The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-14-10, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-10 AT 08:07 AM (EST)

Saw that Krautboy noted that the Survivor Fever vidcaps link, so I thought I'd get the Vidcap thread up and running. So nice to see his moniker up and running as well...

Thanks so much to Survivor Fever for uploading all of the video captures!

Transcript:

Announcer: This Fall, Survivor makes its biggest move yet, to Wednesdays.

Jeff Probst: We're now going to divide into tribes. Forty and older, over here. Thirty and younger, over here.

Announcer: Old...

Jimmy Johnson: I know it's going to be hard, but I'm in charge.

Announcer: ...versus young.

Benry: The elderly people seem a little mentally weak.

Kelly Shinn: Being 20, there's no disadvantage there.

Announcer: A battle of the ages.

NaOnka: I'd like to just be friendly, have a smile and then stab 'em in the back.

Wendy: I don't even understand their language half the time.

Announcer: Survivor premieres CBS, Wednesday, September 15th.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps Flowerpower 08-14-10 1
 RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps vince3 08-14-10 2
   RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps PepeLePew13 08-14-10 4
       RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 08-15-10 8
           RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps byoffer 08-26-10 18
 Tribe Logos Reversed Krautboy 08-14-10 3
 Ep 1, Promo #2 Flowerpower 08-15-10 5
   RE: Ep 1, Promo #2 bondt007 08-16-10 9
       RE: Ep 1, Promo #2 Outfrontgirl 08-16-10 11
           RE: Ep 1, Promo #2 PepeLePew13 08-26-10 19
 Ep 1, Promo #3 Flowerpower 08-15-10 6
 RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 08-15-10 7
 RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps bondt007 08-16-10 10
 La Flor gets fire in EP1 Krautboy 08-17-10 12
   RE: La Flor gets fire in EP1 Outfrontgirl 08-17-10 13
       The Medallion of Power Krautboy 08-18-10 14
           RE: The Medallion of Power Outfrontgirl 08-18-10 15
           RE: The Medallion of Power Krautboy 08-20-10 16
 Promo 8/16 Flowerpower 08-23-10 17
 RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps rachelOH63 08-26-10 20
   RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps Brownroach 08-26-10 21
 RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps rachelOH63 08-27-10 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-14-10, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
A few notable comments on the first commercial for the season....

1. Jimmy Johnson gets the first vidcap confessional.
2. Other confessionals that follow: Ben, Kelly, NaOnka, and Wendy.
3. The last confessional is from Wendy, who TDT notes, as noted by OFG, is speculated as the first boot. We know that traditionally SEG and CBS does like to showcase the first boot in pre-episode vidcaps...their only time to shine, so to speak. Out of the 5 confessionals aired in this segment, Wendy makes a stellar choice.....come on, a goat farmer that complains she can't understand the language they are speaking? ( I couldn't say, however, how many times the boot has appeared in their very first commercial...)
4. What is interesting to ponder is that their star of the season is noted, Jimmy, as well as their speculated boot, so what of the other three? Are they just filler, or could there be one in there that goes very far?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-10, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
That metallic looking Fleur....

Is that the Medallion? or something else?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-10, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
Not sure why they're using a fleur-de-lis. It's distinctly French and is mainly associated with the French monarch, and Nicaragua has practically nothing to do with the French in its history AFAIK.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-10, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-10 AT 08:09 PM (EST)

It is an odd symbol to use.

Perhaps there's no Spanish stylized flower icon that is similarly recognizable.

Which makes me think of La Fleur, and from there to Benry.
For LOST fans (or ex-fans), how odd is it that there's a player whose real name has resulted in the nickname that LOST fans gave to Emerson's character. If that makes you go what? -- Henry gale, fake name + Ben Linus = Benry.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-10, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
The fleur de lis is also the international symbol for Scouts (Boy Scouts in the USA). Could they be having fun with the young tribe and calling them boy scouts?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-14-10, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Tribe Logos Reversed"
Hi FP! Thanks for bringing these over!

Notice that the production department reversed the Logos for this promo...the Espada Logo (swords) is shown with the young tribe and the La Flor Logo (Fleur-de-lis)is shown with the older tribe images.

The vidcaps include images from both the Medalion Challenge and the Immunity Challenge.

Krautboy

08-15-10, 11:07 AM (EST)
5. "Ep 1, Promo #2"
Just as we knew they would milk Jimmy J for all he's worth, this second promo aired during yesterday's golf....trying to catch the interest of the sports enthusiast, perhaps...

Thanks Survivor Fever for the uploaded Vidcaps!

Transcript:

Announcer: Legendary football coach, Jimmy Johnson joins the tribe....

Jimmy Johnson: I'm Survivor's biggest fan on TV. Playing it, it's a different ballgame.

Announcer: Now, with the tribes divided...

Jimmy Johnson: The older ones here, the younger ones there...

Announcer: Can Jimmy send in the winning play?

Jimmy Johnson: I was looking forward to some of those younger people carrying me.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-16-10, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 1, Promo #2"
I wonder if they are going to start seeding the game with "celebs" of a certain kind - going out and recruiting them and all for future seasons...

08-16-10, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 1, Promo #2"
S11 - Gary Hogeboom
S12 - Dan, astronaut
S13 - Jonathan Penner
S15 - Jean-Claude world series poker
S18 - Taj, SVW and NFL wife

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep 1, Promo #2"
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-10 AT 01:46 PM (EST)

I was thinking more along the lines of recruiting from the Dallas Cowboys alumni association, a.k.a. America's Team...

Ted Rogers Jr.
Gary Hogeboom
Taj Johnson-George (hubby played for the Cowboys)
Jimmy Johnson

08-15-10, 11:39 AM (EST)
6. "Ep 1, Promo #3"
Many of these vidcaps are very similar to the first promo, so I will only post relevant frames, along with the transcript. This promo introduces Jimmy T., Alina and Holly to the already mentioned cast. Thanks so much to Survivor Fever for the Vidcaps!

Transcript:

Announcer: This Fall, Survivor makes its biggest move yet, to Wednesdays.

Jeff Probst: We're now going to divide into tribes. Forty and older, over here. Thirty and younger, over here.

Announcer: Old...

Jimmy T.: I'm confident about going up against the young boys.

Alina: The older people, I'm not intimated by them.

Benry: The young guns need to stick together, you know.

Announcer: In a battle of the ages.

Holly: The way I look they think, "Oh my God, she's not going to get her fingernails dirty."

NaOnka: I could just blow her over, she looks that delicate.

Announcer: Survivor premieres CBS, Wednesday, September 15th.

*Something to note:

Confessionals in first promo: Jimmy J, Benry, Kelly, NaOnka, Wendy
2nd promo: Jimmy J
3rd promo: Jimmy T, Alina, Benry, Holly, NaOnka,
*Bolded means the person has gotten confessionals in more than one promo*

08-15-10, 07:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
Thank you, thank you, FloPo! So glad you are back with your vidcaps thread.

>>> What is interesting to ponder is that their star of the season is noted, Jimmy, as well as their speculated boot, so what of the other three? Are they just filler, or could there be one in there that goes very far?

In the past I have taken a lot of significance from first introductions, mostly confessionals in the first episode. However, here is my take on the ads, partly informed by reading Sucks -- where people get incredibly invested in the players:
1) they want to see "hot" players. 2) they want to see players they identify with. 3) fans in ethnic minorities want to see the minority players; gay fans want to see the gay player. 4) they are interested in celebrities.

It's mostly the younger fanbase that it is obsessed with seeing hot bodies. That's the fanbase SEG risked alienating by casting 10 over 40 players. Over at Sucks, fans are really interested in Kelly S, for her looks (don't think she's that hot, but some do). Na Onka is the one black female for the season, and appears to be more interesting and flexible in her approach than Yasmin. (yay for that).

Anyhow, I think the goal of the ads right now is to show the cast's diversity and get people interested, demonstrate that there are hot girls and guys, and someone to represent who is also hot.

Of the people you asked about, I think Ben could go very far. He seems extremely manipulative, and is getting some major hate from one person at Sucks who seems to know something about him. He does not sound like the kind who gets the final vote, but he could be a significant player. KellyS, doubtful. Na Onka, a question mark for me, but after listening to her video, she comes off as a personality, not as a strategist.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-16-10, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
vid cap 48-52 Marty's got this "oh you guys....come on now" thing and Naonka (and the rest) are pretty happy about what just happened, then she turns to Marty...

and in the linked vis cap 17 Marty has a similar look but Naonka is really surprised and Ben cheers.

Of course Jeff might have just said "...and YOU guys get Jimmy..." or something thrilling like that.

08-17-10, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "La Flor gets fire in EP1"
We have been told that La Flor trades the MOP for flint and these vidcaps appear to confirm it...

High Fives after starting the fire...

Everyone standing around the fire with smiles...notice that Shannon is off by himself, not yet bonded with the group, or a loner by nature...early warning sign that he could be a pre-merge boot?

Krautboy

08-17-10, 08:55 PM (EST)
13. "RE: La Flor gets fire in EP1"
Good observation, KB.

Do we have any shots of the first immunity challenge, or is this all the medallion competition?

How does it work that one team wins the MOP and then it is owned by La Flor, after which they trade it? Does it belong to one person, and then follows him or her? I may have read how it works, but I've forgotten.

08-18-10, 02:48 PM (EST)
14. "The Medallion of Power"
OFG: Here's how Missyae explained it...

”Since Gordon Holmes posted about the little new twist of the Medallion I will tell you all this begins in episode 1. The players walk in to join Jeff Probst. They have already been divided into 2 teams, but not the old vs young. Jeff talks about the Medallion but does not tell them exactly what power it will hold later in The Game. The first challenge is for the Medallion. Brenda Lowe's team wins the Medallion as she is the player who takes possesion of it during the challenge. At that point Jeff then splits them into the old vs. young tribes so the Medallion goes to the young tribe. However, Jeff gives them the option to give the Medallion to the old tribe in exchange for flint. After a quick meeting and deciding nobody could make fire, they choose to take the flint and give the Medallion to the old tribe and The Game begins!!!!

(vidcap courtesy of SF)
Here's an shot of Brenda apparently wearing the MOP. (Chevy over at the MessHall gets credit for spotting it.)

Krautboy

08-18-10, 07:39 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Medallion of Power"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-10 AT 08:34 PM (EST)

Thanks!
Then it's not a matter of the team winning the challenge, but of one player reaching the Medallion? ETA, oh I see, it's an everybody run and search the area for the MOP challenge, and Brenda succeeds.

Someone made a nice unofficial intro montage to music using clips that have been released ... did a good job, check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n83F0rsPUhk

08-20-10, 04:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Medallion of Power"
TDT posted this vidcap over at Messhall...

Shows the MOP around Marty's neck, apparently after Espada traded their flint for it...

Krautboy

08-23-10, 08:05 AM (EST)
17. "Promo 8/16"
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

New promo up on 8/16, essentially the same theme: Introducing Survivor, which will now be seen on Wednesdays, and the theme of the show, Old vs Young.

Here is the transcript:

Announcer: Survivor makes it's biggest move yet, to Wednesdays.

Jeff Probst: We're now going to divide into tribes.

Announcer: And this time it's old...

Tyrone: The kids are going to get a wakeup call from the old cats.

Jud: There's no reason we can't just mow 'em all down.

Announcer: In a battle of the ages.

(Then we see the La Flor Tribe celebrating, and then we see them all around their fire...)

Then the promo ends with their star....

Jimmy Johnson: I was looking forward to some of those young people carrying me.

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-26-10, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
oh....I have not been spoiled yet this season...and it is VERY hard. I am soo tempted to click on link after link. I finally clicked on this link, hoping I didn't learn the whole season's outcome... and just learned the first boot here. but i so enjoy looking at the vidcaps and getting my survivor fix. (i'm sure i'll be spoiled to the end by week 1....)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-10, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
The first boot is the only boot spoiled so far. Several other departures were revealed, and the general time frame in which they occurred, but not the exact episode. The missyae thread has the most information so don't go there if you really don't want to know.

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-27-10, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: S21, Episode 1, Vidcaps"
Thanks for the info, BR!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •