The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-11, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-11 AT 08:17 AM (EST)

WELCOME BACK TO SURVIVOR BLOWS.........WARNING......LONG POST AHEAD!!!!!!

S22, Survivor: Redemption Island

Welcome back everyone! It's great to get this ball rolling! Welcome to the first SOTS of the season! Just a quick reminder that it's a great time for all of us here at Blows to go back and give our guidelines the once over, they really are the reason we all have such a fun, exciting, and CIVIL board. As in the immortal words of S1 Colleen, Be nice and play fair!

Now, let the game BEGIN!!! The Nicaragua location was spoiled, I think, prior to S21, most likely by Missyea/Jim Early. The idea for the Redemption Island Theme came as far back as Robfadda's boot episode in S20, Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, when Jiffy noted in his blog:

My therapist says that time heals everything, but I’m not sure how much time it will take to heal this loss. I miss him already. I miss the battle. Russell vs. Boston Rob will go down as one of the greatest battles of all time. I want them back. Now. We should do an entire season centered around Boston Rob vs. Russell. Give them some war clubs, put them in a gladiator ring....

The promos are written, the audience would be there. Right? If I told you right now that next season we’d have Russell and Rob back again, wouldn’t you be intrigued?
Okay, enough of my clear favoritism!

We have always said that Jiffy tells us EVERYTHING in his blog...pay attention! We also were witness to the challenge at the Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains reunion show when Rob said that he would gladly kick his a$$ all over the Island...

Here’s the story of how it began according to Jiffy and company, but we know that it really began with the early boot of Boston Rob, and Jiffy threw the bone out to us on April 2, 2010 in his blog.

The Reunion Show for S21: Survivor: Nicaragua gave us the introduction to S22 Survivor: Redemption Island, and Jiffy himself explains the new twist, the biggest twist in Survivor history! You can see the preview here.

Before we get onto Spoilers for the season, let's start with our cast introduction, and hear what Jiffy has to say regarding each and every one of them...First of all, DanieuBleau from Survivor Skills posted some early vidcaps from S22, noting the tribal colors of orange and purple. Mypoody2 from Survivor Sucks gets the credit for spoiling the tribe names of Zapatera and Ometepe.

MEET THE CAST

Click on the Survivor pics below to see their CBS bios....

OMETEPE

Andrea

21 year old University of Wisconsin student, raised on farm, fishes, camps, tough cookie, "Barbie". Jeff says she may break the young, pharmaceautical sales mold, who doesn’t make a big splash but makes it toward the end. “She has something else going on.”

Ashley

25 year old from Benton, Maine, currently is a nurse by education, owns a coffee business, formerly was college and professional basketball player, former Miss Maine and competed in Miss USA, not a "stupid bimboo pageant girl". Jeff says that he has high hopes for her. She’s a pageant girl, she’ll help her tribe in challenges, she’s attractive, and she can contribute, “your chances for staying alive as long as you have men in your tribe are very high.”

Francesca

36 year old attorney from Washington DC, currently in LA, gave everyone a nickname, trash talker, "mean girl", socially smart...Jeff says that she is a big beaming light of energy and he likes her mouth the most, has nick names for everyone, “hopefully she is as spirited on the show as she was when we met her in casting.”

Grant

29 year old, West Hollywood, CA, former NFL player ~ 5 years, currently Yoga instructor, wants to take the middle of the road approach. Jeff says he is “an interesting dude”. He’s a former NFL player turned yoga instructor and has that “vibe” about him. Jiffy doesn’t know which is the real guy...the competitive side of him, or will the well-balanced, nurturing, let’s all get along, yoga side come out? “If he can blend the two, he could do very well.”

Kristina

46 year old mom from Malibu, CA, currently a law student, "pit bull". Jeff says that she is another favorite. She has enthusiasm of someone that’s lived a while and says, “you know what, I’m gonna live a different way, is infectious”....She’ll play a tough game and might be one to make some big moves to try to win.

Matt

22 year old Lipscomb University pre-med student, "adventure-sucker", wants to portray the "goofy blonde kid", will play the social game for a million $$. Jeff says that he reminds him of Fabio, but they couldn’t be more different. He likes him because he seems pretty introspective, under the smile might be a mask hiding a wolf...

Natalie

19 year old Acton, CA professional dancer, she's the "baby", "nice-girl", can be sneaky and flirtacious. Jeff says that she’s so young he’s surprised she’s on the show, but she impressed them with her gumption. She’ll know how to dig deep, she’s a wild card!

Phillip

52 year old from Santa Monica, CA, served for 4 years in military, then Special Services, currently a technology executive. Jeff says that he’s going to be in or out. “He has a line he’s planning to lay on his tribe....he used to have access to all these secrets”....Jeff thinks, “good luck to you”, will people buy it?

Rob

35 years old, Pensacola, FL, played the game 3 previous times, "good worker, good in challenges, benefits the team", at the core, he's still the Robfadda, he's good! Jeff says that the fascinating thing about Boston Rob is that he started out as a villain, and somehow transformed into a hero...

ZAPATERA

David

31 year old defense attorney from West Hollywood, CA, highest IQ ever to play the game, has the ability to size the competition up...Jeff says that David holds the record for the highest IQ ever on Survivor. Defense attorney for high profile cases in LA, and Jiffy asked him, “how do you defend someone who is guilty?” David replied, “I never ask them if they are guilty.” Jeff says that that gives us some insight into how he’ll play the game...

Julie

50 year old from Oceanside, CA, firefighter, newly divorced with custody of 2 kids, house in foerclosure, here to win the $$, will get along with the guys, but have an issue with the girls. Jeff says that he likes her. She is a no BS kind of woman. Stocky build, may have been a body builder, enthusiasm.

Krista

25 year old, Natalie look-a-like, Columbia, SC, true Southerner from Alabama, can get dirty, pharmaceutical rep, pageant-girl, team player. Jeff says she’s a question mark. If she folds it won’t surprise him, and if she turns out to be a really strong pillar on her tribe, it won’t surprise him either.

Mike

31 year old, Del Mar, CA, former Naval Academy graduate, former Marine, Survivor is a "psychology experiment". Jeff says he’s “Captain America”. Good looking, nice to talk to, a strategy player, asks what are the rules and how can he exploit them. That’s how Jiffy would approach the show as well. This won’t be about friends, it’s about a million dollars. Could make it far and has the social skills to win.

Ralph

44 year old, Lebanon, VA, farmer, "They will love me!", enjoy life, Jeff Probst's going to laugh his a$$ off, "if you've got 'em smiling, they can't be too mad at you!" Jeff says that hands down he is his favorite new survivor. He loved him the minute he walked in. He is a hard worker, he’s got a girlfriend, he still takes care of his wife, he built the house from scratch, he works a full time job and runs a farm. He’s got hair everywhere, what more do you want from someone on Survivor?

Sarita

36 year old, Santa Monica, CA, Visual Effects Producer, grew up in yurt, hippie-like up-bringing, "resourceful", divorced, "controlling". Jeff says that she is one of his favorites. It’s about how she carries herself, confident, lived long enough to not be excited by things. Will last for a while, and if she can get past the merge, she’s a threat to win.

Stephanie

25 year old, Long Beach, CA, waitress, "scrappy", can be insensitive, controlling. Jeff says, “If I am right, she’ll be one of the first voted out, if not the first.” I hope I’m wrong, if I’m right, Stephanie already is back at the beach, in the rain, hours into this game, and is already overwhelmed and wishing she was back home and having a glass of wine.

Steve

51 year old, Huntington Beach, CA, Former NFL player ~ 13 years, "doesn't want to be a Russell", type A personality, wants to listen more, speak less. Jeff says that he loves him! He loves Survivor, and is enthusiastic about it. He knows how to pump himself up, he’s a competitor, probably good at social dynamics, would love to see him go deep in the game.

Russell

38 year old, Dayton, TX, previously played the game 2 times, self made millionaire, thinks he's the greatest player to have ever played the game, America loves me, I'm the LaBron James of Survivor, 2 time MVP....he wants his ring. Villain image is fine with him. Jeff says that RussHell is one of the most successful of the game, no one has had 2 alliances go all the way to the end. “In a weird way, he’s extremely loyal.”

Still don't feel like you know the S22 Cast yet? Then go to Survivor Blows thread on the S22 Cast.

Pre-Season Spoilage and other Drama

With the S22 show introduction at the Live Reunion Show for S21, we got the introduction for Redemption Island. Read our speculation thread, here. Another huge discovery that helped spoil the Redemption Island concept was that there were call sheets left over from the CBS production staff when a hotel was vacated. These were scarfed up and posted on the internet by the Smoking Gun. These CALL SHEETS contained the schedule of all events for days 34 and 35. Here are some significant things from the discovery:

*They note the weather as partly cloudy/scattered showers on both days, and the temp is constant at a high of 88 degrees, and a low of 76 degrees.

*Name of the merged tribe is Murlonia
*They shoot and rehearse 2 different challenges. They shoot "A Bone to Pick" Challenge at the Beachfront site on day 35, while they rehearse "A Numbers Game" at the Fenceline Field site.

*They shoot TC #15, where Murlonia x5 travels to TC (5 Survivors remain). The votee then goes to Redemption Island, and the 4 remaining daws go back to their camp, "Pena Rota". Note that 4 jury members come to witness this TC from Ponderosa.

*They also shoot on day 35 a duel on Redemption Island at 10:11, called " a leg up" - Interesting that this is the same day as the TC #15 is shot. They also rehearse "Mesa Maze"

Jiffy explained Redemption Island in the latest TVGuide article:

When a cast mate has their torch snuffed at TC this season it doesn't mean they are out of the game. Instead they are given another shot at Redemption Island where they will battle another ousted competitor in hopes of returning to the game. We built this survivor-style gladiator arena where they will compete in duels. The challenges will vary from physically demanding to mentally taxing. The winner stays alive, the loser will take their buff and throw it into the fire, and they're not coming back. While on RI the exiled player will have to live on the same rations as the other contestants. He feels as though anyone that can survive on RI, the audience will feel like they have more than earned a second shot in the game. If they can survive, it is indeed possible that the first voted out player of the game could possibly end up winning the season.

In a recent article interviewing EPMB, Mr. Burnett noted that there would be chosen spectators from each tribe to witness the duel on RI. See the article here.

We all know the Missyea/Jim Early spoilers were spot on to the most minute of details for Nicaragua, so most of us had no reason to doubt his first spoilage for the S22 season with regards to his announcement that Carrie Prejean and Kimbo Slice would be on the show and involved in lots of drama in episode one. That turned out to be a plant to flesh out Missyea. Long story short, in an effort to find the leak, EPMB sued Missyea. As time went on, EPMB dropped the suit because Missyea revealed RussHell as his source. Read the whole story in Krautboy's thread, Russell was Missyae's source?.

The first thread for sourced spoilers was also posted by Krautboy in the Missyae and other Sourced Spoilers, S22 thread. While Missyae continues to post regarding Spoilers for S22, Blackwhale seems to be the prominent spoiler de jour. At first his spoilers seemed tentative, with room for interpretation. But, they have indeed been steady. To see all of Blackwhale's revelations you can go to our S22, Blackwhale Sourced Spoiler Discussion. Also, for a nice historical presentation of the spoilers, please check out True Dork Times' spoiler page, and Survivor Fever’s boot sheet.

There have been two photographs that have emerged of post-game players which I will print here:

1. Ralph "Rooster":

2. Robfadda:

Episode 1, "You’re Looking at the New Leader of your Tribe"

The title of the episode was given to us just last week, and was posted by Mayan Sun at Sucks. We also have a thread on the title, here. Most of the press and promos regarding S22 has been in regard to the returning players Rob Mariano and Russell Hantz....

This February, get ready for the biggest Survivor showdown yet, when two of the game’s baddest villains return - Rob vs Russell - in the ultimate rumble in the jungle....This Island is not big enough for the both of us....

Or, in regard to the new twist of Redemption Island. Once voted out, a player has the chance to fight to stay and possibly be returned to the game. So far we have no misdirection clues for the first episode. So, without the written riddles we are left to figure it out the old fashioned way....

Episode 1, VIDCAPS

With the TVGuide special we do have a surplus of vidcaps to try and figure out the first episode. We know that the players arrive by chopper and are gathered on their perspective mats on the beach....

...then, SURPRISE, comes another chopper with two more unknown players....

...they draw for tribes...

...supposedly Rob’s tribe let’s out a cheer,

while RussHell’s tribe is... speechless.

They depart for their perspective camps with alot of stuff! Please note the "stuff" in all of camp shots....things like a crate, a large basket, lots and lots of material, a tin milk container, probably for storing either rice or water, a hatchet, a shovel, a machete, a pot, needle and thread, pillows, etc.

Working at camp:
Zapatera:

Note the pillows and the fire above and below.

Note the crate at Zapatera under the shelter...

A new alliance? Or, is RussHell up to his usual first day shenanigans making alliances with everyone?

Meanwhile at Camp Ometepe:

Andrea taking inventory....

Kristina with a hatchet...

Camp Ometepe working on fire:

post fire celebration:

Cooking and eating:

*Note above that the Ometepe tribe has placed their fire away from the camp with a stucture frame of some kind built over the fire area...

Proof of fire at Zapatera:

Episode 1, Immunity Challenge, "Push it Uphill"

Jeff Explains the challenge:

The start:

The first phase of the challenge involves sliding extremely heavy blocks that when shoved up against a wall will make a stairway going up to the next level. The large pieces are to be pushed from either side by the tribe and slid to their position. The first large piece is the largest, there are 4 large pieces to slide into place.

The Zapateras start out with a lead...

Here are the Ometepe's running back for the second piece of the stairway, note the Zapatera's are already by.

Once the stairway is completed, one member of the tribe climbs to the second phase of the challenge where one member chops a series of ropes, which allow the rest of the tribe to climb to the top where they are to complete a block puzzle with very heavy pieces, that when completed will build some kind of ancient structure....here is Rooster chopping for Zapatera, using a two-handed technique:

Note Jeff perhaps looking back at the Ometepe's?

And Matt chopping later for Ometepe, using a one-handed technique:

To study the progress of the block puzzle building, I point out the vertical spelling of the tribe names. See the word, Ometepe, and we can see the last, bottom letter e....so this is at the beginning of solving the puzzle.

Still closer to the beginning....maybe Rob is starting to climb up here....

Beginning for Zapatera, note they are on the ground floor, even with the bottom letter, “a”

Still working on the bottom letter level....”RA”

Not a good sign, imo, when RussHell is leading the puzzle progress...

Working on the bottom letter level..."PE"

This is the vidcap showing the furthest progression for Zapatera, at the "ERA" level:

Ometepe, getting higher at the "EPE" level:

Here is the vidcap out of all the challenge vidcaps that shows the MOST progression, and I even speculate if it is not the final piece that Boston Rob is placing. Note that Matt is just there watching at this point, and if there was another piece to gather, wouldn't he be readying it?

So, who wins...???

Well, some speculate that perhaps Ometepe loses as we see Phillip retrieving the flag post challenge looking rather stoic, and not HAPPY...

But, really we have concerned and pensive shots of the daws at both camps...

Ometepe:

Zapatera:

Then, Kona at Sucks, has pointed out the time stamps of the press images, noting that the last two of Phillip and Rob COULD have been taken around 2 pm on day 3, while the others were taken on day 2. Note the discussion by Kona at Sucks, here.

One thing that we know for sure is that someone will be seeing this face and site up close and personal...

Finally, there was a new promo that aired this past Saturday that had some mixed footage of episode one, and it appears to be episode 2, a future episode. These vidcaps caught my eye immediately...

To me, it seemed as though this is a celebratory picture of Mike, post challenge. I at first thought it was from the first episode challenge, but after further inspection, there is no buff on RussHell's bald head, as was pointed out to me, and then I also noted that Mike did not have his buff around his neck, as he is seen in the first challenge. I even questioned whether this was celebratory or conciliatory, but with the visual of the moving promo on you tube, I clearly think that it is indeed celebratory. You can see that hand moving in to rub RussHell's bald head! So, it may not help us this week, but it darn will help us next week...

While arguments can be made for a boot from either tribe, I am going to take a stand. I predict:

Winner of Challenge: Team Robfadda, OMETEPE

Rob has proven time and time again how great he is at building puzzles in particular. He was a construction worker by profession and is extremely good with the spatial puzzles. He's a sure thing. He is definitely taking charge of the puzzle building, while the Zapatera's seem all over the place, without one definitive leader. I have to give team Rob the benefit of the doubt, despite David's great IQ, and the lead they had going into the last leg.

First Boot of Survivor: Redemption Island:

Stephanie Valencia

Jeff Probst called it when he said, If I am right, she’ll be one of the first voted out, if not the first. Blackwhale looked for her to go early, but didn't know if Zapatera would be the first tribe at TC. Missyae did say that Stephanie=Marissa Calahan, and that Jeff Probst told you who the boot was. Stephanie will be the first Survivor to go to Redemption Island, where she will await the next boot, and we will see who will be the first RI boot EVER! For speculation regarding the boot, check out our boot discussion thread by Krautboy.

*Thanks to Tribephyl for the lovely new SOTS graphic, it's beautiful.
*Please* - we need folks to volunteer to write our SOTS threads each week. It's fun, and it gets you up to snuff quickly! Go HERE! We need you, or the SOTS will be a thing of the past, don't let that happen!
*If it's not posted yet, it soon will be....look for our VOTE thread.
*Hopefully Veruca Salt will be along soon to start her thread, "The Players, the game, the editing."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... Krautboy 02-14-11 1
 RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... jbug 02-14-11 2
 RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... Scarlett O Hara 02-14-11 3
 RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... Outfrontgirl 02-14-11 4
 A.MAZ.ING. tribephyl 02-15-11 5
 RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... Outfrontgirl 02-15-11 6
   RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... Flowerpower 02-15-11 7
 RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... Flowerpower 02-16-11 8
   RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... Outfrontgirl 02-16-11 9
   RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... Outfrontgirl 02-17-11 11
 RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Islan... PepeLePew13 02-16-11 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-14-11, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
FloPo: Thanks for the excellent SOTS! Great summary of all the preseason info we've had to sift through...

...and it's nice to start out the season with a little doubt for a change.

Krautboy

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-11 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

I don't usually read spoilers but I read at least the first half of this to see what Jeff says about each one.

Looks like Rob & Russell both gained a few pounds before this one - figuring I'm sure that they'll last long enough to lose it all.

And Phillip? wrong choice of underwear man! LOL

E - wrong siggy

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-14-11, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
Great job, as always Flopo. A little lengthy but you left no stone unturned.

I'm with you on the winner of the first challenge. How could Boston Rob lose a puzzle challenge? I'm betting on him to not lose this one!

It's funny, how we see Stephanie staying by RussHell's side over at the Zap tribe. She must have seen his past seasons! She is clearly the logical choice to get the boot, especially if they lose a physical challenge.

Good stuff!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
Super SOTS, FlowerPower!
I'm so impressed by all the caps you assembled and the story you told with them.
I do get the vibe from Rob's group that they're on top of it, while purple group seems anxious.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-11, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "A.MAZ.ING."

You rock, FloPo!
It's all there and even leads us into next weeks boot as well.
Ometepe win this week, Zapatera next. Stephanie this week. Most likely, Phillip next? (Leading to Stephanie being the 1st to Loser Lodge and Phillip staying at RI?)...
Practically 2 SOTS in 1.
Well done.

02-15-11, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
You did an amazing job and I think you are almost certainly right about Ep 1 and Ep 2.

Just for the sake of pointing out ways we could be tricked though -- there is nothing to confirm the future challenge congratulation shot is from Ep 2. It could as easily be Ep 3. It shows us no one who we don't expect to see in Ep 3.

If the footage got spliced in there by accident, then it is most likely they had Ep 2 stuff around, although we know they have edited Ep 3, as Jeff told us so. If they were trying to throw us off, it could be from later. For example, the Zap's could win 1 & 3, and the Om's win Ep 2, and Stephanie could still be in the first RI duel.

Like I said, I think you are right, but we don't know for sure.

02-15-11, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
I agree that it could be from a future challenge farther in the future. Historically, though, haven't they shown us a few vidcaps that were taken from the future for the intro shots. Usually when we get the intro shots, we pick out the next challenge.

I agree I am assuming(hoping - wishful thinking) that it is for challenge 2. At this point there are credible arguments for either tribe to win. I still have doubts. But, when all is said and done, I choose to take a risk that the vidcaps of that future challenge are reasonably from episode 2, but more importantly, as I've stated, I am giving the tried and true puzzle completer, Boston Rob, the benefit of the doubt, when up against the unknown. Clearly, I could indeed be off...no doubt about it, this is NOT a sure thing.

02-16-11, 09:56 AM (EST)
8. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
This episode is driving me crazy....when you do the SOTS I feel like you need to take a stand, and it has to be 3 days prior to the show airing. Alot of stuff, or even a little bit more, usually is released prior to the show airing. So, when you do the SOTS, you are usually putting your marbles in one basket a bit early. For me, the boot choice is clearly between Phillip and Stephanie. A real toss up with nothing blatantly telling us one way or the other. I was leaning toward a Phillip boot UNTIL these pictures appeared this weekend...

My gut told me these were from ep 1, showing a Zap win. But with further inspection you can see that RussHell's buff, and Mike's buff are not in the same place as they were during the challenge. This lead me to speculate that this must be from a future challenge. Frankly, I'm not so sure....still.

Regardless, I have scoured over another difference that I saw in the vidcaps....

Note, this is the vidcap that shows the furthest progression for the Zap puzzle, the outsides of the Zap block puzzle are with the pattern on them...which, imo, is correct. Now note the furthest along picture of the Ometepe puzzle....

The lower level of the block puzzle on the right side, is orange, with no pattern. Could this puzzle be assembled wrong? I don't know, but it's another significant difference that I notice. I am inclined to think it's wrong.

So, I have to say, it is tilting me back toward a Phillip boot, and Zap win. If the Zaps win and Phillip is the boot, he will emerge as the "Coach-like" player on RI, and perhaps embrace his inner warrior.

Regarding the best first TC, that could go either way, imo. Robfadda could indeed call Phillip out, OR, perhaps Stephanie, who has said that she has a hard time censoring herself, lets loose.

02-16-11, 10:09 AM (EST)
9. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
Well said, it sure is a dilemma. It is tough to take a stand three days prior, but I would never hold you to that. Often there is breaking news, a new promo, a new insight. SOTS is the state of the spoiling as of the day you post it, and then it can be updated.

Very interesting about the block that could be turned incorrectly. Amazed you saw that.

Speaking of which, there is a new press release out:

02.15.2011 THE CASTAWAYS DISCOVER A FIRST-EVER, GAME-CHANGING ELEMENT OF REDEMPTION, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, FEB. 16
Former Castaway Russell Hantz Joins the Zapatera Tribe and Former Castaway "Boston" Rob Mariano Joins the Ometepe Tribe

"You're Looking at the New Leader of Our Tribe" - Former castaways Russell Hantz and "Boston" Rob Mariano, alongside 16 new castaways, learn that after elimination they will have an opportunity to return to the game with the introduction of "Redemption Island." Meanwhile, one castaway is not shy about revealing their "top secret" past to gain the trust of their tribe ...

Thanks to Jeff, we know this is Phillip. Whether he stays or goes, he will be featured!

02-17-11, 06:06 AM (EST)
11. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-11 AT 06:12 AM (EST)

So now we know that the challenge shots that didn't fit with Ep 1 are Opening Credits shots. Have any been from later than Ep 2 in prior seasons? Seems like they have. But as crocophile told me at MESS, Mike doesn't have much beard here.

Also want to say that sometimes people get congratulated in challenges for having a good turn, not always for winning the whole challenge. Like if Russell had just scored a point, maybe? (I'm reaching here.)

ETA--I can't remember all the opening credits, but I do remember they showed several castaways muddy from the Sumo wrestling in S20. That was Episode 3.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-11, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S22, Survivor: Redemption Island, SOTS, "State of the Spoiling""
Great SOTS, FloPo! You've hit all of the important points and laid it out really well for us, a great way to start off this season.

I remarked on it over on another thread, but will repeat it here. There seems to be a *lot* of close-up or 'center-of-attention' shots involving Andrea in the segment between the intros of each DAW and the Episode 1, Immunity Challenge, "Push it Uphill" segment -- 7 shots to be precise, with several different scenes involved. Just seems to be more than usual for someone who is not spoiled to be going any time soon and appears to be a late-game player. Hmmm... or am I reading too much into this?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •