The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Maggie, May I?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-22-05, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Maggie, May I?"
I cannot believe I am about to do this. "We who are about to die, salute you."

At first, when Maggie was Cappy's appendage, I did not like her.

However, I've had a chance to see her at odd moments on the live feeds, and I have changed my opinion.

1) Though Maggie may play in the Sith Sandbox, she has had her moments of revelation. She seems to understand that this is a G-A-M-E. I've actually heard her say things like, "Yes, it's a mean thing to do, but that is a strategic move."

2) I've seen Maggie try to comfort her teammates. She has done so by trying to find things about them that are positive. As I watched her, I found myself thinking that I'd want someone like Maggie with me if I were in the ER and under a lot of stress. Maggie has more depth of character than the other Sith.

3) Maggie is smart. Her personal life is very much in order - she has an interesting career that demands quick thinking and compassion. She has a strong sense of loyalty - not because money demands it - she is loyal because she values that quality.

4) Away from the game, I think Maggie is a good person.

There, I've said it. I am now officially running for cover.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Maggie, May I? Wildchil 08-22-05 1
   RE: Maggie, May I? nailbone 08-22-05 3
       RE: Maggie, May I? Wildchil 08-22-05 11
 RE: Maggie, May I? HistoryDetective 08-22-05 2
   RE: Maggie, May I? nailbone 08-22-05 4
       RE: Maggie, May I? Snidget 08-22-05 5
           RE: Maggie, May I? nailbone 08-22-05 9
   RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-22-05 7
 RE: Maggie, May I? kathliam 08-22-05 6
   RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-22-05 8
       RE: Maggie, May I? HistoryDetective 08-22-05 10
           RE: Maggie, May I? leianawd 08-22-05 12
               RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-22-05 15
                   RE: Maggie, May I? leianawd 08-23-05 21
                       RE: Maggie, May I? merry367 08-25-05 29
                           RE: The Impossible Dream? RonReports 08-31-05 51
           RE: Maggie, May I? Glass 08-22-05 17
               RE: Maggie, May I? merry367 08-25-05 30
           RE: Maggie, May I? kary1371 09-01-05 59
       RE: Maggie, May I? universityofkentuckyrocks 08-22-05 13
           RE: Maggie, May I? kathliam 08-22-05 14
 RE: Maggie, May I? Lasann 08-22-05 16
   RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-22-05 19
   RE: Maggie, May I? merry367 08-25-05 31
 RE: Maggie, May I? Snidget 08-22-05 18
   RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-22-05 20
 RE: Maggie, May I? Candyland 08-23-05 22
   RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-23-05 23
       RE: Maggie, May I? tidefan 08-24-05 24
 The Diane Henry Award HistoryDetective 08-24-05 25
   RE: The Diane Henry Award louieb 08-24-05 26
       RE: The Diane Henry Award leianawd 08-25-05 32
       RE: The Diane Henry Award merry367 08-25-05 34
   RE: The Diane Henry Award okaychatt 08-24-05 27
       RE: The Diane Henry Award HistoryDetective 08-25-05 28
   RE: The Diane Henry Award merry367 08-25-05 33
       RE: The Diane Henry Award Lisa0116 08-25-05 35
           RE: The Diane Henry Award merry367 08-26-05 41
               RE: The Diane Henry Award okaychatt 08-27-05 48
       RE: The Diane Henry Award leianawd 08-27-05 45
       RE: The Diane Henry Award okaychatt 08-27-05 47
 RE: Maggie, May I? Captain_Savem 08-25-05 36
   RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-25-05 37
       RE: Maggie, May I? Captain_Savem 08-25-05 38
           RE: Maggie, May I? Wildcat Bobo 08-26-05 39
               RE: Maggie, May I? leianawd 08-26-05 40
               RE: Maggie, May I? Wildchil 08-26-05 42
                   RE: Maggie, May I? leianawd 08-26-05 43
           RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-27-05 44
               RE: Maggie, May I? leianawd 08-27-05 46
               RE: Maggie, May I? Qluvsherboys 08-31-05 49
 RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-31-05 50
   RE: Maggie, May I? HistoryDetective 08-31-05 52
   RE: Maggie, May I? louieb 08-31-05 53
       RE: Maggie, May I? okaychatt 08-31-05 54
           RE: Maggie, May I? Wildcat Bobo 09-01-05 56
       RE: Maggie, May I? RonReports 09-01-05 55
           RE: Maggie, May I? Wildcat Bobo 09-01-05 57
           RE: Maggie, May I? Lisa0116 09-01-05 58
               RE: Maggie, May I? fedcamper 09-01-05 60
                   RE: Maggie, May I? Captain_Savem 09-01-05 61
                       RE: Maggie, May I? fedcamper 09-01-05 63
           RE: Maggie, May I? tamarama 09-01-05 62
               RE: Maggie, May I? RonReports 09-02-05 64
                   RE: Maggie, May I? tamarama 09-02-05 65

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wildchil 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-22-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wildchil Click to send private message to Wildchil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I agree with everything you said.. at this point she's the one i would like to see win.. and one of the few "good guys" in the game.

On another note.. Jen.. I give her some kudos too, even though she played a bit stupidly and got herself knocked out.. at least she never tried that holier than thou crap.. she went back on her word.. she made no bones about it and that it was a stratigical move on her part. No name calling.. none of the crap "the other side" perpetuated ..

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-22-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Jen?!?!? You're obviously staying away from the live feeds.

o-

08-22-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wildchil Click to send private message to Wildchil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<<You're obviously staying away from the live feeds.>>

**chuckles** .. yes .. I guess I am at a disadvantage 'cause I only watch 3 hours of BB6 a week

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
That may all be quite true, but she still has really poor taste in friends in real life. Who would voluntarily spend time around Crappy when not locked in a house?

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

08-22-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Ya know, doesn't her BF work with Crappy? Maybe she doesn't even LIKE Crappy that much. Maybe she just did it for the money.

o-

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
You're obviously staying away from the live feeds.

A Syren Creation

sorry, whack me if you must.

08-22-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
*whack* I know, I know, NONE of them are doing it for the money.

o-

08-22-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<Who would voluntarily spend time around Crappy when not locked in a house?

Well, you might have a point there, HD. Crappy is a bit much to take.

However, maybe Maggie is one of those that tries to look for the good instead of the bad?

I dunno - I knew I'd get roasted, but I thought Maggie deserved a second look. Of all the players, I'd say she and Rachel have kept their heads when all the others went off half cocked.

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-22-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I also admit I've gained a little bit of respect for Maggie the last week or so. She and Ivette are the only two fiends who realize this is a game, and not about creating lasting friendships.

I am curious about one thing, though. The Sith have at least made a preliminary effort at thinking about the numbers at the end. They realize they have the majority of numbers on the jury, however, it is a slim majority of one, assuming the F2 are James and a Sith. If Maggie is up against James in F2, there is, numerically speaking, the possibility she would lose. Ivette is the wild card here, would she vote for Maggie out of loyalty to 'Cappy', or to James who has taken over the role as her protector?

James hopefully has realized his only chance of winning is if he takes a Jedi to F2, although he doesn't seem to be working very hard to make sure that happens. I find it curious that Maggie hasn't realized the same thing.

I don't include any of the other Sith in this equation, because I really don't think any of them are smart enough to figure this out.

In most seasons, there are not the clear team lines drawn as this year. Heck, last year Nakomis voted against her brother, Cowboy, as the winner. I just don't see any hamster crossing alliance lines in jury voting, with the possible exception of Ivette having to decide over Maggie or James.

08-22-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<Nakomis voted against her brother, Cowboy, as the winner

Who, in her right mind, wouldn't vote against Cowboy?

Sorry - even the mention of him brings shivers of repulsion.

08-22-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I thought that Nakomis did vote for Cowboy in the end...

I would have voted for Cowboy, considering the alternative. I paid attention to the live feeds and not the Drew the golden boy carp that CBS tried to shove down our throats.

Cowboy svcked as a player, but he was still the lesser of two evils.

journal

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-22-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I have never been a fan of Maggie and I'm still not to be honest but I can't deny that she does know how to keep her cool no matter what. Things just seem to roll right off of her I don't even think she blinked when Janelle called her a b itch. I just wish she would stop making the stupid move of being so loyal to the "Friendship" alliance because she will get burnt. As for her winning well I don't really care if she does or if she doesn't.

Also, the cowboy guy wasn't that bad he just wasn't the brightest bulb in the pack.

08-22-05, 06:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<cowboy guy wasn't that bad he just wasn't the brightest bulb in the pack.

He also had a HUGE ego that let him think he would get his own sitcom.

I cannot forgive him for that kind of blatant ignorance about himself.

Mega ICK!

That is all. You may now proceed with the regular Love Fest.

08-23-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
LOL, I didn't really like cowboy he really didn't deserve to win because he got to the final two by accident but compared to Jase and Scott he was less obnoxious.
On someone else's comment about how they wish that Kaysar and Maggie would have partnered up I agree. Both of them can keep themselves calm with the few exceptions that Kaysar became upset which has nowhere been near the level of other houseguests lol,and they could have combined their smarts and kicked butt. I think that the only thing that is making Maggie a not so smart player is the fact that she is so loyal to the "Friendship" alliance which is crumbling.

merry367 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-25-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail merry367 Click to send private message to merry367 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Baloney about Cowboy getting there by accident. He sounded naive but was sly as a fox, and got there by being "Mr. Nice Guy" with a nonthreatening persona. Drew did basically the same thing. The update on Cowboy is that he did exactly what he said he would do in his future which was to marry his girl friend and get on with his ranch thing.

Meanwhile, Maggie is a smart player, and her connection with "Cappy" is immaterial. She is a threat and her associates will eventually try hard to get her out. James, has entertaining dialogue and intelligence compared to the rest of them. This show has gone down. They need more of a cross section of ages and less parading women in bikinis. Yawn.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-31-05, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: The Impossible Dream?"
>They need
>more of a cross section
>of ages and less parading
>women in bikinis.

We are going to have to settle for them parading young women in bikinis, at least until Big Brother allows female toplessness.

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-22-05, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glass Click to send private message to Glass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Yeah HDet, Drew was a dink.

-Glass.

08-25-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail merry367 Click to send private message to merry367 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Drew was an intelligent player and won fair and square . . .a shame he actually some moral fortitude which makes some sick.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
According to this, she did vote for him :

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother5/show/vh.shtml

I guess no matter what, blood is thicker than water.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-22-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I checked last year Big brother 5 site and Nakomis did vote for Cowboy.

ULwill always suck in my book

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
My bad, sorry 'bout that.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I've been championing Maggie for awhile. She is smart, rarely says anything bad about other players, except strategy wise (we need to vote off this one or that one because they are strong). I wanted Kaysar and her to team up because I think they were the smartest. Maggie has proven to be smarter, or maybe she just
has easier hampsters to control. Without her the fiendship would have turned into a mess, Ivette would probably still be a raging maniac unable to control her mouth, April would have been outcast much earlier because she is soooo obnoxious etc.

Some viewers a couple of weeks ago said they didn't like her because she is ugly and fat. I don't think she is anywhere near fat and she's not bad looking. Next to Janelle we all would look bad.

I could handle it if she won, but still want a Jedi to win. Oh heck, of the remaing players I don't want Ivette, Beau or April. Any of the others will work for me.

08-22-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<Some viewers a couple of weeks ago said they didn't like her because she is ugly and fat.

Geez - and I missed that shining example of maturity and depth of character.

Cause we all know that it's the bright, shiny, thin, pretty people that matter.

08-25-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
So you judge a "book by its cover"? That's one of the things wrong with the BB show. Too many young thin 'pretty' people without any variety of body types and interesting personalites, so they lose all the Baby Boomers, and the 'young' aging population.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Once she got over the Cappy worship, she turned out to be one of the least annoying of the Fiendship.

She still plays some immature games that drive me insane. For example, the I won't go up to see Janelle's HOH room because she was calling us bitches thing. Even if you hate people, you don't shut them out in a game like this. You never know when you might need them.

I will give her this, at least she knows how to shut up and listen to what is going on around her. I swear think if Yapril ever stopped talking she would die because if she is not talking she doesn't know how to exhale.

A Syren Creation

08-22-05, 11:05 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<She still plays some immature games that drive me insane

Ooops - I completely forgot about the big turd Maggie left in Kaysar's HOH toilet.

Can we just chalk my temporary memory lapse as a reaction to the general level of elementary school recess antics by ALL members of the BB6 house?

I'm quickly tiring of all of them.

Well, Rachel still hasn't crossed the line, but who knows what she'll come up with in the next couple of days?

Candyland 14 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Candyland Click to send private message to Candyland Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I agree with you!

I've liked Maggie from the beginning.
I also have liked Rachel from the beginning.
I'd be ok with either of them winning but I do hope it's Maggie.
Anyone but Ivette or Janelle would be acceptable with me.

I think Maggie got a bad rap for being associate with Eric
as much as Janelle got in good because she sided with Kaysars team. I can't believe the things people overlook in Janelle's behavior either because she's pretty or because she's on the right "side"

I'm glad this is not a show my children want to watch because I'd have trouble justifying so much of their behavior.

08-23-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<I can't believe the things people overlook in Janelle's behavior either because she's pretty or because she's on the right "side"

You'll note I didn't start a "Love Ya Janelle" thread. She's just as petty and infantile as those in the Fiendship. My jaw dropped at how much she thrilled to calling the other team names and to looking for opportunities to make them feel miserable.

Of course, it was a give as good as you get kind of situation, but still, Janelle enjoyed herself way too much.

tidefan 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tidefan Click to send private message to tidefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Well Maggie has FINALLY figured it all out. She has known James was a problem, but now she realizes that he knows he can only go to the end with Howie or Janelle to be able to win. She knows they have to get rid of him next week and has been trying to convence Ivette she is being used.

08-24-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
25. "The Diane Henry Award"
Yeah, Janell may have gained a few pounds, but Maggie wins the Diane Henry Award this season for looking the most haggard as the weeks in the house pass.

journal

louieb 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louieb Click to send private message to louieb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
The Diane Henry Award? Now that's funny. LMAO! I've never seen a butt grow that big and a face whither that much in such a short span of time. Although the Korean chick from BB4 should receive honary mention for her jelly belly (remember the slow-mo camera shot of it when she wore the bikini). Maggie's problem is that she began where Diane left off. OK, sorry for lowering the high standards of discussion but dammit its the truth. As for wanting Maggie to win? Forget it. There is only one choice and that is King James.
He must be one of the top performers for the POVs. He has a complete understanding of the group dynamics (with the obvious exception of Howie's retarded reign of HOH) and now I think he has manuvered himself into a position of power. I don't think he will win but I sure hope he does.

08-25-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
LMAO, at least Maggie has a better sense than to wear some of the crap that Jun did......remember that cheap 80's looking black net shirt...........oh that was just awful.

08-25-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
34. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
This attacking a person's physical appearance is making me crazy. How shallow can you get? I too, believe that James is at the top, and does understand the dynamics of the game. He is like the cat with 9 lives and without the POVs he would have been gone!

08-24-05, 11:26 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 11:28 PM (EST)

<but Maggie wins the Diane Henry Award this season for looking the most haggard as the weeks in the house pass.

HD - thanks for the evening chuckle. Keep 'em coming.

ETA that at least Maggie isn't going for the skanky skunk striped look. That must count for something.

08-25-05, 07:57 AM (EST)
28. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
skanky skunk striped look

The very obvious roots are only slightly better.

journal

08-25-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
33. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
Is physical appearance so important to winning this game? Maggie is an every day looking American woman who is smart and has a good profession outside the house. She has set a good example of mature behavior, unlike "Howie the spoiled leering at women boy he is", and Janelle who blew it with her verbal attacks. She needed their votes. She'll be kept in the game so someone can be up against her in the end, and win.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
Maggie has been playing smarter, but I still don't like her much. Now at least she is playing her own "friendship" people behind their backs-won't they be surprised when they figure it out (if they are smart enough to do so).

Are you saying no one else in the house has a good profession outside the house, so that makes them less worthy?? And where exactly was the good example of mature behavior?? She has been just as manipulative as all the others, but seems to think she is better than them (her own alliance included-she looks down her nose at them!!).

We can only hope that the fiendship has to vote to give the money to the Jedi in the end and then we will find out how "mature" Magpie is.

08-26-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
41. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
Not saying that Maggie is better than anyone, and where do you get that she thinks she's better than anyone else? My top dog right now is James. If he keeps playing the way he is, the money is his. Meanwhile the "fiendship" as you call them will devour each other in the end. Oh, when I refer to her being mature, I refer to her not resorting to name-calling outloud which has cost Howie this game.

08-27-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
48. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
<I refer to her not resorting to name-calling outloud

You're right. Maggie reserves that for talking smack behind closed doors.

She's not All That in the BB house, but I still say she's the one I'd hang with outside the house, besides Kaysar and maybe Rachel.

08-27-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
45. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
Maggie really isn't a bad looking woman, in my opinion. Like I said in my post at least she doesn't wear the things that Jun wore which would be unflatering to any type of body.

08-27-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
47. "RE: The Diane Henry Award"
<Maggie is an every day looking American woman who is smart and has a good profession outside the house

I think Maggie looks just fine. She's the one who should be the standard in the modeling trade.

The anorexic skeletons, starting with Twiggy, should be the ones considered abnormal and unhealthy.

I'd love to get back to the day when Marilyn Monroe, who actually had a figure, was considered the gold standard. She was a size 14.

Maggie works out, so she's relatively healthy.

Maggie looks AOK, thank you very much.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-05 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

I'll be the voice of "distention" here. I don't think Maggie is smart at all. I mean, she acts like it by listening and saying "interesting..." every other sentence, but that's where the similarities between her and somebody with some sense ends. She's as nasty and as vile as the rest of them when they get into their sewing circle and start taking personal shots at the Jedi.

She continually allows the inmates to run the asylum. She has her moments of clarity, but they are (more often than not) after the fact. A prime example of this is when JBlow "won" HoH and Maggie was dead set on getting rid of James because 1)He is gunning for her, and 2)That was the original agreement the Sith had with the Jedi. She lets the rest of her team convince her that Kaysar was the bigger threat (arguable, but I've always been convinced that James is the biggest threat in the game, to everyone), and when they backstab him and put him on the block? She says, "I think it was a mistake to put Kaysar on the block and not get rid of James when we had the chance." Ya think?! Now this wouldn't be so bad, but I'll be damned if she didn't do it again this week by saying, "I think it was a mistake to get rid of Rachel before James." Huh?! Then why didn't you do it when you had the power, TWICE?!! This is a woman who doesn't learn from her mistakes, and I for one, hope it comes back to bite her (and the Sith) in the ass. I will, however, give her credit for having enough brain cells to see that JBlow's actions would make her Public Enemy Number One and allow JBlow to throw herself under the bus. That was heads-up.

Edited for typos

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.

08-25-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<She's as nasty and as vile as the rest of them when they get into their sewing circle and start taking personal shots at the Jedi.

You're right about that. I have to wonder if she's just joining in to stay on the right side of the Friendship.

But then I'm reminded of the kudos she gave Beau Beau after his boo boo of a nomination speech. She sounded sincere in her zapping of Rachel.

She's had her good moments, more so than any of the other Sith, but maybe not enough to be considered one of the good guys.

I'm at a point where I don't like any of the hamsters very much.

Howie has been fairly useless in the competitions except for his one HOH, and his strategy has been non-existent. He refused to listen to Rachel, and as a result, Howie messed things up big time for the Jedi.

Janelle - eh - she's been just as mean and petty as the Sith. I don't have much use for her, though she's still very much a threat in the competitions.

Rachel - she's kept her head in the game fairly well, but I'm not drawn to her at all.

James - dare I say it? I'm rooting for a James win. He's playing the best game so far.

08-25-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-05 AT 05:29 PM (EST)

She's had her good moments, more so than any of the other Sith, but maybe not enough to be considered one of the good guys.

I agree. She's, by far, the best of that sorry bunch. And just when I start to think that maybe she isn't as bad as I (and others) have made her out to be, she does something or says something so delusional that I dislike even more.

Janelle - eh - she's been just as mean and petty as the Sith. I don't have much use for her, though she's still very much a threat in the competitions.

I have to disagree on this one chatt. Janelle has been no where near as bad as the Sith when it comes to personal attacks and pettiness. Sure, her and Beau got into it that one night, and every now and then she'll let go with a zinger, but the Sith talk about her 24/7 and have been gunning for her since Day One, who can blame her? In fact, most of the trash talking about the Sith has come from James. He's the one who called Yapril a 45 year old crack whore (which is still the best sting yet), and calls the Sith stoopid and worthless losers. Janelle has been great, all things considered.

Wildcat Bobo 11 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wildcat%20Bobo Click to send private message to Wildcat%20Bobo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Oh boy, it's hard to say, but I suppose Maggie is the best of the nerds. But that's not saying much. As a group, they're a bunch of judgmental, holier-than-thou dweebs. Individually, Ivette is a loud-mouth, ultra-emotional #####. Beau serves no purpose whatsoever. April is a conniving, two-faced waste of human flesh. And Maggie walks around with her nose in teh air and thinks she is smarter than everybody else.

The thing about this group as well is I get the sense that they think they're very likable and America will love them when they get out of the house. Truth is, this group of bozos will go down as the most useless in Big Brother history.

Will was despised on BB2, but in the end I rooted for him and he was entertaining. This group, I don't despise them as much as I just come to the conclusion that they're a bunch of lame asses that I don't care to see on my TV set...

08-26-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
LOL, I think Ivette feels she is quite the celebrity.

08-26-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I like Maggie, more than any of the others... and say that off only watching the tv shows.. not the live feed.

The most holier than thou acting in my thoughts have been Howie and Janelle frankly... well James because He thinks everyone in the house is so stupid they don't know he's playing both sides against the other.. I think the only two believing that would be Janelle and Yvette lol

Yvette's whining gets on my nerves.. but not as much as Janelle's does.. although her neediness and gulibility is more than a bit to take sometimes... but Janelle shares those qualities with her.

Wildcat.. i think you're right.. the Friendship folks come off as being more likeable to many viewers.. and probably a lot of that can be blamed on how Janelle and Howie acted.. and how James continues to act.. the slime factor.. seems so large in those actions.

As to the friendship being bozos.. hmm.. who is left standing right now in pretty solid numbers? The Friendship alliance.

I do think.. like Wil.. if James is in the final two.. he will win.. playing the game and all that. Just hope both sides are bright enough to get him out of the house so that doesn't happen

08-26-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Wildcat.. i think you're right.. the Friendship folks come off as being more likeable to many viewers.. and probably a lot of that can be blamed on how Janelle and Howie acted.. and how James continues to act.. the slime factor.. seems so large in those actions

I don't really think that wildcat was saying that the "Friendship" is more likeable to viewers. In fact I am pretty sure that wildcat wrote that the "Friendship" thinks they are liked by America and when they leave the game they will be in a shock about how much America doesn't like them.

I guess we will all have to see who America likes the best now that Kaysar is gone when Julie announces who America has choosen to make the phone call. But I have a feeling that it might be Howie or James with Janelle and possibly Maggie trailing behind.

08-27-05, 00:20 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<Janelle has been great, all things considered.

Yeah - we're going to have to agree to disagree.

However, I can say that she's used her taunts to bait the Sith, and they've worked beautifully.

It's just that I think she's every bit as ugly about the Sith as they are about her. I'm thinking of the blipped words that stream from her mouth when she's dissing the Sith.

She's actually enjoyed her spats, and that tells me something about her that I don't like.

That said, I'm off to vote for Janelle to get that phone call. Of all the hamsters left in the house, a Janelle win would create the most apoplexy from the Sith.

08-27-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Hell yeah it would especially with Ivette! Ivette hates the fact that Janelle seems to win alot, like the PB&J pass, the t.v and netflix card, the movie. Hmmm....sounds like a good idea if the people in the house aren't going to stir crap up us viewers may as well.

Qluvsherboys 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-31-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Qluvsherboys Click to send private message to Qluvsherboys Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Maggie, May I?"

>It's just that I think she's
>every bit as ugly about
>the Sith as they are
>about her. I'm thinking
>of the blipped words
>that stream from her mouth
>when she's dissing the Sith.

The difference is that Janelle owns the comments and the "friendship" acts like everything they say is justified and never personal or wrong.

I have to say that I will aggree that Maggie is not as big of a &4#@ as Ivette and April but she is so full of herself. I have the live feed and her and April were talking and when April said that Janelle can't win the money. Maggie looked at her with such cold control and said she wont win.

08-31-05, 09:06 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
After watching Maggie on the live feeds, I've changed my mind since my initial post.

She has belittled others and participated in incredibly mean comments about Janelle. Some of her vindictive comments have even extended to members of her own team, including Ivette and Beau.

Maggie has participated in conversations that would make a sailor blush. Then she has put others down for having done exactly the same thing.

Anything positive I had to say about her has evaporated over the last week or two. She sees herself as better than anyone else.

She is firmly mired into the morass known as the Sith. She's sinking fast.

08-31-05, 09:46 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I'm just glad to see the sig pic back!

journal

*smooch*

louieb 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-31-05, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louieb Click to send private message to louieb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
So was the de-programming as tough as they say it is? Although Maggie is in James league as a "strategerist" she is pure evil. Which explains how she has control of the cult. Welcome back.

08-31-05, 10:42 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
<Which explains how she has control of the cult. Welcome back.

That squinty eyed stare Maggie gets when she's silently holding forth amongst the Sith, along with her pursed mouth, is quite unnerving.

It's like she's practicing mind control. But that can't be hard, since the combined Sith brain cells don't add up to more than five each.

09-01-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wildcat%20Bobo Click to send private message to Wildcat%20Bobo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
I can't stand her. Of the remaining Girl Scouts left, I guess I'd have to pull for Beau. Don't like him, either, but I really can't stand Maggie, Ivette, and April.

I doubt they'll ever figure out that America hates them until after the show. If Tuesday's show didn't convince them of that, nothing will.

09-01-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
>Although Maggie is in James
>league as a "strategerist" she
>is pure evil.

When she is not on television, Maggie works as a nurse. Finding out that she is, in your opinion, pure evil will come as a surprise to the patients whose lives she saved and who received other benefits from her professional care.

09-01-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
That's pretty weak argument, Ron. Just because she's a nurse doesn't mean she's not evil.

Seriously, evil is a strong word and shouldn't be applied here. That's only applied by the nerds when talking about the Sovereign.

The biggest problem that America has, IMO, with the Girl Scouts is their incessant crying, whining, bitching and their holier-than-thou attitudes. They are as hypocritical a bunch as I've ever seen.

Now to discuss Jen for a moment. Jen was beyond stupid for knocking out Kaysar. It was good for their group, but it sure wasn't good for her. If she had done as the group had promised to do and voted out James, then she might have had a decent shot of going all the way. She would have been seen as more trustworthy and not had a target on her back. In reality, the Girl Scouts turned on Jen. When she brought each of them upstairs to ask who they wanted to get rid of, all but Beau said Kaysar. It was great for them, but they threw Jen under the bus in doing so.

That wasn't a very "nice" or "moral" thing to do to one of your fellow Girl Scouts.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
>>Although Maggie is in James
>>league as a "strategerist" she
>>is pure evil.
>
>When she is not on television,
>Maggie works as a nurse.
>Finding out that she is,
>in your opinion, pure evil
>will come as a surprise
>to the patients whose lives
>she saved and who received
>other benefits from her professional
>care.

Well, have you heard of the nurses that kill their patients?? Happens alot-maybe she is one of those. Do you know for a fact that she is not?? I don't know for a fact that she is. We are not talking sbout what she does outside the house-we are talking about her behavior inside the house.

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Yup- who cares if she's a nurse? The fact is, it pays well and that could be her motivation- along, perhaps, with enjoying the sight of blood. Crappy is a fireman, which is also considered a noble profession, yet you would be hard put to find a bigger ##### in any walk of life. The fact is, the Sith are simply unlikeable people. You can try to put your finger on it and give specific example of their behavior, and yet, when they do something it comes across as annoyng or despicable; when the Jedi do the same thing, it's funny or endearing. Who knows why? We only know it's true since the division is clear and the numbers are staggering in popularity polls and feedback. Creepy people are like porn: we can't define them, but we know them when we see them!!

09-01-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
The fact is, the Sith are simply unlikeable people. You can try to put your finger on it and give specific example of their behavior, and yet, when they do something it comes across as annoyng or despicable; when the Jedi do the same thing, it's funny or endearing. Who knows why?

I know why. Because the Sith are hypocrites, simple as that. Case in point:

Last night, in the HoH room Yapril and Haggie were......wait for it.....bashing on Janelle. They were calling her a liar and saying how selfish she was. They were saying this while they were finding quarters in the HoH room and promising each other not to tell anyone else (including their beloved Friendship). It's like they have short-term, selective memory with no sense of self-awareness. The Jedi aren't like that.

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-05, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
Well, I'm not arguing with you captain, their actions are creepy, but again, if Howie and Janelle hoarded quarters I would giggle and cheer them on. HOWEVER, they would probably not hide them from Rachel and Kaysar, and you have point- they would be very vocal in the DR about what they were up to; not trying to pretend it's what Jesus would do.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-01-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
>>When she is not on television, Maggie works as a nurse.<<

The most evil, manipulative, untrustworthy, backstabbing, judgemental waste of human flesh I've ever know in my life is a nurse.

Actually, a pediatric nurse.

Hmmm, a born-again-Christian, pediatric nurse.

09-02-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
>>>When she is not on television, Maggie works as a nurse.<<
>
>The most evil, manipulative, untrustworthy, backstabbing,
>judgemental waste of human flesh
>I've ever know in my
>life is a nurse.

Just make sure that you never get sick. Otherwise you might not only get to meet a nurse, you might have to depend on a nurse for your health care.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-02-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Maggie, May I?"
>>Just make sure that you never get sick.<<

You missed my point.
I don't hate nurses.

But being a nurse does not automatically make you a good person. Just as being a firefighter, a Christian, a police officer, a kindergarten teacher or a priest does NOT automatically make you a good person.

I know some lawyers & stockbrokers that are wonderful people.
Believe it....or not.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •