The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S21 Nicaragua: State Of The Spoiling Calendar & Sign-Ups"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-01-10, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S21 Nicaragua: State Of The Spoiling Calendar & Sign-Ups"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-10 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

What is State Of The Spoiling, SOTS?

It’s our attempt to spoil and speculate this season of Survivor: Nicaragua.

This is the home of RTVW’s spoiling/speculating elite AND hopeful we can elbow the side of MB as we PROMISE to outspoil his best intentions again this season.

This thread will act as the primary source for signups and communication between SOTS-summarizers.

If you are new to SOTS no worries, we accept all voices. Just be ready to spend a week compiling and a couple of hours of writing and a majority of minutes posting and checking and editing. At least that is how it goes for me.

There is NO prerequisite for doing a SOTS so if you’re new and want to take a stab at summarizing the weekly spoiling info and present it to our hungry speculators, now's your chance.
Or if SOTS is old-hat to you, we're looking for your continued participation and alumnal insights.

In a normal season, there would be 14 episodes. So let's start with that as a base for our sign-ups and make adjustments as the season progresses. OK?

**NEW** The SOTS will be due on Mondays as Survivor will now be shown on Wednesdays. **NEW**

The finale is usually on Sunday with the SOTS due the Friday before.

SOTS Calendar
Updated:
Episode
Due Date
Air Date
Author
9/13/2010
9/15/2010
kircon
9/20/2010
9/22/2010
OPEN
9/27/2010
9/29/2010
OPEN
10/4/2010
10/6/2010
OPEN
10/11/2010
10/13/2010
OPEN
10/18/2010
10/20/2010
OPEN
10/25/2010
10/27/2010
OPEN
11/1/2010
11/3/2010
RECAP
11/8/2010
11/10/2010
OPEN
11/15/2010
11/17/2010
OPEN
11/22/2010
11/24/2010
OPEN
11/29/2010
12/1/2010
OPEN
12/6/2010
12/8/2010
OPEN
12/13/2010
12/15/2010
OPEN
12/17/2010
12/19/2010
OPEN

Note that most dates are speculative at the current time.

Note that the Recap may or may not happen. It might be Thanksgiving week.

Note that episode 14 falls on a Sunday.

Pick a day/episode and volunteer your time to laying all the information out in one easy catch-all thread.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S21 Nicaragua: State Of The Sp... michel 09-06-10 1
 Is there any interest? kircon 09-09-10 2
   RE: Is there any interest? Krautboy 09-09-10 3
   RE: Is there any interest? Georjanna 09-09-10 4
       RE: Is there any interest? rachelOH63 09-10-10 6
           RE: Is there any interest? AaronLittleton 09-21-10 11
   RE: Is there any interest? tribephyl 09-10-10 5
 #2 kircon 09-17-10 7
   #3 and #4 tribephyl 09-18-10 8
       RE: #3 and #4 Krautboy 09-18-10 9
           RE: #3 and #4 Flowerpower 09-18-10 10
               RE: #3 and #4 Georjanna 09-21-10 12
 SOTS: Delayed ... but on the way! Georjanna 10-13-10 13
   Feel Better kircon 10-13-10 14
       RE: Feel Better Outfrontgirl 11-10-10 15
           Hiya OFG Flowerpower 11-10-10 16
               RE: Hiya OFG Outfrontgirl 11-10-10 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-06-10, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: State Of The Spoiling Calendar & Sign-Ups"
SOTS: Read missyae.

There; done for the season.

09-09-10, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Is there any interest?"
I have not read any spoilers yet. I was planning on writing the SOTS this weekend.

Is there any interest anymore?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-09-10, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is there any interest?"
Hi Kircon, Thanks for getting this organized.

In the current spoiling environment, given all the insider information, and the other sites like TDT, SFever and SPhoenix, that compile it, it seems to me that the SOTS thread has evolved to a point where it's greatest value is for entertainment. The creative ways in which the writers present the weekly summary is far more valuable than the information they actually present, since the same summary of information can be found in various other places.

So I would say, if you and the other contributors enjoy writing the SOTS then keep it going, because there are plenty of people like me that enjoy reading it...but we are reading it primarily for the entertainment value, rather than the spoiling summary.

Krautboy

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-09-10, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is there any interest?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-10 AT 09:37 PM (EST)

I realize that I have very little - to no - currency regarding The SOTS. I've never volunteered to write one and, although I read (and appreciate) every one, I more often than not neglect to say so.

But I would really hate to see one of this Forum's most iconic features go by the wayside. Yes, for several Seasons Survivor has been/will be extensively (source) spoiled. But, that may not always be the case. And I am afraid that, if subjected to hiatus now, resources that have proven to be valuable spoiling staples - The SOTS, Veruca Salt's Editing thread, FlowerPower's Vidcap threads and so many others that have provided venues for provocative discussion and insightful analyses of important facets of the show for years - may not be easily restored later.

Besides, there is so much more to discover, discuss and determine than boot lists! And perhaps concentrating on those other things for a Season or two wouldn't be a bad way to refine our collective spoiling skill. In fact, it might be a lot of fun. For instance:

I loved last Season's Hindsight ... thread (begun by Krautboy and later resurrected by FlowerPower). So, I hope to see it again for Nicaragua. And I think that if, in addition to comprehensive coverage of sourced spoilers, this Season's SOTS included not only links to - but also timely details and tidbits from - some of the more speculative (informed but not source-dependent) threads, it might go a long way toward preserving our sense of unique - a lot of stuff is done really well here - community.

As several others have said in this and other spoiling communities in the past three or so Seasons: 'Knowing the destination' - And we can hardly complain about that. It is, after all, the ultimate purpose of this Forum - 'doesn't have to ruin the trip'.

So, please count me a "Yes!"

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-10-10, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is there any interest?"
>I realize that I have very
>little - to no -
>currency regarding The SOTS.
>I've never volunteered to write
>one and, although I read
>(and appreciate) every one, I
>more often than not neglect
>to say so.
>
>So, please count me a "Yes!"
>
Ditto! I've thought about volunteering but time and perhaps talent make me hesitate!

Also, I am NOT spoiled YET this season, so I was hoping the SOTS would take it a week at a time -- vs. reading missyae and learning the whole season.... although, as i've said before, I'm sure temptation will win sooner vs. later....

AaronLittleton 123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-21-10, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AaronLittleton Click to send private message to AaronLittleton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is there any interest?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-10 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

Well said, Georjanna!!

Rachel, I'm not spoiled yet either

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-10, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is there any interest?"
There is still interest. Much for the reasons KB and G stated above.
But also because I love doing the header.

I always read, often participate and occasionally rely on the SOTS. I don't often visit the other sites and while it's been a spotty past past few seasons, the SOTS, as done by our fine folks, is always a great read.

While I will not have televised capabilities for the first couple of weeks, I do plan on catching up at some point within the first month. But I'll still have computerized connectivity, so truly that may be the greatest reason to go ahead and do some early SOTS. Sign me up for week 3 (and add me as an alternate to do another SOTS later on).

09-17-10, 12:25 PM (EST)
7. "#2"
I am headed out of town, no internet access. If anyone wants to take on Ep 2 please say so.

If not I will start writing after I return home on Sun Eve.

kircon

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-10, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "#3 and #4"
I am clearing my schedule specially so I can do these.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-18-10, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: #3 and #4"
Kircon and Tribe are awesome!

Krautboy

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-10, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: #3 and #4"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-10 AT 07:54 AM (EST)

Yes, Kircon and Tribe are AWESOME, and so is Georgianna

Ok, I'll sign up to do one. How about week 9?

09-21-10, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: #3 and #4"
Waves to Kircon and FP ...

So, now that I've volunteered () to do a SOTS, and Sir Tribe has reserved time to do Episodes 3 and 4, I'm thinking ... Episode 5?

10-13-10, 09:49 AM (EST)
13. "SOTS: Delayed ... but on the way!"
Good Morning!

I reserved Monday evening and Tuesday morning to assemble this week's SOTS. Monday afternoon was devoted to a belated - three generations - celebration of my daughter's 47th birthday.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the restaurant that we chose (a national chain) may have been serving a bit of food poisoning for lunch: three of the four of us spent Monday evening and all day yesterday being pretty darned sick.

But, I should have things presentable enough to post by 4:00 today. And, although I know that is really too late to be useful, I will put it up. I had a lot of fun with the bits and pieces already in my computer, and I hope that you'll enjoy them too.

In the meantime, please don't wait on me. Go vote ...

'Sides, Missyae's late too.

10-13-10, 12:45 PM (EST)
14. "Feel Better"
Life happens. I was late with mine. It seems that everyone (tribe & I) so far has posted on Wed.

We will enjoy reading it.

Anyone want to take on next weeks show?

Enjoy the show!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-10, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Feel Better"
BUMP
I went looking for this because I missed my SOTS fix! It looks like FloPo may be on it for this week, looking at who signed up. I know you've been away FloPo, so no pressure! But if you are about to post one I will certainly savor it.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-10, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Hiya OFG"
Thanks for bumping this thread....I needed a bump! I am on it, next week I'll have the ole SOTS! Thanks. If Kircon needs me to do another one, I'd be happy to!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-10, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Hiya OFG"
yay, looking forward to that!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •