The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-22-04, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
I know they said on the CBS site that he's a "former CIA agent, covert operative" and that he's flown planes... but wouldn't he be the coolest assassin ever?

Think about it... that gait, always being lost, the floppy hat, the bigass underwear trying to escape his pants, being a total lush, and the what-me-worry? demeanour, it's a perfect cover!

He could even hide a pistol under these manboobs and nobody would think of looking under there if he ever got strip-searched (ok there's an image I didn't need to think of so soon after breakfast).

Did y'all see his quickness in snapping up these tickets ahead of Jonathan and Victoria? That guy's got more smarts than he let on.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... Breezy 12-22-04 1
 RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... Bebo 12-22-04 2
   RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... Ontario TAR Fan 12-22-04 7
       RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... PepeLePew13 12-22-04 8
 RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... Seana 12-22-04 3
   RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... udg 12-23-04 10
 Assassain? Nah. You know what he re... Fishercat 12-22-04 4
 RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... J Slice 12-22-04 5
   RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... ginger 12-22-04 6
       RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... J Slice 12-22-04 9
           RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... Estee 12-23-04 11
   RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... okaychatt 12-25-04 15
 RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... dushka 12-23-04 12
   RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... PepeLePew13 12-24-04 13
       RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... Furious_George 12-24-04 14
 RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative w... okaychatt 12-25-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
Like he said, they're not going to be the fastest so they have to be the smartest. He noticed the travel agents earlier and went right there for the plane tickets. Smart thinking.

But please leave your shirt on Gus!!!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-04, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
I think he's the reason why we don't have Tim Horton's doughnuts here in the States. I'm sure his "investigation" involved declaring them contraband...and sampling the evidence.

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-22-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
But Ms. Bebo, you do! From the Tim Hortons Website "As of June 2004, there are over 228 Tim Hortons locations in the United States. These are situated in Michigan, Ohio, New York, West Virginia, Kentucky, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. Future expansion and opportunities will continue in these markets as well as Erie (PA)."

12-22-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
Heh, that came from someone who has Krispy Kremes all over the country, which is 10 times more lethal than Tim Horton's donuts...

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-04, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
>Did y'all see his quickness in
>snapping up these tickets ahead
>of Jonathan and Victoria?
>That guy's got more smarts
>than he let on.

Also, he's got the patience of some Bible guy* who had a lot of patience for not popping Scumbag right in the nose.

"If you hadn't got those tickets ahead of us we'd be in first place."

Get.Out.

Brilliant deduction there, Holmes.

*Job. I know it's Job.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-23-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
That was almost as good as Eliza's comments about Scout. "If she weren't weaker & slower than me, I'd be the weakest, slowest person, and I could be the gatekeeper on the task I sucked at."

Blah, blah, blah! Here's one for you, Jonathan. "If you were SMARTER, you'd have done what Gus did, and you wouldn't have been so far behind. But, that would involve Jonathan taking responsibility for something that went wrong, and last time I checked, pigs still couldn't fly.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
I was just surprised that he didn't blame Victoria for Gus getting the better tickets.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-22-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Assassain? Nah. You know what he really is?"
A Safari Hunter. Much like Brian Fellows (see: SNL, early 2000's: Tracy Morgan). The resemblence...you know...sans Gus' 200 pound advantage, is pretty funny with the clothing (not that they look much alike physically either facially or body type, but the clothing is brillant)

Gus SCREAMS Jumbo Brian Fellows.
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
Maybe Gus was a tank? Some sort of vehicle?

I personally love Gus and Hera. The two of them are taking the right approach; play smart, and enjoy the ride. It's a hell of a lot more fun than watching insane teams who don't care about the countries they're visiting.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
They've grown on me, too, although I was quite amused by your tank concept.

French fry development? Armchair espionage?

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
The secret government Eggo waffle project.

(apologies to any fellow MST3K fans)

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
So what was he in charge of? Not letting go?

Looks like he won.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-25-04, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
<play smart, and enjoy the ride

I think if I were to race, I'd encourage that attitude in my partner. At my age, the chances of winning would be smaller, due to the endurance aspect of the road blocks.

So, why not just do your best and treat the race as you would a game? Enjoy the process and the challenges themselves. Why make yourself and your partner totally miserable? It doesn't have to be all about winning, does it?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

dushka 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-23-04, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dushka Click to send private message to dushka Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
Hmmmm....

Do you think HE was the one looking for those WMDs in Iraq??

12-24-04, 07:35 AM (EST)
13. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-04 AT 07:36 AM (EST)

If he was, then he was applying the O.J. Simpson method of searching for the real WMDs.

Scratch and sniff

Furious_George 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-24-04, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Furious_George Click to send private message to Furious_George Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
Jonathan is a freakin' MAROON. (Just said that so I could post something "NICE" in Bashers...) Gus really cracked me up in the Beer Stein task. Ya gotta be able to relate - man, if I was over in Der Vaterland, I sure would want to at least have a coupla swigs of that famous brew! So, they're in a RACE... and Hera was getting frustrated with him, but Gus stayed in good humor about it... when they were leaving in the cab, he had a sly grin on his face, and was watching her out of the corner of his eye as he said, "That was good beer. I wish we would've stayed a little longer!" Wise guy!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-25-04, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: So What Kind of CIA Operative was Gus?"
I like Gus/Hera, too. He has a sense of fun, he can be clever, and he approaches the detours, roadblocks, and other travel challenges with patience.

Didn't you just love the calm equanimity with which he met Jontheass' whiney accusation? HA!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •