The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Recrap/Ep11? Vidcaps )))Spoilers Zone((("
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-10, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Recrap/Ep11? Vidcaps )))Spoilers Zone((("
For Total Spoiling! Don't open if you don't want to know.

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...Naonka's antics have the tribe in an uproar.

Chase: I was just shocked that Naonka would do something so stupid.

Fabio: Naonka obviously wasn't thinking straight, we gotta get her out, now.

Dan: If one of the guys had done that, I would have told them to just get the out of here and don't come back.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 A One day cycle Flowerpower 11-18-10 1
   RE: A One day cycle Outfrontgirl 11-18-10 2
       RE: A One day cycle Georjanna 11-18-10 5
   rain Outfrontgirl 11-18-10 3
       RE: rain Outfrontgirl 11-18-10 4
           RE: rain Georjanna 11-18-10 6
           Questions Flowerpower 11-19-10 7
               RE: Questions Brownroach 11-19-10 8
               RE: Questions kiki_k 11-19-10 9
                   RE: Questions Outfrontgirl 11-19-10 10
                       RE: Questions kiki_k 11-19-10 11
                           RE: Questions Outfrontgirl 11-19-10 12
               RE: Questions Outfrontgirl 11-19-10 13
 Promo for "We did it Guys", Recrap Flowerpower 11-20-10 14
 post recrap challenges Outfrontgirl 11-25-10 15
   Quick question mindy23 11-26-10 16
       RE: Quick question kiki_k 11-26-10 17
       RE: Quick question Outfrontgirl 11-27-10 18
           RE: Quick question Round Robin 11-27-10 19
               RE: Quick question mindy23 11-27-10 20
 Promo spoiler kiki_k 11-27-10 21
   RE: Promo spoiler Round Robin 11-28-10 24
 Vidcaps Flowerpower 11-27-10 22
 "We're Finishing" Vidcaps Flowerpower 11-27-10 23
   RE: "We're Finishing" Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 11-28-10 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "A One day cycle"
The Ponderosa clip notes that the next tribal council is the night after Brenda is voted out....it's a one day cycle. Furthermore, it's POURING rain....fwiw.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A One day cycle"
It's a one day cycle because supposedly Na Onka informs Jeff at the RC that she intends to QUIT. It was supposed to be a 3 day cycle. We do not have an entirely clear picture of how it all goes down, but we thought that there was no immunity challenge. They convene an impromptu TC where she is allowed to officially quit, after Jeff does his best to talk her out of it.

That's why it's so interesting that CBS is choosing to show Fabio with the necklace on. Either it is from his earlier win, or some of the spoiler information is a bit off.

There is no spoiler information about further antics from Na Onka, so again we don't know if this is old or new. Supposedly she quits -- says she quits -- because her bones hurt and she thinks she has a disease. Apparently she has a health history that could fuel such a concern.

We don't know if medical speaks to her or not.
It's not clear whether the RC is played or the reward enjoyed. It sounded like she intended to play, win, and enjoy a reward even though she intended to quit. However, it also sounds like Jeff learns of her intent at the challenge. Not sure if he stops the challenge, if she is on the winning side, if the rewards happens -- all up for grabs as spec until and if we hear more from a source.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-10, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A One day cycle"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-10 AT 01:06 AM (EST)

I just watched the Ponderosa clip of Marty and Alina departing for the last Tribal. And, given that the slight difference in the light remaining in the sky is probably because of the rain (it is darker in the later clip of Alina, Marty and Brenda leaving), I think that the RC and Reward were allowed to play out: although the three received "mail" that announced the impending TC in the late morning/early afternoon, it would seem that the Tribal convened at the normal - evening - hour.

And that makes sense to me. With a scheduling/editing hole yawning before them, I can't think of any reason why Jeff, et al would benefit from canceling or telescoping challenges. So, for the same reason, I think that the IN that Jud is sporting is either from his earlier win or from an IC that we'll see in an Episode airing later than December 1. It wouldn't be the first time that Recap teases featured 'into the future' footage.

And, as I've said elsewhere, I do think that this promo is intended to promote/refer to the Recap and not Episode 11. But the strongest evidence I have to support that contention is from a dubious source: CBS. As in this blub accompanying the video on its website:

"Next On: We Did It Guys

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 9:05pm

CBS Promo

New scenes shed light on the
castaways and decisions made in
the competition... Watch Now"

ETA: The full text of the CBS intoduction to the video (and its link).

Is there a reason why we're not talking about the petite elephant in the room?

11-18-10, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "rain"
very good info, have not watched the Ponderosa clips yet. As we know, Na Onka loses it when it rains, and of course the shelter is even worse than it was the last time she got cold and wet, because of the fire, and there is almost no food now.

11-18-10, 11:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: rain"
oh, I just watched it and I see that Alina had a nice sunny day and it didn't appear to be raining the night that Brenda arrived at Ponderosa. So never mind, Na Onka didn't get the pouring rain the night before she quit, just the night she quit.

Have to feel sorry for Alina, who is wishing for a nice grounded person to show up, and she gets Na Onka. But she will also get Purple Kelly. I think even Jeff doesn't know that Kelly is going to quit until it happens at TC.

I didn't see Kelly at all in this week's promo. It will be interesting to see what they show of her in the recap and any additional promos. I mean, how do you deal with the boot of someone that you've practically erased from the show?

You can tell they are gearing up, because they showed Jeff asking her a question at Brenda's boot TC, plus they showed her at the reward.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: rain"
Ah! And with the rain, the elephant ...

11-19-10, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Questions"
In the morning after Brenda arrives at the Ponderosa, Alina goes to lay by the pool in the AM, while Marty and Brenda are still hashing things out at breakfast. The day does appear cloudy, and it must have gotten more cloudy as it led up to rain. By the time they leave for TC it's pouring.

As for NaOnka. Yes, rain depletes her reserve quickly. So, I can see that no matter how hard Jeff tries to keep her in the game, she opts to leave it, as it's pouring. Interesting to note the time of day that they got tree mail. We see Alina in the same suit, and Marty is now relaxing outdoors as well. They go and find Brenda, and Marty's in a different bathing suit? What's up with that? I suspect that the tree mail arrives at least by midday, after lunch perhaps...I'll bet that the RC takes place.

What I want to know is about Kelly Purple. Does she quit immediately with NaOnka, or does she wait till another day? With the rain and the dire events with the fire, along with her being out of the loop, I can see how Kelly Purple would quit along with NaOnka. She's never been whole-heartedly in this.

As for the vidcaps that we received at the completion of Episode 10....for me, they are clearly old images, and I think they are indicative of the recrap. Especially as Georgiana notes the verbage that CBS posted to go along with it. It's definitely the recrap preview vidcaps, imo. Therefore, I think that's Fabio with his old IN remarking on the theif that NaOnka is. As is Dan.

You know what's interesting, now that Brenda is gone, it seems like NaOnka is sitting pretty....why would she quit after making a power play? What happens in addition to the rain that culminates in a quit?

Benry, Holly, Jane, Fabio, Dan have all got to be thrilled with the Brenda boot.

Chase, Kelly Purple, and Sash must be reeling, but Sash would keep his mouth shut. Perhaps the folks that she feels closest too, Chase, Kelly P, and Sash give her the cold shoulder and it's too much for her...

She is such a nut case I feel like it's futile to try and logically figure her out...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-10, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Questions"
I can see how Kelly Purple would quit along with NaOnka.

That's what happened according to missyae. First NaOnka announced she planned to quit at the RC. That night they had a TC, NaOnka quit and then Kelly Purple quit along with her.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-10, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Questions"
I wish I had answers, but I guess we will have to wait and see. NaOnka is def. a nutcase (starts with "N" like her name, how ironic -- h/t Brownroach). Missyae says she quits because her "bones hurt" and she thinks it is something serious -- something to the effect that she has some kind of history of illness but the details aren't clear. Missyae did say it is not because she feels guilty over betraying Brenda and that to this day she has no regrets over that. Personally, I agree with NaOnka -- her move against Brenda was really the only big move we've seen this entire season, so kudos for her for that. If she hadn't quit and somehow made it to the finals (especialy with Dan & Holly)* she would have had a better chance at winning than if she had made it to the finals with Brenda (not that I'm saying she would have won, but at least she could have had that move to show that she was playing the game).

*The original La Flors had a pact that they would vote for a young person to win no matter what -- that tidbit was revealed in an insider clip with Purple Kelly.

11-19-10, 06:49 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Questions"
I'm glad you mentioned that PK clip, kiki -- it really shows why the La Flors are working to eliminate each other and not worrying about Jane or Holly. No matter what Marty tried to sell them, they have no plans to give Jane a million.

Now, that could change if the backstabbing becomes too egregious, but I do not count a power move like what just happened, and most would respect it.

There is a new teaser on TV.com that in Ep 11 "the men" are not happy with Na Onka for betraying Brenda. I think this will be Chase and Sash, who are both in a worse position because Nay went with Holly and Jane (and the other three guys).

It has been spoiled that Na Onka will give Chase her HII before she leaves. She does this because of the night he prayed with her and she was so low. This happens in Episode 11, clearly. I won't spoil the boot for Ep 12 here, but something to consider is that Chase and Sash will both have known idols, even though they are in a terrible position with respect to alliances after the Brenda boot.

11-19-10, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Questions"
Exactly OFG -- Chase having NaOnka's HII & Sash having Marty's HII are the only cards they have at this point; otherwise they would both be "easy pickings" for Holly, Jane, Dan, Fabio & Benry (if, in fact, those 5 stay together), or even if just 4 of them stay togehter (as I could see Jane trying to protect Chase). In that case, it would still be 4 v. 3.

I know it has been spoiled that the HIIs don't really "change the game" per se, but I would contend they do, as simply having one in your possession gives you leverage. And I still don't like the HIIs -- but that's another post .

11-19-10, 08:48 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Questions"
Exactly -- they do change the game. To put the spoiler in perspective, it is more that coming off of Heroes vs. Villains and Samoa, with those game-changing moves, we were told not to expect to see anyone pull a game-changing PLAY of an idol. This season, the idols are used passively, as protection.

Compare it with the Tocantins season maybe, where Taj/Stephen never played it, or Gabon, where it was enough that Sugar had it to get her to F3.

11-19-10, 08:55 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Questions"
Thank you for the weather analysis, FP, good stuff! Will have to watch that again, what a sharp eye noting that Marty has a new suit on. So they manipulated something there?
Love the time analysis comparing Ponderosa and the day in camp. Spoiling by Ponderosa clips, love it!

The Na Onka thing has me a bit baffled. CBS tweeted this clip of her where she shows her head is totally in the game. I linked it in the Insider topic. She says that food and comfort aren't going to concern her from here on out.

We have a clip of Purple planning to "step up" her game. CBS is doing the opposite of explaining the quits in advance. I guess they are opting to try and shock us.

I agree that they NEED an RC and a reward to fill up the episode. I am just not sure what happened. The one time they speak to Probst is prior to playing the challenge, so it makes sense that the NO plan to quit would be raised then.

I got the impression that Probst is not too pleased that someone who plans to quit that day is standing there ready to play for and enjoy a nice reward.

11-20-10, 08:45 AM (EST)
14. "Promo for "We did it Guys", Recrap"

Announcer: Survivor, Wednesday...

Fabio: It's a beehive, ouuuu!

Naonka : Fabio needs a beehive wrapped all around his body.

Jane : Beg, borrow, steal...whatever I gotta do.

Announcer: Think you've seen it all, you aint seen nothing yet.

Naonka : I love you.

Naonka : Holly kinda reminds me of my mom.

Fabio : We gotta get her out.

Jane : Sucker!

Sash : I've been sneaking end agreements with everyone.

Chase : At some point in the game you've got to chop the negative person you might be closest with.

11-25-10, 07:07 AM (EST)
15. "post recrap challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-10 AT 07:55 AM (EST)

I don't know if caps are out yet, but this is what I saw on my TV:

The F9 RC is being played as two teams. There must be a sit-out again?
Moving large stuffed dolls (themselves?) through ropes course.

Yellow Team:
Fabio, Sash, Jane, Kelly Purple

Blue Team
Ben, Chase, ??

Sits Out ????

F7 challenge, individual, mud crawl under ropes from mats, not sure of other parts, in lanes from right to left,
Chase, Fabio, Jane, Dan, Benry, Sash, Holly.

The shot of Jane doing rope-a-dope type challenge, she has a yellow sash around her waist, should mean it's a team RC. Not the mud crawl, not dirty, and not the dummy drag, has sash around head for that. F6 RC? Has to be, I think.

Scene that shows Loved Ones arriving?
Chase and Holly showing emotion, Dan's ear visible next to Chase.

Shot of Na Onka giving Chase HII. In final scene, Chase is unwrapping HII. Chase wears that wristband that's in the shot on the right hand.

What else? Dan is mad at someone, a guy, and next flash is Sash. We know from missyae that Dan will get really mad at Sash, and will stay mad.

Boy, they are previewing the quitters very obviously, spoiling any surprise.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-10, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Quick question"
When one quits,this close to the end, they are NOT allowed on the jury, right??

11-26-10, 03:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Quick question"
Nope.

Although I think quitters should NOT be on the jury, they are.

11-27-10, 00:25 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Quick question"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-10 AT 00:26 AM (EST)

Quitting the show, according to the Survivor Rules, makes you ineligible for prize money or to serve on the jury -- at the producer's discretion. When Janu quit, I believe she negotiated for a place on the jury, which set a precedent. However, it all depends on what SEG wants to do.

They had planned on a F3. Recently they have gone with 9 jurors for the F3. Remember that the bootees prior to the jury are not sequestered, so they can't come back.

I don't think that quitters deserve ANY say over who wins a million dollars. I think though that production allowed it for reasons unrelated to what was deserved, rather what they felt was needed in terms of numbers.

There's been a discussion on this all season at Sucks, hundreds and hundreds of posts on it ... not that I expect anyone here to have read it, just saying that missyae's topic overflows with the debate on quitters.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-27-10, 04:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Quick question"
The rules probably say what they do to prevent an excess of Osten-type quitters, but that "producer's discretion" part is there for a reason, and Jeffo and Marko aren't going to do anything that they think will harm either the current series or future series. Survivor still has plenty of life left in it IMO, and I don't think Jeffo and Marko think it would help their recruiters and casters find the kind of players they want if they got a reputation for being too harsh on quitters.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-10, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Quick question"
Well, I'm beginning to wonder if this is all a set up to boost ratings. BUT, in any case, I'm growing very weary of the whole thing! All this carp we've dealt with from N'Onka, and now THAT? And to see her on the jury, giving out her two cents' worth-it nauseates me!

They'd better come up with some major back-pedding/apologizing/renegotiating to be able to bring back some of the loyal fans after this. IMHO, anyway. I am one of them....

11-27-10, 06:34 PM (EST)
21. "Promo spoiler"
During the LSU v. Arkansas game just now they ran a promo for next week's episode (Episode 12 if the recap is Episode 11) and the announcer said "2 contestants quit" at next weeks TCs. There goes CBS again, spoiling its own show!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-28-10, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Promo spoiler"
Well, as we all know here at Blows, that has been well spoiled already thanks to missyae's source, so I doubt them what're in charge figured they were hiding anything from most people.

11-27-10, 08:37 PM (EST)
22. "Vidcaps"
New promo vidcaps, courtesy of Survivor Fever:

The Voice Over notes that this is a promo for the "all-new Survivor", this week. They shed skepticism on the longevity of NaOnka and Kelly Purple, so I presume they are appropriate for this week. It also confirms that it is quite stormy during the day, and that there is a threatening waterway that is nearby....

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next week on an all new Survivor...

Holly: Oh my God!

Probst: As the storms get stronger...

Benry(?): It's like class three rapids.

Probst: ...Naonka gets weaker.

Naonka: As it rains and it pours, it makes me feel like crap.

Probst: And Purple Kelly finally has something to say.

Kelly : I just don't know like physically, how much longer I can put up with this.

11-27-10, 08:58 PM (EST)
23. ""We're Finishing" Vidcaps"
Courtesy of Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Only 9 castaways are left.

Chase : Oh my God.

Chase: : What?

Probst: The end is in sight. But the closer they get...

Fabio: She straight up lied to me and you, both.

Probst: The harder it becomes.

Holly : He talks too much. He's paranoid.

Probst: Strategy intensifies.

Chase : Do you swear on your mom that you will not backstab me?

Probst: Conflict escalates.

Dan: I want to see that...walk out with his torch down.

Probst: Who will outwit the cutthroat competition?

Jane : If we stay strong 4 we dominate.

Probst: Who will outplay in grueling challenges?

Probst: : Fabio fighting for the lead!

Probst: Who will outlast the extreme conditions?

Naonka : I made this far, I'm proud of myself.

Probst: Who will become the Sole Survivor?

Fabio: And the rest of the game, it's smooth sailing.

11-28-10, 04:24 AM (EST)
25. "RE: "We're Finishing" Vidcaps"
The weather must be very localized the night of Brenda's boot and the next day. I watched the Ponderosa again, and it's dry at TC when Brenda leaves, and dry for as late as the shot goes. Brenda is done eating and off to her room, and Marty is outside, and no rain or wetness.

Next day is pool weather all day at Ponderosa, but it's been raining and flooding at camp? (Of course the flood water is from inland rains finding their way to the sea.) Then during the challenge, it's dry.

That night when the jurors head out to Tribal, it's raining at Ponderosa, as FloPo mentioned.

It seems like it was completely different at Ponderosa and at camp. I thought they were pretty close to each other.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •