The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"missyae & other source spoilers S22..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-19-11, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Strange Bedfellows ... "
Squid,

I had hoped that by now GOOU would have posted a link to the complete text of the Notice of Dismissal that he/she quoted. I thought that it would, perhaps, shed a bit more light on the whole matter and give us more information regarding the legal basis for the suit. For instance:

If the allegation was Tortious Interference (with contracts) then (as I said in an earlier post on the subject) I think that in his answer to a question posed in a thread that he authored at SSucks - 'I answer my phone and listen' - Jim Early (aka Missyae) had telegraphed a compelling response to the assertion. Because one of the elements necessary to Tortious Interference is the 'intent of a third party to induce a breach of a contractual relationship'. And merely being available for, and receptive to, confidences - and a willing conduit for their publication - does not, I would think, rise to the level of intentional inducement.

The other suggestion of a basis for the suit that I've read - the improper/illegal broadcast of 'trade secrets' proprietary to the plaintiff(s) - baffles me. It is not as though we are talking about the formula for Coca - Cola. And the fact that the suggestion baffles me is probably a first-rate indication of another fact: I'm not an attorney.

But, I have thought all along that CBS/SEG pursued this particular spoiler (and spoils) to the extent that they did because of the depth (rather than the breadth) of Missyae's revelations. In short: I don't think that the premature exposure of a Season's boot order, challenge results - or even the identity of its Sole Survivor - to a relatively small segment of the show's viewers is nearly as disturbing to them as is the possibility that their general audience will be made aware of just how divorced from reality - from a candid portrayal of events and behaviors - their final product has become. And the "Sash/Jane deal" is a great example of that disconnect/deceit.

So, for now, I suppose that we're left with the public face of the resolution of the suit. And that is, that in return for Missyae's cooperation (including the identification of sources), the plaintiff has requested that the suit be dismissed. However, there is, it would seem, soon to be more!

But first, some background:

I've long been one of Andy Dehnart's avid readers. So, when CBS posted the cast announcement for Nicaragua - without the contestants' dates of birth - I emailed him in the hope that he might have access to the information. And in the email, I expressed my surprise (and unhappiness) at and with an announcement made by Missyae to the effect that he wouldn't be doing pre-air interviews of the new Survivors.

Mr. Dehnart promptly replied to my email. And, after telling me that he didn't have the information I needed, he thanked me for my 'heads up' regarding the post by Missyae. And that surprised me even more. It hadn't occurred to me that he wasn't aware of Missyae's comments concerning the souring of his relationship with Survivor's producers.

A couple of days later, this article appeared at Reality Blurred. In it, Mr. Dehnart quotes a portion of one of Mr. Early's posts:

"The guy from RealityBlurred is a top flight assclown. If he didn’t post such nasty comments mixed in with his interviews with players, he might have gone back out there to do pre-show interviews again this time around. All that bashing of Russell Hantz caught up with him. I guess he can now blame Russell for his firing from doing those interviews. Word is Hantz went to the PTB and helped get DenFart axed. I guess he should have made those snarky add-on comments to Russell’s face instead of just adding them into his article when he got back home. At least these players had someone respectable like Gordon Holmes to be interviewed by.”

Now fast forward to yesterday at Survivor Whispers and this series of posts by Jim/Missyae:

"BIG INTERVIEW COMING MONDAY - GOING OUT EVERYWHERE - MISSYAE TALKS!!! - MAJOR OUTLETS ...

http://www.andydehnart.com ...

His work gets out. MSNBC, tons of places he contributes ...

Yeah, he has a dog in this fight ...

LOL, probably gonna be some sleepless nights for some people until this comes out ...

This wouldnt be the place that Missyae releases.... he wouldnt do that would he? Surely not, spoilers in an interview, that would be crazy right? ...

Watch party at SUCKS, countdown to REAL spoilers ...

Oh just wait, BW has some splain' to do ...

Not sure if his editors will have it ready for publishing Tuesday or Wedneday, he has patiently been waiting through this whole lawsuit ordeal and I promosed him first interview. Hes good ...

Hes a good writer, lots of sarcasm and has a beef with Survivor and also hates Russell, lol."

And to think that I introduced them ...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 missyae & other source spoilers S22...   Outfrontgirl     10-25-10       
   RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   SquidProQuo     10-25-10     1  
     RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   SpotTheDifference     10-25-10     3  
         RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Estee     10-25-10     4  
             RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   SpotTheDifference     10-26-10     9  
                 RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Estee     10-26-10     10  
   Carrie. Prejean.   Estee     10-25-10     2  
     RE: Carrie. Prejean.   Outfrontgirl     10-26-10     5  
         RE: Carrie. Prejean.   SquidProQuo     10-26-10     6  
             RE: Carrie. Prejean.   Outfrontgirl     10-26-10     7  
         RE: Carrie. Prejean.   SpotTheDifference     10-26-10     8  
             RE: Carrie. Prejean.   Outfrontgirl     10-26-10     13  
   RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   emydi     10-26-10     11  
     Or...   Estee     10-26-10     12  
   RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Outfrontgirl     10-26-10     14  
   breaking news   Outfrontgirl     10-31-10     15  
     I know this thread is for spoilers ...   kiki_k     11-01-10     16  
         RE: I know this thread is for spoil...   SquidProQuo     11-01-10     17  
             RE: I know this thread is for spoil...   Belle Book     11-01-10     18  
     RE: breaking news   Estee     11-01-10     19  
         RE: breaking news   Outfrontgirl     11-01-10     20  
             RE: breaking news   Round Robin     11-02-10     21  
   RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Outfrontgirl     11-13-10     22  
   RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Outfrontgirl     11-21-10     23  
    recent tweets from missyae (aka Th...   Outfrontgirl     01-06-11     24  
     RE: recent tweets from missyae (ak...   Round Robin     01-07-11     25  
   RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   goldenmike4393     01-13-11     26  
     No Immunity for R&R   Krautboy     01-13-11     27  
         RE: No Immunity for R&R   Estee     01-13-11     28  
             RE: No Immunity for R&R   Krautboy     01-13-11     29  
             RE: No Immunity for R&R   BrassFan     01-13-11     30  
             RE: No Immunity for R&R   vince3     01-13-11     31  
   RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Flowerpower     01-13-11     32  
     RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Krautboy     01-14-11     33  
     RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   GOOU     01-14-11     34  
         RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Georjanna     01-14-11     35  
             RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   SquidProQuo     01-14-11     37  
                 Strange Bedfellows ...   Georjanna     01-19-11     43  
                     RE: Strange Bedfellows ...   Estee     01-19-11     44  
                     RE: Strange Bedfellows ...   GOOU     01-19-11     45  
                         RE: Strange Bedfellows ...   Georjanna     01-20-11     48  
                             RE: Strange Bedfellows ...   Round Robin     01-20-11     49  
                             RE: Strange Bedfellows ...   GOOU     01-20-11     50  
                     RE: Strange Bedfellows ...   SquidProQuo     01-20-11     46  
                         RE: Strange Bedfellows ...   Georjanna     01-20-11     47  
         RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   BrassFan     01-14-11     39  
             RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Round Robin     01-15-11     41  
     RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   SquidProQuo     01-14-11     36  
         RE: missyae & other source spoilers...   Flowerpower     01-14-11     38  
             Survivor Whispers   Scarlett O Hara     01-14-11     40  
                 RE: Survivor Whispers   SquidProQuo     01-15-11     42  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •