The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Winning Quote(s)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-25-11, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Winning Quote(s)"
Starting this thread for the discussion.

The first winning quote I heard in Episode one came from Russhell ... We all heard him say he was going to be the Leader. It's a new game for him and he finished that quote with "I'm going to win."

Second winning quote in Episode 1 came from Mike. "I was in the Marine Corps ... spent two deployments ... went to Iraq twice. I think I'm going to win just because of my background. I think I've been trained for something like this."

Now in Episode 2, there is one combined quote that I also hear as a "winner" and I think it bodes very well for the Survivors who said it. First, we hear Rob say ... "I know how strong a pair can be in this game ... like Amber and I. But now I'm thinking about who I'm going to sit next to at the end. I think Natalie is the perfect partner at this point. It's going to be hard though. It's like literally, picking the girl up, putting her on my back and I'm going to drag your a$$ to the end and hopefully they're going to give it to me at the end." Rob is telling us that this strategy worked pretty well with Amber, so he will plan on using it again with Natalie as the chosen one.

Immediately after, we hear Natalie in confessional ... "I want to make big moves. I really trust Rob and I think making big moves along with him will be smart.

Finally, I also liked Phillip's quote at the RC/IC: I will outlast any man over there. And you know, I have a feeling, it will be Phillip who replaces Matt in Rob's alliance. After all, didn't he also say to Rob ... "from here on out, you own my vote." I think Phillip will indeed outlast Steve, Dave, Mike, RussHell and Rooster. Time will tell.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Winning Quote(s) kiki_k 02-26-11 1
 RE: Winning Quote(s) Scarlett O Hara 03-03-11 2
   RE: Winning Quote(s) SquidProQuo 03-03-11 3
       RE: Winning Quote(s) chinadj 03-03-11 4
           RE: Winning Quote(s) kiki_k 03-03-11 5
               RE: Winning Quote(s) SquidProQuo 03-03-11 6
 Ep. 4 Winning Quote(s) Scarlett O Hara 03-12-11 7
   RE: Ep. 4 Winning Quote(s) michel 03-12-11 8
       RE: Ep. 4 Winning Quote(s) Round Robin 03-14-11 9
           RE: Ep. 4 Winning Quote(s) michel 03-14-11 10
 RE: Winning Quote(s) Scarlett O Hara 05-05-11 11
   RE: Winning Quote(s) CTgirl 05-05-11 12
   RE: Winning Quote(s) Flowerpower 05-05-11 13
   RE: Winning Quote(s) Outfrontgirl 05-05-11 14
       WOOOO HOOO! Flowerpower 05-05-11 15
           RE: WOOOO HOOO! Outfrontgirl 05-05-11 16
               RE: WOOOO HOOO! Flowerpower 05-09-11 20
                   RE: WOOOO HOOO! Outfrontgirl 05-09-11 21
   RE: Winning Quote(s) Outfrontgirl 05-07-11 18
 RE: Winning Quote(s) Outfrontgirl 05-05-11 17
   RE: Winning Quote(s) Scarlett O Hara 05-09-11 19
 RE: Winning Quote(s) tribephyl 05-13-11 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-26-11, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
Philip's "I'll outlast any man here" made me think that a woman wins this season. Right now, my money is on Andrea (Matt comes back in from RI & as a "couple" Andrea gets to the end or "couples up" with another guy & wins just like RobAmber did thus fulfilling Rob's prediction).
Possible alternative is Natalie -- Rob loses again to the girl he carried.
Right now, I don't know enough about the women on Russell's tribe (other than Stephanie, who looks to definitely lose, probably because of her quick association with Russell) to predict one of them winning.

03-03-11, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
Matt said a winning quote last night in confessional after arriving at Redemption Island. Here it is ...

... What an opportunity to come in an underdog and come back from Redemption Island and finish this game with a million dollars ...

To me, it bodes well for him. He has a goal now and his eye on the prize.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-03-11, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
Yep, I thought the same thing when I heard that last night. But with the RI twist a "winning quote" could just be that he returns to the game?

chinadj 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-03-11, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chinadj Click to send private message to chinadj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
I noticed that, too. But as soon as he said it, they edited in thunder & lightning, which made me think twice. And now he has Russell to beat!

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-03-11, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
Matt should easily be able to beat Russell handily -- the only thing Russell had going for him is lying, abuse & psychological warfare (not to mention falling a$$ over backward into finding a HII just when he needed one). He has never been good at challenges or particularly smart.

IMO, Matt's quote means he will be coming back into the game from RI, but doesn't mean anything re: his chances of winning the game.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-03-11, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
Kiki, that was my read on it too -- he's coming back but doesn't necessarily mean he's winning. Coming back in and of itself might be a morale victory this season.

03-12-11, 11:32 AM (EST)
7. "Ep. 4 Winning Quote(s)"
There were two winning quotes this episode.

The first was from Phillip: "I'm prepared to do what I need to do to win a million."

The second winning quote came from Boston Rob: "Ding, Ding ... we have a winner! Baby, baby, I learned something since last time ... one thing I do know is that with this immunity idol, this time I'm going to make it 39 days and win."

I, for one, am cheering for Boston Rob to succeed!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-11, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 4 Winning Quote(s)"
Phillip had 3 or 4 winning quotes in this episode.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-14-11, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep. 4 Winning Quote(s)"
Yeah, but Phil is as full of $hit as a Thanksgiving turkey, so you never know if he has said anything of significance or is just blowing hot air.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-11, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 4 Winning Quote(s)"
That's what makes him such a fun character.

Many have said the same about Boston Rob, or Morono as they'd call him.

05-05-11, 01:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
I heard another winning quote last night and I heard it from Rob or "Mariano" as Jiffy is now calling him.

During the footage of the Ometepe's with their loved ones, we hear Boston Rob in confessional ... "I feel that right now I'm playing my best game. But even every thing that's happened up until right now doesn't mean anything unless I can finish it. I need this. It's to make a better life for my wife and my kids. Even though, we're at a point now where some people might be taking a break from the game. They're thinking about home. It just makes me focus. I want to win Survivor. This is something I've been trying to do for 10 years now. I'm eight days away so there's nothing thats going to stop me."

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
I agree Scar. When I heard Rob talking about Amber and his family, I immediately thought that was a winning quote for Rob. He wasn't being his usual cocky self. He was being heartfelt. It rounded out his edit.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
Agree, Scarlett! Rob had his winning quote. It was indeed straight from the heart. He's playing this game as hard as he can, and now we know why....I say it's a winning quote if I ever heard one!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-11, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
I agree! This is the Mariano I was missing during the middle part of this game. His feelings are back! If he loses by some chance after this quote, then we are meant to feel like he was ROBBED. Now I am rooting for him again.

05-05-11, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "WOOOO HOOO!"

WoooooHOOOOOO! OFG has arrived!

Feel free to borrow my siggie for the duration, or maybe Scarlett can make you one of your own...hint, hint!

05-05-11, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: WOOOO HOOO!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 11:44 PM (EST)

What, you don't like my Cook Islands photo? lol
I suck at making siggies, but I have one firm rule, and that is I use a photo that I took myself. My old sig was taken on a ferry between the Aran Islands and Doolin, Ireland, and this one is One Foot Island, Aitutaki.

I have never met Rawb, so I have no photo!
But please allow me to be a membah of the sistah-hood anyway.

I'm so annoyed with this season for its meaningless build-ups. Matt redeemed, such a big deal they make of it, but he doesn't live up to it.

I must confess that if Mike won this thing I would be thrilled.
He had a winning quote right after arrival, as Scarlett pointed out in the top post.

05-09-11, 10:06 PM (EST)
20. "RE: WOOOO HOOO!"
Oh, you are in the sisterhood, sister!

Just loved that you came to support Rob.

I love your siggies. I agree with your thoughts regarding Matt, and Mike, imo, would be so much more formidable as an opponent. But, it is what it is...

I think Rob and Matt will go head to head. So, in order for that to happen Rob has to go to RI, OR, Matt has to come back in the game...again. Currently I am thinking the latter.

05-09-11, 10:15 PM (EST)
21. "RE: WOOOO HOOO!"
I also think the head to head will be in the main game. In a challenge. I really don't think they will both face the jury. I don't think the F3 will be that interesting.

05-07-11, 11:50 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
Either this is the winning quote, or this is the old "redemption at the end of the arc" move by the editors. The softening before he goes treatment, showing he did everything he could possibly do.

05-05-11, 11:46 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
It is interesting to compare this quote
It's like literally, picking the girl up, putting her on my back and I'm going to drag your a$$ to the end and hopefully they're going to give it to me at the end"
with

Jeff saying that Rob is literally carrying his wife and child on his back.

I mean, can Natalie, Amber, and Lucia all literally fit on Rob's back?

05-09-11, 03:34 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
Something tells me we might hear this again when Rob is making his case in front of the jury!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-11, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Winning Quote(s)"
I believe that our dearest southern belle has been correct from the very beginning.
Granted Russell is no longer around but I dare say those 4 bolded quotes may contain the F4.

Mike, Rob, Natalie and Phillip.

This is the main reason I believe that Mike will be our returnee.

Someone please talk me off this butte-face?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •