The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-25-11, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu..."
<waves to OFG>
Hey...I did some digging and here are the refs I can find on the 'no standalone RCs' issue.

First is this article from EW (Dalton Ross) with JP quotes intermixed thru article.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/20/survivor-jeff-probst-redemption-island-twist/

text of interest (12/20/10)
---------------------
In another format switch, since each episode will include a Redemption Island duel, you can expect there to be just one combined reward/immunity challenge per episode for the players that have yet to be voted out. “This is the most excited I’ve been in a long time when it comes to a twist. I really hope Redemption Island adds a new layer that we can use for years to come,” said Probst. “We have no idea what’s gong to happen. It’s a big risk. It could fail miserably. I don’t think it’s going to.”
-----------------

Comment: It should be noted that it is NOT JP who makes the mention of 'just one combined RC/IC per episode' in this article....it is Dalton Ross. All that said, Dalton has proven to be a reliable source and subject to blatant misdirection and this info might have been derived in contemporaneous notes from talks/interviews with JP.

======================================================
Next is this Andy Dehnart article ref, tho there is no indication where exactly his info came from.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_redemption_island/2010_Dec_20_details

Text of interest (12/20/10)
---------------------
The official announcement of Survivor Redemption Island on Sunday night was followed by additional details about the new, game-changing twist. Among other things, there will usually be two challenges per episode, a combined reward and immunity plus the new redemption duel, while the twist is something that CBS has rejected for years.
---------------------

Comment: I think the use of the word 'usually' might just mean...usually a combined RC/IC AND a RI Duel...meaning that there won't always be both a RC/IC and a RI Duel in each and every episode. And we have seen just that. Now how valid is AndyD's info? I think he's likely gleaning it from EW's article.

=================================================

And another mention of the RC/IC issue in an interview of Mark Burnett by Andy Dehnart

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_redemption_island/2011_Jan_07_burnett_interview

Text of interest (1/07/11)
---------------------
“One last question. So, Survivor has had some budget cuts that Jeff Probst has talked about, with back-to-back seasons,” I said, referring to the conversation I had with Probst a year and a half ago, when he told me that filming two seasons in the same location, one after the other, was only “because of budget cuts” and “to save money,” and said that change was “going to be hard on” the hundreds of crew members who produce the show. (Read that whole interview for the full quotes.)

I continued, “Do you think that’s hurt the show? Not being able to do two challenges an episode, having to stay in the same place?”

Burnett said, “We can do two challenges an episode. What are you talking about?”

“Like this past season: So many combined reward/immunity challenges,” I said.

“That had nothing to with budget. That was a creative choice,” he said. “We have plenty of budget to do whatever challenges we want.”

“It’s just to focus more on the strategy, then?” I asked, standing corrected and genuinely curious about both my apparently inaccurate assumption—that budget also affected their ability to do two big challenges an episode—and how interesting it is that producers are choosing to eliminate 50 percent of one of the major draws, the competition.

“It depends what’s happening in the episode,” Burnett said. “In the episode…” He was interrupted by someone who came over to give him a hug and make small talk, and so I didn’t follow up on this, but it sounded like he was suggesting that they decide how many challenges to have on the fly, based on what’s going on, and that doesn’t make sense, considering how much planning and work is involved in creating each challenge.

Burnett returned from talking to the other person and said, “It has nothing to do with budget. You ask such stupid questions.”
---------------------

Comment: So Burnett basically skirted the issue and stuck to his story that the Producers can choose to do whatever they want each season and none of those decisions are based on budget...tho some decisions might be based on in-game events('what's happening in the episode'). Burnett addressed the budget issue, saying it didn't restrict separate RC/ICs, but didn't address whether time would be a constraining factor.

There might be other interviews/articles covering this issue but this is what I could find at the moment. Hope it helps.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clues   SquidProQuo     04-21-11       
   RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   SquidProQuo     04-21-11     1  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   michel     04-22-11     28  
   RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Brownroach     04-21-11     2  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   tribephyl     04-21-11     5  
         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   SquidProQuo     04-21-11     7  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Corvis     04-21-11     6  
         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Brownroach     04-21-11     8  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Woogie     04-22-11     20  
         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   dabo     04-22-11     21  
             RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Woogie     04-22-11     23  
                 RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   dabo     04-22-11     24  
                     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   suzzee     04-25-11     46  
   RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   tribephyl     04-21-11     3  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   dabo     04-21-11     4  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   SquidProQuo     04-21-11     9  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Georjanna     04-21-11     17  
   RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Brownroach     04-21-11     10  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   SquidProQuo     04-21-11     12  
         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Outfrontgirl     04-21-11     13  
             RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Flowerpower     04-21-11     16  
   RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Outfrontgirl     04-21-11     11  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   SquidProQuo     04-21-11     14  
         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   dabo     04-21-11     15  
             RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Outfrontgirl     04-22-11     19  
                 RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   SquidProQuo     04-22-11     22  
                     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   dabo     04-22-11     25  
                 RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   michel     04-22-11     29  
                     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Outfrontgirl     04-23-11     31  
                     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   PepeLePew13     04-23-11     34  
                         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   michel     04-23-11     35  
   RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   SquidProQuo     04-21-11     18  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Krautboy     04-22-11     26  
         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   SquidProQuo     04-22-11     27  
             RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Krautboy     04-23-11     30  
                 RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Outfrontgirl     04-23-11     32  
                     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   tribephyl     04-23-11     33  
                         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Round Robin     04-24-11     36  
                         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Outfrontgirl     04-24-11     37  
                             RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Blind Freddy     04-25-11     47  
                                 RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Outfrontgirl     04-25-11     48  
                             RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   tribephyl     04-26-11     49  
                         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Brownroach     04-24-11     43  
   RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Outfrontgirl     04-24-11     38  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Flowerpower     04-24-11     40  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Woogie     04-24-11     41  
   Clues...   Flowerpower     04-24-11     39  
     RE: Clues...   Outfrontgirl     04-24-11     42  
         RE: Clues...   Round Robin     04-25-11     44  
             RE: Clues...   dabo     04-25-11     45  
                 RE: Clues... and a possible double ...   katethegreat     04-26-11     50  
                     RE: Clues... and a possible double ...   dabo     04-26-11     51  
                         RE: Clues... and a possible double ...   Flowerpower     04-26-11     52  
                     RE: Clues... and a possible double ...   parathor     04-26-11     53  
   RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   SquidProQuo     04-27-11     54  
     RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   tribephyl     04-27-11     55  
         RE: Ep 11 "A Mystery Package" - Clu...   Brownroach     04-27-11     56  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •