The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-11, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'

Airing Wednesday March 9

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... Flowerpower 03-02-11 1
   RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... Krautboy 03-02-11 2
 Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS SquidProQuo 03-03-11 3
   RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Corvis 03-03-11 4
   RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Brownroach 03-03-11 5
       RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... SquidProQuo 03-03-11 6
           RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Brownroach 03-03-11 7
               RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... kiki_k 03-03-11 8
               RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... kingfish 03-03-11 12
                   RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Karchita 03-03-11 13
                   RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... kiki_k 03-03-11 18
                   RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... goldenmike4393 03-04-11 22
       RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Flowerpower 03-03-11 10
           RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... goldenmike4393 03-04-11 23
               RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Brownroach 03-04-11 24
                   RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... dabo 03-04-11 25
                   RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... vince3 03-04-11 26
                       RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Brownroach 03-04-11 27
       RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Belle Book 03-03-11 17
   RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Outfrontgirl 03-03-11 9
       RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... Karchita 03-03-11 14
           RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... SquidProQuo 03-03-11 15
   RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from C... dabo 03-04-11 21
 RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... CTgirl 03-03-11 11
   RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... SquidProQuo 03-03-11 16
       RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... Flowerpower 03-04-11 19
           RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... Outfrontgirl 03-05-11 28
 Transcript from Sneak Peek... Flowerpower 03-04-11 20
 RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... dabo 03-07-11 29
   RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... CTgirl 03-07-11 30
       RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... dabo 03-08-11 31
   RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... Flowerpower 03-08-11 32
       RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... dabo 03-08-11 33
           RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... Flowerpower 03-08-11 34
               RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... SquidProQuo 03-08-11 35
                   RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... Flowerpower 03-08-11 37
           RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... SquidProQuo 03-08-11 36
               RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work F... Brownroach 03-08-11 38
 What secrets are revealed? Flowerpower 03-09-11 39
   RE: What secrets are revealed? Blind Freddy 03-09-11 40
       RE: What secrets are revealed? Brownroach 03-09-11 41
       RE: What secrets are revealed? dabo 03-09-11 42
           RE: What secrets are revealed? SquidProQuo 03-09-11 43
               RE: What secrets are revealed? Flowerpower 03-09-11 44
                   RE: What secrets are revealed? Outfrontgirl 03-09-11 45
                       RE: What secrets are revealed? Flowerpower 03-09-11 47
                       RE: What secrets are revealed? SquidProQuo 03-09-11 48
       RE: What secrets are revealed? Scarlett O Hara 03-09-11 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-11, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
Thanks for posting, BF. This might help us with a boot choice this week. "Don't You Work for Me?" definitely is something that someone who thinks they are in control would say....the leader. Who thinks that they might be in control? Rob? RUSSHELL? Rooster? Hmmmm....

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-02-11, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
Since Phillip pledged his vote to Rob when he said "You own my vote", it could be Rob reminding Phillip that he promised to be subserviant.

Krautboy

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-03-11, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 04:25 PM (EST)

From CBS:

IN AN EPIC DUEL, MATT AND RUSSELL FIGHT FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO STAY ALIVE IN THE GAME, ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9

"Don’t You Work For Me?" — Secrets are revealed on Redemption Island and the second duel reduces one castaway to tears when he is eliminated from the game for good, on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND, Wednesday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

---------

OMG, would Russell actually cry? Matt seems more likely to cry, but then again, Russell almost cried at the Reunion Show when he didn't get the title of Sole Survivor.

Unfortunately these clues are all about RI -- other than the title, nothing to help us with this week's boot.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-03-11, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
No!

I can totally see Matt crying. I can't imagine Russell actually breaking down. Would he? Could he? Ack!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-11, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
Matt would not cry if he lost; it was obvious he would have been a good sport if Francesca had won. Russhole has to be the crybaby. He got voted out of his tribe FIRST -- unthinkable! --and now losing the duel seals his fate for good. How humiliating!

Any secrets revealed by Matt about Ometepe won't matter if Russhole ends up leaving, so I'm guessing Russhole gives Matt some helpful lowdown about what's going on at Zapatera.

03-03-11, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
Could go either way, but BR, I really hope you are right. I'm pretty sure Matt said he was an athlete and played sports, so can't imagine him crying over 1 duel unless somehow Andrea comes into play...and like you mentioned, Russell will be so humiliated if he loses. Plus he was practically in tears at the Reunion Show.

Re the secrets: Will be interesting if inside info is shared that will help one tribe or one player if they come back. I must say I'm liking RI so far!

03-03-11, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
I like RI too, there are a number of ways you could potentially incorporate it into your strategy-planning. Also I like that we get to see the early boots for a little bit longer than usual.

Don't forget that not only was Russell voted out *first* from his tribe, his tribe threw the challenge just so they could get rid of him. And Russell knows they did, and his counterplan didn't work, so they outsmarted him.

That's a far cry from how he fared the first two times he played. Of course the poor dear would be stunned and upset to be leaving FOR GOOD so soon.

I just don't see Matt getting all teary about going out. He took the TC vote in stride and he seems able to process the game.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-03-11, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
I like your logic BR & I'm thinking the same. Russell has proven himself to be the king of sore losers so I can totally see him crying at the "unfairness of it all." Really, how can they do this to the GREATEST PLAYA EVAH!!! LOL However, one thing does cut against that, from my perspective, and that is that Matt is young, so even though he seems like a good kid who took his boot in stride, the frustration (along with his age) might lead to tears if he is ousted.

But I don't really believe that will happen -- with the edit so far I will be very, very surprised if Matt doesn't come back in the game to hook up with Andrea & take Rob out (not that Matt will win neccessarily, but I'm thinking that the edit is making that scenario an almost certainity). Therefore, it has to be Russell, the crybaby, going home.

Also, Sandra Diaz-Twine's tweets to the effect that "after next episode we'll really be able to celebrate" bolsters my belief that Matt takes out Russell.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-11, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
If Russell does get the boot from Redempt. Island, I will be curious to see how he spins it at the final winner's reveal show to explain how he really was the smartest Survivor, and really won in spite of his second to last seat.

And you know, if anybody can do it, Russell can.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-03-11, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
After he dries his tears, I bet he says it's because they were so afraid of him.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-03-11, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
If Russell does get booted next week, I fully expect Jeff to ignore him at the reunion like he does to all 2nd boots.

Who am I kidding -- Jeff will probably let Russell host the danged reunion.

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-04-11, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
But, first, doesn't RussHELL need to prepare for his EXIT interviews?

03-03-11, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
I suppose the misdirection clues being all about RI is a last hoorah for RussHell. I am with Brownroach all the way. He's nailed it. RussHole will cry on his defeat. Matt is a good sport, I highly doubt he'd be reduced to tears. RussHole knows this is his third strike. I also agree that RussHole will be spilling Zapatera secrets galore...if he has any.

I think that the editing points to a Matt/Andrea reunion of some kind...

Really bummed that there is no clue to the boot this week...

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-04-11, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
How many "secrets", or "spoilers" for that matter, can you provide when you're BOOTED OUT so early?

03-04-11, 02:18 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
Russell knows who's aligned with whom on Zapatera, for starters. That could be useful information down the pike.

He could also provide insight into people's personalities, potential trustworthiness, etc. Assuming he noticed anything about anyone else.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-11, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
That's assuming he's allowed to go on tour. If he does you can bet he'll have as many handlers on him as Hannibal Lecter.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-11, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
Plus, he probably pestered as much info as he could out of all of his fellow Loser Lodge guests... (up to the Jury phase, that is...)

03-04-11, 03:47 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
I was talking about the information Russell might provide Matt while they're on RI.

What spoilers he divulges to the general public in the wake of his exit, we shall see...

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-03-11, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
I agree, partly because I really hope this is the last time we get to see the Troll! Matt beats the Troll, and I get to sing Hallelujah and watch the YouTube shot of Matt winning over and over again!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-11, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 06:39 PM (EST)

The spoilers this season have been crap -- probably junk planted by CBS -- but FWIW (maybe nothing), there was one that Russell cries when he leaves. Last night I was thinking, there goes another one down in flames,

This teaser Keeps Hope Alive for me.

ETA - I just went through BW's list and it's not one of his. I'm glad of that, because his have really not panned out to date.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-03-11, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
Maybe CBS planted the true one about Russell crying. They haven't exactly given him a great edit, and they have plenty of reason to be annoyed with him.

03-03-11, 10:15 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
Yep, I think his horrible edit is payback for being the leak!

03-04-11, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Here are the Ep. 4 clues from CBS"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-11 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

Honestly, I could see either one of them tearing up a bit at losing, and CBS/SEG making a mountain out of a molehill. But...

... when he is eliminated from the game for good

... could be them getting cute about it and IDing the loser (or winner rather). Good v Evil is the narrative on RI for the moment. Does the Christian defeat the Troll? Does he face the Lion next week?

Cute as hell.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-11, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
If we assume that this title is Rob talking to Phillip, this will be the 3rd time in 4 weeks that Phillip's actions are highlighted in the title of the episode!

03-03-11, 10:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
And Phillip's featured prominently in the new promo too, complete with goofy Adams Family music. They sure are milking his character for all it's worth.

We can see from this new promo that Phillip is 1 of the observers at the RI duel, so the title makes even more sense now -- i.e. Rob probably "preps "Phillip on what to do and how to be his spy as the duel. Also, Phillip has a confessional where he says something about "getting intel."

Here's the link: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=skY0pfdA5Hy0o6hvkX5AccX3qeVTCbnK

03-04-11, 09:30 AM (EST)
19. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
Yes, the music, the "intel", the title, all fit nicely with a Boston Rob "reconnaissance mission" for Special Agent (?) Phillip. I think Phillip is also the misdirection this week...

03-05-11, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
Phillip is the new Coach for JP, so I expect him to be featured a lot if for no other reason than Jeff thinks he is ratings gold.

03-04-11, 09:45 AM (EST)
20. "Transcript from Sneak Peek..."
Transcript as posted by Survivor Fever for Sneak peek promo....

Russell: This duel is going to be man on man, a good versus evil type thing. I like Matt, he's a good guy. If this was the real world, I'd be rooting for Matt. But it's not. This is Survivor.

Matt: Russell Hantz is definitely the biggest villain in Survivor history, hands down. But I'm fighting to honor my God. Because I want it so deeply and so truly, I think I'm going to come out on top.

03-07-11, 11:37 PM (EST)
29. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
Where is the boot story? Is it all in Don't You Work For Me? Is Rob losing control at Ometepe?

With Russell gone Rob's experience becomes a plus rather than an equallizer, but they may be getting wary of his leadership.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-11, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
I think they've forgone some of the boot story this week to play up Russell's (hopefully) departure. It's also time for a hidden boot so that works out nicely for CBS!

03-08-11, 00:08 AM (EST)
31. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
You may be right. But Rob wins the RvR rivalry the moment Russell is eliminated from the game, which they seem to have handed us on a golden platter this week, Ometepe needs to go on a winning streak.

03-08-11, 09:00 AM (EST)
32. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-11 AT 09:26 AM (EST)

Thanks for bringing boot discussion to this thread, dabo! You are right, we got absolutely zip on boot discussion from the misdirection clues. The only one that could have uttered the title, imo, is Robfadda himself. I think Rob will feel insecure when he is told that RussHell was the first boot out of Zap. I agree with I think OFG that Rob could be questioned by someone in his alliance when he directs the boot strategy.

Let's talk about the thing that could really dictate events...the HII. CBS could really pull out a surprise...someone could find the HII and they may be hiding it. Clearly, CBS is getting alot craftier, finally, after 21 seasons.... Rob's clue was so vague, I don't know if he'll find it. But, he has the clue and so that puts him with the best chance of finding it. We have this shot...

Everyone hanging out, except Rob. Who could be secretly searching for the idol.

OTOH, this video pretty much sums up Kristina's vantage point. PERIOD. Note how close Andrea is sticking to Rob, being sweet, very easy to get along with. Working her way back in. I just don't get the read on Andrea as much as I get on Kristina. Perhaps this is why I think Andrea would be the more dangerous of the two. But, she's young, it's possible that they could mend some fences...don't know. Back to Kristina...clearly, she's playing as hard as she can, and she IS gunning for Rob...As, I've said before, her entire story is wrapped up in the idol. Without it, she's toast. But, suppose she does find it. Sure, they could flush it, and Andrea or Phillip could be the secondary target. Judging from the video of Kristina, it sure looks as if anyone will find it, she will. Or, she could try and fake them out that she has it, forcing then to have to split the vote, 3/3. Perhaps Rob will instruct Andrea and Phillip to vote for Kristina, then of the 4 in his core alliance, he'll instruct one to vote for Kristina, and the rest of them will vote for the secondary target, which I think Rob would favor Phillip (to keep) over Andrea, so most likely Andrea would be the secondary boot choice?

So, if Kristina finds the idol, I think Andrea would most likely be booted, and if she doesn't find it, Kristina will be toast. The problem will come later if Kristina is booted....Andrea will know just where she stands in the group....way out in the periphery.

So here are the possible outcomes, one of which is EASY...

1. It's easy if someone other than Kristina finds the idol....in order for this to be an easy vote, someone must tell someone that they have the idol. If Rob finds it, and he directs the vote totally for Kristina, then someone could suspect that he has the idol. Boot=Kristina. All votes for Kristina, everyone is happy....easiest scenario, least conflict

2. Kristina pretends that she has the idol. Rob splits vote, Kristina gone, Andrea secondary boot target, exposed as being way low on the totem pole. Or, Phillip is secondary target....I lean to Andrea because Rob owns Phillip's vote.

3. Kristina has the idol. Rob splits vote, Andrea gone....

4. Kristina has the idol. Rob splits vote, Phillip gone.

ETA: Easiest scenario, least drama = Stephanie boot...

03-08-11, 09:38 AM (EST)
33. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
Phil hunts. Phil spies. Phil finds HII?

Would they think to keep an eye on Kristina hunting for the HII? They should. But for challenge shots the theme seems to be lethargy at Ometepe, Phil is the only one we see doing much.

03-08-11, 10:11 AM (EST)
34. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-11 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

Now that would make it easy...Phillip finds the idol, they all vote Kristina...

Dalton Ross Tweeted this last night~8pm if he's in LA, or at 11 pm if he's in NY...

Big news, Survivor lovers: Get ready for the return of "Wanna know what you're playing for?" on Wednesday. I wrote it's epitaph too soon!

Now what could he mean by this? Especially about the writing it's epitaph too soon?

ETA: I know I am really going way off on tangents here, but if you apply, "Wanna know what you're playing for?" to this weeks challenge. Perhaps it's an auction of some kind where 1 player from each tribe has to do a competition to win whatever is in the crate next to them...In the end, the team that has won the most individual events wins the IC as well...? We see Julie will be vs Grant, Rooster will be vs. Rob...food for thought?

03-08-11, 10:35 AM (EST)
35. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
Now what could he mean by this? Especially about the writing its epitaph too soon?

FloPo, Dalton is referring to his EW blog last week, where he lamented that Jeff doesn't get to say the line "Wanna now what you're playing for?" anymore because the RI duels suck up time that used to be used for RCs.

So I take this to mean either: a) there's an RC this week (unlikely given that CBS will want to give the RI duel with Russell maximum time), or b) Jeff told Dalton based on popular demand, he's going to be sure to say the line this week, maybe in the combined reward/immunity challenge. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Off the wall idea, but I suppose the RI duel could also involve a reward for their respective tribes when there are players from each of the teams -- i.e. the winner of the duel gets to send back a reward with the spectators or something like that. Might be a way to stay in your tribe's good graces. I had also spec'd in another thread that it would be interesting if the spectators got an HII clue or something. That could explain Philip with the parchment.

Here are Dalton's original words on this topic:

"Before we get to the challenge, I'd like to pause for the cause and say a few words for the untimely demise of what had become a Survivor institution. With the introduction of the Redemption Island duel, we are no longer being treated to reward-only challenges. Instead, we are getting immunity/reward combos. I have no problem with that per se, but in losing the reward challenges, we have also lost one of our classic Probstisms. You know it. You love it. And if you're like me, you already miss it. Say it with me out loud, people: "Wanna know what you're playing for?" Granted, it wasn't the catchiest of catchphrases. And it was always a loaded question anyway because of course they want to know what they're playing for! Why are you even asking? But for some reason I always looked forward to it."

03-08-11, 10:41 AM (EST)
37. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"

Thanks, Squid. I searched for Dalton's EW blog last week and was not able to find it...I'm with you...option "b".

03-08-11, 10:39 AM (EST)
36. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
P.S. Dabo, I had spec'd in another thread that it could be possible that the RI duel spectators are given an HII clue this week. That could explain how Philip would have a parchment, because I can't imagine in a million years that Rob would ever trust giving Philip the 1st clue.

Then again, Rob has said that he doesn't want to share the HII clue with his alliance (Grant/Ashley/Natalie). But if he can't find it for himself, maybe he would pull in the crazy FBI guy! It would be totally hilarious if he found it, and would play off the story set up last week where he was literally sitting on the clue.

03-08-11, 12:50 PM (EST)
38. "RE: S22 E4 Title: 'Don't You Work For Me?'"
I can see Rob enlisting Phillip to look for the HII. The clue is so vague, it's as good as having no clue at all, so why not get some help? It would further solidify Rob's control over Phillip.

03-09-11, 03:51 PM (EST)
39. "What secrets are revealed?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-11 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

IN AN EPIC DUEL, MATT AND RUSSELL FIGHT FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO STAY ALIVE IN THE GAME, ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9

"Don’t You Work For Me?" — Secrets are revealed on Redemption Island and the second duel reduces one castaway to tears when he is eliminated from the game for good, on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND, Wednesday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

One thing that we haven't even pondered is what secrets are going to be revealed on RI?

It sounds like RussHell will be the one revealing things to Matt, perhaps....OR, will RussHell reveal secrets to Phillip and Kristina, who are there watching? If so, what will he reveal...what could he reveal?

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-09-11, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: What secrets are revealed?"
In a new article at RealityNewsOnline (3/9/11) author Davie Bloomberg writes:
Note: it seems by the article read that either David Bloomberg was present at the RI filming or has seen a preview of the episode.
-----------------------
"Russell is at Redemption Island. He will battle Matt for the right to stay there and, hopefully, return to the game to exact his revenge. Obviously, I can’t tell you who wins the duel, but I can tell you that it definitely is a nail-biter. Adding to the drama is the fact that two of Russell’s own tribemates are there, rooting against him! But while they are so focused on him, are they paying attention to their own actions? Or will the former federal agent sitting across the arena be able to get some good intel out of them using his wily undercover secret methods? Or, you know, just because they aren’t too bright… You’ve seen the promos suggesting that secrets will be revealed. What secrets? That would be telling – but I can at least say this much: The promos don’t lie."
-------------------------

So it looks like Ralph and Sarita blab about Zapatera and Phillip brings back the Intell to spy chief Rob. As to what those blabs consist of...

- Maybe just that Steph was with Russ and is now on the outs. That would give Rob an 'in' come Merge/Swap time when he looks for a flip. But then Steph would have to make Merge/Swap to make that a possibility. Long shot I'm sure he'll realize.

- Perhaps if Rob knows that Stpeh will likely be the next Zap votee to RI then Rob might know that Matt could be on a winning streak here....time to take action ie send Andrea to RI to insure one of them gets booted from S22

Other ideas guys?

03-09-11, 05:17 PM (EST)
41. "RE: What secrets are revealed?"
Ralph should let slip that RussHell found the HII clue and maybe even the HII itself -- that would be sneaky. Though the article implies that the Zaps at RI behave stupidly so it likely isn't that.

03-09-11, 05:38 PM (EST)
42. "RE: What secrets are revealed?"
Zaps could let on they threw the challenge in order to boot Russell, a demoralizing factor when it gets home to Ometepe. But the Oms definitely should be thinking of keeping challenge strength and ridding themselves of liabilities when they go to Tribal.

03-09-11, 06:29 PM (EST)
43. "RE: What secrets are revealed?"
it seems by the article read that either David Bloomberg was present at the RI filming or has seen a preview of the episode.

Thanks for bringing this over, Blind Freddy. And yes, it sure sounds like Bloomberg got an advance preview. Also, Gordon Holmes tweeted yesterday that he had just watched tonight's episode and that it has a lot of don't-miss moments. So evidently the CBS PR machine is doing everything it can to hype tonight's episode.

Re the secrets: Everyone's ideas sound good. The article does say their ACTIONS give them away, so I'm wondering if it could be as simple as they're cheering against Russell? Or would Ralph actually bring his HII with him and would our FBI guy notice it in his pocket?

Should be a great episode tonight!

03-09-11, 07:42 PM (EST)
44. "RE: What secrets are revealed?"
Yes, thanks Freddy for bringing that over here. The promos keep saying that SECRETS will be revealed. Well, there are not too many secrets but there is ONE BIG secret....Ralph has the HII that RussHell never found....what if Ralph slips?

Then, what if Sarita goes back and informs the Zaps that Rooster had it all along....David looks pissed still in the press images and he and the girls have got to realize that they are never going to beat all of those buff men over there...what if they blindside Rooster...or Steve, the one that wanted to throw the challenge in the first place...RussHell, Julie, and Jiffy all foreshadowed that Ometepe could gain momentum if the challenge was thrown.....

All we have heard is about a giant reward...what if there is another IC challenge? I know you all must think I am letting my imagination run wild, but I just have a hard time with Rob losing a challenge that seems tailor made for him...? What if they win? Then Kooky, loose canon, Phillip is just misdirection...

That article said that this episode has everything, and what would that include...a blindside, and let's face it, Kristina is not going to be blindsided, but one of those big, in control men on Zap sure would be. Jeff also hinted that Rooster wouldn't know what to do with the power of the idol....food for thought....late, but nevertheless, food for thought...

03-09-11, 08:07 PM (EST)
45. "RE: What secrets are revealed?"
yes, I feel you are on to something. FP and I did a little brainstorming by email today, and I also thought that Rooster might open his big mouth about the idol and Sarita could run with the info.

Let's try this premise:
Secrets are revealed is the actual boot story.
To me that points to Ralph or Philip.

My question is, did CBS set out to blindside us with a Ralph boot by totally skewing the action towards Rob's dilemma?

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_
files/4d6c77f2d539489d.jpg

03-09-11, 08:32 PM (EST)
47. "RE: What secrets are revealed?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-11 AT 08:34 PM (EST)

I like the way you are thinking too, OFG....Secrets revealed, the HII in Ralph's possession, will lead to the boot. IMO, it sounds more plausible if it's over at the Zaps...I am thinking either Rooster or Steve....suppose it could be Phillip.

Why would Rob say, "someone in my alliance could flip"...if Phillip drives his alliance mates too crazy?

03-09-11, 08:36 PM (EST)
48. "RE: What secrets are revealed?"
Jeff has certainly been hinting in his blog that Rooster's weakness is his ego and he might screw up with the idol. And certainly it was risky last week for him to not share it with anyone on his tribe when they had to split the vote, etc. I can see Steve, David, etc. being angry if the word gets out that he has it. Wasn't there even a spoiler at some point about that being part of his demise?

It would definitely be a surprise boot -- seems like Rooster's story isn't over quite yet and the audience is supposed to be pulling for him over Russell -- but who knows! Would be totally ironic if they both leave on the same night.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-11, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: What secrets are revealed?"
I'll guess at this one ... let's see ... hmmmmmmm ... I think that while observing the duel between RussHell and Matt, Super Secret Agent Phillip observes Rooster and Sirina cheering for RussHell to lose the duel. This is the secret revealed to his tribemates back at Camp Ometepe....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •