The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 5 Vidcaps Thread *NO SOURCES*"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-11, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 5 Vidcaps Thread *NO SOURCES*"
Talk about this weeks vidcaps below.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Post-Show Promo tribephyl 03-10-11 1
   RE: Post-Show Promo Flowerpower 03-10-11 2
       RE: Post-Show Promo Krautboy 03-10-11 3
           RE: Post-Show Promo Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 6
       RE: Post-Show Promo Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 5
   RE: Post-Show Promo Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 4
       RE: Post-Show Promo suzzee 03-15-11 31
   Chal Preview - 'Smoko' Blind Freddy 03-15-11 26
       RE: Chal Preview - 'Smoko' Flowerpower 03-15-11 28
 Web Promo tribephyl 03-11-11 7
   RE: Web Promo dabo 03-11-11 8
       RE: Web Promo kiki_k 03-11-11 9
           RE: Web Promo Outfrontgirl 03-11-11 10
   RE: Web Promo Flowerpower 03-11-11 11
 Vidcaps - PIP promo VolcanicGlass 03-13-11 12
   RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo Blind Freddy 03-13-11 13
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo Flowerpower 03-13-11 14
           RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo Krautboy 03-13-11 17
   RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo Flowerpower 03-13-11 15
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo michel 03-13-11 16
           RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo Toban 03-13-11 20
               RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo michel 03-13-11 21
           RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo SquidProQuo 03-13-11 23
       Double Crossing? Krautboy 03-13-11 19
           RE: Double Crossing? michel 03-13-11 22
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo SquidProQuo 03-13-11 24
   RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo Krautboy 03-13-11 18
 RE: Ep. 5 Vidcaps Thread *NO SOURCE... SquidProQuo 03-13-11 25
 E5 Chal Preview - 'Smoko' Blind Freddy 03-15-11 27
   RE: E5 Chal Preview - 'Smoko' Flowerpower 03-15-11 29
 en garde! dabo 03-15-11 30
 E5 PR pics Blind Freddy 03-15-11 32
   RE: E5 PR pics dabo 03-16-11 33
   Kristina wins Duel? Krautboy 03-16-11 34
       RE: Kristina wins Duel? Flowerpower 03-16-11 35
           RE: Kristina wins Duel? suzzee 03-16-11 36
           RE: Kristina wins Duel? Krautboy 03-16-11 37
               RE: Kristina wins Duel? Flowerpower 03-16-11 38
                   RE: Kristina wins Duel? Brownroach 03-16-11 39
                       RE: Kristina wins Duel? Outfrontgirl 03-16-11 40
                           RE: Kristina wins Duel? Karchita 03-16-11 41
                               RE: Kristina wins Duel? Outfrontgirl 03-16-11 42
                                   RE: Kristina wins Duel? Karchita 03-17-11 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-10-11, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Post-Show Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-11 AT 02:23 AM (EST)

Thank you sooo much SF!

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Rob: You got your underwear on?

Phillip: I have my underwear on.

Probst: ...shifting alliances creates strange bedfellows.

Rob: Phillip is bugging everyone. So maybe he needs to stay.

Probst: And at Zapatera, Russell taught his girls well.

Stephanie: We're ready to cause some havoc and chaos.

Probst: So tribe unity crumbles

Sarita: David, it's stressful...

David: Don't freak out!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-11, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Post-Show Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-11 AT 08:30 AM (EST)

Phillip and his antics again, another boot decoy, more misdirection? He's snuggling up to his protector, the Robfadda.

Meanwhile, over on Zap, we see the girls, who are far on the periphery as far as hierarchy goes. Last episode we heard Rooster and Mike tell us they were next to go. So, RussHell has taught them well, they will pick up where RussHell left off....now that they know that Rooster has the HII. There, in their conference room, the beach, are the Zap 6, looking stressed, and camp Unity crumbling. Seems to me that they may just be going to TC this week. Sarita, the leader as proclaimed by RussHell, is telling "David, it's stressful", and he snaps back, "Don't freak out"!

OFG candidates:

Phillip, Stephanie, Krista, David, Sarita, Rooster, Steve.

Note bandage on Mike's left pinky finger.

Kristina tells us that she wasn't blindsided. That her only plan now is to rock-it, and that's just what she will do....

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-10-11, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Post-Show Promo"
Probst: And at Zapatera, Russell taught his girls well.

Stephanie: We're ready to cause some havoc and chaos.

Probst: So tribe unity crumbles

Sarita: David, it's stressful...

David: Don't freak out!

The Zapatera 6 are shown on the beach (Steve out of the frame, off to the side), apparently discussing whatever Stephanie and Christa were doing to try and create havoc and chaos.

Since Sarita is the one stressed and "freaking out", Steph and Crista probably told her something to make her feel that way. Sarita appears to be confronting Steve and David about it.

My guess is that since the Zap 6 women are outnumbered 4-2, Stephanie probably tells Sarita that she is being targeted by the men. Sarita finds it stressful being told that she may be voted out next and freaks out, while David tries to keep her calm.

Sarita wouldn't have any reason to be that stressed out unless Zapatera was going to TC.

In the end, this is probably all misdirection...and order is restored when Stephanie gets voted to Redemption Island.

Krautboy

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-11, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Post-Show Promo"
Perfect. Krautboy logic nails it again, IMHO.

>>> In the end, this is probably all misdirection...and order is restored when Stephanie gets voted to Redemption Island.

I love the way you put this. I don't know if you ever studied Shakespeare, but that's such classic Shakespearean drama.

1) The order of things is disturbed.
2) A lot of stuff happens.
3) Order is restored.

In a comedy, by marriage.
In a tragedy, by death.
In a history play, by the triumph of one faction or dynasty over the other.

Stephanie seems determined to play the part of the Fury Alecto. If she is not banished, Zapatera will crumble. There is always a chance that could happen, but so far we have no hype about anything shocking going down.

03-10-11, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Post-Show Promo"
Yes, great reading of the situation.
Q: Do the girls know about Rooster's idol? I thought he only showed the Zap 6. I thought they were going to let the girls futilely keep searching?

We know from the clues who is going to TC.
Rob is hiding clues. Only Rob could have more than one clue. Therefore Ometepe won reward, meaning they won the challenge. Philip is safe this week.

03-10-11, 06:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Post-Show Promo"
I'm thinking the story structure goes something like:
Opening
Kristina and Matt at night.
Ometepe at night. Possible Rob and Philip underwear question scene.

Zapatera -- unhappy duo starts to plant seeds of chaos, does something to make Sarita worried.

Ometepe -- people hate Philip, Rob sees a goat.

DUEL
Matt probably wins.
Two Zapateras try to worm their way into graces of Ometepe. Ometepe is down in numbers and needs to woo them. Because it would be so dumb of Zapatera to send Stephanie and Krista, I think one of them goes with either Sarita or Julie (the two women of the Zap 6, who may feel insecure).

Camps -- Duel reporting and tree mail.

Challenge -- Ometepe wins. (Perhaps a balance beam exposition. :p )

Ometepe reward
Rob makes sure to get second clue. Drama of Rob withholding clues. This is a dangerous game, because at least some of his tribe knows there should be clues, and they'll lose a lot of trust in Rob if they catch him doing this.

Zapatera scrambling, decoy is that Zapatera will crumble and, just a guess, but the women may take aim at one of the strong men, and David COULD be the possible fourth. Steve / Mike/ Rooster are united.

TC

Most likely Stephanie takes the walk in her ruffly skirt.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-11, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Post-Show Promo"
Rob makes sure to get second clue. Drama of Rob withholding clues. This is a dangerous game, because at least some of his tribe knows there should be clues, and they'll lose a lot of trust in Rob if they catch him doing this.

Rob is aware of this and show's everyone the first clue he found, keeping second clue to himself.

A Tribe masterpiece

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-15-11, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Chal Preview - 'Smoko'"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-11 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

Edit to delete post and move to bottom of thread where it belongs. Sorry for my shortcomings w/this threaded format....I *used* to know this back from the Dogstalker days...when you tire of me, be gentle

03-15-11, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Chal Preview - 'Smoko'"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-11 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

Edited to follow Freddy...

03-11-11, 01:01 AM (EST)
7. "Web Promo"

Transcript:

Announcer: In one of the most shocking defeats ever...

Russell : I respect this game too much to go out this way.

Announcer: Redemption Island sends Russell home. Now his two allies...

Julie : Stephanie and Krista, they're just pawns in this big game.

Announcer: ...are own their own.

Stephanie : Hopefully they can see that I'm a good competitor.

Announcer: And, just when you thought Rob was king of the island...

Rob : You gotta hustle if you want to make a dollar.

Announcer: ...look who's about to make a move.

Phillip : Rob is a dictator and I'm waiting to replace the game.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-11, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Web Promo"
Phillip adopts takeover strategy? Rob should be vulnerable if Ometepe loses again, even holding the HII doesn't mean he can keep in control. But if they win Phil can only wait, maybe try to lay the groundwork for an eventual takeover (can't do it alone).

Rob probably keeps the HII a secret from everyone, and this is more premature (pre challenge) Philtalk.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-11-11, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Web Promo"
I agree it appears to be premature talk from Phillip and I don't care how dictorial Rob is, I can't see any of the others teaming up with Phillip to take Rob out. Rob said something on last night's episode to the effect that the dislike of Phillip by the rest of the tribe was palpable. Of course, Survivor makes strange bedfellows, but I just can't see it happening at least not pre-merge.

03-11-11, 01:57 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Web Promo"
Yeah, Philip is delusional. The girls and Grant cannot bear to be around him. Oh wait, that's everyone left who could help him take over. Not going to happen.

03-11-11, 07:53 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-11 AT 07:55 AM (EST)

Thanks so much for posting. One thing that this promo gave us, I think, is an answer to a clue....I will also post in the misdirection thread...

Two unlikely castaways unite over their shared frustration with their tribe members while another castaway hides clues to keep their tribe from searching for the idol,

I was thinking earlier that the wording of this clue makes it sound as if both of these hints are referring to the same tribe. Two unlikely castaways unite over their shared frustration with their tribe members. Since we know that Phillip thinks Rob is a dictator, might he share his feelings with Andrea, who most likely shares them...Phillip also knows that according to Rob, Andrea is not in the top 5...

Then the rest of the clue...while another castaway hides clues to keep their tribe from searching for the idol. As, most suspect, this has to be Robfadda.

ETA: I agree that even though the feelings of frustration may be shared, nothing will come of it...misdirection.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-11, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Vidcaps - PIP promo"
Ometepe Camp

Zapatera Camp

Challenge

03-13-11, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
Thanks VG!

Looks like 1 caller +5 blindfolded from each tribe
Note: the orange bag that Grant brings to stand by Rob(?). Maybe puzzle pieces?

Trying to pick out the players...

Omes:
Caller - Rob (on stand)
Blindfolded - Ashley, Andrea, Natalie, Phillip, Grant

Zaps:
Caller - Steve
Blindfolded - Ralph, Sarita, Mike, Dave, Steph(?)
Sitout - Krista, Julie

Corrections anyone?

03-13-11, 08:07 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-11 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

Thanks for posting, VG!

And, Freddy, well done! I agree with you. Most likely the caller guides them through the maze to collect bags of puzzle pieces. I think that the last one on the Zap tribe may be Krista because of her hair....it looks blonde to me at the top of her blindfold? But, it really is hard to tell.

The Zaps most likely have Steve to guide them....David doesn't feel he has a strong enough voice? This is weird, that David wouldn't do the voice calling and the puzzle...also, Grant leading them, putting Phillip in the back is also wise placement, imo.

ETA: I also wanted to comment on all of the PIP pictures this week....pretty interesting! First we have Rob who is watching his back! What a poignant picture! As the preview promo told us, Phillip thinks he's a dictator. Then, we have the Zap tribe. First Julie giving Rooster, her hero, a big kiss....he told her he had it under control, and he does....probably caught some fish with the net. Then, there are pictures of the harem girls, followed by a picture of David. For me, somehow I think the girls and David will hatch a plan, or maybe the girls will execute their plan via David....I don't know, but somehow David is going to plot to switch things up....he sees where he's positioned on the totem pole, and it's probably closer to the harem girls than it is to Rooster, Steve, Mike, and Julie. Food for thought.

Very interesting to note the picture of the Zaps entering the Challenge are just of the Zap 6. I can't help but to wonder if our boot is in this picture? Then, note the order the Zaps are in, in the challenge. Steve is elected to call/puzzle solve, Rooster leads. Rooster leads in order Sarita, Mike, David, and finally Krista. Look at where David is located, right next to Krista. I think maybe David could be reading some writing on the wall? Just red flags going up here. Does anyone else feel like David may be getting ready to make a move?

We can also note the position that the Ometepe's are in...Rob calling, Grant leading, Ashley, Andrea, Natalie, and in the tail end, Phillip. Telling for Phillip maybe.

03-13-11, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
Thanks for the great Vidcaps VG.

BF laid out challenge nicely for us. I agree with FloPO that the last person blindfolded on the Zap team is Krista rather than Steph. I think we can see blond hair sticking out of the top of her blindfold.

Excellent observations FloPO. I agree that David will somehow have a bigger part in this weeks episode. Last week we saw the body language indicating he has a weaker connection to the Zap 6 than others. He also showed empathy towards Steph and Krista when everyone else was dancing on Russells grave.

This week David is shown telling Sarita not to freak out when she explains that the situation has become stressful for her.

Does Sarita accuse David of flipping over to Steph and Krista?

I think David is smart enough to know that a flip now is premature and would mark him as the next to go after the girls.

Steph and Krista, however, have nothing to lose by spreading that rumor in order to create "havoc and Chaos" and David may find himself guilty until proven innocent.

Krautboy

03-13-11, 09:33 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-11 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

Here is the PIP sports promo on you tube.

The transcript that is read by the sports announcer:

Don't forget, on Wednesday, double crossing strikes on a new Survivor, only on CBS.

Interesting that the picture of David goes up in flames...

And, the words of this promo, "double crossing will be going on"....we are misdirected to think that Rob will be double crossed by Phillip, but clearly for me, someone over at Zap will be double crossed....will David team up with the girls to double cross Rooster or Steve or Julie, or will David be the one that is double crossed. Or, will David double cross the harem girls in the end?

Hey Blind Freddy...I'm getting better at the vidcap thing!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-11, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-11 AT 11:04 AM (EST)

David has received some very negative comments, most notably that he was the one throwing the challenge. I don't think this will end well for David and we haven't seen any build-up that he could emerge on the right side of a double-cross. Most likely, he tries to switch things up, loses the trust of the Zap5 and is the one booted.

ETS: Anyone notice we have nothing from RI? Matt winning seems not even a question.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-13-11, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
My take on David has been the opposite of yours, Michel. Two things stood out that gave David a positive spin for me:

1. He (along with Julie) questioned the wisdom of throwing the challenge to oust Russell.

2. In a confessional, he expressed reservations about the rest of the Zap6 gloating to Krista and Steph about Russell's RI loss.

I think the only one who singled out David as throwing the challenge was Russell but we, the viewers, knew that David was only reluctantly drafted into the plan. Regardless, I see him as an interesting player.

03-13-11, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
Russell wasn't the only one to point out David: Jeff did both in his recaps and at Tribal Council.

David's confessionals do give him a positive spin but that would make him a Victim of the Zap5, the ones we shouldn't like because they didn't respect the game.

I don't see how anyone could reverse the numbers so it almost has to be one of the harem girls (boring but possible) or the one person that tries to change things up ends up paying for it. David seems the one most likely by the promos and the editing. Sarita could be worried after being named leader but I think that would incite her to hide, not make a bold move.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-13-11, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
Anyone notice we have nothing from RI?

Yep, it must be lame. You would think they'd really be hyping Matt after last week. Or as Sarita calls him, "Boy Wonder."

03-13-11, 03:08 PM (EST)
19. "Double Crossing?"
Double-crossing is betraying an ally or a breaking a previous agreement. FloPo has laid out the possible scenarios for us.

Some agreement must be made in an effort to create chaos and havoc. If that agreement is later broken, that would be the double cross. Sarita may feel like she is about to be double crossed, but in the end David probably ends up double-crossing Stephanie.

Krautboy

03-13-11, 04:00 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Double Crossing?"
I don't think Stephanie leaves. Krista is more likely but maybe not even her.

03-13-11, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"
Yes, very interesting. And David is actually "striking" with an axe in the clip, to go along with the "double crossing strikes" words. He sure looks like a sad sack in all of the promo shots.

In some of Russell's post-game interviews he mentioned that his alliance talked about what to do if he gets voted out. So I'm sure he gave his concubines a few ideas on how to create dissension. I agree that they'll try to needle Sarita and get under her skin and perhaps tell her that someone in the Zap 6 almost flipped. Sarita is tight with Ralph, so I'm sure she's not going to be happy to see Julie hanging all over him. (And I do think I see a fish in his net in those vidcaps)

03-13-11, 01:14 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo"

I like the symbolism that FP suggests of Rob now looking over his shoulder.

This could be when Rob "outwits" the rest of his tribe, by substituting the first clue for the second, and sending them on a wild goose chase while he finds and then hides the second.

He appears to be checking to see if he's alone and can make his move...

Krautboy

03-13-11, 06:46 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep. 5 Vidcaps Thread *NO SOURCES*"

Just noticed, you can see 2 purple bags far off in the maze, on the other side. Hard to get the entire maze perspective, and of course this could only be the start of the challenge, but it sure looks like the Zaps aren't even close. And their conga line appears to be less organized than Rob's tribe.

So do we think the "caller" does the puzzle? If so, makes sense for Rob to be the one for Ome...but why not David for Zaps? Or does the entire tribe do the puzzle after they get all the bags?

03-15-11, 01:33 PM (EST)
27. "E5 Chal Preview - 'Smoko'"
E5 Challenge Preview is up.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=gYxV_TlNyhbz4V9sf6iRMF4MAxb_Yt96

Here's the VO text for the video. As often is the case it appears that SEG changed the chal a bit before the actual shoot. The rehearsal sends each of 5 Dreamers out to retrieve a bag of coffee and bring back to shelf. Then each individual member returns and 'tags off' for the next to go.

A 'Text Over' at the end of the video says they added a puzzle element to the chal. Obviously from the prom caps, SEG also changed it from individual to a group retrieval...and likely switched out the coffee for puzzle pieces. Not sure what the Reward would be now tho...maybe a 'coffee bar' or something.

Screencaps up at SurvivorFever here: http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s22_ep5_ic.html
Thank you MayanSun at SurvivorFever for the Screencaps!

S22E5 Chal Preview video VO/Text Over
---------------------
Text Over: 'An Early look at this week's Survivor Challenge'

Text Over: 'John Kirhoffer, Challenge Producer'

John Kirhoffer: This 'Behind the scenes of Challenges' where we are doing 'Smoko'.

Text Over: 'Smoko'

John Kirhoffer: It is a challenge...blindfold challenge where tribes will race out to get bags of coffee. 'Smoko items' as we call them in Australia.

Jeff Probst: Just turn around shoot the sun...flip up there. That's how damn hot it is. It's been that way all day. And we got up at about 6:30 and it was this way and it's about 4:30 in the afternoon and it's still this way. And we're all a little delerious. That doesn't mean we're not going to have a good 'test block'.

John Kirhoffer: Your job Daimo, is to call them out one at a time. Figure out who's going to go first, second, third, fourth and fifth. First person goes out... Daimo standing next to Jeff who calls out "Go!"..."your left", "your right", "right...right", "left".

Text Over: 'Dream Team, Challenge Rehearsal Crew'

John Kirhoffer: Get your bag, and you take it over to that shelf. Once you set your item on that shelf, you gotta come back and then 'tag out'.

John Kirhoffer: First tribe to get all five items with five different blindfolded players, wins Immunity and 'Smoko' items.

Text Over: 'To add an even greater level of difficulty, we later enhanced this challenge to include an awesome puzzle!'
--------------------------------

-------------------------
Edit to move here(hopefully correct placement of post.
Ok guys, sorry for the placement of original post...i cannot figure out this threaded format for the life of me. I had hoped it would go to the bottom as a new reply to the header post...but <sigh>... Forgive me I'm a pathetic newbie.

03-15-11, 02:12 PM (EST)
29. "RE: E5 Chal Preview - 'Smoko'"
Thanks for posting, Blind Freddy! I think you replyed to post number one, instead of the header post. It's all good. We follow the latest post anyway! All efforts are always appreciated, you will get it!
So, the challenge looks like it could have been tweaked a little bit....in the demo they are going out one at a time to retrieve bags, where as in the vidcaps, we see them going out holding on to one another and moving as a unit. Either Jeff gives them the choice of doing it together or as singles, or they changed it to require that they go out as a group. Also, as you noted, they added a puzzle at the end of the challenge.

I wanted to add that we really don't know that Steve will be calling and solving the puzzle for the Zaps here. I think the shorts we see in the frame next to Rob's pants, could be Jiffy's. Steve only has the blue bathing trunks and jeans, I think? I could be wrong. I would still guess that he does the calling/solving though. If he doesn't than it would be Stephanie, I suppose she could do it as she has a big mouth...and she's pretty calm in challenges...

03-15-11, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "en garde!"
Not a single thing this week about the upcoming RI duel. All we know is they are re-doing challenges from previous Survivors because they already had those worked out. And the tease about spectator info-sharing, but that doesn't seem to indicate anything about who wins the duel.

03-15-11, 09:22 PM (EST)
32. "E5 PR pics"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-11 AT 09:24 PM (EST)

Here's the E5 PR pics from CBS....
Thanks to MayanSun at SurvivorFever
http://www.survivorfever.net/s22_press_images_ep5.html

The E5 RI chal is called 'Cube Crisis'
--------------------
Survivor: Redemption Island -- Jeff Probst on during the Redemption Island Duel, "Cube Crisis" during the fifth episode of Survivor: Redemption Island, Wednesday, March 16 (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
---------------------
JP at RI chal start

Kristina and Matt doing the 'cube crisis' chal

JP indicating a winner

------------------------

Additional RC/IC - 'Smoko' pics
A couple more pics of the RC/IC....

JP starting the RC/IC

Ometepe tribe in action at the RC/IC

This pic was tagged as being from the RC/IC....so it looks like Steph is the caller and it is Krista in the chal....and the male legs we thought were Steve's...are likely JP's legs.

JP signals the winning tribe

So the sitouts for RC/IC are Julie and Steve. I wonder why they sat Steve out(instead of ..Krista)?

------------------------
Other non-chal pics

Krista looking vulnerable at camp

Ometepe gals on the beach

JP at TC5

03-16-11, 01:32 AM (EST)
33. "RE: E5 PR pics"
Thank you! Kristina showed good logic skills in finding the HII without a clue, solving a block puzzle shouldn't be too hard for her.

03-16-11, 02:01 AM (EST)
34. "Kristina wins Duel?"
TDB over at Mess made the observation that Jeff is standing with the shady side of the Duel Arena behind him when he signals the winner. It appears that he is standing on Kristina's side when he raises his hands.

The question is, was he standing in the shade the whole challenge or did he move to Kristina's side as it appeared she was about to complete the puzzle?

I would guess that he would stand in neutral ground, between the two contestants, at the start of the challenge and move back and forth around them as the challenge progressed.

It appears that Kristina may win...

Krautboy

03-16-11, 09:38 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Kristina wins Duel?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-11 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

The question is, was he standing in the shade the whole challenge or did he move to Kristina's side as it appeared she was about to complete the puzzle?

I would guess that he would stand in neutral ground, between the two contestants, at the start of the challenge and move back and forth around them as the challenge progressed.

Okay, I am going to prove, I think, that Jiffy is in the same spot that he tends to stay in before and after the challenges. I might add that Blind Freddy has created a new monster here, teaching me how to get video captures...

Here is an overhead of the arena. It is set up for the duel, you can see the lit cauldron to throw the buff in at the top right of the path that the loser will leave on. The players will arrive at the steps that are located at the bottom of this picture, where the CBS eye is. The spectators will be seated on the right side of this overhead.

Please note that there is only one statue set in each 4 quadrants of the arena. Jeff tends to hover in the top right quadrant of the overhead. Here is a shot looking at the side where the spectators sit, and Jeff hovers on the left side there. Note this arena is set up for the ep 3 duel.

Here is Jeff at the beginning of a challenge, in that upper right side quadrant...

...see him in that quadrant again at the start, as we see the players arriving...

I went and watched Ep 3 and Ep 4 RI scenes...we'll start with ep 3...

Here is the START of Ep 3 challenge, note Jeff's position...he tends to stand at the same spot for the beginning of the challenges...( I apologize for the size of the vidcaps, but when I stopped the CBS episode, it shrinks it and stops it with that replay button on them, but for our purposes, I think we will be able to see...)

Here is the start of the Ep 4 RI duel, note it's the exact same spot...

Now, here he is at the BEGINNING of the challenge (ep 3), but this angle is a camera that is in front of him...note the background (right in front of the statue part)!

And, here is Jeff start the ep 4 duel...It is in the exact vicinity as the first challenge start...

Here he is at the only point in the challenge that he came to the middle of the arena, which was when Francesca was getting her second key off, at all other times, he was located walking on the side of the spectators, up and down, noting the progress...

For the ep 4 challenge, Jiffy stayed on the side of the spectators and walked along the first tier of the arena, at ALL times....even when Matt failed and RussHell had a go at it...

Here is when Matt wins....Jiffy is still on the same side as the spectators(you can see the feet of Steve and David), Matt wins and walks through the doors towards Jeff...

Now, the very back corner of the arena is where the lighted cauldron is that the loser drops their buff into, note they are gathered at this back corner, on the same side of the seated spectators, for the formal dismissal of the loser...

ep 4, when they walk up after Matt wins, Jeff is behind the "return" button:

Now, here he is at the start of the ep 5 challenge....same exact spot that he always starts the challenge in, the upper right quadrant of that overhead shot...

And, here he is declaring a winner...

After all of this, I came to the conclusion that Jeff is pretty much in the SAME area that he tends to start and finish the challenges in, that upper right quadrant on the overhead shot...."his area". Now that I am done here, I notice that it was all in vain, because if you look at the rock on the ledge at the left of Jiffy's raised elbow, that I tried to circle, but can't...

It is the exact same rock as is seen here, to Jiffy's right...

Jeff is in "his area", same spot....I think.

Also, wanted to note that he could and I think would declare a winner from either side in that same general area...."his area". I think the arena area is set up to film it from these angles...

ETA: I also wanted to comment on this picture:

You can see that they are going with the black and white theme again....also, the puzzles are set up more in the MIDDLE of the arena, you can see the steps that divide the quadrants in the background...refer to the overhead shot of the arena...

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-11, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Kristina wins Duel?"
Awesome!

They sure are hiding who observes this time.

A Tribe masterpiece

03-16-11, 03:31 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Kristina wins Duel?"
Wow! Amazing analysis!

OK, you convinced me that there is no vidcap evidence to indicate who wins the RI Duel...but the nature of the challenge is such that either could win, just depends on who gets luckier at the start of the challenge with the placement of there pieces.

The thing that cause me to think Kristina wins was the quiet disappearance of all the hype about Matt's journey and his playing for his God, good verses evil, etc. We have none of that this week, so Matt may just quietly leave the game this week.

Krautboy

03-16-11, 05:03 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Kristina wins Duel?"
You are right, there is nothing that hints at a winner, so we are left to rely on our deductive reasoning. Both are bright people...one a law student, mother, and the other a pre-med student.

The disappearance of Matt in the promos could indicate he goes, but, if there was an upset at RI, wouldn't it be hyped a bit? I don't know, I just think Matt's editing has some legs, as "they" like to say. Was all the hype for him to just take out RussHell? I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to see if he has some other meeting with Andrea, and Rob. I don't know?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-11, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Kristina wins Duel?"
Isn't Episode 5 where we are supposed to have decided how much we like the Redemption Island concept, or something to that effect according to Probst? (I looked around for the quote but I couldn't find it.)

I'm not sure what could affect our perception of RI this week, no matter which one wins the duel. Perhaps he meant by Week 5 and was referring to RussHole's having been the most recent casualty, in Week 4?

03-16-11, 06:33 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Kristina wins Duel?"
I really believe that Jiffy's comments meant nothing more than give it a little time. He has said wait until about Ep 6 and then he said Ep 5, so it cannot be about a specific episode. He is just saying, let the season get in a groove and see if you like the new structure with the twist.

I think we are wasting our energy speculating that his numbers are meaningful.

AMAZING analysis FloPo.
Just want to add that Jiffy goes on about the killer sun in the Sneak Peek. That makes it clear why he would stand in the shade. OK for duelists to fry in sun, but not the host.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-16-11, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Kristina wins Duel?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-11 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

Great analysis, FloPo and I absolutely agree that Jeff's spot is determined by filming considerations (ie. lighting and keeping all the camera and sound equipment out of view) and keeping Jeffy-baby chilling in the shade.

I'd also like to point out that the 'arena' is completely fake and probably just made of hypertufa. It is meant to look Mayan, but the Mayans never inhabited Nicaragua. The furthest south they lived was Copán, in northern Honduras and several hundred miles away.

Survivor Guatemala was filmed on the site of real Mayan ruins, but you may recall that there was some concern over protecting the site and controversy over using an anthropological site in that way. Of course, no controversy has arisen this season because it's all fake. I think the producers liked that look and wanted to make this season distict from the other season in Nicaragua, so they 'imported' the Mayan look even though it is completely inauthentic.

/rant

ETA: Here's a map of Mayan sites. Notice that Nicaragua isn't even on the map. http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/maya-map.htm

Yes, this has been bugging me since Episode 1.

03-16-11, 09:02 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Kristina wins Duel?"
totally agree, Karchita ...
The fact is they had nothing great in terms of cultural theme for Nicaragua. Conquistador theme was not interesting, so they went with Mayan for reasons you said. Maybe they should have done Sandinistas?

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-11, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Kristina wins Duel?"
lol! Or maybe a Managua street punk theme.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •