The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lawdie_Dawdie 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-09-04, 06:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lawdie_Dawdie Click to send private message to Lawdie_Dawdie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
I think it's unfair that Hawaii is having to have a limited set of votes just because we vote TOO much i thought we were allowed to vote as much times as we want and setting a limit is totally and unfair and unjust!!!!! How can a small state make such a big difference to those of states that have 2x or more population then we do!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! AugustGirl 04-09-04 1
   Link or source please mistofleas 04-09-04 2
       RE: Link or source please DmajA 04-09-04 4
           RE: Link or source please lyrker 04-09-04 5
 RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! managerr 04-09-04 3
 RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! 712 04-10-04 6
   RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! mistofleas 04-12-04 7
       RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! brvnkrz 04-12-04 8
           RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! mistofleas 04-12-04 9
               RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! brvnkrz 04-12-04 10
                   RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! mistofleas 04-12-04 11
                       RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! brvnkrz 04-12-04 12
                       RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! brvnkrz 04-12-04 13
                           RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! mistofleas 04-12-04 14
                               RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! brvnkrz 04-12-04 15
                                   RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! mistofleas 04-12-04 16
                                       RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! brvnkrz 04-12-04 17
 It was an April Fool's Joke! popcorn_with_sam 04-13-04 18
   RE: It was an April Fool's Joke! mistofleas 04-14-04 19
   RE: It was an April Fool's Joke! zombiebaby 04-14-04 20
 RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! managerr 04-16-04 21
   RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! Chrissy gal 04-16-04 22
       RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! Kraz4clay 04-16-04 23
           RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! mistofleas 04-16-04 25
               RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! managerr 04-16-04 26
               RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! Chrissy gal 04-16-04 27
       RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! Mistral 04-16-04 24
       RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! shedevil 04-17-04 28
           RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! Lawdie_Dawdie 04-17-04 29
               RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! Chrissy gal 04-17-04 30
               RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! shedevil 04-17-04 31
 RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!! managerr 04-22-04 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-04, 06:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
Hi Lawdie. Welcome to the boards.

I haven't heard that Hawaii gets limited votes. Can you provide a link or a reference? I'd be very interested to read about this.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Link or source please"
Please make sure you provide a link when making such a strong statement. It avoids getting people all up in arms over something that may not actually be an issue.

I went to the best source for finding information, our own realitytvworld front page, and saw nothing about limiting votes in Hawaii. I've checked quite a few places and nada.

Are you sure they're limiting lawdie or can you just not get through as often as you want. I know that you're only allowed to vote once an hour. Could that be the problem?

Thanks.

--can't see why it would make a difference if they limited Hawaii though it wouldn't be very nice

DmajA 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-09-04, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DmajA Click to send private message to DmajA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Link or source please"
Once an hour???? I have voted almost a hundred times in an hour!!! ---now that makes me sound crazy.....

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-09-04, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Link or source please"
I voted 10x's for three different contestants in one night using speed redial, and the happy man-voice thanked me each time.

I only voted so much because the lines weren't tied up. I just couldn't help myself. *hangs head*

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-09-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
What are you talking about? Hawaii had 1.4 million of the 25 million votes last week. They are exerting voting influence far beyond their population. Hawaii shares phone lines with no other states too. The only people that they are fighting lines over with is themselves.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-10-04, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
Why should Hawaii have as much influence as a more highly populated state?
Representation by population, baby.

04-12-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-04 AT 10:52 AM (EST)

Why should Hawaii have as much influence as a more highly populated state? Representation by population, baby.

If American Idol were being decided by an electoral college then your comment would be valid. However, AI is being decided by sheer numbers alone. A pure democratic voting system.

mistofleas--refrains from commenting on her low opininon of the electoral college

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-04 AT 11:03 AM (EST)

There can't be too many good things to say about a college where nobody ever graduates.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.

04-12-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
There can't be too many good things to say about a college where nobody ever graduates.

Now see brazen, you're gonna get me started. Stop that!

--zips her mouth shut

04-12-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
Oh come on now Misto, you know I love to stir up a good bruhaha when I can.
*brazen unzips Misto*
Now unleash honey.

04-12-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
*brazen unzips Misto*

Are you getting fresh with me? *evil wink*

--is more interested in the naughty version of brazen "unzipping" than the more boring version where she unleashs her inner liberal

04-12-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-04 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

Now that I read the post again, well yes I am getting fresh.
Why is it that my perfectly innocent thoughts never seem to come out on posts that way.
I'm a Scorpio and we are not known for our dirty minds. Ok, even I had trouble typing that with a straight face.
We need to start a board which allows us to finish our naughty thoughts without getting in trouble for breaking the PG-13 rules. Not that I would go there.

04-12-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
I think you are threadjacking?

04-12-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
I think you are threadjacking?

Moi'?

--grins meglomanically

04-12-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
I love that grin. Is that like the Cheshire grin that I give when I know I've been bad but pretend that I haven't?

04-12-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
That's the one!

--meglomaniacal since birth

04-12-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
This I have mastered.

But honestly officer, I didn't see that red light.

popcorn_with_sam 154 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-04, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popcorn_with_sam Click to send private message to popcorn_with_sam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "It was an April Fool's Joke!"
From the Honolulu Star-Bulletin:

"Radio station KCCN had suggested in jest on April 1 that unlike previous weeks, only one vote from each from Hawaii household would count in the call-in tally"

http://starbulletin.com/2004/04/13/features/story1.html

04-14-04, 08:43 AM (EST)
19. "RE: It was an April Fool's Joke!"
There ya go. Thanks popcorn.

Orson Wells would be proud of that station. Getting people in a panic/tizzy over nothing.

--re-watched War of the Worlds last weekend

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: It was an April Fool's Joke!"
Doh!

04-16-04, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
Looks like Camille's exit pissed Hawaii off--logged 3.4 million votes last night. (About 24 million total votes according to Ryan) Assuming that 90% of those were for Jasmine, it was probably enough to keep her out of the bottom 3.

It's unlikely that Hawaii can propel Jasmine to victory, but it will probably be enough to take out Jon Stevens. Article below.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2004/Apr/16/il/il11a.html

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-16-04, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
Thank you for the link managerr.

I think it is outrageous to vote for someone just because they are from the same state! And wasn't it interesting that she chose a Disney movie about a little Hawaiian girl as her favorite movie? "Don't forget to vote for the little Hawaiian girl!"

This year's competition is all messed up!!

Kraz4clay 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kraz4clay Click to send private message to Kraz4clay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
If voting for someone from there own state is unfair then that should go for everyone else in the competition. Whats wrong with the movie she chose,I don't see you saying anything about the other Disney movie finding Nemo...To each is own. I don't live in HAWAII but I did give the gal my vote. Not everyone from Hawaii voted for her. I have friends that voted for Jennifer that lives in Hawaii...

04-16-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

If voting for someone from there own state is unfair then that should go for everyone else in the competition.

Chrissy didn't say that voting for someone from their home state isn't fair. Please read her post again. Chrissy said:
I think it is outrageous to vote for someone just because they are from the same state!

That's a very different thing. While I too think it's silly to use that as your reason for voting, I'm not suprised. Living in Texas has given me a great understanding of "state pride". I'm not into it, but lots of people are.

As for this comment:
Whats wrong with the movie she chose,I don't see you saying anything about the other Disney movie finding Nemo...To each is own.

Chrissy didn't say there was anything wrong with her choosing Lilo & Stitch (one other person chose it too). What she said was:
And wasn't it interesting that she chose a Disney movie about a little Hawaiian girl as her favorite movie? "Don't forget to vote for the little Hawaiian girl!"

It is interesting. Think about it. Lilo, cute little Hawaiian girl. Jasmine, cute little Hawaiian girl. It may be her favorite movie but, it was a ploy for the Hawaiian vote as well.

--doesn't vote except in the political arena

Edited to fix a spelling error

04-16-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
I agree that it's a silly reason for voting for someone. But at the same time, people vote for all of the other contestants for extremely ridiculous reasons anyway. If we take away all the shallow reasons that we vote for people, there would be a lot less votes....(Not saying it's a bad thing, just that I've accepted that it's the way it is)

04-16-04, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
Thank you Misto! You understood me perfectly!!

I even highlighted the word "just" to try to make my thought clear.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-16-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
What you said, Chrissy, what you said!!!

"Lilo & Stitch" is the lamest Disney movie ever!

Fortunately for me, if I did vote (which I don't) and I could only vote for someone from my state, it would be Latoya, so I would still be in luck. But her voice alone is enough to make me want to vote for her. The fact that she lives across the Bay from me doesn't influence me at all.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
>Thank you for the link managerr.
>
>
>I think it is outrageous to
>vote for someone just because
>they are from the same
>state! And wasn't it
>interesting that she chose a
>Disney movie about a little
>Hawaiian girl as her favorite
>movie? "Don't forget to
>vote for the little Hawaiian
>girl!"
>
>This year's competition is all messed
>up!!
>

That's exactly what I've been saying, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was lame to choose that for her favorite movie. Give me a break, I haven't liked her from the beginning and she hasn't done anything to make me feel differently about her. In fact she gets worse and more out of tune every week. Just my opinion.

Lawdie_Dawdie 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 04:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lawdie_Dawdie Click to send private message to Lawdie_Dawdie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
whats wrong with her for choosing that movie...coming from hawaii i love that movie,its not my favorite, but still she probably chose it bcause of the meaning of the movie,"ohana",(which means family in hawaiian) and over here in hawaii we are all in one BIG "ohana" no matter how much trias sucks hawaii will still give her their full support. and BTW she's not even hawaiian....FYI...shes actually asian....

04-17-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
whats wrong with her for choosing that movie...coming from hawaii i love that movie,its not my favorite, but still she probably chose it bcause of the meaning of the movie,"ohana",(which means family in hawaiian) and over here in hawaii we are all in one BIG "ohana" no matter how much trias sucks hawaii will still give her their full support.

That is the point. I believe that she chose that movie and talked about "ohana" because she wanted to remind the Hawaiian voters to vote for "the little Hawaiian girl". Could it actually be her favorite movie? Sure, but I think she had another reason for choosing it.

and BTW she's not even hawaiian....FYI...shes actually asian....

Oh, we know! You must have missed the "We are so proud of Camille & Jasmine because they are Filipino" thread. I simply do not care about these kinds of things when I vote! I vote based on who I would like to see perform again. I vote based on who I would like to hear on the radio. I do not vote based on nationality, race, or residency. I think it is silly that people will vote for a someone based on something other than talent.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
>whats wrong with her for choosing
>that movie...coming from hawaii i
>love that movie,its not my
>favorite, but still she probably
>chose it bcause of the
>meaning of the movie,"ohana",(which means
>family in hawaiian) and over
>here in hawaii we are
>all in one BIG "ohana"
>no matter how much trias
>sucks hawaii will still give
>her their full support. and
>BTW she's not even hawaiian....FYI...shes
>actually asian....

But she's lives in Hawaii right? My problem with it was covered by what you said. She is milking the whole "ohana" thing and it's a sad attempt to cover her weak vocals, in my opinion.Mahalo. I for one am voting for actual talent.

04-22-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Voting in Hawaii Not Fair!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-04 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

Wow, 4.3 million votes from Hawaii! Last night. Supposedly there were about 24.5 million total votes. I bet the votes were spread evenly last night and with Jasmine getting a 4 million head start on the rest of the competitors, you can see why she was probably really in the top group. (Maybe #1 overall last night) Hawaii is probably a bigger force for Jasmine than Utah was for Carmen last season. (For the record, I have no problem with it as long as Jasmine deserves to be in the competition--and I still think she does)

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2004/Apr/22/il/il02a.html

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •