The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-11, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Title posted by VG and Trixiego. Is it a Phillipism?

Post the clues below as they show up.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... SquidProQuo 04-28-11 1
   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... SquidProQuo 04-28-11 2
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... 5cats 04-28-11 3
           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... 5cats 04-28-11 4
               RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Brownroach 04-28-11 6
                   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... 5cats 04-28-11 8
                       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... kiki_k 04-28-11 19
                           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 04-29-11 20
                               Probst tweet dabo 04-29-11 22
                           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... dabo 04-29-11 21
                               RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... tribephyl 04-29-11 23
                                   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... dabo 04-29-11 24
                                       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Brownroach 04-29-11 35
                                           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 04-29-11 37
                                               RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Brownroach 05-01-11 42
                                                   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 05-01-11 45
                                                       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... tribephyl 05-02-11 47
                           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Georjanna 04-29-11 31
                               RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Brownroach 04-29-11 32
                                   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 04-29-11 38
   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Flowerpower 04-28-11 10
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... SquidProQuo 04-28-11 14
 RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Brownroach 04-28-11 5
   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... SquidProQuo 04-28-11 7
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... 5cats 04-28-11 9
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 04-28-11 11
           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 04-28-11 12
               RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... SquidProQuo 04-28-11 13
 RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... SquidProQuo 04-28-11 15
   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 04-28-11 16
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... parathor 04-29-11 25
   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 04-28-11 17
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... SquidProQuo 04-28-11 18
   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Flowerpower 04-29-11 26
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... dabo 04-29-11 27
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... emydi 04-29-11 28
           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Flowerpower 04-29-11 29
               RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... dabo 04-29-11 30
                   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... SquidProQuo 04-29-11 33
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Travel_Queen 04-29-11 34
           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... SquidProQuo 04-29-11 36
               RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 04-29-11 39
                   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Flowerpower 04-30-11 40
                       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 04-30-11 41
                           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... dabo 05-01-11 43
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Scarlett O Hara 05-01-11 44
           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 05-01-11 46
               RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Scarlett O Hara 05-02-11 48
                   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 05-03-11 49
 RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Outfrontgirl 05-03-11 50
   RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Flowerpower 05-03-11 51
       RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Brownroach 05-03-11 52
           RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... Flowerpower 05-03-11 53
               RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "Yo... VolcanicGlass 05-03-11 54

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-28-11, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Here you go:

AN ALLIANCE THAT HAS DOMINATED THE GAME HAS NOWHERE LEFT TO TURN BUT ON ITSELF, ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND,"
WEDNESDAY, MAY 4

"You Mangled My Nets" — Tree mail leaves one tribe member with a tough emotional decision, and one castaway exhausts all efforts to ensure their safety in the game, on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND, Wednesday, May 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

----------

Tree mail leaves one tribe member with a tough emotional decision = Something to do with the Sprint phone that we see in the preview? Maybe someone has to make a hard choice (like Grant and the cake) and can only pick a few people to get a call/video clip?

Alliance that dominated = Ome 6
1 castaway exhausts all efforts = challenge winner = Grant??

04-28-11, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
P.S. No idea on the mangled nets. As I recall, the fishing nets were the Zaps' -- could Ralph have done something to mess them up so the Omes can't fish? Or am I being too literal?

5cats 1186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-28-11, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
If it refers to the Zaps wouldn't it read, "They mangled the nets."? I think it's probably Phillip saying it to one of the Omet girls.

As for scrambling, it may mean Grant (or Rob) does not win immunity.

04-28-11, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Didn't mean scrambling, meant "and one castaway exhausts all efforts to ensure their safety in the game."
Don't all the girls and Phillip feel somewhat safe? Andrea doesn't have a clue she is on the outs unless she overhears them or someone tells her. That leaves Grant and Rob and Rob has the Idol so maybe Grant.

04-28-11, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 05:41 PM (EST)

There are some reaction shots of Rob in the vidcap thread that, to some of us, suggest he just misses winning the immunity challenge.

I tend to think the clue refers to Rob because Rob is the only one we've heard talk about being paranoid. He's been in total control but that was easy to maintain while there were still Zaps around. Now would be the perfect opportunity for the others to band together and vote him out. Of course he has his HII but I'm sure he wants to save that for the last minute. So he will likely go all out to win regular immunity.

04-28-11, 06:06 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Doesn't he have to use it in the next 2 episodes? Can't remember exactly but I thought it was only good until 5 people left. Also you are discounting that Andrea or one of the other 2 twit girls may win. I'm sorta hoping Andrea does win, Rob has to play the idol and Grant gets the boot and beats Matt at RI!

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-28-11, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Re: using HII in F5.

I think this is unsure -- most of the time in the past it has had to been played by F5, but there has been at least one season (the one where Yul won) were it could be used at F4 (stupid, I know, and btw, I only remember that because OFG & her encyclopedia brain reminded me of it last season).

Also, according to the call sheets there will be TWO F5s -- one F5 where the bootee goes to RI & the winner of the "duel" (of probably 4 people) comes back into the game & creates a "new" F5. So, maybe the HII can be used at the second F5 as well. I don't think we know for certain.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
My memory on these things is actually not as good as some people who remember everything. I have to look things up these days, but I know where to look.

The HII should expire at Final 6 in keeping with other recent F3 seasons such as Nicaragua, HvV, Samoa, and Gabon. There was no idol in play at the end of Micronesia, as Parvati chose not to look for the one that got rehidden.

The HII has evolved since it was introduced as a full game element in PEI (S12). I tend to look at the more recent as indicative of the rules, as in S12-14 they were still on a learning curve.

We never did find out about the rule for Tocantins, because it never came up as the HII was not played the whole game, but Sugar played hers at F6, Russell at F6, Sandra at F6, Chase and Sash at F6.

Which brings me to ... Jeff said to someone in his blog or answering a question or in a tweet (clearly I forget where), that Rob can use his in the Final Episode. That would be the second F5. Unless Jeff meant, UP TO the final episode, which is the first F5. It sounds like they changed the rules this season <insert your own snark>.

They never showed us the scroll with the rules. So I would be expecting F6 were it not that Jeff said that.

It appears that the idol will be in play when the returnee comes back in the game, which I find completely WRONG in that the returnee has had no shot at finding an idol. I suppose it would be nice if the returnee had been voted out idol in pocket, nice for him or her. But really, why protect someone who let that happen?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Probst tweet"
A to Q - of course Rob can still use his idol. Up until the last episode.

I take that to mean he cannot use it in the finale. First time Murlonio reduces down to only 4, HII expires. Goes back up to 5 with a returnee, that doesn't matter, the HII already expired.

Look at it this way, there were two HIIs, if neither of them ever got played there would be two of them in play still, it would be insane to allow that to continue into the finale.

04-29-11, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
According to something Probst said the HII can be used up until the finale.

In the structure of game rules, such as they are, Probst should announce at Tribal when the HII expires, when it will be the last time it may be used.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Something to consider with regards to the HIIs expiration date.

JP's announcements, in seasons past, of the last chance of use for the HII's usually coincided with seasons where they actually used them at the last possible chance.
So, with NO announcements this season could it possibly mean the HII gets used long before it's final due-by date?
Thereby making an announcement of it's expiration needless.

Sure, Rob has till the 'last episode' to play the HII but methinks he uses it pretty darned soon.

or not at all?

04-29-11, 02:10 AM (EST)
24. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Valid point. It should also be noted, however, that should Rob play his HII before the expiration date there is a good chance that that HII or a substitute would be re-hidden to be found.

04-29-11, 04:21 PM (EST)
35. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Jeff confirmed in a tweet or in his blog that there is no other idol out there, so they didn't rehide Ralph's and they won't rehide Rob's if he plays it earlier than the deadline.

I realized while posting in a different thread that the "exhausts all efforts to ensure safety" clue probably means that Rob plays it this week.

04-29-11, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I think they would rehide it. They rehid the HII late game in Micronesia, the last time it got played late but not expired.

There is typically only one idol after the merge; that's why they wouldn't hide another one when Ralph'a was played.

I noted your post BR, and that could be so, definite possibility.

05-01-11, 11:39 AM (EST)
42. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
So they would re-hide one after both are played? I just wonder if they would do it this late in the game. There'd have to be some sort of reward with a clue.

05-01-11, 09:25 PM (EST)
45. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
They have done it in the past, although who knows what they will do?

In Micronesia, Amanda played the HII at F6. It was not the last time it could be used.
At F5, Day 34, Parvati was sent to Exile and got a new clue, but chose not to look for it. However, the whole strategy revolved around keeping the HII from Erik and Natalie.

Note: that was a F2 season.
Still, they did put the idol back into play, even though it was only good for one more TC.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-11, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Parvati was sent to Exile and got a new clue, but chose not to look for it ... Still, they did put the idol back into play, even though it was only good for one more TC.

Aha! I forgot about that. Thanks for the memory jog.
That was pretty brilliant of her. I can see why I forgot about it in the context of rehiding idols. But how nice it is to have a resident idol expert around. Thanks.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-29-11, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Also, according to the call sheets there will be TWO F5s -- one F5 where the bootee goes to RI & the winner of the "duel" (of probably 4 people) comes back into the game & creates a "new" F5

I realize that the common assumption is that there are two Final Five(s). But, I have always been unable to find any verification of that assumption in the Call Sheets.

To the contrary, all that I can find is a transportation schedule for Sunday (Day 35) that shows the transfer of five Murlonio to the 15th Tribal Council and the return of four of them to their camp and the transfer of one of them to Redemption Island. The preview of Day 36 (Monday) shows a Duel at Redemption Island, but does not contain any indication of how many Murlonio were brought to the Arena. And the only other transportation schedule within the records is for Day 34 (Saturday) and contains no reference to the number of Murlonio in the Game at that point. So, the Call Sheets certainly refer to a Final Five. But to only one.

Or, am I just missing something?

Note: I know that the Call Sheets show five Dream Team members scheduled to be present at the rehearsal of A Numbers Game on Monday (Day 36) when, sans the return of a Redemption Islander, there were only four Murlonio left in the Game. But, there were also six Dream Team members scheduled to be present at the filming of A Bone to Pick on Sunday (Day 35) when there were only five Murlonio transported to the Challenge. So, I don't think that the number of Dream Team members scheduled to report to a filming site can be considered to be a definitive indication of the number of players who participated in a Challenge/Duel/Tribal Council.

04-29-11, 01:35 PM (EST)
32. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-11 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

I'm not sure what you're getting at, G. We know the Day 35 TC is an F5 TC; when it's over four are left in the game. But the bootee goes to RI, and there's a duel on Day 36. Ergo the returnee has not come back yet.

The Final 4 tribal council decides who is going in front of the jury. They wouldn't set up the return from RI in a way that would cause two F4 TCs. So there have to be two F5 TCs.

ETA -- no it isn't in the call sheets but logic dictates that that is what will happen.

04-29-11, 08:49 PM (EST)
38. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Agreed with BR.
There is only time for ONE duel in the Finale. We know it's on Day 36. That means the returnee will come back to the game on that day, as Matt was back in immediately after his final duel.

There will then be an IC and TC on Day 37, which will be F5. Day 38, F4 IC & TC. Day 39 -- F3 TC.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-11, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Thanks for posting, Squid!

1.AN ALLIANCE THAT HAS DOMINATED THE GAME HAS NOWHERE LEFT TO TURN BUT ON ITSELF

CBS Hype....duh, they got to the final 6 in a strong cohesive manner and now, unfortunately, it'll get rough.

2. "You Mangled My Nets" Title, most likely spoken by Phillip, imo. He will claim possession of the nets.

3.Tree mail leaves one tribe member with a tough emotional decision
Well, we have already speculated that the Sprint Phone arrives in treemail. I wonder if it will say if one of you sacrifices your video from home, all of the other members of your tribe can view theirs? Or, something of that nature? We see Rob crying, Natalie, and Ashley as well. We see them all huddled together watching them, with their arms around each other. So, it appears that the tribe member made the sacrifice and the "tough emotional decision".

4.one castaway exhausts all efforts to ensure their safety in the game,

"Exhausts" as in physically spent in the challenge....will he win immunity, or no? With his comment, 32 days of hard work, gone just like that, it makes me believe that he will fall short....although it could be argued that that comment itself could be taken out of context...?

04-28-11, 09:49 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
That makes sense, FloPo. And actually it'll be interesting to see if it's "exhaust" in more than just the physical sense -- i.e. will Rob make promises or pressure anyone? Or will he play the HII if he feels nervous?

04-28-11, 05:30 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 05:51 PM (EST)

Nothing so far is suggesting there's a loved ones visit this episode.

I've been wondering how they would handle the family visit in view of the Redemption Island twist. They probably wouldn't let the people on RI get visitors -- or would they? After all, one of those contestants (we assume only one) will be coming back into the game, and could potentially win it. Matt, obviously, would probably benefit greatly from seeing a loved one at this point.

Is it possible they dispensed with the visit altogether because logistically it's too complicated given the RI set-up, and all they get is videos this season?

04-28-11, 06:04 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I've been wondering that too. I don't recall the source on the Family Visit spoiler, do you? Wasn't it a single poster who was relatively new and unknown? Hard to say if it's credible.

OFG is way more on top of the calendar and she says that it's still possible to do it next episode.

04-28-11, 06:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
The link is on the vidcap thread to Andrea being there for family visit. I guess some unknown posted she knows her family and her father did do the visit.

04-28-11, 08:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 09:21 PM (EST)

It's not possible to do the classic visit next episode, because it's a two day episode.
Also this is how crowded it would be.

bpost TC
Duel
Tree Mail with phone
RC
Visit segment
reward loser segment
IC
Scramble
TC

You can see it's a bit much for 45 minutes of actual broadcast.

OTOH, they are not marching to a combo challenge or an IC with the phone, because there's no necklace, so what are they doing?

They are probably only watching intro clips on the phone in camp. Typically there are teaser clips and there are full length clips that are locked away until a few are given the right to view them. Also, the videos have been part of the actual family visit since at least Gabon.

Blackwhale, who has gotten about half his stuff sort of right this season, said he heard that Amber would not come. First he heard Romber would not reunite, then he came back with this:
We won't see Amber, but we WILL see a Boston Rob family member this season. He makes it to that particular reward challenge.
I read spec that Rob's brother would be the one to come, same as in All Stars.

BW also said he heard that Melanie Hantz was expecting to get a call to fly but would not/did not. This was way back at the time they were filming this ep. His info may or may not be worth much, but it sounds like there was buzz about family members getting called, and it seems like his info comes from someone involved with the production, not from any cast leaks. He was getting updates before anyone returned to possibly blab.

Something interesting about BW's spoilers. I have to wonder if his source mixed up Russell and Ralph. If you flip BW's spec for the two around, it works. Ralph got an idol, Ralph and Russell did argue, Russell was dismissed from game early. Russell was supposedly out of the game shortly before Family Visit, but instead Ralph is.

Also, he is clearly going by descriptions and not names in at least some of his spoilers. HE plugged in names, but when people questioned him, he admitted that he got something more like "hunky white guy" than Mike, Grant, or Matt by name.

Russ and Ralph both have that uneducated thing going and both have beards, and I could see them getting mixed up by someone who didn't know Russell. Similar to the Amazon spoiling by ChillOne maybe.

Also, BW wasn't able to sort out what placement meant in terms of RI.
In any case, BW got some major things wrong, like Phillip out early, but he had a few things right, like he knew about the dominance of Ometepe and named Rob's Angels before the premiere.

04-28-11, 09:22 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I edited my post above after figuring out belatedly that this Episode is only two days, because Ep 11, which was expected to be two days, went through Day 30.

04-28-11, 09:47 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Thanks, OFG -- that's in sync with the IC and Rob's comment about 32 days of work down the drain both occurring on Day 32.

P.S. I've totally forgotten what Blackwhale's spoilers even were, but your comments have intrigued me so I plan to revisit them. I also want to revisit Jeff's pre-game comments and Ep. 1.

04-28-11, 10:13 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

New web promo is up -- there is a family visit this episode, and there's a question about who will sacrifice for the others as spec'd per the clues.

BR, thought you'd be interested in this because Matt says he really wants to win....and the implication is that he's talking about Family Visit, so maybe it happens at RI? I need to rewatch the clip again:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=yj9Myl0oZXOxe2wrsyWMBOf52B7Ub5bc

ETA: Yep, the family members arrive at RI with everyone there and it appears that the RI people are also eligible to win the family visit.

04-28-11, 10:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I had thought the RI people might get something. For one thing, they are still in the game, but mostly because I was struck by Matt talking about his family last night, and we know what it usually means when they show someone talking about how much they miss their loved ones.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-29-11, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
You know what the Ometepe's COULD do is "bet" on the winner of the 4-person duel, and those winners get to see their family. That could explain why everyone is sad as they walked back to the beach... They each picked, like, Mike or Matt to "win" - and maybe Ralph wins (Matt comes in second, for drama's sake), sending everyone back empty handed (and maybe Mike/Steve to the jury).

Then they could combine "reward" with RI, and allow the last 30-40 minutes or so for Immunity and scrambling.

04-28-11, 10:44 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Don't know why I didn't see the combined duel and family visit RC coming. Obviously there wasn't time for both and it wasn't going to work as a combo with the RC.

04-28-11, 10:50 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Don't beat yourself up . You've been on target with the calendar, double boot, etc.

I'm just thrilled to see there will be a family visit. Agree that it's only fair to let the RI people have a shot at the family visit. And yes, this should be huge for Matt. They really set it up well this last episode with him so down, and now this should give him the extra drive to push on.

04-29-11, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Regarding the family visit. It makes no sense to me that the RI winner of the Quadruel would be the one to sacrifice so that the remaining players in the game, the Ome's, could see their families. Of course he'll choose to sacrifice his visit so that the other on RI can visit with their family.

I think that the Ome's will be playing for the chance to see their family member as well, there is so much more at stake, perhaps, than "just" the IN. They may not be told this until they arrive at the IC...

I also think that there is a chance that Amber will be there. We see that the family members most likely will not be participating in a challenge, so why couldn't Amber be there? You know the producers are going to want her! She's a WINNER! Blackwhale was fed a load of BS, so I don't think he really had anything. If she's about 6 months pregnant, than it's still ok to fly, especially if she has had an uneventful pregnancy. If she indeed has had an uneventful pregnancy to date, I see no reason other than she couldn't leave her other little baby at the time, for her to be there. I'm holding out hope.

I do have some doubts, however, because if she were to be there, don't you think that they'd really pimp it?

I also thought to discuss something else in here. I noted last week in the SOTS that they have to start thinking about booting Grant. If the occasion should arrive that he doesn't have immunity, then they better consider it or he could literally run over them to the finals. If I were Rob, the best way I could come up with to boot Grant would be to boot him while playing the HII. Get everyone to vote for him, yet tell his trusted Natalie and Phillip to vote for Grant....Rob plays the idol, and Grant gets the boot. So, the perfect time to boot Grant would be when he or Rob do not have the IN...in a perfect world. Grant could not fault Rob for playing the HII to save himself. Sure he might be a little pissed that Rob didn't confide, yet it underlines that he's playing the game for himself, first and foremost, and how can you fault someone for that.....

Just putting that out there.

04-29-11, 10:35 AM (EST)
27. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Unless the challenge is a game of pick-up-sticks I don't see how they can fit everyone into the arena. Family visit could be done simply as a reward for having made it this far.

The walk to challenge with the phone box could be a walk to the arena with the phone bax. Sacrifice is somehow related.

I wouldn't mind seeing Amber but for the too pregnant to travel factor. Rob could talk to Amber on the phone, maybe gives that up knowing she can't participate in a family visit.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I also think that there is a chance that Amber will be there.

You silly, there's already 5 Ambers there!

04-29-11, 11:08 AM (EST)
29. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
That's my point, if she's 6 months pregnant that's 24 weeks, that's not too pregnant to travel, if it's an uneventful pregnancy. I travelled through 8 months of pregnancy before, on more than one occasion, and in more than one pregnancy...No big deal, for a normal pregnancy. And, especially since it's not that long of a trip from Florida, where she lives. I don't see any contraindications for it....

Oh, and emy...I love you, Rob...

04-29-11, 11:31 AM (EST)
30. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I'm pretty certain they have the discussions and make their choices for family visitors before they leave, and without knowing in advance whether those visitors will or will not be required to participate in a challenge.

04-29-11, 02:59 PM (EST)
33. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Re Amber: I have no doubt CBS would love to have her and I'm sure she and the baby will be there at the reunion. But re traveling: I don't think it's so much that she wouldn't want to fly when she's 6 months pregnant -- the issue is more, do you want to go to a country where there's malaria, dengue, etc. when you're 6 months pregnant and have another little one at home? (Granted, the area where Survivor is filming isn't one of the "worst" areas in Nic for malaria, by why chance it when you're pregnant.) And if the loved ones compete, would Amber want to take part in that? And strategically, I think it's easier for Rob to give up the visit if it's his brother...and knowing Rob, I'm sure he gave that some consideration.

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-11, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
While I would love to see Amber; other than the health risks, I don't think strategically it would be a good move to have Amber as the family visitor.
1) The girls it seems adore Rob, they are young..infatuated even..nothing blows that bubble if pregnant wife shows up.
2) Amber is a reminder to the others that Rob has played before several times, has won $100K for being runner up and married the winner.

I even felt a little worried for him, when Amber was brought up at last TC.

04-29-11, 04:32 PM (EST)
36. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Ha, great point about a pregnant Amber bursting the girls' bubble!

The big question I'm wondering about is Grant's wife. She is an actress and it'll be interesting to see if he brings her or not.

04-29-11, 08:56 PM (EST)
39. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Right, remember how Brian Heidik's wife coming was not good for him? Too hot, too obviously well to do.

FP, I know you want to see Romber, but I would give it up. Expect Mike Mariano ...

It is interesting though that Grant and Rob's family members are left out of the promo. Also they don't look so unhappy as the girls do afterwards. I know Rob can sacrifice a visit if strategy dictates. Grant seems very attached to his wife though. (all his tweets)

and yes, they do designate the visitor prior to leaving for filming.

Perhaps Amber didn't want to be back in a Survivor camp, pregnant. Just wants hubby to come home with the title and the dough?

04-30-11, 08:33 AM (EST)
40. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
You guys are probably right... I think if Amber did come, we'd be seeing her in the promos. She would be a draw. We don't see Rob's, Grant's, Rooster's, or Steve's family members...

04-30-11, 10:53 PM (EST)
41. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I would like to see Amber and Rob, hey, I watched their wedding special.
I just don't want to anticipate something if it's not going to happen.
I would also like to see Rob win Survivor, but again I don't want to be disappointed and I don't feel like he does.

Just my psychology for avoiding let-down.

I do think that Rob is very strategic, and was planning to win this game from the moment he agreed to do it. When it comes to picking a visitor, it is not a good idea to invite your wife who was a previous winner. There you sit, the F2 of All Stars, and don't forget two times on TAR--one time came in second place. Well, that is just a good reason to vote him out.

A brother is non-threatening and frankly dispensable if it turns out you don't get to see him. (Unless you are Matt, in which case seeing your brother is everything.)

05-01-11, 12:28 PM (EST)
43. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Well, I expect an actual family member; but Rob knows a lot of Survivor alums, I think it would be fun had they gone that way, and the producers would love it. Kathy was with him in All-Stars and voted for him to win, got over her personal disappointments. Lex, obviously, would not be a good choice. How's Ethan's recovery coming along? Jeff loves Coach. Richard wouldn't be able to come, he's out. Colby, now a History Channel buddy and pal. Rupert. Hunter. Jerri, Amber's original buddy in crime. Cirie, everyone loves Cirie.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-01-11, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Of course Amber is there!! You Bozos! No one knows more than Ambuh what it's like to have a family member be there.

My money is on Amber to show. Look at Rob ... he's got a case of cry-baby-itis -- AMBER + fetus are in the building!

05-01-11, 09:47 PM (EST)
46. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I wouldn't want to go there pregnant.
There are several vaccinations that need to be up to date, and vaccinating while pregnant could be iffy.

Nicaragua has dengue, malaria, dysentary, over a dozen kinds of poisonous snakes, and this thing called a Chagas bug that is bad news. Holly got bitten by a beetle, hope it wasn't one of those.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5788522/survivor_nicaragua_poisonous_bugs_and.html?cat=16

Not to mention this is a show that has asked Loved Ones to eat Scorpions ...

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-02-11, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Well ... time will tell I guess. ... but you do make a strong argument, my dear OFG!

05-03-11, 01:23 AM (EST)
49. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Scarlett, this is one of those times when I would rather be wrong.

Another thing that occurs to me is that fans wouldn't like "almost" seeing Romber reunited. Like if it turns out to be one where Rob decides to pass on the visit in order to further himself in the game or simply (gasp) loses the challenge.

Now here's one for your side:

Amber shows up and she is beautiful and the three girls realize Rob could care less about them compared to his wife, so they turn on him, and he says "42 days of hard work for nothing!"

05-03-11, 01:38 AM (EST)
50. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Some spec of mine on the family visit non-challenge:

In the pic below, we see that the word WHO most likely means "WHICH OF THESE FOUR" gets it, or as Jeff and Matt say, wins to get it. It does not split screen the two groups and say WHO, which would then mean WHICH OF THESE TWO GROUPS gets it.

So, somebody wins from RI and gets love, and may be offered a choice to pick someone from RI. I don't think they will mix the two groups on a reward, as that is just a bit too much and is one step away from bringing the jurors in and letting them all party together. Also, it may not be the winner per se who wins love, it may be all three who stay in, you just don't know.

Next premise: WHO means the same on the Murlonia pic: WHICH OF THESE SIX will SACRIFICE. And it may mean plural.

The graphics overlay doesn't have the whole sentence used by the announcer.
"Who will sacrifice" suggests that someone gives up the visit for someone else. But the full teaser when you add audio asks:
Who will sacrifice for it?

That asks who will give something up in order to get IT, the LOVE. If the teaser meant sacrifice for someone else, then the person who sacrifices does not get IT, just the opposite, so I think more likely this is about a trade-off for the Merlonia. How bad do they want it?

It looks to me like the RI folks duel for it, but as producers don't have time for two challenges, the Murlonia are asked if they will give something up in order to get their visits. No free lunch on Survivor.

Now back to the WHO -- that suggests WHICH individuals rather than "will the group make a sacrifice as a group decision." This picture shows their shock at something. A few are smiling or laughing. Terms announced?

Possible sacrifices:
1) give up camp essentials, but that would be a group decision, so I'll sideline that one.

2) agree to sit out the immunity competition in exchange for a visit. That would be interesting. We know though that all line up looking ready, and five definitely compete. Natalie is the only one who might not compete. That would say a lot about how much they all need immunity. Also it puts the producers in a place where they might all choose not to play for immunity (hold out a rock), which would be a big problem with this gigantic challenge set already built.

3) Choice like "feast" OR "visit." Feast to get strong and win challenges, or visit with no food, just rice for everyone.

4) You tell me. I'm sure there are more possibilities.

Grant says, it's priceless, man. Reflection on the value of the love from home?
Must not forget that one castaway has an emotional decision brought by treemail, as that needs to fit in the puzzle.

05-03-11, 06:28 AM (EST)
51. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
Yes, OFG that is pretty much my spec too, but you have added more with the Murlonio's than I did....I think their loved ones may come to the IC as well, and then that winner will win the love and something will have to be sacrificed so that the others can get the love too....?

Must not forget that one castaway has an emotional decision brought by treemail, as that needs to fit in the puzzle.

I have been thinking about this as well...I was thinking that the one that gets the tree mail and reads it must make the first sacrifice. If you are reading this, will you forego your video so that the others can get theirs? Or, something like that. We see the Murlonio's watching theirs so perhaps Phillip, who is usually the one that gets up first goes and gets it and gives up his video for the others, or something like that. Matt would most likely do it on RI???

05-03-11, 10:47 AM (EST)
52. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I was thinking the emotional decision clue could just be another clue about Matt's frame of mind. Maybe we see him feeling low, not particularly caring about the game and what happens, and then the treemail refers to the family visit so he makes the decision that, yes, he's going to give it his all to get back into it.

05-03-11, 11:05 AM (EST)
53. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
I like your spec better, BR....agree, most likely it's Matt. He'll read the tree mail and have to make an emotional decision to as you note, to give it his all and get back into the game...

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-03-11, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: S22 Ep 12 Title and Clues - "You Mangled My Nets""
FWIW, the "Who Will Sacrifice?" text goes from the Murlonios at RI arena stands to one frame of the Matt confessional. While it may be a stretch to think that indicates Matt is the one sacrificing, the religious (not so subtle) sub-text arguably makes Matt the logical choice.

The question is whether the sacrifice is usual CBS hype or not. If so, then BR's option seems the most likely scenario. If sacrifice is not the usual CBS hype, but actually indicates a decision that needs to be made, the question is whether this is one that would be made before the duel is run or after the sacrifice.

I don't like the idea of players sacrificing a shot at Immunity for loved ones. That's huge stakes. Don't think Survivor has ever been that cruel. If they do that, however, it is noteworthy that Natalie is the only one not shown in the challenge.

I toyed with the idea of players sacrificing a shot at the duel for loved ones, but that one seems even worse, since it would dictate that whoever didn't participate would be out of the game. I don't see anyone accepting that offer. Of course, the offer could be made to sacrifice in order to watch videos. No one agrees, so then loved ones appear. Survivor loves to do the reward for sacrifice thing.

If the decision about sacrifice is made after the duel has been won, then the decision might be "do you let everyone view their videos but you don't see yours?" followed by the loved ones appearance. Again, the sacrifice/reward thing.

I do lean towards the sacrifice being linked with Matt in some way since he is shown in that confessional.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •