The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Moles at the SB "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-01, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Moles at the SB "
I read it or heard it somewhere (and I wish I had a link or evidence to back this up) that on SS there were at least 2 people planted by MB to deliberatly throw off the spoiler boards, and to give them just enough to keep at it.

In anyone's opinion, do you think that has or had happened here? The whole thing with the burnt hands has me questioning things.....that was a burn glove on Mike's hand in those pictures. I wonder if it was even thought about that he had those on when that pic was posted on the net.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Moles at the SB mistofleas 03-02-01 1
 Who knows? AyatollahKhomeini 03-02-01 2
   RE: Who knows? Minstrel 03-03-01 5
 RE: Moles at the SB SurvivorBlows 03-02-01 3
 RE: Moles at the SB Kokoro 03-03-01 4
 RE: Moles at the SB Play2Survive 03-03-01 6
   Makes sense AyatollahKhomeini 03-03-01 7
       Paranoiawilldestroya' VampKira 03-03-01 8
           RE: Paranoiawilldestroya' VampKira 03-03-01 9
 RE: Moles at the SB Tamia2001 03-04-01 10
   I'm not a mole...I'm just stupid, s... shakes the clown 03-04-01 11
       RE: I'm not a mole...I'm just stupi... ACPS65 03-04-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-01, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Moles at the SB "
Damn, you got me!! ;)
Sure, it's possible that it's happened here and may still be happening, but I don't believe that it does any good to be TOO paranoid.

I like the number 333...it's only half as evil.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-01, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Who knows?"
Diva, the person who I first saw post that theory (that ss.com has two MB moles) with regard to S2 was AtlantaFatMike, the poster who found the Mike's burned hands picture. AFM had been running an entire thread trying to get people in Michigan to ask Mike's friends if he really had burns ... and he was getting flamed mercilessly for trying to invade Mike's privacy (as if these media whores care about that). In that context, it didn't seem like he found these pictures out of the blue; he was working hard on the question. If all those posts were fakes, he should become a novelist.

Does MB really have moles on the spoiler boards? I was convinced of it during S1. I'm not so convinced of it during S2. The fact is, we have only little bits of ambiguous information this time. It's clear that some of the information we have is real. But some of it is as phony as a three-dollar bill, even if it ran in mainstream publications. And ALL of it is subject to various interpretations unless it comes from game photos. Thus, we correctly predicted that Kucha wins "blind leading the blind," but we misread everything else.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-03-01, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who knows?"
Aya, MB was asked on "The Early Show" if he was (I think) doing anything about all the speculation about Survivor on the Internet. That in fact, was he creating false leads. He smirked a bit and did not say anything!

OK, when someone "takes the fifth," I say they are involved. Sure, why say no? That would either make him a liar, or "spoil" all the fun! It is great advertising for the show to have us trying to hunt down this aspect of spoilers. We become more addicted to the show.

Say yes? Why confirm it? Then we just attack people as being MB moles. Still, no hurt to the show IMO.

From this, I can say I think there could be people "planting" false information who are hired by MB. It ensures more discussion will occur and thus aid in drawing viewers. So, his non-answer swings the tide toward "yes."

And, I think MB learned after S1 many things he is now using for S2. But to what degree is he creating Internet "material?" With us, he doesn't seem to need much!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-01, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Moles at the SB "
The Mole?

...no, that's over on our other site FindTheMole.com it's that way ===>>

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-03-01, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Moles at the SB "
The thing is....this season we have nothing solid to go on.
With all the crazy speculation on all the boards, we all may as well be moles. ^-^

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-01, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Moles at the SB "
MB is an undisputed master at manipulating a mass audience, so anyone who thinks he is not savvy enough or just too lazy to plant moles on the internet is misjudging him. I don't doubt for a second that his now idle staff, not to mention MB himself, get a kick out of mixing up the theories when they get too close to the truth.

Any analytical minds out there out of work? If I had the time, I would go through SB episode by episode to look for contributors who have consistently offered theories in direct opposition to actual outcomes. Who diverted all of us off Kimmi and onto Alicia in E5? - that was a bit random. I bet with a lot of time and a deductive mind, someone can spot the moles.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-03-01, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Makes sense "
The problem is, I feel stupid in these "mole" discussions. I started out right on E5, as did SB, and then by a day later, I had been persuaded to drop Kimmi and switch to Alicia. Duhhh...

In E6, someone on ss.com ezboard on Wednesday discovered that a footnote placeholder had been found on the Survivor home page that wasn't there before. This appeared to be a strong indicator of an injury boot in E6. And we knew that Michael was legitimately burned and that a third-degree burn could take two months to heal. But I thought about the "Gervase-X" disaster from last year and concluded that MB was trying to mislead us away from the "truth" of his statement that there were no serious injuries. Wrong again; the lie was his statement, not the Web page.

Right now, I don't need MB to mislead me; I'm doing a good enough job on my own.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-03-01, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Paranoiawilldestroya'"
Oh my god!!.. I'm sitting here at my computer minding my own business...and I swear, I tell ya... there's a couple a MB special agents looking at me through binoculars from the bedroom of the house next door... Do you think they are trying to see what I'm posting?? Do you think they think, that I think, that we think, we know what is really going on??? Shoot... What was that...??? I think somebody is tring to break in through the broken window in my basement that my cats use.. Do you think they have my whole house bugged?? I'd better not talk about it out loud.. I must play it cool.. and act like I don't know a thing....... If I dissappear.... call Charlie.. and send the rest of the Angels to rescue me....

--Kris Monroe--

**GO NICK**

"No sign of the morning coming, you've been left on your own, like a rainbow in the dark."-Ronnie James Dio

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-03-01, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Paranoiawilldestroya'"
By the way, Bri.. Your supply of hairspray, is under the left hand side of the bar by the cash register.....I know how it motivates you..

**GO NICK**

"No sign of the morning coming, you've been left on your own, like a rainbow in the dark."-Ronnie James Dio

Tamia2001 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

03-04-01, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamia2001 Click to send private message to Tamia2001 Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Moles at the SB "
I was convinced for a while that Kimmi would go 3rd or 4th.But posts here swayed me from that opinion,so I went along with them and became convinced she would "be around for a while".(As someone here posted).
But I don't blame that on any mole,everyone was trying to figure it out and posting various ideas.

Honestly,I don't believe in the honestly of the producers or contestants on the show,and I think we are definately being spoon-fed false clues.Which is a real bummer,IMHO.

Last week I correctly picked Mike,but on 2 other S2 websites.(I couldn't get logged in here because of traffic)
I assumed that he would be the bootie,and probably get burned.I even guessed that he may have gotten hit by lightning somehow.(Actually,I figured that he was holding something that got slightly hit by lightning)
I guessed the lightning bunk because of several posts about it on different S2 forums.
But I guessed Mike totally because of editing and nothing that was posted anywhere.

But....my assumptions about the editing also point toward a scripted show.So take it for what it's worth.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-01, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "I'm not a mole...I'm just stupid, sorry."
As much as Ayatollah would like to blame himself for the last two bootees, I am just as much of a culprit.

I am pretty sure that it was me who started the idea that the Kimmi-Alicia fight would lead to Alicia's dismissal....then a few days later I posted the thread about Burnett/storylines and realized that Alicia had to stick around b/c of the airtime the Jefflicia allicance was getting, but instead of switching back to the obvious bootee choice, I overanalyzed and somehow pulled Nick's name out of my @ss (in case anyone was wondering where he's been this whole season)

Then, this week I was one of the strong proponents of the "injury is not serious enough to cause Mike to leave" theory....I once again completely overanalyzed the previews and also completely misanalyzed some Burnett interview quotes regarding the seriousness of the injury and his decison to include footaga of it.

I have decided that from now on instead of posting any theory I have, regardless of how "sound" it looks at the time...I will let the idea fester in my head for a day to see if I can find holes in it BEFORE I put it out there like a runaway train.

ANd repeat after me "I'M NO LONGER AFRAID TO GO WITH THE OBVIOUS CHOICE!"

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-04-01, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I'm not a mole...I'm just stupid, sorry."
Heh Heh.

Final Three: Alicia Calaway, Jeff Varner, Elisabeth Filarski.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •