The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-10, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
I am getting very confused looking for things from earlier Eps because the episode numbers in the various thread titles have gotten out of whack. Last night's ep was Episode 10. The next episode will be Episode 11 -- or it will be the recrap with the following week being Episode 11.

I just wanted to point this out to keep everyone's head from exploding.

So should we call the upcoming episode: Episode 11 or Recrap?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (o... dabo 11-18-10 1
 RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (o... Georjanna 11-18-10 2
   RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (o... Brownroach 11-18-10 3
       RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (o... Georjanna 11-19-10 6
           RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (o... Brownroach 11-19-10 7
               RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (o... Outfrontgirl 11-19-10 8
 RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (o... Outfrontgirl 11-19-10 4
   RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (o... Round Robin 11-19-10 5
   RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (o... Outfrontgirl 11-19-10 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-10 AT 04:54 PM (EST)

My TV listed last night's show as episode 11, can only guess that some programmer monkey confused boot 11 with the episode number. It hasn't updated yet for next week, just a generic "Castaways compete for cash." They'll get around to it eventually.

My preference is to call a recrap a recrap. There may be some telling revelations but, essentially, it isn't a game episode in my mind, no one will win a challenge that hasn't already been won, no one will get the boot who hasn't already been booted.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-10, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

There are already two "Recrap" threads (without any Episode designations) on the Board. The first is a - standard - spoiling thread without any extraneous description of its initial or expected content. The author of the second - parallel - discussion has indicated in the thread's heading that it does not, and is not expected to, contain sourced spoilers: that it is, in effect, a Spoiler Free Zone.

So, I think we have the "Recrap" (airing this coming Wednesday) covered and I would suggest that anyone initiating posts addressing the Episode airing December 1st refer to "Episode 11".

Would that work?

ETA: As for the two Vidcap threads already on the Board, you've made a persuasive case, Brownroach, that the caps that we have - to date - are intended to promote the next Episode (11). But, I really think that they are intended to introduce the Recap.

So, I have no idea how we should re-label them. If we could ...

11-18-10, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
I like the idea of using the two recrap-titled threads for the recrap vidcaps, as I maintain we haven't gotten any yet -- even if we're currently seeing old discarded footage. And to the extent we'll want to analyze recrap vidcaps.

I have no idea about relabeling either. Probably not necessary at the moment as long as everyone keeps their bearings.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-19-10, 03:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
I like the idea of using the two recrap-titled threads for the recrap vidcaps, as I maintain we haven't gotten any yet

Okay ...

According to the CBS site, the video from which said vidcaps flow is a promo for a Survivor offering titled We did it, Guys.

I can wait ...

11-19-10, 10:03 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
They do usually give the recrap some (lame) title. But "We Did It Guys" fits better for the next real EP, coming off their successful scheme to oust a powerful player. Probably someone says it when they get back to camp. It doesn't make sense as a recrap title, imo. We'll see...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-10, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
Agreed, the recrap is typically titled "A Closer Look" or something like that.

We Did It Guys should be a remark about how they flipped the power in the game from the hands os self proclaimed king and queen.

11-19-10, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
In the past, CBS has promoted the next new episode in "next time on Survivor." Then at some point it starts promoting the "special" edition of turkey and stuffing., typically with a montage of recognizably old footage.

Then the Recrap will have a Next Time on Survivor that may include scenes from episodes all the way up to the F4, plus teasers for the next new episode.

In the week after the Recrap, there should be other new promos for Ep 11.

The Next Time that we got should be for Ep 11, but they are deliberately messing with people by showing old footage. Whether the Voiceover is to be taken seriously as new information -- I would hope that it can, but I'm not entirely sure.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-19-10, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
SeeBS is worse than notorious for using clips in previews that are not from the actual episode they are allegedly previewing. With that and all your posts in this thread in mind, I wonder if they did that for this preview, especially with the part about NaOnka's antics?

11-19-10, 06:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Next Episode = EPISODE 11 (or Recrap)!"
I was wrong and Georgianna had it right. I found it listed on tv.com..

We Did It Guys is the recrap and the Ep 12 title is TBA.

Here's the listing for 12/1

The men aren't happy with NaOnka's decision to jump ship on her alliance with Brenda.

That gives us a bit more to chew on. I'm guessing Sash and Chase are not happy. I don't see why Benry, Jud, or Dan would mind. Will they trust her now that she's a proven flipflopper? No.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •