The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-21-11, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-11 AT 10:27 AM (EST)

Episode 6
“Red-Headed Step Child”

Welcome to the State of the Spoiling (“SOTS”), where we try our hand at summarizing the week’s events to accurately predict or “spoil” the results of the next episode of Survivor: Redemption Island prior to its airtime. Jump on in! It’s fun!

If you’re new to these parts, please don’t forget to check out our Community Guidelines. They are located Here. They keep Blows running smoothly and remind us that it's nice to be here!

Now, on with the show! Last week's running commentary of Episode 5 can be found in Vince's East Coast Update Thread. If you missed last week’s episode, this is a great place to catch up on what transpired!

The Threads

Spoiling and speculation is our specialty here, so if you have the time and the inclination, these threads reveal the views, opinions, and assessments of our very own beloved DAWs, who are more often than not, right!

Episode 6 Vidcap Thread posted by Flowerpower;

Episode 6: Red-Headed Step Child posted by Flowerpower;

The Players, the Game, the Editing – Survivor Redemption Island posted by Veruca Salt;

The Title and Misdirection Thread posted by Blind Freddy;

Double Boots and Triple Duels Thread posted by Krautboy;

Jeff Probst Tweets posted by Flowerpower;

The Press and Post Game Interviews Thread posted by Flowerpower;

Post Ep. 5 Insider Clips posted by Flowerpower;

S22 Confessionals Thread posted by dabo; and

Winning Quotes posted by Scarlett O'Hara.

Now, for those of you who don’t have the time to spend reading the Threads, read on …

The Title

The title of the episode is Red-Haired Step Child and we know from the vidcaps and previews, that our red-haired step child is none other than our Special Agent Phillip …

From the PIP promo …

VO: One Survivor tries to continue his winning run and another is dividing his tribe….

While Matt competes in the duel to save his life in the game, Phillip becomes the Red-Haired Step Child back at Camp Ometepe…

… where he let’s out the animals in him, disrupting the happy Ometepe’s …

Phillip: “This is not a pageant. Get off your butts and help out around here.”

Phillip: “I'm your red headed stepchild.”

Question is, will this Secret Agent be able to stir the pot over at Ometepe, or not? Time will tell.

But first, we have other business to attend to…

The Duel

The Redemption Island Duel: Matt v. Krista

This week at Redemption Island, the duel will consist of manipulating balls through a slanted table maze. Many thanks to VolcanicGlass and Blind Freddy for posting the shots of this week’s Duel along with the other vidcaps and PiPs. This week's duel is the same challenge that Coach won in Tocantins.

The contestants had to first retrieve the bags of balls with grappling hooks tied to ropes. Then untie the bags and use the balls in the table maze.

Again, we have the black v. white theme, with our hero Matt represented as the “Good Guy” on the white side.

And Krista is using the black board …

We hear Jiffy yelling, “Matt, you need to get that bag open!”

Leading us to believe that Matt will be in trouble this week. Is he in trouble? Not on your life! With God on his side, Matt will live again to see another night on Redemption Island. After all, he has been shown to be on the journey, and his journey won’t end on Redemption Island. He is destined to get back in the game where he will once again be reunited with Andrea and Boston Rob. As Jiffy tweets, “Matt is unstoppable!” At least while he’s on Redemption Island he is!

We also have a blow-up view of the spectators at the Redemption Island Duel …

It appears to be Andrea and Natalie from Ometepe on the upper right and we can presume it’s Mike and Julie for Vapatera in the lower left as they have yet to visit the duel site.

The Challenge

Like the Duel, this challenge has been seen before. It’s Sling Ball, where a girl from each tribe launches large colored balls from a over-sized slingshot to her tribemates who try to catch them with a giant lacrosse stick-type contraption, while at the same time, being tackled and poked by the opposing tribe.

Stephanie launches for the Zapateras.

and Natalie launches for the Ometepes. The game is very physical as we see from these shots:

… and the Voiceover says “And, this challenge may literally take you out of the game.”

Will Boston Rob live to see another day in the game? For now, yes!

Who wins the challenge? I’m guessing the Zapatera tribe will win! Once again, sending the Ometepe tribe back to Tribal Council. The Ometepes are all over the vidcaps this week, and usually that means they will be the tribe going to Tribal Council.

Post Challenge Scramble

We’ve already heard from Phillip, the Red-Headed Step Child, that he will let his animals out over at Ometepe. Phillip is tired of the girls enjoying spa day after spa day …

Jeff: And a girl's spa day...

Ashley: If you can make yourself be more comfortable, why not?

Jeff: ...causes a Phillip Sheppard meltdown.

Phillip: This is not pageant. Get off your butts and help out around here.

Phillip: I'm your red headed stepchild.

Note, it is Ashley, who seems to be taking the brunt of Phillip’s words … In fact, it is Ashley who is all over the Vidcaps this week.

The Clues

One castaway digs deep to find a way to weaken the strength of a powerful alliance, while a luxury item creates an unexpected bond between the dueling castaways on Redemption Island;

The castaway who digs deep of course is Phillip, the red-haired step child. He realizes he is the odd man out and will do his best to weaken the Rob-fadda four (Boston Rob, Grant, Natalie and Ashley) alliance, who have been calling the shots from day 1.

Loyalty of an alliance versus competitive strength of a tribe has the castaways questioning their strategy in the game.

This sounds to me, that this is a dilemma for the Rob-Fadda Four alliance. One of them will not perform well in the challenge, possibly causing the Ometepes to lose it. As was pointed out in The Threads, there are three young girls on the Ometepe tribe, all with similar builds. This has hurt them over and over again in the challenges. Will one of the Rob-Fadda four alliance-mates be voted out?

Will the betrayal of an alliance unleash a tribe mate's inner animal?
Will Phillip succeed at weakening the Rob-fadda four? If so, who will unleash their inner animal? Keep reading!

The Conclusion

This week the title of the episode The Red-Headed Step Child is all about Phillip and it is MISDIRECTION!!!

We’ve heard from…

… and he says “Phillip is bugging everyone, including myself. He is completely off his rockers, walking around in his pink panties. Nobody trusts him. As long as Phillip is aggravating everybody so much, it takes all the heat off of me so, in a way, maybe he needs to stay.”

Boston Rob wants Phillip to stay, so Phillip stays!

Another reason why I don't believe Phillip will be leaving this week is ...

I am believing that this is a shot of our Final 3. Left to right is Phillip, Boston Rob, and Natalie.

So, Phillip will work at weakening the Rob-Fadda four and he will drive Ashley and Natalie nuts. Keep in mind though that along with Phillip, it is Ashley who is all over the vidcaps this week. She will be the weak player in the challenge and one of the lazy spa girls around camp. After a hot debate, Rob-Fadda, Grant, Phillip and Andrea will choose strength over their alliance and will vote for Ashley at Tribal Council and Natalie will be the one to unleash her inner animal!

This week say good-bye to ...

Nurse Ashley

Ashley will join Matt at Redemption Island.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Luv That Scar-Lett dabo 03-22-11 1
   RE: Luv That Scar-Lett Round Robin 03-22-11 3
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Outfrontgirl 03-22-11 2
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Brownroach 03-22-11 4
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Corvis 03-22-11 5
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Flowerpower 03-22-11 6
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... kingfish 03-22-11 7
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... PepeLePew13 03-22-11 8
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Krautboy 03-22-11 9
   RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Scarlett O Hara 03-22-11 13
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Travel_Queen 03-22-11 10
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... CTgirl 03-22-11 11
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... HitmanPayne 03-22-11 12
   RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Scarlett O Hara 03-22-11 14
       RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... HitmanPayne 03-22-11 15
 The Short Girl Makes the F3 michel 03-22-11 16
   RE: The Short Girl Makes the F3 HitmanPayne 03-22-11 17
   RE: The Short Girl Makes the F3 Flowerpower 03-22-11 18
   RE: The Short Girl Makes the F3 kiki_k 03-23-11 22
   RE: The Short Girl Makes the F3 dabo 03-23-11 25
 RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Scarlett O Hara 03-22-11 19
   RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... HitmanPayne 03-22-11 20
   RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... michel 03-22-11 21
   RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... PepeLePew13 03-23-11 23
       RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Outfrontgirl 03-23-11 24
       RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Flowerpower 03-23-11 26
           RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... michel 03-23-11 27
           RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... PepeLePew13 03-23-11 28
               Phillip? PepeLePew13 03-23-11 29
   RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... VolcanicGlass 03-23-11 30
       RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Scarlett O Hara 03-23-11 31
       No Phillip Woogie 03-23-11 32
       RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Outfrontgirl 03-23-11 33
           Agree dabo 03-23-11 35
           RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... parathor 03-23-11 37
               RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... dabo 03-23-11 38
               RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Brownroach 03-23-11 40
       RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Flowerpower 03-23-11 34
           RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... dabo 03-23-11 36
       RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... VolcanicGlass 03-23-11 39
           RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step... Flowerpower 03-23-11 43
 Jeff Probst tweets... Flowerpower 03-23-11 41
   RE: Jeff Probst tweets... HitmanPayne 03-23-11 42
       RE: Jeff Probst tweets... michel 03-23-11 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-11, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Luv That Scar-Lett"
Rockin' SOTS! I've counted six boot theories and three double boot theories this week, a solid group collaborative effort this time. Exciting.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-22-11, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Luv That Scar-Lett"
Helluva SOTS, as most of them usually are. My gut feeling, though, is that if Phillip doesn't get his aggravating a$$ booted, it will be because Ometepe wins the IC, not because Ashley gets the gate. SeeBS just saw another of its pieces of eye candy sent to RI, and I don't think they'll like it too much if they keep losing them, so if there's any way possible to protect Rob's beauties without blatant manipulation, I think they'll be looking for it.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-11 AT 03:53 AM (EST)

A most excellent SOTS, Scarlett!
You got at the heart of it with great clarity. The whole story is laid out and I feel totally in agreement right up to who gets the actual vote majority.

I can't decide between Philip and Ashley.

To me the argument for Ashley is that we got a storyline with Philip and Andrea allying that will stop in its tracks if either goes. Of course we did have efforts with Kristina that also came to naught. Ashley has had a big spike in visibility, and she really has had a boring and uninteresting edit much like Krista who went last week, so as an individual player she could certainly go.

On the Philip side, I can easily discount Rob's statement about keeping him as a throwaway remark by Rob that the editors scooped up and planted for misdirection last week. You know, to obscure the obvious fact that Philip is on the chopping block. His story could be over. Mainly, if Rob et al allow the core alliance to get down to three, with Philip loose cannon, Andrea tied to Matt, and Matt looking more and more like a returnee -- that is some scary math.

And it's not like Philip is so much help in the challenges. He works around camp, but he disrupts. They want him out of there.

So I don't know ...

One thing, it was pointed out at MESS that the challenger is always black, and Matt was black when he dueled Francesca. He is only white all the time now because he's the defending champ -- although it tied in nicely with the Good vs. Evil theme.

PS. Couldn't help but notice how many of the helpful topics were started by FlowerPower. Thanks FloPo! Thanks to all of you who contribute, and thank you so much to Volcanic Glass and Blind Freddy for bringing over caps directly after promos air. It's really great!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Great SOTS, Scarlett. I agree with both of your picks.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Great job! How ironic that Scarlett ended up with the red headed stepchild episode!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Great SOTS, Scarlett! Thanks for going to bat for us on what appears to be another exciting week. I suppose I'll hold out for the press images before I vote, but I am heavily leaning with you at the time being, noting that it's a real possibility that the double boot will most likely be post-merge. I definitely think Matt is destined to return to the game, most likely as they merge.

Ironic that you do the Red-headed step child episode, and that Tribe did the "We hate our Tribe" episode....what next...

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Nice Job, Scar...You're pretty good at puzzles.

Great SOTS, well presented, lucid, and logical. I still think Phillip goes, but I'm more wanting that than thinking that that is what will realy happen.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"

Note how Natalie is dressed differently in the two pictures above? The second one could be after she realizes that Rob and the others are going to be gunning for Ashley at TC, and she is going to lose her 'best friend' in camp.

Great SOTS, Scarlett!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-22-11, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Thanks for the wonderful SOTS, this has been a complicated week, and your thorough SOTS helps clarify things. I was leaning towards a Zapatera TC, but you've almost got me convinced...

Krautboy

03-22-11, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-11 AT 08:28 PM (EST)

Hello KB -- I am convinced that the Ometepes will lose the challenge and go to tribal council, if only for the reason that the Zapataras are so absent from the vidcaps this week. If the Zaps were sending someone home, wouldn't we be shown more of their camp in the vidcaps?

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-11, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
This is a fantastic SOTS Miss Scarlett!

I wanted to make one more observation that might have been presented before. This is Rob's fourth time out, and he has likely watched a majority of all the other seasons....so he has seen it all, and the one thing he doesn't need or want is a "girls alliance".

Ashley and Natalie are seen together a lot, they would actually be more dangerous than the Matt & Andrea combo, because once merged they can pull in Andrea and/or Stephanie & Krista, (assuming she is still around) and form a strong young girl's alliance. I can see Stephanie being the instigator. So Rob with all the time he has "amusing and entertaining himself", is running all these scenarios in his head, and he will get rid of that threat by breaking up Natalie and Ashley sooner rather than later. He also gets the message out in true Robfadda fashion that he'll protect you as long as you show loyalty and it's to his liking.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Awesome job on the SOTS Scar and I love your photochop of Philip!

I agree with your picks too.

HitmanPayne 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-22-11, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HitmanPayne Click to send private message to HitmanPayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
It all seems to make sense. I had forgotten the whole thing about Russell and his armpits. Now comparing that to Ashley. I see Ashley getting sort of the same treatment that Russ got. Russ seemed to be lazy the few remaining days he was on this season before he got booted. GREAT picks. Anything to see Phillip still on.

03-22-11, 08:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Welcome to the boards Hitman! Hope to see more of you!

03-22-11, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HitmanPayne Click to send private message to HitmanPayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Thank you. I look forward to posting more on here with my insight on upcoming episodes.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-11, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "The Short Girl Makes the F3"
Great job, Scarlett!

I haven't been part of the SOTS in the last few seasons but I think it's time to get involved!

This is the second time I've seen this picture:

I don't know if it's dreamteamers or not. I can't really make out Phillip. If you guys say so, maybe it is. But I don't think that is Natalie standing next to Rob.

Natalie is almost as tall as Rob:

Which girl is short?

We barely see Steph above Natalie's head as she stands on the perch. Note the height difference between her and Rob. Doesn't it look like a better match?

03-22-11, 09:01 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Short Girl Makes the F3"
After looking at both pics, Natalie isn't THAT much shorter than Rob, IMO, I think the height difference in the tribal council pic looks just exactly the same as the one at the IC.

03-22-11, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Short Girl Makes the F3"
michel: Had to jump in here. That is definitely Natalie, imho. Natalie has her hair on top of her head at the challenge, look at their shoulders, then look at the bridge picture. Also, they are wearing their clothes....Natalie in her yellow dress.

Steph has that tiered skirt.

Here is Natalie in her yellow dress with the belt, and it's a mini-skirt...

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-23-11, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Short Girl Makes the F3"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

Sorry michel -- it's a good theory, but for my money it is Natalie in the TC bridge pic. Stephanie is very, very short -- much shorter than the brunette in the the TC bridge picture. (She's about 5 feet, no more than 5'2 to Rob's approximate 5'9). If it was Stephanie in that pic, she wouldn't come up to that height against the torch she's holding.

Natalie's height is much closer to girl in the TC pic & I think it is only the positioning in the 2 pictures (in the challenge pic she is more in the foreground than Rob & her hair -- as FloPo points out, is on the top of her head -- in the TC bridge she is on the same plane as he is) that is making it look like a slight difference in her height vis-a-vis Rob. But look at where the girl in the TC bridge picture comes up to against the torch -- definitely not someone of Stephanie's petite stature.

Also, the top the girl in the TC bridge picture is wearing is definitely yellow -- I can see that clearly -- Stephanie doesn't have anything that color.

03-23-11, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Short Girl Makes the F3"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 01:03 AM (EST)

Personally, I don't put much stock in stunt double dream teamers at TC. How many times have we seen overhead shots of a tribe walking into TC in darkness with their torches lighted, but in the TC set itself the first thing they do when they get there is stick their torches in the fire to light them.

I see two men and a woman, one of the men is wearing a baseball cap.

Anyway, you should have no concerns about source spoilers (leaks) this season, almost everything has been tainted. There are a couple of independent spoilers out there that seem valid, and some call sheets that came from somewhere, that's it.

edited to respeal drakness

03-22-11, 09:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Love the speculation developing in the SOTS thread Michel!

Check out this photo of the Survivors before they entered the game:

In the top photo you can see what they wore at the beginning. Phillip tore off his sleeves. In the bottom photo, you can see Phillip's arms (this means his sleeves had been torn off) -- it is Phillip. Rob is in the middle. And I've been telling FloPo all of this time that I thought it was Stephanie on the right because the skirt she is wearing on the bottom photo looks like the one she wore at the beginning (top photo). But FloPo seems to think that it is Natalie in the yellow dress. The hair imo, looks more like Stephanie's.

Finally, look at the length of the hair on the girl in the bottom photo. Now compare that hair length to Stephanie and Natalie in the top photo. I think the girl in the bottom photo is indeed Stephanie whose hair is slightly shorter than Natalies!

Great observations! Is this our F-3?

And, Michel, you must check out the SOTS each week. After all, it is only the author's interpretations of the collective weekly speculation from everyone here.

03-22-11, 10:08 PM (EST)
20. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
I just realized. Ashley has been hangin out with Andrea and Matt recently. Could Andrea have joined up with Nat and Ash, thus "betraying" Phillip, causing Phillip to "unleash" his inner animal?

03-22-11, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
FP and Scarlett, all I can say is that I can't see any details about clothing in the TC picture besides the baseball cap worn by the middle figure. Could be Rob, could be a dream teamer. But, if it is Rob, that doesn't look like Natalie next to him.

One day, a source spoiler will creep up in the SOTS so I prefer to stay in the editing thread and the source free vidcaps. I came here because this week seemed safe.

03-23-11, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 00:35 AM (EST)

Hard to say. My money's on a bunch of dreamteamers at this point in time. I'm not completely seeing Rob in that pic because of the apparent sleeves the guy is wearing - Rob doesn't wear a T-shirt under his wifebeater, does he?

03-23-11, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
The sleeves could be a distortion, not sure.
Maybe this pic is the F3, maybe not. I have no idea why they would show us the F3.

Has no one considered that it might be pure misdirection, having DT's pose and simulate a meaningful moment in the season?

03-23-11, 07:05 AM (EST)
26. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
...for me, it's clearly Boston Rob, and Natalie there. Nat's hair is mostly behind her....she's in her yellow dress with the belt.

I discount dreamteamers because these are the clothes that they all wore...it looks just like them...I think.

Pepe, thanks for the enlargement, it's very helpful! Can you blow up the Phillip portion of this picture as well? I am not as convinced that Phillip has his sleeves on or not. Phillip cut his sleeves off of his shirt on day 1. So, if there are sleeves there, this picture is nothing. If it's Phillip with sleeves, then we still have something to chew on.

Phillip is to Rob's right, but on the left of the picture.

03-23-11, 07:31 AM (EST)
27. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
The yellow comes out better in Pepe's good picture BUT, has everyone forgotten about the buff-o-matic?

03-23-11, 07:31 AM (EST)
28. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
To my eyes, the picture of the girl is inconclusive -- I see Natalie's upper body in there but I also see a different lower body, it looks more like a pair of shorts than an one-colour dress like Natalie's.

If you look at various shots of Natalie elsewhere, you see that her dress is longer below the belt than above. It's not Stephanie's skirt either (no apparent ruffle in place) and the girl seems taller than Stephanie would be in this type of setting.

I tried to isolate who we think is Phillip but was unable to get a clear-enough picture, so I cropped him out and focused on the other two.

03-23-11, 07:38 AM (EST)
29. "Phillip?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 07:39 AM (EST)

Gave it another shot by pulling out the big guns on Photoshop. This is the best I can do for now... but if it's Phillip, it appears he is sleeveless here.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-23-11, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

03-23-11, 09:53 AM (EST)
31. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Dream Teamers?

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-23-11, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "No Phillip"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-11 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

That person at the left of who we think is Rob is surely not Phillip in this blowup. He's got hair!!!

I'm not sure if this is CBS showing us F3 or it could be just dreamteamers on the shots, but guy in the middle surely is impersonating Rob. So even if these three are not the members in the game, but just dreamteamers, they could be inpersonating someone in the game.

IMO, with this picture above, i feel that the third person who lots of people speculated was Phillip looks like somebody else. The only person in this game with that length of hair is Grant. At first I thought it was Matt, but his hair looks longer. If it's someone impersonating, I won't rule out Matt on this.

03-23-11, 10:47 AM (EST)
33. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Wow, VolcanicGlass, that is amazing quality.
the one on the left is not Phil for sure. Blonde hair.
If not for the thick legs, I'd say it almost looks like Andrea, but more like Matt's build and height.

The male is a Boston Rob lookalike, but with the blow-up, I don't get the feeling it it is Rob. The whole thing feels very staged.

03-23-11, 11:07 AM (EST)
35. "Agree"
Matt double, hair loose instead of pulled into ponytail.

Rob double, very posed, jawline is just not Rob.

Natalie double, wig seems maybe a bit too full/clean, might think Stephanie double but for the dress.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-11, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
It definitely feels staged, but whether they're real people or fake is probably still up in the air.

("hey, stand here a second before you go back to camp.")

The Rob jawline throws things into question, but I think these are the real people. I suspect that this was taken on the way back from the first tribal council or so, and probably has little relevance other than being pretty awesome.

The 3rd person is "supposed" to be Grant, though, I'm now convinced. I did some photoshopping myself, and the pants still had some red/orange to them after I removed those colors (indicating Grant), and the left-wrist has something on it (Matt & Grant started the show with something on their left wrists, but only Grant has continued to have it). The person also has thicker bow-legs, which seems more Grant (Matt's legs are more stick-like)

03-23-11, 11:46 AM (EST)
38. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Rob, Grant, Natalie, the core Ometepe alliance; long story of the season?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-11, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
("hey, stand here a second before you go back to camp.")

This sums up my skepticism about the shot. When would any of the contestants be facing in that direction on the walkway? It would have to deliberately posed.

I don't think it is any of the contestants. Yes the guy in the middle sort of resembles Rob but I don't think that's intended to signify anything.

03-23-11, 11:00 AM (EST)
34. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Thanks so much, VG! That is awesome. Clearly, that's NOT Phillip. I suppose it could be Matt or Grant??? Don't know who these people are...clearly they are dressed as the Survivors are....so I just don't know. Has SEG gone to these lengths before?

03-23-11, 11:08 AM (EST)
36. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Yes. They have been using doubles since the first season.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-23-11, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
The first version of the image that we saw was the one shown during the Preview at the Nicaragua Finale.

The clothes in each of the two groups seem to match the clothes worn by some of the players on Day One.

Note that Rob on the bridge is wearing his shirt in this sequence.

The second version was in the Intro for Survivor Redemption Island. In this one, we don't have the long shot of the entire TC building, just the close-ups. Note that Rob on the bridge is not wearing his shirt in this sequence.

The interesting question is when exactly was the sequence shot, since the inclusion of Rob and Russell was supposed to be a surprise to the other players?

Also noteworthy:
- the clothes are not worn, indicating pre/early game;
- the tribes are mixed up, indicating this could not be pre/post first TC;
- the players were repositioned for various sequences (the group of five on the stairs is in essentially the same formation, but not the same spots in the two different shots, the group on the bridge consists of different players in the two different shots.)

As

03-23-11, 02:32 PM (EST)
43. "RE: SOTS- Ep. 6 The Red-Haired Step Child"
Wow, they sure are using the exact same clothes...I see Andrea's, Kristina's, Stephanie's, Russell's, and Grants, and then over the bridge, there'e Boston Rob's and David's....

I wonder if the person to the right of Boston Rob in the first one is supposed to be Matt?

Or, do you think they had the Survivors pose all around TC for these?

03-23-11, 01:22 PM (EST)
41. "Jeff Probst tweets..."

Tonight on Survivor: One of the GREATEST speeches ever by who else - Phillip. Laughing just thinking bout it.Tweet LIVE w/me 2nite!

I have a feeling his lion or gorilla will be making an appearance...

03-23-11, 01:38 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Jeff Probst tweets..."
-.- I have a feeling Phillip is gone now. If this is at tribal, he's gone.

03-23-11, 05:35 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Jeff Probst tweets..."
Episode #1 TC was the Phillip Sheppard show but he didn't leave.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •