The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-22-11, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-11 AT 00:47 AM (EST)

Don't go if you don't want to know!

A poster named donutsrule found this interview on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Elrod/153262258063314

At the five minute mark the interviewer says "Here's the thing, you actually got to do something that no one else has done. You've been out of the game and reentered the game twice."

Here's just the interview so you don't have to read that FB page.

http://www.totalaxxess.com/components/com_listen/files/audio_315.mp3

Now, the interviewer could have misspoken, OR it's a major spoiler that, as many of us are predicting, Matt comes back into the game from RI for a second time, so take it FWIW.

edited to fix links.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks dabo 04-22-11 1
   RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks SquidProQuo 04-22-11 3
 RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks SquidProQuo 04-22-11 2
 RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks Outfrontgirl 04-22-11 4
   RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks Estee 04-22-11 5
   RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks SquidProQuo 04-22-11 6
 RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks SquidProQuo 04-22-11 7
   RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks Outfrontgirl 04-22-11 8
       RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks dabo 04-22-11 9
 RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks SquidProQuo 04-27-11 10
   RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks dabo 04-27-11 11
       RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks kiki_k 04-27-11 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-11, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
The Needle for the Christian Bubble (whatever that means)

Story that he didn't apply for Survivor isn't true, but "the opportunity came up." He has an agent because he's been in music videos to pay the rent. (His dad is a doctor.) He was tempted to play the game of Survivor but God would stop him in his tracks, God put him on the show. He doesn't regret talking to Rob and getting sent back to RI for it, he knew he had a target on his back, and he thought no one in their right mind that was thinking of going after someone would tell them that they were thinking about going after them, "I might have out-dumbed myself on that one." Thought getting sent back to Redemption Island was a really big joke and it felt good to be back, the next morning was a low point. Didn't feel bad for Russell. Rob was so sly that he convinced everyone the he was going to go to Final with them, nobody was talking to each other because they all thought they were going to Final with Rob, he made himself the Golden Ticket to the end.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-22-11, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
Dabo, I googled Total Axxess Radio -- it's a national contemporary Christian music radio program based out of Nashville, Tennessee. It appears that Wally the host is very popular in Nashville and the Bible Belt.

Here's part of Wally's bio:

"I am not a pastor or counselor. I am a guy who did mainstream radio shows for 13 years till God got a hold of me and brought me here....I have seen God use the serious as well as the silly things we do to change lives and that is the goal of this show."

Can definitely see how Wally and Matt would get along well...and Matt says that his brother listens to Wally every day.

04-22-11, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
Thanks Kiki for bringing this over! I think the part about Rob promising everyone he'll go to the end with them and none of them comparing notes is the most interesting.

Looks like Matt's getting ready for a major Christian media tour.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-11, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-11 AT 02:08 AM (EST)

I see how this looks, but I don't think it's a spoiler. Matt is very careful. He deleted his entire Twitter account instead of doing like the others and stopping tweets about the show when CBS emailed everyone.

I think what radio announcer means is
Matt's been out of the game twice (voted out, which is usually the end), and reentered the game twice by getting two second chances on RI. No one else has ever done that.

He didn't say "returned." He said re-entered the game, and although it sounds like a fine point, I think he's simply referring to the fact that RI is a way to be back in the game.

Technically, Matt was never out of the game, but he's not thinking in as precise terms as we would.

For all he knows, Matt has been voted out three times, but so far only two.

As for Boston Rob, again the interview is centered on the time of the game that has aired so far. Why was Russell taken out by his tribe but not Rob? It's really a question about pre-merge strategy.

Answer -- Rob convinced each one they were going to the Finals with him We've seen that with Phillip, Natalie and Grant, and we haven't been shown the rest, but now we can assume he did.

They all decided to ride with Rob to the end. Now maybe that continues, or maybe people start waking up pretty soon to "I'm not one of the chosen two." But Matt is not giving the future away, only the past.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-11, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
Turning the question into 'Are Janelle and Erika ever going to have a private conversation?'

04-22-11, 09:22 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
OFG, I agree re the spoiler part. And surely Matt's too smart to correct the host and parse his words, so he'd just let it go.

Still think the Boston Rob stuff is the most interesting part because it shows some insight on Matt's part and helps explain the sheep's behavior. And if Rob has made F3 promises to everyone, it'll be interesting to see if they feel betrayed now when Omes have to start eating their own.

04-22-11, 05:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
Just noticed this Jeff tweet -- not sure if it's about this radio interview or another one, but he seems to be joking about it.

@bh1992 Our Matt? Say it isn't so! @JeffProbst Arent survivors forbidden 2 talk about the show? Matt spilled the beans about a lot

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-11, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
jeez, what a tattletale to run to Probst!

I think the Rob info is VERY interesting. My caution was to not jump to the conclusion that he never got ousted, as I believe Matt is being very careful to stick to what we have seen to date.

04-22-11, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-11 AT 11:56 PM (EST)

Seemed to me Matt mainly wanted to dispel the rumor that his agent got him cast on Survivor, which the interviewer led with, and which he may not believe is anything he is restricted from discussing. As for the show itself, he restricted himself to talking only about things that have happened up to Day 27, not taking any bait from how the interviewer worded things. Good boy.

The stuff about Rob is interesting and spoiler, because even though all of Rob's final deals were made long before Day 27 they weren't all in the edit as aired.

04-27-11, 10:43 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
Looks like Matt's getting ready for a major Christian media tour.

Well, here's another Matt interview, this time with Christian Today magazine. It says that CBS doesn't typically allow players to do interviews before the game is over, but they've allowed an "exclusive"/exception. I do think CBS is proactively trying to court the Christian/Bible Belt viewership.

A few nuggets of interest:

How did you reconcile your faith with knowing that the only way to get ahead in Survivor is to play with dishonesty?

"Here's the typical three-step plan to winning Survivor: 1. Get people to trust you. 2. Blindside them at your convenience. 3. Convince them you're still friends and you were only playing a game so they vote for you at the end. Brutal, right? But I have progressed through the game by being "friends" with everyone, without lying or backstabbing. I am thankful for God placing me on Redemption Island (isolated from other contestants) to get this far. It's like God knew I wouldn't last a week in any other season of Survivor. So I'm grateful."

Is it possible to win the game by being honest and friendly? And do you think every winner of Survivor over the years has had to be dishonest to win?

"I think there is a happy middle ground somewhere, but since I was trying to make a statement about Jesus' character, there was no room for anything but integrity. I think Ethan who won Survivor: Africa (in 2001) was completely straight-laced and won. You have to win a lot of immunity challenges. So it's possible."

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/movies/interviews/2011/hardplacetobe.html?start=1

P.S. I'm glad that this interview came out because DonutsRule over at Sucks was feeling guilty after someone snitched to Jeff, but clearly CBS is endorsing this.

04-27-11, 10:57 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
Donuts shouldn't feel guilty about anything, it was a good solid find. They haven't given us anything this week from RI except Matt's religious crisis. Sounds like he is getting to a realization about the game in hype RI terms that Probst can sell. I think this also means Matt will continue on RI this week, the epiphany may not even come this week, but wait for it, we're getting there.

It's a sign from above!

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-27-11, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Matt Spoiler on Sucks"
I agree with dabo - -shocking, I know .

Also, donutrules shouldn't feel guilty at all that some RAT FINK snitched to Jeff. My dad always told one of us when we tried to tell on the other: no one likes a tattle tale. Geez people.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •