The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-11, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"

I have volunteered to do the SOTS because this season there seems to be a lack of volunteers to do it. I can't bear to let this institution on our boards die, so, here goes. Please, as Colleen noted, be nice, and play fair, and check out our guidelines while you are at it.

You may also want to check out the latest opinions and assessments at the following threads:

1. Veruca Salt's The Players, the Game, the Editing.
2. The Title and Misdirection Thread posted by Blind Freddy.
3. The Press and Post Game Interviews Thread posted by me, and Jeff Probst.com posted by FSUGuy.
4. The Confessionals Thread posted by dabo.
5. Double Boots and Triple Duels Thread posted by Krautboy
6. Phillip on TMZ posted by Travel_Queen.
7. The episode in retrospect Thread posted by me.
8. Winning Quotes posted by Scarlett O'Hara.
9. And, last but certainly not least, the Vidcap Thread posted by me.

This week, the episode title is:

Don't You Work for Me?

Last week the episode ended with RussHell taking his first walk of shame out of TC. Lucky for him, he has Redemption Island.

The Preview vidcaps showed us:

Phillip...

...who is SOOOOO annoying...

....but with the HII still in play...

Somebody in my alliance might flip...

Then the action goes to RI where Russell appears and the VO tells us it's time for him to put up or shut up...

The misdirection this week notes....IN AN EPIC DUEL, MATT AND RUSSELL FIGHT FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO STAY ALIVE IN THE GAME, ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND,"

"Don’t You Work For Me?" — Secrets are revealed on Redemption Island and the second duel reduces one castaway to tears when he is eliminated from the game for good.

Obviously, what happens on RI is not going to stay on RI because it's all about RI this week. Someone is out for good and reduced to tears....

The full Promo told us....

Phillip is one kooky castaway...(note he is in this shot with some mail of some kind...)

he's weird, he wears pink tighty-whiteys,he's gross...

...and Rob notes, you don't want your friends coming over and seeing that!

Then there is a picture of TC and we move to RussHell and Matt at RI...

Announcer: And if you're a castaway you don't want to go to Redemption Island.
Russell: I don't like it at all and I'm gonna make 'em suffer.
Announcer: But if you're a fan it's the only place to be Wednesday night.
Russell: This duel is going to be...

Announcer: Super-villain Russell fights for his life and what happens next...

With alot of help from Squid, who found the challenge in Gabon that will be modified for the RI duel, and Blind Freddy we noted that the good vs. evil theme was in play...

Matt was good, note the white symbol on his dominos...

While evil RussHell had dominos that were dressed in black...

Then we noted Matt's domino's falling...

...and finally, a picture at the end of the challenge...

Compare that picture to this...

...and we can clearly see that Matt must have won the challenge. His dominos fell in order, releasing the ball, that raises the flag, that proclaims him the RI KING....RussHell gets his hug and tearfully will throw his buff in the fire....sniff, sniff.

So, CBS is banking on this being the most dramatic event of the episode, so, what is so insignificant back in the game?

RussHell was voted out on Day 8, Day 9 were press images, Day 10 was the RI duel, then the RC/IC, then TC....

As far as boot candidates in the press images...

Phillip...

Andrea...

Stephanie...

...but, the only one of Kristina was this one....

Volcanic Glass posted shots of the challenge from the PIP promo, where we saw Grant grabbing a shovel and leaping over a chest....

Julie, who has her shovel, and is digging in a raised framed dirt pile...

...and all of the Zaps minus Krista and Rooster, one of which is performing their leg in the challenge... Steve is jumping, Julie is most likely catching her breath, Stephanie is screaming...

There were also shades of Boston Rob chopping wood...

...and later, we found out that Rooster was also chopping wood and his was almost completely chopped...

Looks like Krista is sitting out for the Zaps. This challenge is a relay with each player having to complete some kind of survivor skill. Julie and Grant will be competing together with the shovel and digging, while Rob and Rooster could be the final leg with chopping the wood. With no shots of Zaps at camp in any of the promos, can we conclude that all is well at Camp Zap sans RussHell? If they were to go to TC, there would be no surprises there as we know that big mouth Stephanie is low girl on the totem pole. So, it follows that the Ometepe's will be going once again to TC.

So many questions to answer this week...will Rob find the HII? Will Phillip drive them all nuts? If Phillip is the boot decoy, who is the boot? Well, with most of the drama on RI this week, it's probably not a SHOCKING boot. So, imo, Kristina. If she can't find that darn HII, she's toast.

Kristina...she was under the radar the last episode, and does appear sandwiched in the preview promo and was in the full promo in one frame.

The other option is: Andrea....she's on Rob's radar, she could get back with her island boyfriend, and she was seen in all of the promos...

These 2 sitings in the promos are dedicated to Blind Freddy who taught me how to make a video capture myself! Here are my first attempts. They have been cropped down to fit our 75Kb requirement. But, in this first pic she was there with Rob and the girls laughing and eating....

Then randomly seen in the shelter with Grant...

Andrea

RI Boot: Russell Hantz

I hope his 15 minutes of fame are finally over...and, may he leave QUIETLY!

*To see the promos that VG downloaded, go here.

Thanks!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... Woogie 03-07-11 1
 RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... dabo 03-07-11 2
 RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... Blind Freddy 03-07-11 3
 RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... Outfrontgirl 03-07-11 4
   RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... dabo 03-07-11 7
       RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... Outfrontgirl 03-08-11 9
           RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... PepeLePew13 03-08-11 11
               RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... Brownroach 03-08-11 14
   RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... PepeLePew13 03-08-11 10
 RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... Outfrontgirl 03-07-11 5
   RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... Flowerpower 03-08-11 8
 RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... Krautboy 03-07-11 6
 RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... Karchita 03-08-11 12
 RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... redbeard103152 03-08-11 13
 RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?",... CTgirl 03-08-11 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-11, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Great job with SOTS!!!

I'll be missing Russell when he's finally out(NOT!!)

And hope he doesn't come back to the game,never at all.

I was leaning towards Phillip boot when I first saw the preview from last week's episode and the title. But after all the previews and your well-sumed up SOTS I'm torn between Kristina and Andrea. Sending Andrea will be more fun to watch but Natalie and Ashley might be really against that idea which makes Rob think they might flip against him. Probably that's why he really gets voted out in the future.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-11, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Excellent! I've been scouring the vidcaps all week wondering what they were up to this time.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-07-11, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Nice summary FlowerPower.

I'm leaning toward Kristina as I think Rob still thinks he can woo Andrea back into the fold. And Andrea is being quiet about her real feelings. Whereas Kristina and Rob i]just had a tete-a-tete about how smart a player she is and knows what's going on.

Andrea may be angry...but in Rob's mind he might not think she knows what to do. Whereas Kristina has a proven track record of knowing what to do...target him! And that she found the HII w/o a clue certainly adds to her chances of finding it again. I'm thinking Rob will want to nip that talent in the bud.

But today's just Monday...more time to think and get input from the fine folks here.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-11, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
You are an angel, FlowerPower, for rescuing the SOTS.
(The one and only I did was a disaster)

Before reading your SOTS, I posted some lengthy "logic" in your vidcaps topic:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7615.shtml#68

I have come around to an Ometepe boot. Mike and Steve will out-shovel, and Ralph will out-chop -- making Ralph the MVP.

I think it is misdirection that Rob is worried about Natalie, Grant, or Ashley in the one of his alliance might flip sound byte. Philip and Andrea are both in his alliance, although not his core alliance. He needs them if he has to split the vote to be safe from a possible idol. I don't think Rob will find it. He was lost with that clue. He has never found an idol. Kristina uses a different approach, but Rob doesn't know what it is.

Point being, Rob can't control the boot if he has to split the vote, without absolute loyalty from both his fringe soldiers. Andrea in particular has got to worry him. If Philip gets recruited by Kristina, Rob could be toast. So ... he's got to work them.

He also has to delicately manage the fact that everyone other than Kristina is supposedly in his alliance, which means there is no ALT boot if she pulls out the idol. The alt has to be Andrea or Philip, and as Kristina very well could have an idol, who would like being the pawn there? No one, so Rob has to either make it Andrea and trust that no one will spill to her -- or he has to fool Philip the same way -- or he has to convince Philip to take a role in Operation Flush the Idol -- a dangerous assignment, but will our former secret agent feel it's all in a day's work for Robfaddah?

I think Andrea is a long term character. Thus she is safe or she beats Matt at RI (or Russell, but I think Matt). And beats a few others ... not so sure about that.

I think the boot is Kristina, because she does not find the HII, alt Philip.

Serendipity that the two targets are watching the duel?

Kristina failing to find the idol?
Another argument for Kristina is that she would make a perfect misdirection target for this episode, but they have kept her somewhat shadowed, probably hoping that fans will forget she had a marked life as of Episode 1. If Philip were going, would they not have reminded us that Kristina played her idol and is now a sitting duck?
Instead, they play up her chances to re-arm herself with a new HII.

"Sometimes it's not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don't mean." — Bob Dylan

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-11, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Hm... Who is Kristina's target? Rob probably expects it is himself. Perhaps he goes all in, or has his alliance go all in while he casts an off vote banking on winning a tie-breaker vote.

03-08-11, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
I think Kristina would target Rob, yes. Otherwise she is living from TC to TC.

The problem is that there could be three votes against Rob. Kristina, Andrea, and perhaps Philip.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-11, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Of course things can change, but I think it's just too soon for either Philip or Andrea to go against Rob with what we've been shown so far - Philip saying that Rob owns his vote and Andrea talking about how she needs to work with Rob despite her pissed feelings.

I'm just thinking that Andrea, in particular, doesn't want to tip off Rob so soon that she is willing to go against him in order to ensure her survival in the game - we know she's a 'superfan' of the show, so she's seen all of the good and bad moves over the years.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-11, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
I agree, Pepe. Neither Phillip nor Andrea would turn on Rob this week.

Kristina's best bet to divert attention away from herself this week is to try and get votes thrown at Phillip. The girls don't know that Rob made any promises to Phillip, and everyone thinks Phillip is crazy. I doubt she'd ultimately be successful, but it's worth a shot.

Great SOTS, FlowerPower!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-11, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-11 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

Great SOTS, FloPo! I like how you pulled everything together.

I will echo OFG here with my thinking that it's Kristina that is on the hot seat more than Special Agent Dry Mouth and Andrea for the following reasons:

- I think there's just been too much has been invested in the storyline of Andrea being tied in with Matt over on RI and her anger at Rob while at the same time recognizing the need to work with him for her to be booted this early, and we can see that she's a long-term player with the two storylines that still need to be fleshed out. Otherwise, I don't think they would have made much of a deal out of the Rob-Andrea chit-chat in the last episode tied in with her trip to view the RI duel -- it was such a Zapruder-centered episode that there wasn't much of a need to showcase these Omelete moments if Andrea was going to be history soon.

- Kristina hasn't been much of a factor on the show other than her discovering the HII and then having to use it in the 2nd tribal council. Her only relationships has been with Special Agent Dry Mouth and the booted Francheesa.

- Special Agent Dry Mouth has been given a role by Rob to play for the short term, and I think Rob is going to use him for a little bit at least to 'get intel'. It's just a nice storyline that I don't feel it's been played out in full yet.

- I see Natalie, Ashley and Grant as safe in the game (of course, most of us thought Matt was safe in Episode two, so take it with a grain of salt) along with the puppet master, Rob.

So that leaves me with what seems to me to be an easy choice amongst the Omeletes -- Kristina.

ETA: I think it's worth keeping in mind that it looks like there's a good bet that Matt is going to beat Russhole in the RI duel, so if this is the case, there likely would be extra camera time given to RI to prolong Russhole's agony and give CBS one last chance to milk the old cow before he's put out to pasture for good. So... there's going to be a little less time spent on the post-IC scrum as a result, and I think the editors are going to keep the boot story relatively simple ... and the simplest story at this point is that Kristina is without many friends and without a HII. Adios, Kristina.

(Then again, what the heck do I know? I'm out of spoiling shape so far this season... )

03-07-11, 11:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
PS. I totally forgot to say what a fine SOTS this is. My bad! This is a tough week, and I think the SOTS gave a very precise sense of the questions and possibilities. There are some weeks when the boot really shouldn't be put forth as a near-certainty, and what is needed is to summarize the
State of the Spoiling Uncertainties

so that people can make an informed wager ...

The reason I forgot to praise the SOTS is that you got my brain working, FP, and really I can pay a SOTS no higher compliment than to say I forgot all about reviewing the SOTS positively and was instead stimulated to add to the puzzle-solving effort.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-11, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
You are too kind, ofg! And you make a very sound argument for Kristina here...now go read my response to your note in the vidcap thread... I am always thrilled to hear all of your puzzle-solving ideas and welcome your efforts whole-heartedly!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-07-11, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Thanks FloPo! You're the Queen of the SOTS...working overtime to keep us all up to speed.

Your the best!

Krautboy

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-08-11, 03:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Great SOTS, but I am thinking it's got to be Andrea. Her story seems more complete to me than Kristina's.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-08-11, 05:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Flower Power You can work for us all the time. On a week where everything seems to be up in the air you have come up with a fantastic opinion of the way things might work out. It is great to see the fantastic spoilers here trying to figure out what might happen. After a few seasons of almost knowing everything that would be happening in a episode I am again looking forward to seeing if the master spoilers are on or off the mark for this week. Thanks again for all your hard work it is greatly appreciated.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-11, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", SOTS"
Thanks for taking up the slack FloPo in writing a SOTS. For a supposedly short and concise one, you really covered everything! Awesome job!! I too am leaning towards a Kristina boot, but your argument for Andrea is so convincing that I would not be at all surprised if the boot went that way.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •