The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 2 Insider Clips"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-23-10, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 2 Insider Clips"
TC Voting clip:

Kelly B. (Shannon): I'm sorry but I have to save myself.

Fabio/Jud (Brenda): I guess this is still our game plan? I don't really know. Sorry Brenda. (Note he fumbles with the marker and keeps up the clueless persona even when voting.)

Naonka (Shannon): I had to do it because I heard you were plotting on me. (Note she's not as venom-filled as you'd expect in her voting confessional)

Chase (Shannon): Sorry dude, I know I lied to you but I want to play this game with some of the people I can trust, and in my gut I don't feel I can trust you. Sorry, hopefully we can friends after this. (Note he's very wimpy and inarticulate)

Brenda (Shannon): Chase saved my life tonight and Shannon ended his. It was either him or me tonight, so it was an easy vote for me. (Shades of Russell saving Parv?)

Shannon(Brenda): I don't know if it matters, I'll probably be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches tonight.

Kelly S. (Shannon): Shannon is drama and he's tearing apart the team. He's gotta go.

Benry (Shannon): I didn't come here tonight with the intention to write down your name, but after tonight, I think it's only going to better the tribe -- so.

Alina (Brenda): Brenda, you're a huge threat. You broke up a 6-person alliance today and you hide behind the fact that you're sweet and quiet. You're going to take everyone down.

Sash (Shannon): You should have known better than to mess with the biggest bachelor in New York. As they say in Nicaragua, Hasta la Vista!

------

It appears that definitely Benry and perhaps Kelly B. changed their vote at TC because of Shannon's crazy theatrics. (Although I can't imagine anyone wanted a tie.) Will be interesting to see if Fabio and Alina are on the "outs" after this vote and also whether they'll be mad at Benry and Kelly B. Then again, given how crazy things are on that tribe, alliances could shift again.

Based on some of the voting comments and also other Insider Clips, I'm getting the vibe that at least some of this year's castaways are placing a lot of emphasis on "honor/integrity/trust" vs. strategic game play. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't end up with a holier than thou jury.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 2 Insider Clips SquidProQuo 09-23-10 1
 RE: Ep. 2 Insider Clips SquidProQuo 09-23-10 2
 RE: Ep. 2 Insider Clips rachelOH63 09-24-10 3
   RE: Ep. 2 Insider Clips SquidProQuo 09-24-10 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-23-10, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 2 Insider Clips"
More Insider Clips:

YOUNGER TRIBE

- Alina says that she and Kelly B. have bonded (compared to the other girls) and trust each other. They've been looking but haven't found the HII yet. She knows that each of them might be looking on their own as well and that's OK but she knows that Kelly B. hasn't found it yet.

- Kelly B. says she's in a strong 6-person alliance with Alina, Chase, Benry, Fabio and Shannon. But that today's TC will draw lines and if Shannon goes home it'll mess things up. She also talks about how she needed to show that she could do well in a challenge and was happy with her IC performance. She says that no one really wanted to sit out and be volunerable, so she's happy that Naonka was nice enough to volunteer. (She obviously doesn't realize Naonka's ulterior motive.)

- Fabio talks about how the lack of sleep is a huge factor. He also says their tribe is like high school with all the cliques and gossiping. He says you have to bite your tongue sometimes.

- Chase says they've seen fish all along the tree line, but he hasn't had any luck in fishing and the net isn't working. He also talks about the physical fatigue.

OLDER TRIBE

- Jimmy T. says "I shined" at TC today. He says that he and Marty are the best/most agile in challenges...and he's starting to love Tyrone. He was the only one who wanted the Tarp but no one else would listen. He doesn't think the fishing gear will be helpful without a craft. (Interesting, he's the fisherman, right?)

- Marty says he's thinking about who needs to go next. He says that Dan is probably the next to go on the older tribe, because everyone's loving Jane and she works hard. But he's worried about Jimmy J. because if he makes it to the merge, he'd be dangerous because the younger people would look up to him. Marty isn't buying that Jimmy J.'s not playing for the million dollars. Marty thinks Jimmy J. needs to go before the merge and that he could convince Dan to vote for Jimmy J. if needed.

- Holly says she's glad she didn't quit and go home, because she wants to be a role model for her swim team and her kids. Even though she's tired and had a melt down, she thinks she's over the hump. It's a lot harder than she thought it would be. Also, she's glad that she came clean about Dan's shoes because she wants to play honestly and that's important with the jury.

There are still clips I haven't gotten to -- I'll try to watch the rest tomorrow.

09-23-10, 11:13 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Ep. 2 Insider Clips"
There's a lot of good stuff in the Insider Clips this week! Here's the rest of the batch:

- In a very intersting clip, Benry and Chase have a heart-to-heart about what they're going to do. They realize that the Brenda vs. Shannon decision is a crucial one that will change the course of the game. Benry pushes Chase to vote out Brenda, but Chase says he doesn't trust Shannon. Benry says he feels better about his chances with the alliance of 6 (Chase, Benry, Jud, Shannon, Alina, Kelly B.) but in the end says to Chase that "I'm with you 100%." In a confessional, Benry explains that he, Chase and Brenda made a separate 3-way alliance, so now they're torn between the 2 alliances. Here's the link to this clip: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=6NxrEvgRhqf0xSMrKmefQdopBUr1QRNb&vs=Default&play=true

- Benry talks about how La Flor is playing stupid and showing its immaturity. He's getting frustrated because no one wants to work around camp or improve the shelter. And people are wasting food -- e.g., they're cooking too much rice and someone left a half of pot of rice just sitting there and it got infested with flies. Benry says he might have to step up and speak up more because things need to change on their tribe.

- Alina and Kelly B. are shown looking for the HII. They clearly don't get the clues at all and haven't figured out the yard minus arm, etc. Interesting, though, because they're shown hunting for the HII on some cliffs where there are caves....so that 1st part of the clue has thrown them off.

- Kelly B. mentions that she's concerned she's vulnerable because of her leg, so she's glad that Alina has her back. Also, she says she's concerned because people are starting to pair off -- e.g., Naonka and Sash are always together, and Chase follows Brenda around "like a puppy dog in love."

- After the vote, Shannon doesn't look really mad or upset. Says Chase is a "good guy with no balls" who couldn't vote out his girlfriend. He also says that it sucks that his boy Fabio will probably get voted out next, followed by Alina. He says Brenda's "pimping everyone" and that he should have gunned after Chase instead. He says he saw the mistake that Russell and Boston Rob made last year and learned the lesson that alpha males should work together, but that he was wrong about Chase because Chase isn't really an alpha male, he's "just a little sensitive dude from North Carolina."

- The day after, Shannon talks about how he should have been on the older tribe because he's been married 11 years and is so much more mature (ha!). He basically disses just about everyone, including his wife, and calls the people on his tribe stupid idiots, etc. More redneck comments like Sash needs to come out of the closet. He hopes Chase loses and Fabio and Alina go far...he's on the fence about Ben.

- Kelly S. thinks their tribe has a lot of potential but people are jumping the gun on creating alliances and getting strategic. She says people are getting childish and running off and whispering.

- Sash talks about how the young tribe is doing their "march" to IC to show unity and intimidate the other tribe. (Between this clip and his voting confessional, Sash is a joke! Now I can see why Jeff said he has a chip on his shoulder. He is so smugly confident...I wonder if he's made it clear to everyone on the tribe that he's going for the minority alliance? Unfortunately Chase is probably too smitten/dumb to pick up on it.)

- Ironic Secret Scene: Shannon saying the alliance part is "a piece of cake" (ha!) but he hates all the bugs and how everyone stinks. Says he'll be around for 33 more days - ha!

- Cool clip showing Jimmy J. catching fish with just a tree branch as a fishing pole!! Says he could do better with real fishing gear. (Gotta say he's surprised/impressed me...talking Holly down, doing well in the mud challenge, catching fish with a tree branch when Chase can't even catch them with real fishing gear, etc.)

-----

The big takeaway for me from all these clips is that Benry appears to be the smartest and most rational person on La Flor, and is clearly in the thick of all the alliances...but he obviously needs to break up Chase and Brenda. The other interesting question is why aren't the editors showing him more?

And Alina and Kelly B. are the smartest/most interesting of the women on La Flor, but clearly found themselves on the wrong side of the numbers last night. They didn't vote together either, so what will that mean going forward?

Fabio seems to be on the outskirts of everything, but I get the vibe that he's the kind of low-key nice guy who could surf the waves, so to speak, and make it to the end.

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-24-10, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 2 Insider Clips"
Thanks! Since I'm not reading the boot list/missyae, I'll try to help out.

09-24-10, 01:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ep. 2 Insider Clips"
Thanks, Rachel -- that would be great!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •