The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S22 Cast"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-08-11, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S22 Cast"
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-11 AT 08:11 PM (EST)

As posted by Survivor Fever, please note the original page here, and please note the original folks that posted and found these cast members. A sincere thanks to Survivor Fever and to True Dork Times for the great efforts and accomplishments in spoiling the S22 cast.
See True Dork Times Survivometer here.

Rob's team: Ometepe

Color: Orange
Cast: 1. Rob Mariano: Age 35, "Boston Rob", Survivor Marquesas, All-Stars, Villains vs. Heros, married to Amber Brkich, Reality tv star

2. Andrea Boehlke: Age 21, student/actress at University of Wisconsin

3. Ashley Underwood: Age 25, School Nurse, Benton, Maine

4. Francesca Hogi: Age 36, NY City, West Hollywood Attorney, per TDT documentary producer/director

5. Grant Mattos: Age 29, former football player with NFL prospects, currently Yoga instructor, Santa, Monica CA. TDT notes that he currently has dreadlocks.

6. Krista Kell: Age 46, "mom-type", law student, ex Model/actress, Biker Clothing and accessories Boutique owner. Malibu, CA

7. Matthew Wyatt Elrod: Age 21, Lipscomb University student, ex-running back. Nashville

8. Natalie Tenerelli: Age 19, Model/Actress, Los Angeles, CA. 19 years-old, Youngest female contestant to ever play the game. She is a dancer from Los Angeles who currently dances with the Los Angeles Matador “Knockouts” and a group of AVP Dancers.

9. Phillip Sheppard: Age 52, CEO of Software Sales, former Federal Agent, Actor, Santa Monica, CA

RussHell's team: Zapatera

Color: Purple
Cast: 1. Russell Hantz: Age 37, Oil Company owner, Survivor Samoa, Heros vs. Villains, Dayton, TX

2. David Murphy: Age 30, LA Attorney, defense attorney for white collar crime

3. Krista Klumpp: Age 25, Auburn University Senior Cheerleader, (? age), majoring in Radio, TV, Film, Smiths Station, Ala. She works as a sales associate at Visalus Sciences, and competed in the Miss Alabama USA pageant in 2009 and 2007.

4. Julie ???: Per TDT: Older woman, 40's plus, on the Zapatera tribe. Asian-American

5. Mike Chiesl: Age: 31, Graduate of US Naval Academy with core engineering systems degree, economics major. From graduation was commissioned as an Officer in the Marine Corps, 5 years of service and multiple combat tours, awarded Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal as well as Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal. Currently works in Real Estate, but has taught college classes as a professor at Central Texas College. San Diego, CA

6. Ralph Kiser aka "Rooster": Age 45ish, Farmer and hunting guide, Lebanon, Virginia

7. Sarita White: Age 37, Visual Effects producer, Santa Monica, CA

8. Stephanie Valencia: Age 25, Model/actress, Long Beach, CA

9. Steve ???: Per TDT: Age 40's-50's, ex-football player, now silver haired, still in good shape...

One thing that really jumps out at me are the great numbers of the cast that are from California....this season we have at the very least 9, and I would speculate that the 25 year old Auburn Cheerleader, model/actress wanna be is, and probably the two unknowns are as well....

Here are some more photos that were taken from Survivor Fever spoilers:

Rooster Returns From Filming Survivor

Images Found by BlindFreddy, Ralph "Rooster" Kiser, Survivor: Redemption Island contestant returns to Virginia after filming

*ETA: Supplemental information from www.suite101.com

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Rooster Weight Loss Krautboy 01-08-11 1
 Purple. Vs. Orange. Estee 01-08-11 2
   RE: Purple. Vs. Orange. Belle Book 01-09-11 8
   RE: Purple. Vs. Orange. vince3 01-10-11 14
       RE: Purple. Vs. Orange. Estee 01-10-11 15
       RE: Purple. Vs. Orange. Belle Book 01-10-11 20
 RE: S22 Cast michel 01-08-11 3
   RE: S22 Cast Outfrontgirl 01-10-11 21
 RE: S22 Cast Outfrontgirl 01-08-11 4
   RE: S22 Cast Flowerpower 01-08-11 5
       RE: S22 Cast Outfrontgirl 01-09-11 6
   RE: S22 Cast SpotTheDifference 01-09-11 7
       RE: S22 Cast Outfrontgirl 01-09-11 10
           RE: S22 Cast Estee 01-09-11 11
               RE: S22 Cast michel 01-09-11 12
                   RE: S22 Cast Round Robin 01-10-11 13
                       RE: S22 Cast Estee 01-10-11 17
                           RE: S22 Cast Outfrontgirl 01-11-11 23
 Insta-game. Estee 01-09-11 9
 RE: S22 Cast Toban 01-10-11 16
   RE: S22 Cast Outfrontgirl 01-10-11 19
   RE: S22 Cast tribephyl 01-11-11 25
 RE: S22 Cast Thaibeach 01-10-11 18
   RE: S22 Cast skeetergirl87 01-11-11 27
       RE: S22 Cast Outfrontgirl 01-11-11 30
 CBS bios up DearAbby 01-10-11 22
   Dalton Ross/EW Meet the Cast Outfrontgirl 01-11-11 24
       RE: Dalton Ross/EW Meet the Cast Tercel 01-11-11 29
           RE: Dalton Ross/EW Meet the Cast SquidProQuo 01-11-11 31
               RE: Dalton Ross/EW Meet the Cast Tercel 01-12-11 33
   RE: CBS bios up Flowerpower 01-11-11 26
       MISSYAE TWEET: SEVEN (7) HE THINKS... goldenmike4393 01-11-11 28
       RE: CBS bios up Belle Book 01-11-11 32
 RE: S22 Cast SquidProQuo 01-13-11 34
 It's official! CBS announce Rob and... SquidProQuo 01-13-11 35
   EW article about Rob and Russell SquidProQuo 01-13-11 36
       RE: EW article about Rob and Russel... Flowerpower 01-13-11 37
           RE: EW article about Rob and Russel... DearAbby 01-18-11 38
 Jeff's Cast Assessment Video SquidProQuo 01-28-11 39
   RE: Jeff's Cast Assessment Video vince3 01-28-11 40
       RE: Jeff's Cast Assessment Video SquidProQuo 01-28-11 41
 Transcript from Jeff Cast Assessmen... SquidProQuo 01-29-11 42
 Article about Ashley SquidProQuo 02-04-11 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-08-11, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Rooster Weight Loss"
Thanks for bringing these over FloPo...and thank-you SFever for making them available for us.

The post game pictures of Rooster will be useful when compared to pictures of him in EP1. It should give us an idea of how much weight he lost during the filming.

Krautboy

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-11, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Purple. Vs. Orange."
*systematically beats head against wall*

It becomes relaxing after a while.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-09-11, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Purple. Vs. Orange."
Maybe Alex from your Survivor fanfic would understand how you feel.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-11, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Purple. Vs. Orange."
This is at least the 2nd time they've had that color matchup since you wrote the Fanfic, isn't it?

01-10-11, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Purple. Vs. Orange."
They owe Zoidberg a dip into Fati silver.

01-10-11, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Purple. Vs. Orange."
That's why I made that comment about Alex Cole -- I was reminded of Estee's fanfic when I saw hir comment and thought, "Oh yeah, those were the colors in the Society Islands."

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-11, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S22 Cast"
Thanks FP. I'm glad we only have two returning losers...oups, I meant stars! I prefered the diversity of last season's cast but what can you do?

One thing that jumps at me is that they put Russell on the team that will have 5 guys. It shows their preference but it could come back to bite them in the butt since Rob will be more needed on his tribe. (There was a reason why the original Yaxha had 3 weak women while most of the Nakhum women were very athletic.)

(Please ignore my post if source spoilers contradict me.)

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-11, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S22 Cast"
There are no substantial source spoilers on how this season shapes up, but it is said that both Rob and Russell make merge (but don't win).

It is not clear to me whether Rob and Russell are even vulnerable in the pre-merge. There's been tons of spec on them being given immunity and functioning as mentors or team captains rather than being put in straight like Steph and Bobby Jon.

Nothing I've seen says that this is any more than spec based on how else do you keep Russell from being voted out right out of the gate. But I'm open to it.

Shouldn't be long before Jeff tells us ...

01-08-11, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S22 Cast"
From what I saw looking up Krista Klump (Auburn cheerleader), I believe she will be a Southern girl similar to Natalie White and is not an LA girl type. But yes, this is another LA mactor field day.

Of Ashley Underwood, we should note that she was Miss Maine 2009, but before that she went to college on a full basketball scholarship. In other words, she was a hard core athlete before she was a pageant queen.

Apparently these are the best of Erika Shay's recruits that didn't get on before, and Erika was deeply connected to the pageant world. In fact there is a poster who knows the pageant world well who has been giving insight on how people connect into that world.

I am guessing that Rooster was NOT a pageant world recruit.

01-08-11, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S22 Cast"
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-11 AT 11:27 PM (EST)

Ashley Underwood basketball STAR.

Scored over 1000 points for her high school...impressive.

*ETA: scored over 1000 points for her HS and for her college...WOW!

01-09-11, 05:37 AM (EST)
6. "RE: S22 Cast"
Here's Ashley in action on the court, and Ashley on the runway.

glam shot

She's my early pick for a finalist.

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-09-11, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S22 Cast"
I thought Erika Shay isn't with Survivor's recruitment team anymore... or is that a different Erika?

The ladies all look kind of the same to me--generic beauty queen types. Not sure how I feel about the cast at first glance, but I really hope they don't turn out to be duds.

01-09-11, 04:40 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S22 Cast"
She was fired, but like I said, these were candidates who didn't make earlier seasons. Estee, I think they might all be recruits.

01-09-11, 07:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S22 Cast"
*sigh* I'm in the horrible position of not wanting to watch this fiasco while wanting to summazize an episode just so I can systemitcally dissect the atrocity using a carefully-dulled butter knife. And that last part shouldn't even be possible.

If we're looking at 100% recruitment, then my first thought is Series Death -- but I've nearly been at that point since the initial RussHell boomerang. (Close second: keep those cards & letters -- or in this case, don't bother with the DVDs: no one's ever going to play them.) Let them pick their players and try to fill their stereotype quotas: it's not as if we can ever stop them beyond not-watching the ratings down to zero. But could they at least cast their cliches from people who wanted to be on the show before a semi-drunken casting couch recruiter mimed out the timeslot in broad gestures?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-11, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S22 Cast"
>*sigh*
> I'm in the horrible
>position of not wanting to
>watch this fiasco while wanting
>to summazize an episode just
>so I can systemitcally dissect
>the atrocity using a carefully-dulled
>butter knife. And that
>last part shouldn't even be
>possible.

If it helps you decide, I'd really like to read that summary.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-10-11, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S22 Cast"
If these people are the best of the rest of Erika Shay's recruits, then why the eff didn't they put some of them on S21 in place of some of those turds they inflicted on us then?

As for being close to Series Death, if Erika is gone and the Sucks rumors of a large crew purge are true, it might in fact not be the death of Survivor approaching, but rather cleansing the barrel of the bad apples and taking Survivor back closer to its better days. I suspect the old beast has a few years left in it yet, and they want to make sure it survives. I look for JiffyProbe to be reupped and CBS to order next year's seasons and for that to be announced soon, and I look for Jiffy to have more control than ever next year.

01-10-11, 06:21 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S22 Cast"
Getting rid of the one of the biggest sources of infection could prolong life, sure -- but it presumes that what takes over is any more competent. It's hard to have faith in Jeff after he's spent so many seasons happily blog-presenting the bottom of the barrel as diamonds excavated from a private mine. (And yes, it's possible those loving EW words were written under executive order. If so, he's been too bloody good at it.) After the Coach-love and the RussHell-love and what, if she hadn't quit, would have been guaranteed as the Na'Onka-soulmating, Jeff's own potential casting priorities can justifiably come across as shaky.

If he does get enough control to pick and choose his own contestants with no outside influences, then we really are down to asking what Jeff wants. And the one person who can provide a definitive answer has been lying to us for years.

01-11-11, 01:38 AM (EST)
23. "RE: S22 Cast"
or, to paraphrase that quite brilliant summary ... Jeff has rotten taste in contestants.

01-09-11, 04:09 PM (EST)
9. "Insta-game."
Looking at the non-returnee portion of the contestant pool, predict the total number of applicants vs. the count on recruits.

I say it's 4:12.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-10-11, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S22 Cast"
Estee said this: One thing that really jumps out at me are the great numbers of the cast that are from California.

Never mind just being from California, Grant, David and Ashley are all from West Hollywood, (aka the gayest place on Earth according to Tosh.0).

According to Wikipedia, it has a population of 34,675, 41% of whom are gay men. Who knows if that's accurate though? Regardless, there's a good chance some of these three may have crossed paths with each other in the past.

01-10-11, 08:39 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S22 Cast"
Yeah, West Hollywood has had the demographic for quite awhile, not sure if it could be gayer than the Castro District, though!

Ashley is from Maine, she may live in W. Hollywood now, but she's not been there for very long.

I think there's been more and more of people who know each other getting cast, or if they don't know each other, they have mutual friends.

I think the Galu tribe was quite a bit that way, and I didn't like it.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-11, 04:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S22 Cast"
Leaving the majority of people, (the other 49,914 59%...everyone, aside from gay men) living within the WeHo neighborhood, as mactors.
They probably see each other at reality show auditions and hang out in reality-star owned clubs/bars.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-10-11, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S22 Cast"
I've been strong through 21 seasons now...made it through Coach (twice!), Randy, NaOnka, Amandazzzz (multiple times!) and I've remained a fan.

But now...I don't think I can do it. I don't think I can take any more RussHell. Wasn't 2 seasons of that idjit enough?

Really, Probst & EPMB, we don't love to hate him, we just hate him. (YMMV, of course, but I don't think I'm alone in this...my detestation of all things RussHellHantz...)

May he be the first boot!

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-11-11, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: S22 Cast"
I totally agree. I've been a loyal viewer (though my patience has been tried for the past few years), but I really don't think I can take another season of RussHell. I just don't get EPMB's fascination with him and assumption that everyone else is equally fascinated by him. If he is one of the mystery survivors, my only reason for watching is to (hopefully) watch him self-destruct again or (if the others are smart) be the first one voted out. I'm sure that EPMB will ensure that doesn't happen, though.

I wonder how anxious Rob was to be part of this. In his last outing, I got the impression that his heart just wasn't in it like it was before and he didn't have that same cutthroat attitude. He even had a mini-meltdown because he missed his wife and kid, so I'm surprised that he's willing to do it again. Maybe they're more of team captains or mascots or something and not actual participants? More likely, they offered him a lot of money to manufacture this Russ vs. Rob fiasco and he couldn't resist.

01-11-11, 06:55 PM (EST)
30. "RE: S22 Cast"
From what I've picked up from missyae (sorry, I cannot link the exact quotes)

1) The original concept involved Richard Hatch as one of the two (Hatch vs. Russell?), but the IRS would not allow him to have a passport until his tax issues were resolved.

2) It is not EPMB who loves Russell, in fact he can't stand him. JEFF loves what he brings to the show.

3) There are rumors the two were offered a very attractive appearance fee as a minimum guaranteed remuneration.

4) The two are allowed to play for the grand prize.

5) The other contestants were not thrilled when they learned of the twist, didn't want former players in the mix with their shot at sole survivor.

6) Most will be happy because Rob outlasts Russell.

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-10-11, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "CBS bios up"
But still no acknowledgment of the return of Rob and Russell, who are identified as "Former Castaway 1" and "Former Castaway 2."

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/cast/

Individual links also include video. Most of the info posted by FloPo is correct, except for a few ages and a few who live in SoCal but list a city other than LA. Changes noted in bold.

Rob's team: Ometepe

Andrea Boehlke (21)
Current Residence: Random Lake, Wis.
Personal Claim to Fame: Paying for my own college education and making the Dean's list every semester.
Inspiration in Life: My parents are my inspiration because they are hard-working, down-to-earth and both have a great sense of humor.
Hobbies: Sports, theater, horseback riding, hunting and outdoor activities.
Pet Peeves: "Girly-girls" and electric staplers.
3 Words to Describe You: Hard-working, competitive and outgoing.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Perhaps a mixture of J.T. because he is hard-working and has a farm background and Parvati because she's competitive and knows how to have fun, but I'm also very unique.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I crave adventures. I also want to prove how tough I am.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: Growing up on a farm and being a member of the 4-H club has made me both outdoorsy and resourceful. I'm also mentally tough and a bit of a social butterfly. I love being challenged and can handle the pressure.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: People will underestimate me based on my looks, but I am tremendously competitive and driven. I'm feisty, brave and can manipulate people while remaining likeable.

Ashley Underwood (25)
Current Residence: Benton, Maine
Personal Claim to Fame: Spending time abroad in Switzerland, playing basketball professionally and competing in the Miss USA competition.
Inspiration in Life: My Momma. She raised four kids while managing two businesses and has always been the perfect example of the most devoted wife and doting mother.
Hobbies: Basketball/sports, four-wheeling and helping out on the family farm.
Pet Peeves: I have a million pet peeves. A few of them are "know-it-alls," lazy and unmotivated people, slow drivers or movers in general, people that "chomp" when they chew their food, smokers' breath or just smoking period. The list goes on and on!
3 Words to Describe You: Feisty, competitive and athletic.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I'm not like anyone but myself.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: The million dollars and the chance to prove that I can do this.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I'm strong, competitive, and athletic and I have the ability to think under pressure.
Reason why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I'm mentally and physically strong enough to do this. I will do whatever it takes to get ahead. I'm a leader, but also able to work well with others if it proves to be to my own advantage. I'm not afraid to be a game changer. Bring it on!

Francesca Hogi (36)
Current Residence: Washington, DC
Personal Claim to Fame: Assembling the most amazing set of friends.
Inspiration in Life: My mom. She's been through so much in her life, starting with picking cotton while growing up in segregated Alabama. She is brilliant, beautiful and an all-around incredible person.
Hobbies: Writing, yoga and watching movies.
Pet Peeves: Self-delusion.
3 Words to Describe You: Determined, opinionated and stubborn.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I would most likely be a Cirie/Boston Rob combo.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I'm normally competitive for no good reason - $1 million s a great excuse.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I'm book-smart, street-smart and can be pretty persuasive when necessary.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I might be the perfect combination of salty and sweet.

Grant Mattos (29)
Current Residence: West Hollywood, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Playing in the NFL
Inspiration in Life: My wife. With her in my life, I can do anything.
Hobbies: Largemouth bass fishing, surfing and writing.
Pet Peeves: When someone uses the word "like" every other second.
3 Words to Describe You: Outgoing, positive and friendly.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: It's a huge mental and physical challenge. I want to get to know my true self better.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I am physically and mentally strong and consider myself to be a good leader.
Reason why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I have been through a lot and can push myself mentally and physically.

Kristina Kell (46) Kristina instead of Krista
Current Residence: Malibu, Calif.
Occupation: Law Student (University of La Verne College of Law)
Personal Claim to Fame: Understanding and learning how to deal with an autistic child; grasping the Autistic Spectrum and obtaining vigorous early intervention services to improve the quality of my son's life. This experience, and helping other families facing the same crisis, was the catalyst for my legal education.
Inspiration in Life: Probably the men and women of our armed forces - these brave folks sweat, bleed and die for us here at home, and I appreciate them beyond words.
Hobbies: Computers.
Pet Peeves: Whining and people who are cheap.
3 Words to Describe You: Stubborn, logical and fair.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: None.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: The money and experience.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I'm resourceful and tough as nails. If you don't know that lying and manipulation is a part of this game, then you're an idiot.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: There are a lot of amazing things in my life, and they all have started out with the thought, "I'm gonna do…(fill in the blank)." Whether it's making documentaries, opening my business, helping families cope with children on the Autistic Spectrum, going to law school, or winning SURVIVOR, they all start in my head as an idea. I take baby steps, one by one, until finally it's done.

Matt Elrod (22) Age 22 instead of 21
Current Residence: Nashville, Tenn.
Personal Claim to Fame: My decision to lead my own life.
Inspiration in Life: I think that there are so many people worthy of being deemed "a hero" in everyday life that are overlooked. So, I'm going to say people who put others before themselves.
Hobbies: Athletics, reading and exploring.
Pet Peeves: People who act out for attention.
3 Words to Describe You: Mysterious, impulsive and deep.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Any contestant who has played the game with honesty and integrity.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I've always wanted to live off the land and I think it would be a fun experience to compete on the show.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I know what it takes to be a winner.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I'm athletic, amicable and intelligent. I can also hold my own socially.

Natalie Tenerelli (19)
Current Residence: Acton, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Being the youngest female to play the game.
Inspiration in Life: Lady Gaga. Haha, just kidding. My parents have worked extremely hard to give me a good life. They have made it possible for me to follow my dreams and never give up in life. I would hope that in the future I could be half as good of a parent myself.
Hobbies: Dancing, spending time with friends and family, and trying to cook...sometimes this ends badly.
Pet Peeves: When people chomp their food.
3 Words to Describe You: Determined, spontaneous and positive.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Natalie White from Samoa.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: To have an experience of a lifetime and prove to myself that I can do anything that I put my mind to.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I have never quit anything that I have ever done and hopefully my ability to form good relationships with people will help me to "survive" 39 days in this game!
Reason why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I have the charm to win people over and a good intuition about people and their intentions. People may suspect me to be young and naive, but they will be fooled!

Phillip Sheppard (52)
Current Residence: Santa Monica, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Being a father to my son and being able to take risks in life. I say "yes" when others may say "no."
Inspiration in Life: Medical Professionals - they save lives in real time.
Hobbies: Chess, basketball, skating and sport training with weights.
Pet Peeves: People who think they know everything and yet do nothing and watch others do the work.
3 Words to Describe You: Outgoing, articulate and determined.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I am my own man!
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I love the idea of competing and proving I still have what it takes to prevail in new challenges that are completely outside my normal everyday life.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I come from a large family (12 brothers and sisters), and as such I've become a creative problem-solver and good talker in stressful situations where others would give up.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I am a go-getter. As a former Special Agent with the former Defense Investigation Services, I honed my interview and investigative skills to persevere when others are being evasive or less than forthcoming.

RussHell's team: Zapatera

David Murphy (31) Age 31 instead of 30
Current Residence: West Hollywood, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: I'm very proud of what I've accomplished professionally. Thus far in my career, I've been able to work on a number of very interesting and challenging cases.
Inspiration in Life: I've actually looked up to a variety of people for different reasons at different points. I've learned a lot of life lessons.
Hobbies: Sports, hanging out with friends and watching TV/movies.
Pet Peeves: I can't stand stupid people. If we could criminalize stupidity, I think the world would be a better place.
3 Words to Describe You: Intelligent, thoughtful and sarcastic.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I'd like to think I'd be myself and be original.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: This is a once in a lifetime experience.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: Nine times out of 10, when I walk into a room, I am the most intelligent person there. I'm here to win. I don't care about screwing someone over. I don't care about deceiving people and I don't care how I'm perceived at the end. I'm not going to have a static approach to this game.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: In my eyes, I'm flawless. A significant part of my job is selling myself - making myself more appealing than my client. I do it because it's fun. I like the challenge. I like having the odds stacked against me and trying to find a way to win. This is a game; I didn't come to get second place.

Krista Klumpp (25)
Current Residence: Columbia, S.C.
Personal Claim to Fame: Being elected head cheerleader at Auburn University is my personal claim to fame. I then became a second generation Auburn University head cheerleader.
Inspiration in Life: My grandparents who were married for 67 years.
Hobbies: Water sports, traveling and running.
Pet Peeves: When people wear sunglasses inside.
3 Words to Describe You: Driven, competitive and approachable.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I thought I was most like Natalie White because we had such similar backgrounds, but I expect to play the game with a little more edge.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: To prove that a former cheerleader and pageant girl can win the hardest game ever. Also, the money! If anyone says anything different, they are lying!
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I am very athletic; I can climb trees and I'm great at fishing.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I am a fierce competitor at everything, but I've always had a way of building trust with people. My image will be completely deceiving and my mental game undetectable.

Julie Wolfe (50)
Current Residence: Oceanside, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Winning the World Championship Outrigger Canoe Race in 1996 and 1998. The race is 41 miles long from the Island of Molokai to Oahu.
Inspiration in Life: All of the U.S. Soldiers that are away from their families defending our country and our freedom.
Hobbies: Outrigger canoe paddling, stand-up paddling and motherhood.
Pet Peeves: Laziness and bullies.
3 Words to Describe You: Hard-headed, outspoken and spoiled.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Ashley from Survivor China. She was a strong outspoken woman whose mouth got her voted off the first episode.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: To win a million dollars and make a better life for my daughters. I want to be a role model for my girls to show them they can achieve their goals and dreams.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: My experience as a firefighter has made me mentally and physically strong.
Reason why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I'm very likeable. I think I can outwit the other contestants to vote off people other than me.

Mike Chiesl (31)
Current Residence: Del Mar, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Bringing all my Marines home after my first deployment to Iraq.
Inspiration in Life: My grandfather. He was a B-17 Navigator during World War II and spent two years in a POW Camp.
Hobbies: Scuba-diving, football and golf.
Pet Peeves: Selfishness and laziness.
3 Words to Describe You: Determined, disciplined and outgoing/outspoken.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Rudy. Nobody was intimidated by him, so he wasn't voted out early and he had the ability to tough it out.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: Winning the competition and earning the million dollar prize.
Why you think you'll survive SURVIVOR: The mental toughness I've developed from serving in the Marines and playing college football at the US Naval Academy.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I like to think outside of the box, and I am socially aware and strong athletically.

Ralph Kiser (45)
Current Residence: Lebanon, Va.
Personal Claim to Fame: Being completely debt-free at age 44. No vehicle payments, no mortgage payments, plus I own two homes on the same farm.
Inspiration in Life: I'm inspired by my farm; I've been at it all my life. I'm always amazed at my animals - how they grow and survive. Being able to watch the circle of life go 'round and be a part of it is a very satisfying adventure that I never get tired of.
Hobbies: Hunting, hiking and traveling.
Pet Peeves: People who are lazy and donÂ’t try to make anything of themselves.
3 Words to Describe You: Determined, strong-willed and stubborn
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I'm probably a combo of Big Tom and J.T.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I've wanted to be on the show for years and knew one day I'd get my chance. I want to be a hometown hero for the folks back home!
Why you think you'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I'm an outdoors mountain man. I know plants, trees and what most of their uses are. I can also build anything; start a fire anywhere and make people believe anything I say!
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I will be the king at camp because I can build shelter, cook, find food and be the leader.

Sarita White (36) Age 36 instead of 37
Current Residence: Santa Monica, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Getting from point A to B without a dollar in my pocket, only my own ambition to get there.
Inspiration in Life: The art of living, laughing with my friends and family and knowing the best is always yet to come.
Hobbies: Travel, art and lounging around in various stages of repose.
Pet Peeves: Ignorance, pettiness, cheapness, tackiness and lack of chivalry.
3 Words to Describe You: Sagacious, wily and influential.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Some strange combination between Courtney with her awkwardness in challenges and James with his kindness and blind loyalty.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: For the adventure of a lifetime. I’d also like to walk away with cold hard cash.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: My earliest memories are of my hippie parents living in the yurt we built from scratch. Our garden, our outdoor shower, ourpretty little outhouse - I know how to live in the most basic way.
Reason why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I've got a steely grace that has served me well. I'm hard-pressed to think of anyone who could outwit me.

Stephanie Valencia (26) Age 26 instead of 25
Current Residence: Long Beach, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Reopening my Mother's dental office.
Inspiration in Life: My Mother. She is the sweetest person. She works hard for her family and still cooks dinner every night.
Hobbies: Watching movies/plays, traveling and reading.
Pet Peeves: People who are late and ignorance.
3 Words to Describe You: Feisty, unconstrained and ambitious.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: If Parvati and Russell had a love child, it would be me.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: First, the money. I need it. Second, to see if I can do it. Third, who in the right mind would decline an offer to play the greatest game EVER.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I'm strong, fast and smart. I can hold my own and I'm not a quitter.
Reason why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I feel it in me. By nature, I'm a brat and always get what I want. I've always been myself and that's something I'm very proud of.

Steve Wright (51)
Current Residence: Huntington Beach, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Making the Dallas Cowboys with two other free agents out of 110 in 1981 and playing for 13 years. I'm also proud of my own start-up company and all it's accomplished.
Inspiration in Life: Regular people who do extraordinary things.
Hobbies: Photography, scuba diving and biking.
Pet Peeves: People who litter and people who don't respect others.
3 Words to Describe You: Honest, sincere and relentless.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Tom Westman - just a pretty normal likeable guy.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: To show how team work is done, win a million dollars and help my team the best I can.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: With 13 years experience in the NFL, I have great teamwork. I made sure we all worked together for a winning cause. I have the ability to keep spirits high and keep people's eye on our goal.
Reason why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I'm a fighter to the end and will bring anyone along that desires to work. I'll be stronger, fitter and wiser than the others. I've experienced trials others haven't. I've had my will tested and have always rose above all challenges.

01-11-11, 02:23 AM (EST)
24. "Dalton Ross/EW Meet the Cast"
What, no video?

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20354695_20456240_20895815,00.html

Brief interviews with each one, asked them all who is their least fave, most said Russell. Julie LIKES Russell (and is on his team).

On most it appears they were interviewed before the former Survivors were sprung on them, as one says she would hate another Guatemala twist. Steve says he won't let his camp be like Russell's -- and is on R's team.

At least two applied, Estee -- (Rooster, for sure, and surely Julie), one applied to TAR.

There is a separated at birth Fabio with the exact same strategy (Matt Elrod) -- of course these people hadn't seen 21 when they played. Or is he a Fabio/Chase hybrid, as he played football? Dude is probably toast being on Russell's team, but will be interesting to see if the innocent surfer boy schtick works second time around.

Tercel 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-11-11, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tercel Click to send private message to Tercel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Dalton Ross/EW Meet the Cast"
I quickly watched the interviews and Russell certainly has a tough row to hoe. A lot of people named him as their least favorite player and at least three of them have been assigned to "his" tribe. It should be interesting watching.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-11-11, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Dalton Ross/EW Meet the Cast"
I agree, Tercel. This is the first time Russell will be playing with people who have seen his game and should *hopefully* have his number.

I tried to take notes and here are the people who said they hated him and/or wouldn't put up with him on their team:
- Steve
- Mike
- Francesca
- Ashley
- Grant
(Might have missed others)

As OFG mentioned, Julie is the only one who said she liked Russell. Meanwhile, a couple of the contestants, including Grant, said that they liked Boston Rob. Maybe they'll team up?
In the video clip on the CBS site, you can see that Russell and Rob arrive via helicopter while the teams are already standing on the beach -- should be interesting!

P.S. Hilarious that there's a Fabio copy. So far I really like Mike from the guys...and interesting that Grant is good friends with Natalie Bolton. From the women, Andrea and Ashley are actually better in their interviews vs. what I thought they'd be on paper. So do the pageant/farm girls team up? Rooster seems like another Big Tom -- should be fun and I like the fact that he applied 3 times (vs. the huge batch of CA recruits). From his airport shots above it certainly looks like his beard grew a lot, but I guess it could have grown at Loser Lodge.

Tercel 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-12-11, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tercel Click to send private message to Tercel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Dalton Ross/EW Meet the Cast"
>I tried to take notes and
>here are the people who
>said they hated him and/or
>wouldn't put up with him
>on their team:
>- Steve
>- Mike
>- Francesca
>- Ashley
>- Grant
>(Might have missed others)

Krista Klump also said she disliked Russell while Krista Kell thought he deserved to win! Duelling Kristas!

01-11-11, 08:48 AM (EST)
26. "RE: CBS bios up"
Thanks for posting DearAbby, and nice to see you!

This will be fun, I have to admit. I can't wait to see how some of this plays out. First of all I would bet that the first boot off of RussHell's team would be an alpha female...If I had to bet it would be the older woman, Julie Wolf, who describes herself as "Hard-headed, outspoken and spoiled." Sounds like that is a recipe for disaster....now whether or not she amends her game, we'll see.

Another narcissist on RussHell's team, David Murphy, "In my eyes, I'm flawless".....imo, there's really only room for one...and we all know that RussHell won't tolerate that. These two may come head to head sooner rather than later, and I'm sure he can talk circles around RussHell.

Steve Wright is going to have a very difficult time on RussHell's team....

RussHell will go for the females for alliance mates in his tribe, I'm sure. Krista, Sarita, and Stephanie are all likely candidates.

If I had to pick a first boot off of Rob's team, it would be Krista, the oldest female...more than likely it will be the weakest challenge link....unless something really obvious pops up with their social interactions....loudmouth, lazy, sickness, etc.

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-11-11, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "MISSYAE TWEET: SEVEN (7) HE THINKS WILL DO WELL"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-11 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

"Early Missyae favorites for 22 - Mike, Matt, Ashley, Andrea, Natalie, Stephanie, Krista..."
about 11 hours ago via web

Rob's Team:

1. Andrea
2. Ashley
3. Matt
4. Natalie

Russ' Team:

5. Krista
6. Mike
7. Stephanie

01-11-11, 09:17 PM (EST)
32. "RE: CBS bios up"
I really hope it's not Kristina that goes first from Boston Rob's team! I like her because she has an autistic child -- and I have Asperger's Syndrome, an Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

01-13-11, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: S22 Cast"
Here are some interesting nuggets about 4 of the contestants from their hometown newspapers. (These are all posted on Survivor Fever, or see links below)

- Ashley Underwood The more I read about her, the more I think she's going to be a player! (Despite my initial impression based on her bio). She's a nurse, she has her own business, she played basketball in Europe, etc. Seems like a smart and very determined lady. This article says she will have done her homework and come totally prepared: "Underwood previously told the Morning Sentinel that she spent months preparing for the Miss USA pageant by watching videos of winning contestants and observing how they walked, turned and posed. "It's kind of like in basketball when I used to study film," Underwood said at the time."

This http://www.pressherald.com/life/former-miss-maine-takes-on-survivor_2011-01-11.html

- Andrea Boehlke . Here's another contestant that I thought I wouldn't like, but now that I'm learning more about her, I see that she's smart and will be a player. I wrongly assumed she was a recruited mactor, but this article says that she sent an audition tape. Her dad says that after being selected, she "embarked on a training regimen that included workouts, puzzles, shooting a slingshot and even butchering and cooking a chicken." (It also says she's a big fisher -- and I bet she'll know how to make fire too.) The dad also says that Survivor is the only TV show their family watched and they've been huge Survivor fans from the beginning. "I think she's a very determined person, and she doesn't like to lose," Royal Boehlke said. "She's always competitive, so I really think it's going to work out."

Andrea's one of my faves at this point, now that I know she's a huge fan and auditioned and has a lot of spunk. Since she and Ashley are on the same team, I can definitely see these two ladies forming an alliance and working together. Wish they were on Russell's team so they could pretend to be his Natalie!

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/article/20110112/SHE0101/101120391/Andrea-Boehlke-of-Random-Lake-to-compete-on-Survivor-

- Rooster I liked him already just from the fact that he applied 3 times and seems like a Big Tom type...but interesting that in this article it says that Kiser and teammate Ronnie Smith placed second in an adventure race show called "Back to the Woods." The producer of that shows says "the way Kiser attacked the adventure race will serve him well on Survivor, with his zest for life and ability to have fun while taking the game seriously as a serious competitor." He also says that Rooster will be underestimated. Based on the initial vidcaps and promos, looks like Rooster is being positioned as a prominent character or maybe even a fan favorite. I can see Rooster getting along with Russell and doing the whole southern boy thing...I think/hope Rooster is smarter than Big Tom...and he does have that long beard in the airport shots, although he could have grown that at Losers Lodge.

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2011/jan/12/survivor-not-first-reality-tv-experience-ralph-kis-ar-771171/

- Krista Klump Not much in this article, other than her grandfather was the co-inventor of Kraft Velveeta cheese! But based on her video, she seems to be similar to Ashley and Andrea in that she's not the dumb blond type and there's more than meets the eye.
http://blog.al.com/live/2011/01/former_auburn_cheerleader_on_t.html

I started out thinking I was going to hate this season based on all the pageant girls, etc. but a lot of the contestants are turning out to be more interesting than I originally gave them credit for -- definitely going to watch the first few episodes before giving up on this season!

01-13-11, 11:31 AM (EST)
35. "It's official! CBS announce Rob and Russell today"
01.13.2011 THIS JUST IN... ...from CBS Entertainment CBS ANNOUNCES THE TWO FORMER CASTAWAYS, RUSSELL HANTZ AND "BOSTON" ROB MARIANO, WHO WILL JOIN THE TRIBES ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND"

LOS ANGELES - Jan. 13, 2011 - CBS announced today that two former Survivors, Russell Hantz and "Boston" Rob Mariano, will join the 16 previously announced castaways on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND when the series returns for its 22nd season, Wednesday, Feb. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Having never been awarded the title of Sole Survivor, Hantz and Mariano return to compete for the one million dollar prize and one last shot at redemption. Each one will join a separate tribe of new castaways at the start of the game, but it's up to the tribe to decide if they will welcome the knowledge of an experienced veteran, or view these former castaways as a threat in the ultimate battle to outwit, outplay and outlast.

Here's a link to the video:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=vL7VLkrAxJOV3pgtkjq1SrmxwRBGBXVk

01-13-11, 04:56 PM (EST)
36. "EW article about Rob and Russell "
According to this new article on EW, the "former players will each join a tribe after a drawing of concealed buffs and — contrary to internet rumors — they will not be offered any immunity, meaning either one of them could be voted out first (and sent to Redemption Island, where they would be forced to compete to reenter the game)."

In the video that accompanies the article, Dalton Ross says that the team that got Rob was very happy, but the team that got Russell was clearly disappointed at first but then "rallies" and tries to make a show of being happy. So the video interview was obviously taped after the 1st day takes place.

Jeff says that he doesn't think Rob or Russell will get voted out first. He also thinks that although Rob will have an easier time of it at the beginning, Rob will have a harder time later in the game if he makes the merge, because he's popular and could win (vs. Russell who is hated and might be carried as a dog to the finals). Interesting point.

Russell told Jeff that he won't play the game the same way twice, so it will be interesting to see if/how he changes things up. Jeff says that Russell does typically stay true to his core alliance, so it could be a good thing to have Russell on your team if you're one of his 2 or 3 alliance mates.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/13/survivor-boston-rob-russell-redemption-island/

01-13-11, 07:59 PM (EST)
37. "RE: EW article about Rob and Russell "
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-11 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

I think Jiffy is losing his mind. Albeit, I would LOVE to see Rob kick RussHell's a$$. But, I think "RussHell Fatigue" is a clear and present danger...

I have never considered Robfadda a villain either. I may have initially thought he was an a$$, but he very quickly won me over in Marquesas. In All-Stars he was a very, very positive force....we used to refer to his tribe as the Happy Chappy's as they were always singing. Rob stayed true to his alliance until the bitter end...I agree, Rob has always given it his all, and he's a graceful loser as well, something RussHell is not.

Looking forward to this contest!

ETA: Has RussHell been admiring Coach's tattoos a little too much? Is that a big new tat that RussHell is sporting?

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-18-11, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: EW article about Rob and Russell "
Is that a big new tat that RussHell is sporting?

Good eyes, FloPo! Here are some HvV Episode 4 vidcaps that show RussHell's arm as a blank canvas.

01-28-11, 00:12 AM (EST)
39. "Jeff's Cast Assessment Video "
http://video.tvguide.com/Survivor/Survivor+Redemption+Island++Jeff+Probst+Cast+Assessment/6951372?autoplay=true

A few interesting nuggets:

- David has the highest IQ ever on Survivor

- Jeff "loves" Steve and would love to see him "go deep"

- Ralph/Rooster is "hands down" his favorite new Survivor

- He says that Mike is a strategy player and could go far

- Serita is one of his favorites, and he thinks she'll last a while

- Jeff thinks Stephanie will be the 1st one voted out

Also, Jeff says that ONE person will come back in the game from Redemption Island. Not sure if that was already confirmed? Perhaps we shouldn't take this literally. I'll have to look back at what Mark Burnett, etc. said in earlier interviews on this topic.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-11, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Jeff's Cast Assessment Video "
the allegation was that there would be two Redemption Island returners... one around the merge and one just before the Finale...

01-28-11, 11:51 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Jeff's Cast Assessment Video "
Thanks, Vince! So maybe we shouldn't take the "one" returnee literally. I'm going to bring the transcript over in a minute so we can look at it more closely.

01-29-11, 00:12 AM (EST)
42. "Transcript from Jeff Cast Assessment Video"
Here's the transcript from Jeff's cast assessment video. Thanks to Survivor Fever!

--------
Jeff Probst: We have something fun happening this season.

Kristina: They're not going to know what hit 'em.

Rooster: It's always about me.

Ashley: Dang.

Steve: Ahhhh.

Sarita: Game on.

Probst: I can feel it. I can feel it for them.

Stephanie: We're a good group.

Kristina: Really. Watch it.

Probst: Sarita is a favorite from the moment I met her and it's just about how she carries herself. She's very confident. She's lived long enough to not be excited about things.

Sarita: I've managed through many a divorce, many a move. I can survive with the best of them.

Probst: I think she'll last for awhile and if she can get past that merge and really deep into the game, she's going to be a threat to win.

Matthew reminds me physically a lot of Fabio who was on last year but he couldn't be more different. Other than the head toss.

Matthew: The long blonde hair, people automatically think I'm from California when, nope, I'm from Nashville. Not much surfing going on there.

Probst: I like Matthew. He seems to be pretty introspective. But you better watch out. That smile might be a mask hiding a bit of a wolf.

Julie Wolfe, I like Julie. She's a firefighter. She's a no BS kind of woman.

Julie: I have a personality at work where I have to be hardcore and kind of a #####.

Probst: She's got a stocky build that looks like she might have been a bodybuilder at some point and she's got a great enthusiasm.

Mike is Captain America, good-looking guy, very nice to talk to. He's definitely a strategy player. What are the rules again, how can I exploit them? This is a game and that's a guy after my heart because that's how I approach Survivor as well. This isn't about friends, this is about a million dollars. Mike could definitely make it far and Mike has the social skills to win.

Hopefully Andrea will break the mold that we've had recently of the young, usually blonde, often a pharmaceutical salesperson, who, doesn't really make a big splash but somehow finds her way towards the end. Andrea seems to have something else going on.

Andrea: I've been raised on a farm my whole life and hunting since I was 12 and fishing and camping. So I'm actually not too worried about the elements. I think I'm mentally tough and I don't think I'm going to crack.

Probst: Phillip is going to be in or out. He's got a line that he plans on laying on his tribe.

Phillip: When I got out of the service I became a special agent with the Department of the Defense.

Probst: I used to have access to all these secrets. Which is all true. But when you hear it, you kind of go, huh? When he told me he was gonna do it, I said, okay, good luck to ya. The question is going to be, for Phillip, do people buy it.

Natalie is so young in life that I'm actually surprised she's on our show.

Natalie: I love being the little baby. I feel like I'm the baby at whatever I do.

Probst: She impressed us with her gumption. She just kept telling us, don't judge me too quickly. I know I'm young but I've been through some stuff and I know how to dig deep. We liked her and we took a chance. She's a wildcard for us.

Steve Wright, I love this guy. I love him not because he's a football player, he's big guy, I like him because he loves Survivor and he's enthusiastic about Survivor. He knows how to pump himself up.

Steve: Just the A-type, pow, will come out.

Probst: He knows what competition is and I'm guessing he's probably pretty good at social dynamics. I would love to see Steve go deep in the game.

Ashley. High hopes for Ashley. She was in the pageant world.

Ashley: People don't respect pageant girls. I'm not stupid. I'm a nurse by education. I played basketball professionally overseas.

Probst: She's going to be able to help her tribe in challenges. When you're a woman who is attractive and you contribute, your chances for staying around as long as you have men on your tribe, are very high.

David Murphy holds the record of the highest IQ, ever, on Survivor. He's a defense attorney for high profile cases in Los Angeles and I asked him, how do you defend somebody that is guilty and he said, I never ask them if they're guilty. The way he answered that question, I think, gives you some insight into how he might play this game. (Alliance with Russell??)

David: It sounds awful to say it but I'm going to have to bring myself down to their level.

Probst: Krista Klumpp is a question mark at this point for me. If she folds it won't surprise me and if she turns out to be this really strong pillar on her tribe, it won't surprise me, either.

Krista: I like to kind of prove people wrong sometimes.

Probst: Grant, interesting dude. Former football player turned yoga instructor. Very much has that vibe about him. I just don't know which is the real guy. Will the competition side of him that took him through football come out or will the balanced, nurturing, let's all get along yoga side come out? If he is lucky and he can blend the two, a little competitive, a little nurturer, he can do very well.

Francesca is this big beaming light of energy. What I like most about Francesca is her mouth. She has got nicknames already for all these people.

Francesca: Probably the most entertaining thing about me is that I just like to talk trash about people.

Probst: Hopefully she is as spirited on the show as when we met her in casting.

Francesca: In the end we'll see who is the last one standing and I think it's going to be me.

Probst: Stephanie Valencia, if I'm right, will be one of the first people voted out, if not the first.

Stephanie: My mom says I can be rude at times but I don't think I'm being rude.

Probst: I hope I'm wrong. If my hunch is right, Stephanie, right now out on the beach in the rain already, hours into this game, is overwhelmed and wishing she was back home having a glass of wine and something to eat.

Stephanie: I'm here and my heart's in it and that's all I need to worry about.

Probst: Ralph Kiser, hands down, my favorite new Survivor.

Ralph: I'll make you laugh your ##### off.

Probst: I love him the minute he walked him.

Ralph: I'll say words that aint properly spoken, you know, supposed to be said right.

Probst: He is a hard worker. He's got a girlfriend, he still takes care of his wife. He built a house from scratch. He works a full time job and runs a farm. And he's got hair everywhere. What more do you want from someone on Survivor?

Ralph: Enjoy life while it lasts cause you're dead and gone. Have a hell of a good time.

Probst: Kristina Kell, another favorite. She's not 21. I think the enthusiasm of someone who's lived for awhile is infectious.

Kristina: I told medic, don't you dare pull me out of this thing. Unless my arm gets chopped off and even then if you can like bundle it up... like don't.

Probst: I think Kristina is probably going to play a very tough game. If I had to guess I think she might be one of the people who makes some big moves to try to win.

Kristina: Mark my words, watch, I'm gonna win.

Probst: The thing with Rob and Russell is that for whatever reason they are now icons on our show. If you talk about one of the most evil people that ever played, you'll say Russell. Truth is if you dig a little deeper, he's also one of the most successful. Nobody has had two alliances go all the way to the end like Russell has. So in a weird way, he's extremely loyal as long as you're on the right side.

Boston Rob is fascinating in that he started as a villain. He was despised by people and somehow he transformed into a hero. The good news for both Rob and Russell and everybody else is even when you're voted out, you're not out this season. Redemption Island awaits and one of those guys or girls is going to come back into the game. I have a feeling we're going to be talking about this season in high regard when it's over.

02-04-11, 11:19 AM (EST)
43. "Article about Ashley"
In this article Ashley says she tried out for Amazing Race with a pageant friend -- the friend made it but she didn't. So then she set her sights on Survivor. Sounds like she did a lot of prep work for Survivor, including:

"...workouts in the gym and getting into "really good shape," hearkening back to her basketball days at Cony and the University of Maine. Her goal was to put on more weight, more muscle and "bulk up," so she'd unmistakably be the "tough athletic girl. Her workouts included weight training, cardio, swimming and running....

"She also aimed to acclimate herself to the sweltering temperatures of Nicaragua by regularly hydrating herself, going to the sauna, and even cranking up the heat while driving in her car.

"Underwood also refreshed her memory on outdoors skills -- starting a fire, fishing, withstanding the elements...

"There was also mental preparation....In basketball, we used to study film, and honestly that's what I did here. I watched so many past seasons, especially the recent ones, really studying peoples' personalities, how people dealt with certain situations, and figuring out: how am I my own person?"

http://www.kjonline.com/news/former-miss-mainebenton-woman-nowsurvivor-contestant_2011-02-03.html

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •