The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-30-10, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
EMOTIONS RUN HIGH AS THE ELEMENTS SET IN AND THE CASTAWAYS ARE LEFT QUESTIONING THEIR PLACE IN THE GAME, ON "SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA,"

"You Started, You're Finishing" - A castaway's selfish act causes great disappointment for an alliance member; meanwhile another tribe member shares some motherly advice to toughen up a young castaway, on SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA, Wednesday, Dec. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Holly gives the motherly advice to NaOnka? We saw on the recap show the development of their "bond."

Also, I think the title comes from Holly's advice to NaOnka.

Selfish act -- Jane? We saw her eating the fish by herself again on the recap show, so maybe this time she gets caught?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Krautboy 11-30-10 1
   RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... CTgirl 11-30-10 2
       RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... ChickieBoc 12-01-10 3
           RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Outfrontgirl 12-01-10 4
               RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... rachelOH63 12-01-10 5
               RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... ChickieBoc 12-05-10 7
                   RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Outfrontgirl 12-05-10 8
                       RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... dabo 12-06-10 9
                           RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Outfrontgirl 12-06-10 10
                               RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Round Robin 12-06-10 11
                                   RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... dabo 12-06-10 12
                                       RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Round Robin 12-07-10 14
                                           RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... dabo 12-08-10 15
                                       RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Outfrontgirl 12-08-10 16
                                           RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Georjanna 12-08-10 17
                                               RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Outfrontgirl 12-08-10 18
                                                   RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Georjanna 12-09-10 19
           RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... suzzee 12-02-10 6
               RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You'... Karchita 12-06-10 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-30-10, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
Would quitting be considered a "selfish act", if the remaining members of the alliance find themselves suddenly in the minority?

Agree that Holly gives NaOnka motherly advice...

NaOnka: "Holly kinda reminds me of a mom"

Krautboy

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-10, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-10 AT 10:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-30-10 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

I just finished watching the recrap (yeah, I know I'm 6 days late but this season isn't the most riveting!). In the recap Nay has a confessional where she says that she needs to take care of Purple Kelly. Kelly needs someone to lean on and Nay wants to take her to the end. That scene made me think of the CBS clue and the selfish act so I agree that quitting could be considered selfish. Especially since Nay's quitting probably prompts Kelly to quit too and they leave their alliance high and dry.

ETA: And Holly "the mother" is probably the disappointed one but that doesn't fit with the meanwhile...

ChickieBoc 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-01-10, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChickieBoc Click to send private message to ChickieBoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
Oh no CTgirl.... Did you just tell me who quits this week?

I have to ask, what ever happened to the good old days where in a post one would say "If you want to know click here", or "If you don't want to know keep reading"?

I understand this is Spoilers. But when did every1 stop using links in their posts and just start blurting things out?

This is my favorite forum, I have been lerking since Pearl Islands. But *sniff, sniff* seems I might have to wait until the season is over before coming back to Spoilers and just stick with Fanatics for now. Gone are the days of detective work and speculation. I really miss those days....

Oh, who am I kidding. I will still come in and read Michael’s posts...lol.. They are always a great read and I believe he is spoiler free

~CB~

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-10, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
We had a 151 post discussion on spoiler protocol and it was agreed that there will be spoilers in the spoiler forum topics unless specifically agreed that there won't be.

Please don't complain about finding spoilers here! If you go in a spoiler forum, expect to find them ... it is not fair to others to expect differently.

Veruca's topic is spoiler free, and there's a spoiler free vidcap topic somewhere, and there's the vote topic, and the east coast live thread ... those are the "safe" topics.

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-01-10, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
I don't know why, but Chickie's post cracks me up!
They must have taken November off...and missed all the hoop-la!!
Have an EXCELLENT Survivor Day!!

ChickieBoc 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-05-10, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChickieBoc Click to send private message to ChickieBoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
As mentioned I get this is spoilers. But I also take care, looking at the topic before reading any forum. If the heading contains the word Spoiler I don't go there..

I hadn't read the discussion on spoiler protocol. (Sorry about that).

I guess I just need to accept now we have the likes of missaye around this is the way things will be moving forward.

Also it may have been obvious to some who was leaving. Even I figured Kelly would be one of them. But deep down, I guess I was hoping Dan would be the other. He offers no value or entertainment to me what so ever.
Wishful thinking I know.

12-05-10, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
ChickieBoc,
I'm sorry that you got an unpleasant surprise. Would it help if the group decisions made in the protocol discussions were summarized in a new topic? Nothing is official, of course. The actual guidelines for the forum don't lay out anything about how spoilers and spec should be separated.

I'm not sure we even reached a consensus. It was more like we agreed to try it a certain way. For the moment, certain topics will not have source spoilers, and anything else is open to them, unless it's labeled spoiler free by its maker. I think that's where we're at, but I'm not 100%.

The no source spoiler topics are the East Coast play by play, the editing topic, and the vote topic. Last week there were two vidcap topics, one spoiler free. This week we have one. I remain confused about the protocol on the vidcaps.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-10, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
I started a spec only thread for this week but so far no one has contributed to it, not even to add vidcaps. Other than vidcaps it is undetermined what anyone wanted in spoiler free topics. If nobody is going to do the work to start such threads, or contribute their ideas in a spec only thread, I don't know where else to go with this.

12-06-10, 08:08 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
It's not your job, dabo. If people want the topics they can start them.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-10, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
I don't think missyae going forward is going to carry the weight in the spoiler community that he did through S21. SeeBS and/or SEG has apparently unearthed his source, judging by what I read in the missyae topic here and in the one he started on Sucks, and his source has apparently A)fed him a load of bull$hit about S22, and B) ratted him out. missyae has also been sued, and with him having been sued and his source now being unreliable and radioactive, I don't see missyae or any other source spoilers being very active in the near future. Once S21 is over I don't think you have too much to worry about from source spoilers.

12-06-10, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
Okay, that's weird. They all fade/fail eventually, don't know what could really sued over. But we may want to up the spec for the remainder of the season, the timing of this is a bit convenient.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-10, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
They can't figure out over there either why he got sued, but he says he has the lawsuit to prove it. Maybe they could get an injunction to order him not to publish stolen or illegally released information, but I can't imagine it being any more than that if he obeys the injunction. But he'll have to spend money on a lawyer to defend himself, and that itself is deterrent enough to scare off any other source spoilers out there at least for the time being.

12-08-10, 02:31 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
He might not even need a lawyer to defend himself against a frivolous harrassment lawsuit. If he's not contracted with CBS or SEG he should just triple dog dare them to go through with it and show up with all the reporters he can gather.

12-08-10, 09:46 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
It's pretty obvious to me what he could be sued for, but then I took Business Law as part of a paralegal program a few years back. Third parties are not supposed to interfere with contractual relations ... it's called Tortious Interference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference

It's dubious IMHO that spoiling causes economic damages to EPM, because it's not like people don't watch the show because the outcome was leaked. If anything, they watch it to see the spoilers pan out. But proving damages is sort of the last phase of a lawsuit ... a lot can go on before the plaintiff has to make the case in that regard.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-10, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-10 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

Well, if this provision of Common Law (as it is defined and described in the linked article) is the basis for the CBS suit ~

The definition of Tortious Interference of Contract
When an individual uses "tort" (a wrongful act) to come in between two parties mutual contract.

The description of Tortious Interference of Contract
1.The existence of a contractual relationship or beneficial business relationship between two parties.
2.Knowledge of that relationship by a third party.
3.Intent of the third party to induce a party to the relationship to breach the relationship.
4.Lack of any privilege on the part of the third party to induce such a breach.
5.The contractual relationship is breached.
6.Damage to the party against whom the breach occurs.

~ Then I suspect that in this (paraphrased) question - 'How do you obtain your information?' - and (paraphrased) reply - 'I answer the phone and listen' - we've heard the crux of the counterargument.

Hello ...

12-08-10, 08:22 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
Exactly.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-10, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 07:37 AM (EST)

I think that it is fascinating - in a rather surprising and/or bizarre sort of way - that the little-stage, big-stage tattle tales of Missyae and Mr. Assange - that, at least superficially, present with very similar sets of fact and frame very similar legal issues - are playing simultaneously. If for no other reason than their supporting casts:

Producer Mark Burnett/President Barack Obama, CBS and SEG/The US Departments of State and Justice, Survivor Sucks/The New York Times, etc.

Hello ...

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-10, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
I must be the absolute worst guesser/speculator as far as who gets booted but even I saw this one coming. It was only a matter of checking off the tribe members who wouldn't quit. Na and Kelly were left.

Charter member of the Sarcasm Society

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-06-10, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 12 -- You Started, You're Finishing "
I think I would at least tie you for the worst guesser/speculator title, but even I thought it was pretty well broadcast in the recrap.

Bouquet by c2p

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •