The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-11, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
As vince noted in the Blackwhale spoiler thread, STRIKE 2! So far the sourced spoilers have been unreliable. I don't think one person on the boards got the boot correct. Score 2 for EPMB. I think it's time we go back to basics.

Let's examine what we missed:

1. In the preview vidcaps, the only 2 daws really shown were Phillip and Rooster/Russell. all boot decoys. From the vidcaps we need to identify all boot candidates, then separate out the decoys from the perspective boot.

2. the Title Thread: "You Own My Vote", most of us correctly speculated that it was indeed from Phillip. Also posted there were the misdirection clues...

ONE CASTAWAY'S KIND GESTURE CAUSES OTHERS TO TAKE NOTICE AND QUESTION HIS LOYALTY TO THE TRIBE, ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, FEB. 23

"You Own My Vote" - One castaway's kind gesture causes others to take notice and question his loyalty to the tribe, while Francesca settles into solitary life on Redemption Island and speculates who will join her next

OFG, in the past has come up with another theory, the OFG2, that one of the clues will be a clue to the boot. That certainly applied this week...she speculated this in the thread:

1) One of the guys makes a kind gesture to the opposite tribe, which makes the others question his loyalty.

Problem is, the only opportunity is at the challenge. What could it be?

I can see Matt being kind because he is trying to be a good Christian.

We need to pay attention to any and all theories that could possibly arise out of the clues! Great thinking there, OFG!

I also wanted to note that in the misdirection thread, we should also include all transcripts...which should always be considered clues...

3. VIDCAPS

One thing I would like to suggest is to post all of the promos in their entirity in the vidcap thread. When we post bits and pieces some critical vidcaps may be missed as I know I am guilty of not always searching for them...Here are some interesting vidcaps that were NOT posted in our Vidcap thread, that are particularly interesting....

They framed our boot...Matt was all over the vidcap thread, a la the OFG Theory.

We did get the Zapatera win with the vidcaps of Mike, squeezed into the promo from last week....that was huge.

4. Confessionals

With the sourced spoilers being unreliable this season, so far, I would love it if Corvis brought his confessional analysis back. in the first two episodes, while I didn't count, I did notice that Matt seemed to get alot, in regard to the others. I thought he may have been slipping into narrator role.

Confessionals are just another tool to help figure it out, or to at least have a logical guess.

5. Once again the time stamps from the press images were spot on. Kona noted that shots at the Ometepe tribe were the latest. We need to document and post this news.

6. Logic. Granted, this was a spur of the moment decision, but Rob gave his allies the final choice. Grant said that he would rather keep Andrea because she was really good in the challenge...with logic I don't think there were any real clues. We could have examined Rob's previous game play.....he took out Hunter, he took at Rob Cesternino EARLY....he's done it AGAIN! Rob really make a bold move....flushed the idol, and split up a power pair (at least they may have been in his eyes).

So, as far as I can see the boot decoys, all things considered for this episode were:

Phillip, Rooster, Kristina, RussHell, and Matt. Interesting to note that Kristina was a boot decoy simply because of logic from the previous episode. She was INVISIBLE in the vidcaps, and clues, no?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect Scarlett O Hara 02-24-11 1
 RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect CTgirl 02-24-11 2
 RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect suzzee 02-25-11 3
   RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect Outfrontgirl 02-25-11 5
       RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect Round Robin 02-26-11 6
 RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect Outfrontgirl 02-25-11 4
   RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect Flowerpower 02-26-11 7
       RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect Corvis 02-27-11 9
           RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect CTgirl 02-27-11 10
               RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect Flowerpower 02-28-11 11
 RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect SquidProQuo 02-26-11 8
 Episode 3, in Retrospect CTgirl 03-03-11 12
   RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect Flowerpower 03-03-11 13
       RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect SquidProQuo 03-03-11 14
       RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect Brownroach 03-04-11 16
           RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect Flowerpower 03-04-11 17
           RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect PepeLePew13 03-04-11 18
               RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect Flowerpower 03-04-11 19
   RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect Belle Book 03-03-11 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-24-11, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
Good stuff Flopo. Yes, I agree, we need to bring the vidcaps over in their entirety in the order that they are presented. I will try to rerun the show this morning so that I can do a Confessional count. I already know that Robfadda ruled the night -- he had a huge amount of confessionals. What does it mean Corvis?

It is time for Non-source spoilers to step up to the plate this season and do what we do best!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-11, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
Thanks for the recap FloPo. I'm started to get excited about spoiling Survivor again!

Snowfall by Tribe

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-11, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
THIS is why I came to Blows good old fashioned deductive spoiling.

I love the idea of a retrospect thread too. In a true unspoiled season this type of discussion will be a great reference for future seasons.

I love love love being able to read spoilers (although I stayed away for the first couple of episodes just to be sure) the skills of the posters are brilliant.

Excellent!

I love a Tribe siggie

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-11, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-11 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

You know guys,
It sure would be nice if we could just spoil here and not dredge up the divisions of last season.

I'm not a source spoiler, nor a non-source. If I had to describe myself, I'm an omnivore spoiler. When there are no answers, I'm not helpless ... as witness last week I did offer up Matt as a candidate ...

I was going to just not post here any more when I saw that there is STILL a No Source Spoilers label on the vidcaps topic -- even though there aren't missyae type spoilers, the call sheets have excellent info about the long term structure of the RI twist, but we can't mention that.

FloPo talked me into giving it a go in spite of my feelings.
The last three posts make me question that decision.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-26-11, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
I think it's far too much to ask to hope people will get over the divisions of last season in the short time span of the gap from last season to this season. People are human and that kind of thing just doesn't happen that fast. You're gonna need to have at least 2 or 3 complete unsourced seasons come and go before all that hate and disontent wears off. When we finally get it through our thick skulls that missyae is probably out of spoiling for good and Blackwhale is as full of crap as a Thanksgiving turkey, then we can move on from last year. As long as source haters think they will pop up any minute with an accurate boot list, that ain't gonna happen.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-11, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
This is a wonderful post, FP!

I LOVE that you found the vidcap of Matt framed between Rob and Russell.
May I point out the Matt is "going down" in that cap rather than leaping up for a tile like some others?

I appreciate that you pulled up my comment. I was a little frustrated -- mostly at myself -- after this one aired. Between my insistence that the clue holds the boot story and the observation that Matt has a different standard of behavior and could be nicer than would be appreciated -- the answer was there.

I generally give up on ideas that don't get any support from other spoilers -- because that usually means the idea is weak. So yes, it would be nice if people respond to ideas and think them through. I didn't get any feedback on my suggestions.

Also a reminder for me to seriously consider and respond to all the ideas. Sometimes I don't have time, but if I do, I should.

Thanks again. This post was so well thought out. I hope that we will bump it up and revisit what we missed each week. This is how we learn. I particularly like to note what was misdirection and where they gave it to us.

There was a lot of Rooster misdirection last week with them showing him in a duel as part of the next week promo. It was just his pants, the kind of thing you see and go AHA we found it. Luckily, we were open to the idea that they are showing us future glimpses of RI and not just next week.

02-26-11, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-11 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

I agree, OFG. I have been disappointed in the lack of participation this season, and it's sad, because, finally we have a season that so far is very surprising. This past week no one even hardly commented on the SOTS....I just don't know if it's worth the work that folks put into it. If you read it, you should comment....give feedback. Right, wrong, agree, don't agree, and why. The discussion from many is what works it all out.

Also, it's disappointing when things and ideas are posted and no one responds.

Since the sourced spoilers seem to be off base this year, I propose that we just do the vidcap per usual. As was done in the seasons past, when any and all spec from here and anywhere else could be posted....without valid sourced spoilers, it's ALL spec. Let's get to it! After all, this is a spoiling thread.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-11, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
I attribute the lack of participation for the first two eps to the fear of seeing source spoilers. That kept me out of most of the threads. I didn't see OFG's spec about Matt for instance because I didn't read that thread.

Now that we know the sources are not valid, I am cautiously moving into more threads to see what's happening. So don't get too down about lack of participation. I think there will be people who'll get into it again now that it is (IMO) more fun.

02-27-11, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
I agree with Corvis that people will cautiously come back. I did think OFG's choice of Matt was a good one when I read it. But with big casts, it takes me a while to get up to speed and I haven't felt comfortable saying much because I wasn't sure who was who. That's my bad for not doing my pre-season homework!

I did not mean to bring up the divisiveness of last season - I have honestly forgotten about it. I'm just happy that Russell has decided not to share everything that happened in Nicaragua. I do think each week will bring increased participation among the regular spoilers.

02-28-11, 10:06 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
Thanks for the response, Corvis and CTGirl! I appreciate it. I was just getting discouraged when I post and come back to find that I'm the only one that responds... I really look forward to reading what you and many are thinking. Time to collectively figure it out...again!

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-26-11, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Post Episode 2, in Retrospect"
Thanks, FloPo, I think it's a great idea to do these retrospect threads! I've been traveling a lot so haven't been posting or keeping in the loop like I usually do, but here are a couple things that stand out to me in retrospect:

1) I just read Jeff's Week 1 and Week 2 blogs, and I think we need to pay more attention to the hints that Jeff gives us there. For example, in his Week 1 blog, here's what Jeff said about Matt:

Matthew, whose religious faith is going to be severely tested if he lasts very long at all. Survivor is a game where “turn the other cheek” typically doesn’t work very well.

2) Phillip seemed too obvious. And those 2 promos that were posted right before the show that were devoted to Phillip and hyped him as the "Man of Mystery" should have been a tip-off that CBS was investing too much in his story/character to have him voted off so quickly.

03-03-11, 07:26 PM (EST)
12. "Episode 3, in Retrospect"
I don't have a lot to add to what FloPo said last week. We were so close, yet some of us still weren't close enough! I'd like to mention that when I was doing the SOTS in the past, I noticed that sometimes the graphics highlight the boot (i.e. with fire) but not always. It is better to look at the juxtaposition of photos and the story that is being told in the promo to figure out the boot story. (For example, Matt was sandwiched between Rob and Russell last week.)

In hindsight, Russell was all over the last promo CBS released - 6 solo shots of him versus 1 for Stephanie (including one with his nasty armpits for all to see) and not counting ones where he is talking with his harem or Julie. Here's a big close up of his mug:

IIFC from past years, the boot story often comes out in the last promo released. So I certainly need to remember to look at those vidcaps more closely in the future!

03-03-11, 08:27 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect"
Thanks, CTGirl...that's very helpful! I appreciate that, and I will keep my eyes open.

I thought we did a pretty good job this week, despite most of us being wrong. Let's face it, CBS is getting a little craftier, perhaps. There was a logical reason for either Rooster, Stephanie, or RussHell. Stephanie was a great choice, and we have a vidcap with her being voted out....we know it's coming. Also, Rooster is darn lucky that Julie held her ground with the Zap 6, otherwise, he would have been toast.

In the end, RussHell is out. And, I think that most of us are quite HAPPY about that! Congrats to those that held firm and went with a RussHole boot!

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-03-11, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect"
Appreciate the tips, CTGirl. You have a good historical perspective.

I think for many of us, even though Russell was the logical boot choice, it was hard to believe that it would actually happen, esp. so early. I know I thought CBS would have hyped it even more. But way to go Corvis and the others who stuck with their gut on this one and were correct!

All the signs certainly point to Russell going in next week's RI duel, but there's still a part of me that says MB and SEG will do their darndest to find a challenge that Russell can win. Andy at Reality Blurred suggested that the RI Duel might be sock burning . Glad to see from the vidcaps that it's dominoes.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-11, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect"
we have a vidcap with (Stephanie) being voted out....we know it's coming.

FloPo, where is this?

03-04-11, 03:34 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect"
Well, I may have misled you somewhat. Krautboy posted this picture...

which most of us speculate is Stephanie leaving the TC set on her way to RI. Note the skirt and her purse....Alaginger at TVClubhouse was the one that pointed this frame out in the promos for episode 2...He posted this spec in the episode 2 Vidcap thread.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-11, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-11 AT 03:36 PM (EST)

This might be what she's referring to...

Photo evidence?

Edited: Foo... FloPo was too quick!

03-04-11, 04:37 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect"
Just wanted to add we know that is Stephanie going down to the steps that lead to RI as we can see the same set design as RussHell leaves...

and here is Francesca leaving....

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-03-11, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 3, in Retrospect"
Well, I didn't think Rooster would be going home, so that left the decision between Stephanie and the Troll. I think I went with the Troll more out of a desperate hope than anything else. I'm glad I was right.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •