The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 7, Video Captures"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-11, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 7, Video Captures"
Thanks to Survivor Fever, you rock!

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Probst : One of the most difficult aspects of the game of Survivor is mental fatigue.

Stephanie: I'm losing my mind.

Julie: David is bugging me.

Sarita : He's a loose cannon.

Rob : Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

Phillip: Rob! Rob! Rob! Rob! Rob! Rob.

Natalie : ???? (Possibly says "You're nothing!")

Rob: If we lose, the target's on me.

Jeff Probst : Wowwww.

Stephanie : My strategy out here is to be brutally honest about Zapatera Tribe.

Stephanie: No way. You don't want to align with my people.

Matt: Yeah, I don't think I do.

Stephanie: They're not nice people just when it comes down to it.

Stephanie : When I win, I'm not going back to them.

My thoughts: I got the impression this preview is just hogwash....they didn't really show anything but examples of how the "mental fatigue" is difficult. Alot of the clips were old...and doctored. When Rob said, crazy, crazy, crazy he was walking with Phillip on the beach carrying in some wood...When Rob said, "If we lose, the targets on me", that could have been said in confessional when Rob volunteered to call the maze and do the word puzzle in the challenge in ep 5...so, really nothing of the next show, except perhaps, the David is a loose canon, and he's bugging me. They are covering something up....possibly the merge next week? Possibly a double boot? Possibly a re-entry into the game? Alot to hint about.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Outfrontgirl 03-24-11 1
   RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Flowerpower 03-24-11 2
       RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Outfrontgirl 03-24-11 3
 RE: Episode 7, Video Captures samboohoo 03-24-11 4
 RE: Episode 7, Video Captures VolcanicGlass 03-24-11 5
   RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Flowerpower 03-24-11 13
 RE: Episode 7, Video Captures dabo 03-24-11 6
   RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Flowerpower 03-24-11 8
       RE: Episode 7, Video Captures VolcanicGlass 03-24-11 12
 Mental Challenge? Wowww? Krautboy 03-24-11 7
   RE: Mental Challenge? Wowww? Flowerpower 03-24-11 9
   RE: Mental Challenge? Wowww? kiki_k 03-24-11 10
       RE: Mental Challenge? Wowww? Woogie 03-25-11 29
   RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays ... parathor 03-24-11 11
       RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays ... Krautboy 03-24-11 14
           RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays ... PepeLePew13 03-24-11 15
               RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays ... dabo 03-24-11 16
                   RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays ... Brownroach 03-24-11 17
 Gross Food Challenge? Krautboy 03-24-11 18
 Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo - Challe... VolcanicGlass 03-24-11 19
   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo - Ch... dabo 03-24-11 20
       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo - Ch... HitmanPayne 03-24-11 21
       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo - Ch... vince3 03-24-11 23
 Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge VolcanicGlass 03-24-11 22
   RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge vince3 03-24-11 24
   RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge Krautboy 03-24-11 25
   Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge (lo... VolcanicGlass 03-26-11 46
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge... Outfrontgirl 03-26-11 48
       Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge (lo... VolcanicGlass 03-27-11 49
 Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo VolcanicGlass 03-25-11 26
   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Flowerpower 03-25-11 27
       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Woogie 03-25-11 30
       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Brownroach 03-25-11 31
           RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo HitmanPayne 03-25-11 33
   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Blind Freddy 03-25-11 36
       RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo VolcanicGlass 03-25-11 39
 RE: Episode 7, Video Captures parathor 03-25-11 28
   RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Wezzie 03-25-11 32
       RE: Episode 7, Video Captures dabo 03-25-11 34
       RE: Episode 7, Video Captures PepeLePew13 03-25-11 35
           RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Brownroach 03-25-11 37
               RE: Episode 7, Video Captures VolcanicGlass 03-25-11 40
 RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Flowerpower 03-25-11 38
   RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Outfrontgirl 03-25-11 41
 RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Outfrontgirl 03-25-11 42
   RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Corvis 03-26-11 43
       RE: Episode 7, Video Captures dabo 03-26-11 44
           RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Outfrontgirl 03-26-11 47
       RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Flowerpower 03-26-11 45
           RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Outfrontgirl 03-30-11 51
               RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Krautboy 03-30-11 52
                   RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Outfrontgirl 03-30-11 53
                   Yay Outfrontgirl 03-31-11 55
                       RE: Yay Flowerpower 03-31-11 56
 E7 Chal Rehearsal Video Blind Freddy 03-29-11 50
 RE: Episode 7, Video Captures dabo 03-31-11 54
   RE: Episode 7, Video Captures Travel_Queen 03-31-11 57
       RE: Episode 7, Video Captures dabo 03-31-11 58

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-11, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
You put your finger on it! A lot of nothing.

>>> Phillip: Rob! Rob! Rob! Rob! Rob! Rob.
I'm waiting for him to start air-knocking (Sheldon imitation).

I like your idea that they could be hiding the merge. If it's a double boot or a merge, we should see something by Sunday. Never say never after this last week of BS, but so far they have never had a double boot and not run the promo of two people going home, individual immunity is what you crave. It's a staple.

I feel like everyone left in the game has enough story to make the merge. They may have originally planned a fairly early merges in hope of getting Rob and Russell together on the merge tribe ... (by together I mean against each other).

Also it is now 6-6, which is perfect, with the tribes matched up, and say the returnee comes back in ...
but man, if all that happens, they sure did waste the opportunity to promote next week. Maybe it's just a fairly lame week and another Zapatera bites the dust.

They did set up the Sarita vs. David storyline for three episodes now, so it would be kind of weird if suddenly they merge and it never goes anywhere because they have to stop picking at each other and focus on the other tribe.

03-24-11, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Maybe it's just a fairly lame week and another Zapatera bites the dust.

Well, it would appear so...but, they do have tidbits from both tribes. It looks far more ominous at Zap with the "David is bugging me, and he's a loose cannon, with the shots of David, Julie/Mike, and Sarita, so they most likely be on the hot seat. At Ometepe it still seems that it's still crazy life with Phillip...but, with Rob stating he'll stick his neck out and a reaction shot of Nat, maybe we are led to believe that Rob's in trouble...if there is a double boot, someone will have to go...it's being teased as Phillip or Rob, and we know it's not going to be Rob...could Phillip FINALLY be in danger?

03-24-11, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
I think Philip is in danger and so is Andrea, but I think Andrea is going way far and that's just a feeling that she dodges the bullet.

It will be ironic if after the whole discussion of keeping tribe strong, the last tribal challenge is not winnable by the tribe because of a double boot. In fact you would want weaker people so as to have a shot at individual immunity.

The time to focus on keeping people who are great in challenges should be early in the pre-merge, not at the end.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-11, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
My thoughts from watching it last night:

Ometepe: Philip is pissed off at Rob & Grant about the clue. We have seen Philip blow his top more than one against the people in his alliance. My thinking is that he is looking for the idol, which isn't there, and he calls Rob out on it.

It sounded to me like Natalie was saying, "You know" to Rob, meaning Rob knows where the idol is. This, combined with Rob saying the target is on him would lead me to believe that the Ometepe tribe wants to flush the idol from Rob. If they know he has it, they're pissed.

I think Philip is looking for the idol and then says Rob must have it. The "crazy, crazy, crazy" is Rob trying to make it look like Philip is wrong.

The Zeps know David voted Sarita, and we now have the official fracture of the alliance from the seed that Krista planted on her way out. If the Zeps lose, it's Sarita vs. David.

I also think Stephanie defeats Matt. The last shot of her almost looks like a shot where she is happy, but she can't believe it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-24-11, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
>Natalie : ???? (Possibly
>says "You're nothing!")

What I heard...

Natalie: "Do you want to win?"

03-24-11, 04:02 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Thanks, VG...that's what I heard as well...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-11, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-11 AT 02:00 PM (EST)

Shirt Alert!

Mean anything or just more nothing?

Can't make out what Nat says, who else is there besides Rob? All I hear is "No" or "You know."

03-24-11, 03:10 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Shirt alert is right....in this vidcap, Grants shirt sure does not look torn....or did the girls sew it back up?

03-24-11, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
>Grants shirt sure does not
>look torn....or did the girls
>sew it back up?

From Probst's E6 East Coast Tweet-o-rama: "Grant does not get another shirt. But they had needles/thread so I think he sewed it up afterwards"

You can see the repair on the strap.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-24-11, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Mental Challenge? Wowww?"
This shot appears to be Jeff at the duel...

Probst : "One of the most difficult aspects of the game of Survivor is mental fatigue."
Jeff may be introducing a mental challenge for the duel this week...questions and answers, concentration, etc?What are the other mental challenges we've seen before?

Here we see what looks like Stephanie reacting to a question, or having trouble remembering something...

Stephanie: "I'm losing my mind."

This vidcap obviously shows Jeff reacting to something, then smiling and looking back over his shoulder at either Matt or Stephanie...

From the angle of Jeff's gaze, it appears he is looking at Matt's side of the arena, the side closest to the spectators. Jeff's "wow" could be a reaction to an amazing come from behind finish. Jeff smiles because he's impressed and happy his RI star is still alive?

The other possibility is that Stephanie says something outrageous or uses language that gets bleeped, and Jeff is reacting to Stephanies impressive vocabulary of four letter words...

Either scenario favors a Matt victory, but Jeffs smile and eyes appear to be directed at Matt or at least what has been Matt's side of the duel arena.

Is the shot of Stepahine obvious enough to be considered misdirection, or does she really have trouble with this mental challenge?

Krautboy

03-24-11, 03:12 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Mental Challenge? Wowww?"
Wow, very impressive observations, KB! I'm with you! I would bet on the Matt come from behind victory...Matt is the RI king!

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-24-11, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mental Challenge? Wowww?"
The best spoilers this season are coming from Jeff himself. He just can't help himself -- his anger that the Zaps got rid of Russell & prevented a Russell/Rob showdown has made him sloppy.

In Jeff's blog after Episode 6 he gives his "take" on everybody's chances in the game -- the only one he doesn't mention is Stephanie. I take that as a sure sign that Matt defeats Stephanie at the duel. (I've posted excerpts from his blog & a link to it in that thread).

I'm thinking that the only reason Stephanie got all the "story" she got which led us to believe she was making merge was merely in homage to her for joining up with Jeff's pet Russell (even though that was terrible game play on her part -- alienating yourself from the entire tribe & making it obvious you were going to jump ship at merge is never a good idea). She's out 5th, pre-merge.

Also, lets face it: Matt is a likable guy. All of Jeff's comments about how much we (the public) is going to like the RI twist means, to me, that some one likable like Matt comes back into the game from it. The editing has gone out of its way to have us invested in Matt. If Matt were to get defeated at this point, I don't think Jeff's comments about us "loving" the RI twist would be true.

As for the boots -- they are going to be simple & obvious. If it is a double boot, Phillip & Sarita are gone. Same boots if it is not a double boot.

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-25-11, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Mental Challenge? Wowww?"
Totally agrees with you!!!

And I'm expecting double boot next week. Waiting for promos coming up indicating this. Phillip and Sarita. With Matt coming back to the game.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-24-11, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays alive!"
I think Stephanie wins this, and Matt is finally done. Matt's story was built around a return arc.
- He has confronted Rob.
- He has "reunited" with Andrea (that "love story" is all done).
- He has lasted longer than anyone could have predicted.

Add in that Stephanie said she'd love to join up with Rob ("yellow would look good on her" - a quote they could have left out and/or cut to simply "I don't feel the same way about my tribe."), and the only way she CAN join them now is by defeating Matt.

The eye placement in the image could be due to the answers in this "mental" challenge. If it's a pick-two-items-to-match thing, Jeff could be impressed by an early lucky move by Matt (what are the odds of picking a pair right off the bat?). If it's an answer-the-question challenge, maybe Jeff is impressed that Matt said some random answer.

The photo could also be that Jeff is less-than-impressed with a Matt answer. Like if Matt said "Hurry up, I don't have all day," then Jeff might make that face as he walks over to wherever he's walking. Or if Stephanie said something snide after winning (as Jeff is walking to the burning area).

It just seems that if Jeff was impressed with a Matt win, he'd be throwing his arms up in the air or something.

03-24-11, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays alive!"
Parathor: Thanks for the good counter points. It's important to consider both sides objectively.

Stephanie does appear to be having fun when she says "I'm losing my mind", so we might consider that misdirection.

Matt also got a bible and prayed last episode, so perhaps his journey is complete. His faith is more important than this game and he is the real winner even though Stephanie wins the duel...

Krautboy

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-11, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays alive!"
Right, and remember we were shown Andrea's confessional for a reason regarding Krista giving Matt her Bible. They could easily have hidden this if Matt went back to Ometepe and got back together with the tribe.

Then again, if Matt *did* get back to Ometepe and Andrea was cool to him afterwards, then they needed to show this exchange to tell us why.

03-24-11, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays alive!"
Andrea's confessional could have been edited, she may simply be concerned Matt is gathering information on Zap and may be in a position to flip to one of the Zap factions.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-11, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Mental Challenge? Steph stays alive!"
Yes -- that would play into next week's clue about something at the duel causing loyalty questions. I think that clue is about Matt.

03-24-11, 07:54 PM (EST)
18. "Gross Food Challenge?"
Parathor makes a convincing arguement for a Gross Food Challenge this week...
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7638.shtml#11
As we know, this is Rob's Achille's Heel..the outcome is still unclear.

Krautboy

03-24-11, 08:48 PM (EST)
19. "Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo - Challenge"

03-24-11, 08:58 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo - Challenge"

Ometepe trailing, Zapatera wall already broken

HitmanPayne 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-24-11, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HitmanPayne Click to send private message to HitmanPayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo - Challenge"
They did say it's a "race all the way to the finish" so I wouldn't count ometepe out just yet because of that screencap.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-11, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo - Challenge"
Looks like it's the 'breakthrough' obstacle course that they used for a 'team' reward during the individual portion of last season...

03-24-11, 10:01 PM (EST)
22. "Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge"

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-11, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge"
If those are in order, Ometepe caught up and passed Zapatera in the basketball finale of the challenge...

03-24-11, 11:54 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-11 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

VG: Thanks for sharing the great vidcaps!

Looks like the balls for the basketball finale are scattered in bags along the obstacle course. After they break through the wall they must untie the bags to get the balls out and start shooting.

Ashley carrying a bag with two balls.

We see Grant already shooting while Ashley and Rob appear to still be untieing a bag.

Zapatera breaks through the wall first but anything can happen with the basketball stage...Grant showed his hand-eye coordination in the last challenge, and Ashley played basketball, and these vidcaps show 3-4 balls in Ometepe's basket, so they either win or lose by a very close margin...

Krautboy

03-26-11, 06:19 PM (EST)
46. "Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge (longer promo)"
From a longer version of the PIP promo, only including vidcaps of new footage.

The VO for the promo was the same:
Wednesday, on Survivor, making a basket could make the difference in winning this challenge.

03-26-11, 07:27 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge (longer promo)"
Thanks VG!
That's the second bit of language indicating it'll be a close finish, not a smoke-out like last time. Sounds like they'll be neck and neck at the end, so it doesn't really matter what goes on as far as who gets through the wall first. Comes down to the shooting, which looks to be Ralph and Steve vs. Grant and ... anyone helping Grant or is best to just let the beast get it done? (I so admire the ferocity of his gameplay.)

03-27-11, 07:05 PM (EST)
49. "Vidcaps - PIP promo - Challenge (longest promo)"
and from an even longer promo, there are more shots, most notably one of the net crawl which shows Ometepe working through it as Steve is exiting.

03-25-11, 07:40 AM (EST)
26. "Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
VO: It's Rob vs. Phillip.
Rob: "He's dangerous... because of his stupidity."
Phillip: "I just don't trust Rob anymore."

VO: It's David and Sarita vs. their entire tribe.
Steve: "David's getting tough to stomach."
Mike: "Sarita is absolutely the weakest at this point."

VO: And Wednesday...
Rob: "The target's on me."
VO: ... get ready....
Phillip: "The first opportunity I have to eliminate him, I will!"
VO: ... for the most extreme...
Probst: "Go!:
VO: ... Survivor smackdown ever!
Male Player: "Go! Go! Go! Go!"
VO: A can't-miss Survivor, CBS Wednesday.

(Note: the challenge vidcaps, posted under separate heading up-thread, would follow here)

03-25-11, 07:56 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
Thanks so much for posting the whole promo, VG - Great vidcaps!

First of all, the promo is setting up a double boot very nicely...

Rob vs. Phillip

David vs. Sarita

As far as the challenge goes....Grant is the challenge beast. Mike is good, but Grant is the beast. My money is on the Ometepe's....but, I really think that 2 tribes will be going to TC and voting out one of their own. Perhaps they are playing for the best reward ever...a new player for their tribe?

I also wanted to comment on a few other vidcaps...

We see Rob and Phillip returning, from the same direction that the returnees from RI come from. I think Rob and Phillip are returning from RI here. Note, this is when Rob says, "crazy, crazy, crazy". He's reporting back to the others regarding the events on RI.

What happened with the duel between Matt and Steph that is crazy, crazy, crazy? Definitely, I think Steph blabbed her mouth regarding the Zap secrets, and the Zaps that were present argued with her...crazy? Rob and Phillip don't know what to make of it...

Then, there are these pics...

These are of Phillip who is off looking for the idol, which the third clue probably pointed them to "up in a tree"....

My impression is that Phillip may FINALLY be gone, or the Ome's are misdirection and it will be a Zap sent home. But, I do feel it's a nice set up for a double boot.

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-11, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
So pre-merge double boot coming next week AGREED!!!

Rob vs. Phillip

Where I really don't see Grant or Ashley or Natalie joining force with Phillip to get rid of Rob, so Phillip loses this first matchup(goes to RI)

David vs. Sarita

This is were we are not given enough clues which way it goes. I've been going with Sarita voted out for 2 weeks, and was wrong for two weeks, but third time is a charm. But really no speculation here, just guts.

About the challenges, agreed with most of the people that Omes are coming from behind. Grant and Natalie with favors in sports will certainly help them.

The rim looks pretty small and high, so it must be very very difficult to put it in.

03-25-11, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
To me the fact that they are equally hyping two boot candidates in each tribe is a giveaway that there won't be a double boot this week. Only one of those duos will be attending TC, and I think it will be David/Sarita.

HitmanPayne 54 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-11, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HitmanPayne Click to send private message to HitmanPayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
I HOPE it's David and Sarita attending TC. I want Phillip to stay around as long as possible. Coach 2.0 FTW!

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-11, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
ty VG for bringing the caps over.

Two torches in the flames. Significance...or misdirect?

03-25-11, 05:46 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
Hi BF -

The super-imposed graphic with the sweeping torches has been used in several of the previews this season, so if there is any significance to them, it isn't to indicate a double boot.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-25-11, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
I like the double-boot idea (especially since that'd allow for the food portion of the hungry/gruel sentence: "Hungry for victory, the tribes face off in a grueling challenge that is a fight to the finish")

If it's not a double-elimination, then I offer this prediction:

Multiple balls in the air at the same time = multiple shooters (good for tall NFL players, and female basketball players?)

Natalie: "Do you want to win?"

"...or are we going to throw the challenge to get rid of Phillip?"

Rob: "...If we lose, the target's on me."

Female arms up in the air, shooting at the same time:

...also note that the wood in the background looks less tree-like and more construction-like (or is that just me?), indicating that this discussion takes place at the challenge. Rob's downward head could be him untying a bag.

...and then Piggybacking on Flowerpower's analysis:

"We see Rob and Phillip returning, from the same direction that the returnees from RI come from. I think Rob and Phillip are returning from RI here."

Rob (and Phillip) sitting at RI (indicating that, yeah, they're the ones who go there):

Wezzie 72 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-11, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wezzie Click to send private message to Wezzie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Probably means nothing other than the Edit Dept's need to find a good quote, but in the cap where Phillip is leaning against a tree saying, Phillip: "I just don't trust Rob anymore.", he's wearing his jeans and the zipper doesn't seem to be broken.. so it might be an old shot.

03-25-11, 01:14 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Good catch! Kristina broke the zipper after Francesca was booted, Phillip decided not to wear the pants very much because he doesn't want to look like the old fart in the retirement home who can't keep his fly shut.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-11, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
There's not as much facial hair growth on Phillip in that picture with the jeans as well.

03-25-11, 01:45 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-11 AT 01:47 PM (EST)

Yeah, this type of promo is designed to highlight individual players more so than specific events that will occur during the episode. It doesn't need to be constructed strictly from the episode's footage, and it usually isn't.

03-25-11, 05:52 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
>It doesn't need
>to be constructed strictly from
>the episode's footage, and it
>usually isn't.

Case in point, last week's promo included Rob mentioning that Phillip was bugging everybody, when that was actual show footage from E5.

03-25-11, 04:11 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Just curious about this picture, where Rob says, "If we lose, the targets on me"....

Does anyone recognize this river background? Have we seen it before? Are they on the same grounds that Survivor: Guatamala was filmed? Could this be the river where Jane did her fishing? The Ometepe's have gotten NO fish....I was curious about this background. Rob has proven to be quite the fisherman. I'll never forget the time in All Stars when he set out to prove that he could catch fish as well as Rupert...he came back with like 35 fish....funny.

03-25-11, 09:55 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
He did, but that was to illustrate that anyone with a Hawaiian sling who can get his face underwater can catch all sorts of fish.

Fishing skills for river fishing are quite different than spearing fish in the ocean. The waves are too big there for ocean fishing. Jimmy J figured out the river, as did Jane. I think that Jane's system was to set lines with bait.

Jane proved that both camps had fishable water ... she fished in both before they merged.

03-25-11, 09:59 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-11 AT 09:12 AM (EST)

I'm not sure if we're still thinking double boot, but I vote no.

1) They typically (though not always) announce the double boot in the preview or the first web promo, and they have not.

2) more compelling, this 3 Little Pigs challenge is purely tribal. There is no opportunity for individual immunity. In both 20 and 21, the double boot challenge was individual enough for two winners to be chosen, then the face-off. I doubt they'll change that up.

I don't know what they have up their sleeve to get rid of excess numbers, but it looks to me as if Ep 8 is now the next candidate for big action like double boot, returnee, merge.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-26-11, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
I agree that there's no double boot this episode. And like I was last week before changing my mind, I'm thinking Zappy goes to TC.

03-26-11, 02:21 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
The Ometepe pairing is a no-brainer. Rob has the HII, the only way to get him out of the game is a total blindside, if he even suspects he needs to he will play the HII, he suspects, no mystery.

Zapatera is following the pecking order but they've lost momentum and their advantage, Sarita's tooth is a nonissue unless it becomes impacted.

03-26-11, 07:21 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
I was wondering if they would give her antibiotics. It looks like she needs one. I had an infection kind of like that in the fall. It was brutal. Dental pain is the worst. They just don't get it because it's not their mouth throbbing.

If they give her some antibiotics, she should start feeling good again quickly.

03-26-11, 03:01 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Regarding a double boot this episode...

I agree that the challenge looks completely tribal. So, I am in the camp that is doubting a double boot. I will say that the promos, featuring boot candidates at both tribes, as well as the editing from the last show, supporting an "odd man out" from both tribes, lend credence to entertaining the idea of a double boot.

I would favor the Zapatera tribe to go the TC....fwiw.

03-30-11, 01:44 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Not sure if anyone already pointed this out, if so, apologies, but could this cap of Julie and Mike "grooming" and putting on shirt be a scene of them getting ready for TC?

It was a dirty challenge.

I dunno, it reminds me of people getting dressed to go out to dinner.

03-30-11, 02:08 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Great observation OFG. When I first saw that vidcap, I thought they might be getting ready to observe at RI, but since these two went last week, getting ready for TC makes perfect sense.

This shot of the Zaps back at camp, with dirt still on their arms after the challenge, still dressed as they were for the challenge...

...and from the looks on their faces, they are definately going back to TC.

Krautboy

03-30-11, 03:17 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Yes.

Segment goes back to camp after challenge for two reasons, to show the reward and to the losers.

If these aren't loser faces, then Ralph must have licked something off of some place that made them all lose their reward feast.

03-31-11, 03:18 AM (EST)
55. "Yay"
They were sprucing up for TC. Cool. Odds of my spotting a telling cap no one has pointed to -- huge, never happens.

03-31-11, 07:27 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Yay"

They were sprucing up for TC. Cool. Odds of my spotting a telling cap no one has pointed to -- huge, never happens.

Way to go, OFG! Now keep up the good work and keep scouring those vidcaps!

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-11, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "E7 Chal Rehearsal Video"
'Crash Course'

The 'Behind the scenes' video of the chal is up at CBS website:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=CTHXmBILx0n_JH0_t5RXhg7GtXs_Lu0Y&vs=Default&play=true

Note: it's labeled E6 at the CBS site instead of the correct E7. The name of the chal is 'Crash Course'. There are 2 bags of 3 balls each that each tribe has to obtain along the way. One bag of balls is hanging on atop a pole yardarm screw hanger, after the hay pile crash thru obstacle. The second bag of balls is at the end of the rope/stick/log obstacle. All 6 tribemembers can throw the balls to the basket.

Chal order of events:
- Hay pile
- Pole w/yardarm corkscrew hangers w/1 bag of 3 balls
- Crawl thru under ropes
- Work thru rope/stick/log obstacle
- Second bag of 3 balls (not sure how the bag is obtained)
- Netting horizontal maze, 'Netwich'
- 2 consecutive brick walls
- Pole w/high narrow basket. All tribe members can shoot. First tribe that gets all 6 balls in wins Reward & Immunity.

BF

03-31-11, 00:32 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"

And he said No!

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-11, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
Sometimes without context, these vidcaps give a completely different impression. I thought for sure Nat was telling Rob off or to do something. Turns out, she was just gossiping about what happened with Phillip while Rob was out of earshot.

03-31-11, 01:42 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Episode 7, Video Captures"
We all wasted some time on the unintelligible. No reason for inclusion of that unintelligible except to waste our time. They are doing everything they can to play hard this season. Game on!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •