The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 13 Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-05-11, 06:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 13 Vidcaps"
Please place all relevant vidcaps for Episode 13, here. Please no sigpics, thanks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Next time on Survivor... Flowerpower 05-05-11 1
   RE: Next time on Survivor... Outfrontgirl 05-05-11 2
       RE: Next time on Survivor... CTgirl 05-05-11 3
           RE: Next time on Survivor... dabo 05-05-11 12
       RE: Next time on Survivor... Flowerpower 05-05-11 4
           RE: Next time on Survivor... Outfrontgirl 05-05-11 5
               RE: Next time on Survivor... Flowerpower 05-05-11 6
               RE: Next time on Survivor... kiki_k 05-05-11 9
                   RE: Next time on Survivor... parathor 05-05-11 10
                       RE: Next time on Survivor... kiki_k 05-05-11 11
   RE: Next time on Survivor... VolcanicGlass 05-05-11 7
       RE: Next time on Survivor... Blind Freddy 05-05-11 8
   RE: Next time on Survivor... VolcanicGlass 05-05-11 13
       RE: Next time on Survivor... SquidProQuo 05-05-11 14
           RE: Next time on Survivor... kingfish 05-05-11 15
               RE: Next time on Survivor... tribephyl 05-05-11 16
                   RE: Next time on Survivor... kingfish 05-05-11 18
           RE: Next time on Survivor... tribephyl 05-05-11 17
       RE: Next time on Survivor... Flowerpower 05-05-11 19
   RE: Next time on Survivor... michel 05-06-11 35
 RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps SquidProQuo 05-06-11 20
   RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 05-06-11 21
       RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps dabo 05-06-11 22
           RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps Blind Freddy 05-06-11 23
 Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo VolcanicGlass 05-06-11 24
   RI Challenge tribephyl 05-06-11 25
       RE: RI Challenge Naked 05-06-11 26
       RE: RI Challenge SquidProQuo 05-06-11 30
           RE: RI Challenge dabo 05-06-11 36
   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Flowerpower 05-06-11 27
       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Outfrontgirl 05-06-11 28
       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo parathor 05-06-11 29
       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Brownroach 05-06-11 34
           RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Outfrontgirl 05-06-11 37
               RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo michel 05-07-11 38
                   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo kiki_k 05-07-11 39
                       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo michel 05-07-11 41
                   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Outfrontgirl 05-07-11 40
                       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo michel 05-07-11 42
                       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo dabo 05-07-11 43
                           RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo michel 05-07-11 44
                               RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo dabo 05-07-11 45
                                   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Flowerpower 05-07-11 47
   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Flowerpower 05-07-11 48
       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo kiki_k 05-07-11 50
           RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Outfrontgirl 05-07-11 51
               RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo VolcanicGlass 05-07-11 53
                   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Flowerpower 05-08-11 56
   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo VolcanicGlass 05-09-11 60
   tiny observations jbug 05-10-11 73
 RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps SquidProQuo 05-06-11 31
 RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps SquidProQuo 05-06-11 32
   RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps parathor 05-06-11 33
   RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps Flowerpower 05-07-11 49
       RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 05-07-11 52
 Vidcaps - PIP promo VolcanicGlass 05-07-11 46
   RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo tribephyl 05-08-11 54
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo Outfrontgirl 05-08-11 55
           RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo michel 05-08-11 58
               RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo Outfrontgirl 05-09-11 65
                   RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo michel 05-09-11 66
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo Flowerpower 05-08-11 57
 Vidcaps - 20 seconds Promo VolcanicGlass 05-09-11 59
   RE: Vidcaps - 20 seconds Promo michel 05-09-11 61
   Natalie vs Ashley? Krautboy 05-09-11 62
       RE: Natalie vs Ashley? michel 05-09-11 63
           RE: Natalie vs Ashley? parathor 05-09-11 64
 IMHO dabo 05-10-11 67
   RE: IMHO Outfrontgirl 05-10-11 68
       RE: IMHO dabo 05-10-11 70
   RE: IMHO kiki_k 05-10-11 69
       RE: IMHO PepeLePew13 05-10-11 71
           RE: IMHO Corvis 05-10-11 72
 RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps SquidProQuo 05-11-11 74
   RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps Blind Freddy 05-11-11 75
       RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 05-11-11 76
 RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps SquidProQuo 05-11-11 77

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-05-11, 06:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Next time on Survivor..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 07:07 AM (EST)

The preview promo as uploaded from Survivor Fever, thanks so much!

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Ashley: And then there were five!

Ashley and Natalie: Yay!

Ashley : I love blindsides.

Probst: This close to the end...

Grant : Splitting them up is the best route.

Rob : Know that I've got your back. Ashley can't be trusted.

Probst: ...every moment...

Grant : ....a snake, bro!

Phillip : I don't give a...

Natalie : Get out of our faces!

Probst: ...counts.

Rob : One thing you don't' want to happen...

Natalie falls out of shelter.

Rob: It happens.

Natalie and Ashley: Psycho!

So, as CTGirl and KiKi had noted in the ESCT Thread last night, Ashley appears to be setting up nicely as the next boot....We see her return to camp saying, "and then there were 5!" "Yeah!", and then in confessional, "I love blindsides!"

Then we have Grant telling Rob that they have to be broken up, clearly he's referring to Nat and Ash...Most likely Rob has Nat's back here...

Then we have Rob note to Natalie in private, that he's got her back, and that Ashley can't be trusted...look at Natalie's face when he says that....

Very foreshadowing indeed.

But then, as always, we have Phillip. Last night Rob talked with his sister. That he has a plan to be the F2 with Grant, and he has a plan to be the F2 with Natalie, he has options, but the one thing that you don't want to happen is them talking to each other, and he ended the statement with a solid, "But, they won't".

Then in the promo we hear Rob saying, the one thing that you don't want to happen, happened. So, obviously someone is talking. And, who is most likely to be blabbing? Phillip. We see Phillip swearing at someone, then we see Natalie yelling back at Phillip and getting up to leave...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Phillip finally go next week....but, as with Andrea this week, it appears that the boot order will be adhered to?

**What kind of rodent is eating the crispy rice? Doesn't he know that's for Boston Rob???

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
LMAO about the rat eating Rob's rice.

Ashley is the logical boot here. She hasn't been much of a character.

I would have to watch again to be sure, but I didn't hear Rob telling his sister that he plans to go with Grant to F2. I heard that as he has a plan made with Grant, an agreement -- as opposed to Rob's actual intent (seems to be Phillip and Natalie he has chosen).

He must have some kind of plan on how to deal with Grant, but apparently it is back burnered until Grant defeats the RI returnee. So basically at the second F5 or F4 (which we know of but Rob doesn't for sure), Grant needs to watch out.

Oddly, Grant doesn't know this, but if he fails to beat the RI person at F5, it would seem he would be kept to fight in the F4. Similar to the keep Brett out of finals situation in Samoa. If the RI person were immune, and Grant was needed to fight next time, Rob would have to boot Phillip or Natalie. It would be a choice of facing the RI guy or Grant in the finals.

Pardon me for looking ahead, but next week looks to be boring.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
Also, I'll have to wait until Dabo and Corvis do a confessional count analysis but it sure seeemed to me that Ashley had a big upswing in face time last night. Her swan song before her boot.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
>Also, I'll have to wait until
>Dabo and Corvis do a
>confessional count analysis but it
>sure seeemed to me that
>Ashley had a big upswing
>in face time last night.
> Her swan song before
>her boot.

I haven't gotten around to doing the counts this week, but I will, but take into account the loved ones showed up. (The kid comes home from college tomorrow, possibly retaining her 4.0, whoohoo!) Yeah, I may have been a week early predicting the Ashley-Phillip kabang. Notably, while I noticed a lot of movement in confessionals (like ohmyheck there is a Natalie-kid on the island), Ashley's confessionals were more of the Mr. Obvious narrator sort this week. She has no story of her own, she simply exists in relation to all the other stories being told. One thing in her favor, she seems to be the big sis to Natalie. As well, Phillip got an exit strategy, which is most unusual for a goat. He may get to the end, he may not, but they have allowed him a post-Survivor life, or possibly a return visit to the game.

05-05-11, 08:42 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
but I didn't hear Rob telling his sister that he plans to go with Grant to F2.

OFG, Rob didn't say that he plans to go to the F2 with Grant....he said, "Grant thinks it's he and I in the F2, and Natalie thinks it's she and I in the F2....the worst thing that could happen is if they start to talk to each other. But, they won't."

He noted this to his sister. Then in the preview promo, we get a comment from Rob..."the worst thing that could happen, happened". So, I am speculating that the remaining 4 with Rob have started talking to each other, and noting that Rob has talked to all of them in the same way....I think Phillip is letting the cat out of the bag...

05-05-11, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
I was just commenting on this part of your post:

>>> Last night Rob talked with his sister. That he has a plan to be the F2 with Grant, and he has a plan to be the F2 with Natalie, he has options,

I read it one way, that he presented it as his plan. Thus my post. But I see the other meaning now.

Your spec is really great on the worst thing that could happen. We have been wondering if it ever would happen that people discuss their deals.

The only other thing I can think of is a less dire problem which is simply that Phillip has alienated the others to the point where they refuse to keep him ... which then leads to Rob campaigning against Ashley to Natalie.

So does Grant see an actual snake or was he saying Ashley is a snake? I couldn't tell.

Two things help keep Rob's deals on the down low (at least two):

1) the Buddy System ... which is now rendered moot
2) To talk about it involves revealing "Rob and I have a deal." No one wants to let that be known, as it will start people working against the person with the deal, or so they think.

But yeah, Phillip is out there enough to shout it out, whether anyone believes him is another story. They would believe Rob told him that, but they would think it was a trick -- and tricking Phillip is acceptable.

05-05-11, 09:02 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 09:04 AM (EST)

Sorry, didn't mean to be misleading...

Anyway, Yes, you could be right in that other option that Phillip alienates everyone to the point of no return...Girls and Grant go rogue...?

Also, with Grant, I definitely think he was not talking about a real snake, but it was a metaphor...but, I don't know who he was referencing at this point....if they hadn't shown him talking to Rob at dark, we could have speculated that Grant was talking about ROB being the snake. So, most likely it's Ashley? Phillip? Nat? We hear Rob saying that he has Nat's back...which I believe he is sincere with...

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-05-11, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
I see both scenarios as likely re: the thing "you don't want to happen."

(1) It very well could be (as FloPo writes) that they start "talking to each other" -- the very thing Rob worried about last episode (and he also noted, in confessional after talking to his sister, that if they did start talking to each other they would realize that he should be the one they boot). I do, however, think Rob can schmooze his way out of this, at least with the ones that matter (Natalie & Grant -- at this point, Ashley is the one he wants to go anyway, and she isn't going to be teaming up with Phillip to pull any kind of move against Rob as long as Natalie & Grant stay with him). So, regardless of this happening, Ashley is still getting the boot 4-1, IMO.

(2) I can also see it being Phillip going past the point of no return (as OFG points out) so that Rob can no longer protect him (as he wants to do so that he can be the F3 goat). The *only* problem I have with this second scenario is that Natalie, for one, has said in the past that Phillip is the perfect guy to have at F3 because everyone hates him. Sure, she was probably spoon fed that by Rob, but she at least appears to be in on that plan with him -- I don't see why, regardless of what fresh h3ll Phillip creates around camp, she would go against that plan now. Further, if Natalie is in on that plan, I would think Grant is too.

Of course, Natalie is young & maybe Rob telling her to go against her BFF Ashley in favor of keeping Phillip, who looks to have gotten even worse with his antics, will be too much for her & she chooses Ashely over Rob.{shrugs} Regardless, in that case it will be a 3-2 vote (3 guys vote Ashely; 2 girls vote Phillip) and Ashely goes anyway.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-05-11, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
I like both scenarios. Scenario 1 (talking eagerly amongst themselves) seems too obvious, so I bet it's Scenario 2 (Rob saying he can't protect Phillip anymore because he's unbearable). Of course, it's entirely possible that Ashley still gets the boot, even with Rob saying they have to get rid of Phillip.

Off-topic: what's to be made of the solitary shadowy Grant-like figure that they splash on the TV screen at the end of opening credits (if not more places) - coincidence or foreshadowing?

...that is, can Phillip get the boot this episode (thereby allowing Rob to keep his original 4 members intact, as is his modus operandi from AllStars, and probably HvV), and the final-3 "spoiler image" with dreamteam stand-ins be Grant, and Grant be the winner?

05-05-11, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

I think if Grant gets to the F3, he will win, if only because the Zaps don't seem to want to vote for Rob & will only vote for him if he is up against Phillip and Natalie (I'm saying they don't like Natalie based on David's interviews saying Natalie "isn't that innocent" or some such words to that effect; I believe Julie would vote for Natalie over Rob & Phillip because she seems that naive about the game & wanting to vote for someone "good").

Grant, otoh, and Matt, for that matter, have all had nice things said about them by the booted Zaps (David, Julie & Steve). Rob must know how they feel, hence his desire to have Phillip (Public Enemy No. 1) and Natalie (Public Enemy No. 2) next to him.

The only reason I can't see Grant getting to the F3 is because his edit has been pretty lacking thus far.

Seriously, I'm thinking the winner is Rob & it has been right there, up in our faces, all season & the Matt Jesus edit and the Phillip is crazy edit have been nothing more than red herrings.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-05-11, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
As posted above, the preview is ripe with irony. On that note, just want to point out this sequence, when the special effects flame is added.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
Nice VG!....and this as well...

05-05-11, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
As noted by RunawayJuror at MeSS, check out Ashley's gang signs.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-05-11, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
Thanks VG. So Ashley is taunting Phillip that he's getting voted out 4 against 1. (Or am I too old to understand gang signs?!!)

The Ashley/Phillip hate goes way back, so this would make sense. He's probably busting on the girls again and they decide they've had enough and are going to fight back, which ties in with this week's clue about a common enemy.

I need to rewatch the clip because I'm not clear exactly what happens in this scene. Does Natalie jump out of the shelter because Phillip enters the shelter and/or does something to her?

P.S. I think it's a possum and not a rat in the rice vidcap. Either way it's gross! And is that gurgling water shot in the night scene with Grant and Rob a watersnake? Too many creepy critters for me.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

It does seem to bigger than a rat, I see a small pig like creature. Could be an opossum.

Also, not apropos to anything, but the cat in one of the opening sequences on the episode aired 5/5? Jaguar? Ocelot? Frisky? Another spotted wild feline? If it's a jaguar, it's a serious problem, they attack largish creatures at night, and the gang are rapidly becoming smallish creatures. Sweet meat for a hungry Jag. Actually it seemed more like an ocelot which wouldn't be much of a problem unless they decided to try and pick it up and pet it.

Very interesting and great camera work by the night shift.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
Definitely a possum. Probably a bare-tailed or a woolly possum.
The water critter is a caimen.
As far as the cat.
Did it look like this?

(Marguay) Black splotches. Pointed ears. Looks more like a feral housecat.

Or more like this?

(Ocelot) Black edged Red splotches with rounded ears. Looks more like Leopard.

Either way. Both of those are small and harmless to humans. However, the Nicaraguan jungle does have it's fair share of Jaguars.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
That's it. It had chest bars, round ears, most closely resembling the Ocelot. And doesn't have the large cat head of the Jag.

Looks like our gang is safe.

05-05-11, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
Does Natalie jump out of the shelter because Phillip enters the shelter and/or does something to her?

She voluntarily jumps out. She's supporting her jump as seen below.

It probably is because Phillip has decided to sit in the shelter as well as continue to argue, so the girls get up to leave. Starting with Natalie but Ashley follows closely behind.

This may actually be Ashley's bold move.
Can never be too confident in about your status with Rob around.
(and he's definitely there as you can see Grant pass a bag to an unseen Rob in the shelter. Just as Ashley flashes the "strangely prophetic" vote breakdown. 4 against 1. Everyone sees it.

05-05-11, 08:27 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 08:28 PM (EST)

Wow, great find, thanks for posting it here, VG!

This is great. It looks like the Ashley v. Phillip conflict is going to be resolved this week. Grant wants the girls to be split up, but last week Rob seriously considered Phillip as the boot. If the pattern that the Andrea was misdirection in ep 11, and was indeed the boot in ep 12, holds then Phillip who was misdirection in ep 12, could indeed be the boot in ep 13.

It's a coin toss...Rob's whim...Phillip or Ashley...?

This is also got to be what Rob is talking about as to what happened....

PS. Tribe: My vote is that it's a 'possum...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-11, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Next time on Survivor..."
"So, as CTGirl and KiKi had noted in the ESCT Thread last night, Ashley appears to be setting up nicely as the next boot..."

Hey! Don't I count?

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7680.shtml#38

As for confessionals, Ashley had two but nothing unusual: They were both narrative, the first after tree mail the second once they arrived at camp and she showed mom her shelter. Ashley has been the chosen spokesmodel for the good rewards and the product placement. Ashley and Phillip are cpmpeting for goat and, while most clues point to Phillip being there at the end, it could be Ashley.

05-06-11, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
Here's the new web promo: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=qnSq166_pJ_MY_InrQUHtm_dxfLYkA2n&nrd=1

VO says everyone's scrambling to make a deal with Rob. We see Grant giving Rob his word...Rob giving Phillip his word....Nat telling Rob that "she thinks it's her and me," and Rob telling Nat she just needs to do what he says.

There are challenge shots from both the duel and IC...which reminds me, we know the names of several of the upcoming challenges from the Call Sheets. Looks like the F5 IC is called "Bone to Pick" and will take place at the beachfront:
http://www.survivorfever.net/s22_call_sheets.html

05-06-11, 01:39 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-11 AT 01:40 AM (EST)

ooh, looking forward to caps on that!

Rob gives his word to everyone but Ashley. On the surface, it looks pretty straightforward. Rob is ready to boot Ashley, and Natalie tells Rob that Ashley thinks she and Nat are good to the end. They've been together from the beginning.

Robfaddah instructs Nat to do as she's told and that will be to vote out her BFF without letting on, which will be a harsh blindside for Ashley.

It may be a control thing or a jury strategy, but Rob doesn't want split votes. He wants it 4-1, so that Ashley won't blame him.

Her 4 to 1 gesture must have made the editors very happy to get handed such excellent material for narrative irony.

05-06-11, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
It may be very tough on Natalie, though. She got a very obvious, blatant, she's a kid exposure in the last episode. Ashley seems to have been her big sis confidante throughout all this, not that it has been edited as such but it is just logical to assume because they are together so much.

Breaking that up may be something Rob finds necessary. But how does he handle it, Natalie is the "kid gloves" kid in this situation, this could be very tricky. I wouldn't be surprised if Natalie bolts and votes Phillip against orders.

05-06-11, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-11 AT 11:53 AM (EST)

Edit to correct pic links b/c of SF website gallery reshuffle

Here's some quick caps that MayanSun(SurvivorFever) got up...not everything is capped yet

This is the RI chal....
Table Maze w/Tile Smash

Puzzle Assembly

===================================================

Then 'Bone to Pick' IC

05-06-11, 03:41 AM (EST)
24. "Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
VO: Survivor Finale Week kicks off Wednesday, with the original alliance of five crumbling ...
Natalie: (yelling/speaking over Phillip) "Get out of our faces!"
Phillip: "I'll sit right up here if you want."
(sound of bamboo crushing as Phillip jumps into shelter)
Natalie: (small yell)
VO: ... and four castaways fighting to come back from Redemption Island.

VO: Now, with everyone scrambling to make a deal with Rob ...
Rob: "My word is with you, dude. I'm not getting you out."
Phillip: "Thank you."
Rob: "You have my word."
Natalie: "She thinks it's me and her."
Ashley: (confessional) "We stuck together since the beginning."
VO: ... it's anyone's game to win.
Rob: "You just have to do what I say."
VO: New Survivor, Wednesday, and the season Finale, Sunday, only CBS.

05-06-11, 04:48 AM (EST)
25. "RI Challenge"
Starting with a peg run through a long table then crack a tile and move on to puzzle stage.

Andrea at the beginning.

All 4 after beginning but nearing halfway. Ralph leads then Andrea, Mike then Matt. Close though.

Ralph just before midway.

Midway with Matt and Mike.

Here is Ralph cracking the tile allowing him to move on to the puzzle phase. Mike's arm indicates he close behind.

All 4 at the puzzle tables. Notice the long tables for the peg run behind them.

So while Ralph looks to have a winning move. The great Puzzle equalizer leaves the outcome a little less clear.
Although it can be stated that Ralphs lead is lost by puzzle stage. His board is a mess.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-06-11, 05:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: RI Challenge"
Yup... It looks like Ralph is being shown in a way that makes people think that he wins. I would bet it is because he does not.

VOTE NAKED 2004

05-06-11, 09:25 AM (EST)
30. "RE: RI Challenge"
Poor Ralph, of all the challenges he wouldn't want, it's a puzzle...and to lose that initial lead.

I think I see words on a few of the puzzle pieces -- e.g., looks like "to" under Andrea's left arm and something that starts with a "T" near Ralph's right wrist. So perhaps they're putting together a phrase or sentence....and we know Ralph's terrible with letters/spelling .

From Rob's/Ome's perspective, they should actually be cheering for Andrea or the next Ome boot to win, because Matt and the Zaps are a bigger jury threat.

05-06-11, 09:37 PM (EST)
36. "RE: RI Challenge"
Poor Ralph indeed. If there is a spelling component to this puzzle, Andrea is a student, Matt and Mike both occupy some of their time reading Krista's Bible, but Ralph may have some form of dyslexia.

05-06-11, 06:53 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-11 AT 07:23 AM (EST)

Thanks for posting!

Basically, this promo shows that Rob has made a promise with everyone but Ashley....if she's the blatant target, it makes me think that she will not go...

This is either a straight forward boot on a platter, or Ashley is the misdirection and someone else will go...the key is within this clue, I believe:

while another castaway’s plan for a big move could prove to be their biggest mistake

Who is capable of making a big move...who would venture to? Ashley or Phillip

05-06-11, 09:01 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
I think Ashley will be out. She is the expendable one. I don't think it is misdirection. Phillip is the misdirection again.

Rob, Grant, Phillip, Natalie = F4 + redemptee.
Nice Fox, Bear, Goat, Bunny line-up.

05-06-11, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"

• Rob (historically) keeps his loyalty to his most loyal people.
  • Phillip has not been "loyal."
  • Ashley votes for Natalie 100% of the time, until Rob says that Natalie snitched.
  • Phillip's killer-comment about why Rob shouldn't win: sounded just as likely to come from a juror's seat as the end-seat.
  • Ashley's promo is over-the-top blatant. Rob's "you and me, Phillip" edit could be the irony.
  • Phillip is easily swayed by smooth-talking Rob - he'd still vote for Rob at F3.
  • F5 is the traditional right time to mix things up by breaking alliances - but Rob doesn't go that way (historically).
  • Ashley and Natalie both saw spikes in airtime last week... with Natalie being given a small religious edit (shades of Mike & Matt?)
  • Natalie is (historically) a snitch. "Do what I say" could become "Hey Ashley, guess what!" ... could become "Natalie, bring me your torch."

I guess I'm leaning towards a Phillip boot right now, since Rob has (historically) been super-loyal to super-loyal people, and Phillip's Day 39 speech sounds like it'd be better from the jury box, story-wise. Rob and Grant will win a F4 endurance contest against Ashley and Natalie... and even if they don't, Ashley takes Rob as her "goat," or Rob can convince Natalie to vote out Ashley because they're essentially interchangeable ("plus that whole Ralph thing, remember?")

So, calling it now: Phillip is next.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-11, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
As long as Phillip, Rob and Grant vote for Ashley, she's gone. But Natalie will probably end up voting for her too. I can't really see what else would happen.

05-06-11, 10:24 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
People who are going to end up before the jury typically are shown talking about their end game. Ashley and Grant have not. Rob, Phillip, and Natalie have. Ashley has one confessional on Insider now about her plans.

Ashley is also the type who can win one of those final endurance challenges or balance challenges, whidh Rob as veteran needs to account for.

Also, it is at this point of the game that the power of two really becomes a threat. Too close for comfort -- you don't leave two BFF in at F4, both with a good shot at winning an endurance contest of some sort.

Phillip is a loner. A group of loners who each have alliance with Rob. Good.
Couples, bad.

Ashley's big move is probably an effort to keep Phillip from staying in as the goat, which could shut her out. She could work both Grant and Natalie towards that end. Both will rat her out to Rob. Leaving Rob out of a plan means you are toast.

05-07-11, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
Totally agree with you but, in @ss, Rob voted out the loyal loner, Big Tom, and kept the couple of Rupert and Jenna. If one of them had won immunity, it would have been tough for both Rob and Amber to stay in the game. In effect, Rob reset the game back to square one at F4 by eliminating his ally Tom when voting out Rupert would have solidified things. For some reason, it's never as simple on the island as it is on paper!

Really, if Rob considers he can get the jury votes against Natalie, then he shouldn't have to worry too much about Ashley. In fact, those two might split the anti-Rob votes whereas Phillip wouldn't. For example, against Phil, the vote could go 5-4-0 with either Rob or Natalie getting the 5 (I'm not talking editing here because I've long declared Rob the winner. I'm strictly talking from Rob's game strategy perspective) Against Natalie and Ashley, Rob could win 4-3-2.

05-07-11, 02:36 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-11 AT 02:46 AM (EST)

Really, if Rob considers he can get the jury votes against Natalie, then he shouldn't have to worry too much about Ashley. In fact, those two might split the anti-Rob votes whereas Phillip wouldn't. For example, against Phil, the vote could go 5-4-0 with either Rob or Natalie getting the 5 (I'm not talking editing here because I've long declared Rob the winner. I'm strictly talking from Rob's game strategy perspective) Against Natalie and Ashley, Rob could win 4-3-2.

That is actually a very interesting & smart point. But, as you said, things on the island might not be like they are on paper --in the scenario you give, the jury could also shut out Natalie completely in favor of Ashley (who Rob has noted has been "friendly" with the Zaps) and he could end up losing anyway 5-4-0.

Who to take to the end is really pretty tricky. Rob must have good reason (other than Rooster telling Ashley he would vote for her if she gets to F3) and/or know something we don't to be set against taking Ashley (as opposed to Natalie) to F3 -- and he definitely does seem set against it, IMO.

eta: I'm saying this because it seems to me that Rob has been playing a very logical, thought-out game. He wouldn't be set against Ashley in the F3 on a "whim" or simply because of what Rooster told her --sure, the comment he made about her not going to F3 was good tv, but I think he has more reason than that. The fact is, this has been the Rob & Matt (with sidekick Phillip) show since Russell's boot & we haven't really gotten to know anyone else so we don't know Ashley & Natalie (other than their "Spa Girl" edits) or how they related to the Zaps -- maybe Ashley has been nice & friendly while Natalie has been distant/bratty (which is why Rooster approached Ashley, not Natalie -- he may have seen an opening there he didn't see with Natalie) -- and Rob is taking that into account in his F3 game plan. We really don't know for sure, this is all spec on my part, but I'm thinking I'm on the right track (if I do say so myself! Ha!)

05-07-11, 10:36 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
Ashley's edit has been negative but we have seen her part of the short-lived "Christian Coallition" so yes, she could be more liked than Natalie. That's for Rob to judge because we know very little. I was just proposing one alternative route that could lead to Ashley staying.

If Rob feels there is an anti-Rob voting block forming, it's better to have a tri-party election than only two names to choose from. Sort of like having Ashley in the role of Ralph Nader!

05-07-11, 06:27 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
I think the Big Tom situation was a special case. Tom was originally a fine goat, but Rob had alienated Lex, and Lex and Tom had a connection.

Rupert and Jenna were the only ones from their seasons. They were not that tight a couple; they had merely started out on the same tribe and gotten split onto Chapera. They complained a lot about each other. Rob had separate deals with both of them.

Ashley and Natalie are genuinely tight, despite the tattling we've seen from Natalie. Maybe they wouldn't do anything, but Rob knows that they SHOULD unite against him if they were smart at all.

Rob should probably have kept Big Tom, as he was a very loud angry voice on the jury, However, I remember that Tom was urging Rob to boot Amber. So Tom also had to go for that reason, that he wanted Amber out, whereas Jenna and Rupert were willing to go the challenge route to see who prevailed.

Thinking of the votes is all very well, but getting past the F4 is more important. Rob could take on any one of those remaining, but the main thing is he needs to get there, and any hint of someone playing his or her game will set him off.

05-07-11, 11:01 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
Tom was urging Rob to eliminate Amber at F3. He wasn't going to do anything before that and he hated both Rupert and Jenna. Tom was just stupid to declare himself the swing vote! If he had brought Tom to the F3, Rob could have won.

Despite not being a strong pair all we have learned from Rupert tells us that, at F4 with immunity, he would have been loyal to Jenna. Of course, if they had been dumb enough to vote against Rob, I don't give Jenna too much luck beating him in a fire-challenge but they could have voted against Amber and then who knows?

Anyway, this is a long time ago with different people. I just wanted to point out that it's hard to see what the players will do, that our line of thinking is sometimes miles away from what they are thinking because we know so little of what is really going on.

As for Rob's road to the F4, I don't think it will be too difficult. The final vote is the tough part.

The RI returnee will want to get revenge but who would want to team up with someone that has been making friends with everyone on the jury? That player makes F3 if and only if he wins all the immunities then it's lights out for everyone else anyway.

Since they can't do anything about the returnee except beat him or her in a challenge, I think the voting decisions are limited to the Ometepe 5. I also think that Rob gets to the F3 in any configuration unless Phillip is there. Rob is taking a chance by carrying such an attractive goat and he will need that F4 immunity. Then again, winning a challenge against Ashley, Natalie and Phillip wouldn't be too hard.

05-07-11, 11:23 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-11 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

Even with Big Tom going to F4, Rob's plan then was still to get to F2 with Amber. One of them had to win. (And Amber, really, was a good co-conspirator, but wasn't really ever much of a player on her own. But the romance was real.)

Despite the selection of wannabe Ambuh's, there is no actual Amber in this game; it is F3, and Rob wants to win not be happy with 2nd or 3rd.

So, Phillip is playing his own game, but he's the perfect goat.

Ashley forgot one time to tattle to Rob. The something she forgot to tattle was that Ralph told her he would vote for her to win in the end. I don't know what the Tattler's Handbook says about how you go about tattling something like that, this is where the tiniest little unpredictable thing that upsets the equilibrium of Planet Rob marks you for life.

Grant knows he does have to move against Rob but he's waiting for the right time. Meanwhile, he sticks to Rob like glue.

Natalie can be very emotional. She's Big Tom and Lex rolled together in a tiny 19-year-old package, you don't want that emotion negatively aimed at you from the jury. (In Natalie's defense, she actually is a kid still at this stage of life so it is normal for her to sometimes not act like a grown-up.)

So, it's Rob and Natalie going to the end, and Rob may not be able to control who is third at the end because of RI.

Or it's Grant and Natalie and who? going to the end with Grant's plan to knock out Rob, send him to be the last to join the jury.

05-07-11, 01:12 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-11 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

"Natalie can be very emotional. She's Big Tom and Lex rolled together in a tiny 19-year-old package"

That is just an awful image! But, if we are talking about jury damage, I don't agree. Tom and Lex had a pre-game deal with Rob that explained the level of their anger. Natalie was just happy that Rob went with her. Not the same bagage. Natalie would probably react like Vanuatu Julie. She'd be upset with Rob but would give him her vote over Phillip...but maybe not over Ashley. (Did I ever tell you that I hate the F3?!!!!)

As for Grant, if he wins immunity at F4, he wouldn't automatically eliminate Rob either. Like Parvati in Micronesia, Rob can be mistakenly considered a goat by some players out there.

05-07-11, 01:21 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
But it played on TV that Kathy, Lex and Big Tom had huge chips on their shoulders with Rob's game and dumped on him at Final. Kathy decided to be forgiving and voted for Rob, Lex and Big Tom let their grudges dictate their votes.

I'm not saying Natalie definitely would be a hormonal terror from the jury at Final, just that Rob can't risk it. It would have been one thing had he told Lex or Big Tom to just grow up and be men and realize it is just a game, he cannot take on a 19-year-old girl juror that way because it would play horribly with the rest of the jury. And with the TV audience. He can't risk it.

05-07-11, 09:55 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
All of this talk about jurors, makes me wonder if Rob's perspective will be who can I beat in the end, vs. who that is left with me now would be more likely to vote for me in the end?

I think Natalie would vote for Rob if she were on the jury. She would not hold it against him, imo. He has carried her on his back the entire way. They have a bond, and I think that she would not accept that Rob turned on her...

Ashley, otoh, could hold it against him, imo.

Phillip is such a whack job, I don't think I could begin to rationally predict what he would or wouldn't do....

I think Grant is a mature, gentle man....competitive - yes! But, I think they have gone round and round about someone has to go to RI....I think he'll be able to never lose sight of the fact that it is indeed a game, and therefore, if he's on the jury, I think he would favor Rob.

05-07-11, 10:09 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
When Rob and Grant are sitting on the blanket, we hear one of them say, "My word is with you,dude....

I believe that it's Grant that is saying this to Rob....

Check it out here and here.

05-07-11, 10:42 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
I agree -- Grant is saying it. The use of the word "dude" confirms it, IMO. Grant is a California hippie/yogi/surfer "dude." OTOH, I don't think I've ever heard Rob say that word -- he would more likely say "bro" or "man" or even "youse guys."

05-07-11, 11:19 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
It's Hurley. Hurley is apparently reassuring jack he will stick with him, even after Jack has drunk the funky stream water and turned into Jacob v.2.0.

Or else it's Grant.

05-07-11, 11:41 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
Does that make FP my constant? Sorry for the flub, thanks for the catch/correction.

05-08-11, 09:02 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
I'd be honored to be your constant, VG! Anytime you are traveling through time, and get into a bind, I'm there for you!!!

05-09-11, 12:47 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
In the spirit of considering all boot options, we should take a look at Phillip. After dominating the promos in the past few weeks, this week we are given people's reactions to him. Phillip himself is very subdued.
Love the image from this vidcap, with the rope unraveling.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-11, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "tiny observations"
In the shot of Phillip jumping into the shelter? if that was a clear picture, they certainly needed a blur.

And Grant's hair is a mess. I think Survivor should have a make-over week - like TBL.

05-06-11, 01:32 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"

So does anyone have an idea how this IC works? Looks like you have 1 hand tied behind your back and the bag is tethered to your waist. In another shot we see Natalie using her mouth to untie something...perhaps since she only has 1 hand?

We know from the Call Sheets that the title is "Bone to Pick." Is Rob digging up "bones" here? Are the "bones" the spiky things in the post in the foreground? Looks like they are different lengths. Don't recall a challenge like this one before.

05-06-11, 01:48 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"

P.S. Just noticed, Rob has a shovel here. This is the scene where he tells her everything will be OK if she just does what he says. Do you think he could be showing her the HII as reassurance? (Although no sign of it here.) Jeff said in his video blog this week that no one still knows that Rob has it.

05-06-11, 01:56 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-11 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

Ooh, if you're right, then I really don't like Natalie's chances here, if Rob is showing her the necklace.

• "I want to make big moves with Rob."
  • "Someone makes a big move, and it could ruin them."
  • "We have to break them (Nat & Ash) up."
  • Ashley and Natalie both saw spikes in airtime last week... with Natalie being given a small religious edit (shades of Mike & Matt?)
  • If Natalie gets closer to Ashley, maybe she shares that Rob has the idol? ... and Rob doesn't want to get rid of her, since he's dragging her a$$ to the F3...

(ETA: changed "like to make big moves" to "want to make big moves")

05-07-11, 10:12 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-11 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

With Rob posing the question in this scene with Natalie and the shovel...you just have to do what I say.... Seems like the pressure is on Natalie. What if she doesn't do what Rob says. Is this the question this week, or just misdirection?

FWIW....I do not think that Rob would expose his idol at this point...fwiw...

05-07-11, 11:24 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
I doubt very much Rob needs a shovel to retrieve the idol. The only idol-related reason he would have a shovel is if he fake buried it and wanted to fake hunt for it with Natalie and amaze her by finding it.

A shovel is also something you take along if you go take a dump in the woods -- but I really hope that's not why Rob and Natalie are out there with the shovel.

05-07-11, 07:04 PM (EST)
46. "Vidcaps - PIP promo"
The PIP promo aired mostly the same footage as the full promo, with the addition of a camp sequence. Thumbnails follow.

05-08-11, 01:20 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
hmm....
Something is hinkey here.

or literally, within seconds, Grant and Ashley are there and then Rob tells Nat that Ash can't be trusted.

05-08-11, 07:57 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
nice catch, tribe!

Thay could be cut in from another time, or Ashley (and Grant?) could step away to get more wood?

I don't see what Rob is talking about. If he trusts Grant, and Natalie -- and Natalie knows that -- what can Ashley do? Ally with an RI person? So what, two votes.

Is there anything else that Ashley could do?
I could see him telling Natalie that Ashley can't be trusted to know that Rob has the HII and not blab -- IF he revealed it, which is a very big if.

I feel like Rob is counting on Natalie not being able to do math and figure out that Ashley has no power -- to plant that seed in her brain that justifies blindsiding her friend. Or it's something else that we haven't figured out.

05-08-11, 10:12 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
I think what he means is that he and Natalie want to go to the end together with Phillip. They do not know how many people are coming back from RI so, if 2 or 3 return from RI, Ashley could team up with them to eliminate Phillip.

05-09-11, 10:11 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
Rob should know that one is coming back.
1) Pre-merge example.
2) Simple math. Time remaining in game, players remaining.
3) I seem to remember that Jeff said one would return. The open question was when.

05-09-11, 10:41 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
I'm really not sure they know. They must be talking about it but there's nothing even in the insider clips.

1- Pre-merge, you had 2 people dueling so only one could come back. Now you have 4 people competing and 3 staying each time so pre-merge isn't a perfect example.

2- They've had TCs with double boots so they could think they will have more.

3- I don't remember Jeff being specific since the merge. He just said RI is back on, didn't he?

05-08-11, 09:18 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
Tribe. I think the last shot you posted is in the morning after the last TC. We saw the three boys out collecting the wood, Grant's hair do is sticking straight up...

Then we see Grant and Rob, fixing the fire, getting the fire up and going in the AM...Grant's hair is still sticking straight up...

Note that Ashley is approaching the fire, probably just getting up...

Then, a bit later, Natalie is there and Ashley is sitting down, as the boys still tend the fire, get it started in the AM

Perhaps later, when the others go off to bathe or something, Rob and Nat are the only 2 to stay behind, and they have their conversation..."know that I've got your back. Ashley can't be trusted...

By the looks of her buff and hair, it cannot be too long after the morning shots when they are getting the fire started...

05-09-11, 12:29 PM (EST)
59. "Vidcaps - 20 seconds Promo"
The promo is essentially a shortened version of the Full Promo, with a notable exception: they switched out Ashley's confessional for another. They also replaced the sequences of "5" superimposed over the Murlonios and "4" surperimposed over the RIslanders with a side-by-side sequence with a "9" superimposed.

Posting vidcaps only of new footage.

VO: Survivor Finale Week kicks off Wednesday.
VO: With nine castaways fighting for their lives, it's anyone's game to win.
Ashley: (confessional) "I really trust Natalie."
Grant: "My word is with you, dude."
Rob: "I'm not getting you out."

05-09-11, 05:29 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Vidcaps - 20 seconds Promo"
If they show Ashley saying that she trusts Natalie that tells me Ashley is indeed going. Rob's quote about the worse happening is like all his other preview quotes: Misdirection that turns out to be meaningless (ie. 32 days of hard work down the drain.)

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-09-11, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Natalie vs Ashley?"
Thanks VG! Good observation about Ashley's new confessional.

VO: Survivor Finale Week kicks off Wednesday.
VO: With nine castaways fighting for their lives, it's anyone's game to win.
Ashley: (confessional) "I really trust Natalie."

Grant: "My word is with you, dude."
Rob: "I'm not getting you out."

This exchange could very well be setting up the Natalie vs. Ashley story line for this week. Leading up to the IC, Ashley will probably be edited as Rob's choice for the votes at TC. Ashley "really trusts Natalie", but Rob is shown telling Natlie that Ashley can't be trusted. Rob tells Natalie, "You have my word", "you just have to do what I say". Natalie, however, may not like the idea of voting out Ashley over Phillip and question Rob's decision.

Grant pushes to split up the two girls and if Ashley wins the IC, Natalie becomes the default target. Natalie may pay the price for questioning Rob's authority and not blindly doing what he says.

Rob needs Grant around to win IC's and keep immunity out of the hands of others. He needs Phillip with him at the end to avoid the risk of having to split votes three ways. When the "worst possible thing happens", and Ashley wins immunity, the irony in Natalie's comments may become apparent.

Rob is now carrying Amber and the kids on his back and there's no longer room for Natalie...

05-09-11, 06:07 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Natalie vs Ashley?"
Funny how the same evidence can lead in two opposing directions!

I want to comment on this: "He (Rob) needs Phillip with him at the end to avoid the risk of having to split votes three ways."

In a 3 party election, the one that is favored by the split of the votes is the party that is the most different. (A right wing party profits when there are 2 left wing candidates and vice-versa). Here, Ashley and Natalie are both spa girls. Rob would profit from the split votes. Phillip cannot get votes so Rob would face one opponent getting all the anti-Rob votes. I'd go to the end with both spa girls if I were him.

05-09-11, 06:20 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Natalie vs Ashley?"
I think Rob has an answer for anyone he brings to the final... if he even has a chance to decide (lets say a F4 of Rob/Grant/Natalie/Ashley-or-Phillip... and Grant wins immunity... what then?)

Natalie's face in some of the photos this week look really ominous (especially when she's sitting in the chair and says "she thinks its me and her at the end.") ... and then with Rob looking down, like "Ah, dudette, you just sealed your own fate, now I have to kick you out." If I wasn't so set in figuring it's Phillip this week, I'd totally be all over the Natalie's gone bandwagon.

So I can totally see Natalie being in trouble this week... and maybe even a Natalie/Ashley comparison up-to-and-including the challenge. But I bet both "survive" this week, it's our misdirection. It's just a little too ominous at the lack of Phillip last week and this week...

05-10-11, 01:04 AM (EST)
67. "IMHO"
This is the most telling moment in the promos...

Why would Rob be so insistant with Natalie? To reassure her that she is his Ambuh, but she needs to follow orders.

Would she need to follow orders to vote out Phillip, no. Would she need to follow orders to vote out Grant, probably not. Would she need to follow orders to vote out Ashley, yes. Rob doesn't need her vote to get Ashley out, she needs to prove to Rob that she can still be trusted to follow orders in order for him to take her to FTC.

05-10-11, 01:25 AM (EST)
68. "RE: IMHO"
I would agree with all of that, dabo, except the part where he is telling her that she needs to follow orders to prove herself. I believe that is true, and apparent to the audience, but I don't think he puts it out there like the Godfather.

I think his comment is meant to lay some concern of Natalie's to rest.

Either he had told her that he has the strategy under control, and she just needs to follow for it to go perfectly, or he is saying it'll be all right, something along those lines, essentially he tells her this is the plan, and you are going to the end, and all you need to do is not worry your pretty little head about it and follow me.

Fatherly and authoritative, but not giving orders like The Boss.

05-10-11, 02:00 AM (EST)
70. "RE: IMHO"
Agree. I have been trying this week to think in Rob-mind, and expressed what I think would be in Rob-mind. But of course he should handle it much more diplomatically with the kid herself, because she does have to be comforted (controlled) with kid gloves. Rob is not Russhole, he uses charm not bluster bullying.

I'll go further and say that this means Andrea survives the duel this week, so Rob needs Natalie on his side should the third degree return to the game.

And... if Natalie goes along with the Ashley vote she has a straight shot to FTC.

05-10-11, 01:53 AM (EST)
69. "RE: IMHO"
Excellent analysis dabo. I agree -- if Ashley (her BFF) wasn't the boot, there would be no need for this speech by Rob.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-11, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: IMHO"
Actually, there's a way... if, for example, Ashley won immunity and there were whispers going around that Natalie could be on the block, she might be a little paranoid and this could be Rob's way of reassuring her that she has to let him do his magic.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-10-11, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: IMHO"
Could his magic being using the immunity idol without telling Natalie?

05-11-11, 10:14 AM (EST)
74. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
Hard to tell for sure, but just wanted to mention that I saw a different vidcap of the duel puzzle and it looked more like a visual pattern (vs. words). Still a puzzle, but it might make it a bit easier for Ralph if there's no spelling involved.

05-11-11, 12:13 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-11 AT 12:32 PM (EST)

From the E13 chal preview(no cast chal action footage....just walkin and JP interview)
DreamTeam(?) run-thru pic of tile smash.

Note the pattern on the 'cover'(smash) tile is repeated on the sides of the box as well. That could possibly be used as a ref when they do the puzzle at the separate table next to the smash box if the puzzle design is the same. Perhaps the puzzle bags are inside the box...and retrievable once the top 'cover' tile is smashed.

05-11-11, 07:24 PM (EST)
76. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
Ralph can build a house ...
but he may not have spent much time doing puzzles. It's kind of its own deal to see how random edges fit, not like construction.

Someone who does stone patios or rock walls would be good at this. This is different in that only one solution will work though.

05-11-11, 07:52 PM (EST)
77. "RE: Episode 13 Vidcaps"
New preview has been posted on the CBS site. Andrea cries before the duel and talks about how she feels betrayed by the Omes -- guess this is part of the "taste of her own medicine."

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=eMgKIvp0L_Otv1eEpZ_KWD07l9N7RYg_&nrd=1

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •