The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S22 ep6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-11, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S22 ep6"
ADVISORY: Vote threads are open to all who wish to participate and cast their votes, spoilers and non-spoilers alike. The posts initiating these threads contain no spoiler information other than perhaps referencing what has been revealed in TV promos for the upcoming episode. Non-spoilers, be advised that spoilers may include information in their posts here which you may not wish to read. Spoilers, please do not include spoiler information for future episodes, stick to the episode in question.

The Rules

1. Put the name of your choice for this week's boot in the subject heading.

This is easy, just erase where it says "Re: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time to Vote..." and replace with your vote on which player will get the boot, e.g., "Steve." Or, if you think this will be a two-boot week: "Steve and Grant." It doesn't matter which order you put them in unless it matters to you.

This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they are really obvious without actually reading your post. Other things you want to vote on (what's the reward, who gets first confessional, why people re-hide HIIs where anyone can find and claim them), these should go in your post not in your subject line.

("Boot" defines as voted out of a tribe, either exiled to Redemption Island or, when Redemption Island is no longer a factor in the game, eliminated from the game. Quitters are also regarded as boots though whether they would be exiled or eliminated/disqualified is unknown. It is assumed that medical evacuees would be eliminated/disqualified without prejudice.)

1b. The process for voting on which Exile on Redemption Island will be eliminated from the game.

Place your elimination vote anywhere in the subject line with the boot vote. Place an "X" in front of the name of the exile you think will lose the duel and be eliminated from the game, as in XMatthew or XKrista. Alternately, should you wish to save space in the subject line, cast your vote using the exile's placement number determined by the time of their arrivals on Redemption Island, noted in the list below in this post. Exile 2, Matthew, would be X2. Exile 5, Krista, would be X5.

1c. Returnees.

We will not officially be voting on players returning to the game. This section is to note that it is theoretically possible for a player to be returned to the game immediately after a duel and subsequently be voted out again within the same episode. So theoretically an exile could also get the boot, both votes could be for exiles. Hence the importance of the X, please get in the habit.

2. Reply only to this post.

We like a nice straight vote thread around here.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

2b. But to change your vote reply to your own post.

Your new post heading should read, for example, "VOTE CHANGE: Julie." Or perhaps "VOTE CHANGE: Julie and Rob" if you think it will be a two-boot week.

You should also use this process of replying to your own vote post to make additional votes, should you wish to vote for a boot but still think about it before you vote for an elimination, or vice versa.

3. This is not a discussion thread, do not treat it as such.

There are plenty of places on the forum to debate the merits of people's arguments, have discussions, have civil and polite disagreements, don't do it here.

But please feel free to discuss your vote in your own post, cast all the extra votes you want, we're all interested in what you have to say.

4. No graphics, particularly no sig pics.

If you must have a graphic make it pertinent to something. Thank you.

5. Have fun!

And if you have the time, give The Collective a big hand for this week. Spoiling is a collaborative group effort, and the group has been out in force this week examining multiple prospects. It's been fun hasn't it! And if you get a chance please do check out Scarlett's SOTS for the week. Because while some of this is just pure fun some of it is a chore as well as pure fun; SOTS and Vidcaps and full-bore editing analyses and such don't just happen, what wonderful efforts we have going on around here and throughout the spoilerverse. And the best part of all is we don't care how the divisions of labor break down, it's fun for all. But a thank-you or a high-five or whatever now and then, that's good too.

The DAWS!

Ometepe (orange) tribe

Andrea
Ashley
Grant
Natalie
Phillip
Boston Rob

Zapatera (purple) tribe

David
Julie
Mike
Ralph "Rooster"
Sarita
Stephanie
Steve

Redemption Island

exile 2. Matthew (Ometepe)
exile 5. Krista (Zapatera)

Eliminated

Francesca (Ometepe, exile 1)
Russell (Zapatera, exile 3)
Kristina (Ometepe, exile 4)

Jury

none

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Phil voted off, Krista loses duel Round Robin 03-22-11 1
 Phillip X Matt kingfish 03-22-11 2
 Sarita...................XKrista Woogie 03-22-11 3
 Andrea XKrista vince3 03-22-11 4
 X Krista - Ashley Brownroach 03-22-11 5
 Ashley, Krista Travel_Queen 03-22-11 6
 Sarita....X-Matt Loree 03-22-11 7
 Ashley, X-Krista CTgirl 03-22-11 8
 RE: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vot... HitmanPayne 03-22-11 9
 Lord Looneytunes -- Phillip the For... Outfrontgirl 03-22-11 10
 Ashley X-Krista michel 03-22-11 11
 Ashley...x Krista Krautboy 03-22-11 12
 Ashley ..... X- Krista Scarlett O Hara 03-22-11 13
   RE: Ashley ..... X- Krista HitmanPayne 03-22-11 14
 Krista loses duel, Ashley gets sent... Belle Book 03-22-11 15
 Vote Tally #1 dabo 03-23-11 16
 Phillip - xKrista parathor 03-23-11 17
 Ashley~XKrista Flowerpower 03-23-11 18
 Ashley xKrista Corvis 03-23-11 19
   RE: Ashley xKrista jannybug 03-23-11 20
 XKrista Ashley dabo 03-23-11 21
 Ashley Krista esquire 03-23-11 22
   RE: Steve is voted out and Krista i... jannybug 03-23-11 24
 RE: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vot... jannybug 03-23-11 23
 Vote Tally #2 dabo 03-23-11 25
 Phillip, xKrista Blind Freddy 03-23-11 26
 Phillip xKrista kiki_k 03-23-11 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-22-11, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Phil voted off, Krista loses duel"
I don't usually like to play leadoff batter on these vote threads, but it just doesn't make any sense to me that any other outcome than this is very likely.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Phillip X Matt"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-11 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

Phillip tries to cozy up to one GadFadda too many, his advances are rejected, and he finds himself on Redemption Island. With a whole 'nother breed of land crabs to contend with.

God flips a coin this week and decides he/she likes Santa Krista better than he/she likes Saint Matthew.

And "Because Spoiler to the stars, MissyPissy says so!"

For fun in the sun, check out the "Be Thread..." thread. (Yes, this is a plug. And yes, it is a paid promotion. But in order to sue me, you have to actually read the "Be The..." thread, so what's the point?)

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-11, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Sarita...................XKrista"
I'm going with Sarita again this week. Though Ometepe is all over the promo and merely about Zaps. Counting on last minute promo to turn it against Zaps.

Russell's babies(Stephanie and Krista) does seem to have a story going on turning on Zaps and join with Omes. I think all the focus is on Stephanie and less Krista. And infact Matt has a good journey story of coming back to the game too.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Andrea XKrista"
I honestly don't know where to put my TC vote at. There are excellent arguments that has a few different Omatepes heading to meet whoever wins the Redemption Island duel between Matt/Krista.

So far, the only duel that wasn't neck and neck at the end was the last one, and that may have been due to heat exhaustion on Kristina's part more than anything else...

I could easily be wrong and Matt may finally be toast, but I think he's destined to meet up again with Andrea in the game. Whether it's on RI or not, remains to be seen....

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "X Krista - Ashley"
Lots of good analysis this week.

I was unable to wrap my mind around either Phillip or Andrea leaving from Ometepe, and because they seem to be the only logical choices there, at first I was figuring Zapatera must be heading for TC – but their absence from any previews convinces me otherwise.

But back at Ometepe, it's true that Ashley has been set up perfectly from the editing and the promos. There just has to be a reason to boot her, which could easily materialize. We already know she's viewed as shallow and/or useless by Phillip and Andrea.

Jeff mentioned that it was going to get difficult for Rob to maintain control, and I think that begins this week. He wants to protect Phillip, whom everyone else would like to boot. (Andrea will not be in trouble this week imo.) I think Phillip will ultimately convince Rob that one of the spa girls has to go. Andrea will be happy to vote for Ashley, and Grant will vote as directed by Rob. Maybe even Natalie will grudgingly come around.

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-11, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Ashley, Krista"
Excellent arguments for so many boots this week! This is a great year for analysis and observation (i.e. no source spoilers), I'm loving it.

I think RI will continue to have blonde inhabitants, with the replacement of Krista with her Ometeppe counterpart.

Ashley has been edited as being lazy; and have we really been shown any interaction with Rob? Whereas, Rob has interacted a lot with Phillip and talks about him in confessional. I think he is safe this week.

Matt will remain on RI until it's time for him to return to meet up with Grant and Rob.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Sarita....X-Matt"
I think the Zaps have to start losing. And Matt might finally meet his match.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Ashley, X-Krista"
As I noted in the vidcap thread and Scarlett noted in her SOTS, Ashley is all over the vidcaps. Phillip is the misdirection for the week as he targets one of the spa girls. Ometepe has lost too many challenges not to keep strength this time around. Ashley has had no story yet but we'll see one this week: her laziness around camp (and probably a poor job in the challenge). She had a spike in confessionals last week which is often precursor to a boot and although she is in an alliance with Rob, we haven't actually seen them interact much.

The editing has shown us that Matt is on a journey so he'll win another duel at RI.

HitmanPayne 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-22-11, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HitmanPayne Click to send private message to HitmanPayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S22 ep6"
Ashley is voted off and Krista loses in the Duel. Matt is on too much of a roll to be stopped now. I agree with the picks and it's clear that one of ashley/Nat will be going home.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Lord Looneytunes -- Phillip the Former"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-11 AT 08:09 PM (EST)

While I agree that Ashley is put forward as the misdirection vote off this week, the only way I see her actually going is if she injures herself in the challenge. They haven't shown us that. Of course if she ended up with the equivalent of James' bum knee, Ometepe would have good cause to put her down.

Barring an injury, let's consider where the votes are going in to this episode.
Ashley, Grant, Andrea: Philip
Rob: Andrea or Philip, pretty much decides who everyone else votes for.
Andrea: tentative connection to Philip but vowed allegiance to Rob's alliance, so needs to vote for whoever they choose that is not her.
Philip: Ashley or Natalie, that's if he disobeys King Rob's direct orders.

VOTE COUNT:
If Rob targets Philip:
Philip 5
Ashley 1

If Rob targets Andrea:
Andrea 4 or 5, depending on whether Philip obeys
Ashley 1 or 2
Philip 1 or 0, depending on who Andrea believes is a valid alt vote, if anyone.
Rob 1 if Andrea knows she has no shot.

The teasers tell us that the tribe will weigh competitive strength against loyalty. That would mean that Ashley really needs to mess up the challenge. It looks to me like she's guarding Ralph, which is a tough assignment. But then so is Andrea's job of guarding Julie. Ashley is tall and a basketball star in college, so why does SHE stand out as the liability here? I don't understand. Andrea is petite.

Then as to Philip's competitive strength -- they chose to put Andrea in the field and let Philip shoot. The shooters are the weaker physical players in this game. In Tocantins they used Debbie and Erinn, Sydney and Stephen. Here it is Stephanie, David, Natalie, and Philip. That indicates that Ashley and Andrea are considered better athletes than Philip. Natalie is ranked the most useless, but Rob protects her.

It is true that in Tocantins, JT was mad that Spencer failed to guard Tyson and that lost them the challenge -- and Spencer got booted. The shooters aren't on the hot seat like the field positions. But Spencer was not allied to JT anyway.

ROB'S STRATEGIC POSITION

He has Andrea whose loyalty is marginal and clearly supports Matt.
He has Lord Looneytunes who has proven he can go in any direction on a whim.

He has THREE people in the game upon whom he can rely at this time, and the merge is looming. This is way too early to start culling out his solid 4. He would be 3-2 in the alliance then, with Matt possibly returning to take Rob down.

Grant will surely trust Rob less if Rob pushes to eat their Final 4 alliance while Philip is there as obvious shark bait. Both Grant and Natalie have sub-alliances with Ashley. By suballiances, I mean that Ashley also has hung out with Grant, but that has been hidden a little. The alliance of 6 was in 3 pairs -- Rob/Natalie, Matt/Andrea, Grant/Ashley -- with strong bonding between Rob/Grant and Natalie/Ashley. Neither Natalie nor Grant should want Ashley out, and Ashley can't vote for herself -- so Rob will have to sell this hard if he wants it -- and why would he want it that much at this juncture?

Do the sub-alliances put Ashley on the outside of the four with respect to Rob? Yes, but she is not playing to make moves at this time, and it will be long after the merge before the dynamics become an issue.

For Ashley to go, I think that Grant at least has to feel that she's the one dragging down the tribe. But really, Ashley is more of a liability than Natalie from Grant's POV? I don't see it. Could the men worry about a female alliance? Sure, but again, Rob has a connection with Natalie that should keep her from straying, and if he wants to boot a girl, Andrea is the solid choice. She actually has a loyalty to the challenge stud that Rob backstabbed!

Add to that, all of his allies want Philip to go. Andrea is bugged by him too! Philip is a non-divisive choice.

The only purpose Rob mentioned for keeping Philip was to keep the target off himself, but if he starts shielding Philip in an obvious way, that will defeat the point of the strategy.

Unless Ashley throws her racket in the sand, lays down and pouts, or gets injured, Rob's choice should be between Philip and Andrea.

I'm going to go with the idea that the big Ashley spike in the promos is to get us to ignore the obvious. With the caveat that a hidden injury could get her voted off.

If Rob pushes to boot Ashley now, because Philip pushes for her, then he deserves to have STOOPID carved in his forehead and lose this game.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Ashley X-Krista"
The camera told us which players would be the pre-merge boots. Call it the friends of redemption Island. Not as cute as Diane's friends but similar: When Jeff explained the RI twist, we saw Matt, Kristina, Krista, Ashley, Francesca, David and finally Russell. Since it seems the drama is at the Omies' camp then Ashley must go. All other Omies have longevitiy anyway.

As for the duel, the editing suggested Matt would return so I'll stay with that but his talk with Rob last week could have ended his story. Also Krista said she'd hope to see the Zap6 fall so, if that was part of her prophecy, she'll need to sit on the jury. It's just that the previews almost tell us that Matt goes; it has to be misdirection.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-22-11, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Ashley...x Krista"
The promos this week set the stage for Matt to continue his journey…

”… a luxury item creates an unexpected bond between the dueling castaways on Redemption Island, on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND.”

Krista probably brought a bible as her luxury item, which will create an instant bond with Matt. Matt’s faith will help him find the strength to win again…

VO: Matt has defeated everyone he's faced at Redemption Island.
Probst: "Matt stays alive!"
VO: Wednesday, will his faith save him again?
Matt: "I just have to stay strong and the Lord will be with me."

Krista will probably be happy for Matt and leave the game with a positive final edit.

The nature of the challenge, absence of the Zapatera tribe from the promos, and FloPo’s Vidcaps of Grant in camp, with his ripped shirt (repaired post challenge), while the others argue, add up to the Ometepe going to TC this week.

From the CBS website.

“Will the betrayal of an alliance unleash a tribe mate's inner animal?”

Last week we were shown the beginnings of an alliance between Phillip and Andrea, as Phillip praised Andrea for her work ethic and planned to add Matt to their alliance if he returned from Redemption Island.

This week, however, the previews show Andrea hanging out with the spa girls. Phillip, will probably feel betrayed by Andrea, after being treated like “Their Red-Headed Stepchild”, which will unleash Phillip’s inner animal as he lashes out at the girls for their laziness.

”One castaway digs deep to find a way to weaken the strength of a powerful alliance…”

Phillip knows he’s on the outside of the Ometepe alliance, but will aggressively go after the spa girls, especially after a likely poor performance by the girls at the very physical challenge.

LOYALTY OF AN ALLIANCE VERSUS COMPETITIVE STRENGTH OF A TRIBE HAS THE CASTAWAYS QUESTIONING THEIR STRATEGY IN THE GAME,
ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23”

After yet another loss and poor performance by the physically outmatched Ometepe, Rob will be questioning his strategy of aligning with the girls at the expense of competitive strength. He will have to decide between Phillip and one of the girls.

Phillip is the boot decoy, but he also serves as a shield for Rob. As Rob has told us in confessionals, “No one can stand Phillip, that’s why maybe he should stay”.

Natalie and Ashley have a strong alliance, much like one Matt and Andrea had. Rob took control of that situation by voting out Matt and leaving Andrea isolated. He will now look to break up Natalie and Ashley, so that Natalie is isolated and remains loyal to Rob. Rob is probably also concerned about being outnumbered by the women.

Rob’s objective is probably to create a tribe where everyone remaining has a stronger alliance with him, than with anyone else. If he helps Phillip eliminate Ashley, he will have achieved his objective.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-22-11, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Ashley ..... X- Krista"
Why? Because the S.O.T.S. said so! No, it's really the collective efforts of the wonderful spoilers we have on this site -- special nods to Flowerpower, Michel, Outfrontgirl, Krautboy, Brownroach, Pepe le Pew, CT girl, Corvis, Volcanic Glass, BlindFreddy, dabo, and the rest of you!

HitmanPayne 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-22-11, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HitmanPayne Click to send private message to HitmanPayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ashley ..... X- Krista"
I will say, after seeing the past two SOTS's, I believe in this one even more. The SOTS was right when it was either Andrea/Kristina (Although that should've been clear to anyone), and it was right when Krista was voted off (That really sealed it for me). Hopefully Ashley goes home and we keep the entertainment ON.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-22-11, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Krista loses duel, Ashley gets sent packing"
Although Matthew & Krista bond over a bible, in the end Matthew wins the duel. But at least Krista goes out a good sport.

I'm sure one of the Ometepe gets voted out. But is it Philip, the troublemaker, or either Ashley or Natalie? Philip is a real annoyance and he's on the outside of the alliance. Even Andrea can't really stand him. On the other hand, if Ometepe loses another Immunity Challenge and one of either Ashley or Natalie is the reason why, Boston Rob might well have to look at keeping a strong guy to win one last Immunity Challenge before the merge arrives.

I think Boston Rob will realize that strength is more important this time, and he'll boot out Ashley, maybe because she gets an injury in the challenge.

Alternate: Philip. The guy's looney tunes!

03-23-11, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Vote Tally #1"
This is post #16, vote tally #1, compiling 15 previous posts, 14 vote and 1 discussion; 14 boot votes and 13 elimination votes.

RI Elimination
Krista: 11
Matt: 2

TC Boot
Ashley: 8
Phillip: 3
Sarita: 2
Andrea: 1

Combos
XKrista, Ashley: 8
XKrista, Andrea: 1
XKrista, Phillip: 1
XKrista, Sarita: 1
XMatt, Phillip: 1
XMatt, Sarita: 1
Phillip: 1

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-11, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Phillip - xKrista"
RI Elimination: Krista
- Matt is destined to return, and be part of "Rob's Angels"
- Matt is in danger of losing (misdirection)

TC Boot: Phillip
- In 3 previous seasons, Rob sticks with his core-4 alliancemates (sarah/sean/vecepia, rupert/jenna/amber, sandra/courtney/?). That won't change now. Sticking with your core alliance is Survivor 101.
- "Why would I get rid of Phillip? He draws attention away from me." (foreshadowing)
- "Rob's a dictator, I'm a lord, I'm going to get rid of the king." (foreshadowing)
- "The betrayal of an alliance unleashes a tribe mate's inner animal" - Phillip has an "alliance" with Rob & Andrea, either of which could betray him by voting him out (foreshadowing)

Unless Ashley is the one who flattens Rob in the promos, I don't see how she can be voted out next. Her facetime spike last week will be shown as an anomaly that may spell her doom next week (merge?), but usually the random players spike, get hidden again, and then get booted.

(hopefully I won't panic again at the last minute and change my vote)

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-11, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Ashley~XKrista"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 08:52 AM (EST)

This week I have 2 different scenario's. I wasn't even going to vote, but, what the heck. I vote for Ashley, IF, and only IF, the double boot is after the merge. I think the Ometepe's will indeed do as Rob says. I think Andrea will, as well. The only rogue voter may be Phillip. We have heard Rob say, they need to win challenges. If Ashley has a very poor performance as a catcher in the challenge, that will be all he needs to boot her. Grant a professional competitor will get that. Nat will do whatever Rob says. Just as OFG pointed out, in Tocantins, the weak members did the shooting, but didn't get the wrath for losing the challenge. The weak catcher caught it. Same could apply here. If Ashley bombs the challenge, getting her out will make Nat and Grant bond more with him, and it will communicate to Phillip that Rob holds him more worthy than one of the spa girls. Andrea will breathe a sigh of relief as well. But, the ONLY way I see this happening is that the double boot will be after the merge, because out of the possible boot candidates at Ometepe ~ Andrea, Phillip, Ashley ~ I DO NOT see 2 of them going before the merge. If the double boot is after the merge, I see Zap losing the next challenge, pre-merge. I also have to say that michel has a pretty compelling observation...I went and re-watched it as well. Clearly, when Jeff talks about RI the camera first notes Matt's reaction, "What???", then zooms in on: Kristina, Krista, Ashley, Francesca, Matt, and David, then RussHell as seen when he starts talking about the duels. So far, 5 out of the 7 are out. Indeed, these could well be our pre-merge boots. Wow!

Now, if the double boot IS pre-merge, my choice for boot would be ANDREA. All things equal, Andrea is not in Rob's alliance and Grant/Ashley/Nat know it. Andrea is all over the promos as well, OFG theory. Andrea wants to get back with her Island boyfriend...we saw her plotting with Phillip last episode, and her reaction when Rob teased that Kristina won. We get this quote from Rob in the insider clips after visiting Matt on RI: Matt's still playing the game and he's doing a real good job of it. Not only is he winning these challenges but he's putting on the happy face at Redemption Island, a positive attitude, saying, 'We're good, guys. No problem. I know you blindsided me, but when I come back we're gonna be together again.' I was born at night - it wasn't last night. It's not happening. Not holding a grudge? He's just smart about not holding it in." Don't think for one minute that Rob isn't aware of what is going on....

I am in the camp that says that Andrea could indeed be booted, and have her little reunion with Matt on RI. If the double boot then happens in ep 7, I think it would be Ashley....her little spike in air time, could signal her arc is just about done. Personally, I would love to see Phillip go, but I'm buying into what Rob reveals, and he's noted he wants to keep Phillip...I would love to see him get axed though, he's a royal annoyance...ETA: I also wanted to point out that when Phillip talked about axing Rob in the intro to the last episode, there was a little green tree frog shown as well....the same tree frog that is associated with Stephanie at Zap...tree frog represents jumping....I wouldn't be surprised to see Phillip make the merge and jump himself...later. The important part here is later, he has to make the merge to at least try to jump, or we have suspicion that he'll jump....?

Regarding the RI duel winner ~ that's an easy one, imo, Matt will bond with Krista over her bible, as speculated by Krautboy, and then Matt will take her out at the table maze challenge. Spectators will be Andrea/Natalie and Julie/Mike. Who knows, maybe Andrea will try and talk to Matt again, tipping something off that Rob will react to later?

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-23-11, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Ashley xKrista"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

I have been leaning toward Sarita getting booted all week, but in the end the discussion here has convinced me. I think the ripped shirt is really what pushed me into believing for certain that Ometepe loses.

Anyway, if Ometepe loses, I can't see Andrea or Phillip getting booted based on the editing. Ashley had the spike in confessionals, is all over the previews, and, well, Natalie is the one Rob likes more.

Hrm. I can't say I feel great about this pick though.

EDITED: Thanks for info, Jannybug, and welcome to the boards! Still going with Ometepe for the loss.

jannybug 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-23-11, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jannybug Click to send private message to jannybug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ashley xKrista"
If you will go back and watch last week's episode where Grant is opening the coffee, you will notice is shirt is already torn and tied over his shoulder, so this photo probably is before the challenge where Mike ripped his shirt.

03-23-11, 12:26 PM (EST)
21. "XKrista Ashley"
I've been trying all week to just ignore the fact that a Phillip boot would be just fine with me, it has been amusing but I'm tired of it. He tries but he has a horrible game. The focus on Phillip and Rob just sucks up most of the attention in editing, the other Ometepe are hidden in the edit. But Ashley has featured prominently in promos, after a bump in face time last episode, and even though she has been a loyal follower Rob's core alliance is with Grant and Natalie.

The promos the last couple of days focus on Phillip and "the ladies." I'm going to stick with the Ashley boot, it just feels like. But I'll be happy with a Phillip boot instead.

Matt is on a run at RI, Krista is just out of her league against him.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-23-11, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Ashley Krista"
Because that makes sense

03-23-11, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jannybug Click to send private message to jannybug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Steve is voted out and Krista is booted"
I still think Zapatera will loose the challenge and Steve will be sent home. I think Rob is okay, just tired after the challenge.

03-23-11, 01:24 PM (EST)
23. "RE: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S22 ep6"
Steve and Krista

03-23-11, 02:49 PM (EST)
25. "Vote Tally #2"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

This is post #25, vote tally #2, compiling 24 previous posts, 20 vote, 3 discussion, 1 previous tally; 20 boot votes and 19 elimination votes.

RI Elimination
Krista: 17
Matt: 2

TC Boot
Ashley: 12
Phillip: 4
Sarita: 2
Andrea: 1
Steve: 1

Combos
XKrista, Ashley: 12
XKrista, Phillip: 2
XKrista, Andrea: 1
XKrista, Sarita: 1
XKrista, Steve: 1
XMatt, Phillip: 1
XMatt, Sarita: 1
Phillip: 1

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-23-11, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Phillip, xKrista"
Short version of think thru...

"LOYALTY of an alliance versus COMPETITIVE STRENGTH of a tribe has the castaways questioning their strategy in the game"

This might be 'loyalty' = Ashley and "Competitive strength" = Andrea. So this might be the crux of Rob's decision. Does he value and keep 'loyalty' over 'competitive strength'. Which is more valuable to him? He might also be thinking about the Merge or a Swap in his analysis. If he thinks either is near then loyalty might be of more value to him. But he just got the flip offer from Steph and Krista...so is 'loyalty' as valuable now? This might be a rare calculated gamble by Rob. ie dump Ashley in hopes of a soon-to-be Merge and a flipping Steph to shore things up? He gets to keep his diversion(Phillip) and the competitive strength of Andrea. But there is that little thing called Matt...who Rob has got to know will be re-joining if there is a soon-to-be Merge...and thus a re-united Matandrea™ ...so does he still value competitive strength over loyalty?

This seems to be the crux of Rob's decision: what does he value more, 'loyalty' or 'competitive strength'. Previously on Survivor, Rob chose 'loyalty' when he booted Matt. He *is* the Robfadda after all. I'm not sure he can change his DNA. Rob will want to have his cake and eat it too.

Final answer: Phillip. I'm thinking Rob chooses the Kobayasi Maru solution. Rob keeps his loyalty, keeps his competitive strength and loses his diversion. Misdirect a boot enough times and it becomes invisible.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-23-11, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Phillip xKrista"
I don't usually bother to vote but because this week has been especially difficult to figure out and full of conflicting theories, I'm putting my guess on record.

After going back & forth & reading all the great analysis by everyone, I'm 100% on board with Blind Freddy's & OFG's conclusions -- the boot is Phillip.

Phillip has been used so many times as a distraction previously that we are being lulled into thinking he is a distraction again, but this time his time is up. The major factor in me reaching this decision is VG's close up of the "TC bridge" picture -- definitely looks like DTers posing as ?not Phillip/Rob/Natalie to me now.

The *only* way Phillip can be saved is if the previews are really messing with us & Zap goes to TC. We have absolutely no indication that is happening, so I'm not considering it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •