The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-10, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
The title of the episode and the vidcaps brought to us through Survivor Fever, thank you as always:

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...Dan wants a bus ticket back to New York.

Dan : I think I may pack it in.

Probst: Marty breaks out his secret weapon.

Marty : I am a grand master.

Jud: At what.

Marty: In chess.

Jud : It does make sense, man.

Probst : And lookout, here comes another twist.

Probst: Tribal immunity is not what you're playing for today.

My thoughts: If they are not playing for tribal immunity, are they playing for individual immunity? Is Marty in trouble, therefore he has to break out his "secret weapon"? Dan = Misdirection?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-14-10 1
   RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-14-10 4
 RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... kingfish 10-14-10 2
 Another possible challenge vidcap f... SquidProQuo 10-14-10 3
   RE: Another possible challenge vidc... tribephyl 10-15-10 5
 RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... Outfrontgirl 10-15-10 6
   RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-15-10 7
       RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... Flowerpower 10-17-10 27
   RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... dabo 10-15-10 11
       RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-15-10 12
           RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... dabo 10-15-10 13
 RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-15-10 8
   RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... Brownroach 10-15-10 17
 RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-15-10 9
   RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... CTgirl 10-15-10 14
       RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-15-10 16
 RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-15-10 10
   RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... emydi 10-15-10 15
       RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... Outfrontgirl 10-15-10 18
           RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-15-10 19
 Ep 6 Press Photos SquidProQuo 10-16-10 20
   Time Stamps? Krautboy 10-16-10 21
       RE: Time Stamps? Outfrontgirl 10-16-10 23
           RE: Time Stamps? Krautboy 10-17-10 28
               RE: Time Stamps? Outfrontgirl 10-17-10 31
   RE: Ep 6 Press Photos beaglemaster 10-16-10 22
   RE: Ep 6 Press Photos Outfrontgirl 10-16-10 25
       RE: Ep 6 Press Photos Outfrontgirl 10-16-10 26
 RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... Outfrontgirl 10-16-10 24
   RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-17-10 29
       RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... Outfrontgirl 10-17-10 30
           RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... SquidProQuo 10-18-10 32
               RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VI... Outfrontgirl 10-18-10 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-14-10, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
I was thinking the same thing FloPo -- must be individual immunity/double boot. Hard to tell what the challenge is, but it obviously takes place on the beach.

Has there ever been a season with so many players talking about quitting this early? Holly, NaOnka, now Dan....it's almost become a theme. Holly must have gotten Dan to vote Tyrone, so will she now pull a Jimmy J and convince Dan to stick it out?

Yve must be feeling vulnerable this week after being out of the loop on the Tyrone vote.

10-14-10, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
P.S. This week's CBS clues confirm individual immunity:
FOLLOWING A SHOCKING ANNOUNCEMENT, IT'S EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF WHEN THE CASTAWAYS FIGHT FOR INDIVIDUAL IMMUNITY

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-10, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
So, to Marty, revealing that he's a Grand Master Chess Player, thus a master strategist, is supposed to good Survivor strategy? How can the revelation that he’s a dangerous player help him?

I think we have another “Who’s Dumber than...” thread idea.

It seems he's more of a master egotist.

10-14-10, 01:42 PM (EST)
3. "Another possible challenge vidcap for this week"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-10 AT 03:36 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-14-10 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

This vidcap was mistakenly posted with Ep 4 photos on the CBS web site. Duckfarmer at Sucks found it (good catch!), and TDT references it because it apparently is part of the upcoming Ep 6 Challenge. If you look at the blue and yellow boundary lines in the beach challenge shots above, they do seem to match.

So it appears that you use the paddle to try to flip the rope rings into your "bucket" that's tied to your back. Definitely could be an individual immunity, which would tie in with Jeff's comment in the Preview clip that it's not Tribal this week.

ETA: You can see Sash behind Jeff -- does that mean he's out of the challenge already? Or maybe it's done in heats?

Also, you can see the dirt messed up by NaOnka's feet...so maybe you have to dig first to get your rope rings?? Or do you have to scoop them up from the sand which messes things up?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Another possible challenge vidcap for this week"
Or maybe it's done in heats?
With individual immunity up for grabs, the tribes should compete separately. Espada first, then La Flor.

dig first to get your rope rings?? Or do you have to scoop them up from the sand
My thoughts, Scooping and tossing the rings, with the paddle, into their burlap fanny bags. 3 rings wins individual immunity.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
New caps! Thanks Survivor Fever!

10-15-10, 09:24 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
Here's the transcript (thanks Survivor Fever):

Announcer: Wednesday, a Survivor shocker...

Jeff Probst: Both tribes will vote somebody out of this game.

Announcer: And there's only one way to stay in the game...

Probst: Go!

Announcer: ...win individual immunity.

Yve: Gotta do what you gotta do to stay alive.

Announcer: Don't miss two stunning Tribal Councils.

Jill: They'd get rid of us in a heartbeat if they could.

Brenda : You can't afford to have somebody like that around.

Jane : They still think I'm with them.

Marty : I am a grand master in Chess.

Fabio : Sign me up.

Chase : She could be very dangerous.

Naonka : Do not follow your heart, follow your gut.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-10, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-10 AT 09:17 AM (EST)

With the transcript from above, I thought it could be helpful to hypothesize regarding who these folks were talking about.....I'll give it a try:

Jeff Probst: Both tribes will vote somebody out of this game.

Announcer: And there's only one way to stay in the game...

Probst: Go!

Announcer: ...win individual immunity.

Yve: Gotta do what you gotta do to stay alive. Probably rationalizing her boot choice in a confessional...

Announcer: Don't miss two stunning Tribal Councils.

Jill: They'd get rid of us in a heartbeat if they could. Probably talking with Marty or in confessional regarding the old LaFlor's in her tribe (Brenda, Jud, Kelly B, Sash), OR, she could referring to everyone in the tribe vs she and Marty?

Brenda : You can't afford to have somebody like that around. Could be talking about Marty, but with the vidcap that goes along with this as Squid noted, most likely talking about Kelly B.

Jane : They still think I'm with them. This was interesting. As we heard last week Jane likes the young LaFlor's that she is now teamed with. So, most likely she's probably saying that they, the old Espada's - Marty and Jill - still think she is with them.

Marty : I am a grand master in Chess. Marty trying to manipulate Jud in some twisted way.

Fabio : Sign me up. No idea what this could refer to, but most likely said in confessional

Chase : She could be very dangerous. Talking about a "she", so narrows it down to one of NaOnka, Alina, Yve, Holly. Out of those four it must be Yve. Alina is the rational one that is sympathetic to NaOnka along with Chase. Holly is definitely in their camp. Yve was the one shown out of the loop at TC.

Naonka : Do not follow your heart, follow your gut. NaOnka probably says this to her alliance mates in regard to someone noting how nice Yve is...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"

This is set up for eight players to compete against each other. First rounds to decide who from each tribe gets to go on to compete for the one individual immunity?

10-15-10, 11:43 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
Hi Dabo, they tell us in the new web promo that it's 2 individual immunities and 2 TCs this week week (so 1 per tribe).

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
Cool! Haven't seen that promo yet, I'll have to find it and catch up.

10-15-10, 09:58 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"

As Tribe suggested, each tribe competes separately. It will be an advantage to the tribe who goes 2nd and gets to watch first. (Which reminds me, I wonder if they'll let one tribe listen in to the other's TC?)

You can see from this vidcap that when they start out, there are no rings on the post. So you must have to dig/scoop them up one at a time, flip it in your fanny bucket, then run and put it on your post....then go back and start over to get another ring. As Tribe mentioned, 3 probably wins it.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-10 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

n/m

10-15-10, 10:05 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"

P.S. Wanted to add that when Brenda is saying "You can't afford to have somebody like that around," this vidcap of Kelly B walking alone on the beach is shown. (But if you just read the transcript, the implication is that she's talking about Jill/Marty.)

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
I think you've found the proof that Kelly B. goes this week Squid!

This is the kind of thing you find when you do vidcap by vidcap analysis in spoiling - something that I haven't bothered to do for the past few seasons because of all the info that is already out there, but I used to lvoe to do when I was doing a SOTS.

10-15-10, 02:51 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
I agree, I love doing this kind of vidcap analysis and have missed doing it. Of course they haven't been giving us much in the way of challenge shots recently, so hopefully we'll get more.

I'm assuming there's only 1 challenge this week since 2 TCs. And if Kelly B is indeed the surprise boot, then I would expect them to give her a nice swan song edit.

10-15-10, 10:12 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-10 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

Survivor Fever has some additional vidcaps from the web promo, and this one caught my eye. Not sure if anyone knows how to blow this up, but it kinda looks like Jill could be wearing the immunity necklace in this shot (Jill's wearing her green shirt in the upper left corner -- you can see Jane sitting in the row ahead of her and maybe Purple Kelly to the right of Jill). There are a couple other TC shots too, but those look like Dream Teamers carrying the torches.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-10 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

sure looks like it that sort of narrows down the field...

Looks like Espada gets to watch and learn...wonder how that happened, flip of a coin?

See Espada watching LFlor here

But LaFlor not by their flag here already done and waiting for Es winner...for show off for grub and the chance to see the other tribe at TC

Also TDT surmises that there is a face off btw the two II winners to get food and chance to see the other's tribe dynamics at TC TDT thinks Benry wins it for Espada

10-15-10, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
but who gets "individual" stamped on her shots?

There was a clue that one of the II winners would be a bit of a surprise (i.e. not the unsurprising Marty or Benry, and last night I picked Holly for the most surprising yet also capable competitor from Espada, and Jill because something is supposed to happen where she'll get good face time before she goes, and because she's Jill.

10-15-10, 09:35 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
Thanks OFG, I hadn't seen that clue. If I did, I would have probably picked Dan for a "surprise" winner - ha! . Based on their resumes, both Holly and Jill are good athletes/competitors so not a huge surprise if either win...but like you said, more physical players like Ben, Chase, Naonka and Brenda would probably come to mind first and I bet they'll be surprised if Holly wins.

Speaking of Chase, who do you guys think he's talking about when he says in his confessional in the promo that "she could be dangerous." I'm wondering if he's talking about Alina, because La Flor has said all along that she could cause trouble. And in the Insider Clips, Alina says she can tell that Chase still doesn't like her and that she might have to go after him at some point. I'm wondering if Chase considers booting Alina this week and that's what NaOnka is referring to when she says go with your gut???

10-16-10, 10:53 AM (EST)
20. "Ep 6 Press Photos"
These are early this week. Thanks to Survivor Fever:

-------------

Not sure if any of these shots are time-stamped post-challenge, but sure seems like Brenda and Holly are happy....Marty and Kelly B not so much.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-16-10, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Time Stamps?"
Kona, who posts over at SSucks, is the one who has the technology or know how to do the time stamp analysis. I haven't had achance to visit Sucks in the last few days, but I'll check.

Anyone know what is required to do the time stamp analysis?

Krautboy

10-16-10, 10:05 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Time Stamps?"
It's very simple to see the time stamp. Just download the photo into a photo application. The image has EXIF info attached to it saying what kind of camera and when it was shot. what it does not have is the info as to what time zone the camera is set for.

When I looked at early press photos this season, there were two cameras, one being 13 hours off from the other. You can tell that camera because the day shots will be labled midnight, 10 pm, etc.. Just add 13 hours to those and you have the correct date and time.

Easiest for me is to right click on photo and copy to iPhoto. I use a Mac. Which photos do you want to know the time on?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-17-10, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Time Stamps?"
Thanks for the lesson. I was just curious. It doesn't matter for this week, since everything has been spoiled, but it may come in handy once we get to the merge and have something left to figure out.

Krautboy

10-17-10, 09:38 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Time Stamps?"
You're welcome. When I tried to save the photos from here, I got file not found. I had to go back to Phoenix and Fever where the caps were first posted. If the photo file is copied or saved as something else, the info disappears -- but that usually isn't an issue on this board, so not sure what is up.

Anyhow, in case it doesn't work for you, try going for the purest source.

The Press photos are available online from CBS but you have to register a site with them in order to even view anything more than a thumbnail.

beaglemaster 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-10, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beaglemaster Click to send private message to beaglemaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep 6 Press Photos"
Standing on the mat before they start Holly is wearing pants. She is not wearing them while doing the comp so I am assuming the pictures of her without pants are post comp.

10-16-10, 10:42 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep 6 Press Photos"
Here is the challenge timeline, thank you Survivor Phoenix for these Press Photos!
Challenge line-up is at 8:34-35.

Chase for Espada at 9 am, which means that Espada goes first and La Flor is the tribe that gets to observe technique.

This photo of La Flora is at 9:15

La Flor at 9:16

9:18

La Flor at 9:19

10-16-10, 10:47 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep 6 Press Photos"

So back to vidcaps, which we can't identify by time stamp,

this is earlier

than this

10-16-10, 10:20 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
So I took a look, and the line-up for the challenge is about 8:30 in the morning.

All the non-challenge photos are post-challenge. He went over to La Flor from 10-11 and was at Espada around noon and after.

10-17-10, 03:57 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
Thanks OFG for all the time stamp info! So it looks like the "happy Holly" shots are all post-challenge, which is what I was wondering.

Before you posted all this I went over to Mess to see if Kona had the time stamps, and I noticed that Kona thinks that Holly is wearing the immunity necklace in this shot:

I tried blowing it up and it's still hard to tell, but it definitely looks like it could be it. And Kona says the time stamp shows this is AFTER Espada competed. It's funny if CBS did indeed give away both individual immunities this week in the vidcaps.

10-17-10, 08:39 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
I couldn't tell because it's too distorted when it's blown up. Jeff could put the necklaces on after the face-off or as each is won. If he puts them on right away, they have to do something with them in order to compete the final leg.

10-18-10, 04:20 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
Yes, I thought about that too -- Jeff might not award the necklaces right away.. Although has the final leg been confirmed? I thought that was just spec and not for sure but haven't kept up on that issue.

10-18-10, 07:15 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Ep 6, "Worst Case Scenario", VIDCAPS"
It's spec based on what they did the last season, and the appearance in the overhead shot that's there a staging area not being used in the tribal portion.

Samoa season was different because the tribes competed for the TC reward (only Russ S went down). If they just have two individual immunities and no face-off, the two tribes are equal losers, and they have said they really don't care for that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •