The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 4 Insider Clips"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-07-10, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 4 Insider Clips"
Voting clip:

Holly (Dan): Dan, sorry about your shoes, I really am. You sat out 2 challenges and you're the weak one on the team. You need to go.

Dan (Jimmy T): Says nothing.

Yve (Jimmy T): Jimmy T, you just gotta trust you're enough. I am sorry. You really are a wonderful man.

Marty (Jimmy T): See you, pal. You made your first mistake within one hour of playing the game. You made your biggest and last mistake when you crossed me yesterday.

Jill (Jimmy T): You're a good guy and I'm sorry about tonight.

Jimmy T (Dan): You __? the least and you contributed the least. It's not my fault you didn't know how to make fire. I'm just trying to help you out, brother.

Jane (Dan): Danny, Danny, I love you to death and I can't wait to party with you. But right now, I do believe Jimmy T. is a little more athletic and will be stronger for the tribe. And his little antics don't bother me at all, 'cuz that's just the way I am. I take people with a grain of salt and I try to find humor in what everybody does, whether it's good or bad. (Wish they showed more of Jane since she clearly is a contrast to Marty.)

Tyrone (Jimmy T): Hi homie, the Jimmy T show is over. I encourage you to swallow your pride, become more vulnerable, accept your faults and try to move forward and learn from this so you can become a better human being. (Sounds like Dr. Phil

2 other interesting clips that seem to tie together:

Alina talks about how she and Kelly B. work hard around camp, but Brenda, Naonka and Purple Kelly are like the 3 evil stepsisters who just want to lounge around and not do any work. She also mentions how Purple Kelly has mentally checked out and wants to be in a hotel. And how NaOnka was almost ready to cry and almost broke down. (Interesting how they don't show us any of this about Purple Kelly.) Alina is hoping that they start to mentally break down.

Sash talks about the mood swings on his tribe. He says that Benry is getting frustrated with the girls, especially Kelly Purple, not working around camp. He says some of the girls are getting drained. He's hoping the tarp and fishing gear will help improve the mood of the tribe.

Will try to watch the rest of the clips this weekend.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 EW's deleted scene of the week SquidProQuo 10-07-10 1
 RE: Ep. 4 Insider Clips Brownroach 10-07-10 2
   RE: Ep. 4 Insider Clips Karchita 10-10-10 10
 Here's a summary of the remaining c... SquidProQuo 10-08-10 3
   RE: Here's a summary of the remaini... Brownroach 10-08-10 4
       RE: Here's a summary of the remaini... SquidProQuo 10-08-10 5
   RE: Here's a summary of the remaini... Belle Book 10-08-10 6
       RE: Here's a summary of the remaini... dabo 10-09-10 7
           RE: Here's a summary of the remaini... Belle Book 10-09-10 8
               RE: Here's a summary of the remaini... Round Robin 10-10-10 9
               RE: Here's a summary of the remaini... sol 10-10-10 11
                   RE: Here's a summary of the remaini... Belle Book 10-10-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-07-10, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "EW's deleted scene of the week"
Here's an interesting clip of Jane talking about how Marty is her biggest threat:
http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivor-nicaragua-episode-4-recap/4/

She says that people underestimated her as a redneck but she's going to prove them wrong. She's hoping to eventually get Marty to play his idol. She thinks she could get Dan on her side and still isn't sure about Tyrone since he seems to be on the fence. She says that Marty doesn't like her except for the fact that she's catching the fish.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-07-10, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 4 Insider Clips"
(Interesting how they don't show us any of this about Purple Kelly.)

I'm starting to believe that they're never going to show Kelly Purple whatsoever until the episode where she leaves. Maybe not even then. They should remove her from the credits altogether.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-10-10, 03:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 4 Insider Clips"
Purple who?

Bouquet by c2p

10-08-10, 02:04 PM (EST)
3. "Here's a summary of the remaining clips"
Espada

- Good clip of Jill talking about Marty. She says she's figured him out and even though he said he's between jobs, it wouldn't surprise her (based on his travels and other clues) if he's really a millionaire. She says that Marty has annoyed everyone (including Tyrone), so she needs to "manage" Marty and "settle him down" and keep him calm. She says they're a good duo because he has a lot of ideas while she gets along with everyone and has a calm demeanor, so they balance each other out.

- Dan says he wants to see himself and Marty go to the end, and he told Marty that it's OK for him to win because he knows Marty is out of a job and has 3 girls and needs the money, ha!

- Marty and Yve (separate clips) both talk about how the tribe is low on rice and how the 1 fruit that's available made everyone sick, so they need to find a new food source. They're mostly eating snails, crabs and sea urchins, but only Jimmy T knows how to get the sea urchin meat. There's also another scene where Marty tries to catch a pelican but fails.

- Yve comes across as smart and well spoken in her clip. She talks about how they improved their shelter to the point where they don't get wet when it rains. She also talks about how they have their core alliance (doesn't mention names) but that their immediate priority needs to be food.

- Tyrone thinks he'll do well as leader because he's calm.

- Holly talks about how she's a competitive person and doesn't like to lose. She says she was worried at the last TC, but this time she thinks she's OK. She alludes to how Marty might want to save Dan and how there was some talk about guys vs. girls but doesn't give any details.

- In the secret scene, Jimmy T approaches Dan about an alliance but Dan turns him down. Jimmy T takes it personally and asks what's wrong with me? Then they cut to a funny confessional where Dan asks, "How many times can Jimmy T apologize for being a moron?" (I have a feeling Dan will have some funny 1-liners if we ever get to see more of him.)

- In his final words, Jimmy T admits he blew it and that he played with his heart and not his mind. He also says Marty outwitted him.

- In his day-after remarks, Jimmy T comes across as a little more likeable than he did in the game. He talks about how he was chosen in the contest over 2,400 other people and he apologizes to America for letting them down. He says if he had to do it again, he'd try better to keep his mouth shut and remember it's a game. He wants to see Jane win because she's genuine.

La Flor

- In a confessional clip that is totally out of character, Naonka cries and talks about how she's really a sensitive, soft, very nice person who cries at the drop of a dime. (No, I'm not kidding!) She seems emotionally fragile and talks about how the game is so stressful/hard and how she doesn't want her tribe to see her break down because they all think she's so strong. She also talks about how she wants to win this for her family and make them proud. (Too late for that!)

- Brenda feels that people on her tribe respect her and it felt great to do well as caller in the challenge and perform well in that critical role. She feels sorry for the older tribe because they looked tired and disheveled.

- Chase is happy he caught a fish after 10 days....but in another clip Sash mentions how the fish was already hurt but it was better than nothing.

- Kelly B talks about how she doesn't like a lot of the people on her tribe because they act like they're in high school. She says they don't want to work on the younger tribe, esp. when it rains, so she and Alina have to do most of the work. (Pretty much an echo of what Alina says in her clip.)

- Jud says La Flor has won 3 challenges in a row....they have the tarp and fishing gear, which is a huge advantage...and they're living the high life. (Perfect set-up for the switch!)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-10, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Here's a summary of the remaining clips"
So Benry and Kelly S are not even getting shown on the Insider. Geez.

10-08-10, 03:43 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Here's a summary of the remaining clips"
Yep, they both get the Invisible Edit award this season...although based on the new promo it looks like Ben finally gets a confessional in Ep. 5 after going 0 for 4.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-08-10, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Here's a summary of the remaining clips"
You know, it's possible Na'Onka's bitchiness might be in part overcompensation. If she actually is emotionally fragile, that might not only explain her attitude (overcompensation) but also her quitting -- though it doesn't justify her treatment of Kelly B. Nothing can justify that!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-10, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Here's a summary of the remaining clips"
I think NaOnka is just afraid of Kelly B.; the thought of losing at anything to a one-legged woman just frightens her beyond all reason. Her reaction to her own morbid fear is typical, she takes it out on the person she fears. The whole scare tactics thing last episode was insane (though there is some merit in psyching out one's opponents), NaOnka is obsessing over beating Kelly B. even if it means bullying and badgering her until she quits.

10-09-10, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Here's a summary of the remaining clips"
And that might also be a form of overcompensation -- if she is that emotionally fragile, the idea of losing anything to a one-legged woman might scare her so much that she takes it out on Kelly B. It doesn't justify her behavior, but it does make me pity Na'Onka a little bit.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-10-10, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Here's a summary of the remaining clips"
I don't pity her one damn bit. I detest her, and any embarrassment she suffers as a result of her villainy is richly deserved IMNVHO.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-10-10, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Here's a summary of the remaining clips"
I find myself in agreement with dabo and BB that NaOnka has a very fragile personality. She shows a lot of bravado to compensate for her fears - and her greatest fear is being outperformed by a woman with one leg. She is, afterall, a PE teacher. Did she not sit out the swim thru the mud challenge - a challenge that Kelly smoked? Sitting out means you feel you might fail.

But I don't think I'd say what I feel is a slight twinge of pity, more of an understanding. I find that I was reacting to her extreme venom with a bit of my own venom directed at her. Seeing her in tears indicates to me that she sees someone in the mirror that she doesn't really like. She fakes that she is important, but down deep she knows she doesn't have 'it'. If she had 'it' she 'would want the ball when the game is on the line', but she chose to sit out an important challenge.

That being said, she is an adult, and she is responsible for what she thinks and what she does; and what she has done is so uncivil - even despicable - that I needs some serious counseling so that she finds who she really is - not this fake personality she is demonstrating. A personality that I despise.

10-10-10, 03:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Here's a summary of the remaining clips"
I think that I feel the slight twinge of pity mainly because I don't have a very fragile personality -- most of the time. But moving on to what you also said, I agree with you -- Na'Onka needs some serious counseling so that her fragile personality can be strengthened and she doesn't have to resort to creating a fake personality that I also despise.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •