The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"JeffProbst.com"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-16-11, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"JeffProbst.com"
jiffy's blog and other stuff....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: JeffProbst.com Estee 02-16-11 1
   RE: JeffProbst.com dabo 02-16-11 2
 RE: JeffProbst.com FSUGUY 02-17-11 3
 RE: JeffProbst.com FSUGUY 03-01-11 4
 Episode 6 kiki_k 03-24-11 5
   RE: Episode 6 Outfrontgirl 03-24-11 6
 E7 JP Blog Blind Freddy 03-31-11 7
   RE: E7 JP Blog Karchita 03-31-11 8
   RE: E7 JP Blog SquidProQuo 03-31-11 9
 Ep 10 EW Q&A w/Jeff SquidProQuo 04-21-11 10
   RE: Ep 10 EW Q&A w/Jeff dabo 04-21-11 11
   ? Double boot at TC? Flowerpower 04-21-11 12
 Ep 10 blog SquidProQuo 04-21-11 13
   RE: Ep 10 blog Estee 04-21-11 14
   RE: Ep 10 blog michel 04-21-11 15
 Ep 11 EW Q&A SquidProQuo 04-28-11 16
 Ep 11 Video Blog SquidProQuo 04-28-11 17
   RE: Ep 11 Video Blog Round Robin 04-29-11 18
       RE: Ep 11 Video Blog dabo 04-29-11 19
           RE: Ep 11 Video Blog Outfrontgirl 04-29-11 20
               RE: Ep 11 Video Blog kiki_k 04-29-11 21
                   RE: Ep 11 Video Blog Outfrontgirl 04-29-11 22
                   RE: Ep 11 Video Blog Flowerpower 04-29-11 23
               RE: Ep 11 Video Blog Brownroach 04-29-11 24
                   RE: Ep 11 Video Blog Flowerpower 04-30-11 25
                       RE: Ep 11 Video Blog Brownroach 04-30-11 26
                           RE: Ep 11 Video Blog tribephyl 04-30-11 27
 Ep 12 video blog SquidProQuo 05-05-11 28
   RE: Ep 12 video blog Flowerpower 05-05-11 29
       RE: Ep 12 video blog SquidProQuo 05-05-11 30
           RE: Ep 12 video blog Outfrontgirl 05-06-11 31
               RE: Ep 12 video blog PepeLePew13 05-06-11 32
                   RE: Ep 12 video blog dabo 05-06-11 34
           RE: Ep 12 video blog Flowerpower 05-06-11 33
               RE: Ep 12 video blog Outfrontgirl 05-07-11 35
                   RE: Ep 12 video blog SquidProQuo 05-07-11 36
 Jeff on The Talk SquidProQuo 05-11-11 37
   RE: Jeff on The Talk tribephyl 05-11-11 38
   RE: Jeff on The Talk Krautboy 05-11-11 39
       RE: Jeff on The Talk Outfrontgirl 05-11-11 40
   RE: Jeff on The Talk Krautboy 05-12-11 41
 Ep 13 blog SquidProQuo 05-12-11 42
   RE: Ep 13 blog kiki_k 05-12-11 44
       RE: Ep 13 blog dabo 05-12-11 45
 Ep 13 EW Q&A SquidProQuo 05-12-11 43
   RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A Krautboy 05-12-11 46
       RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A Brownroach 05-13-11 47
           RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A emydi 05-13-11 48
               RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A Outfrontgirl 05-13-11 49
                   RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A dabo 05-14-11 50
 Does Rob make the F3? Krautboy 05-14-11 51
   RE: Does Rob make the F3? dabo 05-14-11 52
   RE: Does Rob make the F3? tribephyl 05-14-11 53
   RE: Does Rob make the F3? VolcanicGlass 05-14-11 54
       RE: Does Rob make the F3? kiki_k 05-14-11 55
 Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW SquidProQuo 05-16-11 56
   RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW Estee 05-16-11 57
       RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW SquidProQuo 05-16-11 58
           RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW Estee 05-16-11 60
               RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW michel 05-16-11 61
                   RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW SquidProQuo 05-16-11 62
   RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW Brownroach 05-16-11 59
       RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW iltarion 05-18-11 63
           RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW michel 05-18-11 64
               RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW iltarion 05-18-11 65
 RE: JeffProbst.com FSUGUY 09-15-11 66
   RE: JeffProbst.com PepeLePew13 09-15-11 67

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-11, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: JeffProbst.com"
Also known as 'Entertainment Weekly got sick of the propaganda.'' (Now if only they'd ax Harrison. Literally.)

The key thing to remember about all of Jeff's previous blogs: his only job is to promote the storyline. He doesn't care about on-screen events, real personalities, or the last insulting thing said at Council. He cares about the editing, EPMB, and selling whatever tale those two taped together. That's it. And to that degree, it's become impossible to say if he ever has an opinion of his own.

I don't expect this to improve now that he's away from the EW banner. I expect it to get worse.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-11, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: JeffProbst.com"
One word...

product placement!

Now he's free of the EW shop to hawk what his sponsers tell him, we may want to update our blockers.

02-17-11, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: JeffProbst.com"
blog is up... surprise... HE LOVES PHILLIP...

http://www.jeffprobst.com/2011/02/17/survivor-redemption-island-episode-one-blog-21711/

Also, jeff tweeted last night during the show...

http://twitter.com/jeffprobst

03-01-11, 05:06 PM (EST)
4. "RE: JeffProbst.com"
jeff will be twittering Wednesday night:

Another GREAT episode this Wednesday!Gonna tweet live EAST COAST time! Mark it down. Join me for an "interactive" Survivor experience!

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-24-11, 05:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-11 AT 05:30 AM (EST)

Since Jeffy seems to be spoiling the season via his tweets & blogs, I thought we should bump this thread. In his Episode 6 blog I think he gives away a lot -- especially when he runs through each of the remaining players' "chances" for the end game & doesn't mention Stephanie. I'm taking that as a sure sign (if we didn't already know) that Matt wins RI duel next week.

The blog is here:

http://www.jeffprobst.com/2011/03/24/survivor-redemption-island-episode-6-32311/

I'm only reprinting the stuff I found interesting in a *spoilerish* kind of way:

ANDREA GETS JEALOUS?

Man this game is tough. Matt is alone on Redemption, battling as hard as he can to stay alive. A competitor gives him a Bible on her way out and as a result, his one ally in the game, gets jealous and turns on him. WTF? Were they going steady? Did I miss the engagement? It was a Bible, not a love note. Man. Survivor is a tough game.
Me: So Andrea's concern about Matt bonding with Krista has now turned into her "turning" on him -- why mention it if Matt doesn't come back into the game?

PHILLIP WANTS TO BE APPRECIATED

Ah yeah, baby. The ego of the lion and the gorilla is coming out and I like it. Phillip’s explosion was not about the girls not helping with the fire. His frustration came from not being appreciated. That’s all he wants, is a little credit.

One of the lessons I’ve learned from Survivor goes like this:

If you have a goal, and your success in achieving this goal requires the support of other people, then you have to remove your ego from the equation.

In other words, when you’re playing a zero sum game, ie a game in which there is only one winner – and the losers of the game are the one who will decide who wins – leave your ego at home.

Otherwise your chances for success plummet.

I’m not saying it’s easy. Not saying I can do it myself. But from a back seat point of view it’s quite clear.

Phillip wants credit. Nobody is giving it to him. The more he complains the more annoying he will become… because Phillip – nobody cares.

Stoke the fire and stay out of the way. You’ll last longer.
Me: Doesn't sound like Phillip makes it to F3.
THE GODFATHER INTERVENES

Once again the wisest person on the tribe is Rob. I know you hate me talking about Rob, but the proof is in his actions regarding Phillips and the fire tending duties.

Four of them to be exact:

1. During the argument he was the only one still focused on the big picture. His biggest overall goal was to keep the tribe strong.

2. Simultaneously, he understands how beneficial the fight between Phillip and the girls can be to his game. The more they fight, the more likely he is to stay in control and the more they hate each other the better for him if he makes it to the end against any of them.

3. Rob then talked to Phillip to ensure that Phillip doesn’t do too much damage to the tribe dynamics while also letting Phillip know that he understands him.

4. After Phillip walked away, Rob then mocked him which in turn endeared Rob even more to the angry girls.

Mission complete. It was deft handling of a very delicate social situation.

This challenge is both physical and frustrating. Ralph for one was clearly irritated that he wasn’t getting enough action. But the star of the challenge was Grant. Stud. Dude is the real deal. Mike did his best to defend but there was no stopping him, not even by ripping off his shirt. If Grant is allowed to stay till the end he could be a millionaire come mid-May.

I’ve said it before but I think Zapatera’s biggest problem is they are playing a “too cool for school” game and it’s biting them in the #####.

It’s the Russell factor. They are so happy to “defeat” Russell and his two “girls” – Krista and Stephanie – that they’re in danger of losing the big picture.

David realized that tonight. I agree with David. I would have voted out Sarita. Nothing personal, Sarita, but I think Stephanie wanted it more and the tribe could have used her spunk.
Me: I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Jeff is full of it. He knows what happens so his "great insights" into Zap's game is nothing but a bunch of Monday Morning Quarterbacking. It's annoying but at the same time it is ok by me because his love for the troll & his fury that the Zaps were smart enough to get rid of his devious, lying, disloyal @ss is causing him to give away the fact that no Zaps are getting anywhere near F3. I really do wish that they had because then he wouldn't have an excuse to keep bringing the troll up in his blog 3 weeks after his boot.

Okay I know I’ve been ignoring everybody else in the game… so here we go.

DAVID – If memory serves I think David scored the highest on our IQ test during casting. He is a smart dude. We fought to get him on and I’m glad we did. He’s giving us great story and he’s a legit threat to win the game if he can get his alliance figured out.
Me: Obviously, Jeff likes David for sticking up for Stephanie (who Jeff likes for blinding aligning with Russell), so I'd say David is out next.

STEVE – I like him. He’s laid back and probably a pretty nice guy in his normal life. He would drive me a bit crazy as a member of my alliance because he is so laid back! I want the guy who played in the NFL for 13 years. Maybe he’s saving that for the individual portion of the show.

SARITA – I think she’s too soft right now. I liked her in casting but I think the game is overwhelming her right now. She needs to get over the toothache and find that inner strength otherwise she is going to be seen as a pain-in-the-#####.

MIKE – How can you not like Mike? He’s strong, seems pretty bright. A major threat to win this game. If both are still in the game when they merge – he could prove a worthy adversary for Boston Rob.

MATT – The undisputed underdog. If he can win long enough to get back in the game, people better watch out. I have a feeling that even his faith will not be able to contain his desire to get even.

NATALIE – I’ve said it before I am so impressed. She is 18 years old. Think about the 18 year olds you know. How many of them could handle themselves this well in this cut-throat environment. Natalie is a long shot to win but IF she can get to the end the jury may feel like I do that based on age alone she has earned the money.
Me: Mat is definitely coming back from RI & Natalie is probably F3.

JULIE – Julie confuses me. I like her and I think she’s a fairly good player but I haven’t seen any moves yet that make me think she could make it deep. She’s a mom which helps in dealing with people and she’s very reasonable and that could take her a long way into the game. But a big move will be necessary.

RALPH – I love Ralph because he’s so fun to listen to and so fun to watch. He so very smart in his own way but his liability is that Ralph hasn’t found himself in this kind of social situation and it shows. If Ralph can figure out how to deal with the others in his alliance he could last.

ANDREA – She’s a bit wishy-washy regarding Matt but she is definitely a fighter and a player. She will not lie down for anybody. I like her but her problem right now is her status within the alliance.

ASHLEY – Dark horse to win the game. She’s very good in the challenges and come the individual portion of the game she will be a threat. She also has friends in the girls and will probably make more friends if she makes the merge. If I was Rob I’d be most worried about her in the end game.
Me: Maybe giving us a reason for Rob to vote her out next time Ometepe goes to TC instead of the obvious Phillip boot?

GRANT – Grant is a bit ill equipped socially because he is so trusting. At this point he believes in Rob 100%. So long as that lasts, these two could go deep. But if that trust is ever broken, my hunch is that Grant will turn on Rob and vote him out.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-11, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 6"
Very insightful comments and highlighting kiki!

I'm on the same page with most things.
I would not be surprised if Rob falls before Grant.

I don't think Ashley is going to RI any time soon. Didn't think so this week, and still don't think so.

Natalie -- I am so not impressed. Jeff is suck a sucker for pretty young girls, especially brunettes. Ugh. Yeah, she will probably be in the F3 or F4.

My candidates for the finalists are Matt, Grant, Ashley, Andrea. They won't all make it, obviously.

Philip love -- ugh. I'm starting to get resigned to him making the merge, just because Jeff calls him one of most memorable characters ever, and that's hard to achieve as a pre-merge boot.

The only Zapatera lighting Jeff up is MIKE. Too bad that Mike will be the biggest target other than idol-crowing Rooster.

Jeff on the Zapatera's is divided between those with fire in the gut and drive, and those that are too easy-peasy.

David, Mike, Ralph, Stephanie (deceased) have the fire.
Sarita, Steve, Julie do not.
I laughed at what you said about the troll, very fun, but the Russell thing hasn't hurt Mike in Jeff's eyes. I think it's more about them delivering what they got cast for. Mike does. Rooster does. David might. The others are disappointing Jeff.

Notice that he's not at all disappointed in the spa girls for their horrible attitude towards work. (I think it's ridiculous.) Like Rob, he seems to accept it. Andrea is probably in danger because she works. She should just do braiding and plucking.

This is my favorite quote:
" He is a smart dude. We fought to get him on."

Oh Jeff, that says so much about the casting ... you had to fight to get some brains on. Sad.

I don't understand why Jeff loves Philip so much. I thought Ralph had a GREAT line.
Why would anyone care about one of their back teeth? LMAO, good one.

I'm afraid that Phil outlasts Ralph, as Ralph is definitely getting B-level love from Jeff, even though Jeff thought he would love Ralph before the show.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-11, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "E7 JP Blog"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-11 AT 01:28 AM (EST)

JP blog on E7

http://www.jeffprobst.com/2011/03/31/survivor-redemption-island-episode-7-33011/

(bolding emphasis is mine)
-----------------------
Thanks again to everybody that tweeted with me last night. If you’re still not on board, you should join us on Twitter at @JeffProbst. We’re having a fun conversation in ” the interactive living room” and a great shared experience.

Okay onto last night’s episode…

DAVID

I like David. He’s the kind of player I’d like to have on the show every season. He’s playing a long-term game and he’s willing to make big moves. He came to win, not make the jury.

I don’t have much time for people who are satisfied with making the jury. I’m not convinced Sarita wants to make it to the end. So far I haven’t seen the killer instinct. Maybe it will come out next week on Redemption Island. I had huge expectations for Sarita. I loved her in casting, but I really believe the game was much more than she anticipated and ultimately just too difficult. Now she faces an interesting dilemma. Does she give it her all and try to beat Matt or just throw in the towel and call it a day?

DUEL

What’s to say? Matt is unstoppable. Five straight duels without a loss. Our duels are scheduled long before we know who will be competing so whether it’s physical, mental or both, it has nothing to do with who is at Redemption Island. It’s just luck of the draw.

HOT DAYS

Watching this episode reminded me how damn hot it gets while shooting Survivor. Redemption Island was especially hot because there was absolutely no breeze. I always seem to sweat more than the Survivors and that’s annoying. I guess they acclimate since they are living in it, and maybe because they’re dehydrated most days, but I always notice when I’m the one dripping from the forehead and they’re not.

ROB

I continue to be impressed by Rob’s game play. Granted it’s his fourth time so he should have something figured out, but seven episodes in I think he has played as close to a perfect game as anyone ever has in our 22 season history.

He hasn’t missed a single opportunity to gain favor or advantage. He is squeezing every bit of juice out of every opportunity.

I’m going to take a moment for all the “Probst loves Rob” haters to scream at me… go ahead. Let it out. Let it breathe…

I like Rob. Always have. Going all the way back to Survivor: Marquesas when he told me after he was voted out, “Give me another shot. I’m not finished.” I liked him in All-Stars when he took advantage of Lex to keep Amber in the game and then asked Amber to marry him just before the reading of the votes, thus ensuring the million dollars would be his no matter what. I liked him in Heroes v Villains when he miraculously changed his stripes and went from the dark side to the light. Still not sure how that happened.

And yes… I still like him today.

ZAPATERA

While we’re shooting the show, I’m unaware of most of what goes on out on the beaches. I don’t know the nitty-gritty and truth be told I really don’t know all that much about how the individual players are playing the game. But when I get home and start watching the episodes, I’m no different than you guys – I find myself rooting for and against different players and different tribes. Right now, Zapatera is driving me nuts with their infighting and complaining. I know it must be frustrating to read this if you’re a Zapatera member but it’s really how I feel. I can’t take much more of their whiny-##### complaining.

Enough philosophical chats, for crying out loud. Do something. Change your fate.

I want someone to stand up and take control of the tribe and start leading them. Specifically…David. That’s who would get my vote for leader and the reason is I think he’s the only guy capable right now of making bold moves to get his tribe back on track. Ralph makes fun of him for being an attorney. The truth is, the guy is the only one right now who is looking at the “big picture” and is trying to right a quickly sinking ship.

Zapatera is a great example of the psychological phenomenon “groupthink.” In Zapatera, you have a group of people who are making decisions that match the group consensus but without ever truly evaluating the worth or long term effect of their decisions. They so desperately don’t want conflict that they get rid of anybody who doesn’t peacefully agree with the group. It’s not working. You have to have the balls to stand up and tell the Emperor that he’s naked! Zapatera is naked!

I think they made a great move in voting out Sarita and that may just be the first move in the right direction.

A FEW SPOONFULS OF RICE A DAY

The scene in which they debated about saving Rob some crispy rice was funny and caused great drama surrounding Phillip who was clearly picking a fight because once again he WANTED TO BE HEARD!

Beyond that though, it was a great visual reminder of how little they are living on every day. They are given a tin of rice on day one and told to ration it so it will last the entire time. They know from past seasons that if you run out, it will cost you something valuable to get more rice. So that is why they eat only a few spoonfuls each day.

ROB v PHILLIP

I love this ongoing love/hate, mentor/student relationship between Rob and Phillip because it highlights the truth about how we treat each other in our society. Age doesn’t mean a damn thing. Nobody respects you simply because you’re an elder. Should we respect our elders? Hell yes! Do we? Hell no.

We respect you if you’re powerful or rich or famous or hot or really good at sports, but age? Ha! You’re just an old dude whose ##### I can kick, so get the F out of my way before I run you over with my Prius.

There is a guy at my gym, Abraham. He’s a very nice guy who fancies himself a comedian and as a result he is constantly spouting one-liners. All day, long. He’s a bit of a wordsmith, I’ll give him that. He has a turn of the phrase or a corny joke for every moment.

The truth is if he was a twenty-something I’d probably give him some attitude and tell him “not everything is an anecdote.” But Abraham, is in his 80’s and because of that, I have a different attitude about the whole thing. I listen and I laugh and I always appreciate that this man has lived a lot longer than me and if he wants to tell a few jokes we should all be happy that he’s still sharp enough to pull it off and support him.

But Survivor doesn’t care. Outwit, Outplay, Outlast. Being older on Survivor is rarely a plus but instead just a great reason to get rid of you. Is it fair? Doesn’t matter? Would I feel the same way if I was in the game and had some “old dude” slowing my tribe down? Probably. Then again, I’D be the old dude. Maybe that’s the real truth. I’m just channeling my own frustration that on Survivor, I’D BE THE OLD DUDE!

Survivor blogs. Humbling and cheaper than therapy.

CHALLENGE

This was without question one of the greatest challenges in recent Survivor history. We had all the elements. Great stakes – a helicopter ride and afternoon picnic. Great weather – pouring rain and deep mud. Great competition – it was back and forth until the last shot!

A massive effort by both groups. This challenge was no joke. Busting through the hay, crawling through the mud, climbing through the sticks, over the net craw and finally through an amazing “brick” wall. It was awesome.

INSIGHT

The brick wall was made out of wood and each brick was hand placed by our art department. It took hours to get the walls just right. We had to think long and hard before deciding to rehearse this challenge because of the amount of work required to set it up. I could see our art department team watching the rehearsal with equal amounts of excitement at watching their challenge play out and dread knowing they’d have to replace every.. single.. brick…brick-by-brick on the wall.

I loved this challenge. Look for it again next year.

When I see them at the end of a challenge like that, there is no question in my mind as to why so many of you want to play this game. It really is the ultimate adventure. A chance to test yourself on every single level.

REWARD

Another great moment in this episode. A helicopter ride is still a special treat for most people as it’s not something many of us ever get the chance to do. When you add in that you’re flying over and then landing on an active volcano it makes it all the more special.

This reminded me of the old days when we had enough time in our show to have some amazing rewards. Strategy has taken over the game and so now our time is limited and that’s why you see fewer epic rewards.

ROB OFFERS A CLUE TO THE GODS

Rob tossing the clue for the idol into the active volcano was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. All credit goes to Rob for that one. He could have just tossed it before getting back on the helicopter, but instead he saw the opportunity — ah forget it. Just refer back to my earlier comments about Rob.

SARITA HAD TO GO

Sarita, I know I have to see you at the live show so I hope you won’t be frustrated but this was the right move. Your heart wasn’t in it.

Unfortunately for Sarita, she doesn’t get to go home. Instead, it gets worse. She has to go to Redemption Island where the worst thing that could happen is that she beats Matt and has to stay in the game even longer.

Matt may have his easiest duel yet.

See ya next week!
---------------------------

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-31-11, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: E7 JP Blog"
Sarita, I know I have to see you at the live show so I hope you won’t be frustrated but this was the right move.

Sure sounds like he doesn't see her again before the live show even though he tries to cover that up a bit with his other remarks.

Sarita v. The Wonder Boy? Hmmm. Let me think for a minute. lol!

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-31-11, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: E7 JP Blog"
Thanks BlindFreddy for bringing this over. Jeff's references to David making big moves sure is interesting. I like him so I hope he does do something this week! I also just noticed in Jeff's Q&A on EW that he teases that this week's TC will leave people with their jaws on the floor. Hope he's right and it's not just hype.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/31/jeff-probst-episode-7-survivor-redemption-island/

04-21-11, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Ep 10 EW Q&A w/Jeff"
2 interesting tidbits:

- "The final episode will have eight people still vying for a shot at winning." (He also explains why they like having more than 2 people at a time on RI)

- Re next episode: "A twist at tribal council catches everybody off guard."

Here's the link: http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/04/21/jeff-probst-on-episode-10-of-survivor-redemption-island/

04-21-11, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 10 EW Q&A w/Jeff"
At? I'm trying to figure out is he is parsing "at" somehow. I could see how having to head into a double-boot Tribal would catch everyone off guard when they find out about it. But when do they find out about the twist? Two boots with only one II good for both? Seems like just a way to hurry up finish the Pagonging of Zap, how bad is it to be Ome and suddenly get to off two Zap? It could absolutely derail any insurrection plan if an insurrection gets to Tribal with only one boot planned, though.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-11, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "? Double boot at TC?"
yes, OFG speculated this first, possible Double boot at TC next episode? Here is a tweet that Jeff Probst ended with last night, after the show aired on the pacific side...

next week.. will Phillip find his shorts? And a big twist at tribal council!!

Yes, I think OFG has nailed it.

As for the 8 still in it at the end of the game, that svcks, imo. It will be pathetic if there is a bigger tribe on RI than in the game. That's not sounding too fair...it's almost like it's stacked against the folks that have avoided being voted out, and it should be the other way around....

Also, in the insider clips you could see Matt/Mike/David speculating if more than one person would be returned from RI at the end....????

04-21-11, 11:13 AM (EST)
13. "Ep 10 blog"
Jeff's trying something new this week, a "video blog" vs. the usual written one.

Unfortunately nothing here about the TC twist. The only interesting tidbits to me are:
- Acknowledgement of Natalie for saying it hurts her to see both Steve and Phillip feeling bad about their fight.
- Jeff says he'd be on the bandwagon to bring David back another season because he feels he has more game.
- Knocks Julie for hiding the shorts and taking joy in doing so.

http://www.www.jeffprobst.com/

04-21-11, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 10 blog"
Historical precedent makes this a very weird time for Jeff to finally start caring about what happens to a contestant's personal possessions.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-11, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 10 blog"
What could he say about TC: "I had to make sure no one on Ometepe would vote against Phillip?"

04-28-11, 10:49 AM (EST)
16. "Ep 11 EW Q&A"
Jeff's tease for next week:
"Now it will get interesting and the blindsides will begin because everybody thinks they’re safe. It’s crazy but it’s true. Not one of them thinks they are in trouble."

Other nuggets:
- "I’d say if you make it back from being sent to R.I., and then make it to the final, that feat alone is probably worthy of a win!...Bitter juries, undeserving winners… hey that’s why we always say it’s a microcosm of life!"

- "I’m more impressed with Rob’s ability to keep his alliance under his thumb. It’s a monumental task and it’s about to get really tough because now his own alliance becomes the enemy. It’s yet to be seen if his alliance will mount an attack against him. Up until now it wasn’t in their best interest. The alliance of six was masterful in how they stayed together. I doubt that will happen again for a long time."

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/04/28/jeff-probst-survivor-redemption-island-episode-11/

04-28-11, 12:16 PM (EST)
17. "Ep 11 Video Blog"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

Jeff defends Matt and says they never dreamed that RI could play out like this, with such a "likeable kid" and the faith parallels with the redemption theme.

He calls Grant's loyalty to Rob "crazy."

He thinks the Ome 6 are interesting and mentions several possible scenarios:
- The 5 could start talking and find out what Rob's been promising each of them
- The 3 women could team up
- Rob has an HII that no one else knows about (I find that hard to believe but who knows with the Rob-ots)
- Phillip the wild card could be playing everyone
(So can we assume at least 1 of these scenarios happens??? They all seem to spell trouble for Rob.)

He teases that the IC next week will be "kick-a" and have a "dramatic finish" and that someone will be blindsided.

ETA Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q2LebmO308&feature=share

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-29-11, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
I betcha if Grant doesn't know Rob has a HII, he at least suspects that he might, but is keeping that knowledge or suspicion under his hat till an opportunity arises to stir the crap against him. If he wins the next IC I think he needs to make a move on Rob immediately.

04-29-11, 00:46 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
Agree. They should all be thinking that if Rob doesn't have the HII he at least knows who does, because everyone is supposed to tell him everything.

Grant may think he's safe because he stays with Rob as much as possible. But from now on the immunity challenges are going to be hard core give it everything you've got.

04-29-11, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
Thanks for these links and tidbits!

The Insider clips of Ashley and Grant this week make it clear that up to now the Ometepe have been playing for an Ometepe to win and that's it. Ashley said it was just as well that Grant beat her, because she might not have beaten Ralph. Grant is a guy who plays challenges to win, I think that is his nature, but he's still talking like it's a team game.

Also, he was nervous about the twist last time, so in that sense he did want the protection.

I think Ashley will work harder for immunity now, and Natalie, but this will be a tough challenge for them.

Grant is thinking much more than the spa girls. He was all over that twist. Neither of them mentioned it. I expect Grant to go full bore from this point on, but he could still make the error of trusting Rob too much.

Blindsided ...

Phillip -- No, they don't want him out.
Andrea -- yes, she doesn't know she's on the block although she ought to.
Grant -- yes, but he should win this.
Rob -- doesn't feel like it's time yet, although god knows they should.
Ashley -- definite possibility
Natalie -- well, I think she is in the F3 because of her peculiar edit and the early Jeff comments reminiscent of his way with Natalie White.

My top two are Ashley and Andrea, although I think that if Grant doesn't win immunity he should be very afraid.

The main reason I don't think it's Andrea is that they didn't need to make her an obvious target last time as it was bound to ruin any suspense this time if it is her turn. As she didn't get a single vote, they could have hidden that plot line and thrown out some other misdirection.

Instead, they said she was definitely next, so someone else should go.
Ashley or Grant.

04-29-11, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
The main reason I don't think it's Andrea is that they didn't need to make her an obvious target last time as it was bound to ruin any suspense this time if it is her turn. As she didn't get a single vote, they could have hidden that plot line and thrown out some other misdirection.

I agree with your assessments except for this last part. TBTB had to bring up Rob & Grant's discussions about possibly voting out Andrea before either Ralph or Steve because that was the only suspense they had that entire episode (and really, the only suspense they have had about any of the TC votes since Matt was re-booted at merge). I'm not saying you're wrong that it isn't Andrea next week, but I wouldn't take her edit last episode as anything more than an attempt to make the viewers think that it wasn't going to be a straight-up Pagonging of the last 2 Zaps.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the predictable boot keeps happening. IMO that would be: Andrea & Grant as the next 2 & then Ashley and the RI returnee -- I'm thinking Matt
--depending on whether the returnee wins that first IC back in. That seems to be pretty much how most of the boots have played out.

And, btw, the only reason I'm saying Ashley & not Natalie is Rob saying Ashley wasn't going to be in F3 because of his fear that she befriended the Zaps.

04-29-11, 05:35 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
I agree they needed suspense badly.
You never can be sure what other conversations they could have shown. But you're right, I had sort of blanked on them putting the word out on Andrea's boot. That's more than spouting off in confession about getting rid of someone.

Why does Jeff have to keep hyping TC like something unusual will happen? I should know better than to listen to him, yet I fall for it.

04-29-11, 06:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-11 AT 07:00 AM (EST)

I am thinking so far along the same lines as you, Kiki. Last week Rob and Grant wanted Andrea gone before the Zaps. Grant seemed to initiate it. They even shared their thinking with Ashley and Natalie. So, they mostly know that the next one to go should be Andrea.

Knowing the boot order ahead of time should make them all but Andrea and Rob confident for this week....But, as I started to suspect last week, when and if Grant doesn't win immunity they need to boot him, or he's a threat to literally run away with it.

It sure doesn't look like Andrea wins it this week. So, unless Grant doesn't win the IN, she should be toast. Andrea could have a far more significant role on RI, for all we know...integral to Matt's rebirth or some such storyline like that perhaps....Andrea got a big spike in confessionals this last episode, so her story arc appears to be in full gear...just noting.

Of course with just one promo so far to go on, things could change...

But, I wanted to edit, that I couldn't help but to notice all of the shots of Ashley stuck in the preview promo, and a red flag came up right away, as OFG noted she suspects Ashley as well.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
...they didn't need to make (Andrea) an obvious target last time as it was bound to ruin any suspense this time if it is her turn...they said she was definitely next, so someone else should go.

I agree, and it seems to me the only way it won't be Andrea is if Rob changes his mind, or if what Rob wants to happen doesn't happen (or both).

One possibility for the latter is that, against Rob's wishes, Ashley, Grant, Andrea and Natalie get together and decide to boot Phillip. They're all sick of him. But the previews are showing Phillip the way they always do, there's no suggestion that he might be in any more danger this week. And anyway, I think Phillip will be in the F3.

I think Grant will narrowly beat out Rob to win the IC. That leaves Ashley and Natalie. If the other four sense Natalie's closeness to Rob and are aware that she's a tattletale, they might decide to team up and boot her, which would definitely be a blindside to both her and Rob.

I've been getting the vibe that Natalie may be next, ever since the focus on her during the cake incident and her crying shots in the previews. We've never seen her reacting to anything (other than Phillip) previously. She's had no story whatsoever other than that she's glued to Rob. If the other four decide it's time to weaken Rob and suspect he may have an HII, taking Natalie out is a good plan.

What bothers me with that is Grant should still be pushing for Andrea this week. But Grant might reconsider if Rob goes against Grant and sets his sights on someone else, for example, Ashley.

I don't see an Ashley boot happening unless Rob is in on it -- he did mention that he wanted to boot her after the Ralph incident so that could conceivably rear its head again. I don't see Natalie being up for booting Ashley unless it's what Rob wants to do. An Ashley vote could be a unanimous vote.

Anyway, for me the two likeliest boot candidates are Natalie and Ashley. I also think it's highly probable that Rob will play his idol this week, from the "one castaway exhausts all efforts to ensure their safety" clue.

04-30-11, 08:52 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-11 AT 09:07 AM (EST)

Really nice thoughts, BR! I really love hearing how the Roach mind is thinking. All great speculation. Last week they showed us Grant and Rob coming to an agreement for an Andrea boot. She was too nice to the other tribe and she's good in challenges. They relayed this choice to Ashley and Natalie as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Phillip got wind of it also. I think this will make them more confident for this week. They already have a boot choice for the first of the Ome's to go.

But, as you and OFG noted, calling out Andrea last week makes us think that it won't be her this week. I agree with you that the only way it won't be Andrea, is if Rob changes his mind, or if what Rob wants to happen doesn't. (Andrea wins IC???)

Phillip is clearly a boot choice. And, we know that Ash especially cannot stand him. The problem with this is that going into this episode they still appear to be a very unified group. I just can't see them going against Rob at this point. And, I don't see them cutting Rob loose yet either. In fact, I don't think he'll even need to play his HII yet...(I will interject here though, that if they did, it would indeed be thrilling!)

But, let's entertain some ideas....How many times have we heard Phillip noting he wants to change things and get rid of Rob, but "now is not the time for that"....Could Phillip devise a plan? We do hear Rob speculating about crazy Phillip, he's not that good, is he? He's been "pretending", and what's with the "it's brilliant strategy"...will he even want to boot Rob at this point? He could coast in to the f3 with Rob, and make his argument.

I agree that it looks like Rob narrowly loses the IC to Grant. Grant's safe. Grant/Nat/Phillip will all vote with Rob, imo. I agree that Nat has no story other than coat tail rider. But, I don't think Grant would join with Ash/Andrea to vote her out...or, at this point it's too great of a leap for me.

Grant is the one that really needs to step up here and shake it up. He is safe, so now IS his time to do it. He needs to rally peeps to take out Rob. But, there is NO hint of anything like that in the promo...we see Grant having one confessional about the priceless family visit. We don't see paranoia, really. Grant could get Ash and Andrea in with him, I think. But, I don't know if he could get Phillip or Nat...the best case scenario would be a tie, imo...would Grant be bold enough to do this now??? (I love you, Rob!)

Let's look at someone else....perhaps Ashley could step up and start plotting to take out Rob. If Rob gets wind of it, she'll definitely be toast.

Ashley, is more of a viable candidate as you noted, Rob said she wouldn't be in the final 3 thanks to Ralph. I do think Nat would boot Ash anytime, as she knows they all have to go at some point.

I just can't get past Andrea. She is a sweet girl, she was nice to the Zaps, she's good in challenges, AND, she is the one connected to Matt.I agree though, if someone steps up and begins to plot a Rob boot, and one of the loyal minions tells Rob, then that would save Andrea for another day.

From Rob's perspective, he'd most like to land in the finals with either of the 2 lazy spa girls, or Phillip. He just may have to take Grant, if Grant never loses the IN. The only one that is left that could be a threat is indeed Andrea, imo.

food for thought...

04-30-11, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
I may be thinking Natalie more because I want her to leave than because I really think she will. It does seem like a stretch.

I'm not ruling Andrea out completely as the next boot. As Kiki pointed out, they kind of had to show her being targetted this past episode for what little suspense it provided -- otherwise there would have been none. I think Andrea could make F3 from her editing. But on the other hand the culmination of her story with Matt could be that she reconciles with him at RI and then votes for him to win.

But I keep feeling that the early conversation between Phillip and Andrea has to come back into play. There was no point in showing it if it doesn't. Phillip may try to plan something this week and get Andrea in on it. Maybe they will actually target Rob, get Ashley and Grant on board somehow, and then Rob plays his idol and Andrea gets idol-bounced? That would at least cast Andrea's exit in a slightly different light from the way she was being targeted last week.

I don't think Rob is sure who he wants at the end with him besides Phillip. When he said Philip was Public Enemy No. 1 he said he still had to figure out who to make Public Enemy No. 2, but previously he had said Natalie would be in the F3. Natalie may still be his best bet. She certainly couldn't make any case to the jury that she deserves to win it more than Rob.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-11, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ep 11 Video Blog"
(Natalie) certainly couldn't make any case to the jury that she deserves to win it more than Rob.

To that end, it was his undoing last time as well.
Phillip, Andrea, Ashley and Grant could see Natalie as the best bet to upset his game. (Or that she may just win if taken to the finals with Rob. He will be making lots of enemies.)
It's just a matter of getting those 4 together, to plot and to stick to a vote strategy. That's what I see is the biggest problem with Natalie being booted this week.
I too believe Andrea is getting groomed for F3 but at this moment I'm ready to resign myself that some other scenario might play out for her. I don't want to believe it (and I will inevitably protest vote) but it seems she is a goner.
*crossing fingers*

05-05-11, 09:26 AM (EST)
28. "Ep 12 video blog"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCePXErDix0&feature=feedu

Jeff thinks Steve wanted food so threw the duel challenge. He says Mike made a "brilliant move" -- that you wouldn't want to give your RI competitors a leg up by allowing them a family visit, and to take the visit for himself would have been stupid. He believes Mike did it because of his faith, but that it also conveniently worked out to be a smart strategic decision too.

He says Rob might have been milking it a bit at the IC to help get jury votes, but says his collapse was real. He says the Dream Teamers who are well-fed and well-rested were "destroyed" by that challenge.

Jeff says Rob is guaranteed F4 now since he has the HII and no one knows about it, but his only problem could be if he gets too cocky. (Jeff actually misspeaks and says "immunity necklace" but I'm assuming he means HII -- although who knows, maybe it's a slip that Rob wins the next IC too.)

Oh, and Jeff loves RI but we already knew that .

05-05-11, 09:49 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Ep 12 video blog"
Jeff also noted that the next show was THURSDAY, and then the finale....was this an error? It's Wednesday, right?

Definitely, when he mentioned the Immunity Necklace he meant to say the HII.

Rob, at the end of that challenge, imo, was not working it. I have seen well nourished, well hydrated high school football players drop like flies with cramping and dehydration. Clearly, Rob was severely dehydrated. Did you see how SOAKED he left the deck when he layed down before he got water....he lost gallons of water weight with that challenge. He was so close to really requiring medical assistance, imho. But, Jiffy spun the moment as Rob was brilliant to act that way...blah, blah...

05-05-11, 04:53 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ep 12 video blog"
Yes, it's definitely Wednesday.

I agree, Rob was truly dehydrated. It didn't even occur to me while I watched that he was milking it, but I have heard lots of people saying that today and also that Jeff was OTT with his man-crush on Rob.

Eliza's tweet on this issue was funny:

Eliza Orlins
Oh my GOD. Rob. Get over yourself. Andrea and Grant lost by seconds and neither of them were acting like that. #Survivor

(She also said she's over the "Jesus people.")

05-06-11, 01:29 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Ep 12 video blog"
If Rob went into the challenge dehydrated, he would end up in worse shape than the others. I think Rob is particular about food. He only eats the crispy rice and nothing else, right? No fish.

He may not like to drink that nasty water.
hey, I don't even like to drink the tap water where I live because of the taste, and because of that I don't drink enough water. Rob may not be drinking enough.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-11, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep 12 video blog"
... and that could have an impact on who to boot next time, meaning he needs Grant around for the next two ICs to take care of the RI returnee before he hopefully regains his strength to defeat Grant himself at the F4 IC.

05-06-11, 11:15 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Ep 12 video blog"
But he doesn't know when someone will be returning, for all he knows they have to go down to 3 before someone returns.

Stupid twist, they could run it straight into the F3 if they wanted.

05-06-11, 07:54 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Ep 12 video blog"
Eliza's tweet was extremely ignorant. She has no idea, as she has no medical background. She has no baseline as to which of them were more hydrated than the next. Also, people vary in how much they sweat. Some folks are more prone to cramping and excess water loss, (cramping is a symptom of the dehydration) especially when the temperatures are extreme.

I am not sticking up for Rob here, I'm sticking up for people in trouble medically. I would have reacted to this tweet about any one of them that had physical problems after that performance. There are young, vibrant children in their teens that drop dead in summer football programs all over the country due to dehydration and excessive water-loss. Anyone of those people could have reacted the same way, look how far the professional basketball player got...and she's 10 years younger...his body was spent but he refused to slow down...

Eliza comes across as an ignorant girl who can easily make flip and uninformed comments from the confines of her living room couch...stick to the law, Eliza!

05-07-11, 01:18 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Ep 12 video blog"
well said, FP!

and wacked out electrolyte balance matters too!

It's too bad there aren't any bananas there. I seem to recall that the body needs renewed potassium on a daily basis, and sweats out potassium. They don't have any salt for their rice either, do they?

I really think they ought to give these people Gatorade or something like it if they're going to push them this hard. White rice and water is really unhealthy and the challenges are brutal.

The original season had pretty lightweight challenges, and it was more in line with the activity level of what people might do who were shipwrecked.

05-07-11, 11:03 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Ep 12 video blog"
Certainly the RI challenges have not been taxing , but I agree that once the heat index reaches a certain point, they should provide the players with something a little more if they're going to do such a grueling challenge. They've already broken the "purist" approach by given them chairs, tools, tarp, etc. so what's wrong with a Gatorade if it's 110 degrees. You would think that CBS Legal would have been on top of this liability issue after the Nice Russell incident. E.g., Where I live, the high schools have put some restrictions in place on summer sports practices after several football deaths were in the news.

P.S. Noticed TDT also thought Rob was milking it:

Nice acting again, Grandpa Mariano.

Crying, I-need-to-win Rob was at least slightly more believable than crying, I-swear-I-just-passed-out Rob
4 May

05-11-11, 02:07 PM (EST)
37. "Jeff on The Talk"
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_23/2011_May_11_probst_locations

Jeff says that Phillip is bringing proof that he was a Federal Agent to the Reunion Show.

They're running out of places to host Survivor -- which must be a preface for the Samoa announcement.

He also promises a "bunch of blindsides" and a "massacre" coming up. Massacre = someone wins big and decisively in the jury vote? Or "massacre" in that someone is slaughtered during the game? Either way, probably just hype.

05-11-11, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Jeff on The Talk"
I watched this and wow, it's surprising that even that much info came out of JP.
He played a masterful game of avoidance and was often caught asking the ladies questions.
Granted it all started with a JP assessment of each of the ladies chances on Survivor (for which he said Lea Remini would never win, for which Lea of course got a bit upset about.)
... ultimately ended up "giving the win" to Julie Chen, based purely on her marriage to Les Moonves.

Thankfully, he didn't ask any of them if they would want to be on the show, so at least if a "celebrity edition" of Survivor were to film NONE of these ladies would be asked to be on it.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-11, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Jeff on The Talk"
The Massacre could take place at the final RI Challenge, if all three boots are the last three Zaps in the game. Andrea goes this week, and Matt wins the finale duel on RI...a "massacre" of last three Zaps.

Krautboy

05-11-11, 07:19 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Jeff on The Talk"
I don't think that's it. Obviously they are going to be aware that it's do or die time, and someone will win, three will lose.

I think Jeff is talking about the Ometepe alliance death throes. It's very confusing wording. One at a time is hardly a massacre.

What I think he might mean is that at least three people who currently believe they are a shoe in for the finals will have their game blow up in their face.

Not Phillip, and not the returnee, is what I think.

Unless Jeff simply refers to Boston Rob executing his allies ... which it could be, but that's not in the least bit interesting other than seeing how he handles Grant.

I think Grant will be big. I imagine that Grant feels really solid for the end at this point.

05-12-11, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Jeff on The Talk"
Well, if "a bunch of blindsides" are coming, we just saw the first with Grant...more to come? Who is the next?

05-12-11, 01:59 AM (EST)
42. "Ep 13 blog"
http://www.jeffprobst.com/2011/05/12/survivor-redemption-island-episode-13-51111/

Jeff sure seems to be hinting at a possible bitter jury. And very interesting how he slams Natalie after pimping her earlier in the season.

"Will the jury be a bunch of bitter bitches intent on punishing the most deserving and rewarding the least offensive? It certainly wouldn’t be the first time. Jury management- it’s the most critical element to this game.....I hope the jury rewards the best player, we’re due for a decent winner. Here’s my take on deserving/undeserving.

Boston Rob – Hands down the most deserving player… if he can make it to the end. Big IF.

Matt – If Matt gets off Redemption Island and makes it to the end I think he has a good shot of winning simply based on the “underdog” vote. However, if I was in the final against Matt, I’d make a strong case that while he may be the best “dueler” he is clearly the worst player and therefore not deserving of the money.

Mike – If Mike makes it to the end, he wins. Period. Doesn’t matter who he is up against, the Zapatera jury will find their inner bitc# and reward it to their former tribemate. Rob’s worst nightmare is Mike gets back in the game.

Grant – If Grant makes it, he could make a case for the money. If he’s up against Natalie and Phillip he wins. Ashley or Rob will give him a run for his money and make for a very interesting final tribal council.

Ashley – If Ashley continues to win her way to the end, she will have a very strong case. I would definitely consider voting for her for the money, unless she was up against Rob.

Natalie – Can’t win. If Natalie wins, then the jury should be taken to a small stream and dunked repeatedly until their bellies fill with guppies. I think Natalie did a good job and probably learned a lot about strategy from her mentor. But it’s not nearly enough.

Andrea – The dark horse. Although she didn’t play the best game, she played a pretty decent game and I think she got better with each passing day. If Andrea can get to the end against Ashley and Natalie or Phillip she wins."

Phillip – If Phillip wins, it means that we will have witnessed one of the most amazing final episodes in the history of our show. The only way he wins is if he reveals that his “former federal agent” and everything that came with it was all a big con.

05-12-11, 11:17 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Ep 13 blog"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-11 AT 11:19 AM (EST)

OT but can I just say how disgusted I am that Jeff used the words "bitter b!tches" & "inner b!tch" -- I am sick & tired of the casual sexism of people using that word. Please note that Jeff is using it to describe men -- because any man who is "bitter" is being like a woman. EFF JEFF.

05-12-11, 12:59 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Ep 13 blog"
Agree. Plus he's dumping on the Zapatera for voting for a Zapatera even though people usually vote for someone from their original tribe if they have the chance. That's what people do.

Not to mention that Rob was the one responsible for the Ometepe tribe ostracizing the Zapatera tribe.

And, honestly, fourth time in the game, Rob has forgotten that it isn't just a game, it is an adventure. The demoralization campaign was just mean.

05-12-11, 10:05 AM (EST)
43. "Ep 13 EW Q&A"
http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/12/jeff-probst-epsiode-13-survivor-redemption-island/

Eight people are still vying for the million dollars as we head into Sunday night. Time for a double tease! Tease us up for both the finale and the reunion show.
Here’s the deal…for the first time in a long time, we head into a season finale with a lot of possible winners. This so rarely happens, I find it very exciting. Lots of people to root for…or against. It all depends who makes it to the final Tribal Council. Matt could win. Andrea could win. Ashley could win. Rob could win. Grant could win. Natalie — not sure if she could pull it off. Phillip is a wild card — depends how he would handle final Tribal. If he pulls off a mask and this was all a put-on, he could win. And if Mike makes it back into the game and to the final, he may be the favorite because he has a lot of friends on the jury. It’s one of the most unpredictable situations I can remember having this late in the show.
-------

Interesting that he disses Natalie again.

05-12-11, 02:35 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A"
Jeff knows what happens at the final TC, so his comments can't help but be influenced by the actual results...do his comments about Natalie suggest that she was one of the finalists, but probably didn't get any votes, or does it suggest that she ended up on the jury, bitter and resentful of Rob.

Jeff obviously wants Rob to win, but his comments suggest that a bitter jury may not reward Rob, who in his mind is the most deserving player.

Krautboy

05-13-11, 01:16 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-11 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

I think Jeff rewarded Rob by making him the uncontested star of the show. As Stephen Fishbach pointed out in his blog, everytime anyone does anything interesting...Rob gets a confessional. Or three. It borders on being ludicrous, if Rob is actually the winner.

For the moment I can't decide if Rob is in the Final 3 and loses or is taken out at F4.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-11, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A"
For the moment I can't decide if Rob is in the Final 3 and loses or is taken out at F4.

I was debating that too BR but I think Jiffy's blog about a bitter jury means Rob is in F3 and doesn't win again bc of a bitter jury and I think Andrea is the swing vote for Matt to win...the guilt of Matt and the betrayal of Rob highlighted.

05-13-11, 11:22 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A"
but how do Matt and Rob both make it to F3? (is my question)

05-14-11, 00:18 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Ep 13 EW Q&A"
If Matt wins IC and Rob convinces his two kool-ade kids to vote against each other, so that Matt's vote for Rob is moot and Rob's vote for the sacrificial kool-ade kid decides who goes to the jury, they both get to FTC. If the kool-ade kids are that lame they all deserve to lose.

I kinda disagree with the notion mentioned above of Andrea voting for Matt out of any kind of guilt. He messed things up for his own self and threw her under the bus in the process, she has no guilt in this. That's not to say she wouldn't vote for him, but that's not why.

05-14-11, 04:54 PM (EST)
51. "Does Rob make the F3?"
There are still a few things Jeff said that are nagging at me...

Earlier in the season he mentioned that S22 was one of the top 5 seasons. If Rob plays the perfect game and goes on to finally win Redemption Island, wouldn't it be one of the best season's ever, in his mind? Top 5 sound's like Rob get's close but doesn't win.

The other quote made just before Grant's blindside, said there are still a "bunch of blindside to come, and a massacre? Grant was the first blindside, but at F5 would the elimination of Matt or Ashley really be considered a blindside?

The only players who's elimination can be considered a blindside are Rob, Natalie or Phillip.

A massacre would be if both of the stars were eliminated and the F3 consisted of Matt, Ashley and Natalie...

What else would Jeff describe as a massacre?

Krautboy

05-14-11, 05:36 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Does Rob make the F3?"
The final duel in which three losers get sent to the jury could be the massacre.

05-14-11, 05:39 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Does Rob make the F3?"
The final vote scenario where one person wins in a landslide. A Vote massacre.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-11, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Does Rob make the F3?"
>The other quote made just before
>Grant's blindside, said there are
>still a "bunch of blindside
>to come, and a massacre?

Just to clarify, what Probst actually said was "We have an episode on Wednesday and then on Sunday. And there's a bunch of blindsides about to take place. A massacre."

I think it's important to differentiate what we would consider a blindside from what each individual player would consider a blindside. At this point, any of Phillip, Natalie or Ashley being voted out would be considered a blindside, for different reasons. Phillip is convinced that Rob wants him in F3 as a goat. Natalie is banking of Rob's assurances to take her to F3. As for Ashley, with Grant gone, she may feel less leery of Rob, though Nat's words to her in the preview suggest Ashley is not convinced. In the end, though, it's not whether the boot is actually a blindside, but rather whether it's edited as such.

As for the top five season comment, the interesting fact is that Probst has not made that pronouncement since the season started, and certainly not of late. Since he already knew the result when he made the initial comment, I doubt that it had anything to do with the winner. Probst was very high on the Redemption Island concept. Remember that he had also claimed if the audience didn't love the RI twist by E6 he would quit. When you take into account how RI played out (I mean, really, if you wrote a Matt character that way in a series, people would laugh), plus the drama surrounding Russell's final words, he probably thought people would eat it up. He seems genuinely taken aback that people are not more on board with it.

05-14-11, 06:38 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Does Rob make the F3?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-11 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

Probst was very high on the Redemption Island concept. Remember that he had also claimed if the audience didn't love the RI twist by E6 he would quit. When you take into account how RI played out (I mean, really, if you wrote a Matt character that way in a series, people would laugh), plus the drama surrounding Russell's final words, he probably thought people would eat it up. He seems genuinely taken aback that people are not more on board with it.

Aw, yes -- the most satisfying aspect of this season has been Probst defending this bullsh!t RI twist on twitter. I've literally been LMAO every week reading his tweets that FloPo is kind enough to transcribe for us here -- I love them so much I seriously considered getting a twitter account to harass Jeffy myself about it -- but the vast majority out there are saving me the trouble.

eta: just to be OT -- Jeff blows everything out of proportion, IMO: Andrea was a blindside (well, to her it was, not to us); Grant (granted, it was a blindside to me as well but only up until Ashley won the IC; at that point I knew it was Grant, even if he didn't & was actually blindsided at TC), so I take his "blindsides and a massacre" comments with a grain of salt. Just like the TC that as supposed to be so "explosive" and a "water cooler moment." He's an exec producer of Survivor now, so he has a vested interesting in hyping it. Maybe the "massacre" is nothing more than the RI returnee losing the first IC & everybody booting his a$$ to Ponderosa tout suite without the slightest hesitation or even attempting to use him to pull off an upset. Maybe Ashley is a blindside with Natalie "promising" her it is the 3 of them. Whatever it is, it is no were near as dramatic as Jeff says it is.

05-16-11, 03:17 PM (EST)
56. "Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"
I think it’s too soon to tweak Redemption Island in any major way. So many things could have played out differently. For instance, 90% of the time when someone like Andrea comes back in the last episode, the three girls turn on Rob and take over the game. It is also unlikely anyone will ever dominate Redemption like Matt did. The only question I have is should we end the season with 8 people again or should be lose more people from Redemption Island as we go. So when we have a 3 person duel, the bottom two would be sent home and only the winner remain. I will discuss this with Mark and CBS now that the season has concluded and we’ll make a decision. Other than that I expect it to stay the same way.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/16/jeff-probst-finale-survivor-redemption-island/

----------

So sounds like RI is definitely staying post-merge.

05-16-11, 03:29 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"
Do you ever get the impression that Jeff hasn't talked to an actual viewer in about six years?

05-16-11, 03:38 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"
LOL Estee. We all knew he was going forward with RI no matter what the fans say. And I love how he tweets and tells people they're wrong when they disagree with him.

Actually, I could live with some form of RI (just like the HII) but it's the 2 returning players in the mix that I really dislike. Winning after 3 or 4 chances against a bunch of newbies just doesn't seem like a great victory to me.

05-16-11, 06:13 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"
Most of the major hosts have evolved into one-person extremist political parties. 'If you don't agree with everything I say, then you're not a real American fan!'

I feel RI needs serious tweaks. The lack of jury time for the eventual losers was a major issue, some form of automatic U-turn protection arguably needs to be instituted, and the endless disruption of airplay schedule went beyond annoying in the first week. Combined challenges as a steady diet don't work -- but as long as you keep getting duels through quadruels, that's all we're going to have.

As for returnees... if it's Benji vs. Phillip, then Jeff will have a whole new set of complaints to ignore. What MB wants to see isn't what a lot of the viewers are willing to put up with -- but he works by the Ankh-Morpork One Man, One Vote system. He's The Man and he casts The Vote. All we can do is not watch.

Of course, if twenty million more of us don't watch, he's in just a little bit of trouble.

05-16-11, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"
If they keep RI after merge, they should introduce a new twist and let the players in the game spend a night at Ponderosa. Or better yet, have a shelter next door where the jury stays. Andrea was smart to lie about what the jury was thinking but it is totally unfair.

RI, if we are going to be subjected to it again, should end just before the jury starts.

It hasn't been 20 million since around Palau. 12 million is closer nowadays

05-16-11, 09:14 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"
I was thinking the same thing when I watched last night -- smart move on Andrea's part, but this is part of the problem with a post-merge RI returnee mingling with the jury. Of course now we know that the spa girls didn't go along because they knew Rob had the HII, but if they didn't know that, would they have been swayed by what the jury was saying?

Bottom line, it appears that SEG doesn't care about the jury factor. In the post-Russell era they apparently think they need more gimmicks and repeat players to get the ratings.

P.S. In watching the latest Ponderosa clips, it's clear that even David was rooting for Mike, Matt or Grant to make it to the F3.

05-16-11, 05:54 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"
It is kind of a bust to be touting "Eight people are still in it!" when three of them are going to be out of it before the 20-minute mark.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-18-11, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"

The problem with Jeff's quote there is that it completely ignores the fact that there are 14 episodes and that the editing of the first 13 largely has already told us who is going to be in the Finals.

Just because someone is technically still in the game doesn't mean they have a chance to win. That would be to assume that we are all first time viewers, which at this point I would guess that 95% of the audience is NOT, or simply not paying attention to what the editing is telling us.

For instance, Brett going on an IC run at the end of Samoa did not add any excitement to the end of that season. The editing had already made it CRYSTAL clear that Brett was not making the Finals.

Grant won ICs and was key in winning tribal challenges throughout the season, and yet, he was rewarded with a confessional after virtually none of them. He had what? his brother visit him during the family visit? I don't even remember because they never gave Grant a word. In other words, it was very clear by the final episode that Grant was not making the Finals.

What was Mike's personal story besides finding God with Matt? He had none. He was not making the Finals either.

Ashley was rarely given a confessional that wasn't about Phillip. The editing made her look bad in the beginning. Her family visit was also completely glossed over. She was not making the Finals.

Andrea had no story. She had Matt, which production was so eager to push that JP even hounded her about their relationship at Reunion. Who visited Andrea during the family visit? I don't even know. She was never making the Finals.

So, in reality, if you were following along, there were only 4 people who had a chance to win in the final episode: Rob, Natalie, Phillip, and Matt. And of course, it isn't like Natalie and Phillip had much chance.

>

05-18-11, 06:41 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"
Nice to see you here, Iltarion!

If you visit Veruca's thread, you will see that I saw Rob as the winner when he didn't get a confessional after learning that Russell had been eliminated. It told me that Rob was looking for a bigger win. Still, I read many very compelling arguments in favor of Andrea. She did have a story outside of Matt because she had that "deal" with Phillip. I kept saying that it was more to show that Phillip was a windbag than to say that Andrea had game but she did have enough to be the player returning from RI. That was enough to worry me a little until Ashley won that F5 IC.

Mike also had a nice story that could have been enough if he had gone on an IC run at the end. Brett had no story but Mike had a lot of substance in comparison.

Ashley herself had been given enough confessionals during rewards that she could have been considered an outsider. If she had won that last immunity, her run would have been very reminiscent of Jenna's and it could have been enough to justify a winning story. A stretch sure but, in editing, nothing is ever 100% certain.

I wish you post your editing observations next year.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-18-11, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Jeff's Finale Q&A with EW"

It is nice to be here. I have found a lot of very interesting information in here since the season is over. Obviously, my concern during the season is spoilers. Even if people aren't intentionally spoiling, they often can read the editing so dang well that it is basically the same thing. This season I could have made an exception since this was essentially the "prophetic" season, with probably the easiest to read edit ever. I mean, in what other season do you start out an episode with a player (Steve) telling us that another player is going home at the end (Stephanie), and then it happens!

I have already stated this a couple times, but I imagine you noticed that I believed the family visit clearly gave us the F3. If Ashley, Andrea or Grant really were the winner, don't you think we would have seen them spend time with their family? None of those three got a word.

Mike was ignored WAY too much during the tribal portion of the game for me to believe he could win. Remember when Russell was booted? Steve completely owned that episode. Mike got like one short confessional. Now, there are past winners who I felt the same about (weak tribal edit), including Parvati in Micronesia and Sandra in H v. V, but we are talking about Mike here: a good looking, smart, ex-Marine, Iraq veteran. If he was the winner, he would have gotten a very heavy edit.

Matt's edit was completely spiritual. Nothing more.

With everything I've heard since, I have to pat myself on the back, or indicate how blatant the edit was, by pointing out how accurately I predicted things this time around, which is a rarity for me.

I predicted that the Omes would ultimately gain control of the game. Yeah, no brainer.
I predicted the F3 after the family visit.
I predicted that Andrea would be immediately booted again if she came back from RI.
I predicted that the members of Rob's alliance likely knew or at least suspected that he had the HII. There is simply no way they all go the whole season without wondering about the HII.
I predicted that Phillip's ruse about having some "secret FTC strategy" would only serve to introduce SOME suspense into the FTC, and ultimately amount to nothing.
I also suggested that Rob's alliance stuck with him partially because they believed they could beat him. Their post interviews are confirming that.

So, yeah, good season by me, or incredibly simple edit. Or both.

>

09-15-11, 11:45 AM (EST)
66. "RE: JeffProbst.com"
Did jeff stop blogging?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-11, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: JeffProbst.com"
He's reverted to using touts (see the tout thread).

Prediction: it'll go up in flames by about mid-season and he'll be back blogging by then. Or he'll just stop yapping about the show altogether.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •