The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-11, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Voice Overs..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-11 AT 07:24 AM (EST)

Posting the voice overs from the promos here:

Probst : Grant!...and Rob are through! Hello!
Probst: Rob cements control of his tribe.
Rob: One, two...
Ometepe Tribe : Ometepe.
Probst: Or does he?
Grant : I'm my own man. I make my own decisions.
Probst: And Phillip gets a makeover.
Jeff Probst : Phillip, did you have a collision with a hawk
Phillip: I asked for a sign and out of thin air appeared this feather.

VO: Matt fought his way off Redemption Island, only to be blindsided by Boston Rob...
Matt: "I feel like a moron."
VO: ... and get sent back again.
Dave: "This was like a hit straight out of a mob movie."
VO: Now, the island Godfather...
Rob: "It's my game. I'm in charge."
VO: ... is pulling all the strings.
Julie: "There's no breaking their loyal shield."
VO: But even a mob boss is afraid of something.
Rob: VO: Will two Tribal Councils ...
Phillip: "I've got to make something happen."
VO: ... end his reign?
Rob: "You have to gamble."

So, what do the voiceovers tell us? First of all it points out that "Rob cements control of his tribe", but then..."or does he?" Is this misdirection?

We get David's reaction shot of the boot, "This was like a hit straight out of a mob movie". Which, I might add, David admired....more Rob love?

Then we have a cocky, Godfather-like Rob. It's my game. I'm in charge. Rob has told us many times that he has to be the leader....he can't sit in the passenger side of the car, if he's going, he has to be in the drivers seat. With the merge, they have to vie for positions. This is not surprising that he's gotten himself in the drivers seat. But, if they are making him out to be cocky, uh-oh.

Then, we hear that all of the Ome's are loyal, from Julie, there's no breaking their loyal shield.

But, then the VO casts some doubt...but even a mob boss is afraid of something. And immediately we hear from Phillip, who has to make something happen. Notice that they insert Phillip, who's going to try and make something happen immediately after hinting that the mob boss has to be afraid of something. Are they trying to say that Rob should be weary of Phillip?

Then they ask, Will two TC's end his reign? Then we have Rob noting, you have to gamble. Is Phillip willing to gamble? Is Rob willing to gamble? Note in the promo they show the HII, will Rob gamble and NOT use the HII? I think so.

Most likely this is all hype. Casting doubt on Rob, once again. It's beginning to turn into a show where everyone is being hyped as against Rob. Rob vs. everyone...hmmm?

It just seems that all of the promos so far are about casting doubt on Rob. Will he be able to keep control....once again the theme is about keeping control. It's either misdirection or foreshadowing...most likely misdirection.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Flowerpower     04-07-11       
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   byoffer     04-07-11     1  
     RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   dabo     04-07-11     2  
         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   rachelOH63     04-07-11     3  
   This week's clues confirm 2 boots   SquidProQuo     04-07-11     4  
     RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   tribephyl     04-07-11     5  
         RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   parathor     04-07-11     6  
             RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   Brownroach     04-07-11     7  
         RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   Brownroach     04-07-11     8  
             RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   CTgirl     04-07-11     11  
         RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   KimberA00     04-07-11     9  
         RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   Scarlett O Hara     04-07-11     14  
     RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   Corvis     04-07-11     10  
         RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   Brownroach     04-07-11     12  
     RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo...   Flowerpower     04-07-11     13  
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Jaxxjack     04-07-11     15  
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Georjanna     04-08-11     16  
   Voice Overs...   Flowerpower     04-08-11     17  
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Flowerpower     04-08-11     18  
     RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Travel_Queen     04-08-11     19  
         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   parathor     04-08-11     20  
             RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Flowerpower     04-08-11     21  
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   television     04-08-11     22  
     RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Outfrontgirl     04-08-11     23  
         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Flowerpower     04-08-11     24  
             RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Outfrontgirl     04-09-11     28  
                 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Flowerpower     04-09-11     34  
                     RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   michel     04-09-11     36  
                         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   tribephyl     04-09-11     37  
                             RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Outfrontgirl     04-09-11     39  
                     RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Chillicrab     04-11-11     46  
                         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   parathor     04-12-11     47  
         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   vince3     04-08-11     25  
     RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Chillicrab     04-08-11     26  
         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Outfrontgirl     04-09-11     27  
             RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   kingfish     04-09-11     29  
                 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   blueeyed     04-09-11     30  
                     RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   kingfish     04-09-11     33  
                 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   parathor     04-09-11     32  
                 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Flowerpower     04-09-11     35  
                     RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   kingfish     04-09-11     38  
                         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Outfrontgirl     04-10-11     40  
                         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Flowerpower     04-10-11     42  
                             RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Outfrontgirl     04-10-11     43  
                                 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Flowerpower     04-11-11     44  
         RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Belle Book     04-09-11     31  
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   Outfrontgirl     04-10-11     41  
     RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System"   dabo     04-11-11     45  
   Survivor Tweet   Flowerpower     04-12-11     48  
     RE: Survivor Tweet   dabo     04-12-11     49  
     RE: Survivor Tweet   ajglitch     04-12-11     50  
         RE: Survivor Tweet   dabo     04-12-11     51  
             RE: Survivor Tweet   ajglitch     04-12-11     52  
                 RE: Survivor Tweet   dabo     04-12-11     54  
                     RE: Survivor Tweet   ChickieBoc     04-13-11     55  
                         RE: Survivor Tweet   dabo     04-13-11     59  
         RE: Survivor Tweet   Flowerpower     04-12-11     53  
             RE: Survivor Tweet   Outfrontgirl     04-13-11     56  
   Thoughts on the Surprise   michel     04-13-11     57  
     RE: Thoughts on the Surprise   dabo     04-13-11     58  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •