The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

belvafortune 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-04, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail belvafortune Click to send private message to belvafortune Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
It is beyond me how Red/Skinny/Crooner and Eight is Enough (Willie Ames) keep getting through. I am FULLY confused by what the heck keeps them safe. Apparently people can't hear anymore? The terrorists have infiltrated our Country by warping sound waves of teens.
THE GUYS CANNOT SING!

STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME BY HITTING SPEED DIAL AND VOTING FOR NO-TALENTS!

It is a complete abomination!!!!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 DISAGREE!!!! greenmonstah 04-09-04 1
   RE: DISAGREE!!!! belvafortune 04-09-04 2
       RE: DISAGREE!!!! zombiebaby 04-09-04 3
           RE: DISAGREE!!!! shedevil 04-10-04 4
               RE: DISAGREE!!!! watergirl 04-10-04 6
                   RE: DISAGREE!!!! Jayzzzy 04-10-04 7
               RE: DISAGREE!!!! belvafortune 04-14-04 14
                   RE: DISAGREE!!!! shedevil 04-15-04 16
                   RE: DISAGREE!!!! applesugar 04-16-04 18
                   RE: DISAGREE!!!! mistofleas 04-16-04 19
                       RE: DISAGREE!!!! shedevil 04-17-04 23
   JPL RE: DISAGREE!!!! Roo 04-16-04 21
       RE: JPL RE: DISAGREE!!!! ginger 04-16-04 22
 RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! theincrediblehugey 04-10-04 5
   RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! belvafortune 04-14-04 12
 RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! Critter 04-12-04 8
   RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! ssmith949 04-12-04 9
       RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! brvnkrz 04-12-04 10
           RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! belvafortune 04-14-04 13
       RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! belvafortune 04-14-04 11
   RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! belvafortune 04-14-04 15
 RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! Godd3ss 04-15-04 17
 RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON! unitabackup 04-16-04 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-04, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "DISAGREE!!!!"
JPL looks more like Nicholas than Tommy...

04-09-04, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail belvafortune Click to send private message to belvafortune Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
You are so very right!
I see the error of my ways. I guess I just basically call him "Eight is Enough"
I could call him VanPatten kid too.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
maybe more like David (Grant Goodeve). He was the one that sang the theme song!

"There is a plate of homemade goodness on the kitchen window sill...cause Eight is enough to fill our lives with love"

Or something like that.

Thank you...next show at 11:00

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-10-04, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
Maybe you didn't notice that it's called "American Idol", you know where we have freedom of choice? JPL fans choose to like him, and we choose to have our own thoughts and opinions, maybe you also didn't know that we all don't have to think like you.Seriously, everybody has fans and just because you or I don't like somebody it doesn't mean they don't have talent.If it bothers you to see people like JPL then why don't you avoid any posts that are praising him?

watergirl 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 06:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail watergirl Click to send private message to watergirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
oh shedevil....are you reading my thoughts?

I second that emotion!!

Jayzzzy 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-10-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jayzzzy Click to send private message to Jayzzzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
I will third that..... they may not be the best performers but IMHO they are not too bad, in fact I thought Red did a pretty good job with his Elton song. JPL has been better but all in all it was aiiight

04-14-04, 08:48 PM (EST)
14. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
>"Maybe you didn't notice that it's
>called "American Idol", you know
>where we have freedom of
>choice?"
That is right Shedevil. That is why my choice is to NOT like those two individuals performances. I have nothing against them as a people. They CAN'T and DON'T sing as well as the girls. Yet...the continue to be put on to the nest round.

"JPL fans choose to
>like him, and we choose
>to have our own thoughts
>and opinions, maybe you also
>didn't know that we all
>don't have to think like
>you."
Don't talk to me like I am two. I DO realize that. I DO have mu own thoughts and opinions as well. So far, anything I have posted has been quickly followed by a message from you stating that we have a right to our opinions. Oddly enough, you seem to want my to keep mine silent.

"Seriously, everybody has fans and
>just because you or I
>don't like somebody it doesn't
>mean they don't have talent"

Here is where I must disagree. I can't sing worth a dang. BUT...I did in fact attend a Performing Arts School. I also attended a Performing Arts College. I almost always agree with Simon. I have seen many, many auditions and performances. I do think I know what is good and what isn't.

"If it bothers you to see
>people like JPL then why
>don't you avoid any posts
>that are praising him?"
>

Because it IS America and I am entitled to my opinion.

>

04-15-04, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
>>"Maybe you didn't notice that it's
>>called "American Idol", you know
>>where we have freedom of
>>choice?"
>That is right Shedevil. That
>is why my choice is
>to NOT like those two
>individuals performances. I have
>nothing against them as a
>people. They CAN'T and
>DON'T sing as well as
>the girls. Yet...the continue
>to be put on to
>the nest round.
>
> "JPL fans choose to
>>like him, and we choose
>>to have our own thoughts
>>and opinions, maybe you also
>>didn't know that we all
>>don't have to think like
>>you."
>Don't talk to me like I
>am two. I DO
>realize that. I DO
>have mu own thoughts and
>opinions as well. So
>far, anything I have posted
>has been quickly followed by
>a message from you stating
>that we have a right
>to our opinions. Oddly
>enough, you seem to want
>my to keep mine silent.
>
>
>"Seriously, everybody has fans and
>>just because you or I
>>don't like somebody it doesn't
>>mean they don't have talent"
>
>Here is where I must disagree.
> I can't sing worth
>a dang. BUT...I did
>in fact attend a Performing
>Arts School. I also
>attended a Performing Arts College.
> I almost always agree
>with Simon. I have
>seen many, many auditions and
>performances. I do think
>I know what is good
>and what isn't.
>
>"If it bothers you to see
>
>>people like JPL then why
>>don't you avoid any posts
>>that are praising him?"
>>
>
>Because it IS America and I
>am entitled to my opinion.
>
>
You took everything I said wrong, so I'm not going to bother to try to explain myself. I feel what I said was clear enough. I answered the question at the top of the post, that's all I did.

applesugar 68 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applesugar Click to send private message to applesugar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
Fortune - Great response

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
I have seen many, many auditions and performances. I do think I know what is good and what isn't.

Do you like apples? Do you think they're good? See, cuz I don't. I don't think they're good at all. It's a matter of "taste". Same with the performers. I hate Eminem, can't stand his music and millions of others agree with me, but other millions of people love him. It's a matter of "taste".

Just because you've "seen many, many auditions and performances" does not make you an expert on what everyone else thinks. You might want to keep that in mind when making your comments.

>>>Your comment to SheDevil<<<<
Oddly enough, you seem to want my to keep mine silent.

I don't think SheDevil is trying to keep you silent fortune. While SD may be going about it a little forcefully, I do believe she's trying to get you to see that your statements are leaving little room for other peoples tastes and choices.

I think everyone needs to step back, chill a little and remember that one of the main reasons that Webby started this board in the first place is to bash and make fun of reality tv. We can certainly take things seriously but it is TV. Being passionate about something you have an opinion on is wonderful and I think everyone here has something good to say. Let's keep an open mind and not spend our time berating each other.

Webby has given us guidelines to follow and a place to play. Right at the top of the page are the words of Colleen from Survivor 1 "Play fair and be nice." Let's all keep that in mind.

--smoothing things over since 2001

04-17-04, 02:33 AM (EST)
23. "RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
mistofleas: great response

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-16-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "JPL RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
> JPL looks more like Nicholas
>than Tommy...

I think he looks a little like a young George Dubbya .

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: JPL RE: DISAGREE!!!!"
My friend said the same thing about a Young W.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-10-04, 04:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
I can see the resemblance with Willie.

He was so cute in Paradise with Pheobe Cates.

JPL Fan

04-14-04, 08:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
That is so RIGHT ON!
Groovy baby!

Critter 18 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Critter Click to send private message to Critter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
Man, I have to agree. The more Idol shows, the worse the choices become. Yes, the voters are deaf and Yes most probably believe that they are voting for the lil guys to make a point. I say make your points elsewhere because a good show is becoming a damn joke. Fantasia and george for me. That's talent.

However, I guess if JPL or the Cheap Crooner wins then we may not have to watch the same carbon copy rappers grunting and moaning their way through MTV. Even the so-called R&B acts are becoming very boring. These two jokers will make MTV and other music shows a darn comedy feast. oooops, the music industry is already a bad sitcom.

ssmith949 10 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ssmith949 Click to send private message to ssmith949 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
This show has never had too much to do with talent. At least til the latter stages. It is a free country, and you CAN vote for whomever you choose, i.e. John and JOn, but please don't say its because they have talent.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-04, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
I am voting for Jon S because he has the most talent and the best personality.

brvnkrz loves to stir the pot.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.

04-14-04, 08:38 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
Compared to who?
The girls are ALL better than him.

04-14-04, 08:36 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
>This show has never had too
>much to do with talent.
> At least til the
>latter stages. It is
>a free country, and you
>CAN vote for whomever you
>choose, i.e. John and JOn,
>but please don't say its
>because they have talent.

Ok...I would not have agreed with you until this year. The fact that love struck teens are calling in and voting for Red & Willie is just sad. I barely have time to come on here and post let alone call 50-65 times to vote for a performer.

04-14-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
">Fantasia and george for me.
>That's talent."
Rock on Critter.

I agree with the whole post but I only quoted this line because it is SO the truth.

Give me talent...not a reason for hearing loss.

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Godd3ss Click to send private message to Godd3ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
I think many people vote for their favorites, but people also probably vote as gags. As in, how funny would it be if John Stevens was the American Idol?

I dont know if anyone listens to Don & Mike on the radio, but Don started voting for JPL because he thought his dancing was funny (not because he was a good singer) and wanted to watch him make it to the end because he thought it would be funny. Then one week when he thought that he might be voted off, he swung his votes to John Stevens because he is so awful and again thought it would be funny to see him go far also.

Now granted, this doesnt make up a majority of the votes, but it may explain why some people stay around longer.

As much as I thought Camille stank, I would rather have to hear her one more time, then John Stevens. With proper voice lessons and time, Camille could probably sound awesome. But you can teach someone a personality.

unitabackup 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-16-04, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail unitabackup Click to send private message to unitabackup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Red and Willie Ames....come ON!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

I feel your pain and I don't understand it either.

And, I agree it is a complete abomination or makes a mockery of the show.

I didn't think of this until now but think of how many people auditioned and were terrible (tone deaf) and now use those percentages on the voting public and I think you'll quickly see the problem.

They are up there to be singers. Not models. Not hosts. Not dancers.

Singers.

For those of you who are voting for no talent and KNOW that they sing badly, please do the rest of the world a favor and have your phone service disconneted. Thanks.

FINALLY, JPL is gone and the majority of the mockery is over. I think I can actually live with Big Red being on the show now (I'll still clap when he's voted off, however).

So now, I'll do the JPL is gone dance (yes, I'm that happy that justice was finally served or the tone deaf voters got the bums rush).

(a samba)
JPL is gone, bam!
JPL is gone, bam!
JPL is gone, bam!
JPL is gone, bam!
{repeat}

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •