The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Immunity Idol"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-21-11, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Immunity Idol"
I am surprised that there seems to be no talk or looking for a second immunity idol. Isn't there a chance that there is a second immunity Idol that has not yet been found. The Idol that was played a few weeks ago. Did I miss something?

The lack of any mention of this idol surprised me for 2 reasons.

First, why aren't the former Omes looking for it. Even if they don't have a clue, Russel should have taught them that there is always a chance that you can find an idol if you look

Second, why didn't Rob split their 6 votes between two of the former Omes. He didn't know for certain that they didn't have a hidden immunity idol and the splitting of the vote gives them some security if the former Omes did have it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Immunity Idol vince3 04-21-11 1
 RE: Immunity Idol SquidProQuo 04-21-11 2
   RE: Immunity Idol esquire 04-21-11 3
       RE: Immunity Idol SquidProQuo 04-21-11 4
       RE: Immunity Idol NedraSue 04-21-11 5
   RE: Immunity Idol dabo 04-21-11 6
       RE: Immunity Idol emydi 04-21-11 7
           RE: Immunity Idol dabo 04-21-11 8
               RE: Immunity Idol emydi 04-21-11 9
                   RE: Immunity Idol dabo 04-21-11 10
                       RE: Immunity Idol Outfrontgirl 04-21-11 11
                           RE: Immunity Idol dabo 04-21-11 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-11, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Immunity Idol"
I think you have tribe names confuzzled... Russell's ex-tribe is the Zaps not the Omes...

Also, since there hasn't been any kind of Reward that goes with winning Immunity since they've merged (and Rooster playing his HII) the only one who has been (at least shown on TV) to truly worry about another HII coming back out is Boston Rob... and the Zaps did try to make the Omes panic about a possible re-hidden idol when they thought the tribe flag had been moved 2 episodes ago (double boot ep.)

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-21-11, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Immunity Idol"
Esquire, not sure if you watched last week's episode, but idol paranoia was a big theme. Rob was worried about Rooster's HII being rehidden and one of the Zaps potentially finding it. (There was the scene where David and Mike faked him out by digging at the flag poles.) But when nothing turned up (including no clue), it appears they've all resolved that there will only be 1 HII in play and Rooster's won't be rehidden.

Re why the Omes aren't looking for it: That's a good question. Some think they're too stupid and brainwashed. Some are hoping that they're really on to Rob and are just biding their time. Guess we'll know soon .

P.S. I am curious about what happens if you take the HII in your pocket to RI. Will it still be good if you come back?

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-21-11, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Immunity Idol"
>Esquire, not sure if you watched
>last week's episode, but idol
>paranoia was a big theme.
>Rob was worried about Rooster's
>HII being rehidden and one
>of the Zaps potentially finding
>it. (There was the scene
>where David and Mike faked
>him out by digging at
>the flag poles.) But when
>nothing turned up (including no
>clue), it appears they've all
>resolved that there will only
>be 1 HII in play
>and Rooster's won't be rehidden.

I did see that scene and thats why I don't understand why Rob didn't split the vote this time between Julie and either Steve or Rooster
>
>
>Re why the Omes aren't looking
>for it: That's a good
>question. Some think they're too
>stupid and brainwashed. Some are
>hoping that they're really on
>to Rob and are just
>biding their time. Guess we'll
>know soon .
>
>P.S. I am curious about what
>happens if you take the
>HII in your pocket to
>RI. Will it still be
>good if you come back?
>

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-21-11, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Immunity Idol"
I did see that scene and thats why I don't understand why Rob didn't split the vote this time between Julie and either Steve or Rooster

If there truly was a 2nd HII that the Zaps found, they would have already played it last week (when Mike was voted out). No reward or new clues this week, so Rob's concluded that there isn't a 2nd HII in play.

Plus this week the Zaps told Rob they were voting Phillip so he didn't need to worry anyway.

NedraSue 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-21-11, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Immunity Idol"
Yes, but if you recall at last episodes TC, the way they were all talking, it is obvious that they didn't find it...If I was sitting there I would say things that insinuated that one of the Zaps had been looking hard for it and may have it. That would make Robs ears perk up and make him start playing a little more sloppy.

My guess is that after last weeks TC, they returned to camp and Rob told everyone that Zaps don't have it and no need to look for it, since no reward has come up...that way, none of them would even think that it would have been hidden already.

Rob doesn't want idols in play. He would much rather keep his group around him and not out looking for another idol.

Thats my opinion...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-11, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Immunity Idol"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-11 AT 07:46 PM (EST)

At this point, post-merge, if anyone took the HII to RI its usefulness would be expired by the time someone gets back in the game from RI. Whether production would consider that a dead HII and put another in play, don't know.

After the dig they probably exhausted themselves trying to think of places to search, if they don't get clues they don't waste energy searching much. No clues with rewards when there aren't rewards, and Rob is probably making certain no one goes to treemail alone. Which just leaves Phillip and Steve at the cheeseburger bribe.

I doubt that production would ever consider putting a clue in with a sit-out bribe. But it is possible Rob might be afraid Steve found a clue, kept it to himself, found the HII, kept that to himself as well, and is hoping to force him to play it.

If Steve had the HII and was keeping it completely secret then Zaps have to vote as a blok, same as if Zaps don't have HII, splitting the vote chasing a ghost would be dangerous and promote non-unity thoughts amongst Ometepe. Amusing, they should have edited that into the show. Now that it is 6-2 Rob could afford to split the vote once but his paranoia has shifted to Matt surviving at RI.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-11, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Immunity Idol"
No it wouldn't dabo. Jiffy said the HI is good until the last show, so it would be good in second F5 and if the RI returnee with HI gets back in he/she could play it in second F5

04-21-11, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Immunity Idol"
Well, he said Rob could use it up until the finale.

He also said eight in finale. Last duel (quad-ul) on day 36 is in the finale, whoever wins rejoins 4 at Murlonio while other 3 go to jury.

At least that's how I read it.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-11, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Immunity Idol"
I took it to mean that it was usuable up to finale by anyone who has one and I think the finale will start with 4 Murls, 4 RI and 4 jury. The finale starts with quadruel and the winner returns to new F5 and can use it at the 2nd F5 TC.

Then ICS and F4 and F3 FTC. Too much to do if there if first F5 still going on in finale

Whether another HII goes into play if Rob plays his, who knows?
I think Jiffy stated no more bc of Ralph using his.

I don't think only Rob could use it, anyone with HII could. But if Rob returns from RI he definitely could/should in finale. I think a HII at RI is still valid and if that person goes back he can use it. I wonder if they could pass it like the Bible if they lose??

04-21-11, 04:16 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Immunity Idol"
Well, if the HII can be used to get to F4 in an F3 game, that pretty much guarantees Rob a spot in F3 unless he goes to RI and gets knocked out in a "duel."

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-11, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Immunity Idol"
Yeah, it's ridiculous. HII has expired at F6 (NOT in the Finale) for recent F3 seasons. Samoa, HvV, and Nicaragua, and Gabon. All expired in Ep 13.

The first F5 TC is definitely not in the Finale. That's a three day cycle per the call sheets. The Finale will start with Day 36, the final duel.

I did a whole run down on idols being rehidden in what type of season a couple weeks ago. Basically the COULD have gone with the only exact precedent, which is Fiji, where one idol found pre-merge (Yau Man) was not played like Rob's, and the other pre-merge idol was played by Alex at the merge, and they immediately re-hid it.

However, they seem to be going with the model where there is only one idol post-merge. We don't know because there hasn't been a reward, and that's the only way to get idol clues. Jeff tweeted there is no idol hidden at this time, so we know that, but the players do not.

04-21-11, 07:55 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Immunity Idol"
That could only be because the HII was played at the first merge Tribal, maybe if he'd saved it a turn it would still be rehidden. But the clues would have to go to treemail with no rewards. If Ralph hadn't played it and still had it or passed it to someone else we'd still have two HIIs in play, two players potentially with automatic F4 tickets, very insane.

Whatever the players don't know, Ralph and Rob should both know when the HIIs expire, that information is always in the provenance.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •