guess it's hard to be thankful for such distasteful news but it is what it is. What is the record for most jumped sharks by a series?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-11, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 23: Contestant Rumors"
it is what it is.

'It is not what it should be, but what can I do about it?' I don't know about you, but I'm going to maintain my quit,

What is the record for most jumped sharks by a series?

At this point, the poor shark's twisted around so much to catch the target, it broke its own neck.

07-01-11, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Wait..."
...isn't RussHell too young to have fathered a minimum-age contestant?

Jeff gave up on listening a long time ago.

07-01-11, 10:15 PM (EST)
8. "Clarification"
It's his nephew. Now that makes it all okay now/sarcasm.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_south_pacific/2011_Jul_01_brandon_hantz

He spells only slightly better than Rooster.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-03-11, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Clarification"
Hope the dude learned a thing or 2 by watching his (in)famous uncle play Survivor 3 times and lose the finals twice. I doubt RussHell will win if he ever plays again because he will never learn how to close the deal. Hopefully the nephew will learn from where his uncle went wrong.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-11, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Clarification"
at 18 years of age, it's highly doubtful.

I'd bet against a Hantz apple falling far from the family tree.

07-03-11, 02:29 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Clarification"
>I'd bet against a Hantz apple
>falling far from the family
>tree.

I'd bet that a Hantz apple can only be rotten.

KimberA00 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-13-11, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KimberA00 Click to send private message to KimberA00 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Clarification"
I'm guessing that tree doesn't even fork.

07-13-11, 07:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Clarification"
Clearly someone was doing some forking.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •