The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 8, "Company Will be Arriving Soon", Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-10, 06:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 8, "Company Will be Arriving Soon", Vidcaps"
Thanks to Survivor Fever for the title and the vidcaps:

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Fabio: Uncle Fabio found some treemail!

Probst: The merge brings everyone together.

<merged tribe screaming and grabbing items in merged tribe reward chest>

Naonka : If that chest is alone, I'm taking stuff out of it.

<Nakona shown alone and removing fruit from chest>

Probst: So Naonka works overtime to tear everyone apart.

Fabio : I was pretty frustrated...when we realized all these things were missing.

Fabio : It doesn't make any sense!

My thoughts: I wonder if NaOnka will be on RussHell's team next season?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 8, "Company Will be Arrivin... SquidProQuo 10-28-10 1
 Web Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 10-29-10 2
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 10-29-10 3
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 10-29-10 4
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Brownroach 10-29-10 5
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps emydi 10-29-10 6
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Georjanna 10-29-10 7
                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 10-30-10 14
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 10-29-10 9
                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps dabo 11-01-10 23
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 10-29-10 8
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps CTgirl 10-29-10 10
                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Georjanna 10-29-10 11
                       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 10-29-10 12
                           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 10-30-10 13
                               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 10-30-10 15
                                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Brownroach 10-30-10 18
                                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 10-31-10 21
                                       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 10-31-10 22
                               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps CTgirl 10-30-10 16
                                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps LFJ 10-30-10 17
                                       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 10-30-10 19
 RE: Ep. 8, "Company Will be Arrivin... Outfrontgirl 10-30-10 20
 Press photos SquidProQuo 11-03-10 24
   RE: Press photos dabo 11-03-10 25
       RE: Press photos Brownroach 11-03-10 26
       RE: Press photos SquidProQuo 11-03-10 27
           RE: Press photos dabo 11-03-10 28
 Preview clip of tonight's challenge SquidProQuo 11-03-10 29
   RE: Preview clip of tonight's chall... dabo 11-03-10 30
       RE: Preview clip of tonight's chall... SquidProQuo 11-03-10 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-28-10, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 8, "Company Will be Arriving Soon", Vidcaps"
Yep, NaOnka is definitely taking a page out of Russell's strategy book.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's been spoiled that the merge camp is at Espada. Looks like these vidcaps bear that out, because the early shots of Uncle Fabio announcing tree mail show the lower-pitched roof on the La Flor shelter (and some palm tree stuff at the left corner), vs. the later merge vidcaps seem to show the higher-pitched Espada roof. (Assuming La Flor would bring over the tarp.) But I didn't go back to old shelter vidcaps to confirm this, so might be wrong.

There probably won't be a Reward Challenge because of the merge feast, right? So just an IC this week.

Everyone on La Flor now knows that Sash has an HII, but it's interesting how there's been zero talk of Nay's HII since the swap. Curious to see if Sash knows about it and whether it will become public knowledge at the merge. If Sash finds out that his minority alliance (Nay and Brenda) kept a secret from him, how will he react? (Esp. after his Freudian slip last night)

10-29-10, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Web Promo Vidcaps"
Yay, the web promo is up and it includes challenge vidcaps! Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Announcer: Wednesday...

Fabio: We're merging!

Announcer: ...the tribes are united.

Marty: I've been given a new lease on life.

Announcer: But one castaway wants to spoil the party.

Naonka: I've been stealing equipment, taking spoons. I'm taking fruit.

Alina : I can't believe you've got all this stuff.

Marty: Where's the flour?

Fabio: What about the frying pan?

Naonka : It tastes better when you're stealing it.

Announcer: To survive the ultimate sin...

Marty: She lied and she stole.

Announcer: She'll have to outlast the others.

Jeff Probst: Individual immunity is what you seek.

--------------------

So looks like 2 immunity necklaces -- 1 male and 1 female winner?

10-29-10, 03:11 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-10 AT 03:18 PM (EST)

P.S. Just noticed they have the women lined up on the left and the men on the right for the challenge, so it must definitely be 1 male and 1 female winner. I guess because it involves arm strength (in addition to endurance), they figured it was more fair to have 1 female and 1 male IC winner.

So can we assume from the broken tiles at the end of the promo that Yellow (Purple Kelly), Blue (Alina) and Red (Holly) are out of the challenge? That would only leave Jane, Brenda and Nay for the females contenders.

I wonder if Jeff will tempt them with food? It makes for great TV when that happens, and I can see Sash and maybe even Brenda being cocky enough to bow out....but on the other hand, this challenge might not be conducive for that (vs. say a longer challenge that takes hours, like hanging on to a pole).

10-29-10, 03:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
P.S.S. Just noticed Alina's head in the corner of this shot. Could be a weird angle, but it certainly appears that she's already dropped out. (Compare this shot to the next challenge shot where Alina is still competing behind Nay)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-10, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-10 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

The broken blue tiles match Jane's blue more than Alina's, IMO. Also note the handles are color-coordinated where they loop around the pole and Jud's also look sort of yellow.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-10, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
When you watch the promo you can't tell if the tiles breaking are from the challenge itself or from dream team...so I don't think we can definitely rule anyone out on vidcap analysis except Alina sitting out from the vidcap Squid posted above

Having said that, I think Nay probably wins this for gals....she's prominent (althought Dan is too and I don't think he really has any chance to win it for guys) which doesn't allow them to boot her for her stealing--even with her alliance of 5(+), it would be easy for her to go...

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-29-10, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
Hi, Emy ...

I'm confused.

NaOnka has the Hidden Immunity Idol. So, assuming that she knows she is the target of an outraged tribe, why would she have to win Individual Immunity to be safe at this week's TC?

G

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-10, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
and yet she manages to be not immune, doesn't play the idol, and survives even though busted for stealing food.

Alliance power or fear of the hidden idol? So far, only she, Brenda, and Chase know that she has it.

10-29-10, 05:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
Wow, good point, Emy. I never even thought that they could be Dream Team tiles -- very sneaky! So I guess we have to forget about all that conjecture.

I just double checked the new Missyae clues that we brought over last night, and he says Marty and Brenda definitely don't win IC this week. And we're pretty sure based on the vidcap that we can rule out Alina too. So I still think Nay is a likely winner for the women (based on Missyae ruling out Brenda).

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-10, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
I think it is just edited to show the tribe colors, a reminder that the merge doesn't make one tribe that is one big happy family, there are still divisions.

10-29-10, 05:31 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
Yes, good point, BR. I was in a hurry/running to a meeting when I posted before, so I was mainly going by that overhead group shot and the colors are definitely iffy -- in fact, some almost look like they are buffo-matic'd. I see the colors on their sword-thing too but it's sometimes hard to distinguish.

I think you're right that it's probably Jane's blue tile breaking. Also, if you look at Jane's close-up shot, she looks pretty shaky and her elbows are far up, so it's hard to imagine she'd stick it out long in that position.

So if we've ruled out Alina, Jane, Holly and probably Purple Kelly for the women, that would bring us to Brenda vs. Nay for the female winner, which makes the most sense on paper. (Too bad Jill wasn't around for this one!)

I still don't quite get what the boards that they're standing on are all about and why they're so long -- does anyone else have an idea? Seems like it's somewhat lifted off the ground too. Maybe there's a balance component? Hard to tell.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-10, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
I'm thinking that the Survivors have to squeeze what they're holding on to to keep the spear from dropping. When they let up, the spear drops and breaks the tile and they're out of the challenge.

If I were doing the challenge, I would keep my arms tight to my body like Nay and Chase and (DAN!) and not out like Jane and Marty. What do you guys think is the most efficient way to hold it?

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-29-10, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-10 AT 07:17 PM (EST)

CT,

I can't tell if they're pushing or pulling to maintain the tension on the spear. But, in either case, I agree with you: I think it would be much more efficient to use the muscles in your arms than to put your shoulders in such an awkward and uncomfortable position.

But, if I could manage the span and still maintain the tension (and if the rules of the Challenge permitted it), I think that I would cross my arms in front of my lower chest so that they would be at least partially supported.

Edited to delete (obvious) stupidity ...

G

10-29-10, 08:24 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
CT and G, I'm with you -- keeping the elbows out like Jane, etc. does not seem like the best position. Would be hilarious if Dan won this one for the guys!

10-30-10, 04:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
according to missyae,
Jane wins for the women.
The woman's competition finishes first and two or more men are still competing at the time Jane wins, and she stays in position to taunt a guy ....

Fabio wins for the men -- not too surprising.

So CBS was being sneaky and showing us Dream Team tiles.

10-30-10, 10:30 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
Love that Jane wins and sticks it out to taunt a guy -- that's spunk! It's got to drive Marty insane.

P.S. Probably Dream Team tiles but *could* also be Alina's blue tile. Turns out the really sneaky thing was showing us Jane struggling...but maybe that shot is her at the very end trying to outlast the guys, right before she drops out.

10-30-10, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
They might also be showing Jane's and Jud's broken tiles from after they won and let go. No way of knowing for sure.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-10, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
More times than not, the winner is among the ones that get a close up in the challenges. At least this is what I have observed. Specifically, recall Jill competing in the challenge that she won, and now Jane and Fabio. I suppose there are always exceptions, but MOST times, when vidcaps are given of challenges, the winner is one of the ones in a close up and if there are no close ups, they are one of the ones captured in a vidcap. FWIW...

10-31-10, 10:26 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
That is very true, although sometimes they fake us out with that. Not too often. I don't recall seeing Jerri featured in the tile-stacking last season (but she may have been), or Danielle featured in the pole-sitting (fairly sure she was not).

But those are the exception to the rule.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-10, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
So Georgiana was right - the have to pull to keep the tension.

You can see here that they are pulling and not pushing which helps explain how Jane wins - and I agree Squid - very tricky of CBS to show her struggling!

And Fabio looks like he's not struggling at all!

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-10, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
I don't know about anyone else, but I love Fabio. He seems so guileless, and is so beautiful. Very childlike, yet not. Similar to Michael Pitt.

10-30-10, 09:04 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
He stood out to me from the cast videos, even before the premiere. I love that he has such a clueless persona, but is playing it up on purpose. I'm hoping that at some point he finally breaks cover.

He is very likable, and very easy on the eyes. He has never complained about any of the conditions out there other than the necessity of putting up with Na Onka and Purple Kelly.

10-30-10, 09:15 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep. 8, "Company Will be Arriving Soon", Vidcaps"
So what exactly is going down here, do we think? Clearly it is about the missing stuff, and Fabio seems to be expounding that it's so messed up.

Alina, Brenda, NO, are also standing. We know two are culpable.
The rest of the tribe sits ... in judgement? As an audience?

Is anyone getting nailed for the deed yet? What is NO holding?

This scene must be earlier.

Not the same group standing. Alina appears to be bold about faking her surprise and indignation.

(Why, Alina, why? I liked you!)

11-03-10, 10:39 AM (EST)
24. "Press photos"
Courtesy of Survivor Fever:

Interesting shot of Alina front and center. More confirmation that La Flor has to carry their stuff to new camp.

11-03-10, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Press photos"

Odd. Purple Kelly is still in La Flor yellow.

11-03-10, 12:14 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Press photos"
Just more proof that she's clueless.

11-03-10, 01:42 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Press photos"
P.S. You can't see it in this shot, but you can see in the other press photos that Brenda is wearing her yellow tie in her hair too. Show of solidarity or something?

11-03-10, 01:56 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Press photos"

Perhaps. But it isn't a buff.

11-03-10, 02:09 PM (EST)
29. "Preview clip of tonight's challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-10 AT 02:41 AM (EST)

CBS posted a preview clip of tonights' challenge. It's called "Push Me Pull U" because Jeff says that you can either push OR pull -- the key is keeping up the consistent pressure.

A Dream Teamer created this challenge, but when the Dream Teamers test it out, he's the one who drops out first! Looks like there are still 3 Dream Teamers left at the one hour, 20 min. mark, so it could go on a while.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=uzlJwE4TOKCBUKEzuzMXdm8GT3bMiKNY

ETA: Oops, screwed this up. They had approx. 1:20 posted on the screen when they ended the challenge preview and I took it to mean 1 hour, 20 min. but it must have only been 1 minute, 20 seconds because the challenge tonight was over in no time! LOL that Dan outlasted Purple Kelly with 3 seconds.

Also, I do think those were "real" tiles breaking in the preview vidcaps.

11-03-10, 02:15 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Preview clip of tonight's challenge"
Food bribes would be perfect for this one then. It doesn't really make sense to have those after a merge feast, but not everything about Survivor has ever made perfect sense. Hoarding is becoming a theme, though. Jane did it the right way, no one else knew she had that fish. NaOnka taking food they all know they have is bound to cause a ruckus. Cue the howler monkeys!

11-03-10, 02:28 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Preview clip of tonight's challenge"
Yes, I always like the food bribes during an endurance challenge! And I agree, sneaking food seems to have become a theme for the season.

Looking forward to tonight's episode to see how Chase/Brenda act and whether there's any discussion of Nay's HII.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •