The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-24-10, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)?"
Missyae has provided numerous spoilers already this season. I thought we could speculate a little about one of them. Missyae has offered up clues about the general appearance of the Bootlist, without giving away too many specifics…

Missyae describing the bootlist:

"When I look at the bootlist from begin to end the 2 thoughts I have are - SeeSaw season or Season 21A and 21B."

"...21 A and B would make most people think it's like 2 seasons within 1, I know I know it's hard for you to keep up so I am going slow. Should I use all CAPS to help you read too? SeeSaw to most would probably mean up and down or back and forth..."

“Just remember why I used the word SeeSaw and why I said it could be a couple of seasons within 1, part A and B.”

“Up and down. Back and forth. Up and down. Back and forth.”

So Here’s the speculation:

The See-Saw Season

Season 21A (Pre-Merge) Old vs. Young

We know that the season starts out with Espada, 10 Older (40+) players vs. La Flor,10 Younger (30-) players. We also have been told that a tribal shake-up takes place fairly early. We might also assume the the “See-Saw” back and forth refers to the Espada and La Flor tribes making some kind of alternating trips to TC.

Season 21B (Post-Merge) Men vs. Women

We have also been told that when the tribes merge at 12, the gender split will be even; Six men and six women. The remaining players can no longer be identified as Espada or La Flor; since the tribal swap many players have spent time on both tribes. We might assume that the only “See-Saw” effect Missyae could have observed must relate to back and forth trips to TC alternating between Men and Women. The references to the “Black Widow” also suggests that the Women might team up to try and take out the men.

What other interpretations should we consider?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)... Outfrontgirl 08-24-10 1
   RE: The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)... Krautboy 08-24-10 2
 RE: The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)... CTgirl 08-25-10 3
 RE: The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)... Brownroach 08-25-10 4
 More on the See-Saw Krautboy 08-31-10 5
   RE: More on the See-Saw Outfrontgirl 09-05-10 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-10, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)?"
Thanks for starting this Krautboy!
I actually have gotten the opposite impression from missyae's posts, that La Flor And Espada remain equivalents to young and old as he discusses the spoilers, and that old and young will be the dominating polarity this season.

He hasn't said a word about gender-based alliances, but he has mentioned a minority alliance of 3 La Flor that is comprised of ethnic minorities: Brenda, No Onka, and part-Jamaican Matt (Sash).

With black whale getting no argument from missyae about the F3 original LF (OLF), it would seem that the early polarity held up to some extent.

It is possible that the re-merge does go seesaw a bit and I don't discount that idea. I did think it was the post-merge he described as the seesaw, and also as a whole different season.

All I have so far is that at least three Old La Flor go consecutively post merge, before all the OE are gone, BUT unlike with S19 the group down in numbers does not get supremacy.

Black whale has given a clue that the quits take place where the double tribal would have been scheduled anyway, at F7 and F8. If accurate, that would put the three OLF "boots" we know of at F9-F7. If OE goes F12-F10, that only leaves one OE, which isn't much of a seesaw, so perhaps there are two OE that survive until F6. Jane and Holly would be my guess.

That would create a situation where the pagonging seems less certain. Of course you could say the same of the Outback, with the Kucha elimination paused for the Jerri and Amber boots, but Lis and Rodger never had a real shot at F2.

I'm not sure at all what missyae is getting at, but I do think the post-merge will focus on the OLF battling it out, which would be a different season in a way because the first half of S21 is going to be them cruising and running the game.

08-24-10, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)?"
Hey OFG, thanks for getting the discussion going!

>I actually have gotten the opposite
>impression from missyae's posts, that
>La Flor And Espada remain
>equivalents to young and old
>as he discusses the spoilers,
>and that old and young
>will be the dominating polarity
>this season.

There is very little See-Saw effect pre-merge if you look at it in terms of age, so Missyae must be talking about a back and forth between tribes, not age.

>He hasn't said a word about
>gender-based alliances, but he has
>mentioned a minority alliance of
>3 La Flor that is
>comprised of ethnic minorities:
>Brenda, No Onka, and part-Jamaican
>Matt (Sash).

Couldn't the ethnic alliance also be considered aligning against the white males?

>With black whale getting no argument
>from missyae about the F3
>original LF (OLF), it
>would seem that the early
>polarity held up to some
>extent.

The F3 OLF could be a 3 Female final three...perhaps one of the "Survivor Firsts" that has been hinted at?

>It is possible that the re-merge
>does go seesaw a bit
>and I don't discount that
>idea. I did think
>it was the post-merge he
>described as the seesaw, and
>also as a whole different
>season.

Missyae said "SeeSaw or 21A and 21B." In other words, either or both descriptions should fit.

>If OE goes F12-F10, that only
>leaves one OE, which isn't
>much of a seesaw, so
>perhaps there are two OE
>that survive until F6.
>Jane and Holly would be
>my guess.

I agree that a few of the 40+ OE last longer than expected. Notice that the two you listed are both Women! Brenda the black widow may have recruited them to help execute her plan?

>I do think the post-merge
>will focus on the OLF
>battling it out, which would
>be a different season in
>a way because the first
>half of S21 is going
>to be them cruising and
>running the game.

I agree, but I also think it could be the Women of OLF will be battling against the Men of OLF and using the few remaining OE to gain the upper hand.

>
>

Krautboy

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-10, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-10 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

Admittedly, I have only skimmed your posts and OFG's and others, but my interpretation of "see saw" is that the power goes back and forth between two different factions. That also fits with "2 games within one game." Some alliance has the upper hand (21A) and then it changes after merge (21B) and then changes again.

I hope the game is as exciting as missyae says. Having the past two seasons so heavily spoiled has taken a lot of the interest away from me. But I just can't stay away from the spoilers! I am keeping my fingers crossed that missyae can continue to dole out clues a little at a time and I can get into spoiling again! Thanks again for all the spoiling work you are doing!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-10, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The See-Saw Season (21A & 21B)?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-10 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

To the minimal extent that I want to bother figuring out missyae's clues, I'll just say that 21A and 21B sounds to me like a repetition of Palau, where one original tribe was essentially decimated before the other one. There were blips: Willard left because of the enforced double TC and Stephenie hung on for a couple of TCs after the merge, but essentially the first half of the show focused on Ulong because they were all getting booted, then the second half focused on Koror.

This sounds like it's going to play out more or less the same way.

ETA: and in the same regard, the "seesaw" could mean that at the beginning one tribe is up and the other is down, but as more "down" tribe members are voted out and get off the seesaw, the seesaw tips over so that the "up" players are eventually "down" and they have to start getting off.

08-31-10, 04:35 PM (EST)
5. "More on the See-Saw"
"Jedijake wrote:

Missyae Replied:
"Anyone here ever been on a See-Saw. it goes up and down. If I followed a baseball team like the Red Sox and they had a 'See Saw Season', they would have won a few, lost a few, been up and been down. Do like the term 'Bounce Back' better?..."

The Older Tribe may "bounce back" after the merge, when the game changes to Men vs. Women...but in the end it appears the young men eventually emerge victorious.

Krautboy

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-10, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: More on the See-Saw"
I have come around to the idea of a sort of gender split post merge. I think that Marty and Dan will be allied with Matt and probably Jud. Chase I'm not so sure, and I'm not sure where Jane falls.

I think Brenda will have a mostly female alliance, but not entirely. I say not entirely because Kelly B almost has to be taken out by Brenda's group.

For there to be a see-saw with Brenda's group, it should be in power for F12-10, at which point the see saw dips and her opponents take control. Now if the see saw is to dip the other way again, it's possible that not all of her allies go in a row. At F6, the now-dominant alliance could turn on itself to take out Dan. Or not.

Holly, Jane, and Dan could conceivably survive until F6, which would make for almost a comeback on the part of Espada.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •