The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION IN REAL TIME - STARTED LAST WEEK WE NEED A PLACE FOR SPOILERS! I HAVE MORE INFO"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-24-10, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION IN REAL TIME - STARTED LAST WEEK WE NEED A PLACE FOR SPOILERS! I HAVE MORE INFO"
Survivor Nicaragua starts filming, will spend $6+ million in Nicaragua
Survivor Nicaragua »
June 22, 2010, 10:35 AM
comment »
Survivor Nicaragua started production last week, as press members were there for the first three days of filming, as usual, returning to the US just as Big Brother had its media day Friday for fan sites and whoever else would subject themselves to being locked inside for a day.

The show is filming seasons 21 and 22 back to back in San Juan del Sur, and the Tico Times reported that over the six month period that the production is there, “the 250-member crew of Survivor will inject more than $6 million into the local San Juan economy over the next six months, contracting some 200 locals and renting the equivalent of 20,000 hotel room nights in this small town.”

That impact is significant, but the promotional impact is even greater. “We don’t have the resources to even pay one TV ad that would reach that kind of audience,” Javier Chamorro, the executive director of ProNicaragua, told the paper.

The article erroneously says filming starts July 15, but it actually started last week. Perhaps that’s some misdirection on the part of producers, who actually talked to the newspaper, which is highly unusual. Last season, after all, the government of Samoa asked journalists to not report on Survivor. Executive producer Leisa Francis told the paper that “Survivor is a unique opportunity for a host nation to reach out to the world. … The promotional value is extraordinary.”

And challenge producer John Kirhoffer said, “For the 11 years I’ve been doing Survivor, I have never been as excited about spending six months in any other country. And San Juan del Sur is on the top of my list of favorite places in the world to be. I love great cigars, rum and beautiful people, so I’m not leaving.”

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 promo goldenmike4393 06-24-10 1
   FIRST LEAK ON CONTESTANT: POKER PL... goldenmike4393 06-24-10 2
       ANOTHER LOCAL ARTICLE TICO TIMES goldenmike4393 06-24-10 3
           LOCATION OF ACTUAL FILMING goldenmike4393 06-24-10 4
               RE: LOCATION OF ACTUAL FILMING goldenmike4393 06-24-10 5
                   RE: LOCATION OF ACTUAL FILMING LFJ 06-24-10 7
                       RE: LOCATION OF ACTUAL FILMING goldenmike4393 06-25-10 8
                           DOES THIS PASS AS JOURNALISM (COMME... goldenmike4393 06-25-10 9
                               MERGE? goldenmike4393 07-02-10 17
                                   FIRST POST MERGE BOOT ON SUNDAY JUL... goldenmike4393 07-06-10 18
                                       RE: FIRST POST MERGE BOOT ON SUNDAY... michel 07-07-10 19
                                           RE: FIRST POST MERGE BOOT ON SUNDAY... goldenmike4393 07-07-10 20
                                               WE HAVE OUR FIRST CONTESTANT THANKS... goldenmike4393 07-07-10 21
                                                   RE: WE HAVE OUR SECOND CONTESTANT T... goldenmike4393 07-20-10 23
                                                       Semi-retread. Estee 07-20-10 25
                                                       RE: WE HAVE OUR THIRD CONTESTANT TH... goldenmike4393 07-21-10 33
                                                       DALLAS MORNING NEWS ARTICLE ON JIMM... goldenmike4393 07-21-10 34
                                                       MORE MISSYA INFO goldenmike4393 07-22-10 36
                                                           IN REAL TIME: TODAY IS "FINAL TRIB... goldenmike4393 07-22-10 37
                                                               TRIBAL MEMBERSHIP goldenmike4393 07-26-10 47
                                                                   RE: TRIBAL MEMBERSHIP PepeLePew13 07-26-10 48
                                                   RE: WE HAVE OUR FIRST CONTESTANT TH... goldenmike4393 07-26-10 46
                                                       BLACKWHALE SPOILER: CHASE AND BREN... goldenmike4393 07-28-10 52
                                                           CBS ANNOUNCEMENT: INFO BEGINS TRIC... goldenmike4393 07-28-10 53
                                                               THANKS TO TRUE DORK TIMES! goldenmike4393 07-29-10 54
   BOOT ORDER: FIRST LIST goldenmike4393 07-20-10 24
       Missaye Boot List Krautboy 07-21-10 35
           RE: Missaye Boot List goldenmike4393 07-27-10 49
               RE: Missaye Boot List Krautboy 07-27-10 50
                   RE: Missaye Boot List PepeLePew13 07-27-10 51
 The good news (such as it is). Estee 06-24-10 6
   RE: The good news (such as it is). Outfrontgirl 07-07-10 22
 Shooting schedule and climate. Estee 06-25-10 10
   RE: Shooting schedule and climate. rachelOH63 06-26-10 11
       RE: Shooting schedule and climate. PepeLePew13 06-26-10 12
           RE: Shooting schedule and climate. SpotTheDifference 06-27-10 13
               RE: Shooting schedule and climate. PepeLePew13 06-27-10 15
       RE: Shooting schedule and climate. Estee 06-27-10 14
           RE: Shooting schedule and climate. rachelOH63 06-28-10 16
 Rumor: S22 fomat/theme. Estee 07-20-10 26
   RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme. michel 07-20-10 27
       RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme. Estee 07-20-10 28
           RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme. Snidget 07-20-10 29
           RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme. SpotTheDifference 07-21-10 30
           RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme. michel 07-21-10 31
               RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme. Estee 07-21-10 32
       RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme. Brownroach 07-22-10 38
       LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT goldenmike4393 07-22-10 39
           RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT Outfrontgirl 07-22-10 40
               RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT goldenmike4393 07-29-10 55
                   RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT PepeLePew13 07-29-10 56
                       RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT Outfrontgirl 07-29-10 57
                           RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT goldenmike4393 07-29-10 59
                               RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT Outfrontgirl 07-29-10 61
                       RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT goldenmike4393 07-29-10 58
                           RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT PepeLePew13 07-29-10 60
 RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION... Outfrontgirl 07-22-10 41
   RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION... Round Robin 07-23-10 42
       RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION... Outfrontgirl 07-23-10 43
           RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION... PepeLePew13 07-23-10 44
               RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION... Outfrontgirl 07-23-10 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-24-10, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "promo"
Promo

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=zIMYY044yn2aq8nk2TS4TE35QFEJUzBt

06-24-10, 04:29 PM (EST)
2. "FIRST LEAK ON CONTESTANT: POKER PLAYER"
http://zmarter.com/poker-news/survivor-nicaragua-may-feature-a-poker-player.html

06-24-10, 04:35 PM (EST)
3. "ANOTHER LOCAL ARTICLE TICO TIMES"
http://fenixretreat.com/2010/06/survivor-21-underway-%E2%80%93-boosting-the-nicaragua-economy/

ANOTHER ARTICLE

06-24-10, 04:41 PM (EST)
4. "LOCATION OF ACTUAL FILMING"
Survivor Nicaragua Filming Locations

By Blind Freddy 6.11.10

While the spotlight first shined on the coastal surfing/fishing village of San Juan Del Sur as the jumping off spot for the coming season of Survivor Nicaragua, further bits and pieces of information have placed the primary filming sites to be at several of the relatively unspoiled beaches just South of San Juan Del Sur.

Specifically, the online news source 'Del Sur News Online' (posted 6.10.10) recently listed some of the filming locations:

"Some were surprised about the amount of beaches and the length of time they were to be shut down for filming which is planned for about the middle of June until the end of September. The Locations Manager, Golden Swenson explained that the show cannot have any kind of unplanned objects in vision and also the microphones worn by the contestants are extremely sensitive and therefore external unwanted noise is a factor. For those reasons and for security, Svenson said that the beaches they will use 'will be pretty much be closed to the public for that time frame'. The beaches they will be using are: Escameca, Escamecita , the South part of Yankee, Hermosa, and Tamarindo."

This core of beaches is located about 10km(6 mi) South of San Juan Del Sur, roughly a 30 minute drive away along a newly paved trunk road. The 'NicaTimes' reports that road maintenance and security has been assured for the duration of the production:

"...the Nicaraguan government also had to provide assurances of road maintenance so the crew can access the area's remote beaches during the rainy season. The government has agreed to provide road grading-machines to keep the access open to the filming locations."...'In addition to coordinating with National Police, the Survivor production crew will have its own private security force as well as hired locals."

While the 'Remanso Beach' area was mentioned by a source as a Survivor location, its proximity to San Juan Del Sur(10 min) and its plethora of beachfront residences perhaps suggest use as extended crew accommodations. However independent online sources have further indicated 'Escameca Beach' as "one of the beaches the hit show "Survivor" will be shot at". 'Hermosa Beach' has been equally tagged by sources as "a gorgeous 2 mile beach that was absolutely deserted. It turns out this is where they will be filming the new US Series of 'Survivor' ".

Additionally, set locations have been mentioned by sources to be in "some jungle areas", which might mean the 450 acre Nica Dev: 'Las Fincas Reserve' in the extended Escamequita River corridor area or the similarly close by 'Escameca Grande Private Reserve' river corridor adjoining 'Escameca Beach'. Interestingly yet another source has indicated that SEG is "building a pretty sweet staging area near our place"...which is about 5km(3 mi) inland from 'Yankee Beach' near the 'Las Fincas Reserve' area.

The 'La Flor Nature Reserve' would seems to be a poor choice for extended onsite presences other than perhaps limited Reward visit footage due to the sensitive nature of the endangered 'Olive Ridley Turtles' which utilize these areas as egg laying habitats. However further South, the 'Ostional Wildlife Reserve' might be utilized for some Challenge or Reward type ventures.

06-24-10, 04:44 PM (EST)
5. "RE: LOCATION OF ACTUAL FILMING"
http://www.survivorfever.net/S21FilmLocs.htm

Maps and Links to film location beaches with information.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-10, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: LOCATION OF ACTUAL FILMING"
Hey, GM!!!

Keep the Spoilers coming please (in the appropriate thread, of course).

I'm looking forward to getting into the trenches with everyone.

06-25-10, 12:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: LOCATION OF ACTUAL FILMING"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-10 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

Hey! Glad to see you

Last night was Day 11, and the fourth person "went home".

This is Day 12. Here's the link to the Calendar

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_nicaragua/calendar.htm

This is a spoiler group so my understanding is you can "soil" anywhere you want

06-25-10, 12:30 PM (EST)
9. "DOES THIS PASS AS JOURNALISM (COMMENTING ON AN ARTICLE)?"
Survivor Starts Filming In Nicaragua, Will Spend $6 Million
June 25, 2010 09:00:37 by Nancy Floyd

The filming for seasons 21 and 22 of Survivor are now underway in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. According to a local newspaper, during the six-month production, the reality TV show will rack up a bill of $6 million!! Keep reading for more details on the filming…

Filming for season 21 of Survivor: Nicaragua is now underway in San Juan del Sur, one of the most popular travel and vacation sites in the entire nation. As soon as filming for season 21 is completed, production will start on season 22, also being filmed in San Juan del Sur. Government officials in the city are thrilled at the promotion that they will receive as well as the economic boost.

According to an article in the Tico Times, “the 250-member crew of Survivor will inject more than $6 million into the local San Juan economy over the next six months, contracting some 200 locals and renting the equivalent of 20,000 hotel room nights in this small town.”

Leisa Francis, co-executive producer of Survivor, says that the decision to shoot in Nicaragua was an easy one. “Many nations around the world compete to have Survivor in their country,” Francis says. “We were invited here by the government of Nicaragua and we were amazed at how fast we were able to identify an area that would satisfy the show. All of a sudden the spotlight is going to be on Nicaragua, and it’s going to make people stop and think and take a closer look at the country. So that will be a good thing.”

“Survivor is a unique opportunity for a host nation to reach out to the world,” Francis adds. “The show is created in a way that highlights the host nation’s scenic beauty, its wildlife and its culture. It’s 15 hours of television reaching 13 million viewers per week on prime-time TV. Survivor delivers a video postcard of the host nation. The promotional value is extraordinary.”

John Kirhoffer, a challenge producer for the show, is thrilled about the new location. “For the 11 years I’ve been doing Survivor, I have never been as excited about spending six months in any other country,” he said. “And San Juan del Sur is on the top of my list of favorite places in the world to be. I love great cigars, rum and beautiful people, so I’m not leaving.”

07-02-10, 01:44 PM (EST)
17. "MERGE?"
This could be Merge Day according to tdt calendar.

Wooo Hooo

07-06-10, 05:08 PM (EST)
18. "FIRST POST MERGE BOOT ON SUNDAY JULY 4TH"
This is exciting in a remote way

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-07-10, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: FIRST POST MERGE BOOT ON SUNDAY JULY 4TH"
(Just imagine if Whooo Hooo winds up to be the merge tribe's name!)

07-07-10, 06:55 PM (EST)
20. "RE: FIRST POST MERGE BOOT ON SUNDAY JULY 4TH"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-10 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

I am laughing! Pretty funny!

I guess I will fill my time with BB begining tomorrow night, but my heart is on the "island".

07-07-10, 07:20 PM (EST)
21. "WE HAVE OUR FIRST CONTESTANT THANKS TO TDT"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-10 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

Holly Hoffman
44 yr old (out early in my opinion)
Eureka SD
Rancher and Pagent Director

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_nicaragua/survivometer21.htm
for attribution

Go here for a full discussion:

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/71963/t/Potential-cast-member-Holly-Hoffman.html

07-20-10, 01:03 PM (EST)
23. "RE: WE HAVE OUR SECOND CONTESTANT THANKS TO TDT"
Jimmy Johnson
67 yr old
Islamorada Florida
Ex NFL Coach and TV Analyst

- jackbauer1982: He's on S21.
- missyae: Yes, he's on.

This season will pit a group of 40 years and older players against a group of 30 years and younger players. The yellow tribe is named LaFlor and their players are 30 and under. The blue tribe are the 40 and older players and their tribe name is Espada. The rumors about the machtor originally from Denver and now living in California is true, he is there. The rumor about Holly Hoffman is true, she is there. The rumor about Ex-Dallas Cowboys football coach Jimmy Johnson is true, he was on the 40 and over tribe but did not last long at all. Look for a merge at 12. Yes, I will have more info, including a boot order. I am also starting a thread on the other board about season 22.

Will he end up like Mike Borassi???

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-10, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Semi-retread."
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-10 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

The most interesting part of the first few episodes may be watching the local weather trying to interact with his hair.

After trying out for a number of seasons, he made it through -- for Samoa. He just never reached the beach: the pre-show medical exam revealed an arterial blockage. While Donald would have waved him through and hoped for an on-air heart attack, this particular production group sent him to the hospital with orders to return if and when he recovered. It's not the first time a contestant has been postponed due to personal issues -- Tina Scheer comes to depressive mind. (Stupid tribe.) He's better, he's back, and he's probably gone in a hurry. If nothing else, 'He has money!' should rear its head -- and football coaches don't always work well with others.

(ETA: I'm surprised FOX let him do this. I'm more surprised at CBS allowing it to go through. Appearing on another network when this edition will air during football season and effectively cross-promote against the CBS pregame show? Would you like an extra gun for your other foot?)

An age-divided cast... that goes immediately goes to two intertwined issues: casting and challenges. There's plenty of 40+ people out there who are in great athletic shape. It doesn't mean the show cast any number higher than zero. Make the early challenges overwhelmingly physical, combine it with 'we traded the couch for rocking chairs', and we're going to be looking at a losing streak Ulong would be jealous of.

Do you think he'll claim to be a landscape?

07-21-10, 02:26 PM (EST)
33. "RE: WE HAVE OUR THIRD CONTESTANT THANKS TO TDT"
Bill Cisco 54 yrs old
Franklin TN
IT Consultant

07-21-10, 02:35 PM (EST)
34. "DALLAS MORNING NEWS ARTICLE ON JIMMY JOHNSON AS SURVIVOR CONTESTANT"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-10 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

Here are articles on Jimmy Johnson as Survivor contestant:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/072110dnosposurvivor.2da4df1.html

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/07/football_coach_jimmy_johnson_w.html

07-22-10, 12:01 PM (EST)
36. "MORE MISSYA INFO"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-10 AT 12:36 PM (EST)

"Couple more interesting tidbits and one correction I think. I believe I posted that Jeremy Scott, a model/actor was in the cast. He is not the model/actor I was told about. The guy who is there and is a model/actor and was dubbed 'Fabio' is Judson B. I did check on some other names I have been sent via private message and e-mail but was told they were not part of the cast. A couple sorta surprised me because according to some respected posters here, they thought they were part of the cast. I can confirm someone everybody thought was there, Jimmy Tarantino. An interesting story about a guy who did not make the show but was given another CBS show is the guy on Big Brother this season named Hayden. He applied for Survivor and was given Big Brother. One other note for now on casting, I am sure someone will figure this one out. There is a player there who was born with only 1 leg. As far as The Game itself, I am told there are no medivaccs, no Exile Island, 20 players, merge at 12, and the challenges were not very physical. The 40 and older team had the more physical players but the challenges did not favor that type of player. The strongest player on either team was on the 30 and under tribe. He is 30 years old. Think James Clement, but white and stronger."

"The only person I have said anything about how far they go was Jimmy Johnson and that was a slip because I want to go week to week. I didnt say what week he leaves but I did give a time frame on him. So dont waste time asking about a bootlist, I do not plan to do that. Since I did give a little away about Jimmy Johnson - even though he did not last long - he still lost lots of weight."

Also possible one-legged female... born one-legged.

Merge at 12; doing F3.

07-22-10, 12:06 PM (EST)
37. "IN REAL TIME: TODAY IS "FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL""
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-10 AT 07:17 PM (EST)

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7457.shtml#5

It's becoming a little muddled because referral thread is to Missyae's spoilers and spoilers other than Miss' are piling up there

Nevertheless, check for lists over there!

07-26-10, 06:30 PM (EST)
47. "TRIBAL MEMBERSHIP"
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-10 AT 07:19 PM (EST)

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7457.shtml#5

I numbered the contestants and then created a list by tribe.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-10, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: TRIBAL MEMBERSHIP"
Please do not repeat posts in different threads. Once is enough - see section IV of the Community Guidelines.

07-26-10, 03:14 PM (EST)
46. "RE: WE HAVE OUR FIRST CONTESTANT THANKS TO TDT"
Holly Hoffman
44 yr old (out early in my opinion)***
Eureka SD
Rancher and Pagent Director

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_nicaragua/survivometer21.htm
for attribution

Go here for a full discussion:
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/71963/t/Potential-cast-member-Holly-Hoffman.html

*** Aw Shucks! I am just going to say it: I PREDICT AND ALL MY CHIPS ON ARE ON HOLLY AS FIRST BOOT.

07-28-10, 04:20 PM (EST)
52. "BLACKWHALE SPOILER: CHASE AND BRENDA ARE AN ITEM BEFORE SHOOTING"
Chase's gal pal is Brenda
http://survivorsucks.com/reply/6283932#reply-6283932

This is our first pre-showmance.

07-28-10, 05:39 PM (EST)
53. "CBS ANNOUNCEMENT: INFO BEGINS TRICKLING IN..."
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/28/survivor-movest-to-wednesday-nights-this-fall-in-a-tribal-battle-of-the-ages/58407?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

New article on 09/15/2010 cycle.

07-29-10, 12:44 PM (EST)
54. "THANKS TO TRUE DORK TIMES!"
TDT has organized all the info. I figure we receiving lots of info to whet our appetites in preparation for September.

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_nicaragua/spoilers/index.htm

07-20-10, 01:04 PM (EST)
24. "BOOT ORDER: FIRST LIST"
Coming soon....

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-21-10, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Missaye Boot List"
Over at Sucks Missaye is being lobbied to keep the boot list she has to herself. Several posters have suggested revealing the boot each week during the season, ala Snewser or Dark Rivers.

I agree, and hope Missaye respects the wishes of, what appears to be, the overwhelming majority of the spoiler community.

There is already quite a bit of information available, so it may be time to start a thread to keep the inside information from those who don't want to know...

Krautboy

07-27-10, 02:42 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Missaye Boot List"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-10 AT 03:34 PM (EST)

Last time a competition to leak spoilers ensued. I figure someone's ego will become involved and another competition will develop.

So far, we have heard from Miss but none of the others who contributed to spoiling Samoa.

If I was betting, it's on a list leaking out. It's too hard to herd cats or posters

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-10, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Missaye Boot List"
I'm hoping S20 allowed those with insider information to have their moment of fame and enjoy the attention. Missyae seems like he is ready to move on to the next level and use his knowledge responsibly, so that he and the rest of the spoiler community can enjoy spoiling and speculating together.

However, I think we may see a proliferation of false spoilers; those that will take the information and clues provided by Missyae, and use it as the framework for their own fabricated spoilers and boot predictions.

And if that happens, that's ok, because it will force us to use our own spoiling skills to arrive at our own conclusions about which spoilers are valid and which are hoax....could be a fun season.

Krautboy

07-27-10, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Missaye Boot List"
We can't ever let our guard down because we saw what happened with missyae's gospel that Parvati would win something like 5 challenges in a row. People were literally rushing over each other to place their bets over on the Survivor Games forum ... and while Parvati did win a couple of ICs and a RC spread over a few episodes, she didn't win as many as was forecast.

Sure, it's a minor thing as compared to being spot-on accurate with the boot list, but still it's worth keeping in mind.

KB - regardless of whether we have a boot list or not, I'd like it if we continued your Hindsight threads and/or posted the question of "Would we have suspected a ________ boot?" to keep our spoiling in shape.

06-24-10, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "The good news (such as it is)."
Given the filming schedules involved here, we are guaranteed one RussHell-free CBS reality series. He can be on Big Brother or he can show up on Survivor and poison yet another year. Given anything short of cloning, he cannot do both. He may not even be able to film 'I am your special guest video torturer' questions for the series he doesn't directly appear in. No one ever said the two production companies were on speaking terms.

The 'poker player' article has what might be an interesting side detail in it: potential player count. That text claims twenty-two people went to the filming site. Some of these are going to be alternates -- although having one depart and the show maintain the numbers was mildly odd for a pre-cast: I'm guessing the one who had to drop out was an alternate.

I don't know how many alternates are brought out in case of emergency, and we do know they can be sent back too early: season of nineteen, anyone? But six would be too many to back up a player pool of sixteen. If the count is accurate, then we're looking at eighteen or twenty participants -- which means more one and two-day cycles, double Councils, and other disruptions to the 'take three and remove one' schedule.

Which further means that we can once again kiss the introductory cells goodbye.

The rumors about RussHell having been recruited as hamster bait are spreading. And I'm not the one doing it.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-10, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The good news (such as it is)."
I still can't get past my annoyance that Survivor's filming in the same place where House Hunters International recently showed yuppies from Santa Barbara buying their dream home.

Sure they've had to put a perimeter around other shoots to keep out tourists, but those tourists had at least paid some travel dues to get there. Hermosa beach. Why don't they just use the Hermosa in SoCal, kick the surfers and LA folks off the beach, same as they're doing in SJDS, what's the difference? Especially with the people they cast these days, they could just kick all but 20 people off of Hermosa beach and have a cast -- skip all the months of interviews, and it would be equally good. 0=0

There IS remote territory in Nicaragua where people could be proud of surviving, but one of the most popular surfing beaches in the world? Gah, it's all about where Jiffy and the crew get to stay in great digs.

I am so not enthused about the next two seasons. I hope it rains a LOT, Estee.

06-25-10, 01:29 PM (EST)
10. "Shooting schedule and climate."
If the information above is correct, then we have a start date of June 14th and (barring an Australia reprise) the contestants wrapped on July 23rd. Additionally, having the fourth boot on Day 11 guarantees the show started with more than sixteen contestants.

For Season 22, we turn to RussHell -- who was reported to have about ten days of rest, recharge, and ego-stroking before having to turn around and have the bricks hit him again. So what will eventually turn into the winter-spring airing should film starting in early August, running into September -- which places that group even deeper into the heart of the region's rainy season.

http://www.vianica.com/nicaragua/7-climate.html

Take a look at the charts. While the temperatures should fall off as filming progresses, things are going to become steadily wetter. The first group should be able to get away with weak shelters: the second is going to be begging for waterproofing rewards. As far as weather is concerned, we're potentially looking at two completely different environments for two shooting seasons. Anyone who gets to come back from Round One thinking they know what they're up against will be proven wrong in a hurry.

I don't think we'll see a Kathleen (weather/insanity-induced quit) for #21, but the odds go way up in #22. A downpour a day could weed out the recruits fast.

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-26-10, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shooting schedule and climate."
"Which further means that we can once again kiss the introductory cells goodbye."

What are introductory cells, please??? Thanks!

06-26-10, 08:52 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Shooting schedule and climate."
Introductory cells = early boots.

The fewer people there are in a season, the better chance we'll see more of them during their boot episodes. But if there is a large cast (18 or 20), we won't get to know them as well.

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-27-10, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Shooting schedule and climate."
I thought the introductory cells were the opening credits. Oh well.

Anyway, if I remember correctly from the HvV finale, the preview for Nicaragua mentioned 18 castaways.

06-27-10, 10:24 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Shooting schedule and climate."
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-10 AT 02:45 PM (EST)

It could be that as well, but every castaway should get "something" that shows who they are. We've seen in larger seasons where screen time were severely cut for the early boots, whether it's by cutting the credits or by only showing a cursory glance of the early boots before they're gone and we're left with "huh, why did they get booted?"

For example, in Fiji, all the focus was on the opening challenge where we saw the teams being split into two and one person being sent to Exile Island, then the twist being revealed that one tribe would get the "luxury" goods while the other tribe would get nothing. Meanwhile, we never really got to see who Jessica deBen was and why she got the boot - she was apparently blamed for the challenge loss but there were others who were shown as having a bigger contribution to the loss.

06-27-10, 07:29 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Shooting schedule and climate."
For this definition, a cell refers to a given piece of television footage, often used to set up something in an episode. (e.g. If, before the credits roll, you get forty seconds explaining the premise of the show to new viewers -- and that footage shows up every single time -- you're looking at a saga cell.)

Introductory cells are what we used to get very early in Survivor's run for first episodes. Each contestant would get a few seconds of screen time, usually showing them against their work background while Jeff read off their names and told us what they did for a living. It took about two minutes or so for getting through sixteen people and by the end of it, while we hardly knew everything about them, we'd at least been introduced. We had names. These days, we can easily reach Episode #6 before we in-episode hear who everyone is. Because there are things more important to EPMB than telling us who's playing his game. Collectively, those things are known as 'everything'.

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-28-10, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Shooting schedule and climate."
Thank you all! I thought I was up on the lingo...but that one had me stumped!

07-20-10, 04:36 PM (EST)
26. "Rumor: S22 fomat/theme."
'Rob vs. Russell.'

http://tinyurl.com/367etmy

As the article notes, this one's got problems. What happens if those two get voted out early? Can you cast people naive enough to follow RussHell as leader? (Yes, but the quality of the season will suffer.) Can I schedule enough social outings, parties, books, and other viewing choices to make it through that particular fall? This may be the time to go after the complete works of Donald Westlake.

And most importantly: will anyone care to see His Most Arrogantness for three times in four seasons?

I already have my personal answer to that one. It reads as 'John Dortmunder'.

07-20-10, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme."
I went to Sucks to see if there was anything to that rumor and found that it was first posted by missyae who has a proven track record. Fortunately, someone posted this apparently from Russell's facebook page:

"There are a lot of rumors out there circulating, I am letting everyone know that I am efficially retiring from the game of Survivor. I'm not saying I will never do reality tv, I already proved my point that I'm the best survivor. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone, but I think its for the best for me and my family to move on. Thank you for your support and God Bless."

I'm hoping this is true. ("efficially" really sounds like Russell)

07-20-10, 07:51 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme."
Azula always lies... and doesn't know how to compose a sentence.

Another rumor with origins in a Jeff interview is that S22 would be a Second Chances season. This format would be a group of two-timers who had been taken out of their game by Forces Beyond Their Control (Other Than The Vote, Obviously). Michael Skupin was given as the strongest example. (The two rumors don't necessarily contradict each other: you could easily have a group of returnees with Rob at the helm.)

http://tinyurl.com/y88gk3y

Either way, we could be looking at some kind of boomerang activity in the next few weeks. Watch for vanishings.

He proved his point? To whom?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-10, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme."

Summertribe and the living is ease-zee

To the only person that matters in all the universe, himself.

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-21-10, 05:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme."
Azula at least has a good backstory. And she doesn't take up 90% of the screen time. And psychopathic as Azula is, she is pretty cute.

07-21-10, 07:58 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme."
I was thinking "second chances" was a good idea but that interview goes back to February. They could have changed their minds.

BTW, it wasn't only if they hadn't been voted out because, besides Skupin, Jeff had also mentioned Hunter.

Who is Azula?

07-21-10, 08:58 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme."
Fictional character and secondary antagonist for most of Avatar's TV run. A highly functional sociopath operating in a position of power, which means anyone who questions her motives gets to do so exactly once. If it wasn't for the whole 'female' thing, she's what RussHell wants to be if he grows up.

Seeing her trying to flirt is almost a religious comedy experience.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-10, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Rumor: S22 fomat/theme."
("efficially" really sounds like Russell)

"I already proved my point that I'm the best survivor" really REALLY sounds like RussHell.

07-22-10, 06:35 PM (EST)
39. "LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT"
Let's see:

Missyae proven spoiler.

RussHELL proven LIAR.

I take Miss any day!

07-22-10, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT"
As missyae is not truthful about HIS identity, and has a track record of being emotional, nasty, and vindictive under this and other nics, his spoiling should be evaluated as it proves itself, not due to some supposedly established name as a spoiler.

07-29-10, 03:04 PM (EST)
55. "RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT"
Do your comments conform with Guidelines?

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/87.shtml

07-29-10, 03:52 PM (EST)
56. "RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-10 AT 03:54 PM (EST)

For one thing, Missyae is not a regular RTW member anymore - she stopped posting on this site a few months ago. Her history of changing user names is well known amongst the moderators and long-time posters, particularly on another site.

Second, OFG has been around since S2 Australia - she knows the guidelines of this site as well as anyone so I don't think anyone gets to point out the guidelines to her.

07-29-10, 05:06 PM (EST)
57. "RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT"
Pepe, thanks for rescuing me from bewilderment as to why the guidelines were evoked, as mike's post left me going HUH???

Although he may still be regestered here, missyae had a public spat with Brownroach, threw a hissy, and left, so you are correct, I don't think of him as a Blows community member. When he did post here, I certainly treated him by the book.

As to my comments, they weren't made to poke at missyae personally. I'm not expressing my likes and dislikes for the guy. My concern is purely with respect to spoiling. We know that missyae -- aka Cerebral Game Player aka The Game aka Ross Barnett and other nics -- has a volatile personality and sometimes mixes up information. He should be handled with care and regarded at arm's length.

07-29-10, 05:47 PM (EST)
59. "RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-10 AT 06:10 PM (EST)

OFG: ***We know that missyae snip has a volatile personality snip. He should be handled with care and regarded at arm's length.***

I guess I'm not "in the know"... Don't worry. Pepe has set me straight. No one has the right to question you. I am so sorry. I promise not to do it again. Please forgive me.

07-29-10, 07:03 PM (EST)
61. "RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT"
Mike, the sarcasm is uncalled for.
I am not above questioning by any means, but I would say it is a bit insulting to link the guidelines to anyone who's been using this forum for years. In my case for over nine years, so I am very familiar with the guidelines. I know I can still mess up, and if I do, I hope a mod will tell me so.

As to being "in the know" about missyae, I would think that reading his posts over the course of the last year, at Sucks and here both, would be plenty of evidence of volatility and a tendency to reword the "intel." However, it is normal in this community for people to have knowledge that is not posted on the boards. For years I have accepted that I don't know as much as certain other people, and you may want to contemplate that you too are not in all the loops, and be at peace with that.

Survivor spoilers have been interacting with each other for a decade, and those who have been around a long time and look at various boards tend to know stuff about people's track records. It's a community. There is no reason for you to get offended because I contradict some statement you make about missyae based on other info.

FYI, re Pepe's last post, when you put more than one word in caps, that is considered screaming, turning up the volume, and people don't like it. That includes starting a new topic where the subject heading is all caps. If you look around, that is not how other posters do their subject headings.

Now, because this is becoming an interpersonal back and forth, I need to step out. I've done my best to explain myself. If you need the last word, take it, but I'm not going to continue responding to jabs.

07-29-10, 05:44 PM (EST)
58. "RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-10 AT 06:08 PM (EST)

To PP: I asked a simple question. I guess you TOLD ME.

07-29-10, 06:16 PM (EST)
60. "RE: LET'S WEIGH THIS OUT"
I didn't "TOLD YOU" anything. I was merely pointing out in so many words there's a very, very good reason why long-time spoilers on this site are more than a little wary of whatever comes from missyae's keyboard.

NO SCREAMING NECESSARY, folks... carry on with your regularly-scheduled spoiling.

07-22-10, 11:46 PM (EST)
41. "RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION IN REAL TIME - STARTED LAST WEEK WE NEED A PLACE FOR SPOILERS! I HAVE MORE INFO"
Premiere is Wed., Sept 15th. Apologies if already posted and I missed it.
Starting one week before rest of CBS line-up.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-10, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION IN REAL TIME - STARTED LAST WEEK WE NEED A PLACE FOR SPOILERS! I HAVE MORE INFO"
Any idea why it's Wednesday instead of the usual Thursday?

07-23-10, 02:41 AM (EST)
43. "RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION IN REAL TIME - STARTED LAST WEEK WE NEED A PLACE FOR SPOILERS! I HAVE MORE INFO"
Because CBS changed the schedule. Wed is now the regular night. I whined about it up the topic aways.

07-23-10, 06:46 AM (EST)
44. "RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION IN REAL TIME - STARTED LAST WEEK WE NEED A PLACE FOR SPOILERS! I HAVE MORE INFO"
Bloody hell. Wednesdays is my night class that I teach.

07-23-10, 07:15 AM (EST)
45. "RE: SURVIVOR NICARAGUA: PRODUCTION IN REAL TIME - STARTED LAST WEEK WE NEED A PLACE FOR SPOILERS! I HAVE MORE INFO"
CBS, this is unacceptable.
Survivor is on Thursdays; it has been on Thursdays for ten years; what are you thinking?

The Big Bang Theory is moving to Thursdays; if CSI and the Mentalist are staying the same, BBT gets half the Survivor slot.
I watch Big Bang and actually love that show, but I was happy having it hiding out on Monday, which is a grim desert in my week of TV.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •