The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tina's opinion of Jerri (as of 3/2)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Josiehart 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-01, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Josiehart Click to send private message to Josiehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tina's opinion of Jerri (as of 3/2)"
Looks like Mitch visited Tina in TN.

Interesting part of the article:

Olson mentioned that he favored Amber Brkich and Jerri Manthey, but Wesson made a face and stuck out her tongue at the mention of Manthey's name. Olson flashed a smile.

Apparently, Tina and Jerri don't resolve their differences during the merge.

http://www.knoxnews.com/entertainment/tvradio/24749.shtml

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Watch your back, Tina! AyatollahKhomeini 03-02-01 1
   I'm not so sure about Jerri yet... Josiehart 03-02-01 2
       Double-cross AyatollahKhomeini 03-02-01 3
           RE: Double-cross colbysincharge 03-02-01 4
               RE: Double-cross dangerkitty 03-02-01 5
                   RE: Double-cross ala Jerri... Dalton 03-03-01 6
                       RE: Double-cross ala Jerri... dangerkitty 03-03-01 7
           RE: Double-cross Kokoro 03-03-01 8
               RE: Double-cross Lurking 03-04-01 9
                   Jerri's Gifts to Mom IceCat 03-04-01 10
                       RE: Jerri's Gifts to Mom shakes the clown 03-04-01 11
                           RE: Jerri's Intelligence vs. Jerri'... IceCat 03-04-01 12
                               RE: Jerri's Intelligence vs. Jerri'... managerr 03-05-01 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Watch your back, Tina!"
Jerri's knife is headed toward it.

BTW, Josiehart, I wish you had posted a vote this week, because you were one of the few who thought the burn happened in E6 and knocked Michael out (though I never read your post until after the show).

Josiehart 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-01, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Josiehart Click to send private message to Josiehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I'm not so sure about Jerri yet..."
Thanks AK..

I was still getting used to the board - just sitting back observing until I get a better feel of this new board!

I was pretty sold on Michael for 2 reasons - we had evidence of the burn and no pictures of an immunity challenge.

Anyway, I think Jerri pisses Tina off now but I think this is evidence that Ogakor is weak at the merge and is not able to unite against the strong Kucha team.

The article was published on 3/2.

If Okagor is able to oust Kucha one-by-one, it would mean they would have to stay united. During this time of alliance - you would think the remaining Ogakor members could get over their differences to eliminate Kucha. Tina's reaction does not support that, although it could just mean that Jerri and Tina got into it after Kucha is gone.

Also, remember Jerri is an actress - she knows that she has pissed off her tribe. Why not transform into someone that everyone likes? I wouldn't put it past her. I think she'll be around for a couple more weeks. (Remember the wrapped gifts that her mom is not allowed to open until the final episode?)

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-01, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Double-cross"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-01 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

If Ogakor did pull it together and start to vote off Kucha, and then Jerri (and Amber?) later stabbed their teammates in the back by joining with one or two Kucha to vote the rest of Ogakor off, I think Tina would have had the same reaction. And I think that's consistent with Jerri's sealed present to her mom, not to be opened until the final episode -- meaning Jerri makes the final episode. It's also consistent with MB's characterization of her as a black widow spider, especially if she votes off Colby before he suspects anything.

I think the Kuchies lose Jeff first, then Alicia, which allows Keith to take over the cooking. Jerri bides her time. Meanwhile, Colby sticks up for keeping Jerri around until Kucha is gone, despite Keith and Tina's concerns. One more Kucha goes, and then Jerri strikes. BANG! OUCH! says Colby. BANG! BANG! OUCH! OUCH! say Keith and Tina.

And Michael thought he lost the hard way? Not compared to being voted off by Benedict Jerri!

colbysincharge 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-01, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colbysincharge Click to send private message to colbysincharge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Double-cross"
Editing
Since mitch was booted, we no longer see the black widow spinning its web. It had become so commonplace as a preview when Jerri was shown, that it seems to be embedded into our minds. But I just watched the last 2 eps, on fast-forward, and no spider references at all.
Maybe we should keep our eyes open for the return of this subtle editing, and then we will know when, or if, she strikes.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-02-01, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Double-cross"
She does have the snake flitting out it's tongue before her pictures in the opening credits. That has always been there, correct? Is that as significant as the black widow stuff?

Of course, Kimmi has the croc opening its mouth before her picture, that doesn't seem to have any meaning, unless it's that her mouth is as big as a croc's.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-03-01, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Double-cross ala Jerri..."
Hi DK, I reran the credits again and the frame of
the snake darting out its "forked-tongue" followed
by Jerri appeared to me a simple visual of the old
Western movie "she speaks with forked-tongue" which
is Native American for "she is a lieing, cheating,
double-crossing, sorry excuse for a woman!!!"

Jerry made no bones about charging into Kucha starting
up trouble; she was going to "take people down with her".

Just my opinion...spider time is over. Snakey Jerri is
looking for fresh kill.

D.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-01, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Double-cross ala Jerri..."
Thanks, Dalton. You know, what scares me about the snake in the credits is the famous snake characterization of Dicque. And he won. I don't like any clues that hint that Jerri might win.

Here's my thought (and hope)... If Jerri were to win, I may be less likely to watch S3 - I'd be angry and frustrated. Many others may feel the same way. Right now, I would get a lot of pleasure in seeing Jerri ousted. But what's better for the drama and in the long run for MB? Will we be more hooked, now and for S3, if we not only hate Jerri but have serious fear that she is to be the winner? And then when we have just about given up hope, down she goes in a ball of flames? Liberty and justice for all!

(I understand, of course, that this is not a fix of the outcome but the way he chooses to manipulate the editing and characterize the players, heartlessly toying with our emotions)

Also, I know that there is a lot of time left and we don't know how the merged tribe will interact, but even if Jerri gets to the final two, could she get the votes to win? I know, too far ahead to speculate, but based on what we know now, she pisses off and alienates more people than she befriends. If that pattern holds, she is either out or won't get the jury votes.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-03-01, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Double-cross"
<<And I think that's consistent with Jerri's sealed present to her mom, not to be opened until the final episode -- meaning Jerri makes the final episode.>>

This is a ~very~ confident move, which could even mean she's the new millionaire....the only thing against this is how she's being edited. Would they really want Survivor to be seen as survival of the meanest?

Buuut there's also the comment that MB made to a reporter along the lines of "You may be sitting here in a few months surprised that the most innocent person won the game."

So what does that give us? lol not much really! Speculation abound 'till it's all over ^-^

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-04-01, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Double-cross"
All that statement gives us is a glimmer of hope, but it's one that I'll hang on to for the moment.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-04-01, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Jerri's Gifts to Mom"
First post on this board...

I'd like to say thanks to everyone on this board for providing a MUCH nicer board than SS. I got kicked out of there after making one post, but that was then... this now.

With repect to Jerri's gifts to her mother, we should remember that Jerri's primary motive in all this is to seek puplicity for her own acting career. If she had failed to make the final four she would, no doubt, be desperate to head off any rumors to that effect. What better way than to leak this gift story to the press.

My personal opinion is that it will be a straight-away sweep of the Ogakors in the path of the 'Let's Do it for Mike' juggernaut of the Kuchas. The only fly in that jar of ointment is the uncertainty over the rules covering a post-merger tie.

Once again, thanks to you good folks for having a board that is civil and open to everyone's opinion. I don't miss the SS Nazis one litle bit.

IceCat... formally known as Murphzzz

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-01, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jerri's Gifts to Mom"
>
>With repect to Jerri's gifts to
>her mother, we should remember
>that Jerri's primary motive in
>all this is to seek
>puplicity for her own acting
>career. If she had failed
>to make the final four
>she would, no doubt, be
>desperate to head off any
>rumors to that effect.
>What better way than to
>leak this gift story to
>the press.

....she's not smart enough to think like that...she proved that by the way she conducted herself in the game...besides, I don't see how that "rumor" helps give her publicity...it is getting SOME play on the messageboards which consitiutes about 0.00001% of the total viewers....the only time a national news org would pick up this "rumor" and run with it would be later in the game if she was still around, and by then she would've gotten enough publicity already just by making it deep into the game.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-04-01, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jerri's Intelligence vs. Jerri's Motives"
....she's not smart enough to think like that...she proved that by the way she conducted herself in the game...

I agree, most of the way she has played the game thus far has not been smart in terms of gameplay. Her style of gameplay has, however, demonstrated that she is consistently interested in obtaining as much camera time and notariety as possible. Jerri demonstrated use of her highschool BBS and the press that the Survivor BBSs received during Survivor I may have lead her to believe that this could be a valid avenue for publicity. The actual demographic statistics of the matter may have had little impact on her choice of actions.

While, I certainly don't believe that Jerri is a Rhode's Scholar by any stretch of the imagination, she is probably smart enough to avoid a law suit. If she were to give a gift to her mother that in some way implied her final position in the game, she could not very well say 'Mom, don't open this until the episode I get voted off in...' That would have implied that she is voted off prior to the last episode. Telling her not to open the present until after the final episode is the only way for her to have her mother not open the gift prematurely and still meet the terms of her contestant's agreement. She could always phone mom up on the night she is voted off and tell her to open the present. Once again, Jerri may not be smart enough to figure that out... but I bet her lawyer and/or her agent are.

Another better question is... what could be in the gift that it should be kept secret until the last episode. A gift of sufficient monetary value to imply high contest winnings? A photograph of her and fellow contestants that implies her final placement in someway? Some purchases she made after being voted off that could be traced in some fashion? There could be a number of different things inside the gift that could be interpreted as a violation of the contestant's agreement.

It could be something completely unimportant in the larger scheme of things that her agents/lawyers told her to keep under wraps in order to prevent any chance of a law suit.

I truly doubt that it will amount to anything of importance.

IMHO: Look for a one tribe sweep to the finish...

IceCat

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-01, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jerri's Intelligence vs. Jerri's Motives"
Someone mentioned that a crocodile is the shot before Kimmi--but it also follows Elisabeth. I think it was just Burnett trying to be cute--Elisabeth said in Episode 1 that she was afraid of Crocodiles. (The clip is on the CBS site) Either that or there is going to be a croc reference/allusion that happens later on in the show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •