The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-10-04, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
1. Jennifer Hudson
Okay, I admit to some pro-Jennifer bias, but did girl get the Full Diva Treatment this week, or what! As soon as I heard the first notes of her performance, the Diva of the Week crown was already on her sleekly coifed head. And of course, her soaring final note, with her arm rising to the sky screamed FIERCE! (I think her hand had its own camera.) Girlfriend worked it out! The outfit didn’t hurt her either… one can never go wrong with a classic black tailored suit. And her sky-blue silk blouse added just the right pop of color to draw attention upward to her expressive (and uncharacteristically subtle) face. I could have done without the huge hoop earrings, but her stylist seems to love them (much to my chagrin.)

2. LaToya London
So close to Diva of the Week, and definitely a solid first-runner-up, should Jennifer be unable to fulfill her duties. In a gauzy pink and yellow gradated strapless dress, Latoya was absolutely radiant. Her sexy short hair is back, thank god, allowing the eye to catch her ultra-fashionable bronze chandelier earrings. Bronze heels, eye shadow, bracelet and lipstick brought all the accessories together flawlessly. More Diva points for her slick Microphone technique, like a true professional, she knows just when to pull back on the power notes, giving her a smooth tone throughout.

3. Jon Peter Lewis
I want to find this boy’s stylist, sleep with him, and get him to go shopping with me. Talk about making a sows ear into a silk purse… former ‘pen salesman’ nerd JPL looks better every week. He looks… dare I say it… better than ME! His iridescent emerald jacket was flashy and risky… and a complete success. His collarless blue shirt, and blasted jeans rounded out the ensemble well. (And am I the only one who noticed how his jeans highlighted Jon’s… Peter? Perhaps big things do come in small packages?) The only thing keeping him off the top of the Diva list this week was his unfortunate stumble as he got off the chair. It is every performer’s nightmare to take the stage in front of millions, only to trip over one's own feet. (How embarrassing!)

4. George Huff
I loves me some George, despite what a complete nerd he obviously is. He is so over-the-top excited to be performing, and so blissfully unaware of his talent, how can you not root for him? This week, in a black denim shirt-jacket, super dark indigo jeans, and an olive T, he was understated and casually elegant. I’m sure he’s not picking this stuff out himself, but I’m happy they got him a good shopper. Otherwise he’d probably be looking more like Urkel than Usher.

5. Fantasia Burrino
Fantasia looked a little bit stuffed into her black shirred strappy backless dress, especially in the booty area, but I’m the first to admit I like big butts, so I won’t complain. And her strappy silver heels were the right retro touch in keeping with the 70’s feel of the dress’ waistline. But the earrings… no, no, no! The thin strands unfortunately looked less like silver and more like a certain bodily fluid dangling from her ears, reminding me of a scene from ‘There’s Something About Mary.’ (I know she wants Simon to like her, but girl, stay out from under that desk!)

6. Jasmine Trias
This critic’s darling took a big fall this week. I simply couldn’t find a way to reconcile the top half of her outfit (a pink tank with a pink bugle-beaded shirt that looked not unlike chain mail) with the bottom half (olive ¾ cargo pants.) And her shiny pink strappy heels were obviously meant to tie it all together, but failed. Also, I wish she’d lose the white/yellow Plumeria behind her ear, that gimmick is totally stale.

7. Diana Degarmo
Diana earns a huge Fashion Citation this week for perhaps her worst look so far this season (and that is saying a lot.) Let’s start with the top. I fear the Liberace museum is missing a tablecloth. The fabric, silky and blue, and patterned with huge purple, red and yellow cartoony butterflies, was simply ridiculous. And the cut, draped haphazardly over one shoulder (with one huge sleeve and one missing one) and tied on the other side at the hip, was unflattering and downright silly. Her lavender hoop earrings, purple exposed brastrap, and matching purple strappy heels, helped complete this fashion faux pas. And the hair! Let’s not even go into it. Suffice it to say, it was a ratted bunned flattened asymmetrical banged mess! (The only thing decent about her whole look was the black fitted bell-bottomed slacks… which I doubt anyone noticed with way too much else going on.)

8. Camile Velasco
All I can say this week about Camile’s look is… ouch. For her farewell performance, she sported an outfit that was a disaster from head to toe: A yellow tank, with a lime green and white striped tube top, charcoal multi-zippered ¾ jeans, white flats and a matching grommeted belt, and the ubiquitous rainbow wristband. I think this girl actually sings better than she dresses. (In case you’re confused, that’s a backhanded insult, which is sort of like a backhanded compliment, except without the compliment part.) I’d love to say I’ll miss her, but let’s be real.

9. John Stephens
A red jacket, blasted jeans, and a black T-shirt ($300.00.) Darker red hair-dye, a choppy cut, and a flat-ironing ($200.00.) A coat of pale base (to cover freckles) some mascara, and teeth bleaching ($700.00.) Watching next week as the public finally wises up and (despite his makeover) eliminates this talent-free third-rate-crooner and unexplained waste of prime television airspace: Priceless.

There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our Idol Finalists. I say, to those who scoff, they can all kiss my tanned, hairless, Stairmaster-toned a$$.

Larry Johnson is a comedy writer, currently working for Disney TV. Look for his weekly commentary from a gay point of view. Please check out his website, http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

Cumulative Rankings:
1. LaToya London 1.8 (2, 1, 2, 2)
2. Jennifer Hudson 2.8 (4, 2, 4, 1)
3. Jasmine Trias 3.5 (1, 4, 3, 6)
4. George Huff 3.8 (3, 3, 5, 4)
5. Jon Peter Lewis 4.0 (6, 6, 1, 3)
6. Fantasia Burrino 5.5 (5, 5, 7, 5)
7. Diana Degarmo 7.5 (9, 8, 6, 7)
8. John Stephens 8.8 (7, 9, 10, 9)

R.I.P.:
9. Camile Velasco 8.9 (11, 11, 9, 8)
10. Amy Adams 8.3 (10, 7, 8)
11. Matt Rogers 11 (12,10)
12. Leah LaBelle 8 (8)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... shedevil 04-10-04 1
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... Chrissy gal 04-10-04 2
 Larry, sweetie... greenmonstah 04-10-04 3
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... theincrediblehugey 04-10-04 4
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... anotherkim 04-10-04 7
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... shedevil 04-10-04 8
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... Wheezy 04-10-04 5
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... strid333 04-10-04 6
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... TeamJoisey 04-10-04 9
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... zombiebaby 04-10-04 10
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... rjrabbit 04-11-04 11
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... Tiger Lily 04-11-04 12
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... sodiumswirl 04-11-04 13
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... AugustGirl 04-11-04 14
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... dangerkitty 04-11-04 15
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... frisky 04-12-04 16
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... geg6 04-12-04 17
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... mahjonger 04-13-04 18
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (E... Bebo 04-13-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-10-04, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Wow, I actually agree with every thing you said, with the exception of John Stevens. I don't care for him but I liked how he looked. Thanks for the interesting post. I was totally bored before I read it and now I'm not.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-10-04, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
reminding me of a scene from ‘There’s Something About Mary.’

Oh Larry! You are so wicked; you are so funny; you are wickedly funny!

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Larry, sweetie..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-04 AT 05:13 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-10-04 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

You are simply the best.

<--- loves: http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-10-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Thanks, Larry! Been looking forward to this all week.

One comment about Jasmine's flower. I don't think it's a gimmick for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she has always worn a flower in her hair, and would feel kind of naked without it. Hawaiian pride in her culture is a big factor. She shouldn't have to sellout on her cultural traditions and try to conform to our standards, to gain our approval.

JPL Fan

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"

Jasmine made some comment about how she intended for the flower to be her signature aka gimmick earlier. To me it sort of limits her look.

--her "gimmick" is MUCH better than Camille's unfortunate choice.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-10-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
I don't know about that, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember seeing the flower in her hair in her "package" only when she was being interviewed in the studio or whatever. So yeah, gimmick all the way. I don't like it, but that's just my opinion. It gives her a cheesy and fake feel.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
"I fear the Liberace museum is missing a tablecloth."

LMAO! Thanks Todd and Larry.

Whee-boz

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-10-04, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Where do people think that they can mix any and all colours and still think they aren't pulling a hippy look? Oh, yeah. On American Idol.

Great as always.

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-10-04, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"

Larry, things must be looking up for you at home, because you are really, really cooking in these columns.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Thought you were "in the pocket" with your observs.!

I was wondering myself what that was that Camille was wearing!

Funny stuff, keep it coming!

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-11-04, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Very funny. Keep 'em coming. Looking forward to next week.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-11-04, 03:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Awesome as usual, Larry. Completely agree about Jennifer (I like her more and more every week), and LMAO at the part about John. Thanks!

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-11-04, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
John Stevens gives me motion sickness - especially when he stands completely still. And no, you weren't the only one to notice Jon's Peter Lewis, just the only one brave enough to point it out first.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-04, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Wheezy mentioned my favorite line already *waves to Whee-boz* but it's so funny it bears repeating:

I fear the Liberace museum is missing a tablecloth.

Thank you! Hilarious as usual.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-11-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"

(In case you’re confused, that’s a backhanded insult, which is sort of like a backhanded compliment, except without the compliment part.)

Great line, among many others! And of course, the Liberace Tablecloth is an instant classic.

Ahhhhhhhh....thank you, Larry! You do indeed make it worth it to keep watching this show. I was so looking forward to your take on Camille and Diana especially, and you did not disappoint! And everyone else was nailed dead-on, also.

Yea for Larry and the Journal!

dangerkitty

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Larry, your observations on Fantasia's earrings made me LMAO so loud I woke up the whole office!

Thanks!

*still LOLing*

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Larry, 2-9 were absolutely right on and I couldn't agree more. And, believe me, you weren't the only one to notice what JPL has going on. Sorry I can't agree with your #1, but I'll forgive you due to your well-known love for Jennifer and my well-known total dislike of her. Just gotta wonder, though, for someone who is world famous for his fine taste in garments and style, how can you praise someone who hasn't worn a single thing that fits her? I actually DO think her outfit was her best, but the jacket was at least two sizes too small!

mahjonger 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-13-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mahjonger Click to send private message to mahjonger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Yes, yes, you make it all worthwhile -- the hour I thought I wasted watching last week's catastophe. Bravo, bravo! I agree with geg6 though that Jennifer's outfits are a tad too tight. Maybe that's what accounts for the faces?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Four (Elton John)"
Bebo.HEART.Larry

But then, you already knew that, didn't you?

Add me to the long list of admirers who won't be forgetting that tablecloth comment anytime soon.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •